PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat the Bucs?

Denver27og
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
UH OH... another power run game coming to town... i wil be very ashamed if we let BRIAN GRIESE come to town and beat us... i know our team will be hyped after losing to the queefs but im kinda worried about this one... Earnest Graham?? oh mannnn... hopefully Pittman can give us alot of the bucs inside info and we take them at home... and does anyone know why robertson was deactivated last game?? could of been a reason why they ran for 200 plus

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
YES they can beat the Bucs. It won't be easy but they can. Hopefully this uppercut to the face wakes the team up and they actually prepare this week.

MOtorboat
09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
No way we can beat the bucs, its a complete impossibility.

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 06:48 PM
No way we can beat the bucs, its a complete impossibility.

You are joking right.

MOtorboat
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
You are joking right.

Yeah...I probably should have put a smiley at the end...

:rolleyes:

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah...I probably should have put a smiley at the end...

Dude you have to forgive me. I come from the OrangeMane. Your comment is probably being repeated 30 times today and people mean it.

Thats why I asked, no need to roll your eyes! :D

MOtorboat
09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Dude you have to forgive me. I come from the OrangeMane. Your comment is probably being repeated 30 times today and people mean it.

Thats why I asked, no need to roll your eyes! :D

People actually think we don't have a chance?

Am I worried, yes, but its the same rational worries I've had all year about this defense. Sure, the fan in me thinks we can go 13-3, Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Kansas City Al Saunders version, but reality sets in...

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't know I haven't been over there. The Mane might be great for solid football talk when you get the right people posting but they are horrid in that they overreact to losses.

Never mind a good win there usually is some complaint regardless. But a loss and all hell breaks lose over there. I avoid the place like the plague after losses. Right now I can't go over there and I am glad.

shank
09-29-2008, 06:56 PM
i hope the loss lights a fire under our players.

if our offense plays their a game and our defense accomplishes even mediocrity, i think we can beat anyone in the the league.

JONtheBRONCO
09-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes. And we will.

Sincerely,
JONtheOPTIMISTIC

jrelway
09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
im not saying nothin this week. i gloated to my friends before the chiefs game and look what happened. feels like i angered the football gods and they punished me.

shank
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
im not saying nothin this week. i gloated to my friends before the chiefs game and look what happened. feels like i angered the football gods and they punished me.

i feel like i might have told someone, "if we don't put up 50, i will be really disappointed."

jrelway
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
i feel like i might have told someone, "if we don't put up 50, i will be really disappointed."

dont do it again bro. they look down upon us with their arms crossed waitin for us to talk smack.

SR
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM

That's the boat I'm in. I'm not saying shit all week. Just hoping.

Coast Guard
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
This game will determine how the rest of our season goes.

slim
09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
No...we should probably just forfeit.

Buff
09-29-2008, 08:07 PM
I expect us to run the ball more against the Bucs because they run so much Cover 2, and because our gameplan has been so one dimensional over the last couple games. We've basically had a 2:1 pass ratio, which is ok some of the time, but we've got to establish the running game at some point or defenses will just follow the Chiefs lead (Double Brandon, pressure Jay, dare us to run the ball). Our best defense against Tampa will be a sustained offense. Gruden's gonna find some points, and lord knows we're gonna give up some points... I expect another high scoring game.

DenverBronkHoes
09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
we should......

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 10:19 PM
with out reading any post here so far I have to say..

If:

Jay gets his head on straight..
the weather is decent for passing..
he does not stare down the WR of choice..
we get more than 80 yards on the ground..

the defense suits up..
stops the endless 3rd and longs..
keeps Greasy to under 300 yards..
we get THE sack of the year this week..
we can hold their running game to under 200 yards..

the we have a chance..

DenverBronkHoes
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
with out reading any post here so far I have to say..

If:

Jay gets his head on straight..
the weather is decent for passing..
he does not stare down the WR of choice..
we get more than 80 yards on the ground..

the defense suits up..
stops the endless 3rd and longs..
keeps Greasy to under 300 yards..
we get THE sack of the year this week..
we can hold their running game to under 200 yards..

the we have a chance..

under 200? Larry Johnson had under 200....

Graham needs to stay under 125 and well have a chance to win

Ziggy
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
This is a very winnable game. The offense will have to play lights out, but that's going to be the case all season long.

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 10:27 PM
This is a very winnable game. The offense will have to play lights out, but that's going to be the case all season long.

and considering all the newbies on the team what are those odds?

We can win them all if all the moons line up just right and the weather is perfect all year..

With two rookie OT's and the other rookies that rookie wall is coming sooner than we think.. Still waiting for the sophomore slump to end for last years draftees..

Denver27og
09-29-2008, 10:31 PM
i feel bad for ronde barber... gonna be a longggg day

G_Money
09-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Of course we can beat them. Our offense will have to do the lion's share of the work, but Tampa Bay will have to play well on O to beat us.

KC didn't do anything special to beat us - we just gave up the ball. If TB plays sloppy, they'll lose.

If our offense can put the pressure on, anything can happen. We didn't suddenly become a 5-11 team last week. We laid an egg. It was bound to happen.

And our defense will be a concern in every game going forward...but they don't make us lose every game. The other team still needs TDs, because we SHOULD be scoring them in bunches on days we're not giving up 4 turnovers.

~G

DenverBronkHoes
09-29-2008, 10:39 PM
G-money's posts nourish threads

jlarsiii
09-29-2008, 10:49 PM
I agree with G. I think we all got a glimpse of what games will be like if we turn the ball over 4 or more times in a game. As everyone knows at this point we do not have the defense to withstand that kind of pressure from constant turnovers. Even until late in that game I thought we were going to win, but our offense never clicked and the defense totally buckled.

The previous two games I thought we were just a little "lucky" in those wins. Yesterday I felt like we gave that game away. You take away all of the turnovers, the points they scored off of the turnovers, and turn any of the FGs we settled for into TDs and we win with ease I think. You have to admit that as a whole our team played horribly yesterday.

We can win versus the Bucs, but it won't happen if we play like we did yesterday. ;)

honz
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
We probably won't win a game the rest of the season.

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 11:30 PM
I expect us to run the ball more against the Bucs because they run so much Cover 2, and because our gameplan has been so one dimensional over the last couple games. We've basically had a 2:1 pass ratio, which is ok some of the time, but we've got to establish the running game at some point or defenses will just follow the Chiefs lead (Double Brandon, pressure Jay, dare us to run the ball). Our best defense against Tampa will be a sustained offense. Gruden's gonna find some points, and lord knows we're gonna give up some points... I expect another high scoring game.

Chiefs also played a cover 2 defense. That wasn't very pretty for us and that was the Chiefs. One thing about the Bucs is they play a power football game. They bring it to you on the defense and they like to run the ball if they can get it established early. This won't be easy, but we should find a way to win at home. I'm hoping the Hochuli crew is doing this one Sunday.

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 11:30 PM
We probably won't win a game the rest of the season.

Lovin the reverse psychology! :beer:

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Of course we can beat them. Our offense will have to do the lion's share of the work, but Tampa Bay will have to play well on O to beat us.

KC didn't do anything special to beat us - we just gave up the ball. If TB plays sloppy, they'll lose.

If our offense can put the pressure on, anything can happen. We didn't suddenly become a 5-11 team last week. We laid an egg. It was bound to happen.

And our defense will be a concern in every game going forward...but they don't make us lose every game. The other team still needs TDs, because we SHOULD be scoring them in bunches on days we're not giving up 4 turnovers.

~G

198 yards from LJ and 2 TD's isn't anything special. Throw in a journeyman QB who completed 21 of 28 and that was special enough. We gave up the ball, true, but they converted off the turnovers. It may not be anything special. But, you don't need to do anything special to win football games. You just have to execute. The Chiefs did just that.

