PDA

View Full Version : Our current DTs...

SmilinAssasSin27
02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
I was looking at the roster and began to wonder how our current DTs would perform in a 4-3 defense. We all have been critical of the DLine, and for good reason, but is it possible that our NT experiments may actually excel side by side in a 4-3? Or at least be stable/solid while we rebuild? Fields weighs 315 and Williams is about 350. Vickerson is 320, Thomas is 315 and Bannan is 310. I am completely aware that measurements are not an indicator of performance, but is it possible that this group could hold down the fort at DT for a season or 2 while we groom a 2nd round DT and add more youth in 2012?

Given our current roster, is it possible that adding Bowers at DE may actually be the smart move? The numbers alone indicate that we have a plethora of bodies who fit well at DT, while our DEs include smallish Doom, Ayers who hasn't played NFL DE (but I believe he can) and ??? Veikune is small. Is Hunter a DE? Even McBean looks to be a better DT fit.

Now I don't know all the contract situations, but it seems to me that all signs point to Bowers...or dare I say Peterson...for Denver in 2011. I know this may not be the popular decision. But is not taking a DT the right one given our current roster structure?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
All I know is that both Alfred Williams and Stink have said all along that the Broncos have the personnel to play the 4-3, not the 3-4.

cuzz4169
02-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Fields (FA) should be gone...I think the guy to watch in the move to the 4-3 is Marcus Thomas (FA). He's a penetrating and gap DT, 4-3 is perfect for him. Williams, Vickerson (FA) & Bannan are avg at best but they r bodies we need more talented players. Mcbean (FA)

As for Bowers I'm just not sold on him. He has the motor but I need to see his athletic ability, I want to see his combine results. Will he be that much better than Ayers at DE that we should use the #2 pick on him? When we just spent the 18th pick on a DE and tried to make him a OLB.

Hunter can play DE and Haggen can also in pass rush situations.

I am ok with drafting any of these guys:
Nick Fairley
Da'Quan Bowers
Patrick Peterson
Marcell Dareus
and my surprise pick is:
Von Miller I love this guy....Line him up at the WLB and pass rush him in passing situations. I know this is big praise but he reminds me of Derrick Thomas. I think this kid is gonna be a STUD!!

dogfish
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Our current DTs...

completely and absolutely suck donkey balls?

yep, i'd say that about describes the situation. . .

gobroncsnv
02-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Unless they've been told to not pressure the QB or stop the run game, these guys just don't cut it.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-17-2011, 09:01 AM
I actually do think that our current crop of DTs could play in a 4-3. Our biggest problem with the 4-3 under Shanahan was that we always ignored the D-line and our DTs were small. In trying to find bigger guys for the 3-4 over the past 2 years (we actually have some huge interior D-linemen right now), we finally have some really big DTs on the roster who I think would do a good job keeping our LBs (especially the Mike) clean to run free to the ball.

I think Bannan, Thomas, and Vickerson (all were 4-3 DTs before and never played DE until they came here) are our best projected 4-3 tackles. Add Dareus or Fairley to that mix and I think we have a recipe for success. I actually think we're better off at tackle than at DE.

If we pick up a FA DT like Mebane or Solai, I really think it allows us to take a really hard look at Bowers instead of a DT. I don't care what anyone says or thinks about Ayers, you can never have too many pass rushers on your team. Just assuming we don't need another DE because Doom is coming back from injury is asking for trouble. What happens if Doom gets hurt again? Yep, we still have no pass rush. What happens if Ayers is the guy to get hurt? Yep, nobody to set the edge vs the run on the strong side.

I think we project better as a 4-3 than a 3-4 right now and with one or two more DL pieces along with a real 4-3 LB or two, I think the defense can turn it around quickly.

Safety is also becoming a concern because neither of the two guys we've drafted in the past 2 years in the 2nd and 4th round seem to be panning out.

Right now, I'd like to see us trade down (not in the first, in the SECOND) for a couple more picks and maybe pick up an extra 3rd or 4th:

1st round - DL (DE or DT)
2nd round - DL (the other one we didn't take in the first)
2nd round - trade down and pick up more picks then take a Safety late in the second
3rd round - LB
3rd-4th - CB

TXBRONC
02-17-2011, 09:07 AM
The guys we have are second tier players regardless of the scheme we run. Vickerson might be better in a 4-3. Jamal is just old so I really don't how much switching to a 4-3 would help him. Thomas is good reserve player as is Fields.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-17-2011, 09:17 AM
The guys we have are second tier players regardless of the scheme we run. Vickerson might be better in a 4-3. Jamal is just old so I really don't how much switching to a 4-3 would help him. Thomas is good reserve player as is Fields.

I don't know if Jamal wold really play much of a factor, but I do believe that switching to a 4-3 would help him. He wouldn't be the only guy trying to hold the point vs the run and push the pocket. He'd be getting help inside from a 3 technique which would allow him to gap fill more than just get stood up all the time. Especially if we got a good/penetrating 3 technique like Fairley or Dareus. Who do you double team... the young stud penetrating 3 technique or the old bull NT who's trying to eat your RBs?

Really though I think if we switch to 4-3, Vickerson will probably get the job as the new NT. He's still 330 lbs and he's much quicker than Jamal Williams is.

SOCALORADO.
02-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Jamal is old, and will not be a factor at DT. He has no explosiveness, and cannot pressure the QB in that scheme. Same for Fields. He was a project under Nolan in SF as a NT, and has no clue as to being a DT.
As of right now, DENs best 4-3 DT is Marcus Thomas, and hes a rotational player at best. Could become a starter though. He needs work to go back to what he knows best.
Basically DEN is in trouble on the front 7.
DEN needs to draft 2 4-3 DTs and a 4-3 DE high in this draft, or get Mebane in FA (pipe dream)
Cut Jamal, cut Fields. One is old, and has no ability anymore, especially in changing to a new scheme, and the other was a project at best that Nolan worked with.

TXBRONC
02-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Jamal is old, and will not be a factor at DT. He has no explosiveness, and cannot pressure the QB in that scheme. Same for Fields. He was a project under Nolan in SF as a NT, and has no clue as to being a DT.
As of right now, DENs best 4-3 DT is Marcus Thomas, and hes a rotational player at best. Could become a starter though. He needs work to go back to what he knows best.
Basically DEN is in trouble on the front 7.
DEN needs to draft 2 4-3 DTs and a 4-3 DE high in this draft, or get Mebane in FA (pipe dream)
Cut Jamal, cut Fields. One is old, and has no ability anymore, especially in changing to a new scheme, and the other was a project at best that Nolan worked with.

If Jamal was a little younger then I think he be fine but then he also wouldn't be a Bronco.

My guess is that we're going to keep J. Williams, Thomas and Vickerson and Fields will get cut.

dogfish
02-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Our current DTs...

are hot garbage regardless of scheme and need to be replaced in the worst way if we ever want to win more than six games in one season. . .

underrated29
02-17-2011, 02:01 PM
ayers, doom, thomas, vickerson, hunter, bannan...

I would be in favor of keeping these guys around as players and depth. The rest is trash....

*also should be noted that these above are not trophies either, but we cant spend our entire draft on the DL...we have to keep some people. These are those men.

rcsodak
02-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't know if Jamal wold really play much of a factor, but I do believe that switching to a 4-3 would help him. He wouldn't be the only guy trying to hold the point vs the run and push the pocket. He'd be getting help inside from a 3 technique which would allow him to gap fill more than just get stood up all the time. Especially if we got a good/penetrating 3 technique like Fairley or Dareus. Who do you double team... the young stud penetrating 3 technique or the old bull NT who's trying to eat your RBs?

Really though I think if we switch to 4-3, Vickerson will probably get the job as the new NT. He's still 330 lbs and he's much quicker than Jamal Williams is.
A 43 NT?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

cuzz4169
02-17-2011, 02:28 PM
A 43 NT?

Im sure you know in a 4-3 you use 2 DT's one is technically a NT who controls A gap or shades the OG....the other DT B gap is a 3 technique either he pushes pocket back.

perfect example is Minnesota K. Williams 3 tech and P. Williams NT

dogfish
02-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Our current DTs...

need to ****!

:wave:

rcsodak
02-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Im sure you know in a 4-3 you use 2 DT's one is technically a NT who controls A gap or shades the OG....the other DT B gap is a 3 technique either he pushes pocket back.

perfect example is Minnesota K. Williams 3 tech and P. Williams NT
NT should only be used when speaking of 34, imo. Nose of the ball. DT's can play in 0-3 techniques, but are still DT's in my mind's eye.
potato/potato, I guess.

rcsodak
02-17-2011, 02:52 PM
need to ****!

:wave:
Quit holding back with your teazes, dog...... Tell us how you REALLY feel.

cuzz4169
02-17-2011, 03:43 PM
NT should only be used when speaking of 34, imo. Nose of the ball. DT's can play in 0-3 techniques, but are still DT's in my mind's eye.
potato/potato, I guess.

Well that's why your a fan and not a coach..its base name is a NT....in a 4-3 you have a DT & a NT in a 3-4 you just have a NT and no DT. And In a 3-4 the NT doesn't always line up over the center. The position is NT what are you not understanding? No debate...

bcbronc
02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I agree with HP56. We've got some decent rotational options, we just need to upgrade our top end talent.

A week ago Bowers was my preferred choice (with Peterson and Dareus close behind) but the knee surgery has me reconsidering. I'm not informed enough on how much long term impact his injury will have to say whether he should be off our board now though.

Add 1 DE and 1 DT in our first 3 picks, add them to what we got already in the new scheme and we'll be moving towards a respectable DL.

TXBRONC
02-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I agree with HP56. We've got some decent rotational options, we just need to upgrade our top end talent.

A week ago Bowers was my preferred choice (with Peterson and Dareus close behind) but the knee surgery has me reconsidering. I'm not informed enough on how much long term impact his injury will have to say whether he should be off our board now though.

Add 1 DE and 1 DT in our first 3 picks, add them to what we got already in the new scheme and we'll be moving towards a respectable DL.

My top three guys are Fairley, Dareus, and Bowers. Peterson is way behind those three for what I would like. If Denver trades down and sure can or even want to then Peterson becomes more of an option depending on how far we trade down.

rcsodak
02-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Well that's why your a fan and not a coach..its base name is a NT....in a 4-3 you have a DT & a NT in a 3-4 you just have a NT and no DT. And In a 3-4 the NT doesn't always line up over the center. The position is NT what are you not understanding? No debate...

You enjoy arguing with yourself. No debate...

cuzz4169
02-17-2011, 05:24 PM
You enjoy arguing with yourself. No debate...

Cool just don't make an opinion on something when its not an opinion subject. You give people the wrong information.

rcsodak
02-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Cool just don't make an opinion on something when its not an opinion subject. You give people the wrong information.

'Xcuse me, coach, but EVERYTHING here is "opinion based". BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS.
Here's the deal:you don't criticize my opinion (especially when stated as much) and I wont criticize your spelling. Peachy? :elefant:

cuzz4169
02-17-2011, 11:59 PM
'Xcuse me, coach, but EVERYTHING here is "opinion based". BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS.
Here's the deal:you don't criticize my opinion (especially when stated as much) and I wont criticize your spelling. Peachy? :elefant:

Don't care what you criticize. Not a cry baby I'm grown enough to handle what's behind any door I open.

And its not an opinion when your talking about a name of a position and you don't know what your talking about.

rcsodak
02-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Don't care what you criticize. Not a cry baby I'm grown enough to handle what's behind any door I open.

And its not an opinion when your talking about a name of a position and you don't know what your talking about.

And I'm sure PWilliams (as are ESPN/NFL.COM) will be happy to now learn he's a NT.

cuzz4169
02-18-2011, 11:18 AM
And I'm sure PWilliams (as are ESPN/NFL.COM) will be happy to now learn he's a NT.

Ahh Jamal Williams is listed as DT so what's ur point? In the football world with people who now football in a 4-3 scheme one is a DT and other is a NT. Unbelievable its common knowledge not something I made up. In base 4-3 one of the d-lineman who is technically a NT lines up in a gap shading the center. Ok let's make it simple how many guys play in the box in a 4-3 maybe you know this!? :salute:

CoachChaz
02-18-2011, 11:38 AM
We have a bunch of guys that were forced to play out of position in a scheme they arent used to for 2 years, so we'll just assume they will all suck when playing their natural position and spend our entire draft and FA money on replacements for the DL.

Amazing

SOCALORADO.
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
My top three guys are Fairley, Dareus and Bowers. Peterson is way behind those three for what I would like. If Denver trades down and sure can or even want to then Peterson becomes more of an option depending on how far we trade down.

Yeah, those are my top 3 choices.
Just get one of em, and i really at this point could care less, all of em should be immediate starters, and impact players. I am actually leaning towards. Dareus now. But my opinion on this changes with the wind so, you know...

GEM
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM

Positions on a football scheme are not opinions.

:confused:

SOCALORADO.
02-18-2011, 11:44 AM
We have a bunch of guys that were forced to play out of position in a scheme they arent used to for 2 years, so we'll just assume they will all suck when playing their natural position and spend our entire draft and FA money on replacements for the DL.

Amazing

I only think 2 players Thomas and Williams could even play in a 4-3 and be somewhat productive, but lets face it, DEN needs to revamp the entire front 7 and bad! To me its a mute point. Yeah, sure theres some possible rotational players, but jeez, its high time that DEN just spend the top couple picks and maybe a FA on some solid players up front for once.

Lonestar
02-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I was looking at the roster and began to wonder how our current DTs would perform in a 4-3 defense. We all have been critical of the DLine, and for good reason, but is it possible that our NT experiments may actually excel side by side in a 4-3? Or at least be stable/solid while we rebuild? Fields weighs 315 and Williams is about 350. Vickerson is 320, Thomas is 315 and Bannan is 310. I am completely aware that measurements are not an indicator of performance, but is it possible that this group could hold down the fort at DT for a season or 2 while we groom a 2nd round DT and add more youth in 2012?

Given our current roster, is it possible that adding Bowers at DE may actually be the smart move? The numbers alone indicate that we have a plethora of bodies who fit well at DT, while our DEs include smallish Doom, Ayers who hasn't played NFL DE (but I believe he can) and ??? Veikune is small. Is Hunter a DE? Even McBean looks to be a better DT fit.

Now I don't know all the contract situations, but it seems to me that all signs point to Bowers...or dare I say Peterson...for Denver in 2011. I know this may not be the popular decision. But is not taking a DT the right one given our current roster structure?

Good post But I think we really need a stud DT and the best avaialble DE in the second.

With that the rest of the guys that stick and survive this change in coaching will be better down the road with real coaching and some studs next to them..

But then we have not drafted DT since before mikey on day one.

Tis time to bite the bullet and get some talent in the middle that can grow in size and experience over the next couple of years..

topscribe
02-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Fields (FA) should be gone...I think the guy to watch in the move to the 4-3 is Marcus Thomas (FA). He's a penetrating and gap DT, 4-3 is perfect for him. Williams, Vickerson (FA) & Bannan are avg at best but they r bodies we need more talented players. Mcbean (FA)

As for Bowers I'm just not sold on him. He has the motor but I need to see his athletic ability, I want to see his combine results. Will he be that much better than Ayers at DE that we should use the #2 pick on him? When we just spent the 18th pick on a DE and tried to make him a OLB.

Hunter can play DE and Haggen can also in pass rush situations.

I am ok with drafting any of these guys:
Nick Fairley
Da'Quan Bowers
Patrick Peterson
Marcell Dareus
and my surprise pick is:
Von Miller I love this guy....Line him up at the WLB and pass rush him in passing situations. I know this is big praise but he reminds me of Derrick Thomas. I think this kid is gonna be a STUD!!

Agree on Bowers. Frankly, Coach, I was not overwhelmed by Bowers' highlights.
I personally didn't see explosion from his stance. It seemed that, every time,
he went straight into the blocker. No moves to the right or left, just into the
blocker. If he tries that in the pros, he will be blocked into oblivion.

Fairley is the one who really wowed me. The guy is explosive, has power, and
can go right or left. And he has a nasty streak that, frankly, I like. But that
doesn't mean I'm lobbying for him because I don't claim to be watching through
the eyes of a professional scout . . .

-----

Dean
02-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Good post But I think we really need a stud DT and the best avaialble DE in the second.

With that the rest of the guys that stick and survive this change in coaching will be better down the road with real coaching and some studs next to them..

But then we have not drafted DT since before mikey on day one.

Tis time to bite the bullet and get some talent in the middle that can grow in size and experience over the next couple of years..

I would agree that DT is our greatest need but I see MLB as our second greatest. In no particular order, in my eyes we need starters at ORT, corner, strong OLB, safety, and RB. It will be difficult at the very least to patch the defense this year but we could get a great start on it.

PS Needless to say re-signing Harris and Bailey would help immensely.

TXBRONC
02-19-2011, 09:43 AM
I would agree that DT is our greatest need but I see MLB as our second greatest. In no particular order, in my eyes we need starters at ORT, corner, strong OLB, safety, and RB. It will be difficult at the very least to patch the defense this year but we could get a great start on it.

PS Needless to say re-signing Harris and Bailey would help immensely.

I hope Denver can re-sign Bailey and Harris because that would be two less position to have worry about for the draft.

To your list I would add tight end. Graham seems to be the decline and I don't see much to get excited about with other tight ends.

Northman
02-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Our current DTs...

completely and absolutely suck donkey balls?

yep, i'd say that about describes the situation. . .

Yep. Didnt even need to read past this. The fact that we wavered between the 3-4 and 4-3 the last two years anyway shows we do not have great DT's.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
For me, it's still really hard to judge what we actually have in a 4-3 front. For all intents and purposes, Vickerson should be custom made for it. A John Henderson clone physically (6'5" 330 lbs), he's a mauler and run stuffer and should be entering his prime. I like the thought of Bannan at 3 technique, at least in a rotation, too. He was a rotational guy who came in as a 3-tech and LDE (depending on the front) for Baltimore and was allowed to be a penetrator and not so much a gap-filler/block-eater like we asked him to do. He'd probably do better as a 3 tech than the 5 tech we asked him to play.

We know Doom will likely be the RDE and Ayers likely will be the LDE and I'm guessing Hunter (who is a natural 4-3 DE, although undersized like Doom and Ayers) will be the backup but none of them have proven to be every down players. At least in the 4-3 we won't be asking them to cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield anymore.

From my unexperienced, naked eye, it doesn't seem that we have a ton of talent for the defensive line, but in all honesty, I think it's more scheme and coaching than anything.

Look what Mike Nolan did with an even worse lineup than Wink had... Our front 3 under Nolan was a poor as any in the history of the 3-4 (C'mon, Ron Fields as starting NT???), yet Nolan had them playing at a high level. I think that Allen, under Fox's tutelage can significantly improve our defense with the current personnel and with a few FAs and a no-shit good defensive draft, I think we can easily climb back into the teens.

Mike Nolan proved 2 years ago (and again this year in Miami) that it's more about scheme and coaching than just about having a ton of talented players. If it was just talented players, Dallas would probably win the superbowl every year.

Bring in a Fairley, Bowers, or Dareus type difference maker, solidify the LB corps and secondary in the later rounds and FA, and I think with the right coaching, we'll be in good shape. The one thing I am optimistic about this year is the defense improving. It can't get any worse right? Wink is no longer here right??? :beer:

Northman
02-19-2011, 11:51 AM
For me, it's still really hard to judge what we actually have in a 4-3 front. For all intents and purposes, Vickerson should be custom made for it. A John Henderson clone physically (6'5" 330 lbs), he's a mauler and run stuffer and should be entering his prime. I like the thought of Bannan at 3 technique, at least in a rotation, too. He was a rotational guy who came in as a 3-tech and LDE (depending on the front) for Baltimore and was allowed to be a penetrator and not so much a gap-filler/block-eater like we asked him to do. He'd probably do better as a 3 tech than the 5 tech we asked him to play.

We know Doom will likely be the RDE and Ayers likely will be the LDE and I'm guessing Hunter (who is a natural 4-3 DE, although undersized like Doom and Ayers) will be the backup but none of them have proven to be every down players. At least in the 4-3 we won't be asking them to cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield anymore.

From my unexperienced, naked eye, it doesn't seem that we have a ton of talent for the defensive line, but in all honesty, I think it's more scheme and coaching than anything.

Look what Mike Nolan did with an even worse lineup than Wink had... Our front 3 under Nolan was a poor as any in the history of the 3-4 (C'mon, Ron Fields as starting NT???), yet Nolan had them playing at a high level. I think that Allen, under Fox's tutelage can significantly improve our defense with the current personnel and with a few FAs and a no-shit good defensive draft, I think we can easily climb back into the teens.

Mike Nolan proved 2 years ago (and again this year in Miami) that it's more about scheme and coaching than just about having a ton of talented players. If it was just talented players, Dallas would probably win the superbowl every year.

Bring in a Fairley, Bowers, or Dareus type difference maker, solidify the LB corps and secondary in the later rounds and FA, and I think with the right coaching, we'll be in good shape. The one thing I am optimistic about this year is the defense improving. It can't get any worse right? Wink is no longer here right??? :beer:

Great post and totally dead on with the highlighted portion. Too bad McD thought he could do better.

gobroncsnv
02-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I'd like to at least give a nod to try having some talent up front before writing off that approach. We can't begin to say "been there done that".... not in my book, anyway.
I don't want go another year with a front line that leads the league in being "most blockable"... can't be anyone proud of that, is there?

PAINTERDAVE
02-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Under Nolan... the Defense was great before the bye...
and obviously gave us that 6 and 0 start...
(it sure wasn't that anemic offense)

After the bye... not so much.
is that because other teams figured it out..
or was it our players ran out of steam?
Or did McD mess it up somehow by meddling?
(Which is why Nolan bailed)

I remember thinking that it sure seemed like whatever Nolan had done early...
it sure was NOT getting done after the bye.

Insight?

Northman
02-19-2011, 12:21 PM

Insight?

I think it was a combination of all of the above. Some of it was Nolan not adjusting. Some of it was the lack of talent on the DLine which eventually folded and the lack of offensive help. And some of it was McD trying to act like he had more defensive experience than Nolan and not being tactful (shocker there) about how he addressed his concerns.

topscribe
02-19-2011, 12:35 PM

Insight?

I agree that the defense was great before the bye, and that Nolan was the
mastermind behind it. I also would rather McD have left at that time, rather
than Nolan -- I felt that at that time, in fact.

I'm not in lockstep with you about an "anemic" offense, however. In only two
of those games did the Broncos score less than 20 points. The running game
was anywhere for decent to great, and the passing game was consistent to
good. The offense also put together two come-from-behind wins against two
good teams in Dallas and NE.

That was a total team back then. Which gives me hope for this year because,
with the emptying of the IR tank, the team this year will be more talented
than that team -- assuming the first two rounds of the draft give the Broncos
impact players -- and now we have Fox running the show . . .

-----

PAINTERDAVE
02-19-2011, 12:47 PM

-----

I have hope, too.

I think we will be more competitive pretty quickly...

and like those games in the 6-0 run we had..
sometimes it is a matter of chance (in the close games)
like with the "immaculate deflection".

If this team just gets some confidence and heart and hope...
I think they can win the close ones.
I hope they can win the close ones.

Dean
02-19-2011, 03:24 PM
After the Pats game, our defense was much less aggressive :rolleyes: . Stunts were seldom called other than in third and long situations. IMO we didn't have then nor did we have last year the personnel to say here is where we are going to be; come and get us.

dogfish
02-19-2011, 05:00 PM
After the Pats game, our defense was much less aggressive :rolleyes: . Stunts were seldom called other than in third and long situations. IMO we didn't have then nor did we have last year the personnel to say here is where we are going to be; come and get us.

dean, who do you like at #2?

TXBRONC
02-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Yep. Didnt even need to read past this. The fact that we wavered between the 3-4 and 4-3 the last two years anyway shows we do not have great DT's.

Hopefully we can draft couple of defensive tackles worthy of playing head of the ones we have right now.

TXBRONC
02-19-2011, 05:45 PM

Dean likes Ryan Mallet. :lol:

J/K

Dean
02-19-2011, 06:10 PM

I don't know their injury history and I want to see if their 4.6 times and strength hold up at the columbine to what is advertised, but I believe either Greg Jones or Martez Wilson have the size speed and experience to be a force inside as well as the ability to cover crossing routes. If we play the tampa 2 the mike has got to cover that deep middle seam.

topscribe
02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't know their injury history and I want to see if their 4.6 times and strength hold up at the columbine to what is advertised, but I believe either Greg Jones or Martez Wilson have the size speed and experience to be a force inside as well as the ability to cover crossing routes. If we play the tampa 2 the mike has got to cover that deep middle seam.

All right, Coach, once more in English . . .

Just kidding. But I assume, then, you prefer a MLB be taken at #2? Might not
be a bad idea since, contrary to popular belief, and after thinking it over for a
while, I'm not sure the Broncos aren't at least fair in the middle of the DL for a
4-3 alignment, with Bannan, Thomas, and Vickerson. They still need an impact
player there, IMO, but do they need that as much as a MLB?

-----

TXBRONC
02-19-2011, 07:38 PM

Dean are you saying you would like take one of those two guys with the number 2 overall pick in the draft? I'm just looking for some clarification.

dogfish
02-19-2011, 08:54 PM
guys, i don't want to speak for dean, but based on where those players are projected i'm guessing he thought i meant "who do you like in the 2nd round?". . . just a hunch. . .

and FTR, we really do need to get one of them-- MIKE is an extremely pressing need, and either would be a good fit for us. . .

Dean
02-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Dean are you saying you would like take one of those two guys with the number 2 overall pick in the draft? I'm just looking for some clarification.

Oh, hell no. I was talking about our first pick in the second round. Sorry for the ambiguity.

topscribe
02-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Shows how much I know . . . :tsk:

-----

Dean
02-19-2011, 09:20 PM
For our #2 pick in the first round, I would be happy with either Dareus or Bailey. One day I favor one the next day I have switched. The combine and pro days will give us a little more information on their athleticism. Dareus seems to have more of a motor while Bailey has more quickness.

rcsodak
02-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Positions on a football scheme are not opinions.

:confused:
Reading comprehension 101

rcsodak
02-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Great post and totally dead on with the highlighted portion. Too bad McD thought he could do better.
Wow, evidently ya'll are stuck in the first 6gms of 2009. Hello....McFly! Lol

rcsodak
02-19-2011, 11:22 PM

-----

Top, did you forget how many here labeled alot of those wins as" lucky"? So evidently they don't count. :wink:

Northman
02-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow, evidently ya'll are stuck in the first 6gms of 2009. Hello....McFly! Lol

Reading comprehension 001 Beginner's course.

TXBRONC
02-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Oh, hell no. I was talking about our first pick in the second round. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Thank you for the clarification.

rcsodak
02-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Reading comprehension 001 Beginner's course.Allow me to help you out of there, then.
You liked Nolan's 2009 D. I suggested you must've quit watching after about the 6th game. Otherwise, as a clarification, you must enjoy watching the D split like the Red Sea for opposing rb's.
Hope I helped. :salute:

Northman
02-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Allow me to help you out of there, then.
You liked Nolan's 2009 D. I suggested you must've quit watching after about the 6th game. Otherwise, as a clarification, you must enjoy watching the D split like the Red Sea for opposing rb's.
Hope I helped. :salute:

And as i already pointed out you were wrong by what you read into. Hoped that helped. :beer:

underrated29
02-21-2011, 12:11 PM
We need a DT to collapse the pocket so doom can go for 20+ sacks this year. Seriously, the only times he ever misses his QB is when the QB can step up into the pocket.

DT- collapse pocket= sacks for doom= good to better defense.

Hope that helps.:welcome:

rcsodak
02-21-2011, 12:12 PM
And as i already pointed out you were wrong by what you read into. Hoped that helped. :beer:No, you didn't. But don't try. You might pull a groin.