View Full Version : Signed Bailey for 4 more years via twitter

Crush05
02-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Just got a tweet from Elway. We just signed Champ for 4 more years!!!!:salute:

BroncoBJ
02-22-2011, 06:10 PM
:elefant: Good stuff.

Gotta love twitter. Good ole John Elway thrilled to announce. :rockon:

Now lets get a pass rush and help Bailey win a ring in Denver.

chazoe60
02-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Very good news. No sense creating another hole on a team full of them. The Elway regime is starting out amazingly well in my opinion.

rationalfan
02-22-2011, 06:17 PM
nice work broncos.

a related thought: the thing i'm most amazed with this offseason is how the broncos have been able to actually break news from the organization. so often, we hear news about a team through whatever media outlet days before the team announces it.

not sure if that means the broncos team has become tight-lipped or if the denver media covering the broncos is just lazy.

MileHighCrew
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Best news I have seen since......... McD fired

Way to go John, Champ is the best Bronco since, you!!

Crush05
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
nice work broncos.

A related thought: The thing i'm most amazed with this offseason is how the broncos have been able to actually break news from the organization. So often, we hear news about a team through whatever media outlet days before the team announces it.

Not sure if that means the broncos team has become tight-lipped or if the denver media covering the broncos is just lazy.

yes!!!

SpringsBroncoFan
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Great news!

Now I have to fix my mock draft! :shocked: :D

And figure out how to edit a post to fix a mistake??? :tsk:

vandammage13
02-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Good job by the FO....Now that Champ's deal is done lets get him some help this offseason.

GEM
02-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Great news!

Now I have to fix my mock draft! :shocked: :D

And figure out how to edit a post to fix a mistake??? :tsk:

I have the ability to edit anyone's post so I'm hoping it's the same for you as it is for me. Down in the right hand corner of the post, there should be an Edit button. Click on that and edit what you need to.

Good job, Broncos! :D

claymore
02-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Is his house still for sale?

Northman
02-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Sweet, now all the Peterson talk can end.

shank
02-22-2011, 06:31 PM
:sighofreliefpluschampchub:

SpringsBroncoFan
02-22-2011, 06:34 PM

:laugh:

SpringsBroncoFan
02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
I have the ability to edit anyone's post so I'm hoping it's the same for you as it is for me. Down in the right hand corner of the post, there should be an Edit button. Click on that and edit what you need to.

Good job, Broncos! :D

I found it, thanks... I'm blind... :cool:

dogfish
02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
just saw this. . . HELL motha****in' yes!

that's what i'm talkin' about. . . this city was STARVED for some good news on the sports front for once. . .

preach, brotha!

dogfish
02-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Is his house still for sale?

thinking about taking out a second job whoring on colfax and upgrading the residence?

UnderArmour
02-22-2011, 06:41 PM

Peterson talk does not end. The Broncos still have a need at safety and if Cam Newton is on the board, the Broncos could easily trade down with the Bengals or Cardinals and grab Peterson. Of course, even you'd have to be happy if the Broncos could rack up some more picks in a deep defensive class and we took Peterson at 4 or 5.

Northman
02-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Peterson talk does not end. The Broncos still have a need at safety and if Cam Newton is on the board, the Broncos could easily trade down with the Bengals or Cardinals and grab Peterson. Of course, even you'd have to be happy if the Broncos could rack up some more picks in a deep defensive class and we took Peterson at 4 or 5.

Added picks are nice. Taking a DB that "might" play safety when we have two young DB's already in the first round is terrible no matter how you slice it. I say again, Denver does not need Peterson as much as people want to clamor on about it. We have far deeper needs than some guy who "might" play safety. Its just sillyness to even consider it right now.

underrated29
02-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Or if everyone is soooo enamoured with peterson... Cut Dan grahm and his huge contract, cut/ trade Orton and now you have plenty of money to sign nmandi asmaghou.......Still then having the #2 overall pick.

Of course neither nmandi nor peterson should ever happen.

Northman
02-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Or if everyone is soooo enamoured with peterson... Cut Dan grahm and his huge contract, cut/ trade Orton and now you have plenty of money to sign nmandi asmaghou.......Still then having the #2 overall pick.

Of course neither nmandi nor peterson should ever happen.

Personally, i would stay with who we got. Maybe pick up a DB later in the draft but concentrate on the Dline and LB core. Fixed those areas first and that should alleviate some of the pressure on the secondary.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-22-2011, 07:06 PM
As it turned out, Champ Bailey probably took less than market value to stay with the Broncos.

The team and its star left cornerback reached an agreement today on a four-year, $43 million contract.

Bailey, who turns 33 in June, took a pay cut to stay. He will make a guaranteed $11 million this season, or $2 million less than the $13 million he made in 2010.

"The commitment and loyalty that Champ has shown to the Broncos, the city of Denver and this region is exemplary," stated John Elway, the Broncos' vice president of football operations, on Twitter.

Bailey also has $4 million of his 2012 money guaranteed for a total guarantee of $15 million.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17454037

BroncoBJ
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Damn imagine him on 1 side, and Peterson on the other. :elefant:

/sarcasm.

The Peterson talk won't ever end.

tomjonesrocks
02-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Well, the upshot of this is that Bailey will definitely go into the HOF as a Bronco.

Other than that, of all the top tier talent the team has bled out this one was the one I would have been most willing to accept. A CB just doesn't have a wins-and-losses-impact with so many talented QBs and receivers now.

Bailey leaving would have clearly pissed off fans so I wonder if this is rooted in PR motivation than anything. And WHY would Bailey want to stay? Clearly winning and playoffs are not the most important thing to this man.

underrated29
02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Personally, i would stay with who we got. Maybe pick up a DB later in the draft but concentrate on the Dline and LB core. Fixed those areas first and that should alleviate some of the pressure on the secondary.

hell yeah we should stay put. Goody is really good when he is not injured. We need to seriously though, cut graham. Between FA and the draft we need S, MLB, DE,DT, TE and RT....

I think with our low salary, and relief from cutting lose graham. We can obtain an above average ORT and TE in FA, possibly a S too. Then go after DE,DT, MLB in the draft. Which can be filled all before the 3rd round.

No Nnamdi, NO PETERSON, NO NUKES!

KCL
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Good...now maybe the Orton threads will die...must die...kill those
Orton threads....:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Well, the upshot of this is that Bailey will definitely go into the HOF as a Bronco.

Other than that, of all the top tier talent the team has bled out this one was the one I would have been most willing to accept. A CB just doesn't have a wins-and-losses-impact with so many talented QBs and receivers now.

Bailey leaving would have clearly pissed off fans so I wonder if this is rooted in PR motivation than anything. And WHY would Bailey want to stay? Clearly winning and playoffs are not the most important thing to this man.

Because last year, when the Broncos pulled the offer off the table, Champ said he WANTED to stay in Denver - he loves Denver - he WANTED to finish his career here.

Tempus Fugit
02-22-2011, 07:34 PM
I wonder how much of the contract Bailey's actually expected to see.

PAINTERDAVE
02-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Awesome news... this solidifies our focus in the draft.

With the uncertainty around FA in this crazy lockout year...
this is the best move the team could make.

How about Champ for being a standup guy and just quietly
going about his business and getting the deal done? Ya gotta love it.

I guess he really DID want to play with Tebow....
he put his money where his mouth is.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
02-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Thank ******* god! Glad it's finally done and Champ will retire a Bronco!

Timmy!
02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Awesome.

dogfish
02-22-2011, 07:45 PM
And WHY would Bailey want to stay? Clearly winning and playoffs are not the most important thing to this man.

damn, that is seriously unfair. . . :lol:

if the guy left for more money people would call him a mercenary-- he stays, and his desire to win is questioned. . . talk about your no-win situation. . .

mayabe he wants to stay here because the concept of loyalty isn't completely dead in the sports world-- maybe he wants to stay because he's the kind of man that wants to start what he finishes, even if it is the harder road. . . IMO, all these athletes wanting to join "super teams" are the ones that lack competitive fire-- sure, they crave the ego boost of winning, but that doesn't mean they're truly competitive. . . a true competitior will lay it all on the line regardless the odds, and not worry about who he's lining up with. . .

for example, see john elway-- he never tried to flee to the NFC because it was just too darn hard to win from the AFC, and he wanted a super team to win his title for him. . .

champ's lived here for years, it's his home and he's probably comfortable here. . . i don't think it's a bit fair to cast aspersions on his drive to win just because he wants to stay and try to be part of building something in an organization and community that's been good to him over the years-- just the opposite, as far as i'm concerned. . . i find it damn refreshing that he'd rather continue to play here than chase a championship somewhere else as an add-on, or hold out for every last dollar. . . he sacrificed a chance to possibly maximize his pay check on the open market to stay here, and i for one appreciate the hell out of him for it. . . in a world of spoiled athletes, the guy has always been a consummate pro and earned his money. . . he's a true class act. . .