G_Money
09-29-2008, 11:57 PM
198 yards from LJ and 2 TD's isn't anything special. Throw in a journeyman QB who completed 21 of 28 and that was special enough. We gave up the ball, true, but they converted off the turnovers. It may not be anything special. But, you don't need to do anything special to win football games. You just have to execute. The Chiefs did just that.

Without our help the Chiefs lose that game by a lot. They were kicking a lot of field goals, IIRC. We should be scoring TDs.

They did their part and we did ours to help them win.

If our O doesn't lay a huge egg we'll be harder to beat. Our defense will keep any team in the league in the game... :tsk: but if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot offensively then the pressure should be on them to keep up.

Our D can't apply any pressure, so it has to be in the O's bag of tricks, but it IS something we can do.

It just doesn't make for warm feelings when we're up by 3 touchdowns and still KNOW it's gonna turn into a nailbiter. :coffee:

~G

Bronco9798
09-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Without our help the Chiefs lose that game by a lot. They were kicking a lot of field goals, IIRC. We should be scoring TDs.

They did their part and we did ours to help them win.

If our O doesn't lay a huge egg we'll be harder to beat. Our defense will keep any team in the league in the game... :tsk: but if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot offensively then the pressure should be on them to keep up.

Our D can't apply any pressure, so it has to be in the O's bag of tricks, but it IS something we can do.

It just doesn't make for warm feelings when we're up by 3 touchdowns and still KNOW it's gonna turn into a nailbiter. :coffee:

~G

Why make excuses? They stripped the ball on those two fumbles and played an aggressive defense all day. They were ready to play football, we weren't. We didn't give them anything, they took it to us, from us, and beat us. We had opportunities and they beat us, period. They had a great game plan and beat us, I'm tired of hearing excuses. We just simply got beat.

You can use the old cliche, "We beat ourselves" for any team that loses on Sundays. The other team usually forces you to beat yourselves by playing better and forcing you to make mistakes. That's what happened for the most part with the Chiefs. They just simply out played us.

It's just like with the Cutler's interceptions. Derrick Johnson made a great play on that 1st pick. He leaned into the throwing lane and snagged the ball. It was just a great play. The second pick was just Jay being frustrated and trying to make something.

Anyway, time to move on from this game. I understand what you're saying. Fans always use that excuse when their teams get beat. Other teams are suppose to make you beat yourself by playing and executing their game plan. It happens every Sunday. It worked against us Sunday.

Northman
09-30-2008, 06:09 AM
Can we beat the Bucs?

Not playing the 3-4 defense. You think it was bad losing to the Chiefs? Wait until we lose to Brian Griese. I didnt even catch the game this weekend but i heard we were still playing the 3-4 (against LJ no less) and Slowik and company want to know why we are having problems on defense? Denver needs to blitz with some creative schemes for the rest of the year and keep a 4 man rush if they want to stand a chance at winning any more games or a shot at the playoffs. I dont know why it is that many people on these bronco boards can see what needs to be done yet "supposed" professional coaches do not see what needs to be done. Its not rocket science, its football.

Bronco9798
09-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Key stat: The Bucs are scoring 25.2 points per game. The Broncos are giving up 29.2, next to last in the league.

FYI: Tampa Bay running back Earnest Graham is having a breakout season. He already has recorded runs of 68, 47 and 46 yards. His longest run of the 2007 season was 28 yards.

Nomad
09-30-2008, 06:48 AM
In a nailbiter, which I see all the BRONCOS games to be! Maybe the Raiders game was a fluke!

Northman
09-30-2008, 07:07 AM
In a nailbiter, which I see all the BRONCOS games to be! Maybe the Raiders game was a fluke!

Not so much as a fluke but the Raiders didnt help themselves at all in that game with penalties and turnovers.

LRtagger
09-30-2008, 08:22 AM
if we don't have at least 2 INTs against Greise I will be 100% convinced that Slowik needs to go.

MasterShake
09-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Not so much as a fluke but the Raiders didnt help themselves at all in that game with penalties and turnovers.

