PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Basketball

honz
09-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I started a thread over in the Fantasy Sports section, but I got no responses...

Is anyone interested in doing a Broncos Forums fantasy basketball league? If we can get at least 12 or so people that want to do it I would be willing to create a league and set it all up. If you are inerested just post so in here and we will see if we can get enough people to do it. Don't be shy! The more the merrier!

It will just be for fun...no money involved, just bragging rights so no worries if you have never played before or whatever.

Retired_Member_001
09-26-2008, 05:24 PM
To be honest man, I don't think we will get enough to do it. But if we do, then I'm in.

Over at a Lakers forum, we have a Sim League and it's SO MUCH FUN! Maybe we should get one started up here for Football?

MOtorboat
09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll do it.

honz
10-07-2008, 10:20 AM
It's not looking good. :(

honz
10-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay, I created a league and I am just going to get people from all over the place to join. The league is a head to head scoring league with 10 teams and the draft will be on Tuesday at 8:30 PM EST. Anyone is free to join...and if the league doesn't fill up by Monday or so then I will just open up the league to the public.

To join just go here: http://games.espn.go.com/fba/tools/join?leagueId=79322

The password is 'spacejam'.

Retired_Member_001
10-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Okay, I created a league and I am just going to get people from all over the place to join. The league is a head to head scoring league with 10 teams and the draft will be on Tuesday at 8:30 PM EST. Anyone is free to join...and if the league doesn't fill up by Monday or so then I will just open up the league to the public.

To join just go here: http://games.espn.go.com/fba/tools/join?leagueId=79322

The password is 'spacejam'.

Another late draft. :(

I'll have to consider this one.

Going to be up late on Monday, up late on Wednesday (Lakers game). I can't afford to be up late for 3 nights in a row. :lol:

honz
10-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Another late draft. :(

I'll have to consider this one.

Going to be up late on Monday, up late on Wednesday (Lakers game). I can't afford to be up late for 3 nights in a row. :lol:
Sorry, I wasn't thinking about y'all across the pond when I set it up. It's hard to do it earlier here though since people will be at work on Tuesday. You could always pre-rank your players though, and let the auto draft do the work.

Retired_Member_001
10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Sorry, I wasn't thinking about y'all across the pond when I set it up. It's hard to do it earlier here though since people will be at work on Tuesday. You could always pre-rank your players though, and let the auto draft do the work.

Alright.

I'll consider it and sign up if I see enough people have joined for me to bother waking up at 3:30am. :lol:

MOtorboat
10-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Alright.

I'll consider it and sign up if I see enough people have joined for me to bother waking up at 3:30am. :lol:

P ussy

Skinny
10-25-2008, 03:52 PM
I signed up, i think.

I left you a message in a slaute to make sure i was in the right league Honz.

honz
10-25-2008, 05:21 PM
I signed up, i think.

I left you a message in a slaute to make sure i was in the right league Honz.
Yeah, that's the one. I just watched Space Jam the other day and was inspired to make a reference...:lol:

BroncoAV06
10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I be in.

Skinny
10-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Cool.

First timer so be gentle.

honz
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
We still have 2 spots open for anyone that wants to join.

honz
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Just a reminder that the draft is tonight at 8:30 EST (6:30 Denver time). Hopefully most everyone shows up for the draft.

MOtorboat
10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Just a reminder that the draft is tonight at 8:30 EST (6:30 Denver time). Hopefully most everyone shows up for the draft.

Sorry Honz, I won't make it (damn never knowing what your work schedule will be). I pre-ranked my players at lunch. Hopefully I get decent ones...and ones who aren't injured...

honz
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Sorry Honz, I won't make it (damn never knowing what your work schedule will be). I pre-ranked my players at lunch. Hopefully I get decent ones...and ones who aren't injured...
That's alright. Pre-ranking is much better than doing nothing...plus it's not a very deep league so there will probably be a lot of good FA pickups left over if you don't like some of the guys you end up with.

MOtorboat
10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
That's alright. Pre-ranking is much better than doing nothing...plus it's not a very deep league so there will probably be a lot of good FA pickups left over if you don't like some of the guys you end up with.

Yeah, the two guys I really didn't want at all I demoted down to I think 200 and 199, so I shouldn't pick them up. More chances to wheel and deal in fantasy basketball, imo, anyway. Don't know why, but it seems like stats are a little more concrete in the NBA than NFL or MLB.

Looking forward to it.

Skinny
10-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Damn! I can't remember my username!!

MOtorboat
10-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Damn! I can't remember my username!!

Dumbass. :coffee:

Skinny
10-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Dumbass. :coffee:lol, i've tried just about every name i think i used and still no luck. I click on the "Forget your Member Name?" thingy and it says a error has occured.

Whenever your on the page MB (or honz), anyway you can see if there's a member name there that has "skinny" (i think) in it and post it back??

I would sure appreciate it dude.

TIA

MOtorboat
10-29-2008, 05:43 PM
lol, i've tried just about every name i think i used and still no luck. I click on the "Forget your Member Name?" thingy and it says a error has occured.

Whenever your on the page MB (or honz), anyway you can see if there's a member name there that has "skinny" (i think) in it and post it back??

I would sure appreciate it dude.

TIA

I'm not sure...try "TheSkinster"

Skinny
10-29-2008, 05:49 PM
That be the one. Thanks.

honz
11-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey MB, about your trade proposal...I'm not going to give up JR for Garcia until I see was he looks like this year. I liked him as a breakout guy this year, but JR is doing pretty well for now. So I'll give you a maybe on that trade as soon as Garcia plays a bit.

MOtorboat
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey MB, about your trade proposal...I'm not going to give up JR for Garcia until I see was he looks like this year. I liked him as a breakout guy this year, but JR is doing pretty well for now. So I'll give you a maybe on that trade as soon as Garcia plays a bit.

I expect nothing less. I thought with Garcia's production last year it would be a fair trade, but with him injured it was hard for me to click the "confirm" button...