Ravage!!!
02-22-2011, 07:48 PM

Yeup... Noooooo problem

PAINTERDAVE
02-22-2011, 07:50 PM
I gotta think Fox had a lot to do with this... Champ wanted to stay and be part of the new era Fox-led Broncos...

nevcraw
02-22-2011, 07:54 PM
awesome news!!! Class player and class VP to help rebuild a class team..

PAINTERDAVE
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Some Champ footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74qajrx4b4

Love the look on Belicheks face....

nevcraw
02-22-2011, 08:11 PM
http://twitter.com/johnelway

Brian was instrumental in making sure coffee was hot, pens had ink, and doors were opened. we could not have used conference room 10A without him.
half a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone
The commitment and loyalty that Champ has shown to the Broncos, the city of Denver and this region is exemplary.
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone
Champ is truly one of the NFL's elite players, a 10-time Pro Bowler who is playing at the absolute highest level.
5 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

pnbronco
02-22-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17454037

I am so happy about this, just heard it on the radio. So glad it's over and that he is the total class act he always has been.

Oh and why would he stay? He has made Denver his home and has deep ties with several charities in the area. He does a lot of work that never gets reported on TV but he puts his time where his heart is. We are lucky as a community to keep him......:elefant:

BroncoJoe
02-22-2011, 08:42 PM
:2thumbs:

JDL
02-22-2011, 08:59 PM

They have surprisingly little to do with one another.

1) Drafting for need is a horrible idea
2) Peterson can play CB or S and Bailey is eventually moving to safety... they really compliment one another (either Peterson is an all-pro safety and Champ stays at CB longer than anticipated or Peterson starts off as 3rd CB, then replaces Goodman, then becomes primary shutdown CB when Bailey moves to S.. simple no?)
3) Bowers has been killing his value
4) Fairley may go #1

So what, take a lower rated prospect? Anyway... my point is only that they really won't affect much in the draft.

Great news!!!

gobroncsnv
02-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Just hope that Champ had them put a clause in the contract that we'd get him some help with the front 7. He's spoken numerous times about the importance of that. But really glad to see that he'll be back with us. This is just darn cool!

BORDERLINE
02-22-2011, 09:02 PM
yeah finally great job FO for gettin this done!!!!!

Champ will retire a Bronco and go into the Hall a Denver Bronco

JDL
02-22-2011, 09:04 PM
BTW -

Safety importance? 4 of last 10 DPOY have been Safeties only 2 have been DL.

Woodson (Bal), Polamalu, Reed(NoSb), Lynch, Atwater, Sharper, B. Sanders, Lott, Dawkins(lost)... have all played huge roles on very very good Super Bowl teams... Ed Reed I don't think has made it, but certainly deserves mention....

Point.. don't underestimate importance of Safety, whether Bailey or someone else.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Shit Yeah!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better Birthday present! Thanks Pat, John, Brian and most of all, CHAMP!!!

:beer:

Agent of Orange
02-22-2011, 09:43 PM
BTW -

Woodson (Bal), Polamalu, Reed(NoSb), Lynch, Atwater, Sharper, B. Sanders, Lott, Dawkins(lost)... have all played huge roles on very very good Super Bowl teams... Ed Reed I don't think has made it, but certainly deserves mention....

Point.. don't underestimate importance of Safety, whether Bailey or someone else.

Your point is moot because practically all the safeties you listed played on teams with a strong front 7.

Dreadnought
02-22-2011, 09:47 PM
I gotta think Fox had a lot to do with this... Champ wanted to stay and be part of the new era Fox-led Broncos...

I was thinking the same. Fox is a class act all the way, and I suspect the kind of guy Champ can respect and still enjoy playing the game for. Plus all other factors listed before.

TXBRONC
02-22-2011, 09:51 PM

No shit. :cool:

Medford Bronco
02-22-2011, 09:54 PM

We need a pass rush. The best secondary in history would have struggled with that pathetic pass rush of last year

TXBRONC
02-22-2011, 09:57 PM
We need a pass rush. The best secondary in history would have struggled with that pathetic pass rush of last year

I'm just glad they got this done because this didn't need another hole to fill.

