PDA

View Full Version : From Gary Miller on Twitter

Denver Native (Carol)
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Some interesting things here:

# Fox just told me he's a "talent" guy. He'll draft best player available regardless of position. about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox on Elway "he's all in. It's not a PR move. He's burning midnight oil and he knows what a football player looks like" about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# "Our goal is to win World Championship" There are 32 teams 0-0. about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox on improving D quickly. GB and Dallas did it. Having 2nd pick doesn't hurt about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox. On Elvis. He's healthy. Will be DE about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox on signing Champ "it was huge, great player and leader" about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox. When you're drafting people, it's all a risk about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox. I have a comfort level using the 4-3. about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox biggest thing is djusting to 4-3. Cupboard isn't bare about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox: you need more than 1 guy to make a real committment to run the ball about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Fox on #2 pick. We'll get hekuva football player about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

http://twitter.com/thegarymiller

Softskull
02-24-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm starting the John Fox fan club. The more the guy talks, the more I like him. Hell, Elway too.

Grover
02-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to warm up to this Elway guy as well. :salute:

topscribe
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to warm up to this Elway guy as well. :salute:

Elway who? :coffee:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Just so everyone knows, Gary Miller is at the Combine, so he is getting this info directly from Fox.

cuzz4169
02-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I like it...I've always been a "talent" guy I 100% agree. Like taking BEST player available.

underrated29
02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
The second to last one Guarantees us a RB. Deangelo, or another FA, or drafting. I like my sleeper Graig cooper. Would like to see him come in.

WARHORSE
02-24-2011, 11:03 PM
I like it...I've always been a "talent" guy I 100% agree. Like taking BEST player available.

Best available player........Hmm.

Does AJ Green warrant a look then?

My thought is we will draft Robert Quinn or Fairley.

IF that is, we draft at number 2.

IF we move down..........then we'll still get a great player, as long as we draft top seven.

cuzz4169
02-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Best available player........Hmm.

Does AJ Green warrant a look then?

My thought is we will draft Robert Quinn or Fairley.

IF that is, we draft at number 2.

IF we move down..........then we'll still get a great player, as long as we draft top seven.

Not sure if you think best available just defense. If its offense and defense I think AJ Green is best player in draft. IMO he's Calvin Johnson.

BeefStew25
02-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I DO NOT like Gary Miller as our GM.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 03:07 AM
I hope he can back up all his talk. He only had 3 winning seasons with Carolina... I know, I know - NONE of it any fault of his own...

Whatever, I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances with Fox. I hope his second stint is the one that covets Super Bowls.

SonoftheSouth
02-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Taking the best player available worked well in the 70's for Chuck Noll and Tom Landry; in the 80's for Bill Walsh; in the 90's for Jimmy Johnson and Dan Reeves, and then the tide sort of turned in the 2000's with mixed results from various picks. I personally like the idea!

Traveler
02-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Taking the best player available worked well in the 70's for Chuck Noll and Tom Landry; in the 80's for Bill Walsh; in the 90's for Jimmy Johnson and Dan Reeves, and then the tide sort of turned in the 2000's with mixed results from various picks. I personally like the idea!

Sorry SOS- Dan reeves shouldn't even be mentioned if you are referring to his tenure with the Broncos. Dude selected for need and missed quite often. Especially in the first two rounds. Forced way too many bad selections drafting for need.

With the exception of Dennis Smith, Atwater, and possibly Steve Sewell, Reeves' drafts were some of the worst in franchise history.

Alton Montgomery, Gerald Willhite, Ted Gregory, Freddie Gilbert, Tommy Maddox, Orlando McDaniel, Jeroy Robinson, Reggie Johnson, etc., all first or second round selections that failed miserably or never even played.

That's why I'm such a big proponent for drafting the BPA, regardless of position. Less mistakes made and better for a franchise long term.

Music to my ears learning John Fox belives in this philosophy.

Lonestar
02-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I believe BPA is something you can do when 90% of your needs are filled.
Like when mikey drafted Wilson we really did not need him as our LB core was damned good already.
But since then well not many day one hits if any besides Clady who was a position of need.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

The Glue Factory
02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
BPA is something you do to ensure the long term viability of competitiveness of a team, REGARDLESS of how many needs there are. Granted it's going to take a while to get the needs filled, but it's going to take a while no matter what.

Shanahan left us in a deep talent deficit on the team which McDaniels only magnified. At this point we have so much deficient talent on the team that drafting BPA is more likely than not going to fill a need we have.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-25-2011, 02:03 PM
John Fox, Brian Xanders and John Elway did an excellent job representing Broncos with media appearances at Combine.

http://twitter.com/psmyth12/statuses/41210634213408768

Denver Native (Carol)
02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
# Gloom and doom on NFL labor front. Talks going nowhere. Hardly a surprise, but any optimism was clearly premature. 19 minutes ago via web

# Of course, Xanders spoke same day as Elway so it's hard to give him his due on TV. 21 minutes ago via web

# Broncos G.M. Brian Xanders did a good job meeting the media Friday . Getting more comfortable and doing good job representing organization. 22 minutes ago via web

# Did 1 on 1 interview with John Elway at the combine. Tebow, Orton, what he looks for in a player, all coming up on CBS4 at 5, 6 and 10. about 1 hour ago via web

http://twitter.com/thegarymiller