PDA

View Full Version : HOT OFF THE PRESS!!! A good read about Jake Plummer in the new S.I.

Watchthemiddle
02-12-2011, 12:59 AM
What was he THINKING!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1181772/1/index.htm

sneakers
02-12-2011, 01:36 AM
tl;dr

BigSarge87
02-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Who's Jake Plummer?

Superchop 7
02-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Very happy for him, has his priorities straight.

Nomad
02-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Great read WTM!!:salute:

Northman
02-12-2011, 07:09 AM
I read this a few days ago. It was a good read but also confirmed a lot of my suspicions about him as well. Overall, im glad he is happy.

tomjonesrocks
02-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Interesting guy...

chazoe60
02-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Plummer is the shit. He was the last winner we had at QB. I hope TT becomes one but as of right now the last one we had was Plummer.

For the life of me I can not figure out why a guy like Plummer, who did nothing but win here, could have so many people hate on him.

BroncoStud
02-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I was always a big Jake fan... I just appreciate his style of play, he wa a lot of fun to watch. People talk about Favre being the ultimate backyard QB, nope, it was Jake. All those bootlegs he ran to perfection, the scrambles on 3rd down...

He was a damn good QB for the Denver Broncos, very underrated.

Shananahan
02-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I never understood the hate for Plummer. I honestly don't see how you couldn't like the guy as your QB, regardless of some of his bonehead plays. He was a good teammate, played as well as he could every snap and won us a lot of games. I can't deny that he crashed and burned after they drafted Cutler, or that Shanny seemed to go out of his way to put the screws to Plummer after that fact, but I still can find nothing to dislike about the guy.

He walked away while he was healthy and happy on his own terms, went and married a cheerleader and is happy doing what he enjoys. I think it's awesome.

BORDERLINE
02-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Respect to Plummer but his time here in Denver had alot of highs and a alot of lows.

one moment this guy looked amazing the next he was gettin picked off.And flippin people off. Like if he din't care

I saw an interview with him and jim rome and he talked about how Shanny made it real hard on him to love playing football. He overworked him trying to make him the next Elway.

Handeld differently he might have changed my perception, but none the less I wasn't cheering for him to return. Then again at 4-12 i wish we can have another 13-3 year and host the AFC Championship game

Day1BroncoFan
02-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Good aticle.

Glad he's happy.

Glad he's gone.

No, I'm not a Plummer hater.

BroncoTech
02-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Great read. The Broncos were exciting when Jake played, gotta give him that.

Northman
02-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Respect to Plummer but his time here in Denver had alot of highs and a alot of lows.

one moment this guy looked amazing the next he was gettin picked off.And flippin people off. Like if he din't care

I call it the Vinny Testaverde syndrome. Inconsistency was his trademark as a QB and in the long run he didnt care. Football was never a serious thing for him and when you hear him speak in interviews its pretty much confirmed. He only went so far when it came to preparing for games and wouldnt put in the extra work necessary to improve upon it. The good news for him is now he is happy doing what he really loves without the pressure to be something more.

Juriga72
02-12-2011, 05:42 PM
For a guy who just plain sucked when it counted....PLAYOFFS.... meh

He was carrried by the #3 defense for how many years... THEN Al Wilson leaves and he sucks it up in 06..

He quit on his team then...IMHO otherwise you really didnt watch the games

He averaged 2 turnovers/playoff game........ not good

SmilinAssasSin27
02-12-2011, 08:43 PM

He was carrried by the #3 defense for how many years... THEN Al Wilson leaves and he sucks it up in 06..

Ummm...sucked when it counted most? Last I checked, the defense is what was giving up 40 per game to Indy WHEN IT MATTERED MOST.

39-15...NUFF SAID.

jhildebrand
02-12-2011, 10:33 PM
I would take Plummer right now over Orton! I would rather Tebow get a year under Plummer, after reading that, than Orton.

I bet Plummer could step back and go two more seasons no prob.

Best part is we can probably get his rights for a box of cheezits!

KCL
02-12-2011, 11:36 PM
What was he THINKING!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1181772/1/index.htm

What was he thinking? Probably that he didn't care to play football anymore..I'm sure he squirreled away more than enough money to walk away and not have to worry about how the bills were going to get paid..seems I have already read this article in another thread on here...anyway good for him.

Juriga72
02-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Ummm...sucked when it counted most? Last I checked, the defense is what was giving up 40 per game to Indy WHEN IT MATTERED MOST.

39-15...NUFF SAID.

Uh.... yeah........guess you missed those games huh

Timmy!
02-13-2011, 06:51 AM
War the snake.

Lonestar
02-13-2011, 10:14 AM
When jay was drafted dinger changed the offense to favor jay, a pocket passer.

Even though the oline was built for roll outs.

IMO because of the locker room revolt he went thru with the greise fubar, knew he could not switch to jay until Jake played badly.

As the article said he was trying to make him the next Elway, taking the fun out of football for him, when he knew the Jake was not that kind of guy.

I also do not understand the hate for the guy, very few better game day guys I have ever seen.

Never left anything on the field and would do most everything to win even if it blew up he still had trying to make a play on his mind.

His left handed passes pissed everyone off but when jay did it it was ok. Never figured out that logic.

It was interesting to hear just how much gruden wanted him and the comment that he might still be a coach had Jake played says it all.

Glad the guy is happy living the life he is. I think those that hate him are really jealous of his life choices.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 10:42 AM

way to support your argument. First Indy playoff game, he had 2 TD, 1 INT and a bunch of yards. The offense as a whole put up 24. If the DEFENSE was top 3, we win easily. The DEFENSE gave up 49 points. CLEALRY Jake's fault. The second game, he had 1 TD, 2 INTs and the team only score 10...while the DEFENSE gave up 41. Sure, not a great game, but his completion % was over 75% that game. Were his WRs getting open downfield? Was his OLine blocking well enough for him to look downfield?

Again, 39-15. Please come stronger than "guess you missed the game".

Northman
02-13-2011, 11:28 AM
When jay was drafted dinger changed the offense to favor jay, a pocket passer.

Even though the oline was built for roll outs.

Complete garbage. When Jay played in 06' they were still using rollouts. The one major difference was that Jay could ACTUALLY pass from the pocket with success.

IMO because of the locker room revolt he went thru with the greise fubar, knew he could not switch to jay until Jake played badly.

Jake had been playing like crap all year long but Shanny kept giving him time to snap out of it which never came to fruitition.

As the article said he was trying to make him the next Elway, taking the fun out of football for him, when he knew the Jake was not that kind of guy.

