PDA

View Full Version : question for everyone

airforceSF24
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
What does everyone think about our first pick last year getting demaryious Thomas? It seem that he is always getting injured and spending more time on the bench more than anything ..in my opinion he can be a huge threat if he could stay healthy but doesn't seem that way. Do you think we should draft another receiver this year?

BORDERLINE
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
D.T is injury prone he has earned that TAG...
and no our WR corps has alot of depth so i would not be of fan of drafting a WR until the last couple of picks.

Buff
02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm not a fan of drafting injured players in the first round. That round oughta be reserved for "sure things," whereas you can take fliers on guys in later rounds.

Guy has some serious talent, but he has all the maturity of a 13 year old. He'll probably be a good NFL player, but just like Knowshon, a guy who we reached on too early.

GEM
02-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm not a fan of drafting injured players in the first round. That round oughta be reserved for "sure things," whereas you can take fliers on guys in later rounds.

Guy has some serious talent, but he has all the maturity of a 13 year old. He'll probably be a good NFL player, but just like Knowshon, a guy who we reached on too early.

I don't know that maturity is his issue, he's just made of glass.

airforceSF24
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
I couldn't agree more with you guys I mean we knew he was injured from the start and yet we drafted him anyway..the Guy can play his position well but he rarely plays is the problem..drafting another WR probably isn't the best idea right now..I've always liked royal so hopefully this means he'll be used more now

vandammage13
02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
DT does have potential to be a great NFL reciever because of his physical talents, but he also has more potential of being a bust due to his injuries.

As far as drafting a WR...NO. DT barely played last year and our WR corps was probably the strength of the team anyway. It would be great if he pans out, but we really don't need him.

We still have Lloyd who is now a pro-bowler (and deservedly so, considering how he always seemed to be able to come up with the deep ball more often than not). Royal is good in the slot, and Gaffney, while not great, is a servicable, productive WR. Throw in Decker, who's only going to get better, and Matt Willis with his speed and ability to stretch the field, and you actually still have one of the best groups of WRs in the NFL with or without DT.

Personally, I will be pissed if we waste a draft pick on a WR this year, even if its a 6th or 7th rounder. Too many holes on defense. Now if you want to spend a late rounder on a pass catching TE, then I'll listen to that.

nevcraw
02-15-2011, 12:54 PM
He was injured 1 year ago and came back too soon then got re-injured and then probably then pushed himself too far to fast and now we got this latest.. Yes a slew of injuries in hurry -- I would argue they are all related..

Let's see what happens after he fully heals and fully out of PT. he may still be a stud!

Bullgator
02-15-2011, 01:03 PM
What does everyone think about our first pick last year getting demaryious Thomas? It seem that he is always getting injured and spending more time on the bench more than anything ..in my opinion he can be a huge threat if he could stay healthy but doesn't seem that way. Do you think we should draft another receiver this year?

I don't think we need another reciever... our group is a good one already.

DT was awsome at GT and his potential was off the charts... sometimes you give all you have at the college level just to make it to the NFL and give up your body n the process. I think he was damaged goods when we drafted him. His injury problems imo will never be resolved, but at least he reached the big money and got some payoff for all the hard work he put in his college career... even tho its a raw deal that denver foots the bill, im happy for him and his family.

silkamilkamonico
02-15-2011, 01:03 PM

I think he's very mature, and the decisions he's made given the circumstance of his upbringing shows that.

He has very quesitonable health though.

Buff
02-15-2011, 01:12 PM
I think he's very mature, and the decisions he's made given the circumstance of his upbringing shows that.

He has very quesitonable health though.

Let me clarify: He strikes me as the type of young player who is just happy to be here and doesn't fully grasp how much the organization has invested in him. Based on his rookie year he also seems like the type who doesn't understand that in the NFL you're always going to be hurt and you have to play through the aches and pains.

I remember one of the veterans (I think it was Buck) telling him to "get his ass up" after DT laid there for a minute after one of his runs. That gave me the impression that the veterans are trying to toughen him up.

underrated29
02-15-2011, 01:52 PM
I wanted Dez B. And thought for sure that is who we were going to draft.:tsk:

But no I do not think we need to take a WR early, if at all. Maybe a 6th/7th Upside guy. Nothing before that.

DT
Decker
Royal
Gaffney
LLoyd
Willis

That is pretty solid group, even if half are injured, the other half can play until they get injured, by which time the first half will be healthy and ready to roll again.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-15-2011, 02:00 PM
He was injured 1 year ago and came back too soon then got re-injured and then probably then pushed himself too far to fast and now we got this latest.. Yes a slew of injuries in hurry -- I would argue they are all related..

