PDA

View Full Version : bronco gm denies a lack of support for tebow

arapaho2
02-25-2011, 01:28 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/25/gm-denies-tebow-lack-support-from-broncos/?module=HP_headlines

INDIANAPOLIS — Broncos general manager Brian Xanders denied an NFL.com/NFL Network report (http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d81e68823) that second-year quarterback Tim Tebow lacks support within the organization.
“First of all, I think that report was false,” Xanders said Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine. “I think there’s a lot of people in our building that are behind Tim Tebow. He had a very successful career at Florida, and he’s working hard in his career to become a better quarterback at the NFL level. He’s somebody that the franchise invested a lot into in terms of draft picks and contract, but he’s going to create his role, and he’s done a good job so far with his limited opportunities. So, that report was false.”

cont.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Smells like BS to me...

I keep hearing from the front office how Tebow isn't very good right now, I disagree, he's already better than Orton, so Orton must REALLY suck, but I guess they can't come out and say "Our QB sucks, but hey, we'll take a 2nd rounder for him..."

SoCalImport
02-25-2011, 02:48 PM
hoping that it's smoke and mirrors

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
I don't think it is. To me, it just seems, despite all the pleasantry, Fox and Elway are not big Tebow fans nor do they respect his ability as a QB. I just get that impression and could easily be wrong, but they don't do much to come out and support him, but for that matter they don't do much for Orton either. At least we don't have to hear the biggest BS line in Broncos history... "Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win..." even after the Raiders, Chargers, Cardinals, and so many other teams have their way with us and our offense is anemic.

claymore
02-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Alphonso Smith got more support. If they dont like Tebow hopefully they have a good backup plan. Pull the trigger quick so we can get on with our lives.

Ravage!!!
02-25-2011, 03:09 PM
You can't take it as though they "aren't Tebow fans." NO ONE cares about Tebow as much as the fans do. They aren't looking at Tebow from a fan's perspective, they are looking at Tebow from a QB perspective.

As of right now Tebow is NOT better than Orton. I've made it pretty clear on my feelings about Orton as a QB, and that is that he is nothing much better than a back-up, and certainly is a place-holder if the starter. But right now, Tebow was further back than even I expected him to be after watching him play those last few games. I was excited to watch him finally in the line-up, but he had not progressed as far as I was hoping he had during the first 12 games of the season.

If there is ONE thing I trust veteran QBs to recognize and see from the game and/or tape of the game... is when the QB on the field is missing things he shouldn't be missing. If Elway is skeptical of Tebow's play, I know he absolutely sees MUCH MUCH more than I do, and even I'm very skeptical of Tebow's play at this point in time.

If it goes into camp as a competition, and Orton comes out on top, thats going to tell us that Orton isn't better than we thought (because we have absolutely seen enough of Orton to know what he is)... it just means that Tebow is just not catching on. If he does come out ahead of Orton, then he's gotten his shot and proved to come out victorious.

But as of right now, it just makes more sense for the FO to claim Orton the starter, and to move forward with full expectations of an open competition for the starting spot.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
You can't take it as though they "aren't Tebow fans." NO ONE cares about Tebow as much as the fans do. They aren't looking at Tebow from a fan's perspective, they are looking at Tebow from a QB perspective.

As of right now Tebow is NOT better than Orton. I've made it pretty clear on my feelings about Orton as a QB, and that is that he is nothing much better than a back-up, and certainly is a place-holder if the starter. But right now, Tebow was further back than even I expected him to be after watching him play those last few games. I was excited to watch him finally in the line-up, but he had not progressed as far as I was hoping he had during the first 12 games of the season.

If there is ONE thing I trust veteran QBs to recognize and see from the game and/or tape of the game... is when the QB on the field is missing things he shouldn't be missing. If Elway is skeptical of Tebow's play, I know he absolutely sees MUCH MUCH more than I do, and even I'm very skeptical of Tebow's play at this point in time.

If it goes into camp as a competition, and Orton comes out on top, thats going to tell us that Orton isn't better than we thought (because we have absolutely seen enough of Orton to know what he is)... it just means that Tebow is just not catching on. If he does come out ahead of Orton, then he's gotten his shot and proved to come out victorious.