Traveler
02-22-2011, 10:06 PM

Boo!:mad:

silkamilkamonico
02-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Yes please say no to Peterson.

He will not be an NFL shut down CB.

PAINTERDAVE
02-22-2011, 11:56 PM
yeah finally great job FO for gettin this done!!!!!

Champ will retire a Bronco and go into the Hall a Denver Bronco

... with a ring.

rationalfan
02-23-2011, 12:42 AM
most interesting tidbit from the denver post article: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17454037

"I thought about that. I thought about being on the market but all in all, it didn't really take me to forgive them. There's new people in charge there. I know I could have got something worked out once Josh McDaniels left. And things did work out didn't they?"

hmmm. i've been one of the few mcd supporters, but this, assuming it's true, clearly illustrates mcd was losing it. unless, he's smarter than everyone else on the planet ...

BroncoWave
02-23-2011, 01:01 AM
most interesting tidbit from the denver post article: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17454037

"I thought about that. I thought about being on the market but all in all, it didn't really take me to forgive them. There's new people in charge there. I know I could have got something worked out once Josh McDaniels left. And things did work out didn't they?"

hmmm. i've been one of the few mcd supporters, but this, assuming it's true, clearly illustrates mcd was losing it. unless, he's smarter than everyone else on the planet ...

I wonder what Bosco and JR have to say.

BORDERLINE
02-23-2011, 01:10 AM
... with a ring.

DON'T JINX IT!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just Kiddin, We Can Only HOPE;)

dogfish
02-23-2011, 02:05 AM

sweet, maybe now that dumbass claytard can actually like champ. . .

:laugh:

Northman
02-23-2011, 03:39 AM
BTW -

And yet all of them had playmakers on the DLine. Who would of thunk it? :lol:

Northman
02-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Your point is moot because practically all the safeties you listed played on teams with a strong front 7.

Pwned.

Juriga72
02-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Just looking at this years Pats team... look at what happend when Brady sat there untouched all day.

He puts 45 on the JETS, 41 on the Dolphins, 36 on the Bears...

WHEN pressured CLEVELAND.....beats them 34-14 ( 6 sacks)

BroncoStud
02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
No shit. :cool:

Peterson would still be BY FAR the best Safety on this roster and we need a Safety BADLY. I think Denver should still draft him even if it's to play #2 and put Parrish in the Nickel or Dime and as a returner.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I wonder how much of the contract Bailey's actually expected to see. Well, he saw all of his last one, and it made him the highest pd non-qb at the time, iirc.
M&M just reported its $22m guaranteed..... :shrugs:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Awesome news... this solidifies our focus in the draft.

With the uncertainty around FA in this crazy lockout year...
this is the best move the team could make.

How about Champ for being a standup guy and just quietly
going about his business and getting the deal done? Ya gotta love it.

I guess he really DID want to play with Tebow....
he put his money where his mouth is. Wow! I never imagined a Champ thread could/would get Tebowized!

TXBRONC
02-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Peterson would still be BY FAR the best Safety on this roster and we need a Safety BADLY. I think Denver should still draft him even if it's to play #2 and put Parrish in the Nickel or Dime and as a returner.

Yeah we need defensive back help badly but we need defensive line worse. Besides that you can find solid defensive back help deep into the draft defensive line not so much. We don't need another return specialist we already have several players with KO/PR skills.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I wonder what Bosco and JR have to say.

About what? As Top would point out, a couple sentences are being taken out of a conversation without the full context. Was he then asked 'what do you mean by the JM comment, champ?'?
We've already been told by numerous people in the know (supposedly) that it was ellis/bowlen who pulled the offer last october.
But let's revise history yet again, so another thread can get sidetracked.
:tsk:

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah we need defensive back help badly but we need defensive line worse. Besides that you can find solid defensive back help deep into the draft defensive line not so much. We don't need another return specialist we already have several players with KO/PR skills.
You originally made mention to not drafting a S in the Top 5.
When was eric berry picked?

chazoe60
02-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey RC, do you actually have an opinion of your own or do you just enjoy bashing other people's? Just curious.

TXBRONC
02-23-2011, 10:55 AM

You originally made mention to not drafting a S in the Top 5.
When was eric berry picked?

Where Berry was picked last year has nothing to do with my post.

Also I explained why I wouldn't take Peterson with the number 2 pick.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey RC, do you actually have an opinion of your own or do you just enjoy bashing other people's? Just curious.

I leave" bashing" to the likes of you. I question.
/conversation

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Where Berry was picked last year has nothing to with my post.

Also I explained why I wouldn't take Peterson with the number 2 pick..
Never said you did make mention of berry.
You deleted your 1st sentence to which I made my reply.
I see you're still being 'swarky', so nevermind my question.
/conversation
:coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2011, 11:19 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The opportunity to test the open market in free agency is a commodity that many NFL players envy. Having 32 teams vie for your services -- and wage a bidding war -- tends to make a player feel good.

The prospect was "tempting," as Champ Bailey put it.

But when it came down to it, the 10-time Pro Bowler knew all along where he wanted to be.

"I feel like I'm a Denver native," Bailey said. "I'm not from here, but it feels good here. I feel like I'm home. That played a big part in my decision to stay, because I want to help make this city proud."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/At-Home/f74ff3e7-19c8-4a1f-b336-43c628a330b9

TXBRONC
02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Never said you did make mention of berry.
You deleted your 1st sentence to which I made my reply.
I see you're still being 'swarky', so nevermind my question.
/conversation
:coffee:

Nothing I posted was meant to be snarky.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2011, 11:27 AM
All right, John Elway. Now let's see what you can do about that defensive front seven.

As a Bronco, Elway is on a 14-year hot streak. He won the Super Bowl in his final two seasons as a Denver quarterback. Then, after a 12-year hiatus, Elway returned to run the Broncos' front office.

On Tuesday, in his first major player personnel decision, Elway re-signed star cornerback Champ Bailey to a four-year contract worth $43 million.

"It's still about whether you win on the field," Elway said. "No one knows that better than I do."

All along, Elway wanted Bailey back. But for the sake of unity, Elway had to allow new head coach John Fox and new defensive coordinator Dennis Allen to watch film and reach their own conclusions.

"Going through those meetings with what everybody had said about Champ and what I knew about Champ, he was a guy we wanted to keep in the building," Elway said. "He's still a great player. He's the best player on our football team right now and we couldn't lose him."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17456917

TXBRONC
02-23-2011, 11:32 AM

I think the re-signing of Champ could very well mean that Elway, Fox, and Xanders are looking to draft either Fairley or Dareus.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks carol.
hopefully other FA's will follow suit and check fox n co out.

I keep hearing different #s on the contract. Latest is 4/$43-47m with $22m guaranteed.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Very good article:

http://den.scout.com/2/1050458.html

silkamilkamonico
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Wow! I never imagined a Champ thread could/would get Tebowized!

If it wasn't for Tim Tebow we would no longer have an organization in Denver.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 01:42 PM

Uh oh.....this could turn into a chuck norris thread real fast!
:lol:

In fact, you're absolutely correct, silk. Its already been said that denver is no longer a cow town. I'm just waiting now for them to announce the new home of the Western Stock Show and Rodeo.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Very good article:

http://den.scout.com/2/1050458.html

Good find, carol. His paragraph about the coaches was perplexing and confusing, and going from" closer than people think" to 'not knowing what they have' was cornfusing, but I for one am happy they got this done and didn't create yet another hole to fill.
It is funny, though, how he side-stepped the house situation. Did his agent play everybody as a fool? Lol

dogfish
02-23-2011, 02:35 PM

JFC, and people think i'm a pessimist?

that was one of the silliest exaggerations in the history of the interwebs. . .

finish in the bottom five one ****ing year and now you're making us one of the worst organizations in the history of sports. . . :lol:

drama much?

KCL
02-23-2011, 02:39 PM

finish in the bottom five one ****ing year and now you're making us one of the worst organizations in the history of sports. . . :lol:

drama much?

Well Denver did finish last in the division and did lose to the Raiders
both times.

Oh wait.....:lol:

dogfish
02-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Well Denver did finish last in the division and did lose to the Raiders
both times.

Oh wait.....:lol:

no one's denying that we suck right now, but one year at the bottom of the league doesn't make us some black hole of fail that the commish is eying for contraction. . . :rolleyes:

look at how many times the faiders and lions have picked in the top ten recently-- and neither of them's been kicked out of the league, so i think we're probably safe for another year or so anyway. . .

knowhati'msayin'?

ydave77
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM

drama much?

