PDA

View Full Version : Before the blame game starts....

broncophan
09-28-2008, 03:20 PM
The broncos were not going to go 16-0......so lets not start all the negative fire this person and get rid that person crap....

It was one divisional road game....that's it......regroup for the next game....and hopefully find some defense somewhere...:confused:

Northman
09-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Unfortuantely, we should still be winning games like this. This will come and bite us in the ass later this year. This is a game we should of won pretty handidly.

broncophan
09-28-2008, 03:24 PM
sure...on paper we should have won....but as we all know....anything can happen in the NFL...esp.........with all the turnovers we had...

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 03:25 PM
uhhhh we just gave up 33 points to one of the worst offenses in the league

and we only scored 19 points against one of the worst defenses in the league

if we had lost a game like this to a good team, not a huge deal...but KC has not won a game in nearly an entire year.

MOtorboat
09-28-2008, 03:26 PM

if we had lost a game like this to a good team, not a huge deal...but KC has not won a game in nearly an entire year.

The Chiefs might finish 1-15....

Absolutely inexcusable to play like that against a team like this. The defensive front is probably the most pathetic in football.

MOtorboat
09-28-2008, 03:27 PM
The broncos were not going to go 16-0......so lets not start all the negative fire this person and get rid that person crap....

It was one divisional road game....that's it......regroup for the next game....and hopefully find some defense somewhere...:confused:

Just like all of these other homers around here, you're kidding yourself if you think Denver is any more than a 10-6 football team, and that's on the positive side.

broncophan
09-28-2008, 03:30 PM

Have you not watched our defense the past 4 weeks???

Our offense turns the ball over...what....4 times??......cant score 30-40 points when that happens.....

Sadly....this happens in the NFL......regroup for next week....and hope we go 4-1...

MOtorboat
09-28-2008, 03:30 PM

Um, yeah...it's horrible.

I guarantee that's the most points scored by the Chiefs this year.

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 03:31 PM
The Chiefs might finish 1-15....

Nah they play our D again....2-14

broncophan
09-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Just like all of these other homers around here, you're kidding yourself if you think Denver is any more than a 10-6 football team, and that's on the positive side.

I never thought that Denver was a 10-6 team ....let alone any better.....hope I am wrong though...

Medford Bronco
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM
All I have to say is embarassing.

Now carry on....

Medford Bronco
09-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I never thought that Denver was a 10-6 team ....let alone any better.....hope I am wrong though...

I thought 9-7 going into the year.
but I did not think our D was as bad as it is

and our offense has been a bit better than I thought, going in, except for today.

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Have you not watched the Chiefs the last 20 games?

MasterShake
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM

You think maybe that coupled with a division rival at home maybe stepped up there game a bit? The rematch at Invesco will be completely different. I hope! :D

broncophan
09-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Have you not watched the Chiefs the last 20 games?

Yep....but this is the nfl....and upsets happen....

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Yep....but this is the nfl....and upsets happen....

let's not make blind excuses...upsets happen for two reasons:

1) a team is overrated

2) the better team plays terribly

perhaps this game was a little of both.

broncophan
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM
let's not make blind excuses...upsets happen for two reasons:

1) a team is overrated

2) the better team plays terribly

perhaps this game was a little of both.

I have to agree with you....

nevcraw
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
This game confirmed what we all already new.. If cutler has a bad game the rest of the team is too young and not good enough yet to overcome it..
I agree Lesson learned, move onto next week.
We still dont know who these denver broncos because they do not know who they are.. Those that claim they do are just trying to look smart on an internet messaging board..

Retired_Member_001
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry, but we should be beating the teams like the Chiefs. If we can't beat them, then there are serious issues.

MOtorboat
09-28-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry, but we should be beating the teams like the Chiefs. If we can't beat them, then there are serious issues.

As was suspected by people without their orange-tinted glasses on...

Dean
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Even if we had an average defense and we obviously do not, four turn overs and Un-special coverage teams. Would make it very difficult to win. There are not many teams that have had four turn overs and still won the game. There is far too much parity in the league to have that occur on any regular basis. . . no matter who the team is.

He hasn't done well as a co-ordinator at Green Bay but until he gets some weapons to work with other than Champ how can he be the problem. Under the present personnel, it would require devine intervention to make much of a difference.

Watchthemiddle
09-28-2008, 06:12 PM
This really should come as no surprise to anyone on here. We have all seen our D play so far this year, and for some reason playing in KC has always been bad for the Broncos.

This is a typical let down game after the last 2 weeks. No excuses, the entire TEAM played bad, but hopefully it will be a slap in the face to this team and wake some people up.

broncobryce
09-28-2008, 09:19 PM
In division, away games are tough regardless. And Shanahan's record in KC is like 3-13. We lost because of turnovers, period.

scott.475
09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, our offense has scored 41, 39, 34 and 19 points this year. Today's game disrupts what the emerging pattern is.

Our defense has allowed 14, 38, 33, and 32 points. Sadly, OAK's 14 points is the only disruption to the emerging pattern for our D.

You simply cannot allow 30+ points in 3 out of 4 games and expect to make it very far in this league, because sooner or later your O is going to stumble. In some cases, if your D is any good, you should still be able to pull out a win even when your O can only put up 19 points.

If this was just a one game defensive anomaly, I would agree with the original post, but the obvious pattern says this is no anomaly.

broncosfanscott
09-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Unfortuantely, we should still be winning games like this. This will come and bite us in the ass later this year. This is a game we should of won pretty handidly.

True, to be successful in the NFL you need to beat the teams you are supposed to beat and we were supposed to beat KC. That didn't happen however because KC plays well at home and we did turn the ball over 4 times. Do that and you can't really expect to win. Fortunatly the next time we play it will be in Denver.

jrelway
09-29-2008, 10:04 AM
mostly all of our starters made mistakes yesterday. why the hell do we keep trying to throw to graham. all he can do is block from what i can see. i barely saw tony scheffler out there.

56crash
09-29-2008, 11:55 AM
mostly all of our starters made mistakes yesterday. why the hell do we keep trying to throw to graham. all he can do is block from what i can see. i barely saw tony scheffler out there.

dont blame tony he was wide open on a play in the middle of the field instead Cutler looked 5 yard longer down field and thew into triple coverage ....

jrelway
09-29-2008, 12:00 PM
not blaming tony, he should be out there more often is what im saying. their secondaries cant cover marshall, royal, and sheffler.

LRtagger
09-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Let us also not forget that along with the 4 TO's we had 3 redzone FG attempts. So if we score TDs in the redzone like we have been doing so far this year, we win by 1 point.

But it is still a discrace to give up 33 points to the Chefs. They only had 10 points off turnovers if I remember correctly.

pnbronco
09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
In division, away games are tough regardless. And Shanahan's record in KC is like 3-13. We lost because of turnovers, period.

Hey I feel the same way. You can't win games with 4 turnovers. Plus the only Bronco team I every actually remember winning in Arrowhead with some ease was the year of the lockout with replacement players, we just don't win there.

Plus we do not have ball control. You can't leave a good D on the field that long and expect good things to happen. I hope Jay sees the tape today and can see how much he has locked onto Marshall, which is something we have talked about since camp. I know I said this yesterday but the I could not believe how many Chief Fans were at the game yesterday, it was full and all red with them losing 12 games in a row.

turftoad
09-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey I feel the same way. You can't win games with 4 turnovers. Plus the only Bronco team I every actually remember winning in Arrowhead with some ease was the year of the lockout with replacement players, we just don't win there.

Plus we do not have ball control. You can't leave a good D on the field that long and expect good things to happen. I hope Jay sees the tape today and can see how much he has locked onto Marshall, which is something we have talked about since camp. I know I said this yesterday but the I could not believe how many Chief Fans were at the game yesterday, it was full and all red with them losing 12 games in a row.

Division rivals should always fill the stadium.

I know it's tough to play in KC but still, they are one of the worst teams in the league.
We needed that one.

KCL
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM

Broncos won last year at Arrowhead.I couldn't remember the score so I had to look it up...27-11.

Medford Bronco
09-30-2008, 12:59 AM

The Super Bowl team in 98 won with ease on a Monday night game.

It was when Derrick Thomas (God rest his soul) melted down big time and took like 3 personal foul penalties and we won like 34-7 I believe with Bubby playing. yes these games are/were few and far between in KC.

I have to give KC credit. They came out and did not turn it over and ran the ball on us quite well. LJ loves playing Denver as he has dominated us in this career. congrats to them. they deserved to win..

Now on to Tampa. at least its at home.

Shazam!
09-30-2008, 01:25 AM

That was absolutely friggin' hilarious! I remember Bubby Brister running like 40 yds. in the opening qtr. That was a thorough embarassment. Sharpe was bullying the fans. If I remember right, Marty resigned shortly after the game?

What a glorious time for the Denver Broncos. Hard to believe it was 10 years ago. Sigh.

silkamilkamonico
09-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Lot of ignorant posts in here.

Anything happens in rivalry divisional games, regardless of talent.

2004 Patriots went on to win the SuperBowl with a regular season 14-2 record. One of their losses? To a 4-12 Miami Dolphins squad.

Quit crying. It happens.

KCL
09-30-2008, 05:58 AM

It was when Derrick Thomas (God rest his soul) melted down big time and took like 3 personal foul penalties and we won like 34-7 I believe with Bubby playing. yes these games are/were few and far between in KC.

I have to give KC credit. They came out and did not turn it over and ran the ball on us quite well. LJ loves playing Denver as he has dominated us in this career. congrats to them. they deserved to win..

Now on to Tampa. at least its at home.

:mad:

Please Med...don't remind me of that game.:lol: Yea DT was a hell of a player but absolutely lost it that night.

Poor Derrick :sad: Miss the guy!