But as of right now, it just makes more sense for the FO to claim Orton the starter, and to move forward with full expectations of an open competition for the starting spot.
If it comes to that, in the end and TT is named the starter, then isn't KO's value (percieved or otherwise) down to shit? Would the FO REALLY take that chance???
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't know how you can say that Rav...

Tebow hadn't progressed and Orton is better? The Broncos were 1,000X more competitive with him at QB than they were with Orton.

It's one thing to put up DECENT - Orton's stats were nothing special, but good enough stats and it's another to win ball games and pull upsets. Tebow kept us in the Raiders game, he helped win the Texans game with 300+ yards and a game winning rushing TD that Orton would NEVER pull off, and he damn near beat the Chargers in the same fashion, the SAME Chargers team that destroyed us when Orton was starting.

I feel I'm a rational fan, there have been a lot of Broncos players that have come and gone that I didn't like, thought sucked, proved me wrong, all of the above, but to me there is already no comparison between Tebow and Orton. Tebow gives Denver a better chance to win, you can just do more with him, his arm is stronger, he is more mobile, he has 1,000X the guts Orton does, he's fearless... He will do what it takes to win.

I just don't know what games some of you were watching last season that made you believe Orton is able to hold it together for 17 weeks. In more traditional offenses he has struggled, mightily.

Ravage!!!
02-25-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't know how you can say that Rav...

Tebow hadn't progressed and Orton is better? The Broncos were 1,000X more competitive with him at QB than they were with Orton.

It's one thing to put up DECENT - Orton's stats were nothing special, but good enough stats and it's another to win ball games and pull upsets. Tebow kept us in the Raiders game, he helped win the Texans game with 300+ yards and a game winning rushing TD that Orton would NEVER pull off, and he damn near beat the Chargers in the same fashion, the SAME Chargers team that destroyed us when Orton was starting.

I feel I'm a rational fan, there have been a lot of Broncos players that have come and gone that I didn't like, thought sucked, proved me wrong, all of the above, but to me there is already no comparison between Tebow and Orton. Tebow gives Denver a better chance to win, you can just do more with him, his arm is stronger, he is more mobile, he has 1,000X the guts Orton does, he's fearless... He will do what it takes to win.

I just don't know what games some of you were watching last season that made you believe Orton is able to hold it together for 17 weeks. In more traditional offenses he has struggled, mightily.

As I've said, I've made it VERY VERY clear how I feel about Orton as a QB. I dont' think he's more than a back-up. I think he's a good back-up, but a poor starter. A guy that is purely a place holder until the team finds a real starter to take his place. I was not excited at all about him coming here, and haven't been excited since he's been in a Bronco uniform.

But your exaggeration of the Broncos being 1000X more competitive is your pure opinion and not fact.

But just because Orton is not great, doesn't mean Tebow is the better option. Although I was excited to see Tebow finally in the lineup, I saw a QB that was more 'raw' in QBing in the pocket and from behind center than I expected him to be, and I wasn't expecting him to be polished at ALLLL. But he was further behind then I expected him to be. Everything from his footwork, to the way he progressed through his reads, to the accuracy of this throws...everything.

Let me be clear here, however. I'm NOT down on Tebow. But from the "QBing" perspective, Orton is heads above Tebow...right NOW. Tebow is the better athlete by far, but I don't think that's all the coaching staff and FO is looking for.

If it was sooo clear cut (as you would like to believe) there wouldn't be talk of any competition. But there is. Why do you think that is? Please don't tell me its because you just think the FO is somehow just isn't a "fan." Only the message board people talk and feel about these silly prejudices against Tebow. The FO doesn't give a crap where he went to college or what his back-round his. They are looking to put the best QB behind center.

That may very well be Tebow. But he's going to have to improve, a LOT to be considered the future of this team.

If Tebow isn't the starter this coming season, what would that tell you? It would tell me that everything that people second-guessed about TT was true, correct, and that spending that many picks on him was the WRONG thing to do.

However, if he IS the starter, then what was the harm in having the competition for the starting spot? Nothing. In FACT, if there IS a competition, then we have a solid back-up if/when Orton loses the starting role. There is NO WAY we keep Orton as a back-up if we name Tebow the starter right now. No team keeps the incumbent QB as a back-up after they replaced him at starter. Just doesn't happen. So if there is NO competition, then our back-up is Brady Quinn. But if there IS a competition for the starting role, then you can justify Orton still being on roster as a back-up.

On the other side of that, if there truly is a competition, then the coaching staff will absolutely have to put the player that plays BEST during the TC's. They can't tell the team and players that there is a fair competition for the starting spot and then start Tebow no matter what. The players will see who is better, who makes the better reads, understands the offense and defense, and which QB will make few mistakes. The team will see it and the locker room will KNOW whom should be on the field. So if they state that its a competition, then they will have to be prepared to sit Tebow again if thats how it works out during camps.

Think of it this way. If its true that Tebow is so far ahead of Orton as you believe, then there is nothing to lose and only to GAIN by having the competition for the starting spot.

OrangeHoof
02-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Let me just ask a simple question. You're the Denver Broncos. You have two quarterbacks, one the organization may like but the fan base doesn't and one the organization may not like but the fan base does. You've decided you're going to have to trade one of the two in the near future so the entire team can get behind one guy and stick with it.

So, which guy are you going to play up in the media during the off-season, the guy you want to keep or the guy you want to trade for the best deal possible?

IMO, you play up the guy you want to trade because you want to get the most bounty you can get from the other team. There will be plenty of time to make up with the guy you are keeping at a later time.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Let me just ask a simple question. You're the Denver Broncos. You have two quarterbacks, one the organization may like but the fan base doesn't and one the organization may not like but the fan base does. You've decided you're going to have to trade one of the two in the near future so the entire team can get behind one guy and stick with it.

So, which guy are you going to play up in the media during the off-season, the guy you want to keep or the guy you want to trade for the best deal possible?

IMO, you play up the guy you want to trade because you want to get the most bounty you can get from the other team. There will be plenty of time to make up with the guy you are keeping at a later time.

Yep...

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 06:43 PM
As I've said, I've made it VERY VERY clear how I feel about Orton as a QB. I dont' think he's more than a back-up. I think he's a good back-up, but a poor starter. A guy that is purely a place holder until the team finds a real starter to take his place. I was not excited at all about him coming here, and haven't been excited since he's been in a Bronco uniform.

But your exaggeration of the Broncos being 1000X more competitive is your pure opinion and not fact.

But just because Orton is not great, doesn't mean Tebow is the better option. Although I was excited to see Tebow finally in the lineup, I saw a QB that was more 'raw' in QBing in the pocket and from behind center than I expected him to be, and I wasn't expecting him to be polished at ALLLL. But he was further behind then I expected him to be. Everything from his footwork, to the way he progressed through his reads, to the accuracy of this throws...everything.

Let me be clear here, however. I'm NOT down on Tebow. But from the "QBing" perspective, Orton is heads above Tebow...right NOW. Tebow is the better athlete by far, but I don't think that's all the coaching staff and FO is looking for.

If it was sooo clear cut (as you would like to believe) there wouldn't be talk of any competition. But there is. Why do you think that is? Please don't tell me its because you just think the FO is somehow just isn't a "fan." Only the message board people talk and feel about these silly prejudices against Tebow. The FO doesn't give a crap where he went to college or what his back-round his. They are looking to put the best QB behind center.

That may very well be Tebow. But he's going to have to improve, a LOT to be considered the future of this team.

If Tebow isn't the starter this coming season, what would that tell you? It would tell me that everything that people second-guessed about TT was true, correct, and that spending that many picks on him was the WRONG thing to do.

However, if he IS the starter, then what was the harm in having the competition for the starting spot? Nothing. In FACT, if there IS a competition, then we have a solid back-up if/when Orton loses the starting role. There is NO WAY we keep Orton as a back-up if we name Tebow the starter right now. No team keeps the incumbent QB as a back-up after they replaced him at starter. Just doesn't happen. So if there is NO competition, then our back-up is Brady Quinn. But if there IS a competition for the starting role, then you can justify Orton still being on roster as a back-up.

On the other side of that, if there truly is a competition, then the coaching staff will absolutely have to put the player that plays BEST during the TC's. They can't tell the team and players that there is a fair competition for the starting spot and then start Tebow no matter what. The players will see who is better, who makes the better reads, understands the offense and defense, and which QB will make few mistakes. The team will see it and the locker room will KNOW whom should be on the field. So if they state that its a competition, then they will have to be prepared to sit Tebow again if thats how it works out during camps.

