PDA

View Full Version : Positives from Today's Game.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Try as hard as you can and think of something!

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
............................................I'll check back in if Slowik gets fired this week

slim
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
I am drunk...I guess that is positive

broncophan
09-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Try as hard as you can and think of something!

Another game for our inexperienced qb, (and a road game at that).....will help him in the long run...

NightTrainLayne
The Chiefs cheerleaders look good when they're bouncing up and down after a touchdown.

MasterShake
Our offensive yardage was over 400, so on paper we look awesome.

Nomad
That was one great hit on special teams by Larson.

hotcarl
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
nate websters helmet flies off alot, yet he sucks... discuss

Italianmobstr7
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Jay Cutler pushed down Demorrio Williams on the last drive of the game, and I laughed. Brandon had a TD which was nice. Jay made some bad decisions today. He'll look at the game tape, get it under control, and we'll rebound next week.

G_Money
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
We needed to go lay an egg and not rely on luck to win games for us that skill would put away on its own.

They say winning covers up problems - well, I don't want our problems covered up. I want to build a team that can go all the way, not one that is built with smoke and mirrors and not for the long haul.

It also helps the kids to play on the road, in a hostile environment, when things aren't going your way. Our last two nail-biters were at home. It's not always that cozy, and now they know it.

Oh, and it further highlights the inadequacies of our DC. The Chiefs are futile on O - if you can't stop them, who can you stop?

I don't mind wakeup calls, and it "makes up" for some of the luck of the SD game. Now our record reflects what it should - a team that can be dangerous even to good teams but whose defense can't put away any team, so the offense HAS to bring its A Game to the field every Sunday.

Time to work on shoring up those deficiencies fellas...

~G

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Prater kicked a couple of long FGs

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Ok I am going to say the one major positive I found was Boss Bailey. He can flat out run and did a lot to seal the run plays in many situations. That Tony G TD was not all on him. I believe it was Manuel who was late coming over in support. He was with him and Huard made a nice play.

That is my positive of the day.

MileHighWrath
09-28-2008, 03:58 PM
I haven't washed my Lynch jersey since the season began (because you don't f*** with a winning streak) but now, after a loss, I can toss this rank and smelly jersey in the wash ..... my wife feels this is a very positive result of the game today.

I'm indifferent.

LoyalSoldier
09-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Positive? Raiders are up 12-0 on the Charagers.

atwater27
09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
We didn't allow the most passing yards in the league this week!

Oh wait a minute...... why pass when you can run for 180 yards.

MileHighWrath
09-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Positive? Raiders are up 12-0 on the Charagers.

and Rivers just threw another INT

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
But I thought Rivers was a GOD.

LoyalSoldier
09-28-2008, 04:06 PM
During the middle of the game the Broncos were doing well against the run, but that opening run and the late runs broke our back.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 04:08 PM
During the middle of the game the Broncos were doing well against the run, but that opening run and the late runs broke our back.

That first run is all on the D Coordinator. He put them in a 3-4 and KC exploited it.

The last runs were because the Defense was on the field all damn day. You just can't keep up playing as much.

G_Money
09-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Time of possession was 33 minutes to 26 minutes in KC's favor.

They had the ball the last 2 minutes of the game. That means prior to the onsides kick it was 31 to 26. I can't blame the loss on that 5 minutes wearing the defense out so much they just can't keep up.

The Saints had the ball 33 minutes to our 27, too. The other team is gonna have a large TOP if we can't get them off the field. If they were tired from playing more minutes than the O then they're gonna be tired a lot this year.

~G

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Time of possession was 33 minutes to 26 minutes in KC's favor.

They had the ball the last 2 minutes of the game. That means prior to the onsides kick it was 31 to 26. I can't blame the loss on that 5 minutes wearing the defense out so much they just can't keep up.

~G

Wow thanks for that. I just assumed the TOP was lopsided based on Turn Overs.

Still 4 TO's does not get you a win. Take those 4 TO's and in weeks past those are TD's or FG's. So they should have been up big time.

studbucket
09-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Umm...Michael Pittman ran with a purpose, he looked good.

Ziggy
09-28-2008, 04:13 PM
The Offensive Line!! This young group came in and played great again in a very hostile environment. Cutler had all day to throw most of the time. This group is going to be good for a long time. Hamilton and Wegeman are in the twilights of thier career, but we have 2 stud tackles for the first time since the Super Bowl teams.

LoyalSoldier
09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
That first run is all on the D Coordinator. He put them in a 3-4 and KC exploited it.

The last runs were because the Defense was on the field all damn day. You just can't keep up playing as much.

You can expect the defense to suck when they are just starting to play a 3-4. Even the Chargers had a horrible defense in 2004 before they finally got use to it 5 games into the season.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 04:16 PM
You can expect the defense to suck when they are just starting to play a 3-4. Even the Chargers had a horrible defense in 2004 before they finally got use to it 5 games into the season.

If they are going towards a permanent 3-4 this team is in for a lot of ups and downs. I hope they realize that while they don't have the players for a solid 4-3 they sure as shit don't have the players for a 3-4. It will take 2 drafts to build the depth needed for that, IMHO

Broncos Mtnman
09-28-2008, 04:29 PM
The defense kept LJ under 200 yards for the 6th game in a row.

:coffee:

honz
09-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Are people seriously trying to blam our defense for this loss? 4 TOs, people! This loss is on the offense, their TOs, and their inability to get the ball in the endzone. (1 TD, 4 FGs)

gobroncsnv
09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
The game finally ended...

Watchthemiddle
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
We don't have to go play at KC again.

Jaws
09-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I forgot it was an early game which means I missed all but the dying minutes of the game :D

DenverBronkHoes
09-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Another game for our inexperienced qb, (and a road game at that).....will help him in the long run...

inexperienced?

hes too good for our team buddy.... How many years u gotta play to go from inexperienced to experience?...

sorry if i dont get it

Rex
09-28-2008, 06:42 PM
inexperienced?

hes too good for our team buddy.... How many years u gotta play to go from inexperienced to experience?...

sorry if i dont get it

Dear Hoe,

Cutler had his head up his ass all day.

Sorry.

Sincerely,

Mike Shanahan

KCL
The Chiefs won today......FINALLY!

Italianmobstr7
inexperienced?

sorry if i dont get it

He's played only 1 full season as a starter. I'd say that he's pretty inexperienced... After 3 full seasons, I'll consider him an experienced qb. Until then, he'll still be learning. Either way, he made some dumb mistakes today, that I'll bet that he won't make again. At least not next week.

KCL
09-28-2008, 06:44 PM
That was one great hit on special teams by Larson.

That was a hell of a hit...I'm just glad Savage was able to hang onto the ball.

DenverBronkHoes
09-28-2008, 06:44 PM
He's played only 1 full season as a starter. I'd say that he's pretty inexperienced... After 3 full seasons, I'll consider him an experienced qb. Until then, he'll still be learning. Either way, he made some dumb mistakes today, that I'll bet that he won't make again. At least not next week.

lame dude..... he threw a couple picks... Wasnt the game changer..

3 full seasons.... wont make the D any better....

DenverBronkHoes
09-28-2008, 06:46 PM
positives.........

still have some of my voice
thank god i didnt bet on denver
we know how to kick an on-side....

Italianmobstr7
09-28-2008, 06:48 PM
He threw 2 BAD picks... I realize that our D sucks, but for once, it wasn't all on them. If Jay doesn't throw those 2 picks, especially the one the play right after our defense caused a turnover than this is a different game. He threw 2 bad picks trying to force to Marshall, especially on the one where he had Scheffler WIDE OPEN. Either way, it wasn't just the D's fault today. Our offense couldn't get into the end zone, and they turned the ball over 4 times. Almost any team loses when they play that badly.

BroncoJoe
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Positives?

The game was broadcast in HD.

dogfish
09-28-2008, 06:50 PM
positives. . . i don't think any of our guys got hurt besides russell-- hope he's okay!

DenverBronkHoes
Dear Hoe,

Cutler had his head up his ass all day.

Sorry.

Sincerely,

Mike Shanahan

ok... fine.... you guys are right...

it was Jay's fault we lost... It was Jay's fault Larry mowed us down for 200.... Its Jay's fault we cant stop my grandmother in a wheelchair on 3rd down

ApaOps5
Positives?

The game was broadcast in HD.

Dude thats not a positive. You got to watch Broncos suck in crystal clear HD. Thats a double whammy

BroncoJoe
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Dude thats not a positive. You got to watch Broncos suck in crystal clear HD. Thats a double whammy

It's a positive. Anytime I can watch the Broncos - good or bad - is a good thing.

DenverBronkHoes
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
He threw 2 BAD picks... I realize that our D sucks, but for once, it wasn't all on them. If Jay doesn't throw those 2 picks, especially the one the play right after our defense caused a turnover than this is a different game. He threw 2 bad picks trying to force to Marshall, especially on the one where he had Scheffler WIDE OPEN. Either way, it wasn't just the D's fault today. Our offense couldn't get into the end zone, and they turned the ball over 4 times. Almost any team loses when they play that badly.

as bad as our D is, with the turnovers, we are lucky we scored even that many points

jrelway
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
what a dissapointing ass game. but im not gonna panic all early. we're 3-1 and we barely win in arrowhead anyways.

Italianmobstr7
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
ok... fine.... you guys are right...

it was Jay's fault we lost... It was Jay's fault Larry mowed us down for 200.... Its Jay's fault we cant stop my grandmother in a wheelchair on 3rd down

No one is blaming Jay for our loss. Our entire offense struggled. Jay threw 2 picks, Marshall fumbled, and Royal fumbled. All of those turnovers led to points and a short field for the Chiefs offense. Any D in the NFL would have struggled with the advantages the Chiefs had today because of our offense. Our D looked pretty bad as well, allowing 200 yards to a team with a crappy o-line, but it wasn't all their fault. Did Champ look terrible today too? He looked pretty damn good to me, but for some reason, you seem to think that Champ sucks.

Broncolingus
09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
............................................I'll check back in if Slowik gets fired this week

...ah, yes...replace Slowik...

...because the defense look soooo much different without him as D-coordinator.

Slowik is only working with the players Bowl-in and Shanny have given him to work with...what else is he supposed to do?

DenverBronkHoes
09-28-2008, 07:01 PM
champ plays well.... hes practically forced to make plays out of position(run stopping, big tackles)..... nobody dares to throw his way for the most part... Never said he sucked, just said hes not the same champ from 3 years ago... The crappy D makes him look worse..

i know i said his bro is pretty bad... he played better again today...

just not enuff guys playing well on the D....

its a collection of things...

But this team will always have a chance simply cuz we can score.... The defense will always be the part of the team that takes blame cuz their are really that bad....

i wont blame an O that has the ability to score and mount drives like this team... even with the 4 mistakes they had....

KC really isnt too good of a team.... We made them look awesome

elsid13
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Larson, Clady and the rest of the Oline played well. Practor also has leg.

Italianmobstr7
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM
champ plays well.... hes practically forced to make plays out of position(run stopping, big tackles)..... nobody dares to throw his way for the most part... Never said he sucked, just said hes not the same champ from 3 years ago... The crappy D makes him look worse..

i know i said his bro is pretty bad... he played better again today...

just not enuff guys playing well on the D....

its a collection of things...

But this team will always have a chance simply cuz we can score.... The defense will always be the part of the team that takes blame cuz their are really that bad....

i wont blame an O that has the ability to score and mount drives like this team... even with the 4 mistakes they had....

KC really isnt too good of a team.... We made them look awesome

I agree with everything except for that Champ isn't the same player. I don't think that he's really had a chance to be the same player because as you said, no one even dares to throw at him. He still forced a fumble today, and was in on a lot of tackles. The O will rebound. We just have to hope that this D can do something, anything to hold a team under 30. We still had a chance to win this game, and probably should have. I agree that if the D could've just stopped them on 3rd down a couple freakin times outside of our red zone, that we could have won. I'm upset with the D, and with the O. The difference is I believe that our offense can win games. I don't think that our defense can.

NameUsedBefore
09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I didn't get to watch it :lol:

honz
09-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Our offense, defense, and special teams all played pretty bad... blame whoever you want, but we flat out got outplayed.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree with everything except for that Champ isn't the same player. I don't think that he's really had a chance to be the same player because as you said, no one even dares to throw at him. He still forced a fumble today, and was in on a lot of tackles. The O will rebound. We just have to hope that this D can do something, anything to hold a team under 30. We still had a chance to win this game, and probably should have. I agree that if the D could've just stopped them on 3rd down a couple freakin times outside of our red zone, that we could have won. I'm upset with the D, and with the O. The difference is I believe that our offense can win games. I don't think that our defense can.

:lol:

I submit to evidence a wicked hit on LJ causing a fumble, a TD saving tackle on special teams. And the fact they barely threw his way all game.

LOL he isn't the same player!

KCL
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
The last TD by LJ was a real killer....no one knew where he was....It was kinda funny on the replay watching him.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 07:56 PM
The last TD by LJ was a real killer....no one knew where he was....It was kinda funny on the replay watching him.

They were spent and mentally defeated. Kudos to Hermy not letting off the pedal. I hope this punch in the mouth brings out the fight in Denver and not the other way around.

KCL
09-28-2008, 08:01 PM
They were spent and mentally defeated. Kudos to Hermy not letting off the pedal. I hope this punch in the mouth brings out the fight in Denver and not the other way around.

I wasn't trying to gloat...but if you saw the replay...LJ looked funny.First to
the right...looking...looking...no hole...then ahhh the left is where I need to go.

You all will bounce back.Cutler (besides the picks) really had a good game passing.Our secondary didnt do the best job on your recievers.I think things just went our way cause they were hungry for the win.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I wasn't trying to gloat...but if you saw the replay...LJ looked funny.First to
the right...looking...looking...no hole...then ahhh the left is where I need to go.

You all will bounce back.Cutler (besides the picks) really had a good game passing.Our secondary didnt do the best job on your recievers.I think things just went our way cause they were hungry for the win.

Oh I know you weren't. Just trying to rationalize for my own mental health!

Cutler has had 2 subpar games now. Well he says subpar last week I didn't think so. But today he played like poopoo. Excited to see how he responds. Especially against the very good Defense of Tampa Bay. Who's LB coach just so happens to be one Larry Coyer.

KCL
09-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh I know you weren't. Just trying to rationalize for my own mental health!

Cutler has had 2 subpar games now. Well he says subpar last week I didn't think so. But today he played like poopoo. Excited to see how he responds. Especially against the very good Defense of Tampa Bay. Who's LB coach just so happens to be one Larry Coyer.

Yea I think Jay is a fine QB...Your O is good...reminds me of KC when we had Trent Green and that O line we had...but no D.

56crash
09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Come on People Our

O -Line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

They played well enough to win this game Cutler should have carved up KC instead he keept trying the deep ball and there FS was killing us Herm knows how to beat us if we cannot rein in Cutler .

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I wasn't trying to gloat...

By the way your team won today. We Denver fans were pretty arrogant. I think you have every right to gloat. Thought I know thats not your style.

56crash
09-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Yea I think Jay is a fine QB...Your O is good...reminds me of KC when we had Trent Green and that O line we had...but no D.

I think you are close but good is not the right verb I am looking for ... :beer:

Our O-line should of won that game

KCL
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
By the way your team won today. We Denver fans were pretty arrogant. I think you have every right to gloat. Thought I know thats not your style.

No it isn't my style and I have posted with alot of the Bronco fans on here at
Mania since 03...I like the Denver boards and most of the people here!

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 08:18 PM
No it isn't my style and I have posted with alot of the Bronco fans on here at
Mania since 03...I like the Denver boards and most of the people here!

Just to clarify I meant to type though not thought. I am not sure if you took offense thinking I insinuated you do gloat.

I just know thats not your style. Sorry if I came across harsh.

KCL
09-28-2008, 08:20 PM
I think you are close but good is not the right verb I am looking for ... :beer:

Our O-line should of won that game

well not to take anything away from Denver but KC did play well today.I was pleased but did get pissed at some of the play calling.All in all a good game for the guys in red.

Every team has off games...hell KC has had them the last 3 weeks...:lol:

KCL
09-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Just to clarify I meant to type though not thought. I am not sure if you took offense thinking I insinuated you do gloat.

I just know thats not your style. Sorry if I came across harsh.

I didn't even notice.It takes alot to get me rattled.I know the Chiefs suck and I make no excuses for them.They are still my team and have been for the last 20 plus years!

topscribe
09-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Both BMarsh and Fast Eddie are on schedule to exceed 100 catches for the
season (remind you of someone, as in Rod Smith and Eddie Mac?). As long as
the Broncos have receivers such as they, the Broncos have a chance to do
very well yet this season.

-----

smith49
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
well, my projection screen tv went on the frits today. i have bunch of red shadow lines on it that should not be there. it is driving me nuts. i think the convergence is off. however, the good thing is that i might be able to talk the wife into bying a new plasma or dlp now. oh waite, this was positives about the game today right? um.........ill have to do some more thinking on that one.

KCL
09-28-2008, 11:24 PM
well, my projection screen tv went on the frits today. i have bunch of red shadow lines on it that should not be there. it is driving me nuts. i think the convergence is off. however, the good thing is that i might be able to talk the wife into bying a new plasma or dlp now. oh waite, this was positives about the game today right? um.........ill have to do some more thinking on that one.

My husband had to replace that part in our big screen last year.

Northman
09-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I didn't even notice.It takes alot to get me rattled.I know the Chiefs suck and I make no excuses for them.They are still my team and have been for the last 20 plus years!

grumble grumble grumble. :tsk:

frauschieze
09-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Mike Leach was solid. :salute:

BroncoTech
09-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Oh ya I remember Eddie Mac and Rod Smith but I also remember losing Superbowls until TD checked in at running back and our defense shaped up.

We are a team of polar opposites which has to leave us 'middle of the road'. Until we see some balance it's going to be rough on us fans but at least fun to watch. And that my friend is just like the good ol' days.

KCL
09-28-2008, 11:30 PM
grumble grumble grumble. :tsk:

Is that your stomach? Are you hungry Anubis? :D

smith49
09-28-2008, 11:32 PM
My husband had to replace that part in our big screen last year.

just dont tell my wife that. i know its only like a thirty dollar chip and some solder or something like that, but mums the word. i like the big screen, but the rear projection is a little out dated. i am trying to upgrade so please be vewy vewy quiet.:D

KCL
09-28-2008, 11:35 PM
just dont tell my wife that. i know its only like a thirty dollar chip and some solder or something like that, but mums the word. i like the big screen, but the rear projection is a little out dated. i am trying to upgrade so please be vewy vewy quiet.:D

oh its more than $30.00,it was around $200.00...I researched and found the part online and ordered it.The 4 year warranty had just expired....:mad:

Luckily my husband replaced the part himself. Yea sometime we will replace this one as well.It still has an excellent picture.

I won't call her and next time I talk to her I promise not to mention it.:D

smith49
09-28-2008, 11:44 PM
oh its more than $30.00,it was around $200.00...I researched and found the part online and ordered it.The 4 year warranty had just expired....:mad:

Luckily my husband replaced the part himself. Yea sometime we will replace this one as well.It still has an excellent picture.

I won't call her and next time I talk to her I promise not to mention it.:D

sweet, im golden.:lol:

Simple Jaded
09-28-2008, 11:48 PM
The Annual Scapegoating is a mere three and a half months away.

My money is on the defensive coordinator......

broncosfanscott
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Despite how bad our defense has been the past couple of games, we did hold KC to field goals early instead of touchdowns.

hamrob
09-29-2008, 01:02 AM
O.K., I was out of town today (in the Wine Country). I Tivo'd the game and made sure I didn't hear about the outcome until I got home and could watch it tonight. I absolutely could not believe it.

The offense lost this game...plain and simple. Royal, Marshall, Cutler....lost this game. Well...they were somewhat off last week and managed to pull through and they stunk it up this week and lost.

They'll learn. Positives: They were in it until the end. Had Larsen recovered that onside kick...which he very well should have. I think we tie it up or go for two and win it. That's how close it was.

They clearly overlooked the chiefs...and got it handed to them. I don't think they'll be doing that again this year. Jay didn't like it very much. And for the record...I love Cutler saying we're better than them. I also loved him shoving Damarrio Williams down on his arse to end the game.

This team is going to be good. They had a shot in this game until the last 2:00....were on the road in a hostile environment (Shanny 3-10 at Arrowhead) and still competed...despite 4 turnovers!

WARHORSE
09-29-2008, 01:53 AM
The thing about doing new things offensively is, once people get tape, they scheme. Cutler had alot to do with losing this game, and Im good with that. He went into a mode where he stopped reading the defense, and started trying hard to figure out where the pressure was going to come from, while locking onto targets.

Thats not good, and what KC did defensively we havent had to face this year. Rest assured though, everyone will be studying what KC did in order to duplicate the results.

Learn from it, get better, move on.

LoyalSoldier
09-29-2008, 02:06 AM
Here is a question. How many long and sustained TD drives did the Chiefs have? I mean ones where they started deep in their own territory and drove all the way down the field... I'll give you a hint. You can count it with any one of your fingers.

The defense did its job for most of the day. Up until the 4 quarter they actually contained Larry Johnson. Outside of the early big run (Why did we go 3-4?) He averaged 3.4 YPC till the very last drive by KC. Fact of the matter that LJ got nearly all of his yards off of two plays. Other than that he wasn't spectacular. Not a bruising number at all. His TD wasn't even the defenses fault because it started at the 2 yard line.

Here is some facts. Out of 7 KC scoring drives 4 of them started inside of Denver territory and out of those drives they started at an average of the Denver 30. The offense was putting the defense in bad spots all day long and while the Defense could have done a little better they were generally getting screwed all day long by the offense.

BroncoJoe
09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Here's a positive:

Jay shoving that DL or LB down to the ground near the end of the game.

That was pretty cool.

Buff
09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Ummm, let' see, we didn't lose any key players to injury?

I don't know... Tough to take any positives out of a bad divisional loss like that... I'm still bitter.

BigDaddyBronco
09-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Go hug Ms. Buff, you'll get over it. :D

Are you going to come down and tailgate with us in a couple of weeks Buff?

BroncoNut
09-29-2008, 12:55 PM
I liked at the end of the game when that DLman for KC pushed Jay at the end of a play and Jay pushed back and the DLman fell down. That actually made me laugh

KCL
09-29-2008, 12:56 PM
I liked at the end of the game when that DLman for KC pushed Jay at the end of a play and Jay pushed back and the DLman fell down. That actually made me laugh

It was funny...I had to laugh...see it in the thread made!

BroncoNut
09-29-2008, 12:58 PM
It was funny...I had to laugh...see it in the thread made!

it was hysterical. Jay was getting up and the big man was kinda pushing him back down and then Jay pushed back and he fell down. What a doofus. Man, that's like the school bully going up to pick on a nerd and getting his ass kicked.

Rex
09-29-2008, 12:59 PM
it was hysterical. Jay was getting up and the big man was kinda pushing him back down and then Jay pushed back and he fell down. What a doofus. Man, that's like the school bully going up to pick on a nerd and getting his ass kicked.

ha.

Hilarious.
:salute:

BroncoNut
09-29-2008, 01:00 PM
ha.

Hilarious.
:salute:

Are you being sarcastic?

KCL
09-29-2008, 01:02 PM

I know I saw it...:lol:

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 01:03 PM
it is done and now we can move on. beyond that no positives.

MOtorboat
09-29-2008, 01:09 PM

Good point JR...one of the biggest positives of yesterday is that the game actually ended...:laugh:

KCL

I'm happy Jr...thats a positive...don't you want me to be happy? ;)
I couldn't take another loss....:tsk:

BroncoNut
just saw that thread KCL. It was funnier the second time around. Jay just perfunctorily pushes and keeps walking back to the huddle

Rex
Are you being sarcastic?

Of course not.

Can you tell me about it again?:listen:

BroncoNut
09-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Of course not.