They may have taken out the Chargers if they didn't have over 50 yards of penalties. :tsk: KC had 10 points off turnovers, and a late TD off a defense that had folded at the end. Here are my two scenarios:

1. Orange Glasses Scenario- Broncos score a TD on the opening drive to set a early tone. Griese freaks out and throws 3 picks (again!) and we capitalize on them all. 41-6 blowout. Broncos are back.

2. What I'd like to see in reality- The D starts blitzing more than 3 or 4 and lets our secondary have a chance to make some PLAYS. If we get beat while blitzing, blitz again. We will get them eventually. Slow methodical drives from us on offense to take the air out of the Bucs. Why not start the game with a two minute drill in the thin air to remind them this is not sea level? Broncos win a BALANCED GAME 24-10 with a late trash time TD by the Bucs.

Thnikkaman
09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
This game will determine how the rest of our season goes.

You can say this about every game until we are eliminated from the post season, weather that is week 10 or the AFC Championship game.

Lonestar
09-30-2008, 11:23 AM
if we don't have at least 2 INTs against Greise I will be 100% convinced that Slowik needs to go.

As much as I do not like greasy he is accurate on the short passes.. He is smart and unless we can find some way (which is highly doubtful) to put some heat on him. He is going to have all day to pass, If they even have to attempt passes.. Our Run D is in shambles and the run the ball well..

Tampa perfected the cover two D and they are playing well as we speak.. they have a smart coach that KNOWS mikey and his bag of tricks..

Just skip the game and admit slowdick has to go NOW.

Northman
09-30-2008, 11:43 AM
As much as I do not like greasy he is accurate on the short passes.. He is smart and unless we can find some way (which is highly doubtful) to put some heat on him. He is going to have all day to pass, If they even have to attempt passes.. Our Run D is in shambles and the run the ball well..

Tampa perfected the cover two D and they are playing well as we speak.. they have a smart coach that KNOWS mikey and his bag of tricks..

Just skip the game and admit slowdick has to go NOW.

Not too mention at least 3 'consistently' good TE's to choose from.

Lonestar
09-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Not too mention at least 3 'consistently' good TE's to choose from.

I had not even got that far.. Like I said I used to think that greasy was a damned good QB.. then I saw that his "smarts" alienated him from the rest of the team.. and his arm strength went away after his separated shoulder..

That seems to have been fixed.. He is not a Jay in the velocity area.. but he is smart and if we do not get into his "head" (so far that has not happened this year) it will be a long day for the defense..

and just maybe after they shut down our Running game they can play with Jay head.. Gruden is a smart guy and he knows mikey, he pretty much owned him while he was in OAK..

Should be a great game..

Northman
09-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I had not even got that far.. Like I said I used to think that greasy was a damned good QB.. then I saw that his "smarts" alienated him from the rest of the team.. and his arm strength went away after his separated shoulder..

That seems to have been fixed.. He is not a Jay in the velocity area.. but he is smart and if we do not get into his "head" (so far that has not happened this year) it will be a long day for the defense..

and just maybe after they shut down our Running game they can play with Jay head.. Gruden is a smart guy and he knows mikey, he pretty much owned him while he was in OAK..

Should be a great game..

Definitely, the fact that he can go into a game and have 3 turnovers and yet his defense still keep him in the game has done him wonders. I love Jay but if he and O turn the ball over we will see a repeat of this past week.

LRtagger
09-30-2008, 12:32 PM
All I'm saying is he has 6 INTs in his last two starts. Last season he threw 12 INTs in 7 games. I would think with our corners we should be able to get 2 against him.

Northman
09-30-2008, 12:35 PM
All I'm saying is he has 6 INTs in his last two starts. Last season he threw 12 INTs in 7 games. I would think with our corners we should be able to get 2 against him.

You would think but at the same time he has faced much better OVERALL defenses than what he will face with us. I mean, he was making bad decisions with far more pressure up front than he is going to get with us and yet he and his team still came out on top. Now, if he and Bucs can still win games with good defenses it doesnt bold well for us when it comes to making him turn it over. Its not like we are facing Jake Plummer and his left handed passes here.

Sorry, i just had to throw that last line in for JR. :laugh:

underrated29
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
The tampa 2 cover 2 is an easy scheme for us to beat. It really just comes down to timing. If Jay and co can get quick passes and get their timing where the ball is there right as he breaks, we can easily pick apart this defense. Easily.

Also our speedy wr can expose the tampa scheme on quick plays and crossings. Sooner or later tampa will then start to man up and thats when we can strike. Get single coverage on brandon or eddie and take them deep.

To beat their defense you just take em with small chunks at a time. 5 yard cross. quick out for 4-5. Power iso run. Screen, te post for 10, quick hitch and try to YAC---plays like that really chew up the defense and tire them out.

Add some runs to get the safety in the box and then we all out assualt on a PA deep, id say two streakers.

I am no coach, but thats how i would play it. Tampa is going to run on us, but i dont see much else. If/when they get in the redzone we should be able to hold them to FG, as long as we force them to try to pass it in.

Northman
09-30-2008, 12:49 PM
The tampa 2 cover 2 is an easy scheme for us to beat. It really just comes down to timing. If Jay and co can get quick passes and get their timing where the ball is there right as he breaks, we can easily pick apart this defense. Easily.

Also our speedy wr can expose the tampa scheme on quick plays and crossings. Sooner or later tampa will then start to man up and thats when we can strike. Get single coverage on brandon or eddie and take them deep.

To beat their defense you just take em with small chunks at a time. 5 yard cross. quick out for 4-5. Power iso run. Screen, te post for 10, quick hitch and try to YAC---plays like that really chew up the defense and tire them out.

Add some runs to get the safety in the box and then we all out assualt on a PA deep, id say two streakers.

I am no coach, but thats how i would play it. Tampa is going to run on us, but i dont see much else. If/when they get in the redzone we should be able to hold them to FG, as long as we force them to try to pass it in.

The only bad part of that is them running on us. They will consume the clock and if we have ANY 3 and outs we will fall behind like we did against Jax a year or so ago. Which means we would have to play catchup like last week and our team right now is much better when we have leads. If its true like you say that we will have to start with short routes to open up the post patterns i dont think we will win that game. Unless of course by some miracle our defense finds a way to get pressure and force them to punt or turn it over. Not too mention, Gruden knows us and is going to use the same plan that KC had last week.

Denver27og
09-30-2008, 01:29 PM
we will win this game... yea they have tough D... good run game... but 2 words... BRIAN GRIESE.. that mudda ****** better not beat us

WhatEver!!!
09-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Yes we can if we start to play Bronco football again. I wished for a passing team and I guess I got it but come on now :tsk:. Throw some runs into the scheme :lol: pun intended

Our defense should line up line like (I want to say) the Steelers. 7-8 man frontline. Pull some back to cover. Who pulls back; that is the secret for the other team to findout. Blitz --> do the Broncos know what that is??? 3 times last game; give or take one. That is sad-- our DL sucks but we do not send anyone up there to help them:banghead:

Lonestar
09-30-2008, 03:57 PM

that is if we can get someone in his face do you really think we can? Sp far this year it has not happened..

56crash
09-30-2008, 04:05 PM
If our CB's play 10YD's off the ball TB will kill us

SmilinAssasSin27
09-30-2008, 04:07 PM
ummm...yes. Graham is no LJ and Griese has tossed plenty of INTs to go with his yardage. Dunno if any of you watched the TB/GB game, but TB got kinda lucky. 1 of Rodgers' INTs was a dropped ball in the flat where the RB tipped it into the air and the other was on a missed assignment on the OL where Rodgers got blindsided.

Lonestar
09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
If our CB's play 10YD's off the ball TB will kill us

greasy will kill us with the quick slants if they do not play them tight..

LRtagger
09-30-2008, 04:20 PM
that is if we can get someone in his face do you really think we can? Sp far this year it has not happened..

Thats what I mean. Slowdick should be able to watch film and figure out that Greise cracks under pressure. We should be pulling out all the stops to get pressure on him.