Think of it this way. If its true that Tebow is so far ahead of Orton as you believe, then there is nothing to lose and only to GAIN by having the competition for the starting spot.

I just don't see where Orton is "heads and shoulders" above Tebow at this point...

I don't care about Tebow's mechanics, look at Rivers, his mechanics aren't that great and he gets it done at a Pro Bowl if not MVP level.

Do we even have a CHANCE to beat the Chargers if Orton plays? Hell no. Do we beat the Texans if Orton plays? Hell no. Are we even competitive if Orton plays the Raiders in Oakland? Hell no.

Flip it around... Would Tebow have scored more than 6 points against the Chiefs? Would he have at least done ANYTHING against the Cardinals? I'm thinking he would.

You also have to consider the fact that the coaches didn't decide to open up the playbook until the 2nd half of the Texans game and Tebow exploded from that point forward.

I don't know if he's the answer but it is my humble opinion that he is CURRENTLY a better QB than Orton and he gives Denver a better chance to win games than Kyle does.

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 06:50 PM
I just don't see where Orton is "heads and shoulders" above Tebow at this point...

I don't care about Tebow's mechanics, look at Rivers, his mechanics aren't that great and he gets it done at a Pro Bowl if not MVP level.

Do we even have a CHANCE to beat the Chargers if Orton plays? Hell no. Do we beat the Texans if Orton plays? Hell no. Are we even competitive if Orton plays the Raiders in Oakland? Hell no.

Flip it around... Would Tebow have scored more than 6 points against the Chiefs? Would he have at least done ANYTHING against the Cardinals? I'm thinking he would.

You also have to consider the fact that the coaches didn't decide to open up the playbook until the 2nd half of the Texans game and Tebow exploded from that point forward.

I don't know if he's the answer but it is my humble opinion that he is CURRENTLY a better QB than Orton and he gives Denver a better chance to win games than Kyle does.

I couldn't agree with you more!!!:beer:
At of all the places for a rookie QB to have his first game.....the 'Black Hole" and play that well. Followed up by 2 more games of about the same production in a limited offense (by McCoy play calling). He earned my trust.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 06:57 PM
I couldn't agree with you more!!!:beer:
At of all the places for a rookie QB to have his first game.....the 'Black Hole" and play that well. Followed up by 2 more games of about the same production in a limited offense (by McCoy play calling). He earned my trust.

Bingo. :beer:

Ravage!!!
02-25-2011, 07:16 PM

This is all pure speculation and complete opinion. Which is fine, of course. But I don't think that Tebow is the better QB. I think he's the better athlete, right now.

You want to believe that the only thing Tebow is missing is perfect form and mechanics. Thats not what I'm talking about. Mechanics aren't what people rated him on when coming out of college..after all, using your example, Rivers was rated to be the #1 overall pick and he has bad "mechanics." So lets not pretend that its Tebow's lack of perfect throwing motion thats the only thing holding him back.

It was pretty apparent, and I honestly felt it was even worse than I had imagined after watching him play. Its ok. I mean I'm rooting for the guy to succeed. We absolutely need him to. But right now, he needs a LOT of work, and its not a coincidence that Elway has hinted at this time and time and time again. John doesn't continue to comment how 'raw' Tebow is purely based on the motion of his throwing arm.

So yeah.. as of right now, at this point.. .Tebow is the better athlete and Orton is the better QB. Now I say that while hurting inside, because I know Orton isn't the future and HOPING Tebow can be. But as of right now, after the few games I've seen of Tebow thus far, its very much an uphill battle for him. I'm not completely sold that he'll make it, but I'm still hoping.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2011, 07:23 PM
So, this is the second time this season where a member of the media has made a wild claim about Tebow. The first time it was Peter King saying we might trade him to McDaniels' new team, before he actually had one, and Elway had to check him by releasing a statement.

Now, McNuthugger #2 Michael Lombardi starts spinning unfounded bullshit about the current Broncos FO "distancing themselves" from Tebow and Xanders has to release a statement to check his sorry ass.

What is it with Tebow that he can't just be judged for what he has done, but negative shit has to be made up to report on about him? Is it really that important to try to derail this guy's career that the media has to blatantly MAKE SHIT UP to make him look bad?

