PDA

View Full Version : Orton named starter for right now

Pages : [1] 2

Juriga72
02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Per ESPN radio here "John Fox has announced that Kyle Orton will be the Denver Bronco starter in 2011"!!!!!!!!

THATS what we get for hiring a guy with a worse record than McDummy.....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/broncos-coach-john-fox-kyle-ortons-our-starter/1

BroncoWave
02-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Wow, take quotes completely out of context much? He said he is the starter RIGHT NOW, not for the season.

Dzone
02-24-2011, 11:41 AM
OMG...thats disgusting. This is really a disappointment

Lets hope its a ruse to increase Ortons draft stock. If not, then you suck Fox. LOL

BroncoWave
02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
"Right now, Kyle Orton is our starter." -- John Fox

"Fox did add, however, that he didn't know who would ultimately be the starter until "they start competing." Fox puts Brady Quinn in the mix."

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

Actually figure out what the context is before you go spewing false crap.

BroncoWave
02-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Can a mod please edit this misleading thread title?

LordTrychon
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Per ESPN radio here "John Fox has announced that Kyle Orton will be the Denver Bronco starter in 2011"!!!!!!!!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/broncos-coach-john-fox-kyle-ortons-our-starter/1

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Wow, take quotes completely out of context much? He said he is the starter RIGHT NOW, not for the season.

Exactly - from article:

"I don't think we'll really figure it out until we start competing," Fox said, before adding, "Kyle Orton's our starter."

What is he suppose to say at this time - Tebow will be our starter - we are going to trade Orton.

Geez people, sometimes what is said at a particular time, is nothing more than being "politically correct".

Even is Orton is not traded, there will be competition in training camp - whenever that might be. And if the season is shortened, very little or no training camp, do they not have to hold onto Orton, at least for this coming season?

Juriga72
02-24-2011, 11:47 AM

Uh.... being NAMED starter "right now" AFTER being benched is pathetic

Unless you think otherwise

BroncoWave
02-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Uh.... being NAMED starter "right now" AFTER being benched is pathetic

Unless you think otherwise

It's called making his trade value as high as possible. Are you really this dense? Or just naive enough to take everything a coach says at face value?

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 11:51 AM

Why let facts mess up a good thread, BTB?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Juriga72
02-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Exactly - from article:

"I don't think we'll really figure it out until we start competing," Fox said, before adding, "Kyle Orton's our starter."

What is he suppose to say at this time - Tebow will be our starter - we are going to trade Orton.

Geez people, sometimes what is said at a particular time, is nothing more than being "politically correct".

Even is Orton is not traded, their will be competition in training camp - whenever that might be. And if the season is shortened, very little or no training camp, do they not have to hold onto Orton, at least for this coming season?

John Fox says Kyle Orton is Broncos’ starter
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 24, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
In a somewhat surprising statement at the NFL Scouting Combine, Broncos coach John Fox named his starting quarterback: Kyle Orton.

“As far as I’m concerned, he’s under contract and he’s the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos,” Fox said of Orton, according to multiple reporters passing along his comments on Twitter. “Kyle Orton is our starter.”

Next stupid comment from ALL of you please....

underrated29
02-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Its called black hole.

Send this beast down to its lair!

BroncoWave
02-24-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm going to bump this thread and laugh SO HARD after he is traded.

Juriga72
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm going to bump this thread and laugh SO HARD after he is traded.

Uh how about takling back your lies there sparky? How about taking back your little "rush to judgement"??

So now EVERYONE is lying huh....

claymore
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Whatever gives us the best chance at winning.

Juriga72
02-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Why let facts mess up a good thread, BTB?

When did facts matter to you of all people?

GEM
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Title edited.

Personal feeling: Who gives a shit. They can't even practice right now. Get the goat's stock up for when they are allowed to trade. If he starts another Broncos game, I just get to rip out my retinas. No big deal. Let's not go off the deep end.

BroncoWave
02-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Uh how about takling back your lies there sparky? How about taking back your little "rush to judgement"??

So now EVERYONE is lying huh....

Huh? What lie? That he named him the starter RIGHT NOW, and not for the season? The fact that he said he won't know who will star on opening day till after the competition? Where did I lie?

Juriga72
02-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Huh? What lie? That he named him the starter RIGHT NOW, and not for the season? The fact that he said he won't know who will star on opening day till after the competition? Where did I lie?

Uh.... it has been report that YES he's named starter for the YEAR...

Try reading please....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/john-fox-says-kyle-orton-is-broncos-starter/

claymore
02-24-2011, 12:03 PM
For all we know cam Newton will be our staritng QB this year. Cant read into anything that is said right now.

LordTrychon
02-24-2011, 12:03 PM

Try reading please....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/john-fox-says-kyle-orton-is-broncos-starter/

Compare the reports to the actual quotes from Fox. Posted earlier and ignored by you entirely.

GEM
02-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Of course, it’s entirely possible that Fox will feel differently six or seven months from now (or whenever the NFL season starts) than he does at the moment. But as of right now, Fox is saying that Orton, not Tebow, is his guy.

Where in there does that say he is the starter for next year? It eludes that he named right now with no reference to the future.

BroncoWave
02-24-2011, 12:05 PM

Try reading please....

Please see post #4 of this thread for his ACTUAL quotes on the matter, not PFT's interpretation of them.

TXBRONC
02-24-2011, 12:09 PM

It's not really any different than what Elway said a few weeks ago.

KCL
02-24-2011, 12:09 PM
"Right now, Kyle Orton is our starter." -- John Fox

"Fox did add, however, that he didn't know who would ultimately be the starter until "they start competing." Fox puts Brady Quinn in the mix."

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

Actually figure out what the context is before you go spewing false crap.

Consider the thread starter...thanks for the added info.

KCL
02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
John Fox says Kyle Orton is Broncos’ starter
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 24, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
In a somewhat surprising statement at the NFL Scouting Combine, Broncos coach John Fox named his starting quarterback: Kyle Orton.

“As far as I’m concerned, he’s under contract and he’s the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos,” Fox said of Orton, according to multiple reporters passing along his comments on Twitter. “Kyle Orton is our starter.”

Next stupid comment from ALL of you please....

No need to shout.

TXBRONC
02-24-2011, 12:12 PM
For all we know cam Newton will be our staritng QB this year. Cant read into anything that is said right now.

What Fox said left wiggle room for him to change his mind. He didn't say Kyle Orton will definitely be our starter for the 2011 season. It might happen that way but imho it depends on when a new CBA is agreed upon.

NightTrainLayne
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Is it Groundhog Day? Seems like this conversation is awfully familiar. . .

GEM
02-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Alright guys and gals, let's not get out of control here. Keep it to the topic, please.

TXBRONC
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Is it Groundhog Day? Seems like this conversation is awfully familiar. . .

Do you mean like what Elway said just two or three weeks ago?

claymore
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
I got soap in my pee pee today and it stung.

TXBRONC
02-24-2011, 12:23 PM

Soap is for external use only Clay. :coffee: :lol:

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
It's not really any different than what Elway said a few weeks ago.
Sirius NFL, RIGHT NOW. Schein (I abhor)thinks JE is not sold on TT from an earlier interview with him at SB. RGannon thinks Fox might have a pecking order, and asked McCoy which qb played better last year. And that KO, save for a couple games late, had a great year.
Fox will be interviewed at combine, later....hope to catch it.

ikillz0mbies
02-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Fine. John Fox can say that Orton is the starter for the year. Funny thing though, there might not be football this year. So.....joke's on Orton.

TXBRONC
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Sirius NFL, RIGHT NOW. Schein (I abhor)thinks JE is not sold on TT from an earlier interview with him at SB. RGannon thinks Fox might have a pecking order, and asked McCoy which qb played better last year. And that KO, save for a couple games late, had a great year.
Fox will be interviewed at combine, later....hope to catch it.

I think the guy is taking a wild leap into the unknown. Where has Elway given any indication that he's absolute sold on Orton?

KCL
02-24-2011, 12:30 PM

sorry to hear that clay..hope it's okay now.

cuzz4169
02-24-2011, 12:30 PM
So if Orton starts, fox & orton will be booed on every missed pass, every Int, every 3 & out, every non 3rd down conversion, every sack, every non red zone TD. It creates the biggest QB controversy the NFL might have ever seen. Not a good idea for a franchise who is trying to put things back together.

But on another note...why start Orton for 1 yr then let him go in FA? Makes no sense to me. I say let Tebow play this yr, if we see he's not the guy then we go find a QB. We all know Orton is not the future.

Remember this isn't Mcdouches offense not the QB friendly system that made Orton look better than what he really is.

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Might stay away from Soap-on-a-Rope, then.

broncofaninfla
02-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Saying anything otherwise at this point lowers Ortons trade value. If we keep Orton then the competition should make the QB's better but I'd be shocked if Orton won at this point based on how each looked at the end of last season (Orton pre-injury).

TXBRONC
02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
so Orton starts, fox & orton will be booed on every missed pass, every Int, every 3 & out, every non 3rd down conversion, every sack, every non red zone TD. It creates the biggest QB controversy the NFL might have ever seen. Not a good idea for a franchise who is trying to put things back together.

But on another note...why start Orton for 1 yr then let him go in FA? Makes no sense to me. I say let Tebow play this yr, if we see he's not the guy then we go find a QB. We all know Orton is not the future.

Remember this isn't Mcdouches offense not the QB friendly system that made Orton look better than what he really is.

It's not a good idea to read much into what Fox said Cuzz. It sounds to me like Fox is hedging his bets because of the CBA.

TXBRONC
02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Saying that Orton is starter right now isn't the same thing giving him a long term contract.

cuzz4169
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
It's not a good idea to read much into what Fox said Cuzz. It sounds to me like Fox is hedging his bets because of the CBA.

Yea I agree with ya...I really think it's all a smoke screen. Hard to name Tebow starter and then trade Orton for anything good. We know NFL is about deception look at bailey putting house on market...he said it was for leverage.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
INDIANAPOLIS—Denver Broncos coach John Fox declared that veteran Kyle Orton is his starter right now ahead of former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow and former first-round draft pick Brady Quinn.

"I don't think we'll really figure it out until we start competing," Fox said today at the NFL scouting combine. "I think it's a group of three that are very capable. Right now, Kyle Orton is our starter. We've got a very young guy who got his feet wet toward the end of the season. He did an outstanding job. He's got some of those intangibles that you're looking for.

"And, shoot, Brady Quinn, I'm looking forward to seeing him. I watched him play a little bit in Cleveland. We'll see. All three of them, I'm excited about."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110224_john_fox_says_kyle_orton_is_his_starter_r ight_now

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Yea I agree with ya...I really think it's all a smoke screen. Hard to name Tebow starter and then trade Orton for anything good. We know NFL is about deception look at bailey putting house on market...he said it was for leverage.