I'm thinking he forget to hit his sarcasm smiley...has to be a joke...

As for Baily great news, in that he signed such a team friendly deal
PFT said its basically just 11 mill guaranteed. And for all intents and purposes we can easily get out at 2 yrs-22million, without paying the last 2 years if his play slips.
I couldnt imagine a more favorable outcome.

KCL
02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
no one's denying that we suck right now, but one year at the bottom of the league doesn't make us some black hole of fail that the commish is eying for contraction. . . :rolleyes:

look at how many times the faiders and lions have picked in the top ten recently-- and neither of them's been kicked out of the league, so i think we're probably safe for another year or so anyway. . .

knowhati'msayin'?

Just messing with you dog...and I thought maybe you'd pick up my joke on the Raiders comment.

lgenf
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I am glad it is finally done, and to add a feather in the cap I am glad it was done quietly, no clammering in the media by either side.

I do think it points to a D Line pick in the No 2 spot for us, just because the talent that this draft has and the clear need of serious help we need on D.

I still think we need to pick up a TE in FA that can catch not just block, because I think TT had proven with Hernandez at UF that a good catching TE is a great add to his game and really opens things up on roll outs and when plays breakdown.

I would be D heavy in this draft now that Champ is locked up! Build the D, McD had an eye for offense, so my guess is that some of our O picks from years past may pay off when they have a chance to.

silkamilkamonico
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM

drama much?

JFC, exaggerate much? We are hardly one of the worst organizations in sports, that is just a terrible exaggeration.

rcsodak
02-23-2011, 04:24 PM

drama much?

Lol
Hope you didn't blow a nut, in that climactic scene.

Lonestar
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
About what? As Top would point out, a couple sentences are being taken out of a conversation without the full context. Was he then asked 'what do you mean by the JM comment, champ?'?
We've already been told by numerous people in the know (supposedly) that it was ellis/bowlen who pulled the offer last october.
But let's revise history yet again, so another thread can get sidetracked.
:tsk:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumsThanks

For saving me typing on the iPhone.
You nailed it.

BeefStew25
02-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Mcd. Really was. A total. Homo.

bcbronc
02-23-2011, 11:31 PM
no way McDaniels was a total homo. way to arrogant and self-centered to ever play bottom.

Bullgator
02-24-2011, 01:50 AM
I gotta say it greatly helps our chances to get to the playoffs. Grats guys.

TXBRONC
02-24-2011, 07:36 AM
no way McDaniels was a total homo. way to arrogant and self-centered to ever play bottom.

Do you have intimate knowledge of this? :suspicious:

J/K

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Mcd. Really was. A total. Homo.

Horrible reproduction

Day1BroncoFan
02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
This is great news. :elefant:

cuzz4169
02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
wow Stanford Routt got 3yrs 31.5 mill 20mill guaranteed. So signing champ to what he got was solid...bc Routt can't hold champ's jock on his best day....but it is the raiders they overpay everyone.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Champ made up his mind on the Broncos after a 45-minute closed-door meeting with John Fox. He came out of that meeting SOLD.

http://twitter.com/viclombardi

nevcraw
02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
http://twitter.com/viclombardi

had that meeting been held with McD Champ would have sold all his houses, cars clothes and dvd collection and taken the 1st plane out of town. Fact.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Cute picture on link

As Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey broke from a group Thursday with an autographed football tucked under his arm, onlookers at Invesco Field cried for 98-year-old Alta Wadsack to tackle him.

The spry Wadsack, a life-long Broncos fan, was right on Bailey's heels but instead of bringing the all-pro to the turf, she smiled radiantly and hugged him.

It was a dream come true for Wadsack, thanks to friends, family, Bailey, the Denver Broncos and Jeremy Bloom's Wish of a Lifetime foundation.

"I've been wanting to meet him," Wadsack said of her favorite player. "How do you get to meet a football player?"

For Wadsack — who catches every Denver Broncos game on television while wearing a Bailey jersey — her dream came true when Bailey, dressed in blue jeans, white tennis shoes and a button-up dress shirt, casually approached her.

An initially stunned Wadsack hugged Bailey who stooped down to hug back.

"I watch you every game," Wadsack told him smiling.

"I love that, thank you," Bailey said. "I need the support."

Bailey presented Wadsack with an autographed football, a Denver Broncos blanket and a miniature, collectible Broncos helmet.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17474229