PDA

View Full Version : Blueprints to beat the broncos..

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Well the blue print is on the table now..

Just like in the PIT Playoff game.. everyone will take away certain things..

On OFFENSE:

Stop the running game early and force us to pass..
Soft double Marshall.
Follow Jays eyes.. that will tip off anyone watching us where he is going with the ball..
Strip the ball carriers..

ON DEF:

Run the ball..
Run the ball..
Throw over the Bly side of the field.
Throw toward the middle at your TE's.
Run the ball towards the MLB or SLB... stay away from DJ and Champ.
Establish the run and do not forget it if you are only 3 TD's down..

ST:

set up middle returns they open BIG time..
play aggressive and strip the ball...

TOP will win alot of games..

LRtagger
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
On OFFENSE:

Keep us from putting up more than 35 points

ON DEF:

Show up

ST:

Run straight up field

Simplified it for you.

Tned
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh God, not blueprint threads again :sad:

underrated29
09-29-2008, 02:03 PM
WE BEAT OURSELVEs this last game. They didnt beat us.

how many times did we drop passes? i can remember atleast 5 or 6.

How many times did our players fall down and miss the pass or the play on defense? I can also think of about 4 or 5.

How many plays did we have that everything that could have gone wrong did?

ex. 3rd and real short- we call a screen- what happens? the line gave to early, jays pass was to high, the intended target slipped and fell down on his own accord completely taking him out of the play.

Jay will not be locking on to his targets again, you can bet shanny will beat that out of him.

Jay will also start to take what the defense gives him, instead of going for it all- shanny will also beat that out of him.

the rest has merit, but i doubt that any blue print that TB can come up with next week will help them slow us down. They could know what plays we are running and i still dont think it will do them good.

A big loss always brings you back down to earth. The whole team chumped not just a few individiuals. What is does is piss you off soo much that you will not lose your next game. Well in our case our whole team will be playing that way.

Tampa is good, and they were one of the teams i feared us playing, but now i dont think they will stand a chance.

dogfish
09-29-2008, 02:10 PM
the blueprint to beat us?

hope jay has an off day and our normally sure-handed receivers start dropping the rock. . .

Thnikkaman
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM

On OFFENSE:

Soft double Marshall.
Follow Jays eyes.. that will tip off anyone watching us where he is going with the ball..

ON DEF:

Run the ball..
Run the ball..

ST:

Come back next season. Kthxbye

honz
09-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Blueprint to beat us:

Want it more and play harder and better than the Broncos.

Blueprint for a Broncos win:

Play better than the team we are playing that Sunday.

Northman
09-29-2008, 02:44 PM
1. Not giving Anubis enough punt time

2. Not giving Anubis enough punt time

3. Not giving Anubis enough punt time.

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Blue Print:

Score more points than the Broncos. You win

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 05:02 PM
the blueprint to beat us?

hope jay has an off day and our normally sure-handed receivers start dropping the rock. . .

And you think LJ running the rock had nothing to do with them winning the game..

Jay can't throw the ball if he does not have it..

Now I did not see the first half so perhaps that was it but what I saw in the second half. Watching Jays eyes and being unable to stop the run is what lost that half.. IMHO

Shazam!
09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
This original 'blueprint' is the same for beating any team in the NFL.

The Broncos always have a problem with more physical teams. That's why they'll have a problem with Tampa, but moreso, with Jacksonville.

Denver has always been a finesse team. 9 out of 10 times when they play a physical team, they lose.

KC's lines are physical. They suck at outside positions, but up front they give the Broncos problems historically.

Time to think about next week anyway guys. A W next week and 4-1, we would've took a 4-1 start before the Season started.

Dallas lost, and I don't think the sky is falling in Texas.

Buff
09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
If I were opposing defenses I'd just double Brandon and dare the Broncos to run the ball.

Then if you possess any semblence of an offense whatsoever, there should be no problem moving the ball all day on our defense...

It's pretty clear at this point in the season that the Broncos will live and die by Jay Cutler's arm.

Tned
09-29-2008, 07:03 PM
And you think LJ running the rock had nothing to do with them winning the game..

Jay can't throw the ball if he does not have it..

Now I did not see the first half so perhaps that was it but what I saw in the second half. Watching Jays eyes and being unable to stop the run is what lost that half.. IMHO

If you didn't see the first half, that would explain you not understanding what happened.

First possesion, LJ breaks off a big run, but the defense forces a FG.

Denver gets the move, Royal catches a pass for 20 yards or so and a first down and fumbles the ball.

KC takes over, and LJ has one 8 yard run, but his other four runs vary from -3 to 3 yard gains, but David Bowe has one big catch against our rookie Williams. The defense buckles down, holds them to a field goal.

Next series the Broncos get a first down, but then after a short run an incomplete pass and the first sack of Jay of the season, punt. A 26 yard punt, I might add.

Next possession, the Broncos hold LJ to -1 yards on two rushes, but they complete a few passes, and the defenses holds them to a 48 yard field goal, and KC kicker misses.

Next Posesssion, the Broncos move the ball well and score a TD, up 7-6.

Next KC Posession, LJ runs for 7 yards on 3 plays, and Huard completes a few passes, but then KC punts the ball out of bounds and Denver gets the ball on their own 5.

Next Den Possession, Denver moves the ball with passes and runs from their own 5 to the 50. Denver tosses the ball to Marshall on a run play, Marshall has the ball (not bobbled on the toss) and then as he is running, he is hit and fumbles the ball and a KC player runs it back to the 2.

Next KC possession from the 2, they stop LJ on the first run attempt, he scores on the second, from the 1 yard line.

Next possession, the Broncos go into the shotgun, 2 minute drill and move the ball into the KC red zone, but then some innaccurate passes and the settle for a FG attempt from 28 yards and it is no good.

Next KC, Denver stops them 3 and out, calling their TO's to get the ball back, which they do with 35 seconds or so, Royal has a nice punt return to the KC 42.

Next Den from the 42, with 35 seconds and no TO's, They have a couple completions and a spiked ball, then a false start, and Prater kicks a 56 yarder.

That was the first half.

LJ had ONE big run for 65 yards on the opening series (which the Broncos D managed to hold them to a FG on) and then held LJ to 2.5 YPC on his other 11 carries of the first half.

Denver had two fumbles by their WR's (Royal and Marshall), giving KC great field position on both (the 2 yard line on one), and Prater missed a 24 yard FG.

On the Broncos 1st possession of the half, the score a FG, on their next two possession, Cutler threw INTs. One to a VERY covered Marshall (Cutler booting left, Marshall long and far right of the field and ball underthrown), when Scheffler was wide open ready to jog in for a TD up the middle of the field, which would have been an easy throw.

Without watching the game, and only looking at stats, it is easy to understand how you could be so far off base on what happened, but if not for the turnovers and the defense being on the field for as long as they were, then LJ wouldn't have started to break the big runs late. The offense and special teams laid and egg, while the defense actually came to play in this game. Something the score doesn't reflect, mostly due to the turnovers from the offense.

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Its amazing how a series of horrid miscues ruined the day. 3 turnovers in 4 possessions just kills your chances.

SR
09-29-2008, 07:52 PM
This thread is ridiculous.

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 09:31 PM
If you didn't see the first half, that would explain you not understanding what happened.

First possesion, LJ breaks off a big run, but the defense forces a FG.

Denver gets the move, Royal catches a pass for 20 yards or so and a first down and fumbles the ball.

KC takes over, and LJ has one 8 yard run, but his other four runs vary from -3 to 3 yard gains, but David Bowe has one big catch against our rookie Williams. The defense buckles down, holds them to a field goal.

Next series the Broncos get a first down, but then after a short run an incomplete pass and the first sack of Jay of the season, punt. A 26 yard punt, I might add.

Next possession, the Broncos hold LJ to -1 yards on two rushes, but they complete a few passes, and the defenses holds them to a 48 yard field goal, and KC kicker misses.

Next Posesssion, the Broncos move the ball well and score a TD, up 7-6.

Next KC Posession, LJ runs for 7 yards on 3 plays, and Huard completes a few passes, but then KC punts the ball out of bounds and Denver gets the ball on their own 5.

Next Den Possession, Denver moves the ball with passes and runs from their own 5 to the 50. Denver tosses the ball to Marshall on a run play, Marshall has the ball (not bobbled on the toss) and then as he is running, he is hit and fumbles the ball and a KC player runs it back to the 2.

Next KC possession from the 2, they stop LJ on the first run attempt, he scores on the second, from the 1 yard line.

Next possession, the Broncos go into the shotgun, 2 minute drill and move the ball into the KC red zone, but then some innaccurate passes and the settle for a FG attempt from 28 yards and it is no good.

Next KC, Denver stops them 3 and out, calling their TO's to get the ball back, which they do with 35 seconds or so, Royal has a nice punt return to the KC 42.

Next Den from the 42, with 35 seconds and no TO's, They have a couple completions and a spiked ball, then a false start, and Prater kicks a 56 yarder.

That was the first half.

LJ had ONE big run for 65 yards on the opening series (which the Broncos D managed to hold them to a FG on) and then held LJ to 2.5 YPC on his other 11 carries of the first half.

Denver had two fumbles by their WR's (Royal and Marshall), giving KC great field position on both (the 2 yard line on one), and Prater missed a 24 yard FG.

On the Broncos 1st possession of the half, the score a FG, on their next two possession, Cutler threw INTs. One to a VERY covered Marshall (Cutler booting left, Marshall long and far right of the field and ball underthrown), when Scheffler was wide open ready to jog in for a TD up the middle of the field, which would have been an easy throw.

Without watching the game, and only looking at stats, it is easy to understand how you could be so far off base on what happened, but if not for the turnovers and the defense being on the field for as long as they were, then LJ wouldn't have started to break the big runs late. The offense and special teams laid and egg, while the defense actually came to play in this game. Something the score doesn't reflect, mostly due to the turnovers from the offense.

Thanks for the run down of the first half..

I saw the second half and we got our asses kicked they moved the ball at will and had a few issues in the red zone but they scored IIRC each time except for one punt, they had the ball on our side of the field..

The only time we had any offense is when we went hurry up and we passed almost at will.. our running games was not consistent as far as I could see and Jay was forcing the ball..

Perhaps I missed something there but at the half IIRC it was 10-13.. and they out played us in the second half by 20 points less our three count them 3 FGs.

56crash
09-29-2008, 11:26 PM

On OFFENSE:

Soft double Marshall.

ON DEF:

Run the ball..
Run the ball..

ST:

Oh horse piss Jay need to make 2 throws don't make a moutain out of a moe hill . we have one of the best Olines in the NFL litghen the F### up !!!!!!!!!!

Tned
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM

I saw the second half and we got our asses kicked they moved the ball at will and had a few issues in the red zone but they scored IIRC each time except for one punt, they had the ball on our side of the field..

The only time we had any offense is when we went hurry up and we passed almost at will.. our running games was not consistent as far as I could see and Jay was forcing the ball..

Perhaps I missed something there but at the half IIRC it was 10-13.. and they out played us in the second half by 20 points less our three count them 3 FGs.

well, the defense played very well in the first half, with the exception of the early 65 yard run by LJ. The offense turning the ball over was the only problem in the first half.

There is no blueprint.

56crash
09-29-2008, 11:30 PM
People need to understand this is herm's fortay he is a CB and make no mistake he knows how to take advantage of a QB that always looks down field....

Now do you think Our coach cannot fix the idea that we might take what the D gives after this game has no Idea how pissed Shanahan is

56crash
09-29-2008, 11:33 PM

You sir are full of BS ! LOL

The D side never lost this game

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 11:33 PM
People need to understand this is herm's fortay he is a CB and make no mistake he knows how to take advantage of a QB that always looks down field....

Now do you think Our coach cannot fix the idea that we might take what the D gives after this game has no Idea how pissed Shanahan is

The problem is you keep putting this on Herm. It wasn't Herm at all that did this. It was Gunther Cunningham. One of the leagues D geniuses. He can put ANY defense into position to shut down a team. Its just the players have to make plays. Sunday they happened to do so.

I won't give any credit to Herm. I give it all to Gunther.

56crash
09-29-2008, 11:34 PM
bad field postion lost this game

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
bad field postion lost this game

You are very correct but Gunthers defense had a big part in dictating that field position.

56crash
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
The problem is you keep putting this on Herm. It wasn't Herm at all that did this. It was Gunther Cunningham. One of the leagues D geniuses. He can put ANY defense into position to shut down a team. Its just the players have to make plays. Sunday they happened to do so.

I won't give any credit to Herm. I give it all to Gunther.

ok you are right ....well not but yes not... herm the worm saved his job.:nixon:

who cares this should in the end make Cutler a little less the gun slinger ...

Shazam!
09-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Blueprint to beat Denver- The same blueprint since 2000.