Bailey actually said that? All I read was he said" it was personal".

topscribe
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Sometimes the best post in a thread is composed of one short line . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Much ado about nothing. What else is he going to say at this time?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Bailey actually said that? All I read was he said" it was personal".

There was some nervousness last week when Bailey let it be known he was putting his Denver-area home on the market. He admitted Tuesday it was all part of a bargaining strategy.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17456917

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Sometimes the best post in a thread is composed of one short line . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----
Even disingenuous ones. ; )

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17456917

Thx carol. I imagine everybody knew it was, but I only read that interview you linked to earlier and he tried to avoid it and said the personal comment.
Hey, whatever it takes, right? Lol

topscribe
02-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Saying anything otherwise at this point lowers Ortons trade value. If we keep Orton then the competition should make the QB's better but I'd be shocked if Orton won at this point based on how each looked at the end of last season (Orton pre-injury).

Well, actually, "pre-injury" would be before the SF game, when Orton's shoulder
was injured. That didn't seem to slow him much, however, since in the next
three games, he threw for 860 yards and 8 TDs vs. 1 INT, and a 105.3 QBR.
That included 3 TDs in the final quarter (that's 3 TDs in 1 quarter) in the STL
game . . . coming back from 24 points down and nearly winning the thing, after
the team's two fumbles in the first half.

It was in the STL game that Orton's ribs were so badly injured, BTW.

So I would say Orton looked pretty good at the end of the season . . . not to be
unnoticed by Fox and Elway.

-----

topscribe
02-24-2011, 01:33 PM

Well, I would hope Clay, as a true Broncos fan, meant it . . .

-----

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 01:51 PM

-----

Is there a bigger one?

GEM
02-24-2011, 01:51 PM

So after days of getting on everyone requesting links to prove opinions, you are going to guess on the intentions of a one line post from Clay.

Rich.

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 02:24 PM
So after days of getting on everyone requesting links to prove opinions, you are going to guess on the intentions of a one line post from Clay.

Rich.
climb off my ass. I never take anything he says seriously.

vandammage13
02-24-2011, 02:27 PM
However, after the mass media session, in a smaller crowd, Fox was asked to clarify that statement. Is Orton the sure Week 1 starter or is he simply at the top of the Broncos’ depth chart as of Feb. 24?

“I can’t predict Week 1, so it’s today,” Fox said. “We’ll see."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/37692/fox-orton-is-our-starter-right-now

He's basically just reiterating what Elway said at the beginning of the month. These writers like to make a big deal out of anything Tebow because it gets hits from readers. Nothing relevant here to get worked up about, just the media trying to create a story by spinning it in a way to get people talking.

GEM
02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
climb off my ass. I never take anything he says seriously.

Then get off everyone else's ass for the same damn shit.

bcbronc
02-24-2011, 02:37 PM
looks like the door is open for my boy Quinn!

KCL
02-24-2011, 02:38 PM

-----

well clay did say he got soap in his pee pee...so it's hard telling what state of mind he is in today...:D

chazoe60
02-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Then get off everyone else's ass for the same damn shit.

Yep. :elefant::dance::elefant:

Day1BroncoFan
02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Here we go again.

Fox can kiss my rocks if he starts Orton during the actual season opener.

vandammage13
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Here we go again.

Fox can kiss my rocks if he starts Orton during the actual season opener.

My money is still on Orton either being dealt or our #2 QB.

Day1BroncoFan
02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
My money is still on Orton either being dealt or our #2 QB.

Hope you're right.

cardoso
02-24-2011, 03:28 PM

dont be such a drama queen! Mcdaniels could never be on the level fox is at. Fox has accomplished things mcdaniels never will.

he said "RIGHT NOW" he didn't say when the season starts. In fact he said he doesn't know who the starter will be when the season starts.

Tebow is our man in denver, there is nothing to worry about. I hate Orton's play and i hope he gets shippd out of here. I'm not even one bit worried about Tebow being outplayed by Orton because that will never happen.

dogfish
02-24-2011, 03:30 PM
good lord, people actually believe this shit?

:noidea:

Lonestar
02-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Obviously some do.

Or they are baiting and trolling.

You can choose.

I know what I believe.

underrated29
02-24-2011, 03:37 PM

What is more amazing is this thread has made it to page 5. On page 1, i said we need to send this to the black hole. Somehow though, here we are.

KCL
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM

Apparently the thread starter does.

T.K.O.
02-24-2011, 03:51 PM
i just hope there is gonna be FOOTBALL !
and a full offseason for Tebow to prepare to take the job from orton (which he should)
what would suck hard is if orton gets the nod only because he is more familiar with the team and system.
we need the best playmakers on the field....at every position !:salute:

camdisco24
02-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Great business move by Fox to pump up Orton's value.

robert ethan
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
My perception has always been that all three current Bronco QBs are in play as far as trade is concerned, with the possibility that the team uses it's top pick on Blaine Gabbert as well. Nothing that has transpired since the firing of Josh McDaniels leads me to believe otherwise. I think the intent at the time of the coaching change was to go for Andrew Luck, but Gabbert is just as good a prospect over the long haul.

vandammage13
02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
My perception has always been that all three current Bronco QBs are in play as far as trade is concerned, with the possibility that the team uses it's top pick on Blaine Gabbert as well. Nothing that has transpired since the firing of Josh McDaniels leads me to believe otherwise. I think the intent at the time of the coaching change was to go for Andrew Luck, but Gabbert is just as good a prospect over the long haul.

Highly disagree....The Broncos never had a even a smidgen of a chance to land Luck. He would have certainly went to Carolina. As for Gabbert, there is no way he is worth the #2 pick. Not sure why you would think that the Broncos FO would spend another first rounder on a QB when they have 2 starters on their roster as is and its not even remotely high on the list of positions that need to be addressed..

BroncoStud
02-24-2011, 04:48 PM

Maybe we can suit Elway up for one more year...

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Just my opinion but the organization should be careful about how they deal with this.

The general fanbase is already irate over the McDaniels debacle, they do not like Orton, they absolutely love Tebow, and some are probably even questioning the competency of management ( I know I am).

If there is football next year and Orton is the starter for whatever reason, the organization better win. Plain and simple. There are no more excuses, and there aren't really any other options for an organization rebuilding its current state, and has young first round investment at the position that will hopefully be our future to avoid any other disasters.

honz
02-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Wow, a lot of gullible people on here. Hopefully other teams GM's are just as gullible...

claymore
02-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Ive been nothing but impressed with the way the Broncos have done things the past few months.

Tebow starting or not starting is a coaches call. Fox wouldnt be the first Pro Coach that was less than impressed with Tebow.

honz
02-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Ive been nothing but impressed with the way the Broncos have done things the past few months.

Tebow starting or not starting is a coaches call. Fox wouldnt be the first Pro Coach that was less than impressed with Tebow.

Stop making yourself look like a fool, clay. You are better than this!

claymore
02-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Sorry for not being excited about Tebow running the football.

dogfish
02-24-2011, 05:45 PM

link?

honz
02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Sorry for not being excited about Tebow running the football.
Do you even watch football?

Dzone
02-24-2011, 06:03 PM
This is kinda like rex Ryan today guaranteed a super bowl victory for the Jets next season...thats easy to say when there isnt gonna be a season...Orton as starter in 2011? who cares...LOL

Dzone
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Ok, lets look into the future and just imagine that Orton starts over Tebow in week 1. Hope Orton doesnt mind being booed without mercy because I guarantee you that is what will happen. Every time scrawny Orton collapses in the pocket like a sack of potatoes, the boos will rain down and the chants for Tebow will be deafening. Starting Orton will not be popular.

claymore
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Do you even watch football?

Not much anymore. McD took alot out of me. I have watched every Tebow snap though. Not excited.

Benetto
02-24-2011, 06:28 PM

This....

And if its not this, then I wonder if anyone has already opened a "fire Fox thread" yet.

tomjonesrocks
02-24-2011, 06:31 PM

Nothing's a party like Gold Bond powder down there. We moved recently, and I had a little chafing going on after it was over. Decided a little Gold Bond dusting might help matters. It may have, if I'd been more cautious and careful. Turned out to be a VERY bad idea. :flame:

KCL
02-24-2011, 07:12 PM
This....

And if its not this, then I wonder if anyone has already opened a "fire Fox thread" yet.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216616&highlight=fire

Softskull
02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Ah, the slow part of the season.

I have no problem naming Orton the starter for now. Of all the issues we had last year, he was the least of them. Tebow has plenty of time to take the position between now and September, and if he can't, he can try again next year. He's not going anywhere.

topscribe
02-24-2011, 07:25 PM

"I think it would be pretty hard to be both" Denver's starter and also trade bait,
Fox said. "As far as I'm concerned, he's under contract and he's our starting
quarterback for the Denver Broncos."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=capress-fbn_broncos_fox-6058602

-----

BigSarge87
02-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Starting Orton will not be popular.

I would imagine that is why they are announcing it now. Just imagine if they let everyone think Tebag's was going to start all offseason and then right before the first game...BAM! Orton!

Would have been much worse.

topscribe
02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
well clay did say he got soap in his pee pee...so it's hard telling what state of mind he is in today...:D

Getting soap on one's pee pee will do that to one . . .

-----

Dzone
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey Brady Quinn is the darkhorse so dont be surprised when he becomes the next Montana..and this talk about Tebow and Orton will be meaningless at that point.

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2011, 07:43 PM
"I think it would be pretty hard to be both" Denver's starter and also trade bait,

-----

Cutler was.

And if Cutler can get traded, Orton can get cut.

As for myself, I hope we bomb and end up with Andrew Luck the following year. I most likely won't have to hope for the "bombing" part.

topscribe
02-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Cutler was.

And if Cutler can get traded, Orton can get cut.

As for myself, I hope we bomb and end up with Andrew Luck the following year. I most likely won't have to hope for the "bombing" part.

You are saying you hope the Broncos lose. I have no time or tolerance for that.

You are also talking about Cutler and McDaniels. FYI, McDaniels is gone. The
coach is now a man by the name of John Fox. I see little resemblance between
the two coaches.

And they are not going to cut who is right now their best quarterback . . .

-----

Dreadnought
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey Brady Quinn is the darkhorse so dont be surprised when he becomes the next Montana..and this talk about Tebow and Orton will be meaningless at that point.

That there is Claymore's secret forbidden desire. He's a closet Brady Quinn guy if ever there was.

claymore
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
That there is Claymore's secret forbidden desire. He's a closet Brady Quinn guy if ever there was.

:harf:

dogfish
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
he's shy about it though, dread-- you weren't supposed to tell anyone. . .

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
You are saying you hope the Broncos lose. I have no time or tolerance for that.

You are also talking about Cutler and McDaniels. FYI, McDaniels is gone. The
coach is now a man by the name of John Fox. I see little resemblance between
the two coaches.

And they are not going to cut who is right now their best quarterback . . .

-----

Well, I can understand that, but I am looking at it like this.

We have 3 QB's on our roster.

1 - Orton has shown he can be a good and productive QB when nothing's on the line.....next.

2 - I am not a Tebow fan at all, but he did show some stuff last year in limited time, and most importantly, he played his best football in crunch time during the game, which is when Orton played his worst football. Basically simliar results between those two, and considering Orton isn't going to get much better if any, and Tebow is in his first year, Tebow has significantly more upside.

3 - I'm not even going to bother trying to create an argument for Brady Quinn.

I think Orton is a better passer than Tebow, but Orton is spineless, and has absolutely no backbone or playmaking ability. Tebow is too raw as a passer, but wants the ball when it matters and actually plays better when the game is on the line.

If we could somehow create a QB with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow's strengths, we might end up with......Andrew Luck.

claymore
02-24-2011, 07:54 PM

You like Quinn almost as much as I do you SOB!

Dreadnought
02-24-2011, 07:54 PM

Its the 21st Century Dog. If a guy wants to be a Brady Quinn fan I am not in a position to judge him for it. He should express pride rather than hiding in the shadows

KCL
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM

How do you think he got soap in his pee pee? :eek:

claymore
02-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Its the 21st Century Dog. If a guy wants to be a Brady Quinn fan I am not in a position to judge him for it. He should express pride rather than hiding in the shadows

Guys kiss each other where they fart. And ists publicly acceptable. :rolleyes:

topscribe
02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, I can understand that, but I am looking at it like this.

We have 3 QB's on our roster.

1 - Orton has shown he can be a good and productive QB when nothing's on the line.....next.

2 - I am not a Tebow fan at all, but he did show some stuff last year in limited time, and most importantly, he played his best football in crunch time during the game, which is when Orton played his worst football. Basically simliar results between those two, and considering Orton isn't going to get much better if any, and Tebow is in his first year, Tebow has significantly more upside.

3 - I'm not even going to bother trying to create an argument for Brady Quinn.

I think Orton is a better passer than Tebow, but Orton is spineless, and has absolutely no backbone or playmaking ability. Tebow is too raw as a passer, but wants the ball when it matters and actually plays better when the game is on the line.

If we could somehow create a QB with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow's strengths, we might end up with......Andrew Luck.

Okay, Silk, so that's your opinion. I'm certainly not going to berate you for your opinion.

But spineless? Wow. I saw him play a year on a high ankle sprain, then another year
one two high ankle sprains. I saw him play several games with his index (guiding)
finger wrapped up from a compound dislocation. I saw the Baltimore Ravens expressing
their admiration for him for coming back at them while they were pummeling him.

No playmaking ability? He was #1 in the league in passing plays over 40+ yards. I don't
know what others were watching, but I saw him convert many broken plays.

But you have your opinion. Fine. Obviously, the coaches and Elway do not share it.

But I still cannot honor a wish for the Broncos to lose. Ever. For any reason . . .

-----

topscribe
02-24-2011, 08:04 PM
How do you think he got soap in his pee pee? :eek:

Repent, KCL . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't see what the up-roar is about. Tebow is NOT READY. If you want the best chance to win, as a coach, you play the player that is best RIGHT NOW. There is absolutely, no doubt, that Orton is the better NFL QB right now.

Everyone has been hinting at this. McDoofus made this clear when he was here. Elway has made it VERY clear how raw he feels Tebow is, and right now Fox believes that Orton is the clear cut starter FOR NOW.

This makes perfect sense to me. If we can't trade Orton, why would you want to continue with the front that we are looking to trade him? Instead, you go into camp, go into TCs, and go intot he pre-season as a COMPETITION... then, if Tebow comes out ahead... Orton was beat out instead of simply replaced.

If Orton comes out on top, then we know that Tebow is as far back as we expected he was. No shocker here.

Orton, if named the starter, will be replaced soon anyway. He's just NOT the playmaker you want for your long-term solution,b ut purely a place holder.

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Okay, Silk, so that's your opinion. I'm certainly not going to berate you for your opinion.

But spineless? Wow. I saw him play a year on a high ankle sprain, then another year
one two high ankle sprains. I saw him play several games with his index (guiding)
finger wrapped up from a compound dislocation. I saw the Baltimore Ravens expressing
their admiration for him for coming back at them while they were pummeling him.

No playmaking ability? He was #1 in the league in passing plays over 40+ yards. I don't
know what others were watching, but I saw him convert many broken plays.

But you have your opinion. Fine. Obviously, the coaches and Elway do not share it.

But I still cannot honor a wish for the Broncos to lose. Ever. For any reason . . .

-----

I don't consider spineless the same as toughness.

What is your argument for Kyle Orton when the game is on the line? Tim Tebow had just as many come from behind victories in the 3 games he played, as Kyle Orton did in the 29 games he played as a Bronco.

Why was Kyle Orton among the NFL's worst in 3rd down conversions, the down that is arguably the most telling stat of a successful QB?

I don't want to have this conversation with you because I know what you're opinion is on him.

I can say this about Orton though....

1) Why did Orton play his absolute worse when the organization just fired their coach? Orton played 2 weeks and was the NFL's worst QB for those weeks?. you cannot argue with those numbers. When we needed a player o nthe team to step up in the most dire situations, Kyle Orton feel in the shitter, and was upstaged by Tim Tebow.

When the organization was at it's worst, Kyle Orton got upstaged by Tim Tebow. I'm not even a Tebow fan and I could see that.

I would be curious as to where you have Kyle Orton as an NFL QB? I have him somewhere in the 17-23 range. The range where teams are looking for a new QB, unless he hasn't been in the league for 2 years.

KCL
02-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Repent, KCL . . .

-----

Me? I didn't do it to clay...:D

dogfish
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Me? I didn't do it to clay...:D

don't lie, you would!

camdisco24
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM

-----

Yup, genius business move, you can hardly tell he's pumping up the value. But at the same time its pretty obvious...

KCL
02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
don't lie, you would!

dog...do you know what I was talking about? No not that.

frauschieze
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
You are also talking about Cutler and McDaniels. FYI, McDaniels is gone. The coach is now a man by the name of John Fox. I see little resemblance between the two coaches.

There isn't much resemblance. And I am thankful for that every day!

topscribe
02-24-2011, 09:22 PM
My responses in yellow below:

I don't consider spineless the same as toughness.

What is your argument for Kyle Orton when the game is on the line? Tim Tebow had just as many come from behind victories in the 3 games he played, as Kyle Orton did in the 29 games he played as a Bronco.

DAL, NE, SD, PHI, KC

TEN, KC, STL

I might have missed one or two, but those performances were good enough
to pull them out with a decent supporting cast, even the losses. (Why weren't
there more? Well, the Broncos really didn't have too many games where the
game was actually on the line, did they?)

Why was Kyle Orton among the NFL's worst in 3rd down conversions, the down that is arguably the most telling stat of a successful QB?

An extraordinarily high number of 3rd downs were 8+ yards. A comparison was
made of his conversions of those against the elite players, and it was shown
that even the elite players did not fare much better than Orton at those
distances.

However, it was also shown that Orton did not convert as high of a
percentage of the short (1 - 3 yd) 3rd downs, either. But why should he have
had to? Because of an anemic running "attack." Defenses knew the Broncos
were going to pass more than run in those situations, and even if they did
run, there was nothing to worry about. They played pass. So some were
because of QB error, not doubt, but others simply because it was into the
teeth of the defense.

A much deeper analysis should be done on this before any definitive
conclusions are drawn.

I don't want to have this conversation with you because I know what you're opinion is on him.

I don't think you do, and I believe few others do. I developed a high opinion
of Orton through observing and analyzing him. I do not buy this W-L argument
about him when his team was last-place in offensive rushing and last-place in
defense. Even the great John Elway had his 5-11 season, so that can happen
to the best of them. I look at the player, and my analyses go deeper than
most, obviously.

I can say this about Orton though....

1) Why did Orton play his absolute worse when the organization just fired their coach? Orton played 2 weeks and was the NFL's worst QB for those weeks?. you cannot argue with those numbers. When we needed a player o nthe team to step up in the most dire situations, Kyle Orton feel in the shitter, and was upstaged by Tim Tebow.

I guess you never heard about Orton's rib injuries. The three games previous
to those two (KC, SD, STL) were some of the best he had played all season.
In those three, he threw for 860 yards, 8 TDs, and 1 INT and earned a 105.3
QBR. So why did he all the sudden take a dump?

In the STL game, he suffered a severe rib injury. It wasn't apparent in that
game since he threw for 3 TDs in the final quarter, so it obviously stiffened up
in the ensuing week. Anyway, he finished up that two-game stretch with rib
injuries on both sides. I maintain he should have never played those games,
and it was foolish of him and the coaches for him to continue through it. But
those, with whom I was watching that second KC game, and I commented to
each other that the ball was not coming off his hand as it had been doing.

When the organization was at it's worst, Kyle Orton got upstaged by Tim Tebow. I'm not even a Tebow fan and I could see that.

So, as I implied above, Orton wasn't upstaged by anybody. He was injured.

I would be curious as to where you have Kyle Orton as an NFL QB? I have him somewhere in the 17-23 range. The range where teams are looking for a new QB, unless he hasn't been in the league for 2 years.

Before his rib injuries, Orton was at the top in yardage gained, #2 in the
league in YPA, #2 according to DVOA, #6 according to DYAR, and had an
overall 96.0 QBR for the season. He really caught fire his last three games
before his injuries, as I revealed. So where do I rank him? Review this paragraph.

----------

HORSEPOWER 56
02-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Of course Orton isn't my first choice to be the QB next year (I think he's as exciting as watching paint dry and about as talented as Brian Griese) but we're under new ownership and if they give Orton the start, I'll support them and him until they show they don't deserve it.

I really like and respect Fox and Elway so whatever they ultimately decide I can live with. I think it's counter productive to what we're trying to do (rebuild this team into a contender and NOT get stuck in a QB controversy) but they have waaayyy more experience than I do so it is what it is.

ArmyOfBroncos
02-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Is Fox just keeping Orton's value by calling him the Starter?:defense:
Can't be sure but kinda sounds that way. Thanks for sharing.:beer:

nevcraw
02-24-2011, 09:42 PM
maybe.

it has been speculated that Fox would be more comfotable with his Delhomme type ala Orton.

It has been specualted that Orton is as good as gone with a decent offer post CBA.

It has also been discussed that He may want to open it up to comp.

It is also possible that with a lockout or shortened pre-season / traing camp he would be wary to throw tebow in without that time to be ready...

there's more but that is what I feel like typing out now..

jhildebrand
02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
It's the absolute best play the Broncos FO and Fox can make to say this.

A. It garners attention from the vets and FA's around the league that you won't lose your job to injury.

B. There is a good chance the Broncos are forced to have Orton on their roster due to the CBA getting worked out at the last minute. If that is the case, Orton will have heard for months that he is the "starter" and it is a competition.

We know Orton has a hard time being told he has to earn his role. He has already shown that. Tebow on the other hand has no problem competing.

C. If the CBA gets worked out than Orton can be moved and his trade value has been protected this entire time. Teams wont be waiting in the wings for this team to cut him.

Finally, the Champ signing sends a message to FA's around the league as well. I am happy to see this team back to its old ways-taking care of those that deserve it.

With two strong drafts, this team could get right back in the thick of things.

bcbronc
02-25-2011, 12:05 AM
imo he's probably letting other teams know that Tebow might be available for the right price. Especially the way he made sure to include Quinn in the conversation just to remind other GMs we've already got a starter and a back-up.

BeefStew25
02-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Man, leadership is awesome.

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 12:32 AM
maybe.

it has been speculated that Fox would be more comfotable with his Delhomme type ala Orton.

It has been specualted that Orton is as good as gone with a decent offer post CBA. It has also been discussed that He may want to open it up to comp.

It is also possible that with a lockout or shortened pre-season / traing camp he would be wary to throw tebow in without that time to be ready...

there's more but that is what I feel like typing out now..

Fox has also said he's a big fan of Tebow.

The two things I've highlighted are what I think are the reasons why Fox said Orton is the starter right now.

Imo if Elway and Fox were convinced Orton is the future they would be working on a long term contract. It could still happen in the future but I think this would be the time for them to get it done.

chazoe60
02-25-2011, 12:38 AM

The two things I've highlighted are what I think are the reasons why Fox said Orton is the starter right now.

Imo if Elway and Fox were convinced Orton is the future they would be working on a long term contract. It could still happen in the future but I think this would be the time for them to get it done.

I am almost positive that no one in the FO thinks Orton is the long term future of this franchise. How could they? Signing Orton to a long term deal would be a disaster in my opinion.

topscribe
02-25-2011, 12:55 AM
I am almost positive that no one in the FO thinks Orton is the long term future of this franchise. How could they? Signing Orton to a long term deal would be a disaster in my opinion.

Listen to yourself. How could the FO consider Orton long term when it would be a disaster "in my opinion."

-----

sneakers
02-25-2011, 01:39 AM
I remember bubby brister was once our starting QB going into a certain NFL season.

PAINTERDAVE
02-25-2011, 02:28 AM
I remember bubby brister was once our starting QB going into a certain NFL season.

Bubby's famous line... 1999

"If this was back in the day...
and he done me like that...
I tell ya..."

First time most of us ever heard the phrase...
"Back in the day"

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 03:00 AM
I think it's hilarious that people are actually entertaining the notion that Kyle Orton will start for the Broncos next year...

Can anyone imagine the revolt that would happen at Invesco as Denver struggles through 3 and outs while Tebow is sitting on the bench?

The fans pay the bills and a move this unpopular would simply destroy the credibility Elway is trying to establish. No way Orton starts for the Broncos next year and there is little chance he is on the roster next season. He makes a lot of money and he has a poor team attitude.

Orton would be looking over his shoulder on every incomplete pass, as would Tebow if Orton was on the roster. One of them is gone, and my guess is it's going to be Orton who has only a year left on his contract and has proven to be an average QB. If Elway were to trade Tebow and he became a stud QB for someone he would never live it down. Everyone knows Orton isn't going to suddenly become a stud for anyone, especially now that he's back to running a traditional NFL offense and not a high school spread.

bcbronc
02-25-2011, 04:05 AM
ya, let's hope it's the fans that dictate personal decisions. We're all so level headed in our player evaluations.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 04:22 AM
ya, let's hope it's the fans that dictate personal decisions. We're all so level headed in our player evaluations.

There are some things you just don't do. The 2 can't co-exist. You going to get rid of Tebow after 1 promising season or get rid of Orton after he is 11-19 in 2 seasons and mediocre over his career?

It isn't rocket science. That said, I agree with someone else, If Denver goes 1-15 and gets Luck next year, that's just fine with me.

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 07:56 AM
There are some things you just don't do. The 2 can't co-exist. You going to get rid of Tebow after 1 promising season or get rid of Orton after he is 11-19 in 2 seasons and mediocre over his career?

It isn't rocket science. That said, I agree with someone else, If Denver goes 1-15 and gets Luck next year, that's just fine with me.

Stud there are very plausible scenarios where Orton is with the team next season.

chazoe60
02-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Listen to yourself. How could the FO consider Orton long term when it would be a disaster "in my opinion."

-----

Not sure whose opinion I'm supposed to post with if I can't use my own. This isn't like debate team in which were told by someone else which side of an argument we are supposed to be on.

gobroncsnv
02-25-2011, 08:04 AM
kind of amazing how bad NFL defenses are if they let a
"high school spread" (as ran by the Pats for about 8 years)
do so well.

chazoe60
02-25-2011, 08:13 AM

-----

Also, you twisted my words. My belief that the FO doesn't consider aorton the long term solution stems from watching their treatment of this situation. They have not once showed any indication of trying to sign him to an extension. They indicated he could be had for a second round pick (that's what I've read several times anyway, could be rumor as well, I acknowledge that). They haven't done any of the things you would expect a team to do if their franchise QB was headed into the final season of his contract.

Juriga72
02-25-2011, 08:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6154904

Denver Native (Carol)
02-25-2011, 10:42 AM
INDIANAPOLIS — This wasn't a pin popping the enormous Tebowmania balloon.

John Fox just released some air, is all.

The Broncos' new coach said Thursday that if the season started today, Kyle Orton would be his No. 1 quarterback. This was no surprise, because Fox repeated what John Elway, the Broncos' new vice president of football operations, said three weeks earlier during Super Bowl XLV week.

"I don't think we'll really figure it out until we start competing," Fox said in the Lucas Oil Stadium media center at the NFL scouting combine. "Right now, Kyle Orton's our starter. We've got a very young guy, a high draft pick in Tim Tebow, who got his feet wet last year toward the end of the season.

"And then, shoot, Brady Quinn I'm looking forward to seeing play."

Later in the hallway outside the press room, Fox was asked if he had fully grasped the phenomenon that is Tim Tebow's fan base. The former Heisman Trophy winner from the University of Florida had his name and No. 15 attached to the highest-selling NFL jersey last season. He was No. 1 in sales before taking the first snap in his rookie season.

But No. 8, Orton, is the starter?

"Well, again, that's today," Fox said. "I've always believed that bringing competition to all positions is important. So we'll see."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17477643

Lonestar
02-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Yes Carol good post again.
Let's not let facts get in the way bias and hate.

lgenf
02-25-2011, 11:01 AM
I think there are times when saying NOTHING is better then saying something.

I don't care at this point, it doesn't even look like there will be an off season with the information released today from the NFL

Trade value - there are no trades, so why try to talk it up days, weeks or months before anything can be done about it?

and honestly if the season started tomorrow how are you deciding with QB will be number 1. based on past performance? really, or are you going to evaluate each guy during the week and then decide, so again WHY SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!

Lonestar
02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Members are invested in one player or another. They want to be right.

If Orton who has the most experience at this level starts in yet another new scheme, that just may be the wise move.

But because Tebow is the new toy and many have fell on love with him. Therefore Orton will be hated.

Biases will always be here.

PAINTERDAVE
02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
i'm all about moving forward.

If it aint Tebow... we need to know.

If he is gonna crap out... we need to get a new QB to build around.

The kid needs to get the reps with the first team in camp.
He needs every chance to succeed.

If we have a repeat of last season... even add in a few wins...
how is that a rebuild or any type of move forward?

The argument that Orton gives us a better chance to win..
I submit is false.

I think Tebow can "manage" a game as well as Kyle...
the bottom line is future wins , NOT stats.
I would bet on the talented leader over the mopey game manager any day.

Fox is not in charge of trades and aquisitions... Elway is.
Orton is only under a one year deal...
and he will NOT sign another cheap short term contract...
I highly DOUBT that the Broncos will invest another 35 million dollars in Kyle.
AND... I doubt they want him to hang around and then just walk for free, either.

They are paying Tebow millions on a 4 year deal right now.

I fully expect a trade of Kyle, the moment the CBA deal is done.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Geez people - there are so many different factors going into this. No one knows, at this time, how things will end up - not even the Broncos.

claymore
02-25-2011, 11:34 AM
I think if Tebow is truly our starter, then someone somewhere in the organization would say something to that effect.

If he is our future someone with some juice needs to start talking him up. Elway, Mcdaniels, Fox etc... None of those guys commited to him as the starter. None of those guys even committed to him as a good QB.

He may have been another McDaniels reach. I think they are scared to realize that the beloved Tebow sucks. That would become McDaniels mona lisa of turds... A whole Gator fanbase that now hates the Broncos because Tebow sucks.

GEM
02-25-2011, 11:36 AM

If Orton who has the most experience at this level starts in yet another new scheme, that just may be the wise move.

But because Tebow is the new toy and many have fell on love with him. Therefore Orton will be hated.

And you have them just like everyone else does.

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
I think there are times when saying NOTHING is better then saying something.

I don't care at this point, it doesn't even look like there will be an off season with the information released today from the NFL

Trade value - there are no trades, so why try to talk it up days, weeks or months before anything can be done about it?

and honestly if the season started tomorrow how are you deciding with QB will be number 1. based on past performance? really, or are you going to evaluate each guy during the week and then decide, so again WHY SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!

This wasn't one of those times to say NOTHING he was asked and he answered it. No big deal imo. What Fox said is rather nebulous. When you're asked question you answer it. Elway and Fox will be asked this question over and over ignoring it wont make it go away.

Why get worried about what Fox said? His and the front office's actions are far more important.

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 11:39 AM
I think if Tebow is truly our starter, then someone somewhere in the organization would say something to that effect.

If he is our future someone with some juice needs to start talking him up. Elway, Mcdaniels, Fox etc... None of those guys commited to him as the starter. None of those guys even committed to him as a good QB.