**** Lombardi. Ya know, two can play at that game, I heard that when Peyton Hillis was finished showing McDaniels' wife what a real man was like, he plowed Lombardi's wife, too.

How's that? Completely made up, but it could've happened and although I have no proof, I'm gonna say it anyway...

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 07:24 PM
This is all pure speculation and complete opinion. Which is fine, of course. But I don't think that Tebow is the better QB. I think he's the better athlete, right now.

You want to believe that the only thing Tebow is missing is perfect form and mechanics. Thats not what I'm talking about. Mechanics aren't what people rated him on when coming out of college..after all, using your example, Rivers was rated to be the #1 overall pick and he has bad "mechanics." So lets not pretend that its Tebow's lack of perfect throwing motion thats the only thing holding him back.

It was pretty apparent, and I honestly felt it was even worse than I had imagined after watching him play. Its ok. I mean I'm rooting for the guy to succeed. We absolutely need him to. But right now, he needs a LOT of work, and its not a coincidence that Elway has hinted at this time and time and time again. John doesn't continue to comment how 'raw' Tebow is purely based on the motion of his throwing arm.

So yeah.. as of right now, at this point.. .Tebow is the better athlete and Orton is the better QB. Now I say that while hurting inside, because I know Orton isn't the future and HOPING Tebow can be. But as of right now, after the few games I've seen of Tebow thus far, its very much an uphill battle for him. I'm not completely sold that he'll make it, but I'm still hoping.

touche

elsid13
02-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Alphonso Smith got more support. If they dont like Tebow hopefully they have a good backup plan. Pull the trigger quick so we can get on with our lives.

The back-up plan is playing at Stanford this up coming season. Tebow gets a chance to show what he has for 1 season.

dogfish
02-25-2011, 08:48 PM
The back-up plan is playing at Stanford this up coming season. Tebow gets a chance to show what he has for 1 season.

if that's the backup plan, it's the dumbest one of all time. . . :laugh:

we couldn't get the top pick in the draft in the worst year of our existence, and no way we're as bad under a professional coach as we were last year. . . unless you think luck is going to fall down the charts some?

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2011, 09:42 PM
if that's the backup plan, it's the dumbest one of all time. . . :laugh:

we couldn't get the top pick in the draft in the worst year of our existence, and no way we're as bad under a professional coach as we were last year. . . unless you think luck is going to fall down the charts some?

You just never know. Last year it was all about Jake Locker (rivaled Sam Bradford's popularity) before he decided to stay at school and now he's the 3rd or maybe even the 4th rated guy in the class. How much $ did he cost himself?

Much like Leinart (assclown) who could've been the #1 overall pick instead of Alex Smith but decided to wait, Locker and probably Luck (who won't be anywhere near as good without Harbaugh coaching him, mark my words) have probably cost themselves a good deal of $ when the next Cam Newton/flavor of the year QB takes the spotlight.

It was the combination of Luck and Harbaugh that made Luck so good last year. We'll see how good he really is with a different coach.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 11:40 PM

I'm just curious, because I respect your opinion as much as anyone's on this board, what has Orton ever done that was impressive? To me, he's the same guy I watched at Purdue, at Chicago... He just got put into a system that played to his strengths and he did OK, he wasn't destroying defenses by any stretch...

I think Orton has set the bar very low, and that is all the more apparent when Tebow comes in and is immediately competitive at the QB position. Tebow was supposed to take YEARS to develop but he is already arguably better than Orton - to many.

I really think that may have been the logic behind McDaniels giving Orton a 2 year deal instead of a 1 year deal, he thought Orton would be needed while Tebow developed. The problem with that is that Orton may or MAY NOT be better than Tebow, based on the competitiveness of the team, I would argue that Tebow is already a better leader and gives the Broncos the better chance to win games on the field, where it matters. In 3 starts, 1.5 of which were using an ultra-conservative playbook, Tebow tossed for 300 yards and nearly pulled off 2 upsets.

I just don't get where this "Orton is a good QB" nonsense comes from. I understand it from TOP because he is in love with the dude, and I know you've said he is a backup at best, but what has he shown he can do better than even Tim Tebow at this point?