Again, disagree. Plummer is very bitter about it all but Shanny was trying everything he could to get him to improve but Jake didnt want to put in the extra work. Plummer was an average QB who got a LOT of help when he came to Denver.

Never left anything on the field and would do most everything to win even if it blew up he still had trying to make a play on his mind.

Ive seen a lot of QB's play like this no matter if they suck or are Hall of Famers.

His left handed passes pissed everyone off but when jay did it it was ok. Never figured out that logic.

Glad the guy is happy living the life he is.

Indeed. Good for him.

T.K.O.
02-13-2011, 12:29 PM

better to have "sucked" in the playoffs....than to have never been there since;):laugh:

MasterShake
02-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Jake is still my favorite QB right behind Elway for the Broncos. Glad to see he is just basically being a bum and living how he wants to live. With the NFL owners acting like asses right now, he may have been right about this league all along. He got out before his brain turned to pudding, and probably has enough money to live comfortably the way he lives anyway.:salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Plummer was an average QB who got a LOT of help when he came to Denver.

Average QBs don't get the Arizona Cardinals to the playoffs...

And let's be honest, a LOT of help? Really? What help was that? Lelie? An aging Rod Smith? Did he at least get to pass to the great Darius Watts? Who was the TE? And STUD RBs like Tatum and MA, right? Anderson was nice, but he was also having his own issues at the time. Gotta love the ganja. Plummer could play dude. Flat out. I've always agreed his ugly was UGLY, but his good was equally as impressive.

Juriga72
02-13-2011, 02:55 PM
better to have "sucked" in the playoffs....than to have never been there since;):laugh:

Hmmmmm funny how a guy gets carried by the #3 defense and the #2 rushing game... yet folds up in a Orton ball during playoffs....

when the QB has 3 turnovers in a playoff game- He's folding..... Of course... its funny that you can hate Cutler for "Getting to the playoffs and losing"...

but not Jake... hmmmmmm

Face it when they guy has is carried this much by his defense and run game...he sucks

BroncoStud
02-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Hmmmmm funny how a guy gets carried by the #3 defense and the #2 rushing game... yet folds up in a Orton ball during playoffs....

when the QB has 3 turnovers in a playoff game- He's folding..... Of course... its funny that you can hate Cutler for "Getting to the playoffs and losing"...

but not Jake... hmmmmmm

Face it when they guy has is carried this much by his defense and run game...he sucks

How dare you, of all posters, compare Plummer to Oron, Plummer actually IS a winner, and he was a damn good QB for the Broncos, but it was time to move on and I still agree with Shanahan's move to insert Cutler, the offense got immediately better with Jay. Jake was done, Jake was probably done when Tillman died but tried to hang in there...

Jake is my 2nd favorite Denver QB behind Elway, he was fun to watch and he played well for us, for the most part. But he's not a quitter, and Kyle is.

Jake is 100X > than Kyle

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 03:25 PM
The offense APPEARED better, but Jay boned up things just as much as Plummer did. At least Plummer boned trying to make plays. Jay actually had WRs to throw to and still forced balls and also, who can forget all those great fumbled snaps??? Nothin says winner like redzone turnovers and fumbled snaps when the game matters most...

Northman
02-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Average QBs don't get the Arizona Cardinals to the playoffs...

Yes, getting the Cardinals to the playoffs in one year out of six is fantastic. :lol:

Add to the fact that in those playoffs he threw 2 TD's and 4 Ints.

Sorry, color me underwhelmed.

And let's be honest, a LOT of help? Really? What help was that? Lelie? An aging Rod Smith? Did he at least get to pass to the great Darius Watts? Who was the TE? And STUD RBs like Tatum and MA, right? Anderson was nice, but he was also having his own issues at the time. Gotta love the ganja. Plummer could play dude. Flat out. I've always agreed his ugly was UGLY, but his good was equally as impressive.

So now your comparing Arizona's organization and coaching to that of Denver's at the time? You need to stop smoking the doobies with Jake Smilin. Its a no brainer that Denver/Shanahan did wonders for Jake's career and not vice versa.

Northman
02-13-2011, 03:28 PM
The offense APPEARED better, but Jay boned up things just as much as Plummer did. At least Plummer boned trying to make plays. Jay actually had WRs to throw to and still forced balls and also, who can forget all those great fumbled snaps??? Nothin says winner like redzone turnovers and fumbled snaps when the game matters most...

And comparing a 3rd year QB to a vet in his 8th year making the same mistakes priceless. Quit while your ahead mate.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 03:34 PM
And comparing a 3rd year QB to a vet in his 8th year making the same mistakes priceless. Quit while your ahead mate.

Was this Jake's 3rd year? Cuz last I checked, he's still making the same mistakes. This is year 5. Still tossing terrible balls in the redzone. Still fumbling snaps. Too bad Seattle DBs just can't catch...

And even when he was a rookie, Plummer was replaced by Cutler during the season. When this happens, all comparisons are fair game IMO. We were making the playoffs that year. Shanny made the call to ruin that season in favor of playing the rook.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Yes, getting the Cardinals to the playoffs in one year out of six is fantastic. :lol:

So now your comparing Arizona's organization and coaching to that of Denver's at the time? You need to stop smoking the doobies with Jake Smilin. Its a no brainer that Denver/Shanahan did wonders for Jake's career and not vice versa.

ANY year the Cards make playoffs, it's impressive. That is how bad the franchise is.

Yer not impressed, yet you admit that his coaching staff was inferior to Denver's. Which, to me, makes it that much more impressive. Jake, a FB and Aeneus Williams were basically the talent on that team. Maybe add David Boston. I forget if he even still mattered then. I'd argue that Jake did wonder's for Shanny. What did Jay, Beuerlein and Griese do for Mike? What about McNabb. There is REAL talk that Mike is a beneficiary of someone's else's Zone Blocking run scheme and the great John Elway. What has he done since WITHOUT Jake Plummer being involved???

Northman
02-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Was this Jake's 3rd year? Cuz last I checked, he's still making the same mistakes. This is year 5. Still tossing terrible balls in the redzone. Still fumbling snaps. Too bad Seattle DBs just can't catch...

You mean Jay's? I thought we were talking about while they were in Denver or are you changing the subject now? The issue isnt about what Cutler is doing now, but what he was doing then. Stay focused.

And even when he was a rookie, Plummer was replaced by Cutler during the season. When this happens, all comparisons are fair game IMO. We were making the playoffs that year. Shanny made the call to ruin that season in favor of playing the rook.

So your of the idea that when a rookie takes over that the expectations are just as high as that of a 8 year vet? Oh my.

As far as making the playoffs thats a huge stretch. There was no guarantee that we were going to make it by the way Jake was playing and Shanny knew that. The season was becoming a wash and Shanahan went with the rookie to get him some reps. Your smoking crack if you think we were going to make the playoffs the way Jake was playing. Furthermore, in the last game of the season Jake came in for Jay and threw a INT right off the bat. So, he had the opportunity to get the team to the playoffs yet choked in a moment that could of saved himself some face. He failed in epic fashion.

Northman
02-13-2011, 03:42 PM
ANY year the Cards make playoffs, it's impressive. That is how bad the franchise is.

Yer not impressed, yet you admit that his coaching staff was inferior to Denver's. Which, to me, makes it that much more impressive. Jake, a FB and Aeneus Williams were basically the talent on that team. Maybe add David Boston. I forget if he even still mattered then. I'd argue that Jake did wonder's for Shanny. What did Jay, Beuerlein and Griese do for Mike? What about McNabb. There is REAL talk that Mike is a beneficiary of someone's else's Zone Blocking run scheme and the great John Elway. What has he done since WITHOUT Jake Plummer being involved???

Gibbs also came back to Washington and failed. OH NOES!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 03:49 PM
You mean Jay's? I thought we were talking about while they were in Denver or are you changing the subject now? The issue isnt about what Cutler is doing now, but what he was doing then. Stay focused.

So your of the idea that when a rookie takes over that the expectations are just as high as that of a 8 year vet? Oh my.

As far as making the playoffs thats a huge stretch. There was no guarantee that we were going to make it by the way Jake was playing and Shanny knew that. The season was becoming a wash and Shanahan went with the rookie to get him some reps. Your smoking crack if you think we were going to make the playoffs the way Jake was playing. Furthermore, in the last game of the season Jake came in for Jay and threw a INT right off the bat. So, he had the opportunity to get the team to the playoffs yet choked in a moment that could of saved himself some face. He failed in epic fashion.

There was shock and awe that Shanny was throwing away a playoff birth when he made the switch. We were in.

If we are playoff bound and the coach makes a switch, he does it with the idea that the kid gives the best chance to win and move on in the playoffs, which he clearly didn't. This was not a week 1 start or a mid season replacement on a 3-6 team. Do you believe Shanny gave up on the season? I sure don't. Given that, YES I clearly expect more out of Jay...cuz the coach did.

Choked? Really? Dude was dumped DURING a playoff run and asked to come in at the very end of the season to save the coach's ass who benched him in the first place? Clearly, as evidenced by this article, he said FU to Shanny. But he choked...

Northman
02-13-2011, 03:51 PM
T But he choked...

Glad we agree. :beer:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Gibbs also came back to Washington and failed. OH NOES!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

What be's your point? Gibbs showed long term success w/ multiple QBs. 3 Titles w/ 3 dif QBs if I remember correctly. Then he's off focusing on NASCAR for the better part of a decade and couldn't relive the magic. Far cry from Shanny who won 2 rings w/ arguably the best QB OF ALL TIME and couldn't even SNIFF a legit shot until he got, umm, who was it again? Oh yeah...Jake Plummer. Then he sits out 1 year, gets a shot in Wash and makes the team worse w/ a QB who went to 4 NFCCGs. GREAT Resume for Shanny post Elway.

AND YEAH...jAY'S

Northman
02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Gibbs showed long term success w/ multiple QBs. 3 Titles w/ 3 dif QBs if I remember correctly.

Dont forget a defense ranked #3 during two SB wins and #4 during the 3rd one. ;)

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Dont forget a defense ranked #3 during two SB wins and #4 during the 3rd one. ;)

OK. Which works for me too. Coaching the entire team is part of his job. Not only did his teams put up plenty of points with the likes of Mark Rypien, Timmy Smith and Doug Williams (still hurts, I know), but he was also able to develop a defense.

All the Jake/Jay stuff aside, Shanny may be the worst defensive talent evaluator I have EVER seen. And I mean this. I could have done a better job when came to simply acquiring defensive talent. He was THAT bad. Never shoulda been allowed near a defense. The insane combination of drafting TERRIBLE defensive players while passing on potential Hall of Famers AND signing awful free agent risks is the Hat Trick of defensive talent evaluation ineptitude. Ya run a 4-3 and ya take Jarvis Moss over Paul Posluszny? Really? Willie Middlebrooks? Deltha O'Neal may have been his best defensive draft pick when he had the final say. We've exhausted who else he passed on, so I won't any further.

Long and short of it, I believe Shanny WAS a great offensive mind with some very good ideas/schemes. I also believed he was luck as hell to have Elway. Kudos to him for meshing w/ Elway to work his system and get 2 rings. Seriously, kudos. So I will not take anything away from him that he has accomplished. I believe he was a good enough HEAD COACH to do some great things using good pieces. I believe him getting too much power ruined this franchise...and we are still not recovered.

That said, I believe many here don't give Jake nearly enough credit. Maybe I give him too much. But if the final tally is all about winning, he clearly gave us the best chance at that since Johny Bronco. Bone head crazy plays, yes. 3 year playoff run, yes as well...and was well on his way to a 4th. I get why some don't appreciate him. He wasn't shiny like Jay and he didn't start off as a Bronco. I get it. I really do. I personally believe our chances to really win went out the door w/ Jake's benching. And maybe his buddy's death hurt those chances before Shanny benched him. But Cutler is not nearly the player people make him out to be. He does the same things Jake got bashed for, yet folks still suck the teet. And Jake had better leadership, etc. Just my FINAL 2 cents on the subject. The banter has been fun!

Northman
02-13-2011, 04:58 PM
OK. Which works for me too. Coaching the entire team is part of his job. Not only did his teams put up plenty of points with the likes of Mark Rypien, Timmy Smith and Doug Williams (still hurts, I know), but he was also able to develop a defense.

All the Jake/Jay stuff aside, Shanny may be the worst defensive talent evaluator I have EVER seen. And I mean this. I could have done a better job when came to simply acquiring defensive talent. He was THAT bad. Never shoulda been allowed near a defense. The insane combination of drafting TERRIBLE defensive players while passing on potential Hall of Famers AND signing awful free agent risks is the Hat Trick of defensive talent evaluation ineptitude. Ya run a 4-3 and ya take Jarvis Moss over Paul Posluszny? Really? Willie Middlebrooks? Deltha O'Neal may have been his best defensive draft pick when he had the final say. We've exhausted who else he passed on, so I won't any further.

Long and short of it, I believe Shanny WAS a great offensive mind with some very good ideas/schemes. I also believed he was luck as hell to have Elway. Kudos to him for meshing w/ Elway to work his system and get 2 rings. Seriously, kudos. So I will not take anything away from him that he has accomplished. I believe he was a good enough HEAD COACH to do some great things using good pieces. I believe him getting too much power ruined this franchise...and we are still not recovered.

That said, I believe many here don't give Jake nearly enough credit. Maybe I give him too much. But if the final tally is all about winning, he clearly gave us the best chance at that since Johny Bronco. Bone head crazy plays, yes. 3 year playoff run, yes as well...and was well on his way to a 4th. I get why some don't appreciate him. He wasn't shiny like Jay and he didn't start off as a Bronco. I get it. I really do. I personally believe our chances to really win went out the door w/ Jake's benching. And maybe his buddy's death hurt those chances before Shanny benched him. But Cutler is not nearly the player people make him out to be. He does the same things Jake got bashed for, yet folks still suck the teet. And Jake had better leadership, etc. Just my FINAL 2 cents on the subject. The banter has been fun!

I give Jake some credit, but not like many on here. To me Jake had plenty of chances to show the greatness that he had at Arizona St. and it never flourished. I saw it happen one time on the professional level and that was against the Cowboys in the playoffs. Doesnt mean he sucks, but like Orton has serious limitations when it comes to being THE man.

tubby
02-13-2011, 07:43 PM

Guess you missed the entire 2006 season?? BiGal was around. Hate Plummer all you want but at least try to make a factual argurment. 39-15 and an annual trip to the playoffs. Best Denver has had since 7.

Don't worry I keep trying to block out the last 5 years too.

:fart:

Juriga72
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Guess you missed the entire 2006 season?? BiGal was around. Hate Plummer all you want but at least try to make a factual argurment. 39-15 and an annual trip to the playoffs. Best Denver has had since 7.

Don't worry I keep trying to block out the last 5 years too.

:fart:

Carried by a great running game and a awesome defense......

I have been blockingout the #30, 32nd defenses too.... but I guess you missed those also..........

chazoe60
02-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Carried by a great running game and a awesome defense......

I have been blockingout the #30, 32nd defenses too.... but I guess you missed those also..........

Just like part of the reason our defense was so bad this season was our offenses fault because of how horrid they were on third down, our offense in the Jake era helped out our defense by keeping them off the field.

We can't use that kind of thing against Orton with out crediting Plummer for the opposite.

Jake was a gritty winner with a fiery attitude, pretty much the opposite of Orton. I can't imagine Plummer ever taking a phantom sack.

Kapaibro
02-13-2011, 11:00 PM

at least he made it to playoff games

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 08:33 AM

No.... WHAT made the playoffs were scoring defense that held the other team to:
2003-#9 18.8 pts/game
2004-#9 191.0/pts/game
2005- 16.1 pts/game............ Kinda very like-"IF Kyle just had a average defense...."

Let see what REALLY carried Jake to success...

2003- #2 Rushing
2004-#4 Rushing
2005- #2 Rushing...... I guess we know what really led the offense......

Wait.. I know..."Jake is a leader!!!!!! He's great in crunch time!!!!!"

Uh.... not really.. "How little Jake was part of the offense" is more like it

2003- 26th in passing attempts
2004 #16th in passing attempts
2005 18th in passing attempts

So.... Jake barely played a part in anything...... he just stood there handing the ball off and let other people win the game.

Of course many liked that about him

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 10:41 AM

39-15...NUFF SAID.

NUff... huh???? Okey-dokey..... "Sucked when it counted"

2003 AFC Wildcard- Indy first half "Sucked when it counted" AGAINST #21 Ranked pass defense
11-19 68 yards 0 td-1 int- 43.31 QB rating

1st half "Drives"-
FG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
punt
punt
int
punt

2004 AFC Wildcard - IndyII Against 323rd ranked Pass Defense
5/12- 75 yards!!!!!!!!! 62.84 qb rating

1st half "drives"
Punt
punt
punt
FG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
punt

2005 AFC Divisonal New England Against #27th ranked Pass D
14/19 115 yards 0 TD 1 int- 66.7 qb rating

1st half "Drives"
Punt
Punt
Downs
INT
Rush td
Fg.............................WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

2005 AFC Championship Against #8 Pass Defense
6/10 59 yards 0 td 1 int...........37.08 QB rating

1st half "drives"

Punt
Sacked/fumbled the ball
FG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
INT

So lets see here............. "The defense gave up (Insert Kyle Orton excuse here) 30 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

In four playoff games with Denver-
First half drives!!!!!!!!-
1 td (rushing tho)
4 FG!!!!!!!!!
11 punts
3 int
1 fumble

36/60 317 yards 0 td 3 int (One fumble)........ 53.26 qb rating!!!!! "But the defense gave up (insert Kyle Orton excuse here) 30 points!!!!!!!
please tell me about "How Jake led us!!!!!!" again....... Because I can tell you why these games where over at halftime.

Just to give you some perspective on just how bad he played..... Look at Kyle's "First half of 2010 Oakland Raiders"-
7/17 90 yards 1 td 1 Pick six/ ONE fumble- 53.55 qb rating

Again for the slow witted Plummer fans out there ( why I don't know you still like the guy)....... He was WORSE than Kyle was for the Oakland game.....

BeefStew25
02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
That was a good article, and humanized a dude that has been known as a jackass.

It is cool he went out on his own terms, and I applaud him for that. But I want a guy who doesn't quit near his prime because things didn't go his way.

BeefStew25
02-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Plummer was Orton with a good defense. And a non-shoddy running game.

And was fun to watch play. And tried too hard to be 'different'.

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Plummer was Orton with a good defense. And a non-shoddy running game.

And was fun to watch play. And tried too hard to be 'different'.

DING!!!!!!

I loved the guy when he was here... just loved him. BUT.... He folded worse than Kyle did when the pressure was on.

The defense can only win the game versus the "OTHER TEAM".... not against our own qb who kept giving the ball up time after time.

Or he just sucked against "good teams"

BeefStew25
02-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Dilfer was 16-4 for the Ravens in 2000.

arapaho2
02-14-2011, 11:19 AM
plummer was a great qb on the move, horrible in the pocket

the offense played into his skill set, heavey on the roillouts, playaction off the great run game, naked bootlegs....but when that didnt work...when teams left a spy to prevent the rollout, plummer faultered, he failed, he could get shit going and had to rely on a pretty good defense to win games

plummer was a guy who didnt care to sit in the film room all week like cutler...he didnt care to put in hard work to get better and build a repor with his wrs off season like a cutler did

shanny said he could never open the full playbook with plummer because he didnt put in the time to learn it

he didnt care to put in the hard work and overtime to better himself and his team....by his own admission...he let the coaches worry about the game plan..."i just play football"

and in the end he couldnt outplay a struggling defense and was benched

he then stated after the last game of the season..."its is probably his last game as a bronco"

he then asked shanny for a trade TO A TEAM HE COULD START FOR....of which he thought kubes would eagerly give up whatever the broncos asked for jake...he didnt...jake then said he would rather retire

jake was traded to a struggling bucs team...a team collecting qbs...by rights jake could easily have won the starting job with a little work...he wanted it handed to him

he then screwed the broncos over by not reporting to them

so forgive me if im not all enamoured by a guy with the physical talents to be a star for this team if he put in the extra hard work to be better...but didnt care to

im glad he's having a goood life...but thats about it

BeefStew25
02-14-2011, 11:23 AM
He married up. I am happy for him on that.

Lonestar
02-14-2011, 01:43 PM
There was shock and awe that Shanny was throwing away a playoff birth when he made the switch. We were in.

If we are playoff bound and the coach makes a switch, he does it with the idea that the kid gives the best chance to win and move on in the playoffs, which he clearly didn't. This was not a week 1 start or a mid season replacement on a 3-6 team. Do you believe Shanny gave up on the season? I sure don't. Given that, YES I clearly expect more out of Jay...cuz the coach did.

Choked? Really? Dude was dumped DURING a playoff run and asked to come in at the very end of the season to save the coach's ass who benched him in the first place? Clearly, as evidenced by this article, he said FU to Shanny. But he choked...

Good post but your never going to convince those that loved jay for the get go or flat hated Jake.

What I laugh about all the time was mikeys proclamation that jay gave us a better chance to win.

How soon everyone forgets that crap.

BroncoStud
02-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Jake is by far the best we've had since Elway retired and he's taken 2 different teams to the playoffs, something Orton will NEVER do.

Lonestar
02-14-2011, 01:50 PM

I think everyone knows that good. Offenses make the defenses better.

Playing from being down by atleast 2 TD of nit 3 make the other team very predictable.

Also iirc we actually had a dc that could find his ass with both hands then also.

Who was the first DC that mikey ran off.

BeefStew25
02-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Who was the first DC that mikey ran off.

Is that a question? Or was the DC named Who?

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 02:50 PM
I love how those Jake lovers ALWAYS seem to forget about Jake's "Kyle Orton" impression in 2006....

I mean HOW stupid do you have to be to think that jake and his 13 interception in 11 games was "The best chance to win"......

He gave up like a little baby...crapping his pants at every turn with a 68 qb rating....Maybe he thought we were still IN the playoffs. No wonder Plummer idiots are so clinging to Orton.... they are the same person Plummer/Orton/ Jeff George....

MAN.. you have to be just a card carrying member of the "Jake Plummer short bus Society" to think he cared on bit about our team in 2006...

Has anyone noticed that since our defense lost Al Wilson and plummeted ( hmmm VERY close to Plummer) we have not sniffed the playoffs?

Lonestar
02-14-2011, 03:04 PM

Funny but they change the goals to match their heros at will.

It is called consistency. But fear not, they will never change.

GEM
02-14-2011, 03:32 PM

If that isn't the pot calling the ******* kettle black.

Jay Cutler will never make it to the playoffs.

Jay Cutler will never win a playoff game.

Sound familiar, Lonestar?
:rolleyes:

Your hypocrisy runs deep.

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 03:34 PM

"He can only win with a great defense"

"He can only beat weak playoff teams"

"He was carried by his team to the playoffs"

"He cost his team a win in the playoffs"

"He quit on his team"

GEM
02-14-2011, 03:36 PM
"He can only win with a great defense"

"He can only beat weak playoff teams"

"He was carried by his team to the playoffs"

"He cost his team a win in the playoffs"

"He quit on his team"

I hate Cutler, pretty much with a passion, but put credit where it's due.

You want consistency from everyone else, show it yourself. :shrugs:

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Dilfer was 16-4 for the Ravens in 2000.

No....
He was 7-1 as a starter throwing 12 TD's and 11 Ints....LOL

BUT.. he "lit it up" in the Playoffs....

Leading his team to 4 wins throwing 3 td's.....and fumbling 3 times too.

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I hate Cutler, pretty much with a passion, but put credit where it's due.

You want consistency from everyone else, show it yourself. :shrugs:

Its funny...... When he was our smirky QB...... I hated him for it, then when we got Mr. Mumbles I actually longed for the smirks.

Watching him run for first downs and carry that terrible offense in Chicago makes me hate Mcdummy even more each day.

Northman
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/tommy-boy.jpg

That one is going to leave a mark.

BroncoStud
02-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I love how those Jake lovers ALWAYS seem to forget about Jake's "Kyle Orton" impression in 2006....

I mean HOW stupid do you have to be to think that jake and his 13 interception in 11 games was "The best chance to win"......

He gave up like a little baby...crapping his pants at every turn with a 68 qb rating....Maybe he thought we were still IN the playoffs. No wonder Plummer idiots are so clinging to Orton.... they are the same person Plummer/Orton/ Jeff George....

MAN.. you have to be just a card carrying member of the "Jake Plummer short bus Society" to think he cared on bit about our team in 2006...

Has anyone noticed that since our defense lost Al Wilson and plummeted ( hmmm VERY close to Plummer) we have not sniffed the playoffs?

Jake sucked the second we drafted Jay Cutler, there was a major and noticable difference in his attitude and his play from 2005 - 2006. It was time to move on, but before the 2006 season Jake was great and he was entertaining, and he was one of the better QBs in the NFL capable of running and throwing for victories.

Lonestar
02-14-2011, 06:03 PM

Did I ever praise jay since he got to the bears.
Did I ever change my stance on jay almost from day one.

Not that that mine has been consistency and not being a hypocrite.

I don't hate the guy just call it like is see it. Jay is a loser who got lucky going to a team with great ST and D.

Let me add beating. Pathetic sea hawk team in the playoffs. He had a food game iirc. But then got his ass hands to him by a real team.

Still can't believe we have so many cutler apologists here. He is not cingular back folks even I'd they run him out of town in bearland.

GEM
02-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Did I ever praise jay since he got to the bears.
Did I ever change my stance on jay almost from day one.

Not that that mine has been consistency and not being a hypocrite.

I don't hate the guy just call it like is see it. Jay is a loser who got lucky going to a team with great ST and D.

Let me add beating. Pathetic sea hawk team in the playoffs. He had a food game iirc. But then got his ass hands to him by a real team.

Still can't believe we have so many cutler apologists here. He is not cingular back folks even I'd they run him out of town in bearland.

No, your stance on him didn't change. Your parameters did. You said Jay would not make the playoffs. Then he did and you said it was all because of his ST and D. Then you said he would never win a playoff game, then you said he had nothing to do with it, that it was all the ST and D.

Lone....did you lose the ability to read somewhere along the way? I just said I hate Cutler with a ******* passion, so you don't have a Cutler apologist here. FFS. :rolleyes:

They won't run him out of town, they'll ride his ass to the playoffs.

Northman
02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
No, your stance on him didn't change. Your parameters did. You said Jay would not make the playoffs. Then he did and you said it was all because of his ST and D. Then you said he would never win a playoff game, then you said he had nothing to do with it, that it was all the ST and D.

Lone....did you lose the ability to read somewhere along the way? I just said I hate Cutler with a ******* passion, so you don't have a Cutler apologist here. FFS. :rolleyes:

Yeeeeep. Thank you. :beer:

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 07:22 PM
So let me see if I got this correct.......

According to some here... Cutler "Rode his Defense and Special teams to wins.. THEN got his ass handed to him"

Lets see.. THIS year Comapred to OUR 2005 defense
Chicago Bears Defense-
#4 scoring 17.6 pts/game-
Denver-#3 16.1 pts/game.... Jake got carried by a better defense

Rushing game-
Chicago 2010- #22 rushing 1,616 yards
Denver 2005- #2 rushing team 2,539 yards Jake carried by better rushing team

Lets see about "Impact of play"
Cutler-23 td's (first year in system, third system in 3 years) 1 td passes every 18.7 att
Plummer 18 td's- THIRD year of system 1 td pass every 25.3 att

Sacks-
Cutler-57 #1 in NFL
Plummer- 22 #27th in NFl

Playoff teams faced-
Cutler- #27 pass defense Seattle
#5 Green Bay
Plummer- #31 New England
#16 Pittsburgh

Playoff stats-
Cutler- 21/42 354 yards 2 td/ 1 int- 2 rush TD's 84.82 QB rating
Plummer- 33/56 420 yards 2td/ 3 int- 2 fumbles lost 72.02 qb rating

Lets see...... in TWO games the "Greatest QB since Elway" had 5 turnovers and 2 td's, while the "Biggest whiner ever" has 4 td's and ONE int............

I guess we know who cost his team the playoffs......

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 07:23 PM

Gem....

I bet it just tears you up to have to defend Cutler in ANY way...LOL

rcsodak
02-14-2011, 07:42 PM

I think the D got Chi to the playoffs. And beating the WORST EVER playoff team, who dropped multiple pix, isn't much to hang one's hat on, IMO.
I think I saw jay mouth "phew. Glad its seattle" after they dropped one of his errant throws.....but don't quote me. *wink*

Northman
02-14-2011, 07:46 PM
I think I saw jay mouth "phew. Glad its seattle" after they dropped one of his errant throws.....but don't quote me. *wink*

Actually, he was laughing at the thought of McD getting fired after 2 seasons and going 4-12 while he was in the playoffs.

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 07:56 PM
I think the D got Chi to the playoffs. And beating the WORST EVER playoff team, who dropped multiple pix, isn't much to hang one's hat on, IMO.

And still did better than Kyle did... man... sucks for your man crush huh?

Medford Bronco
02-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Also keep in mind the teams Jake played on actually had a decent defense and an excellent running game. I give him props but lets not think he was the second coming, he was not. He was a good NFL QB. Not a HOFer and not a stiff.

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 09:45 PM
I just love the Ortonites/Plummers... EVEN when faced with the fact that Jake was carried by a far better team and had little if any effect in the outcome of games.....

"Jay is such a whiner"....... THATS all they have.

Juriga72
02-15-2011, 02:41 PM

Its called "Pleading guilty to sexual assualt" that makes Jake a piece of crap.

OR do you forget this because he won a few football games?

Face it, he quit on his team not because of a injury..because he didnt care about the other 52 players just about himself...

Makes me wonder about Plummer fans..................sick people love sick people

MasterShake
02-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Its called "Pleading guilty to sexual assualt" that makes Jake a piece of crap.

OR do you forget this because he won a few football games?

Face it, he quit on his team not because of a injury..because he didnt care about the other 52 players just about himself...

Makes me wonder about Plummer fans..................sick people love sick people

Dude, really? I am a self proclaimed Plummer fan but this is getting ridiculous. This is just a little news story about some dude who turned his back on being a NFL Qb to play handball. Who cares if I liked Plummer? My allegience is still to the Broncos first and foremost. You want to cast broad strokes and call me a sick person? For all you know I really am a giant milkshake so what do I care?

I am not a sick person, but I am getting sick of the Plummer/Cutler/Orton/Tebow bashing from all sides of whoever supports who. Its a long offseason, so lets revisit bullshit from the past. Just accept the fact that some people have a favorite QB and even if you don't like them you aren't going to change anyones mind. Everyone is seriously throwing out stats and team rankings to back up their CLAIMS that Plummer was or wasn't the reason for a teams success?

Stats. To back up opinions. Ok....

Juriga72
02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Dude, really? I am a self proclaimed Plummer fan but this is getting ridiculous. This is just a little news story about some dude who turned his back on being a NFL Qb to play handball. Who cares if I liked Plummer? My allegience is still to the Broncos first and foremost. You want to cast broad strokes and call me a sick person? For all you know I really am a giant milkshake so what do I care?

I am not a sick person, but I am getting sick of the Plummer/Cutler/Orton/Tebow bashing from all sides of whoever supports who. Its a long offseason, so lets revisit bullshit from the past. Just accept the fact that some people have a favorite QB and even if you don't like them you aren't going to change anyones mind. Everyone is seriously throwing out stats and team rankings to back up their CLAIMS that Plummer was or wasn't the reason for a teams success?

DUDE.... sorry if the truth hurts.. BUT Jake being a convicted sex offender is a fact. I just laugh at people who say "I want my kids to look up to him"

really?....dude

KCL
02-15-2011, 03:16 PM

I am not EVEN a Broncos fan but damn I had to give the giant Shake a high5 for this post...:salute:

MasterShake
02-15-2011, 03:33 PM
DUDE.... sorry if the truth hurts.. BUT Jake being a convicted sex offender is a fact. I just laugh at people who say "I want my kids to look up to him"

really?....dude

If my kid told me he wanted to grow up to play handball and bang NFL cheerleaders, I'd tossle his hair and consider my job done.

Seriously though, I could care less about Jake Plummer now. Liked him when he was here, thought he was dumb to drunkenly grope some women on a dance floor in 1998, and have sinced moved in with my life. I don't want my kid looking up to anyone except Darth Vader. He shows you how you can take a handicap and use it to your advantage to rule a galaxy.

And one last thing, dude.

Dude.

Ravage!!!
02-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I wish him the best.

It did confirm to me that Jake had decided to retire after the season as soon as Cutler was drafted. Which is fine, it's his life, his career and his choices. But many of us said that he played like he had "given up" that season, and it's now confirmed as far as I'm concerned.

I still.. STILL.. don't understand anyone that makes the ridiculous claim that Plummer got "screwed" by Shanahan for drafting Cutler. Isn't that what teams do every year, draft players?

MasterShake
02-15-2011, 03:38 PM
I wish him the best.

It did confirm to me that Jake had decided to retire after the season as soon as Cutler was drafted. Which is fine, it's his life, his career and his choices. But many of us said that he played like he had "given up" that season, and it's now confirmed as far as I'm concerned.

I still.. STILL.. don't understand anyone that makes the ridiculous claim that Plummer got "screwed" by Shanahan for drafting Cutler. Isn't that what teams do every year, draft players?

As much as I liked Plummer, I was excited to get Cutler. I went to the game against Seattle where Brandon Marshall had that long ass TD rumble. That was the last time I felt really hopeful about the Broncos future until recently. Sucks that we missed the playoffs that year, but it really started to fall apart after that.

Lonestar
02-15-2011, 03:52 PM

1 I did not call you an apologist. But there are enough to go around.

2 I did say iirc that he would not leas them to a playoff. But I could NE wrong about the terminology.
The only reason he got credit was he was the QB of record. I guess that is fair but any logicalind knows that it was nit his play that gave them the record but the D and ST play.
Was he the QB yes did he fubar the loss to GB absolutely.

Only an apologist would argue otherwise.

As for fans in Chicago they were the ones burning his jerseys as well as a few here.

Juriga72
02-15-2011, 03:52 PM
If my kid told me he wanted to grow up to play handball and bang NFL cheerleaders, I'd tossle his hair and consider my job done.

Seriously though, I could care less about Jake Plummer now. Liked him when he was here, thought he was dumb to drunkenly grope some women on a dance floor in 1998, and have sinced moved in with my life. I don't want my kid looking up to anyone except Darth Vader. He shows you how you can take a handicap and use it to your advantage to rule a galaxy.

And one last thing, dude.

Dude.

Funny how all those people just love him "When he was here!!!"

Sorry I dont cheer for sex offenders who happen to also be bad quarterbacks

I have a concise unlike...well........

KCL
02-15-2011, 04:15 PM

2 I did say iirc that he would not leas them to a playoff. But I could NE wrong about the terminology.
The only reason he got credit was he was the QB of record. I guess that is fair but any logicalind knows that it was nit his play that gave them the record but the D and ST play.

As for fans in Chicago they were the ones burning his jerseys as well as a few here.

You two are like a couple of records that have scratches...you hear or in this case read the same garbage over and over...stuck in the same place all the time...I am right and you are wrong....stick your fingers in your ears and say NA NA NA NA NA...And you two are more alike than you might think.

MasterShake
02-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Thats fine. We aren't all gonna like the same things. And I don't think Plummer was a good QB, I just liked the fact that he played well beyond his skill level. Your heart dropped everytime he threw a deep ball becuase it was 50/50 on whether or not it would be picked off.

I'm not here to change your mind or convince you to like Plummer, because you never will. I just don't understand you wanting to convince me otherwise on the flip side. Did I say I liked Plummer the greatest sex offender on the planet, or Plummer the Denver QB for a few good years?

"When he was here!!" is the only time I could like him, so I really don't get that. My friend is a Green Bay fan and he only liked Brett Favre when he was with Green Bay. And now he hates him and laughed with joy when he was caught texting his dong around.

Speaking of which, both Plummer AND Favre were called gunslingers and both are pretty much sex offenders. Does gunslinger not mean what I think it does?

BeefStew25
02-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Shake, me and you are yogurt slingers.

Ravage!!!
02-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Sex offender is a term that has SUCH A HUGE broad spectrum that its not fair. Peek in someone's window, you are a sex offender. Be accused of inappropriately touching a girl on a dance floor, you are a sex offender. Molest the next door neighbor, you are a sex offender.

Point being, there is no separation. People that take pictures of girls in a tanning booth get the SAME CHARGES and convictions as someone that took pictures of 9 yr old girls committing sex acts. Then they are treated the EXACT same way when they are released from prison because they have the same "label."

I'm not even a Plummer guy, but please don't try to use this LAME "sex offender" label on him to convince people what an awful man he is.

GEM
02-15-2011, 05:12 PM

Hey Zeus H. Crimeney....can you please keep your story straight long enough to make it through a post.

First you said that you did not call me an apologist, then you say anyone arguing otherwise is an apologist. I FREAKING HATE JAY CUTLER, I AM NOT AN APOLOGIST, AND I'M ARGUING OTHERWISE.

No, I don't see that his ST and D were the only reasons they got where they were. He put points on the board with only a below average set of WR's and an above average TE. His RB is decent when he has an OLine, which CHI didn't have. Cutler took a freaking beating and still ended up with pretty good stats and a playoff spot.

Your hate of Cutler is so freaking deep that you refuse to look at anything attached to him objectively.

I hate the freaking guy, but again, give credit where it's due. :rolleyes: That doesn't make me an apologist, that makes me a realist.

Ravage!!!
02-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Hey Zeus H. Crimeney....can you please keep your story straight long enough to make it through a post.

First you said that you did not call me an apologist, then you say anyone arguing otherwise is an apologist. I FREAKING HATE JAY CUTLER, I AM NOT AN APOLOGIST, AND I'M ARGUING OTHERWISE.

Awww.. the famous wiz "if you don't agree with my opinion, you must have an agenda" post by the master hypocrite himself.

BroncoStud
02-15-2011, 06:06 PM

Jake's a registered sex offender?

BeefStew25
02-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Why do you think he likes handball?

BroncoNut
02-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Awww.. the famous wiz "if you don't agree with my opinion, you must have an agenda" post by the master hypocrite himself.

I never paid much attention to LS's posts for some reason. he just doesn't seem that friendly or something.

Juriga72
02-15-2011, 08:30 PM

Sex offender is a term that has SUCH A HUGE broad spectrum that its not fair. Peek in someone's window, you are a sex offender. Be accused of inappropriately touching a girl on a dance floor, you are a sex offender. Molest the next door neighbor, you are a sex offender.

Point being, there is no separation. People that take pictures of girls in a tanning booth get the SAME CHARGES and convictions as someone that took pictures of 9 yr old girls committing sex acts. Then they are treated the EXACT same way when they are released from prison because they have the same "label."

I'm not even a Plummer guy, but please don't try to use this LAME "sex offender" label on him to convince people what an awful man he is.

You do know he plead guilty to a sex offense right?

You do know he did grope 4 women...right?

Calling out Ben Rapelesburger for not even once being charged for a crime...yet saying... "Well...yeah once he was convicted of a sexual attack...BUT he won games for us so he can't be THAT bad a guy"

WHICH statement is hypocritical?
How bout the time he kicked out the lights of some dudes truck then ran into it? Yeah..."Jake's a sweet heart type of guy"

Plummer was/is a guy who stole money from us and then cried and took his football home when Shanny slapped his wrist.

Lonestar
02-15-2011, 09:01 PM
First you said that you did not call me an apologist, then you say anyone arguing otherwise is an apologist. I FREAKING HATE JAY CUTLER, I AM NOT AN APOLOGIST, AND I'M ARGUING OTHERWISE.o, I don't see that his ST and D were the only reasons they got where they were. He put points on the board with only a below average set of WR's and an above average TE. His RB is decent when he has an OLine, which CHI didn't have. Cutler took a freaking beating and still ended up with pretty good stats and a playoff spot.
Your hate of Cutler is so freaking deep that you refuse to look at anything attached to him objectively.
I hate the freaking guy, but again, give credit where it's due. :rolleyes: That doesn't make me an apologist, that makes me a realist.

Well good for you guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Lonestar
02-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Iirc Jake plead no contest did community service, for doingnotjong more than what every college male has dome at a frat party.

At the time 10-12 years ago was no big deal.

Not saying it was right thing to do. But other than a few folks I suspect every male over the age of 30 has copped q feel at one or more times in their puberty thru college time frame.

BeefStew25
02-15-2011, 09:29 PM
You are a sick pervert.

BroncoNut
02-15-2011, 09:39 PM
jake is not a registered offender is he?

BroncoNut
02-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Iirc Jake plead no contest did community service, for doingnotjong more than what every college male has dome at a frat party.

At the time 10-12 years ago was no big deal.

Not saying it was right thing to do. But other than a few folks I suspect every male over the age of 30 has copped q feel at one or more times in their puberty thru college time frame.

you are one screwed up dude

MasterShake
02-15-2011, 10:12 PM
jake is not a registered offender is he?

I actually did some research on this, and no he is not:

Plummer Agrees to a Plea Bargain

Quarterback JAKE PLUMMER, accused of felony sex abuse, agreed to a plea bargain yesterday under which he received two years' probation. Plummer, who was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals out of Arizona State, was accused of groping four women in March at a nightclub in Tempe, Ariz. He faced four felony counts of sex abuse that could have led to eight years in prison. But Plummer instead pleaded no contest yesterday to one misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct and guilty to one misdemeanor assault count that was in the original criminal complaint.

http://www.nytimes.com/keyword/plea-bargain

During the plea bargain, he plead guilty to a misdemeanor dropping the felony charge and did not have to register as a sex offender. What he plead guilty to is not even close to what constitutes being a registered sex offender in Arizona: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Sex_Offender/Laws/#Registration

And now I am probably on some list because I was googling sex offender laws in other states while bored this evening.:lol:

tubby
02-15-2011, 11:40 PM
With the 11th pick.....KA BOOM!

War the Snake

bcbronc
02-16-2011, 01:22 AM
I :heart: Jake Plummer.

best hair/beard combo in franchise history. imo.

Lonestar
02-16-2011, 01:32 AM
I actually did some research on this, and no he is not:

Plummer Agrees to a Plea Bargain

Quarterback JAKE PLUMMER, accused of felony sex abuse, agreed to a plea bargain yesterday under which he received two years' probation. Plummer, who was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals out of Arizona State, was accused of groping four women in March at a nightclub in Tempe, Ariz. He faced four felony counts of sex abuse that could have led to eight years in prison. But Plummer instead plead no contest yesterday to one misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct and guilty to one misdemeanor assault count that was in the original criminal complaint.

http://www.nytimes.com/keyword/plea-bargain

During the plea bargain, he plead guilty to a misdemeanor assault count dropping the felony charge and did not have to register as a sex offender. What he plead guilty to is not even close to what constitutes being a registered sex offender in Arizona: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Sex_Offender/Laws/#Registration

And now I am probably on some list because I was goggling sex offender laws in other states while bored this evening.:lol:

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Nolo contendere is a legal term that comes from the Latin for "I do not wish to contend." It is also referred to as a plea of no contest.

In criminal trials, and in some common law jurisdictions, it is a plea where the defendant neither admits nor disputes a charge, serving as an alternative to a pleading of guilty or not guilty.

Lonestar
02-16-2011, 01:38 AM
you are one screwed up dude

SO your telling me that you have never copped a feel from someone?

BroncoStud
02-16-2011, 09:51 AM
You do know he plead guilty to a sex offense right?

You do know he did grope 4 women...right?

Calling out Ben Rapelesburger for not even once being charged for a crime...yet saying... "Well...yeah once he was convicted of a sexual attack...BUT he won games for us so he can't be THAT bad a guy"

WHICH statement is hypocritical?
How bout the time he kicked out the lights of some dudes truck then ran into it? Yeah..."Jake's a sweet heart type of guy"

Plummer was/is a guy who stole money from us and then cried and took his football home when Shanny slapped his wrist.

You still didn't answer my question... Is Jake Plummer a registered sex offender? The answer is no. So what you are doing is defaming his character and if he gave a shit he could probably press charges. :elefant:

champbronc2
02-18-2011, 12:54 PM
9 pages? What is this? The health care reform bill?