Blitz 8 and let champ and dre play bump at the line. Who cares if we give up one or two deep balls, we have been giving those up anyways with a 3 man front and 8 in coverage. Might at least try and cause some chaos instead of bending over and taking it in the rear like we have the past 3 weeks.

It worked against Favre last year, except back then our offense was a roller coaster from week to week. This year I am confident we can win if we can keep opponents under 20 points. Who cares if we give up 2 deep ball TDs if those are the only times they score and we can force some TO's.

Bronco9798
09-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Thats what I mean. Slowdick should be able to watch film and figure out that Greise cracks under pressure. We should be pulling out all the stops to get pressure on him.

Blitz 8 and let champ and dre play bump at the line. Who cares if we give up one or two deep balls, we have been giving those up anyways with a 3 man front and 8 in coverage. Might at least try and cause some chaos instead of bending over and taking it in the rear like we have the past 3 weeks.

It worked against Favre last year, except back then our offense was a roller coaster from week to week. This year I am confident we can win if we can keep opponents under 20 points. Who cares if we give up 2 deep ball TDs if those are the only times they score and we can force some TO's.

Champ and Dre aren't going to play bump and run. Get used to it. Champ has said before he prefers to play off his man and re-act instead of playing tight at the LOS. We've been through this discussion before on these boards.

Lonestar
09-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Champ and Dre aren't going to play bump and run. Get used to it. Champ has said before he prefers to play off his man and re-act instead of playing tight at the LOS. We've been through this discussion before on these boards.

and it is clear that what Champ wants to do is not working.. so what do we do continue with failed plans or start from scratch and see if something else does not work better..

DenverBronkHoes
09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
doesnt slowik and all our other DC's have to basically run everything thru shanny?

firing slowik will not make the defense better.... that petition ghey

LRtagger
10-01-2008, 08:38 AM

Well then Champ and Dre better get used to getting shredded because with our front 4 and lame blitz packages they will be giving up chunks of yards at a time to even the worst QBs in the league.

I could really give two shits what Champ wants. He needs to adjust his play to fit the team if it will make us better. Obviously what we are doing now is not working.

We have one INT all season and it was on that fluke play in SD where the replay equipment didnt work. QB's are completing 75% of their passes against us this year (98/135). If we cant get pressure on the QB, the next best bet is to put pressure on the WRs. I don't care how godly Champ is in Denver, he needs to realize that this team isnt going anywhere unless we put pressure on opposing offenses one way or another.

LRtagger
10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
doesnt slowik and all our other DC's have to basically run everything thru shanny?

firing slowik will not make the defense better.... that petition ghey

Then start a fire Shanny petition if you think Slowdick is the answer for this piss-poor defense.

Slowik comes up with the schemes and calls the plays. Shanny just approves or disapproves, but Shanny apparently knows very little about how to run a defense so that point is invalid anyways.

As much as I would love to get some better talent on this D, the fact is our talent is not 29th in the league. If Shanny wants to win this year he needs to change something on D, but I'm afraid that he has no clue what to do.

Look at Slowik's track record. He has never coached a defense that has not been at the bottom of the league. NEVER.

hamrob
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
I think the real key to this game is to slow down Brian Griese!

That's right...he's the key to the Bucs winning this game. He's a dink and dunk QB (as we know) which is excactly the recipe for beating the Broncos. Why...because we have no (with the exception of Bailey) playmakers on defense. Therefore, all a QB has to do...is put the ball in front of his receiver and they'll catch the ball 9 out of 10 times.

Can we get to Greise and force him into making poor decisions? Can our CB's and LB's actually make plays on the ball?

I really think the above point has been lost in all the overall disdain for the dline. I mean, watch any good defense and you will see...both CB's including Safeties and LB's making plays on the ball. Meaning...they are going to either try to pick it off or knock it down. Our guys...to a "T" fail miserably at this fundamental. I have yet to see anyone other than Bailey...go for the flippen football instead of positioning themselves to make a tackle.