Can you tell me about it again?:listen:

point taken. I apologize for my enthusiasm. It won't happen again.

LRtagger
09-29-2008, 01:11 PM
once people get tape, they scheme.

Everyone except Slowik

KCL
09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
just saw that thread KCL. It was funnier the second time around. Jay just perfunctorily pushes and keeps walking back to the huddle

I know...I get a kick out of some of the things the players do!

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm happy Jr...thats a positive...don't you want me to be happy? ;)
I couldn't take another loss....:tsk:

I'm glad you got your win this year..:laugh::laugh:

KCL
09-29-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm glad you got your win this year..:laugh::laugh:

yea Chiefs will probably be a 1 game wonder this season! :tsk: :laugh:

ApaOps5
09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Best positive from yesterday, not game, just yesterday. Clifford Russell was checked out of the hospital and on the team plane home.

Benetto
09-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Despite 2 fumbles and 2 INTs, we were 1 dropped onside kick away from taking charge (and possibly winning) in the final 2:00 minutes.

Negatives:

Obviously a TERRIBLE defensive scheme..Our players look like Chicken with their heads cut off. We are in desperate need of a different scheme, or a better executed one.

Jay letting his EMUtions take control of his gameplay..Cutty was forcing stupid throws into 3-4 man coverage, when wide open receivers are floating around. Also, stop staring at your go to guy Jay...Opposing D's had obviously picked up on this, and picked you off twice.

I'm not SO sour about this loss, I'll consider it a wake up call...I won't hit the panic button til when we are under .500

Buff
09-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Go hug Ms. Buff, you'll get over it. :D

Are you going to come down and tailgate with us in a couple of weeks Buff?

I ought to... Keep me abreast as plans get firmed up. No promises on Ms Buff though. :D

Rex
09-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I ought to... Keep me abreast as plans get firmed up. No promises on Ms Buff though. :D

It is funny that you mention "abreast" "firm" and "Ms. Buff" in the same sentence.

Is this some sort of mental torture directed at me?

GEM
09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
We can move the ball nicely when in hurry up, no huddle mode.

turftoad
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
We didn't have any major injuries.

Other than that, no positives.

Buff
09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
It is funny that you mention "abreast" "firm" and "Ms. Buff" in the same sentence.

Is this some sort of mental torture directed at me?

Totally inadvertant-- though I can say she's not happy about the prospect of tailgating without any kansas residents there... It's gonna be a tough sell.

BroncoNut
09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
We can move the ball nicely when in hurry up, no huddle mode.

yeah, let's play 60 minutes of hurry up offense every Sunday, great idea!!!why aren't you the OC? :rolleyes:

(just kidding) :laugh:

Rex
09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Totally inadvertant-- though I can say she's not happy about the prospect of tailgating without any kansas residents there... It's gonna be a tough sell.

I am in.

You didnt hear?

Buff
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
I am in.

You didnt hear?

No... When did this happen?

Rex
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
No... When did this happen?

Last week.

BroncoNut
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Last week.

awesome, I hadn't heard this great news either

GEM
09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
QUOTE=GEM;398052]We can move the ball nicely when in hurry up, no huddle mode.

yeah, let's play 60 minutes of hurry up offense every Sunday, great idea!!!why aren't you the OC? :rolleyes:

(just kidding) :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Nut....go blow a dog or something. :rolleyes:

:D

ambiguous
09-29-2008, 02:53 PM
3 full seasons.... wont make the D any better....

Well, my opinion of where we are going to end up in the draft went way up yesterday, so we might draft a better D.

BroncoNut
09-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, my opinion of where we are going to end up in the draft went way up yesterday, so we might draft a better D.

this makes no sense, but I applaud your optimism

JONtheBRONCO
09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, this Monday blows. Can't watch a minute of ESPN. On the flip side, one game - 12 more to go.

tubby
09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, this Monday blows. Can't watch a minute of ESPN. On the flip side, one game - 12 more to go.

Did you put your fist through a cinder block yesterday?

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 05:05 PM

(just kidding) :laugh:

hurry up only works for awhile your team gets tired also..