Let's see what happens after he fully heals and fully out of PT. he may still be a stud!

I totally agree with this - I also do not think that DT was totally healed. Let's wait for when he is totally healed, and then see what he can or can not do.

cardoso
02-15-2011, 02:06 PM

most people don't recover from the injury he just had and the few that do are never the same.

They can not be related. One was his foot and now it was his ACL. Totall different.

If tebow is a bust then we can officially list the broncos last 2 drafts one of the biggest failures in professional sports drafts. We had so much picks and so many holes and yet just completely bombed the draft. Tebow is the only guy that can make it a little bettter, but it still wouldn't erase the mistakes after mistakes Josh Mcidiot made on draft days.

rationalfan
02-15-2011, 02:09 PM
most people don't recover from the injury he just had and the few that do are never the same.

brandon stokely might disagree with that.

underrated29
02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
brandon stokely might disagree with that.

So would tom brady.

vandammage13
02-15-2011, 02:20 PM

They can not be related. One was his foot and now it was his ACL. Totall different.

If tebow is a bust then we can officially list the broncos last 2 drafts one of the biggest failures in professional sports drafts. We had so much picks and so many holes and yet just completely bombed the draft. Tebow is the only guy that can make it a little bettter, but it still wouldn't erase the mistakes after mistakes Josh Mcidiot made on draft days.

Not really trying to nit-pick here, but it was an achilles injury, not an ACL. Both are probably equally disastrous for a WR, though.

underrated29
02-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Tebow wont bust, but even if he did we got.

Beadles,- Solid- starter- what more do you want
JD- solid, starter- what more do you want
Cox- possible jail, but for a rookie, not bad, prob get better. was a 5th rdr.
syd- could maybe be a starter- good as a nickel. returns kicks well. 7th rdr

We have 2 starters, technically 3 because Cox started a lot of games (due to injury though)

and someone who can start at nickel.

That is pretty solid draft, then we still have the mighty Tebow and DT- who could rest up, heal up and come in and play.

vandammage13
02-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Tebow wont bust, but even if he did we got.

Beadles,- Solid- starter- what more do you want
JD- solid, starter- what more do you want
Cox- possible jail, but for a rookie, not bad, prob get better. was a 5th rdr.
syd- could maybe be a starter- good as a nickel. returns kicks well. 7th rdr

We have 2 starters, technically 3 because Cox started a lot of games (due to injury though)

and someone who can start at nickel.

That is pretty solid draft, then we still have the mighty Tebow and DT- who could rest up, heal up and come in and play.

Yeah, I agree that the 2010 draft actually isn't nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be. You also didn't even mention Eric Decker, who IMO has the ability to be a starter, but is just on a team that is deep at that position. Any time you can come out of a draft and have that many guys be productive, then you have to consider it at least a solid draft, if not great.

2009 on the other hand was definitely a terrible draft, but 2010 is looking pretty good so far to me outside of DT. I'm still holding out hope for DT as well, because he has shown to have the talent and the drive to succeed, he's just caught some bad breaks with his health...Hopefully he can recover and show that the injuries were just flukes. I'm hoping here, but not counting on it.

Still, even if DT is a bust, I think McD didn't do too bad in this draft. You can't expect to have every single draft pick work out, but at least it seems the majority in the 2010 class will pan out.

rcsodak
02-15-2011, 03:05 PM

Interesting, your take on McD's last draft, as most people i read/listen to (sirius nfl)rank it better than average. 2 starters on Oline. Don't have the picks in front of me, but didn't all but kirlew make the team? Didn't they all play/contribute? Syd with a pick? Vaughn with some nice returns? DT showed promise? TT?
Of course, I'm a fan of this franchise for 40+yrs so I don't fret the fatalists and have been through the peaks/valleys of this franchise and survived them all. The last handful of yrs has been no different, nor will the next.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Montana Battlin Bear
02-15-2011, 05:06 PM

It was not his ACL it was his Achilles Tendon. They are about a foot and a half away from each other

rcsodak
02-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Im sure he was just abbreviating.

:lol:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoStud
02-15-2011, 06:09 PM
We get Willis back this season and Decker should be more accustomed to this level of play, Lloyd is a stud and Gaffney gets the job done. Royal and Decker may or may not be done, but they're both talented players when healthy.

I don't think Denver needs to draft a WR at all, they could just fill in through free agency once a new CBA is in place.