Is that Slowiks doing?

WARHORSE
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Well then Champ and Dre better get used to getting shredded because with our front 4 and lame blitz packages they will be giving up chunks of yards at a time to even the worst QBs in the league.

I could really give two shits what Champ wants. He needs to adjust his play to fit the team if it will make us better. Obviously what we are doing now is not working.

We have one INT all season and it was on that fluke play in SD where the replay equipment didnt work. QB's are completing 75% of their passes against us this year (98/135). If we cant get pressure on the QB, the next best bet is to put pressure on the WRs. I don't care how godly Champ is in Denver, he needs to realize that this team isnt going anywhere unless we put pressure on opposing offenses one way or another.

No pressure on the QB, it wont matter what Champ plays period.

LRtagger
10-01-2008, 01:51 PM
No pressure on the QB, it wont matter what Champ plays period.

What makes you so sure? The whole point of bumping at the line is to try to create disruption between the QB and WR. Obviously the fact that we have ONE int in 4 games, but our CB may lead the league in tackles by the end of the year is not a good sign. We can't replace the entire defensive line and Slowik's blitzes are not working. Surely your solution isn't the stick with it attitude..."we will get better with time".

We need to try something different and I think creating some disruption at the WR position could work since we cant seem to disrupt any QBs. Whats the worst that can happen...we give up 30 points and 400 passing yards? :confused:

MasterShake
10-01-2008, 03:18 PM
What makes you so sure? The whole point of bumping at the line is to try to create disruption between the QB and WR. Obviously the fact that we have ONE int in 4 games, but our CB may lead the league in tackles by the end of the year is not a good sign. We can't replace the entire defensive line and Slowik's blitzes are not working. Surely your solution isn't the stick with it attitude..."we will get better with time".

We need to try something different and I think creating some disruption at the WR position could work since we cant seem to disrupt any QBs. Whats the worst that can happen...we give up 30 points and 400 passing yards? :confused:

I agree. Remember when we blitzed 11 or some crazy thing like that against Philly to start the game a few years back? It threw off the McNabb to Owens connection the whole game. We won a lot of games we probably shouldn't have with Plummer at the helm because our defense was disrupting and causing turnovers. Then in the Pittsburgh AFC champ game, we backed off because we got beat a few times deep. Screw this, I want the old blitz packages back. When a QB BARELY gets off a throw, he still BARELY gets it off. Maybe next time you'll ram his sorry ass into the turf. You won't know unless you try!

Ziggy
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Does anyone really thing that this BS 3 man pass rush is working? That's a joke. If you're giving up 30 points a game, you might as well go high risk, high reward. All the defense is doing on the field so far this season is using up oxygen.

BCJ
10-02-2008, 02:24 AM
Can we beat TB? Nope. Griese is an absolute stud. He just is misunderstood. We cant score anymore, our defense is the worst in NFL history and Shanahan has lost it. We will not win one more game all year. This is the word. Praise be to God.

Nomad
10-02-2008, 06:52 AM
I think the real key to this game is to slow down Brian Griese!
That's right...he's the key to the Bucs winning this game. He's a dink and dunk QB (as we know) which is excactly the recipe for beating the Broncos. Why...because we have no (with the exception of Bailey) playmakers on defense. Therefore, all a QB has to do...is put the ball in front of his receiver and they'll catch the ball 9 out of 10 times.

Can we get to Greise and force him into making poor decisions? Can our CB's and LB's actually make plays on the ball?

I really think the above point has been lost in all the overall disdain for the dline. I mean, watch any good defense and you will see...both CB's including Safeties and LB's making plays on the ball. Meaning...they are going to either try to pick it off or knock it down. Our guys...to a "T" fail miserably at this fundamental. I have yet to see anyone other than Bailey...go for the flippen football instead of positioning themselves to make a tackle.

Is that Slowiks doing?

I haven't watched a single Bucs game in years! If Griese is as good as you all advertised and the Bucs have a decent pass protection(which Denver has no pass rush), then this game will be the same as the others.

It's all Paymah's fault remember!!!!;)

MasterShake
10-02-2008, 07:36 AM
I haven't watched a single Bucs game in years! If Griese is as good as you all advertised and the Bucs have a decent pass protection(which Denver has no pass rush), then this game will be the same as the others.

It's all Paymah's fault remember!!!!;)

Griese is a notorious Horizontal passer. Our Linebackers are fast enough to help in coverage on stuff like this. I hope....

Bronco9798
10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Until the game starts, there's no way to even break this game down. We let Huard go 21-28 and 1 TD. This defense can make any bad or average QB look better than they really are. I have no clue what to think yet. It will develop quickly though come Sunday after the kickoff. You tend to think there's no way Griese can beat you at home and then he throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's. Huard is one the most slow-footed QB's in the league and he had all day to throw and managed the game like an all-pro. Until there is some pass rush generated it's hard to believe that we're going to get any come Sunday. Just have to wait and see.

Bronco9798
10-02-2008, 09:24 AM
I can't even name a Receiver on the Bucs sitting here. Just hope we don't hear how great they are, or how great we made them, come Sunday night/Monday morning.

LRtagger
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Antonio Bryant?
Ike Hilliard?
Joey Galloway?
Mike Clayton?

Not to mention they will have Warrick Dunn underneath who could destroy us like Sproles did.

And Dexter Jackson is a dangerous rookie returnman.

This game has trouble written all over it if we cant disrupt Greise in some fashion.

Denver27og
10-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I agree. Remember when we blitzed 11 or some crazy thing like that against Philly to start the game a few years back? It threw off the McNabb to Owens connection the whole game. We won a lot of games we probably shouldn't have with Plummer at the helm because our defense was disrupting and causing turnovers. Then in the Pittsburgh AFC champ game, we backed off because we got beat a few times deep. Screw this, I want the old blitz packages back. When a QB BARELY gets off a throw, he still BARELY gets it off. Maybe next time you'll ram his sorry ass into the turf. You won't know unless you try!

I do remember that first play.... i think we blitzed 9... we need some more creative blitz packages..

omac
10-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I do remember that first play.... i think we blitzed 9... we need some more creative blitz packages..

Slowik will show his true genius and blitz all 11. :cool:

Nomad
10-04-2008, 07:51 AM
BRONCOS 31
Bucs 30

Bronco9798
10-04-2008, 07:58 AM
BRONCOS 31
Bucs 30

Just what I need, another stressful Sunday. I really need a blowout at some point of the season. :D

nevcraw
10-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Just what I need, another stressful Sunday. I really need a blowout at some point of the season. :D

Hope you TIVO'd the Raider game.. :D

Ziggy
10-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Warrick Dunn is the one that actually worries me the most. The little quick guys catching passes over the middle always seem to have big days against us. Still, Denver wins at the end of the day.

Denver- 42
TB- 34

Nomad
10-04-2008, 09:18 AM

Until the defense shows up, take your blood pressure medicine!:D Offense will have their off-days like last week, but that's inexcusable as well!

Broncolingus
10-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I agree with most...with the defense and Denver still not having anything on the defensive line, I think ANY game is a toss-up at this point.

I'm sure the defense will have 'occational' games where they play well, get pressure, stop the run, but until I see it on a CONSISTENT basis, I don't see Denver as anything more than a ~.500 team and one that - if by some stroke of luck actually makes the playoffs - will get killed in a first round wild-card game (for those who don't agree, remember the Indy playoff years where it was the same thing).

This team needs a COMPLETE overhaul on the defensive line, and maybe LBs now too, and that isn't going to be something that's fixed this year or likely next.

Can we beat the Bucs, sure...

Will we?

Let's wait to see if the 4-6 defensive linemen for the Bronco's decide to man-up and take it to the other team for a change, or continue to be *****'s and get slapped around like little beeotches...

Denver27og
10-10-2008, 05:26 PM
BIGGUPS TO CHAMP for knocking griese out!!!!

ApaOps5
10-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Well the answer is YES