PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Shockey?

cuzz4169
02-23-2011, 12:30 AM
We need a TE bad who can block and catch...He play's with fire and emotion, would love to see him and Tebow head butting after TD's.

I don't think he would command a lot of $ but jesus we are paying D. Graham a lot to suck. Cut Graham sign Shockey.

BORDERLINE
02-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Yeah Stone Hand Graham has to go....

the guy was a good TE at a point in time but now I just see him as a poor blocking TE with no ball skills....

I would like to see what Shockey would bring to the table...SB experience and Fire that's for sure...

sneakers
02-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Lol

Do we have to have one of these threads for every single free agent released?

cuzz4169
02-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Lol

hahahaha shit we have holes!! lol TE, DT & a S have been released all a position of need.

cuzz4169
02-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Yeah Stone Hand Graham has to go....

the guy was a good TE at a point in time but now I just see him as a poor blocking TE with no ball skills....

I would like to see what Shockey would bring to the table...SB experience and Fire that's for sure...

D. Graham makes 4mil+ a season....that's a joke.

Lonestar
02-23-2011, 02:34 AM
D. Graham makes 4mil+ a season....that's a joke.

name a starter that does not make 4 million a season

not many of them unless they are on cheap rookie contracts.

cuzz4169
02-23-2011, 02:39 AM
name a starter that does not make 4 million a season

not many of them unless they are on cheap rookie contracts.

I know that...but Graham was overpaid from the start...Never anything more but a blocking TE...find me one of those that's making 4mil.

Northman
02-23-2011, 03:44 AM
Frankly i would pass. He's injured way too often and really isnt even the main threat on the Saints.

cuzz4169
02-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Frankly i would pass. He's injured way too often and really isnt even the main threat on the Saints.

He plays 13 games a season...he's never really been a main threat on any team...just a solid player IMO.

What about Reggie Bush if saints cut him? Never been a huge fan of him....but I think we could use him more as a punt returner, he would also be a nice game breaker on offense for us. I don't think he would get a lot of money on the market.......Shit maybe he will....depends on how some teams value him.

Not saying I'd sign him, just wondering what other think.

BroncoStud
02-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Shockey beat up a douchebag I know at a stripbar one night a few years ago and took his girlfriend (a friend of mine) home with him. He's ok in my book.

He has health issues though but he's certainly an adequate TE when healthy.

SOCALORADO.
02-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Shockey beat up a douchebag I know at a stripbar one night a few years ago and took his girlfriend (a friend of mine) home with him. He's ok in my book.

He beat up a D-bag!?!?!?
That settles it. Sign him.

TXBRONC
02-23-2011, 09:10 AM
I might keep him in mind but I honestly I would look to the draft to fill that need. Shockey imho is like Bob Sanders in many ways. He has talent but he's also hurt a lot. If Denver re-signs Harris that's enough if risk right there. Having several players at key positions that have history of missing a lot of games due to injury seems be a disaster waiting to happen.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Lol

No shit.
Sneak, make a thread for "cut/injured players denver should get", and have it stickied.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Buff
02-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Way too many injury concerns. I'm pretty sure he has a degenerative knee condition that's never going to get better.

vandammage13
02-23-2011, 12:56 PM
No shit.
Sneak, make a thread for "cut/injured players denver should get", and have it stickied.

You guys are looking at it like he would be a long term solution....It wouldn't hurt to have him on the roster and see what you get for a year or two considering we have exactly 0 productive tight ends on the roster as of now. Obviously you would still draft a TE and sign Shockey for added depth. Let Shockey play 20-25 plays a game in passing situations until you can find a long term guy. Shockey would just be a stop-gap guy and really nothing would be invested in him at all.

vandammage13
02-23-2011, 01:02 PM
By the way...Shockey isn't as injury prone as some of you make him out to be. He's only missed 2 more games over the last 3 years then Champ Bailey has. Seems like no one had a problem re-signing him due to his "injury concerns."

Shockey's never had a season where he caught less than 41 passes in his entire career. He might be able to bring something to this team that we seriously lack....At least some production from the TE position. He's not a great TE anymore, but he's still pretty solid.

TXBRONC
02-23-2011, 01:05 PM
By the way...Shockey isn't as injury prone as some of you make him out to be. He's only missed 2 more games over the last 3 years then Champ Bailey has. Seems like no one had a problem re-signing him due to his "injury concerns."

It's a little different when it's one of your own.

lgenf
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I really don't think that Shockey has much left in the tank.

I would love to see him added to the roster, but I don't see him being an add for more then two years, and you still need to draft a younger impact TE

SOCALORADO.
02-23-2011, 04:11 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/720/932/93795924_display_image.jpg?1297646750

underrated29
02-23-2011, 04:20 PM

Wait a minute. Let me get this strait.

Shockey beat up a Doucher, and took his girlfriend home. But the girlfriend is a friend of yours. So shockey beat up your friends boyfriend?, or your friend and took his girlfriend? If its the latter, you are then friends with the doucher?

She must be a whore- no offense. But if I know a girl who is with a guy and he gets beat up in a strip club and she leaves him for the guy that beat him up, in a strip club. I am inclined to think slut.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
MLewis was tagged.

cuzz4169
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
MLewis was tagged.

yea saw that coming...coach's in jax believe he's best TE in NFL.

Northman
02-23-2011, 04:49 PM
He plays 13 games a season...he's never really been a main threat on any team...just a solid player IMO.

What about Reggie Bush if saints cut him? Never been a huge fan of him....but I think we could use him more as a punt returner, he would also be a nice game breaker on offense for us. I don't think he would get a lot of money on the market.......Shit maybe he will....depends on how some teams value him.

Not saying I'd sign him, just wondering what other think.

Oh, im not coming down on you for throwing it out there but im just not a huge fan of Shockey's. Early in his career he was a major threat to have but injuries i think have taken their tolls on him and i just cant see wasting a roster spot for him at this point in time. I see 2-3 TE's in this coming draft i would rather take a shot on at the moment.

cuzz4169
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Oh, im not coming down on you for throwing it out there but im just not a huge fan of Shockey's. Early in his career he was a major threat to have but injuries i think have taken their tolls on him and i just cant see wasting a roster spot for him at this point in time. I see 2-3 TE's in this coming draft i would rather take a shot on at the moment.

I agree, I like some TE's in the draft but with 6 picks do we take one?

Northman
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM

Weak sauce.

Champ is far more valuable and is a MUCH bigger impact than Shockey is. Sorry, i know you dig the guy but lets not be retarded here.

Northman
02-23-2011, 04:55 PM
I agree, I like some TE's in the draft but with 6 picks do we take one?

Depends where we are. If we trade down and gain some it could open up some possibilities. If we just happen to be in a round with Williams or Stocker and there's nothing else to really snag i might bite.

vandammage13
02-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Weak sauce.

Champ is far more valuable and is a MUCH bigger impact than Shockey is. Sorry, i know you dig the guy but lets not be retarded here.

Shockey also isn't going to be signed for 43 million like Bailey, so for the amount he can be signed for, its probably equal to Bailey in terms of value (dollar for dollar). He can be had for probably less than we are paying Daniel Graham. I'm not really in love with Shockey either, but for the right price I don't see the problem with renting his services for a year or two, while getting probably 12-13 games a season out of him with 40+ catches. There's still value there with him, just don't plan on not adding any depth behind him.

TXBRONC
02-23-2011, 11:13 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/720/932/93795924_display_image.jpg?1297646750

If SA has his way Denver will draft that tight end in the picture.

NightTerror218
02-25-2011, 06:41 PM
We need a TE bad who can block and catch...He play's with fire and emotion, would love to see him and Tebow head butting after TD's.

I don't think he would command a lot of $ but jesus we are paying D. Graham a lot to suck. Cut Graham sign Shockey.

I think we should atleast look at him. He was key in helping the saints win.
From what I hear Fox likes to run 2 TE formations and Shockey and a draft pick could be pretty sweet...then we can keep 1 of the other 3 we have now.