PDA

View Full Version : Ed Hochuli Strikes Again!

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Sorry I if I posted this in the wrong forum. Its football talk but neither Broncos or Other Teams, Per Se.

But Ed Hochuli is in the midst of another controversy. He called a ghost roughing the passer call that negated an INT returned for a TD against Carolina!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3614307

honz
09-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Poor Hochuli...all refs make bad calls and miss calls, but Ed will probably never live down that bad call in the Denver/SD game...at least until next year. It is a shame that Hochuli is being singled out.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 08:22 PM
I know and its not like he is the only ref missing calls. In the Cowboys game right in front of the Line Judge a 15 yrd facemask on Packman Jones occured.

Missed roughing the passer call on Jay Cutler today and so on.

Its because of this why many are saying the NFL needs full time refs like the MLB.

56crash
09-28-2008, 08:22 PM
there was two bad calls today in this game.

Tned
09-28-2008, 08:24 PM
I know and its not like he is the only ref missing calls. In the Cowboys game right in front of the Line Judge a 15 yrd facemask on Packman Jones occured.

Missed roughing the passer call on Jay Cutler today and so on.

Its because of this why many are saying the NFL needs full time refs like the MLB.

I can't remember if it was against SD or NO, but there was a phantom helmet to helmet called on one of our linebackers. The replay showed the Broncos hit him with his shoulder.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 08:25 PM
I can't remember if it was against SD or NO, but there was a phantom helmet to helmet called on one of our linebackers. The replay showed the Broncos hit him with his shoulder.

I think it was against NOLA. The crowd was calling BS.

56crash
09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
they missed a KC lineman moving before the snap.... it happens every game

56crash
09-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Also do you not find it funny the KC D was all world today and them not one holding call CB wise ?

MOtorboat
09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Also do you not find it funny the KC D was all world today and them not one holding call CB wise ?

They raped Brandon Marshall all day long.

Hobe
09-28-2008, 08:48 PM

It was DJ in the SD games. It kept a drive going.

Timmy!
09-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Refs make mistakes in every game I can think of. Some are bigger (or at more important times) that others. Just today, the non call on Jay was so obvious a blind man could have called it. That being said, I think doom lined up offside on about 4 friggin snaps, I'm shocked they never called one. The problem is each "crew" seems to call things their way, there is no consistency anymore. Something should be done, but until then, you get some calls, you don't get some calls.

KCL
09-28-2008, 09:02 PM

There was missed calls on both sides...when LJ ran for his first big run...his facemask was grabbed and then there was OPI they should have called on Denver and they didn't...it happens.

KCL
09-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Refs make mistakes in every game I can think of. Some are bigger (or at more important times) that others. Just today, the non call on Jay was so obvious a blind man could have called it. That being said, I think doom lined up offside on about 4 friggin snaps, I'm shocked they never called one. The problem is each "crew" seems to call things their way, there is no consistency anymore. Something should be done, but until then, you get some calls, you don't get some calls.

I agree on that...that was clearly roughing the passer.When we played NE there were several late hits on Croyle that they missed or chose not to call.

scott.475
09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
That Ed would be singled out for mis-calling this particular penalty is outrageous. This mis-call is made ALL the time, so it guys. At full speed, I can easily understand how hitting with a shoulder pad can look like hitting with the helmet.

Poor choice to even write about this on ESPN.

BCJ
09-29-2008, 02:46 AM
I agree on that...that was clearly roughing the passer.When we played NE there were several late hits on Croyle that they missed or chose not to call.

the refs were actually trying to do KC a favor by encouraging the late hits on Croyle so one of them could knock him out for the year and the Chiefs would be able to compete for some wins. Croyle 0 wins in his career. No Croyle on Sunday and Chiefs win.

SR
09-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Marshall's fumble was also not a fumble. His knee was clearly down before the ball was out of his arm.

topscribe
09-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Poor Hochuli...all refs make bad calls and miss calls, but Ed will probably never live down that bad call in the Denver/SD game...at least until next year. It is a shame that Hochuli is being singled out.

Hochuli will be under a microscope for a long time now. While other refs miss
calls, Hochuli's every human move will be cussed and discussed, hashed and
rehashed.

-----

Devilspawn
09-29-2008, 09:58 AM
The Panthers won and won easily so this isn't as controversial nor should it be added to his "rap sheet". He shouldn't be singled out like this.

EDIT: I just read when the play happened. Atlanta punted on the drive and Jonathan Stewart scored a TD minutes later. Not a big deal at all. This is a shame, but Ed has some big ol muscles, he can handle this.