09-28-2008, 03:33 PM
:beer:
:salute:

jrelway
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM
been known that.

claymore
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
He sucks ass. Why we have invested a 100 million dollars in 2 corner backs and have the worst D line in football escapes me. Berry, Hayward, Price........ We let them go cause of money yet........ We couldnt put pressure on a drunk slut.

dogfish
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
well maybe our retarded jackass excuse for an efensive coordinator should have flipped our corners and let our best cover guy play their best receiver-- maybe that would have been a good idea, since they kept going right at him. . . but no, we need our top corner to shadow their tight end. . . and fullback! didn't we bring boss here because his length and athleticism matched up well with tight ends in coverage? oh wait-- when we did have him on gonzo he got beat for a TD. . . nevermind. . .

still, an honest attempt to generate some pressure would be nice. . . .

MOtorboat
09-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Hot Carl sighting!

ydave77
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
well maybe our retarded jackass excuse for an efensive coordinator should have flipped our corners and let our best cover guy play their best receiver-- maybe that would have been a good idea, since they kept going right at him. . . but no, we need our top corner to shadow their tight end. . . and fullback! didn't we bring boss here because his length and athleticism matched up well with tight ends in coverage? oh wait-- when we did have him on gonzo he got beat for a TD. . . nevermind. . .

Dog....been a while for me on here..but looks like we still think alike. I just posted a thread exactly about that a few mins ago. No clue why Champ coudlnt have shut down Bowe, and effectively their entire passing game today.

hotcarl
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM
They should cut him first thing tomorrow to make a statement

worst defense ever
:elefant:

Timmy!
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM

Couldn't have said it better. I was yelling to put Champ on Bowe all game...but it never happened. They ran 2 routes that 15 yard out to the same side of the field with him all friggin game. JMFW and Bly got beat each time (seriously, I like JMFW, but why the hell did they have him on Bowe..that's just retraded, and on the efensive cordinator). How hard is it to defend 1 friggin route to the the exact same side of the field with the same player every time.

Medford Bronco
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
They should cut him first thing tomorrow to make a statement

worst defense ever
:elefant:

lol I think the 1976 Buccanners D was a bit worse than we are;)

hotcarl
09-28-2008, 03:50 PM
lol I think the 1976 Buccanners D was a bit worse than we are;)

no one will ever know...

in other news... get out of my thread.

tia
:welcome:

dogfish
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Dog....been a while for me on here..but looks like we still think alike. I just posted a thread exactly about that a few mins ago. No clue why Champ coudlnt have shut down Bowe, and effectively their entire passing game today.

hey dave, good to see ya on the board!

:cheers:

scott.475
09-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Remember when we first got Bly and there was all that speculation and talk that myabe he really did not want to be in Denver? Well, maybe he really doesn't, and it is coming through in his play. One of the best CB tandems in the league??? Don't think so.

Our coverage scheme has got to change...receivers are routinely catching the ball with our coverage 5+ yards away. That can't all be because of lack of talent, the scheme really sucks.

JONtheBRONCO
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Yes he does.

SR
09-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Sarah Palin + Harley Davidson = heart melting.

PS: Dre Bly blows

Rex
09-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Worst Defense in NFL.

SR
09-28-2008, 06:08 PM
No different than last year, only the offense is much better even though you wouldn't know it today.

weazel
09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
schemes are not goingto help a cornerback that is routinely burned over and over again by half-ass receivers. Bly is horrible, paymah is just as worse.

Broncos Mtnman
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
He's weak, but he did chase down LJ on his first big run. If he doesn't catch him from behind, LJ scores a TD. As it was, KC had to settle for a FG.

Just sayin'

As far as his pass coverage goes, two Champ Bailey's could do no better. Until the line gets to the QB on a regular basis, our corners are going to be on an island on every play.

BeefStew25
09-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Anyone opposite Champ is going to be hated. There is no way around it.

dogfish
09-28-2008, 10:45 PM
i believe cromartie was an all-pro last year, and we saw brandon marshall just utterly dominate and abuse him. . . with no pass rush at all, almost any corner is going to get beat. . .

sneakers
09-28-2008, 11:29 PM
I love the anger in this thread.

G_Money
09-28-2008, 11:31 PM
The problem isn't that Bly sucks - he's not Champ, but we knew that. Run support is a Champ strength and a Bly weakness, for instance.

But the problem is we're paying him and Champ a ton of cash to do the impossible: cover guys for as many seconds as it takes and hope the QB makes a bad throw, because he's NEVER GETTING SACKED.

You can't pay that kind of money for guys and then set them up for absolute failure like that.

That would be like drafting Dan Marino and then giving him no line so he has to be a scrambling QB. You remove the strengths of the player, and then that player becomes ordinary.

Champ and Dre are ball hawks. Ball hawks need to know the ball is coming within X amount of time so they can make a play on it. Endless time for the QB = castration of our very expensive CB tandem.

BTW, Jack Williams is the same. He's an opportunist. If there are no opportunities, then they can't be the players they should be.

But with Dre and Champ chewing up so much salary betwen them, I'm not sure we're gonna be able to add the pass-rushers in FA necessary to make them effective. Not while re-signing Marshall, Dum, Scheffler, Kuper, etc. They're all up for FA after next year aren't they?

I think one of Bly or Champ has to go to get the pass-rusher in here. Nobody's taking Graham off our hands, and he's still keeping Jay alive by helping Harris out. DJ just got extended and we're into Boss for a few more years.

So in order to get our secondary to work we need at least one cover safety and a pass rush, and since we WON'T BLITZ (stupid Slowik...) we'll need an end or two.

If we want a proven one...I think we lose a corner to do it. And as much as I was not thrilled by Bly's addition, it's not his fault that we have to lose a corner. We just can't find a DC who can bring pressure without superhuman efforts from his players.

Which means we need to add Superman to the team.

~G

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
What is left on Champ's contract? Does anybody know off-hand?

Jerz
09-29-2008, 12:09 AM
schemes are not goingto help a cornerback that is routinely burned over and over again by half-ass receivers. Bly is horrible, paymah is just as worse.

Weazel I agree both are horrible but I disagree about a scheme not being able to help. Anytime you can force a QB to get rid of the ball within 2-3 seconds or cause him to throw of his back foot because of pressure whether it be your front four(wishful thinking) or blitz gives the corners a good chance to make plays on the ball contrary to giving Freakin Huard all the time he needs to find a 15yrd out route all day long. I believe if Slowik had a brain he would have Champ follow their best reciever shift safety help to Bly and blitz the living s*** out of ppl it cant hurt we already are giving up big plays anyway.

Timmy!
09-29-2008, 01:16 AM
What is left on Champ's contract? Does anybody know off-hand?

I should kick you in the head for thinking of getting ride of Champ, he's a best in run support, Bly is not. If we have to get rid of one, Bly is the answer, he's by far not worth what we're paying him, but the fact our defensive scheme resembles a retarded midget trying to slam dunk a basketball, what can you expect? G mentioned it...can we blitz (and I mean run blitz too)....or stunt or SOMETHING....please. Seriously....If my X can figure out our defense something is seriously wrong, and that's on the coaches.

Retired_Member_001
09-29-2008, 06:21 AM
I remember how excited we were (minus Jrwiz) when we got Dre' Bly. He's really not been what we expected though. Of course, to be fair to the guy, it's hard to do well when the rest of your defense sucks.

gobroncsnv
09-29-2008, 06:51 AM
As far as his pass coverage goes, two Champ Bailey's could do no better. Until the line gets to the QB on a regular basis, our corners are going to be on an island on every play.

Same island where they film LOST...

Reidman
11-23-2008, 11:58 PM
I guess I was one of the few who got snowballed into thinking this guy would be the ying to Champ's yang but WTF...? He has got to be the most overrated player in football, and perhaps that is due to the notoriety he received when we traded for him

He gets beat consistently, doesn't seem to possess ball awareness and his tackling leaves much to be desired.

Think we can add that to the list of positions come draft day...

broncofaninfla
11-24-2008, 09:32 AM
The only thing certain about this game is Favre will test Bly deep. He burned him last year in OT against the Packers Bly has been burned deep countless times since. Hard to believe he is our highest paid DB.

Traveler
11-24-2008, 10:02 AM
First player to have his contract restuctured this offseason IMO. Can't remember where I read this but, I believe he's the highest paid player on the roster this year.

BigDaddyBronco
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Dre Bly got owned by Ashley Lelie. That is all.

broncofaninfla
11-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Dre Bly got owned by Ashley Lelie. That is all.

Bly get's owned week in and week out. He is VERY susceptible to the deep ball. :mad:

Day1BroncoFan
11-24-2008, 10:13 AM
I think I see him getting owned at least twice a game. He gets owned even now that Champ isn't playing.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I still think Dre is a good corner -- and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for several reasons. (A) The type of coverage schemes Slowik is making them play and (B) The fact that we have absolutely no pass rush. We're 22nd in the league in that regard; and when you don't put pressure on opposing quarterbacks -- you don't get turnovers and they pick you apart.

I think his over-aggressive nature at CB is his Achilles Heel in many ways, but it has also been a great strength of his throughout his career. Outside a few corners in this league, almost anyone would struggle given the current defensive fiasco we're in.

Pretty much, it comes down to what Claymore said a long time ago. Why invest near a hundred million dollars in two corners, when you can't even put a finger on the quarterback?

For some reason, Denver thought building from your secondary forward was the better idea; but time and time again -- it has been proven that securing quality players in the trenches will yield you long-term benefits. I mean, just look at some of the Super Bowl teams as of late. Maybe a few quality corners, but most had fantastic defensive lines with average to above-average names at the CB position.

I want to see Bly do better, but ya'll have to realize he needs some help in it too.

shank
11-24-2008, 11:41 AM
^ great post dream

MOtorboat
11-24-2008, 11:48 AM
I still think Dre is a good corner -- and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for several reasons. (A) The type of coverage schemes Slowik is making them play and (B) The fact that we have absolutely no pass rush. We're 22nd in the league in that regard; and when you don't put pressure on opposing quarterbacks -- you don't get turnovers and they pick you apart.

I think his over-aggressive nature at CB is his Achilles Heel in many ways, but it has also been a great strength of his throughout his career. Outside a few corners in this league, almost anyone would struggle given the current defensive fiasco we're in.

Pretty much, it comes down to what Claymore said a long time ago. Why invest near a hundred million dollars in two corners, when you can't even put a finger on the quarterback?

For some reason, Denver thought building from your secondary forward was the better idea; but time and time again -- it has been proven that securing quality players in the trenches will yield you long-term benefits. I mean, just look at some of the Super Bowl teams as of late. Maybe a few quality corners, but most had fantastic defensive lines with average to above-average names at the CB position.

I want to see Bly do better, but ya'll have to realize he needs some help in it too.

Great post Dream. I think Shanahan has been trying to build back to front for years...

He's done that somewhat on the offense too, drafting the quarterback before the left tackle, the wide receiver before the right tackle, and so on...

His building of a team does lack some consistency and tends to go against norms. Mastermind of a General Manager he may not be. :woot: Yoda.