PDA

View Full Version : Im glad we lost

claymore
09-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Our Defense freakin sucks ass. I would rather stay real than get my hopes up. Denver freakin blew it today, I hope this is a stinging lesson to this young team.

girler
09-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Our Defense freakin sucks ass. I would rather stay real than get my hopes up. Denver freakin blew it today, I hope this is a stinging lesson to this young team.

It stings my ass, that's for sure.

Northman
I dont agree with your reason but i do agree im glad we lost. Welcome back to planet earth Broncos. Totally overlooked the chiefs which is silly in this day and age.

Requiem / The Dagda
I'm not going to blame the defense on this at all. Four offensive turnovers pretty much means you ain't gonna win. We're still leads and bounds ahead in our division, let's hope Oakland wins. Go Oakland.

Gamechanger
09-28-2008, 03:29 PM
damn dudes, i thought it was an easy win for u guys 2

claymore
09-28-2008, 03:30 PM
It stings my ass, that's for sure.

It actually doesnt hurt like normal. We got cocky..... and you cant be cocky with the worst defensein the NFL, and shit special teams.

Northman
Thats the NFL for ya.

Requiem / The Dagda
Personally, I don't think the Broncos overlooked the Chiefs anyways. Quotes by multiple players in articles prior to the game show that they took this just as seriously because they understand the "Any Given Sunday" principle (Champ, in particular.) -- They just didn't execute.

Two picks, two fumbles. That's football. Rebound and focus on Tampa Bay.

weazel
09-28-2008, 03:31 PM
the offense sucked bad, but to not put any blame on the defense is kind of crazy. both sides of the ball sucked balls

Timmy!
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM

I'm never happy for a Broncos loss, but hopefully this serves as a big time wake up call. The defense is bad, and when the offense has 4 turnovers, they will not win the game. Hopefully this game brings this team back to earth and they realize they have a lot of work to do, and that you just can't go into a game expecting to win because the other "bad" team will roll over and play dead. I just hope the lesson is learned, and puts a big chip on the Broncos shoulder for the rest of the year. Move on and get ready for Tampa.

P.S. The first person to mail me Slowiks head gets $100.

Requiem / The Dagda
P.S. The first person to mail me Slowiks head gets $100.

You'd pay 100 dollars for that? Dude. . .

girler
It actually doesnt hurt like normal. We got cocky..... and you cant be cocky with the worst defensein the NFL, and shit special teams.

I wonder why my ass is stinging so bad then. :confused:

claymore
09-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Personally, I don't think the Broncos overlooked the Chiefs anyways. Quotes by multiple players in articles prior to the game show that they took this just as seriously because they understand the "Any Given Sunday" principle (Champ, in particular.) -- They just didn't execute.

Two picks, two fumbles. That's football. Rebound and focus on Tampa Bay.

Champ is excused in this loss, and reminded me why we have him. I swear the SOB was lining up at D line today. Fuggin guy was awesome. Dropped passes, stupid throws, and way more heart on KC's side........ Im pissed but not hurt.

broncophan
09-28-2008, 03:34 PM
As a bronco fan.....I have never been glad when they lose...:confused:

claymore
09-28-2008, 03:34 PM
I wonder why my ass is stinging so bad then. :confused:

Look and see if Mr B has a guilty look.

girler
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Look and see if Mr B has a guilty look.

He never looks guilty.

Requiem / The Dagda
Every dog has its day. Kansas City showed up to play and attacked the weaknesses of a Denver Broncos football team. They also forced some turnovers. Kudos to them. I'm glad they got off their skid. Now it is time for the Broncos to start preparing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and do whatever they can to make sure they go 4-1 instead of 3-2.

ApaOps5
Not on the D. The O didnt allow them any rest. This is on Jay and the O

MasterShake
09-28-2008, 03:36 PM
I dont agree with your reason but i do agree im glad we lost. Welcome back to planet earth Broncos. Totally overlooked the chiefs which is silly in this day and age.

I agree to an extent. The Chiefs deserved to win this game with their intensity. I don't think we were outmatched, just out hearted (if thats a word). 4 turnovers at Arrowhead will not get you far, I don't care how good you are. I'm gonna be pumped for the rematch though! :salute:

For some reason after Royal fumbled I had that feeling like after the missed INT in the AFC championship game in 05, just was not going to be our day.. Oh well, I'll still take this years Broncos team over this years Chiefs, but both should be excited for the future.

Italianmobstr7
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Tough loss. It happens. We played bad in all phases today. I'm just dissapointed that we lost to a team that we should have beaten, and beaten badly. I'm going to chalk it up as a bad day, but I think we'll rebound against the Bucs.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM

Lets trade for Favre. He threw six touchdowns today!

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 03:38 PM

No way. Jay increased my man crush punking that LB

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm not going to blame the defense on this at all. Four offensive turnovers pretty much means you ain't gonna win. We're still leads and bounds ahead in our division, let's hope Oakland wins. Go Oakland.

Exactly - the offense put the defense in a hole all game. This one is on the offense

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 03:39 PM
TB had three turnovers today against a good Green Bay team and still won the game. If we were as good as everyone thought we were, we would have easily overcome 4 TO's against a bad team like KC.

Michigan had 5 TO's in the first half and still beat a top rated Wisconsin team yesterday. 4 TO's is no excuse as to why we got beat bad by a terrible team.

Our defense is probably the worst in the league regardless of what our offense does.

claymore
I hate favre, I hope he has rectal bleeding.

Requiem / The Dagda
I hate favre, I hope he has rectal bleeding.

Take that back now, Clay.

Timmy!

:lol: Best thing Jay did all day.

Timmy!
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
For the record, Shanny is now 3-11 in Arrowhead. I hate that place.

MasterShake
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Exactly - the offense put the defense in a hole all game. This one is on the offense

Actually the D came out looking good, holding the Chiefs to 6 points instead of 14. If Cutler wasn't gunning for Marshall all day, he had Scheff on a wide open TD. Oh well. No more pressure for 16-0.

Northman
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM

that was sweet. :lol:

claymore
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Take that back now, Clay.

No way Ive always hated favre. Most over rated QB since Marino. And Favre is a media whore wussy. I hope he slips in the shower and a shampoo bottle goes up his but "accidentally".

dogfish
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM

that's true, you just can't spin it any other way when you have four turnovers. . . however. . . the O has been carrying this team, and they pulled it out the past two weeks after the humiliating efense gave up big leads. . . it would be nice if 100% of the pressure to win didn't rest on one of our three units. . . :mad: i said after last week that the offense is walking a tight rope every week, with no net and zero margin for error, because if they don't dominate we basically have no chance to win. . . if this squad is going to capitalize on a great start and make some noise this year, we absolutely NEED to find a way to make a few plays here or there in the other two phases of the game. . . their performance was disappointing, but it's hard for me to be too upset with the offense today. . .

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
I am not upset with the O by any means. You are going to have weeks like this. The true test of the team will be next week. Will they come out hungry ready to shut the media pundants up who are surely going to call them the most overrated team or are they going to mope.

I like to think they suck it up and turn it on. But heart only masks inability so much and our D is porous.

scott.475
09-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I hope today is a lesson to Cutler that he has got to scan the field a bit more and not always be looking toward Marshall. I missed virtually the entire first half, but he was passing over wide open receivers in other places by trying to force passes into the double covered Marshall.

Granted, our O had a bad day, and if the loss was, say 14-17, I would be on the "You can't hang this one on the D" bandwagon, but our D still gave up 32 points today...to the friggin' Chiefs!

I kind of had a feeling we would not make it out of this one...frickin' Arrowhead, I hate that place.

MileHighWrath
09-28-2008, 04:33 PM
I have seen this kind of thread many many times before and still fail to understand it. To each his/her own but I hope I can make myself perfectly clear in this post....

Speaking only for myself:

I do not believe nor has anyone EVER been able to convince me that professional players/coaches require a loss to learn and excel, or to "make them better." There is no situation that I can possibly conceive, that I will ever, and I mean EVER, be glad for a Broncos loss, to any team, under any circumstances or conditions, at any time of the season, for any reason, for as long as they play football in the NFL.

BroncoWave
09-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I have seen this kind of thread many many times before and still fail to understand it. To each his/her own but I hope I can make myself perfectly clear in this post....

I do not believe nor has anyone EVER been able to convince me that professional players/coaches require a loss to learn and excel, or to "make them better." There is no situation that I can possibly conceive, that I will ever, and I mean EVER, be glad for a Broncos loss, to any team, under any circumstances or conditions, at any time of the season, for any reason, for as long as they play football in the NFL.

My thoughts exactly. Being happy about a loss is stupid. I'm pissed as hell right now.

claymore
09-28-2008, 04:38 PM

My thoughts exactly. Being happy about a loss is stupid. I'm pissed as hell right now.

When you get your ass kicked sometimes it lights a fire in your ass. Today, we got our ass kicked. And Im glad it was today VS January.

Reidman
09-28-2008, 04:52 PM
We made the Chiefs look like a real football team today, one capable of going to the playoffs. So I guess if you want to be happy about that, to each their own.

red98
09-28-2008, 04:52 PM

How much rest do you need to keep Larry J. under 198yds?

Seriously, The Offence could have done better. But the "D" was asked to bail them out or at least give them more possesions.

For once we needed our "D" to step up, and they couldn't do it against the KC Chiefs. That's bad.

I know it's not the end of the world, but I hope to see some changes on "D" next week.

Watchthemiddle
09-28-2008, 06:28 PM
You play how you practice, and according to Shanahan this week of practices STUNK!!!

Good lesson to learn now and not in December.

Dean
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
I have never understood the feeling, "I'm glad we lost because..." The word we seems to be so out of place in the statement.

Broncolingus
09-28-2008, 06:39 PM

...I don't know about being glad when we lose, but the past 6-7 years of the same thing hasn't been enough of a wakeup?

But TODAY...

(...not at you Clay, at the Bronc's...)

Rex
09-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Clay, you must be smoking garden hose son. You are not glad they lost.

Suck it up Claymore. Snap the eff outta this and come back when you have a meanon son!

Retired_Member_001
09-29-2008, 06:24 AM
I'm glad I spent time with friends instead of watching this game. It would have just left me depressed. :tsk:

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Dear Clay,

I love you man.

I want to drink a beer with you.

I love the Broncos.

Never say, I'm glad we lost.

Losing creates nothing. You only get 16 games in one season, not 162 or 82. You get 16 brother. You can lose in baseball and basketball, it's ok. It's not ok to lose in Football when it's a game you should of won and you were the better team, talent wise. That one game can cost you the division, a home playoff game, etc.,

Sincerely,

9'er!!!

Rex
09-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Dear Clay,

I love you man.

I love the Broncos.

Losing creates nothing. You only get 16 games in one season, not 162 or 82. You get 16 brother. You can lose in baseball and basketball, it's ok. It's not ok to lose in Football when it's a game you should of won and you were the better team, talent wise. That one game can cost you the division, a home playoff game, etc.,

Sincerely,

9'er!!!

I want to give you a back rub.

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
I want to give you a back rub.

Upper right, I'll take you up on it!!

claymore
09-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Dear Clay,

I love you man.

I love the Broncos.

Sincerely,

9'er!!!

Yeah Im not glad we lost. I was just upset..... I also said I hope Favre has rectal bleeding, and I dont mean that.

But hopefully this wakes these guys up. Young team and an important lesson to not overlook a team.

DallasChief
09-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Yeah Im not glad we lost. I was just upset..... I also said I hope Favre has rectal bleeding, and I dont mean that.

But hopefully this wakes these guys up. Young team and an important lesson to not overlook a team.

Don't back down, clay. I'm glad the Broncos lost too.

MOtorboat
09-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Don't back down, clay. I'm glad the Broncos lost too.

No you're not. You're a closet Broncos fan, remember.

Rex
09-29-2008, 08:41 AM

Its OK Clay. Everyone was upset. But look, the sun came up and you are not a midget.:D

BigDaddyBronco
09-29-2008, 08:42 AM

Yea I didn't respond yesterday because I thought you were either having an "episode" or were drunk.

I'm never glad that we lost, nor am I ever unhappy for a win (even when we beat the Chargers with help this year). I am glad that we, as fans, got a reality check and should temper our expectations. We aren't going to win the SB with this team until it gets a defense. It will be fun to watch and we can make the playoffs, but I like what Chris Carter said. "I've seen this story before, and it ends on a cold day in December or January."

BigDaddyBronco
09-29-2008, 08:43 AM
The sudden resurgence by the Chefs has him confused again.

claymore
09-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Yea I didn't respond yesterday because I thought you were either having an "episode" or were drunk.

I'm never glad that we lost, nor am I ever unhappy for a win (even when we beat the Chargers with help this year). I am glad that we, as fans, got a reality check and should temper our expectations. We aren't going to win the SB with this team until it gets a defense. It will be fun to watch and we can make the playoffs, but I like what Chris Carter said. "I've seen this story before, and it ends on a cold day in December or January."

You were correct on both things. I was drunk and having an episode. :laugh:

DallasChief
09-29-2008, 08:45 AM

Yeah, and you're really a giant.

BeefStew25
09-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah, and you're really a giant.

DC, I am glad you aren't a jerk. Thank you my friend, for not piling on.

Rex
09-29-2008, 08:48 AM

The letters B.F.F mean something.

BigDaddyBronco
09-29-2008, 08:50 AM

DC is the man, but it's kind of hard to pile on when you are going to be 4 - 12 or 3 -13 this year.

DallasChief
09-29-2008, 08:51 AM
DC is the man, but it's kind of hard to pile on when you are going to be 4 - 12 or 3 -13 this year.

That wasn't nice, BDB.

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 08:51 AM
You were correct on both things. I was drunk and having an episode. :laugh:

Like CSWIL, will you rub my back??

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 08:52 AM
dc is the man, but it's kind of hard to pile on when you are going to be 4 - 12 or 3 -13 this year.

1-15

claymore
09-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Like CSWIL, will you rub my back??
Ill work on the corns on your feet while Cswil gets your back. Full spa treatment.

DC can give you the happy ending since he is in such a good mood. :D

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Ill work on the corns on your feet while Cswil gets your back. Full spa treatment.

DC can give you the happy ending since he is in such a good mood. :D

Deal. I'm not sure I want DC slobbering on me though.

BigDaddyBronco
09-29-2008, 08:55 AM
That wasn't nice, BDB.
Would you rather me say, DC is an *******, but the Chefs are going to the SB?

DallasChief
09-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Would you rather me say, DC is an *******, but the Chefs are going to the SB?

Yes.

MOtorboat
09-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes.

I'm disappointed, I even gave you a thread to flame away...:tsk:

BigDaddyBronco
09-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes.

:tsk:

Selling your rep for the SB. I guess I might understand if I hadn't seen a SB win for the Broncos in my lifetime.