PDA

View Full Version : Clifford Russell - Get Well

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Thought I should start a thread. No matter if you pray, don't pray, just send positive energy or are into VooDoo, send this man your positives tonight.

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Indeed. Let's hope that it's not as serious as it appeared when he left the field.

pnbronco
09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
You bet AO, I only wish him the very best and have him in my prayers. I wish they would give some type of update. Maybe we will hear something tonight.

Skinny
09-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I hope all is good with him.

claymore
09-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I thought the Chiefs showed some real class. The Chiefs Players came over and wished him well etc...

Having said that. I hope it was all just a precaution......... And he pray he plays next week.

honz
09-28-2008, 04:38 PM
A healthy Clifford Russell will make this day okay. Get well Cliff.

pnbronco
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
A healthy Clifford Russell will make this day okay. Get well Cliff.

Well said Honz..

pnbronco
09-28-2008, 07:12 PM
HEAD COACH MIKE SHANAHAN

On the status of WR Clifford Russell: “I really don’t know. I don’t know how he is. I know he was numb on his right side. Had feeling in his toes, and that was it. We’re keeping our fingers crossed.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgnsg

I read these at the other place. If anyone hears anything for sure please post.

frauschieze
09-28-2008, 07:17 PM
I hope it's nothing serious and he recovers quickly and completely. You're in my thoughts, Russell.

KCL
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Heres to a speedy recovery!!!

scott.475
09-28-2008, 08:10 PM
HEAD COACH MIKE SHANAHAN

On the status of WR Clifford Russell: “I really don’t know. I don’t know how he is. I know he was numb on his right side. Had feeling in his toes, and that was it. We’re keeping our fingers crossed.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgnsg

I read these at the other place. If anyone hears anything for sure please post.

That matches with what I saw. After he went down, the only movement I saw was on his left side: left leg, left hand, left arm. His right side stayed as it was when he landed.

Prayers to Clifford, and hopes, of course, that it was ONLY numbness, and everything else is ONLY precautionary.

56crash
09-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I thought the Chiefs showed some real class. The Chiefs Players came over and wished him well etc...

Having said that. I hope it was all just a precaution......... And he pray he plays next week.

is this the same players that were pushing and shoving after each play fist flew a few times so no they as a team still have no class KC is the cheaps for a reason . I will say this this was no cheap shot .

He will be fine I think but I wonder if he will be like Wilson in that noone will let him play any more .

honz
09-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Okay, so I am watching Sunday Night Football and they talked about several injuries including Anquan Boldin's which was a serious injury as well, but they didn't even bring up Russell's injury. I hope both of them are okay, but is Russell's injury less important just because he isn't a star player?

Just rubbed me the wrong way...

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah it sucks they overlooked it. What happened to Boldin? I missed that one

honz
09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
He got knocked out cold when he went up for a catch. He got sandwiched by two defenders and took on a helmet to helmet hit and basically got demolished...it sounds like he is okay, but my thoughts go out to him and Russell. I never like seeing anyone get hurt.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2008, 09:19 PM

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iGxXaTIEVBf466V05MCXQNz_waaw

Cards' Boldin hurt in frightening on-field NFL collision

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (AFP) — Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin was stretchered off the field after a helmet-to-helmet clash late in their loss to the New York Jets.

With 27 seconds remaining in Sunday's game, Kurt Warner heaved a pass toward Boldin. The leaping Boldin collided in the air with Jets defenders Eric Smith and Kerry Rhodes, and was motionless upon hitting the ground.

Players from both teams rushed off the benches and gathered in a circle as Boldin was treated by medical personnel and carried off the field on a backboard.

Boldin regained consciousness and had movement in his extremities, but was taken to hospital for further examination.

"It's about the only thing on my mind right now," Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner said. "I can't get it out of my mind. I just told him I love him and I'll be praying for him. I just want to see him walk into the facility again."

Boldin, 27, caught 10 passes for 119 yards and a touchdown in the game. He has recorded 27 catches for 366 yards and five touchdowns in four games this season.

Arizona defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, who went to Florida State University with Boldin, said that the receiver's son was in the stands behind the Cardinals bench.

"I just looked up and saw his son," Dockett said. "I have kids. What can you say?"

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2008, 09:22 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/28/broncos-russell-taken-off-on-stretcher/

If this is accurate, this is GREAT news :salute:

Broncos’ Russell sprains neck

Denver WR Cliff Russell was taken off the field on a stretcher after a big collision on a kickoff against the Chiefs.

Russell suffered a sprained neck, but was released from the hospital following examination and accompanied the team on its charter flight back to Denver.

Russell was covering a kickoff in the fourth quarter off a 33-19 loss to the Chiefs, when he lowered his head and ran right into Kansas City’s wedge. He was on the ground, with trainers and teammates surrounding him until a stretcher was brought out to take him off the field.

Russell waved his left hand from the stretcher as he was being taken off.

honz
09-28-2008, 09:24 PM

Denver WR Cliff Russell was taken off the field on a stretcher after a big collision on a kickoff against the Chiefs.

Russell suffered a sprained neck, but was released from the hospital following examination and accompanied the team on its charter flight back to Denver.

Russell was covering a kickoff in the fourth quarter off a 33-19 loss to the Chiefs, when he lowered his head and ran right into Kansas City’s wedge. He was on the ground, with trainers and teammates surrounding him until a stretcher was brought out to take him off the field.

Yeah, I was happy when he waved as he was going off the field. Glad he seems to be okay.

KCL
09-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Good....I was really afraid when he was lying there he may have gotten hurt
like Priest Holmes.

Not sure how many remember when the Jets were in KC years ago and Dennis Byrd (I am going by memory here) and he got hurt.Never played again and had trouble walking after he recovered.

Also Mike Utely (sp) that played for the Lions...he is in a wheelchair now after being injured.That was years ago...sad deal for players that get injured.

Hope your guy will be up and at it in no time...:salute:

gnomeflinger
09-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Good....I was really afraid when he was lying there he may have gotten hurt
like Priest Holmes.

Not sure how many remember when the Jets were in KC years ago and Dennis Byrd (I am going by memory here) and he got hurt.Never played again and had trouble walking after he recovered.

Also Mike Utely (sp) that played for the Lions...he is in a wheelchair now after being injured.That was years ago...sad deal for players that get injured.

Hope your guy will be up and at it in no time...:salute:

Speaking of Mike Utley, he lives here in Wenatchee, and does this charity race every year.

http://www.mikeutley.org/

pnbronco
09-29-2008, 02:05 AM

They reported on Channel 4 tonight that this was true. He did come home with the team. I'm so glad for him and his family. That stuff is so scary.

Tebow4Ever
09-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Glad to hear it. May be out a few weeks but Nothing serious. Glad He is ok.He really played hard yesterday.