If Tebow were Andrew Luck or Sam Bradford, would we even be discussing Kyle Orton?

broncofaninfla
02-26-2011, 12:05 AM
The more praise I hear about Orton from the Denver brass the more I think Denver is going to trade him. Denver HAS to talk Orton up to maximize his value. We all saw the audition last year. Orton was great withen a system but sucked everytime the system broke down. Tebow was good withen that system and could make things happen when the system broke down, which was often. Tebow just offers way more upside than Orton. We have a chance to land a pretty decent pick for Orton. With all of the holes that Mcd created on this team, Denver has to give serious consideration in trading the no upside QB for a young player most likely superior in talent.
For the record my college team is FSU, I was not a Tebow fan at all before being drafted by Denver. I watched his games though and grew to respect his game. The kid has a will to win that is insane and truly busts his ass on every play. It's time to trade Orton.

PAINTERDAVE
02-26-2011, 03:23 AM
I think Orton has set the bar very low, and that is all the more apparent when Tebow comes in and is immediately competitive at the QB position. Tebow was supposed to take YEARS to develop but he is already arguably better than Orton - to many.

I really think that may have been the logic behind McDaniels giving Orton a 2 year deal instead of a 1 year deal, he thought Orton would be needed while Tebow developed. The problem with that is that Orton may or MAY NOT be better than Tebow, based on the competitiveness of the team, I would argue that Tebow is already a better leader and gives the Broncos the better chance to win games on the field, where it matters. In 3 starts, 1.5 of which were using an ultra-conservative playbook, Tebow tossed for 300 yards and nearly pulled off 2 upsets.

Orton was traded here on a two year, low ball deal.
He started McD's first year.
He barely won 5 of those 6 games before the bye.
He choked after the bye and only led the team to victory 2 of 10 games.

His second year under contract... we picked up Quinn and drafted Tebow.
Kyle was signed to an extra year at the begining of McD's second season.
NOT a long term deal. A ONE year contract.
Kyle immediatly struggled to win. We all know what happens to Kyle under pressure.
He looks great in Training camp... or once the game is out of reach...
and the other team lets up.
Look at how he handled the pressure he created with his pick 6 to start the Raiders Debacle.

The ONE year extension was by design. It was done so that he could not walk as a free agent.
It was designed so we could trade him,
and his reasonable, one year contract for some value to be determined later.

Tebow may or may not be the future here. He needs a shot, in order to find out.
We NEED to find out. If he wont work... if Tim is NOT the guy...
we need to know.
We would need to trade Tim in 2012.

Using Orton as a stopgap another sesaon would be incredibly useless.
Using Kyle another season, then him walking as a free agent would leave us further behind than before.

I seriously doubt the Broncos will sign Kyle to a long term, lucrative deal.
I doubt Kyle will sign another cheap one year extension.

Orton's value to us is as trade bait.
He has attitude problems, and is lacking in leadership and has no drive to win.
Kyle has led the team to failure 21 of the last 26 games. He is NOT a winner.

Tim is a proven winner, he needs valuable reps with the first team...
and a shot... sooner rather than later.

If Orton can win us 5 games this year...
and Tebow could win us 5 games this year...

why in the world would we not FIND out what Tim has got in the tank?

Kyle has no untapped potential... Tim has a TON of untapped potential.
Kyle is on a 4-8 million dollar one year contract... Tim is on a reasonable 4 year contract.

If Kyle starts and plays... we gotta pay him the full 8 million. Then he walks.

Do the math.

Northman
02-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Xanders may be correct but he shouldnt of said "I THINK that report is false". I mean, it either is or it isnt.

Northman
02-26-2011, 04:45 AM
So, this is the second time this season where a member of the media has made a wild claim about Tebow. The first time it was Peter King saying we might trade him to McDaniels' new team, before he actually had one, and Elway had to check him by releasing a statement.

Now, McNuthugger #2 Michael Lombardi starts spinning unfounded bullshit about the current Broncos FO "distancing themselves" from Tebow and Xanders has to release a statement to check his sorry ass.

What is it with Tebow that he can't just be judged for what he has done, but negative shit has to be made up to report on about him? Is it really that important to try to derail this guy's career that the media has to blatantly MAKE SHIT UP to make him look bad?

**** Lombardi. Ya know, two can play at that game, I heard that when Peyton Hillis was finished showing McDaniels' wife what a real man was like, he plowed Lombardi's wife, too.

