Northman
09-28-2008, 03:20 PM
So what happened to us today?

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 03:22 PM
we got our asses kicked by one of the worst teams in the league

Northman
09-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I figured that, anything in specific? How is it K.C can make our offense look like last year?

MileHighWrath
09-28-2008, 03:25 PM
4 offensive turnovers = a loss. without those it's most likely a win. Just DISGUSTING!

The Broncos need to look in the mirror ... that was embarrassing.

G_Money
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Offense:

- Cutler was playing poorly, threw two picks and made poor decisions all day.

- Running game never got in gear, so we couldn't do what we had to do. Bad sign for rest of the year if we can't even run on the Chiefs.

- Royal fumbled after making a catch, but was otherwise good in the return and receiving game (though he did drop a poor pass that would have gotten us 4 more points).

- play-calling was a disaster, with gimmick plays on 3rd-and-1 instead of just trying for the first.

- players heads weren't in the game - Graham going out of bounds just before the half with half a yard to get a first instead of getting the first being a good example. Kern bailed him out, but it was still dumb.

- Without two heroic kicks from Kern from 50+ we look even worse, even though he did miss a chippie. I think he made up for it.

Defense:

- Couldn't stop the run - gave up 100+ on the ground just in the first half.

- Couldn't stop the pass - Huard had seven incomplete passes on the day...but half of those were completed, just a little out of bounds. It wasn't OUR doing.

- Couldn't pressure the QB. Had a couple of rare glimpses at it, but even when Albert went down and had to be carted off we couldn't make any headway on getting to Huard.

ST:

- Some hard hits by guys like Larsen, but some very inconsistent coverages. Even when we got the chance to kick off to KC they normally got good field position out of it.

- failure by Larsen on the onsides kick. He was in the right place, just couldn't make the play.

- Royal had some good returns tho.

Overall:

HORRIBLE game in all facets. Coaches on all 3 facets of the game, players, attitude, everything.

I'd say I hope they got it all out of their systems in one game, but with the way the D has played the last 3 weeks, I think that's just our defense and we were right about Slowik being incompetent.

Hopefully the O doesn't have too many more games like this. We need them to be a high-functioning unit in order to win.

It's just not in the makeup of our defense to overcome.

~G

Northman
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Offense:

- Running game never got in gear, so we couldn't do what we had to do. Bad sign for rest of the year if we can't even run on the Chiefs.

- Royal fumbled after making a catch, but was otherwise good in the return and receiving game (though he did drop a poor pass that would have gotten us 4 more points).

- play-calling was a disaster, with gimmick plays on 3rd-and-1 instead of just trying for the first.

- players heads weren't in the game - Graham going out of bounds just before the half with half a yard to get a first instead of getting the first being a good example. Kern bailed him out, but it was still dumb.

- Without two heroic kicks from Kern from 50+ we look even worse, even though he did miss a chippie. I think he made up for it.

Defense:

- Couldn't stop the pass - Huard had seven incomplete passes on the day...but half of those were completed, just a little out of bounds. It wasn't OUR doing.

- Couldn't pressure the QB. Had a couple of rare glimpses at it, but even when Albert went down and had to be carted off we couldn't make any headway on getting to Huard.

ST:

- Some hard hits by guys like Larsen, but some very inconsistent coverages. Even when we got the chance to kick off to KC they normally got good field position out of it.

- failure by Larsen on the onsides kick. He was in the right place, just couldn't make the play.

Overall:

HORRIBLE game in all facets. Coaches on all 3 facets of the game, players, attitude, everything.

I'd say I hope they got it all out of their systems in one game, but with the way the D has played the last 3 weeks, I think that's just our defense and we were right about Slowik being incompetent.

Hopefully the O doesn't have too many more games like this. We need them to be a high-functioning unit in order to win.

~G

Thanks for the work with the explanation. Yea, sounds like a recipe for a loss when your not prepared or have your heart in the right place. Lets hope this wakes them back up.

Tebow4Ever
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Last Time I checked. Kern was the punter 8-)

Offense:

Defense:

ST:

Overall:

~G

G_Money
09-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't even pay attention. I actually wrote prater and then switched it out. ;)

prater looks like punter, and Kern starts with a K like Kicker.

It's not my fault they're named wrong.

~G

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM
~G

What the Hell was up with that? Pittman was killing them ALL day, but in a situation that sets up perfectly to give him the ball and charge straight ahead, we try and get fancy.

That's a rookie, agressive play-caller for you. Let's hope Bates learns from a few of those play calls.

slim
09-28-2008, 03:53 PM
We sucked ass today.

That is all.

BroncoTech
09-28-2008, 03:56 PM
They only have 2 offensive threats, Bowe and LJ, and LJ had 197 yards and Bowe beat Bly one on one every time. Cutty not hitting the open man.

But then again the Raiders are handing it to the sparklers at this point, so maybe just a day of upsets.

Northman
09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
They only have 2 offensive threats, Bowe and LJ, and LJ had 197 yards and Bowe beat Bly one on one every time. Cutty not hitting the open man.

But then again the Raiders are handing it to the sparklers at this point, so maybe just a day of upsets.

Seems to be the theme this weekend both in College and the NFL. Weird.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Cutler regressed to last year. He locked onto Marshall all game. He stared down Marshall and fired to him in double coverage. Meanwhile Tony Scheffler was wide open down the middle. Sure TD. In fact it was almost a TD against the Raiders and he did it ALL Training Camp.

Not sure whats going on with Cutler he has made some bad plays the last 2 weeks. That said he just needs to tighten it up and that could easily correct it.

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Its almost like we play better without Marshall...forces Cutler to look to other guys. I have never seen our offense as good as it was against Oakland...and I think Oakland is proving that they arent as bad a team as we made them look in week 1.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Its almost like we play better without Marshall...forces Cutler to look to other guys. I have never seen our offense as good as it was against Oakland...and I think Oakland is proving that they arent as bad a team as we made them look in week 1.

The thing is Cutler wasn't looking only to Marshall to start. He hit Royal, Stokely, and Scheff. It was just on key plays where he would lock into Marshall. Almost like a security blanket.

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 05:22 PM
he needs to break that habit...quickly

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2008, 05:23 PM

I certainly hope that Cutler recognizes that he has MANY weapons - not just Marshall. He needs to use them all. It would be different if Marshall was the ONLY weapon out there. We have a solid offense, but not if Cutler picks and chooses who he wants to involve.