PDA

View Full Version : Flex player decision.

turftoad
09-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I can play either a RB or a WR as my flex player in my Dynasty league.

Because of bye weeks and injury in need to make a decision on whether to play:

Selvin Young vs The Chefs

or

Lee Evans vs the Rams

It is a yardage league but not a PPR league.

Selvin tore up KC with two 100yrd games last year but may have to share once again with Hall and Pittman.

Evans is the #1 guy going against the worst team in the league.

Thoughts?

Northman
09-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Yea, tough call but i would go with Evans.

slim
09-27-2008, 12:35 PM
It's a toss up, I guess.

Although I think Denver will run the ball a lot more this week than they have in the past. If you are ever going to start Selvin, this would be the week.

Skinny
09-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Lee Evans.

turftoad
09-27-2008, 01:01 PM
It's a toss up, I guess.

Although I think Denver will run the ball a lot more this week than they have in the past. If you are ever going to start Selvin, this would be the week.

I know.

Selvin Young rushed for 109 yards and one score in Kansas City last year and later ran for 156 yards on just 17 carries in the home meeting with the Chiefs.

If I start Evans and Young does well, I'll be pissed off.

I'm 3-0 right now and rolling.

Northman
09-27-2008, 01:13 PM
I know.

Selvin Young rushed for 109 yards and one score in Kansas City last year and later ran for 156 yards on just 17 carries in the home meeting with the Chiefs.

Yea, im 2-1 in my league and ive got Tned coming up this week. Luckily, his starting QB Peyton Manning is on a bye but he's 3-0. This is my chance to knock him off. :D

turftoad
09-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I know.

Let me rephrase this.

If I start Evans and Young does well, I'll be pissed off for my fantasy team, not for my Broncos. :salute:

turftoad
09-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Yea, im 2-1 in my league and ive got Tned coming up this week. Luckily, his starting QB Peyton Manning is on a bye but he's 3-0. This is my chance to knock him off. :D

Oh oh. Battle royal going down !!

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Parrish is out...Evans all the way.

turftoad
09-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Parrish is out...Evans all the way.

Yeah, I saw that Mo. Ploblem is, Buffalo gets ahead and stops passing, thus feeding Lynch the ball 30 times in this game.

Same with the Broncos. Get the lead and feed the ball to the RB's 30 times. Will Young be the guy that gets the majority of the carries??

MOtorboat
09-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I saw that Mo. Ploblem is, Buffalo gets ahead and stops passing, thus feeding Lynch the ball 30 times in this game.

Same with the Broncos. Get the lead and feed the ball to the RB's 30 times. Will Young be the guy that gets the majority of the carries??

Good question, but ask yourself this...

If it wasn't a Bronco would you even be wavering?

turftoad
09-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Good question, but ask yourself this...

If it wasn't a Bronco would you even be wavering?

Good point Mo. That said, he needs to get his 2000 yards somewhere along the line. :D

dogfish
09-27-2008, 04:01 PM
i'd probably play evans. . . but honestly, those are both pretty promising matchups-- i'd take a close look at your regular starters and see if you might not want to replace one of them this week and play both evans and young. . . just a thought. . .

turftoad
09-27-2008, 04:06 PM
i'd probably play evans. . . but honestly, those are both pretty promising matchups-- i'd take a close look at your regular starters and see if you might not want to replace one of them this week and play both evans and young. . . just a thought. . .

I did Dog.

Gore and Portis at RB

Fitz, Marshall and Steve Smith (Car) at WR.

All have pretty decent matchups themselves except Portis vs Dal. but I can't sit him.
Thus the decision between Evans and Young. Usually I have Addai as my other starter but he's on bye.

Just one of those bye week decisions.

underrated29
09-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I would go young all the way.

I was worried about starting Jay this week, just for the fact that i believe that we will run the hell out of the chefs.

I think we are going to run and run some more. Face it, they suck at everything, but we are going to get a lead in this game and want to run out the clock in the 3rd qtr. young will get most of those carries.

We also havent seen any hb screens yet this year. I dont know if we want to bust them out against the chefs, but if it was me i would go with young.

It is a tough call though, both should have a great day. Good luck.

underrated29
09-29-2008, 10:19 AM
I hope you went with evans. I hereby denounce any and all advice that i would give. As i have been terrible this year. I sat ronnie brown a few weeks ago, I started schaub last week for -7 pts. This week i sat schaub and started anderson. I thought young would have a good game. I sat brees instead of cutler- I am just flat out wrong. ( i am still winning in my leagues!)

but my opinion sucks- so sorry.