How's that? Completely made up, but it could've happened and although I have no proof, I'm gonna say it anyway...

Excellent post. :lol:

TXBRONC
02-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Xanders may be correct but he shouldnt of said "I THINK that report is false". I mean, it either is or it isnt.

Exactly, it's either a false report or it's not. If it's not false say it is anyway because that's in the team best interest. That being said, I think Tebow does have the support of the front office.

BroncoJoe
02-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Orton may be the "better QB" right now, but he has plateaued.

Tebow's performance in those three games proved to me that while raw, his plateau is FAR higher than Orton's.

LTC Pain
02-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not Xs and Os like some of you on this board. But I saw enough promise and potential in TT the last three games last season that I want to see more. We've seen all we are going to see with Orton but definitely not TT. The coaching staff needs to work the midnight shift with TT then let the boy play.

Krugan
02-26-2011, 12:09 PM
why does anyone need to come out and hold anyones hand?

Im not sure why things like this get under anyones skin.

Frankly, im not happy with any of the bunch, but this is what we have.

Its a sad state when you have to play a young kid who is raw over a vet. Its sad when you consider that we "need" to play him to see if the investment is worthwhile. Its sad that we may have to considered that all of the 3 will be gone after 1 more season.

Speaks volumes of how sad things are in DTown right about now.

PAINTERDAVE
02-26-2011, 12:52 PM

Frankly, im not happy with any of the bunch, but this is what we have.

Its a sad state when you have to play a young kid who is raw over a vet. Its sad when you consider that we "need" to play him to see if the investment is worthwhile. Its sad that we may have to considered that all of the 3 will be gone after 1 more season.

I disagree that all 3 will be gone.
No one can predict the future...

but in response to your prediction..
I'll predict...

Once the CBA is signed, we trade Orton for 2012 picks...
Tebow will have a great sophmore season.. make huge strides..
and in 2012, the Broncos will be very competitive..
and Tim will lead us to the playoffs.

Quinn will most likely be Tim's back up....

My scenario is as possible as yours.

Krugan
02-26-2011, 01:05 PM
I disagree that all 3 will be gone.
No one can predict the future...

but in response to your prediction..
I'll predict...

Once the CBA is signed, we trade Orton for 2012 picks...
Tebow will have a great sophmore season.. make huge strides..
and in 2012, the Broncos will be very competitive..
and Tim will lead us to the playoffs.

Quinn will most likely be Tim's back up....

My scenario is as possible as yours.

I didnt predict anything, try that again.

All I am saying is that, you yourself have stated that TT could be traded in a year if he cant get the job done.

I havent predicted anything since I attempted to do pickem here.

I wont make any claims i know anything about what will happen, but its not along shot to see us with a whole new set of QB's within 2 years. By your own words.

Lonestar
02-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56

I've been thinking that with the demise of a lot of newspapers that there are a lot of "reporters" out there with time on their hands.
What they used to do for their papers create controversy for selling ad space had now converted to blogs and getting some ad money for themselves.. Because of the hits they get.

once a ferret always a ferret.

TXBRONC
02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm not Xs and Os like some of you on this board. But I saw enough promise and potential in TT the last three games last season that I want to see more. We've seen all we are going to see with Orton but definitely not TT. The coaching staff needs to work the midnight shift with TT then let the boy play.

I no doubt that if they can avoid a lengthy lockout they will be working overtime to get him ready to play.

PAINTERDAVE
02-26-2011, 01:45 PM

Frankly, im not happy with any of the bunch, but this is what we have....

Its sad that we may have to considered that all of the 3 will be gone after 1 more season.

I guess prediction is not the exact right word...
but I still disagree with your scenario... whatever you call it...
about all 3 QB's being gone in a year.

I am on record.. will go on record now..

I think Tebow will become a very good QB for the Denver Broncos.

I have no idea how "GREAT" he may become...
and I allow for the posibility that he could crap out...
but I doubt that will happen.

He may never be a Favre or Manning..
but I expect him to be much better than Trent Dilfer or Doug Williams..
two QB's who led their teams to Super Bowl victories.

I expect Tebow to become a QB unlike any others...
one who defies a simplistic comparison to other QB's.

At the very least...

I certainly believe that Tebow is as capable of leading the 2011 Broncos
to as many wins as Orton could.

Krugan
02-26-2011, 02:06 PM
All of this still doesnt answer why the Broncos have to come out and hold tebows hand.

he has support, they hired him and are paying him. Thats support.

do they need to come out and say he is better then sliced bread too?

PAINTERDAVE
02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
All of this still doesnt answer why the Broncos have to come out and hold tebows hand.

Yeah.. you are correct there.
And deal is... they DONT have to hold his hand...
Tim is a force unto himself. He WANTS to compete for the job..
and I bet he WILL earn it.
He has consistantly risen to this type of challenge every time confronted.

The FO and Coach are certainly NOT handling him with kid gloves...
though the same can not be said about their posturing around Orton's future.

Az Snake
02-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Hey Dave !

Tim is a force unto himself. He WANTS to compete for the job..and I bet he WILL earn it.

The FO and Coach are certainly NOT handling him with kid gloves...

though the same can not be said about their posturing around Orton's future.

We want uncertainty to surround still a rookie Tim, we want the FO to say Orton is the starter...

Why do we want this ?

So Denver can get the max possible when Orton gets traded.

Krugan
02-26-2011, 05:18 PM
See, if we can all see this is nothing but Orton fluffing, im pretty sure these highly payed people that are in charge of these other teams also see this is nothing but fluff.

Ortons value is where it is, and most likely will only change by NEED.

Im guessing 4th round unless there is a huge missing piece somewhere.

And maybe im being nice. He was an after thought when we got him...

Skacorica
02-26-2011, 06:13 PM
why in the world would we not FIND out what Tim has got in the tank?

Kyle has no untapped potential... Tim has a TON of untapped potential.
Kyle is on a 4-8 million dollar one year contract... Tim is on a reasonable 4 year contract.

Totally agree with you there -

Orton is a knife, and hes as sharp and effective as he is going to ever be.

Tebow is a gun, still unsighted and unpolished.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight...

dogfish
02-26-2011, 06:19 PM
gun?

tebow is a thousand tons of concrete cyanide motha****in' TNT. . . he's the guns of the navvarone!

:werd:

Thor
02-27-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm just curious. If Tebow were to start all sixteen games this season, what would be considered a success for him. Six wins? Seven? 3500 passing yards? 20+ TDs' and under 10 int? What "if" we go 6-10 but Tebow put us in a position to win 4-5 others. We're talking about a guy who has only had three games of experience and limited reps so, just my opinion, he's most likely to struggle the first half of the season. I'm just curious where you place the bar of success for Tebow for this up coming season. Thank you.

Lonestar
02-27-2011, 04:55 PM
The wins and losses this year will not be directly the QB shoulders.

There are 52 other players on the squad.

" It takes a top 5 offense and defense to win the super bowl"-miley

BroncoStud
02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm just curious. If Tebow were to start all sixteen games this season, what would be considered a success for him. Six wins? Seven? 3500 passing yards? 20+ TDs' and under 10 int? What "if" we go 6-10 but Tebow put us in a position to win 4-5 others. We're talking about a guy who has only had three games of experience and limited reps so, just my opinion, he's most likely to struggle the first half of the season. I'm just curious where you place the bar of success for Tebow for this up coming season. Thank you.

I would say the bar is set to how many games Tebow gives the team the opportunity to win. Orton struggled mightily in that area, football is so much more than padding stats, it's about moving chains and scoring in the redzone.

That is where Tebow needs to be good.

TXBRONC
02-28-2011, 11:12 AM
The wins and losses this year will not be directly the QB shoulders.

There are 52 other players on the squad.

" It takes a top 5 offense and defense to win the super bowl"-miley

If this is true than there shouldn't be any reason to use wins and losses as way of criticizing Cutler. If a person does that it's hypocritical.

TXBRONC
02-28-2011, 11:14 AM

I don't think it'sw holding his hand to say he needs time to develop.

Elevation inc
02-28-2011, 12:21 PM
folks are there doing is keeping Orton's trade value Afloat, half the team is fed up with orton...its not just the fans who are.....if teams knew that tebow was already your given starter why would they give us anything for orton when then know they just have to wait for the cut....no instead you act like he is still the guy so when you do finally trade him a team surrenders a second rd pick.....