He may have been another McDaniels reach. I think they are scared to realize that the beloved Tebow sucks. That would become McDaniels mona lisa of turds... A whole Gator fanbase that now hates the Broncos because Tebow sucks.

Talk is cheap look at what the actually do. If they thought Orton was a long term solution they would probably have him at the negotiation table right now to hammer out a long term deal.

chazoe60
02-25-2011, 11:42 AM

I have said this for a while now but I will say it again: My dislike of Orton as our starting QB has nothing to do with Tebow. I would be wanting him traded even if Quinn was the only backup. I just don't think Orton is a good QB and do not believe he is the kind of player you build a team around. In fact I think his lethargic attitude affects the team in a negative way.

I can't wait till I get to throw that Orton going away party that I'm planning, hopefully it will come sooner rather than later.

jhildebrand
02-25-2011, 12:10 PM
I continue to see so many Orton supporters insist that Tebow should have to compete for a job that was HANDED to Orton. :lol: The same job that Orton threw a fit about after being removed instead of fighting-the right way for.

For me, this debate isn't about me not liking Orton. I simply believe he has shown his ceiling. The guy won 3 games this year despite this year being easier than last year. Many Orton supporters claimed the schedule was easier.

Finally, the guy folded and mailed it in during the 2nd KC and AZ games. I can't recall two worse performances in back to back games.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2011, 12:19 PM

I can completely understand what you're saying had Tebow come out and played like shit or even like a rookie, but he had the best first 3 games I've EVER seen for a rookie QB. He was the BEST player on the team in those 3 games, it was that obvious. We averaged the highest point total in 3 games than we had all year.

I just don't understand what he still has to "prove" to get the start. He moves the offense and scores points in the redzone. If he can't get the yardage he needs through the air, he does it with his feet. He can escape pressure and make things happen when things break down. Most of all he has a knack for leadership and seems to inspire his teammates. Did Brady do that his rookie year? Manning (either one)? Shit, even Elway?

What else is there?

claymore
02-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Talk is cheap look at what the actually do. If they thought Orton was a long term solution they would probably have him at the negotiation table right now to hammer out a long term deal.
Not saying Orton is the long term solution. Just that maybe our leadership sees him as the least stinky of three turds.

Tebow could be a future HOF'er for all I know. But our organization sure as hell hasnt even hinted at feeling they have a budding star in the making.

A team that is as open with the media as ours now is wouldnt be shy about showering a franchise QB with love... If they loved him.

I can completely understand what you're saying had Tebow come out and played like shit or even like a rookie, but he had the best first 3 games I've EVER seen for a rookie QB. He was the BEST player on the team in those 3 games, it was that obvious. We averaged the highest point total in 3 games than we had all year.

I just don't understand what he still has to "prove" to get the start. He moves the offense and scores points in the redzone. If he can't get the yardage he needs through the air, he does it with his feet. He can escape pressure and make things happen when things break down. Most of all he has a knack for leadership and seems to inspire his teammates. Did Brady do that his rookie year? Manning (either one)? Shit, even Elway?

What else is there?
I look at it in a different way.

1. There is no way to judge a good performance because opposing teams had no way to game plan for him, or the offense he would run. THere was nothing to go off of and it was only 3 games.

2. We were playing teams that had nothing to play for, and we were a 3 win ball club.

3. Orton won his first six games, people loved him. More time in the system changed all of that.

I dont dislike Tebow, I just dont like Tebow. Yet. I want to see him get past that 6 game hump that killed Orton. And Im not blinded by his college career to believe he is the best solution for this team.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Not saying Orton is the long term solution. Just that maybe our leadership sees him as the least stinky of three turds.

Tebow could be a future HOF'er for all I know. But our organization sure as hell hasnt even hinted at feeling they have a budding star in the making.

A team that is as open with the media as ours now is wouldnt be shy about showering a franchise QB with love... If they loved him.

1. There is no way to judge a good performance because opposing teams had no way to game plan for him, or the offense he would run. THere was nothing to go off of and it was only 3 games.

2. We were playing teams that had nothing to play for, and we were a 3 win ball club.

3. Orton won his first six games, people loved him. More time in the system changed all of that.

I dont dislike Tebow, I just dont like Tebow. Yet. I want to see him get past that 6 game hump that killed Orton. And Im not blinded by his college career to believe he is the best solution for this team.

Other than a few folks who were on his fan club when he arrived from Chicago, I don't think many folks attributed our 6 game win streak to Orton. Most of us understood that when your defense doesn't give up any points in the second half and is the #1 scoring defense, your offense really doesn't have to do much but not screw it up by turning the ball over.

I understand that Tebow hasn't proven much to this point, but even if he's not the future, I think it's safe to say that Orton isn't, either. We spent a first round pick on Tebow, shouldn't we at least see what he's got before we kick him to the bench in favor of a journeyman pocket passer with little playmaking ability?

I think keeping Orton, who doesn't appear to be the future, is a mistake and will limit Tebow's progression more than it will help it by creating a QB controversy that we don't need. It's not like we're trying to decide between Michael Vick and Kevin Kolb, here. We're trying to pick between Orton, Tebow, and Quinn (which really means Orton and Tebow). You pretty much put Orton against "the field" I take "the field" every time. There aren't many QBs I wouldn't take over Orton right now because I've seen him at his best and at his worst and he doesn't give me the confidence to think we'll ever win a playoff game with him.

topscribe
02-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Also, you twisted my words. My belief that the FO doesn't consider aorton the long term solution stems from watching their treatment of this situation. They have not once showed any indication of trying to sign him to an extension. They indicated he could be had for a second round pick (that's what I've read several times anyway, could be rumor as well, I acknowledge that). They haven't done any of the things you would expect a team to do if their franchise QB was headed into the final season of his contract.

Now, that's amazing. All I did was to repeat what you said, and somehow I
twisted your words? Maybe you twisted your own words, I don't know. But
what I noticed was your apparently believing the FO carries an opinion
because you do. That is what your statement appeared to say. I guess
you didn't grasp that. No biggie . . .

-----

vandammage13
02-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Xanders denies that Tebow lacks support from the Broncos.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/25/gm-denies-tebow-lack-support-from-broncos/?module=HP_headlines

Broncos general manager Brian Xanders denied an NFL.com/NFL Network report that second-year quarterback Tim Tebow lacks support within the organization.

“First of all, I think that report was false,” Xanders said Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine. “I think there’s a lot of people in our building that are behind Tim Tebow. He had a very successful career at Florida, and he’s working hard in his career to become a better quarterback at the NFL level. He’s somebody that the franchise invested a lot into in terms of draft picks and contract, but he’s going to create his role, and he’s done a good job so far with his limited opportunities. So, that report was false.”

“The big picture is, every player has to create their own role on the team and (coach) John Fox wants competition at every position.”

Basically, at worst, there will be an open competition in TC. I have no doubt that Orton will not be able to hold off Tebow.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 01:06 PM

Tx, he's already under contract. Look how long it takes when a player isn't!

Plus, there's a difference between saying he's the starter in 2011 and a franchise qb.

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 01:15 PM

I think they have Clay but they have also said he's raw and would benefit from a full offseason of work with the quarterback's coach and the offensive coordinator.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 01:15 PM

Didn't jax's HC last year say leftwich was starting qb, then dump him weeks later? Lol

Day1BroncoFan
02-25-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't really care who gives us the best chance to win right now or even next season. I want the QB to be the guy that give us the best chance to win for the next ten years or more and end up in the SB.

Is that Orton? Is that Tebow? Do we have to draft someone?

Whatever works the best for that is what I want us to do. So what if Orton gives us the best chance today. Is there a game I don't know about?

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Tx, he's already under contract. Look how long it takes when a player isn't!

Plus, there's a difference between saying he's the starter in 2011 and a franchise qb.

I know Orton is under contract for one more season. What I'm saying is that if Elway and Fox thought that Orton were a long(er) term solution they would try and extend him beyond next season.

dogfish
02-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Xanders denies that Tebow lacks support from the Broncos.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/25/gm-denies-tebow-lack-support-from-broncos/?module=HP_headlines

Basically, at worst, there will be an open competition in TC. I have no doubt that Orton will not be able to hold off Tebow.

good lord colonel xanders, stop being such a poosy!

say what you mean, and say it like you mean it. . . politispeak becomes such a habit for these guys it gets to be automatic. . .

"i think that report was false?" try to sound a little more wishy-washy and uncertain. . . if it was false, call the damn thing false in no uncertain terms. . .

“I think there’s a lot of people in our building that are behind Tim Tebow."

why not just say "everyone in our building supports tim completely" and be done with it? dude is so scared to get his name pinned to anything, he can't even committ firmly to something as simple as support for one of our primary players going forward. . . no need at all to mention who's going to start, but take a little tougher stand and don't leave tim twisting in the breeze with your shitty, lukewarm endorsement. . . try being a leader instead of a scared little bunny looking for some shadows to crawl into. . .

sorry to nitpick, but the guy's mannerisms get on my last nerve. . . he has this naturally evasive quality that's difficult for me to trust. . . i think it's the shifty eyes. . .

topscribe
02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
I know Orton is under contract for one more season. What I'm saying is that if Elway and Fox thought that Orton were a long(er) term solution they would try and extend him beyond next season.

Not necessarily. They have had other contracts to settle. I can see where they
are not sure at this time what the long-term prospects are at QB, but I don't
buy this as a sign that they don't at all look at Orton as long-term. I believe the
jury really is out in the FO at that position at this time, just as they implied.
Contrary to common thought here, I tend to take the FO at their word in this
case . . .

-----

chazoe60
02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Now, that's amazing. All I did was to repeat what you said, and somehow I
twisted your words? Maybe you twisted your own words, I don't know. But
what I noticed was your apparently believing the FO carries an opinion
because you do. That is what your statement appeared to say. I guess
you didn't grasp that. No biggie . . .

-----
Come on Top, you're not being honest. You repeated what I wrote but put it in different order making it one thought instead of two separate thoughts, which was how I wrote it.

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Not necessarily. They have had other contracts to settle. I can see where they
are not sure at this time what the long-term prospects are at QB, but I don't
buy this as a sign that they don't at all look at Orton as long-term. I believe the
jury really is out in the FO at that position at this time, just as they implied.
Contrary to common thought here, I tend to take the FO at their word in this
case . . .

-----

I disagree. We're talking about the most important position on the field. If Elway and Fox thought he was a long term solution they wouldn't want to take the chance of getting away after next season. There is enough film on Orton for them to draw a conclusion.

topscribe
02-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Come on Top, you're not being honest. You repeated what I wrote but put it in different order making it one thought instead of two separate thoughts, which was how I wrote it.

Sorry I tried to have a little fun at your expense. You said I was old, and I
laughed. So I thought I could kid around. My bad. As I said, no biggie . . .

-----

LordTrychon
02-25-2011, 01:47 PM

say what you mean, and say it like you mean it. . . politispeak becomes such a habit for these guys it gets to be automatic. . .

"i think that report was false?" try to sound a little more wishy-washy and uncertain. . . if it was false, call the damn thing false in no uncertain terms. . .

why not just say "everyone in our building supports tim completely" and be done with it? dude is so scared to get his name pinned to anything, he can't even committ firmly to something as simple as support for one of our primary players going forward. . . no need at all to mention who's going to start, but take a little tougher stand and don't leave tim twisting in the breeze with your shitty, lukewarm endorsement. . . try being a leader instead of a scared little bunny looking for some shadows to crawl into. . .

sorry to nitpick, but the guy's mannerisms get on my last nerve. . . he has this naturally evasive quality that's difficult for me to trust. . . i think it's the shifty eyes. . .
I think you may be reading a bit too much into what I think is most likely just a probable conversational tick.

permaybehaps, I think.

chazoe60
02-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Sorry I tried to have a little fun at your expense. You said I was old, and I
laughed. So I thought I could kid around. My bad. As I said, no biggie . . .

-----

I can't stay mad at you!

topscribe
02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
I disagree. We're talking about the most important position on the field. If Elway and Fox thought he was a long term solution they wouldn't want to take the chance of getting away after next season. There is enough film on Orton for them to draw a conclusion.

Well, the conclusion they have drawn is that Orton played at a Pro Bowl level
this last year. After all, they actually came out and said that, just as other
people in football have said (see Rich Gannon). I'm also sure that they are sharp
enough to see that they haven't seen Orton under "normal" conditions. It would
be a wonder if they didn't come away impressed. Thankfully they are not we . . .

-----

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Apparently some people dont know "Good Business". If Fox said Tebow was the started and push Orton aside he would cause problems with Orton if the CBA is not completed and we are stuck with him for another season. And he is stating that he is not that good, a new QB who has not proven himself to everyone yet is better. IF you listen to the interview...he said Orton is the starter right now....but not sure about the for week 1 aka the first game of the season.

jhildebrand
02-25-2011, 02:04 PM

So on one hand you are discrediting Tebow in his 3 games because nobody had enough film on him yet you praise Orton for his first 6 here. Seems a bit like a double standard to me.

As far as teams with nothing to play for I don't recall AZ having anything to play for and it was clear to everyone that Orton mailed it in. Even the Orton friendly media chastised him for it.

We know what Orton can and cant do. We don't know how Tebow will perform with more film on him. However, seeing how Orton was already given that opportunity, I would like to see Tebow afforded the same. If for no other reason than to see if Tebow can be our QB at least for the rebuilding. If neither are the solution than let's go for Luck.

topscribe
02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
So on one hand you are discrediting Tebow in his 3 games because nobody had enough film on him yet you praise Orton for his first 6 here. Seems a bit like a double standard to me.

As far as teams with nothing to play for I don't recall AZ having anything to play for and it was clear to everyone that Orton mailed it in. Even the Orton friendly media chastised him for it.

We know what Orton can and cant do. We don't know how Tebow will perform with more film on him. However, seeing how Orton was already given that opportunity, I would like to see Tebow afforded the same. If for no other reason than to see if Tebow can be our QB at least for the rebuilding. If neither are the solution than let's go for Luck.

No one seems to understand that the solution is defense! I don't know what
anybody expects Orton or Tebow to do with the team as it is today.

Nonetheless, what is all this about, "we" need to see what Tebow can do. It
is as if "we" have to make the decisions for the coaches. I believe they are
the ones who need to see it, and they are in the better position to decide
what they need to see.

We have a fanbase who seems to be trying to force Tebow into the starting
role. To hell with that. I want the Broncos to win. If the coaches believe
Orton is more likely to achieve that, then they have my support. If they
believe Tebow is more likely to achieve that, then they have my support. "We"
don't have to see anything, other to sit on our asses and watch games . . .

-----

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 02:30 PM

Good post, clay. Agree 90%.

Just don't know WHAT denver has at qb right now.
KO who is with his 3rd HC in 3yrs.
TT who is still a work in project.
BQ who is the darkhorse.
XX who is yet to appear.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 02:33 PM
K. And that was also my point, Tx. They prolly don't. But prolly he's the best they got,NOW, and knows the system.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
kind of amazing how bad NFL defenses are if they let a
"high school spread" (as ran by the Pats for about 8 years)
do so well.

How many games did it win us? How many times did we score more than 30 points? McDaniels offense didn't work that well, we sucked and the offense gets blame too, couldn't score when we had to. The difference between Brady and Orton (lol) is pretty tremendous. Brady can actually make all the throws and move the chains, score points. Orton cannot.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 02:41 PM
I have said this for a while now but I will say it again: My dislike of Orton as our starting QB has nothing to do with Tebow. I would be wanting him traded even if Quinn was the only backup. I just don't think Orton is a good QB and do not believe he is the kind of player you build a team around. In fact I think his lethargic attitude affects the team in a negative way.

I can't wait till I get to throw that Orton going away party that I'm planning, hopefully it will come sooner rather than later.

EXACTLY. The Orton-lovers always throw Tebow into the mix. I am sure most of us, including you and I, were pissed when Orton was traded to us in the first place. I never wanted the bum, I watched him at Purdue and Chicago, he was average AT BEST on some good teams. I watched Grossman take the same team to the Super Bowl when Kyle couldn't sniff the playoffs.

Long before Tebow came along I was sick of Kyle Orton. In fact, I wasn't that happy about drafting Tebow in the first place.

Most of us who dislike Orton as our starting QB don't even relate that dislike to Tebow, it's not even a factor. Orton from his weak arm, no mobility, and lethargic demeanor is enough to make us dislike him.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 02:45 PM

So when he said "So, that report was false" you poopoo'd that also?

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 03:00 PM
people in football have said (see Rich Gannon). I'm also sure that they are sharp
be a wonder if they didn't come away impressed. Thankfully they are not we . . .

-----

I'm guessing that by "normal" conditions you mean Orton's health, lack of a running game and so forth. So that would mean he played under "abnormal" conditions. If that is case and the front office still says he played at a pro bowl I think that would be more convincing that Orton is their guy.

If I've got my math right Orton has started or played in 29 games for the Broncos. That's a lot game for not under for not being able to come any conclusions. I wont say they that Fox and Elway are misleading but I don't think their rhetoric is matching their actions. There is enough information to make a decision if they wanted too.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm guessing that by "normal" conditions you mean Orton's health, lack of a running game and so forth. So that would mean he played under "abnormal" conditions. If that is case and the front office still says he played at a pro bowl I think that would be more convincing that Orton is their guy.

If I've got my math right Orton has started or played in 29 games for the Broncos. That's a lot game for not under for not being able to come any conclusions. I wont say they that Fox and Elway are misleading but I don't think their rhetoric is matching their actions. There is enough information to make a decision if they wanted too.your last 4 words says it all, imo.

claymore
02-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Normally Id agree

Normally Id agree. But Xanders/Broncos true feelings might be negative on Tebow. And telling the truth on that subject would be like a politician saying the "N" word.

If he came out and said "Tebow is not our starter, we think he is a sub par QB, and Orton is sadly the best QB on our roster". People would lose it.

dogfish
02-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Normally Id agree

Normally Id agree. But Xanders/Broncos true feelings might be negative on Tebow. And telling the truth on that subject would be like a politician saying the "N" word.

If he came out and said "Tebow is not our starter, we think he is a sub par QB, and Orton is sadly the best QB on our roster". People would lose it.

i never said he should tell the truth. . . but under the circumstances-- a petty, pissed off little biatch of a journalist taking potshots at our potential QB of the future-- i'd like to see one of the leaders of the franchise act like a leader and issue a strong rebuttal instead of xanders' half-assed, unconvincing, mumbled denials. . .

doesn't even matter if tebow is actually their guy, it doesn't cost anything to say it. . . xanders sounds weak and indecisive-- hardly the image the broncos FO should be projecting. . .

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Normally Id agree

And some worse than others! Hide the knives! :eek:

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 03:14 PM
your last 4 words says it all, imo.

Here we ago again. I've reponded your in a civil manner and all you can do provide more snarky comments.

Ravage!!!
02-25-2011, 03:15 PM
i never said he should tell the truth. . . but under the circumstances-- a petty, pissed off little biatch of a journalist taking potshots at our potential QB of the future-- i'd like to see one of the leaders of the franchise act like a leader and issue a strong rebuttal instead of xanders' half-assed, unconvincing, mumbled denials. . .

doesn't even matter if tebow is actually their guy, it doesn't cost anything to say it. . . xanders sounds weak and indecisive-- hardly the image the broncos FO should be projecting. . .

What image are you talking about? I see a FO being sure that Orton knows he's still in the running. Why shouldn't they make that clear? If they feel they will absolutely need Orton as the starting QB of this team, don't you think they need to sound as if they are behind him as well?

I don't see what you are getting at. You want Xanders to come out and speak for everyone and say that EVERYONE is 100% behind Tebow... as what.. the starter or the person?

I think the FO is making it VERY clear. Right now, its an open competition for the starting QB spot, and they are behind both players equally.

dogfish
02-25-2011, 03:21 PM

-----

top, if orton has played here two years and these so-called "normal conditions" haven't existed at any point during that time, when can we expect it to happen?

bottom line, there ARE no "normal conditions" in the NFL-- every QB in the league has to play through adverse circumstances, it's part of the game. . . lots of guys get dinged up over the course of a season-- look at some of the injuries vick suffered this year for example. . . lots of QBs have guys miss time on their OL (brady won the MVP without his best lineman for a chunk of the season)-- lots of QBs have to play without their full receiving corps, or with a poor running game. . . aaron rogers had to play the whole year without his starting RB, and most of it without his dynamic tight end. . . sorry, those ARE normal circumstances in this game. . .

what we haven't seen is orton operate under IDEAL circumstances-- very big difference. . .

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 03:24 PM
top, if orton has played here two years and these so-called "normal conditions" haven't existed at any point during that time, when can we expect it to happen?

bottom line, there ARE no "normal conditions" in the NFL-- every QB in the league has to play through adverse circumstances, it's part of the game. . . lots of guys get dinged up over the course of a season-- look at some of the injuries vick suffered this year for example. . . lots of QBs have guys miss time on their OL (brady won the MVP without his best lineman for a chunk of the season)-- lots of QBs have to play without their full receiving corps, or with a poor running game. . . aaron rogers had to play the whole year without his starting RB, and most of it without his dynamic tight end. . . sorry, those ARE normal circumstances in this game. . .

what we haven't seen is orton operate under IDEAL circumstances-- very big difference. . .
TOP is so far up Orton's ass if Kyle suddenly stopped walking TOP might pop out of his nostril... Sad. :elefant:

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 03:27 PM

Even ideal conditions are tough come by even with a solid team.

dogfish
02-25-2011, 03:29 PM
What image are you talking about? I see a FO being sure that Orton knows he's still in the running. Why shouldn't they make that clear? If they feel they will absolutely need Orton as the starting QB of this team, don't you think they need to sound as if they are behind him as well?

I don't see what you are getting at. You want Xanders to come out and speak for everyone and say that EVERYONE is 100% behind Tebow... as what.. the starter or the person?

I think the FO is making it VERY clear. Right now, its an open competition for the starting QB spot, and they are behind both players equally.

where did orton get involved?

xanders was asked about the report that tebow didn't have support in our building-- i would have liked him to respond with a stronger refutation. . . he didn't have to say a word about orton. . . and if he did, what's wrong with "that report is not only false but ridiculous--we love our quarterback situation, we're very happy to have both a proven vet and a talented youngster on the roster-- both guys have our unqualified support" instead of a weak denial that leaves room for doubt?

in the end it's not important-- i'd just like to see one of the faces of our organization show some backbone, and scoff at lombardi the way he deserves. . .

TXBRONC
02-25-2011, 03:30 PM
TOP is so far up Orton's ass if Kyle suddenly stopped walking TOP might pop out of his nostril... Sad. :elefant:

Stud come on lets not go there.

topscribe
02-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Okay, you talk about a "lot of guys." I'll talk about Orton.

So when can we expect it to happen? I guess when the Broncos (or whatever
team he's playing for) don't have a porous O-line AND a last-place running game
AND a last-place defense. I guess when he isn't playing on TWO high ankle
defense. I guess when he isn't playing with a compound dislocation (bone
through skin) on his index (guiding) finger on this throwing hand. I guess when
he doesn't have severe rib injuries on BOTH sides (since several here want to
use those two games to allege what a bum he is). And STILL many feel he
played at a Pro Bowl level, including the likes of Elway, Fox, and Rich Gannon.

Or we can just accept the shallow reasoning of several here and not look for
reasons why things happen the way they do. For instance, Orton was 3-10.
The Broncos weren't 3-10. Orton was, running game and defense be damned
(which they must have been).

Yes, and one actually asked why Orton played so poorly in those last two
games. Another suggested he "faded in the end." Are you kidding me? Hello!

But why are you addressing me on this? Why do you not take notice of others?
I have been derided, demeaned, and outright attacked because I speak out
on Orton's behalf (which is why I have three or so on Ignore). I have not
personally attacked anybody else over being anti-Orton. I have argued
this issue and provided documentation, facts, and figures in the process.

So that's fine. Let the punks have a good laugh. I guess I'm their Pee Wee
Herman because I write on Orton's behalf. I guess I had better conclude this
post before I say something I will regret . . .

P.S. This was not aimed at you, Dog.

-----

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Okay, you talk about a "lot of guys." I'll talk about Orton.

So when can we expect it to happen? I guess when the Broncos (or whatever
team he's playing for) don't have a porous O-line AND a last-place running game
AND a last-place defense. I guess when he isn't playing on TWO high ankle
defense. I guess when he isn't playing with a compound dislocation (bone
through skin) on his index (guiding) finger on this throwing hand. I guess when
he doesn't have severe rib injuries on BOTH sides (since several here want to
use those two games to allege what a bum he is).

Or we can just accept the shallow reasoning of several here and not look for
reasons why things happen the way they do. For instance, Orton was 3-10.
The Broncos weren't 3-10. Orton was, running game and defense be damned
(which they must have been).

Yes, and one actually asked why Orton played so poorly in those last two
games. Another suggested he "faded in the end." Are you kidding me? Hello!

But why are you addressing me on this? Why do you not take notice of others?
I have been derided, demeaned, and outright attacked because I speak out
on Orton's behalf (which is why I have three or so on Ignore). I have not
personally attacked anybody else over being anti-Orton. I have argued
this issue and provided documentation, facts, and figures in the process.

So that's fine. Let the punks have a good laugh. I guess I'm their Pee Wee
Herman because I write on Orton's behalf. I guess I had better conclude this
post before I say something I will regret . . .

P.S. This was not aimed at you, Dog.

-----

Signs there were problems with Orton came when McD started to send in Tebow inside the redzone to score since Orton could not score in the redzone (or get out of it at the other end of the field). Orton put up great numbers between the 20 but was useless between. You have no idea how many times i wanted to strangle him through TV because he throw the ball away in the redzone. He for one is not a leader, he is a great back up at best. The running game was better at the end of the season and Tebow was part of the reason because he was another threat with his feet so more opened up.

GEM
02-25-2011, 04:02 PM
K. And that was also my point, Tx. They prolly don't. But prolly he's the best they got,NOW, and knows the system.

What system? John Fox's system....because the system that Orton did well in is gone.

Ravage!!!
02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
What system? John Fox's system....because the system that Orton did well in is gone.

Although we did keep the same OC.

Its a win-win by saying Orton is the starter for now, and having the competition for the starting spot.

1) If Orton is better option than Tebow, we didn't go into the season with a guy that can't beat out Orton.

2) If Tebow wins the starting role, then we still have a viable back-up in Orton instead of Quinn.

If we name Tebow the starter now, we pretty much have to trade Orton and would be left with Quinn as the back-up.

topscribe
02-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Signs there were problems with Orton came when McD started to send in Tebow inside the redzone to score since Orton could not score in the redzone (or get out of it at the other end of the field). Orton put up great numbers between the 20 but was useless between. You have no idea how many times i wanted to strangle him through TV because he throw the ball away in the redzone. He for one is not a leader, he is a great back up at best. The running game was better at the end of the season and Tebow was part of the reason because he was another threat with his feet so more opened up.

When was Tebow sent in to get out of the red zone on the other end of the
field? What game?

Did you ever try to analyze just why Orton threw the ball away in the red zone?
Could it have been for the same reason that Cutler threw INTs in the red zone?
Have you never considered that a running game is paramount in the red zone?
I mean, any coach will tell you that . . . any who knows what they are talking
about, anyway. In fact, I have seen the red zone from a QB's point of view,
so I will tell you that.

I'm not saying Orton hasn't made mistakes there. He has. But there can be
many reasons why things happen. And one I have noticed is that defenses
did not respect the running game. They played pass. And when a defense
plays pass in the cramped red zone, it can get very hard to pass.

I look for cause and effect. I don't implicate someone just because they were
there when it happened. Let's take an interception, for instance. Why did it
happen? Was it a bad throw, a bad decision? Often, yes.

But there are times when the receiver blew the route, or fell down, or it was
just a stupendous play by a defender. Yet so many will berate a QB for that
INT (and I am not talking just about Orton here).

So when I go looking for reasons, I am berated for looking for excuses. If we
are going to get at facts, we must begin to think more deeply (which is what
I meant with the previous comment).

-----

topscribe
02-25-2011, 04:27 PM

If I've got my math right Orton has started or played in 29 games for the Broncos. That's a lot game for not under for not being able to come any conclusions. I wont say they that Fox and Elway are misleading but I don't think their rhetoric is matching their actions. There is enough information to make a decision if they wanted too.

Well, as I already said, they did come to some conclusions, for all of us to hear.
Per Fox and Elway: Orton played at a Pro Bowl level. And that was despite
abnormal conditions.

So Orton played 29 games. The first three or four were with the compound
dislocation of his guiding finger on his throwing hand. The first nine were on
a high ankle sprain (overlapping with the injured finger). The next seven were
on TWO high ankle sprains. In addition, this was in a brand new system, with
brand new teammates (many who were brand new to each other). And Orton
STILL did a solid job.

So that was the first 16 of the 29 games.

So we come to the 13 games this year. The first few, Orton played behind a
sieve of an O-line, who could seem to stop anyone from consistently busting
through. I remember several of us saying that if they don't start protecting
him, he would not make it through the season (and he didn't, did he?). And
then there was the running game . . . or was there (if you know what I
mean)? Defense? Same thing . . . what defense?

Yet after 11 games, before he tried to play with his rib injuries, Orton was on
a pace to throw for 4,902 yards and 29 TDs and had a 96.0 QBR. And at least
some were saying he played at a Pro Bowl level (including, as I mentioned,
our John Fox and John Elway).

So there are your 29 games. This is what impresses me about Orton. He has
yet to catch a break, yet he has played well. So yes, I admire him for that . . .

-----

topscribe
02-25-2011, 04:35 PM
I remain faithful, standing alone, but it's getting rough . . .

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/CantHold.jpg

-----

topscribe
02-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I can't stay mad at you!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/BlueBirdofHappiness.jpg

-----

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Here we ago again. I've reponded your in a civil manner and all you can do provide more snarky comments.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
You so in a rush to start something that your eyes make an innocent post, where I'm agreeing with you, into something it is not? For the life of me, how the hell do you do that, Tx? I thought only Gem did that. Lol

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 05:03 PM
How much do you think terminology is going to change? Last I heard (today in fact), keeping McCoy was so the offense wouldn't have to go thru the same learning curve the defense will. There will be tweaks here/there I'm sure, but the same for the most part.

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 05:06 PM
When was Tebow sent in to get out of the red zone on the other end of the
field? What game?

Did you ever try to analyze just why Orton threw the ball away in the red zone?
Could it have been for the same reason that Cutler threw INTs in the red zone?
Have you never considered that a running game is paramount in the red zone?
I mean, any coach will tell you that . . . any who knows what they are talking
about, anyway. In fact, I have seen the red zone from a QB's point of view,
so I will tell you that.

I'm not saying Orton hasn't made mistakes there. He has. But there can be
many reasons why things happen. And one I have noticed is that defenses
did not respect the running game. They played pass. And when a defense
plays pass in the cramped red zone, it can get very hard to pass.

I look for cause and effect. I don't implicate someone just because they were
there when it happened. Let's take an interception, for instance. Why did it
happen? Was it a bad throw, a bad decision? Often, yes.

But there are times when the receiver blew the route, or fell down, or it was
just a stupendous play by a defender. Yet so many will berate a QB for that
INT (and I am not talking just about Orton here).

So when I go looking for reasons, I am berated for looking for excuses.

-----

Fact Orton failed when he saw pressure...he threw the ball away too quick, and didn't even try to expend plays. I watched him get pressure and run out of pocket and throw ball into the stands with Lloyd along in end zone....what do you call that? Routes falling apart? stupidity? Nope a QB failing. Culter threw ints because the put it into tight spaces and thinks he can make any throw...very cocky and confident in himself. So what if you have seen the redzone....so have I in college at the QB position...doesn't mean squat. As for the many reason...you are coming up with excuses for Orton and have no proof anything else went wrong besides bad running game. But in the last games when Orton played his worst....Moreno had a 100 yrd rushing game and we were running the ball well? What does that mean? So you can go look for excuses all you want because they are what people do who dont accept things they have done, or accept facts

GEM
02-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Guys....let's keep the topic to football instead of each other's IQ levels and other personal stuff that has no place in a football thread.

Mmmmmkay!

GEM
02-25-2011, 05:22 PM
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
You so in a rush to start something that your eyes make an innocent post, where I'm agreeing with you, into something it is not? For the life of me, how the hell do you do that, Tx? I thought only Gem did that. Lol

You do it all the time, RC. Bout time someone called you on it.

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:28 PM
I hope Denver has a better season this year...not better than KC...I hate seeing you all get ugly with one another.

topscribe
02-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I hope Denver has a better season this year...not better than KC...I hate seeing you all get ugly with one another.

Some of us can really get ugly, can't we? :nod:

-----

GEM
02-25-2011, 05:31 PM

-----

Oh shush, ya Orton lover!

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:32 PM

-----

Yes you can and I have at times been dragged into the ugliness and I don't even like the Broncos or Orton...:lol:

topscribe
02-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh shush, ya Orton lover!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/BiteMe.jpg

-----

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 05:35 PM
You do it all the time, RC. Bout time someone called you on it.
Do what? Jump to conclusions? Turn a reply of agreement into a" snarky" comment?
Please, gem, explain yourself. Evidently I'm dumber than I'm made out to be.

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
I was just listening to the interview with Fox...and his first response about Orton "You know i dont think we'll know until we start competing, I THINK Kyle Orton is our starter"

This doesn't sound like a man who is set on Orton as starter.....take all these talks with a grain of salt until there is a trade of week 1.

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Do what? Jump to conclusions? Turn a reply of agreement into a" snarky" comment?

rc...pipe down and go start a new thread.

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I was just listening to the interview with Fox...and his first response about Orton "You know i dont think we'll know until we start competing, I THINK Kyle Orton is our starter"

This doesn't sound like a man who is set on Orton as starter.....take all these talks with a grain of salt until there is a trade of week 1.

That's pretty much what people have said throughout this thread also.

GEM
02-25-2011, 05:39 PM

One line wonders calling out people because they have an opinion. Snarky replies that sit there because people don't want to take the time to fight with you. Consistently telling people about facts and how they are ignored while ignoring a ton of them yourself if it fits your side of the argument.

To name a few.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 05:39 PM

-----
Some don't even have to work at it.

YES.....SNARKY COMMENT. AIMED AT NOBODY IN PARTICULAR. JUST WANTED TO MAKE ONE SO IT COULD BE USED AS A COMPARISON.
TIA.

GEM
02-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Some don't even have to work at it.

YES.....SNARKY COMMENT. AIMED AT NOBODY IN PARTICULAR. JUST WANTED TO MAKE ONE SO IT COULD BE USED AS A COMPARISON.
TIA.

Always quick to point to other people, while never looking in the mirror at your own posting habits.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes you can and I have at times been dragged into the ugliness and I don't even like the Broncos or Orton...:lol:

Just the broncos fans?

Awwwwwww........

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Just the broncos fans?

Awwwwwww........

Yes I love Bronco fans....you know that!

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
That's pretty much what people have said throughout this thread also.

Well some people are stuck on the headlines that Fox named Orton as our starter, but ignore the fact each time he said "I think" before it. It is just reporters hearing what they want and then posting it for people to read.

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:44 PM
GEM and rc...I am going to put you two in a 30 second time out for unsportsmanlike conduct...you both are really close to getting penalized and if the hits continue there will more than likely be a fine followed by a
3 day suspension...:lol:

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 05:44 PM

Pretty sure that's been the consensus of the forum.
If you take the words of a FO or HC, made this time of year, to heart, you're a gluton for punishment.

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Well some people are stuck on the headlines that Fox named Orton as our starter, but ignore the fact each time he said "I think" before it. It is just reporters hearing what they want and then posting it for people to read.

You just described the thread starter..nothing personal.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 05:45 PM
rc...pipe down and go start a new thread.
About our 'meeting'? :eek:

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Pretty sure that's been the consensus of the forum.
If you take the words of a FO or HC, made this time of year, to heart, you're a gluton for punishment.

Ahhh i thought the consensus was Orton bashing:confused:

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:47 PM
About our 'meeting'? :eek:

whatever monkey boy! :D

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Ahhh i thought the consensus was Orton bashing:confused:

which gets old...try having Brody Croyle on your roster...:eek:

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 05:52 PM
One line wonders calling out people because they have an opinion. Snarky replies that sit there because people don't want to take the time to fight with you. Consistently telling people about facts and how they are ignored while ignoring a ton of them yourself if it fits your side of the argument.

To name a few.

What does that have to do with my agreeing with something Tx said, and then being told off for it. By him? Quit trying so hard, G...I'm not that hard to get. Lol

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 05:54 PM
which gets old...try having Brody Croyle on your roster...:eek:

Try having Brady Quinn......the dude should stick with modeling....he was horrible during the preseason...against backups :tsk:

GEM
02-25-2011, 05:57 PM
What does that have to do with my agreeing with something Tx said, and then being told off for it. By him? Quit trying so hard, G...I'm not that hard to get. Lol

You go on in your little cloud. Ignore my posts the last few days. I have just been going on about it because I have nothing better to do. That's always easier than looking in the mirror and saying, wow maybe there is an issue.

:shrugs:

KCL
02-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Try having Brady Quinn......the dude should stick with modeling....he was horrible during the preseason...against backups :tsk:

I'm not talking preseason though....:lol:

topscribe
02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
You go on in your little cloud. Ignore my posts the last few days. I have just been going on about it because I have nothing better to do. That's always easier than looking in the mirror and saying, wow maybe there is an issue.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/GoOnW-OMe.jpg

I'm just on a photo roll today! :D

-----

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Always quick to point to other people, while never looking in the mirror at your own posting habits.
I can name......8 other 'vets' with the same, if not 'heavier handed'" posting styles, G, that don't get NEAR the attention I do. I have also been known to give back what is given to me, in kind. Notsomuch, lately, as I just iggy them anymore, as suggested.
But you've been jumping to an awful lot of conclusions, lately, regarding my posts, that were totally off base. And I'm not the only one to notice.
I'm not the boogeyman y'all make me out to be.
DAMMIT GEM, I'M JUST A MAN!

:wink:

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Yes I love Bronco fans....you know that!
Yes......I DO!

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 06:12 PM
GEM and rc...I am going to put you two in a 30 second time out for unsportsmanlike conduct...you both are really close to getting penalized and if the hits continue there will more than likely be a fine followed by a
3 day suspension...:lol:a guy could do alot with 30 seconds.....

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 06:12 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/GoOnW-OMe.jpg

I'm just on a photo roll today! :D

-----

Do you have all these photos saved somewhere or just that good at google searching them.....pretty good ones:laugh:

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Ahhh i thought the consensus was Orton bashing:confused:well, that IS what it becomes, much to our chagrin.

KCL
02-25-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm not the boogeyman y'all make me out to be.
DAMMIT GEM, I'M JUST A MAN!

:wink:

KCL
02-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Yes......I DO!

Yep you should..we've been around one another for years!

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 06:17 PM

I'm not allowed to look in mirrors.

KCL
02-25-2011, 06:18 PM
a guy could do alot with 30 seconds.....

Okay...I'll save this for another time.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Glad SOMEbody got that.

rcsodak
02-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Yep you should..we've been around one another for years!
Shhhhhhhhh........

:couch:

KCL
02-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Shhhhhhhhh........

:couch:

why? we have....:confused:

bcbronc
02-25-2011, 06:29 PM
looks like Top found Icanhazcheezburger.com. tis a shame, really.

and maybe GEM, KCL and rc can take the flirting to PM instead of letting it run rampant from thread to thread. the tension is making me uncomfortable.

GEM
02-25-2011, 06:53 PM

and maybe GEM, KCL and rc can take the flirting to PM instead of letting it run rampant from thread to thread. the tension is making me uncomfortable.

:tsk: I have flirted with no one on this board....today.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 06:56 PM

So someone else using your account has been sending me explicit messages all day begging me to grace them with my manly presence? :salute:

GEM
02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
So someone else using your account has been sending me explicit messages all day begging me to grace them with my manly presence? :salute:

:shocked: Clay hacked my account again!!! :tsk:

chazoe60
02-25-2011, 06:59 PM

It's still early, honey.

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 07:01 PM

Suddenly I feel so violated. :shocked:

GEM
02-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Suddenly I feel so violated. :shocked:

Don't hold it against him, he sees the word stud and it drives him horny, baby. :lol:

dogfish

KCL can't help herself, she's an aggressive little minx. . .

KCL

I posted the same thing and deleted it..because I had a special message for bc but I didn't want him to think I was flirting with him.

I haven't been flirting with anyone either.

now rc may have been flirting..I'm not sure!

KCL
02-25-2011, 07:04 PM
KCL can't help herself, she's an aggressive little minx. . .

WTF??? :tsk:

KCL
02-25-2011, 07:05 PM
It's still early, honey.

You're going to make bc uncomfortable...:D

GEM
02-25-2011, 07:05 PM
WTF??? :tsk:

:lol: That one made me giggle!! :D

KCL
02-25-2011, 07:06 PM

I will flirt with clay and I will not deny it.

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I will flirt with clay and I will not deny it.

Well I think I am glad to be on the "outside" of this conversation now. Don't think I am ready to cross that fence:eek:

KCL
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
:lol: That one made me giggle!! :D

Me too....:D

BroncoStud
02-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Don't hold it against him, he sees the word stud and it drives him horny, baby. :lol:

:date:

KCL
02-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Well I think I am glad to be on the "outside" of this conversation now. Don't think I am ready to cross that fence:eek:

ready or not..watch out for beef...he may ask for your measurements.

and FTR dog..I have never flirted with anyone posting here :whistle:

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 07:22 PM
ready or not..watch out for beef...he may ask for your measurements.

and FTR dog..I have never flirted with anyone posting here :whistle:

I sure hope a guy wont ask me for any sort of measures since I am a guy too......might be awkward :shocked:

KCL
02-25-2011, 07:24 PM
I sure hope a guy wont ask me for any sort of measures since I am a guy too......might be awkward :shocked: