PDA

View Full Version : Petition Letter to league and owners

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2011, 05:39 PM
In Gem's thread, it was suggested that we, as fans, start a petition in regards to the CBA.

The following site has one.

http://www.nfllockout.com/2010/10/11/petition-letter-to-nfl-commissioner-and-nfl-owners/

When you sign the petition, you need to accept the Terms & Conditions. I do not have time to read them to see if they are OK. Maybe someone has the time to do so.

BroncoJoe
02-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Looks to me like it's a nflplayers.com (NFLPA) petition. Not really "fan" based.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Looks to me like it's a nflplayers.com (NFLPA) petition. Not really "fan" based.

It starts out -

Dear NFL Commissioner and NFL Owners,

We the fans of the NFL, demand that you NOT lock out players in 2011. The players want to play football and we passionately want to see America’s most popular sport.

BroncoJoe
02-11-2011, 05:49 PM
It starts out -

Dear NFL Commissioner and NFL Owners,

We the fans of the NFL, demand that you NOT lock out players in 2011. The players want to play football and we passionately want to see America’s most popular sport.

It's an NFLPA website. Hardly built by the fans.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2011, 05:54 PM
It's an NFLPA website. Hardly built by the fans.

Just found the following on sporting news - I don't know

The NFLPA and the league office have done heavy negotiating about the labor agreement, finding little middle ground and leading many to expect a lockout next season, if the season isn’t scrapped altogether.

Players and fans will spread the word about NFLLockout.com to encourage others to sign a petition to block the lockout.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-01-18/nflpa-takes-to-social-media-to-petition-lockout

I think that's the same link I posted in my first post.

AND

Ray Lewis urges fans to sign ‘Block The NFL Lockout’ petition

same site is mentioned in this - http://baltimoresportsreport.com/ray-lewis-urges-fans-to-sign-block-the-nfl-lockout-petition-11655.html

BroncoJoe
02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Just found the following on sporting news - I don't know

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-01-18/nflpa-takes-to-social-media-to-petition-lockout

I think that's the same link I posted in my first post.

Click on the "Terms & Conditions" link. It takes you to this site:

http://www.nflplayers.com/TOS/

EDIT: Perhaps everyone should be on the players asses as much as the owners. Spending time and money doing this, instead of heading to the bargaining table? I for one don't like it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2011, 06:02 PM
THERE IS ANOTHER PETITION ON THE FOLLOWING SITE:

http://baltimoresportsreport.com/ray-lewis-urges-fans-to-sign-block-the-nfl-lockout-petition-11655.html

BroncoJoe
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Not sure what you're trying to prove, Carol. The site they all refer to is an NFLPA developed site. Hardly objective, nor created by "fans".

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Click on the "Terms & Conditions" link. It takes you to this site:

http://www.nflplayers.com/TOS/

EDIT: Perhaps everyone should be on the players asses as much as the owners. Spending time and money doing this, instead of heading to the bargaining table? I for one don't like it.

I agree - the players are not innocent in this. Their hangup now is that presently they receive 60% of all revenue, and the owners want to drop that to 50%. So to that I say, the owners need to counteract with - OK you share in the revenue, you NOW also need to share in all of the expenses the owners have - you will now pay for all of your own travel, hotel rooms, uniforms, food, etc., etc., etc., and oh by the way - since you share in the revenue, the owners will now be able to share in the endorsement money, personal appearance money, etc., that you receive.

BroncoJoe
02-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I agree - the players are not innocent in this. Their hangup now is that presently they receive 60% of all revenue, and the owners want to drop that to 50%. So to that I say, the owners need to counteract with - OK you share in the revenue, you NOW also need to share in all of the expenses the owners have - you will now pay for all of your own travel, hotel rooms, uniforms, food, etc., etc., etc., and oh by the way - since you share in the revenue, the owners will now be able to share in the endorsement money, personal appearance money, etc., that you receive.

I'm just curious if anyone actually knows the profits of the teams. All I ever hear about is revenue, which is huge, but so are expenses. Has anyone ever taken the time to look at the Broncos organizational chart? It's massive. Add into that the cost of building/field(s) upkeep, office products, travel expense, etc., etc.

The players need to back off how much money is flowing into the NFL, and look at how much is being carted out as well. While I don't necessarily side with the owners, I certainly don't feel bad for those who play a game and make millions doing it.

Oh, and save me the great risk to their health. They choose to participate.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm just curious if anyone actually knows the profits of the teams. All I ever hear about is revenue, which is huge, but so are expenses. Has anyone ever taken the time to look at the Broncos organizational chart? It's massive. Add into that the cost of building/field(s) upkeep, office products, travel expense, etc., etc.

The players need to back off how much money is flowing into the NFL, and look at how much is being carted out as well. While I don't necessarily side with the owners, I certainly don't feel bad for those who play a game and make millions doing it.

Interesting article - from article:

But for all the good news, a ticking time bomb remains. Team owners and players are locked in a showdown surrounding their collective bargaining agreement, which expires after this season. Before the current uncapped season, the CBA required teams to pay players no more than 60% and not less than 56% of league revenue, net of deductions for capital expenditures and a portion of local revenue.

The league has been showcasing the Green Bay Packers as the poster child as to why this formula is no longer sustainable (the Packers are owned by local shareholders and therefore the only NFL team that releases financial statements). Indeed the Pack's player costs rose from $139 million in 2008 to $161 million last season, while operating profits declined from $20 million to $10 million during the same time.

full article - http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/25/most-valuable-nfl-teams-business-sports-football-valuations-10-intro.html

frauschieze
02-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I might throw together a quick financial analysis for the Pack tonight. It's not as effective without something to compare it to (data in a vacuum is not horribly useful) but I can compare rates to some of the businesses that are similar in size and revenue.

It'd be pretty interesting.

dogfish
02-11-2011, 09:42 PM

see, folks? nobody slips any crap past that wily broncojoe. . .

I'm just curious if anyone actually knows the profits of the teams.

no one-- the refusal of the owners to open their books has been one of the big bones of contention between the two sides for years, especially recently. . .

dogfish
02-11-2011, 09:43 PM
I might throw together a quick financial analysis for the Pack tonight. It's not as effective without something to compare it to (data in a vacuum is not horribly useful) but I can compare rates to some of the businesses that are similar in size and revenue.

It'd be pretty interesting.

how about throwing together an analysis of dom capers' zone blitz packages instead? that sounds sooo much more interesting. . .

Benetto
02-11-2011, 10:20 PM
**** the NFLPA...Bunch of whiny rich ******** who are threatening to hold out their reps from work, just to squeeze out more money from the man.

Stranglehold methods hurt everyone...I'd rather sign a petition to get those young greedy rich athletes back to work and honor their contracts. ******* BS.

:coffee:

Benetto
02-11-2011, 10:23 PM

I have known you Joe, for many years...And this is one of the best posts, out of the thousands I have encountered.

frauschieze
02-11-2011, 11:10 PM
how about throwing together an analysis of dom capers' zone blitz packages instead? that sounds sooo much more interesting. . .

But you can do a MUCH better job with that than I can. I stick to my strengths.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Not sure what you're trying to prove, Carol. The site they all refer to is an NFLPA developed site. Hardly objective, nor created by "fans".

Was not trying to prove anything - just did not clear copy/paste when posting the link. This is the one I wanted to post:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/no-nfl-lockout/

Nomad
02-12-2011, 06:54 AM
The players say they are satisifed.....BS!! They are union members and the unions (no matter what job they represent) are never satisfied!! And on the flip side, Owners/Contractors/Companies always want more for less! It's a ****** up situation when CBA's are negotiated between owners and union representatives, usually always goes to arbitration!!

This is a bs petition!!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-12-2011, 01:17 PM
The players say they are satisifed.....BS!! They are union members and the unions (no matter what job they represent) are never satisfied!! And on the flip side, Owners/Contractors/Companies always want more for less! It's a ****** up situation when CBA's are negotiated between owners and union representatives, usually always goes to arbitration!!

This is a bs petition!!

The players are satisfied with the way the CBA is now. They do not want the changes the owner's are proposing.

BroncoTech
02-12-2011, 04:40 PM
A buddy of mine said he's just watch NCAA football and I just laughed. After thinking about it for a couple days the idea sounds refreshing. I'm tired of watching guys who make 2 million a game quit on plays, celebrate like they hit the winning home run in the world series after making a tackle after a 5 yard gain and choking in general. Most of these teams are weaved from such ego based thread they fall apart in the bag, on the way home, like a Walmart suit. Except at Walmart you know you get what you paid for.

Juriga72
02-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Well.... ONE thing I know fer sure.... a 16 oz tap of Coors light does NOT cost 11.00 each.....