PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tebow interview

titan
02-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Read it here:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-gators/2011-02-21/story/qa-tim-tebow-his-autobiography-competing-be-starter

Excerpt:

How do you feel about the progress you made in your first season with the Broncos? What did you learn most from your three starts?

My rookie year was huge for me as far as the learning curve, especially those last three games. It was just so much different than practice, especially the ones where I was watching [Orton] go through all the reads. I’m just glad I finally got a chance to do it myself in live game situations. There’s a lot of things that go into scoring touchdowns and leading your team. It’s not just the game itself, but going back and studying tape to pick apart everything I did. It’s nice to have something to go on, doing it full speed in a game situation.

How is your relationship with Orton and has it changed any since you’re now viewed as more of a threat to be the starter?

We have a good working relationship. It’s something where I always rooted for him. Every day was a competition, trying to work and improve. We tried to push each other to get better. I always hope he does his best because that’ll help the Broncos. It’s been a while since we’ve been around each other. We don’t really talk or text each other that much, but I’d say it’s a healthy working relationship.

Even if Orton stays in Denver and the Broncos are willing to let you two duel for the starting job, do you feel you’re far enough along with your mechanics and understanding of the offense to win it?

I feel that I’m definitely ready to compete for it. I’m excited for that challenge. I’ve worked extremely hard this offseason. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to lead this team and try to win games. I don’t feel like it’s even close from last year to where I am now. In fact, it’s not even close to where I am now from the end of last season. I’m much more prepared.

BroncoStud
02-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Topscribe in 3..2..1..

T.K.O.
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
i like the kid's confidence !!!!!!!

"I’m looking forward to the opportunity to lead this team and try to win games. I don’t feel like it’s even close from last year to where I am now. In fact, it’s not even close to where I am now from the end of last season. I’m much more prepared. "

ruh roh K.O. looks like your bench bound ! Tebow's gonna do what Tebow does....prove the doubter's wrong !:beer:

honz
02-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Wow, he sounds really cocky. Is he going to go Brandon Marshall on us?

T.K.O.
02-21-2011, 07:15 PM

sounded like he was letting kyle down easy to me ?:lol:

BroncoStud
02-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Sounds confident to me. Don't know about you but I prefer the QB of my team to have confidence. Hopefully we won't see anymore fainting goat sacks at the Denver QB position.

BroncoStud
02-21-2011, 07:31 PM

Yeah, he's slipped on a McDonalds bag and destroyed the nerves in his dominant hand, or he punted a football after catching it, or he beat up his girlfriend, or he doesn't know who Shannon Sharpe is...

Marshall is a dirtbag, Tebow is just being confident, as he should.

cuzz4169
02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
You know I've watched him for 6 yrs now and to hear him say:

"I feel that I’m definitely ready to compete for it. I’m excited for that challenge. I’ve worked extremely hard this offseason. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to lead this team and try to win games. I don’t feel like it’s even close from last year to where I am now. In fact, it’s not even close to where I am now from the end of last season. I’m much more prepared"

When Tebow talks about himself he is always honest. When he has something to say he's not blowing smoke up your butt. So this is a good thing that he thinks he's ready....If he thought he wasn't ready he would say it.

cuzz4169
02-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Tebow 2011 stats: 3400yds passing, 24TD passing, 13Ints, 568rush yds, 13 rushing TDs....breaks NFL record of 12....you heard it here first Ms. Cleo told me lol

Lonestar
02-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah,

Marshall is a dirtbag,should.

Finally something we can agree on.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Bullgator
02-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Tebow 2011 stats: 3400yds passing, 24TD passing, 13Ints, 568rush yds, 13 rushing TDs....breaks NFL record of 12....you heard it here first Ms. Cleo told me lol

That sounds about right but I'm guessing 700+ rushing yards

BroncoStud
02-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Tim Tebow rushing for 700 yards is not in the best interest of this team. I am thinking somewhere around 300 sounds a lot better and 3,000 yards passing.

PAINTERDAVE
02-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Explain about the Tim Tebow Foundation and the causes/charities that are most important to you?

Tim:

It’s not something I just attach my name to and ask somebody to go do it for the publicity. I care about administering to the kids. My No. 1 heart is with orphans. The foundation supports 600 orphans in different places around the world. That’s what I want to do for a long time and make it bigger. I want to support kids that not a lot of people believe in. Give them an opportunity to do good in school, play sports and get scholarships. Timmy’s Playroom at Shands Hospital [in Gainesville] was built through foundation funding. That’s very exciting. Helping kids stuck in a hospital for a long time, and have players come in from Florida or elsewhere to hang out with. It’s a room to help them get away from everything they’re going through and creates a better day for him. Sometimes, we try to find a family or group of kids and maybe bring them to Disney World. We’ll partner with different boys and girls clubs. Even though I can’t go to Shands like I did when I was at Florida, I could leave a little piece of me with that playroom. I remember going there my junior year of college and thinking of how they could be given a brighter day. It’s kind of like Make A Wish, just trying to put a smile on their face. I want to do that for the rest of my life. I have more love for doing that than winning games or scoring touchdowns. I want to use my connections with coaches, players, celebrities, whomever, and if I can take that friendshhip and use it to help someone else, I’m going to take advantage of that. I’m not going to apologize for that.

This kid is a real class act..... such a refreshing change from some of the the thugs we've had to put up with.

He reminds me of Eddie Mac... another great, class act. You just KNEW that Ed would never end up on the police blotter.

Tim's focus is inspiring me...
I am looking into doing some volunteering perhaps...
gotta find the right situation.
I've been talking with one organization's co-ordinator...
Right now they are kinda busy, have not gotten back to me...
we'll see what happens.

So far it is just an idea.... gotta follow through for it to be reality.

cuzz4169
02-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Tim Tebow rushing for 700 yards is not in the best interest of this team. I am thinking somewhere around 300 sounds a lot better and 3,000 yards passing.

300 Tebow will do that running backwards!!! I have no problem with him running for 500+yards as long as he's smart about it.

here's QB's who ran for 300+ yards this yr:
Aaron Rodgers-356
Josh Freeman-364
Michael Vick-676

Right around that Vick # is perfect, as long as he's smart I'm all for it. I think he did a nice job in the last 2 games knowing when to duck out of bounds.

Lonestar
02-22-2011, 01:33 AM
Like the kid hope he is smart enough to run only when he has to, improves his delivery, reading defences and accuracy.

A natural leader and great person something we have lacked for a few years.

bcbronc
02-22-2011, 02:45 AM
I have more love for doing that than winning games or scoring touchdowns.

so much for all that talk about Tebow's laser focus on becoming a better QB.

:tsk:

PAINTERDAVE
02-22-2011, 11:33 AM
so much for all that talk about Tebow's laser focus on becoming a better QB.

:tsk:

Are you joking?

Tebow said -
"I feel that I’m definitely ready to compete for it. I’m excited for that challenge. I’ve worked extremely hard this offseason. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to lead this team and try to win games. I don’t feel like it’s even close from last year to where I am now. In fact, it’s not even close to where I am now from the end of last season. I’m much more prepared. "

Yeah.. I guess if a guy has integrity and a heart, wants to dedicate his life to helping orphans...
has a good perspective about priorities in life...

he probably wont be as a good an NFL QB as, say, Ben Rapelisberger who loves to party with unwilling women. :confused:

rcsodak
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
More like Tony Sheffler.....behind the scenes and quick.

rcsodak
02-22-2011, 11:48 AM
You know I've watched him for 6 yrs now and to hear him say:

"I feel that I’m definitely ready to compete for it. I’m excited for that challenge. I’ve worked extremely hard this offseason. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to lead this team and try to win games. I don’t feel like it’s even close from last year to where I am now. In fact, it’s not even close to where I am now from the end of last season. I’m much more prepared"

When Tebow talks about himself he is always honest. When he has something to say he's not blowing smoke up your butt. So this is a good thing that he thinks he's ready....If he thought he wasn't ready he would say it.

And to think that just 7wks or so ago he was quoted as saying 'he still had alot to learn/improve on'.
At This pace....... :eek

rcsodak
02-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Explain about the Tim Tebow Foundation and the causes/charities that are most important to you?

Tim:

It’s not something I just attach my name to and ask somebody to go do it for the publicity. I care about administering to the kids. My No. 1 heart is with orphans. The foundation supports 600 orphans in different places around the world. That’s what I want to do for a long time and make it bigger. I want to support kids that not a lot of people believe in. Give them an opportunity to do good in school, play sports and get scholarships. Timmy’s Playroom at Shands Hospital was built through foundation funding. That’s very exciting. Helping kids stuck in a hospital for a long time, and have players come in from Florida or elsewhere to hang out with. It’s a room to help them get away from everything they’re going through and creates a better day for him. Sometimes, we try to find a family or group of kids and maybe bring them to Disney World. We’ll partner with different boys and girls clubs. Even though I can’t go to Shands like I did when I was at Florida, I could leave a little piece of me with that playroom. I remember going there my junior year of college and thinking of how they could be given a brighter day. It’s kind of like Make A Wish, just trying to put a smile on their face. I want to do that for the rest of my life. I have more love for doing that than winning games or scoring touchdowns. I want to use my connections with coaches, players, celebrities, whomever, and if I can take that friendshhip and use it to help someone else, I’m going to take advantage of that. I’m not going to apologize for that.

This kid is a real class act..... such a refreshing change from some of the the thugs we've had to put up with.

He reminds me of Eddie Mac... another great, class act. You just KNEW that Ed would never end up on the police blotter.

Tim's focus is inspiring me...
I am looking into doing some volunteering perhaps...
gotta find the right situation.
I've been talking with one organization's co-ordinator...
Right now they are kinda busy, have not gotten back to me...
we'll see what happens.

So far it is just an idea.... gotta follow through for it to be reality.

Uhoh. Scoring td's/winning games is not important to the possible strting qb?
I'm saving that.
[i]Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Rc there will always be detractors or haters , for some it is because he is not John, jay, or Payton.

For some because he is not a thug but a God fearing kid with morales. That football is not everything in his life n

rcsodak
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
300 Tebow will do that running backwards!!! I have no problem with him running for 500+yards as long as he's smart about it.

Aaron Rodgers-356
Josh Freeman-364
Michael Vick-676

Right around that Vick # is perfect, as long as he's smart I'm all for it. I think he did a nice job in the last 2 games knowing when to duck out of bounds.

Vick>TT
Rogers>TT
Freeman>TT

He's also the slowest of the bunch.

Not hatin', just remindin'.

vandammage13
02-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Vick>TT
Rogers>TT
Freeman>TT

He's also the slowest of the bunch.

Not hatin', just remindin'.

Right now those guys are better...Tim hasn't been around that long. He can get to that level though.

As far as the speed thing, he might not have the top speed, but he gets from 0-60 very quickly. Quickness translates more in football than top speed does. Very rarely are you in the open field where top speed comes in to play (Unless you are a WR or DB). Did you see the shuttle and cone drills Tebow did in the combine? He had the fastest times of all QBs. Those are more accurate evaluations of athleticism in football. Of course, you are ignoring the fact that he ran for 199 yards and 3 TDs in just 3 starts.

So he might be slower (although I would contend with pads on, in-game speed, he's faster than Rodgers and Freeman), but he's more efficient running the ball already than those guys. With more experience he will catch Freeman and Vick in passing skills (Probably never get to the passing level of Rodgers).

So saying he's not as good as those guys right now isn't that big of a deal since he's only started 3 games. No one in there right mind would expect him to be on their level yet....But he will get there.

PAINTERDAVE
02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I am amazed... the guy makes a statement about his passion for helping orphans... and the haters come out of the woodwork.

The kid LOVES the game... is doing everything he can to be as good as he can at it... details all that in the same interview...

but since he ALSO has a grasp of what is important in life as well...
an understanding about how celebrities are in a unique position to help orphans...

since he has heart and soul... it is a cause for these acrimonious posts?

Amazing.

----

"Kindness is a virtue, integrity counts, and sincerety matters."
~ Painter Dave

bcbronc
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Are you joking?

Tebow said -
"I feel that I’m definitely ready to compete for it. I’m excited for that challenge. I’ve worked extremely hard this offseason. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to lead this team and try to win games. I don’t feel like it’s even close from last year to where I am now. In fact, it’s not even close to where I am now from the end of last season. I’m much more prepared. "

Yeah.. I guess if a guy has integrity and a heart, wants to dedicate his life to helping orphans...
has a good perspective about priorities in life...

he probably wont be as a good an NFL QB as, say, Ben Rapelisberger who loves to party with unwilling women. :confused:

look Dave, don't get mad at me that you made Tebow out to be something he's not.

you told us too many times to count that Tebow has this laser focus and he'll be doing nothing all offseason but becoming a better QB. then off he goes to Las Vegas of all places.

now, we find out football's not even his true passion. All football is to Tebow is a means to an end, with the end being his foundation.

I'm passing no judgement on his foundation, good or bad, but just commenting that your (and others') claims that Tebow is all football all the time is simply a lie.

Hopefully when Tebow runs into some obstacles while trying to becoming a real NFL QB, he doesn't pack it in and decide the frustration isn't worth it. After all, football will be taking him away from his foundation, which is his true passion. I wouldn't think any less of Tebow if he walked away next year to live a quite life, out of the lime-light, dedicated to serving God and helping children. But that won't help bring Superbowls to Denver.

I am amazed... the guy makes a statement about his passion for helping orphans... and the haters come out of the woodwork.

The kid LOVES the game... is doing everything he can to be as good as he can at it... details all that in the same interview...

an understanding about how celebrities are in a unique position to help orphans...

Amazing.

----

~ Painter Dave

KCL
02-22-2011, 03:23 PM
I have to admire TT that he thinks of people who are less fortunate than he is.There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I don't see where that takes away from him striving to be a good athlete.

Sounds like some on here are taking that comment the wrong way.

Juriga72
02-22-2011, 04:04 PM

Aaron Rodgers-356
Josh Freeman-364
Michael Vick-676

Hmmmm Vick was sacked 34 times this year... he must have been under incredible pressure from a crappy O-line too....

rcsodak
02-22-2011, 05:39 PM

Amazing.

----

~ Painter Dave
Am I a hater, dave?

PAINTERDAVE
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Tebow was in Vegas for ONE DAY... to shoot a commercial...
with the other players in the shoot.

Read the article... he has worked his tail off this off season so far...
and is confidant about being ready to compete.

"All football , all the time"? when did I say that? "Laser like focus".. another set of words you put in my mouth.

You say I lie? That makes me sadly shake my head.... you need to evolve a little bit, my friend.

Again...

I don't see how being a great human being is going to take away from his ability to be a great football player.

RC.. post after post, right in a row, slamming the kid, certainly doesn't qualify you as a lover.

nevcraw
02-22-2011, 08:41 PM
can't wait to see his improvement - I bet it's significant.. and it's refreshing to see his passions rise above personal goals of TD's..
class QB to go with Class VP, and class CB in a rebuilding class org.

horsepig
02-23-2011, 01:38 PM
look Dave, don't get mad at me that you made Tebow out to be something he's not.

you told us too many times to count that Tebow has this laser focus and he'll be doing nothing all offseason but becoming a better QB. then off he goes to Las Vegas of all places.

now, we find out football's not even his true passion. All football is to Tebow is a means to an end, with the end being his foundation.

I'm passing no judgement on his foundation, good or bad, but just commenting that your (and others') claims that Tebow is all football all the time is simply a lie.

Hopefully when Tebow runs into some obstacles while trying to becoming a real NFL QB, he doesn't pack it in and decide the frustration isn't worth it. After all, football will be taking him away from his foundation, which is his true passion. I wouldn't think any less of Tebow if he walked away next year to live a quite life, out of the lime-light, dedicated to serving God and helping children. But that won't help bring Superbowls to Denver.

Are you kidding me?

Bullgator
02-24-2011, 01:55 AM

lmfao... bcbronc with this rediculous post you have lost all credibility, you are offcialy a momo. :lol::lol:

BroncoWave
02-24-2011, 02:12 AM

0MRmxfLuNto

Bullgator
02-24-2011, 02:51 AM
Baily i literaly peed a little... :laugh::laugh::beer:

bcbronc
02-24-2011, 04:15 AM
lmfao... bcbronc with this rediculous post you have lost all credibility, you are offcialy a momo. :lol::lol:

wait, I had credibility? nice!!

:first:

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Tebow was in Vegas for ONE DAY... to shoot a commercial...
with the other players in the shoot.

Read the article... he has worked his tail off this off season so far...
and is confidant about being ready to compete.

"All football , all the time"? when did I say that? "Laser like focus".. another set of words you put in my mouth.

You say I lie? That makes me sadly shake my head.... you need to evolve a little bit, my friend.

Again...

I don't see how being a great human being is going to take away from his ability to be a great football player.

RC.. post after post, right in a row, slamming the kid, certainly doesn't qualify you as a lover.

Dave, take your lid off.....rub your head and reread my takes on TT. Then show me where I'm "slamming" him.

rcsodak
02-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Baily i literaly peed a little... :laugh::laugh::beer:
So now who's the momo?
:lol: