PDA

View Full Version : "Great atmosphere in Denver"

East Coast Fan
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I told you guys before that I work with a guy named George Atiyeh who played with the Denver Gold in '83 (you young guys are aksing "who the bleep is that"); yesterday he sees me and says "your Broncos are doing well" and he adds "when I played for Red Miller out there and we played in the old stadium you couldn't believe the great atmosphere. You don't get that in Philly or New York. Denver is my favorite city".

Just thought that you'd like to hear that from here on the East Coast...:D

girler
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
I told you guys before that I work with a guy named George Atiyeh who played with the Denver Gold in '83 (you young guys are aksing "who the bleep is that"); yesterday he sees me and says "your Broncos are doing well" and he adds "when I played for Red Miller out there and we played in the old stadium you couldn't believe the great atmosphere. You don't get that in Philly or New York. Denver is my favorite city".

I faithfully watched the Denver Gold for the one or two seasons they played. I can't remember much about them- I couldn't have even told you when they played or who their coach was :laugh: but I watched spring football youbetcha!!!! And I would again now that I think about it. :salute:

We LOVE our football here! Your friend would be welcomed back with open arms too.

BroncoFanatic
09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
What did he do/play in Philly/NY for comparison? Just curious.

It's funny to hear all the Philly fans think they are the greatest in the NFL/world.

Every once in a while I like to terrorize my co-workers with:

Ask them which NFL teams have the longest consecutive sellout streaks
Remind them that they needed a judge & court inside their last stadium
Show them a picture of what a Super Bowl winning touchdown looks like

:smack:

BroncoJoe
09-26-2008, 10:39 AM
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2007/11/medium_DenverGold.gif

BroncoJoe
09-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Craig Morton coached them for two years.

East Coast Fan
09-26-2008, 10:48 AM
What did he do/play in Philly/NY for comparison? Just curious.

:smack:

He was a big-time high school player and wrestler up here in Allentown, and actually was on the Eagles albeit on injured reserve in 1981.

BroncoFanatic
09-26-2008, 11:17 AM
He was a big-time high school player and wrestler up here in Allentown, and actually was on the Eagles albeit on injured reserve in 1981.

Cool, TY

Any Broncos bars up your way? None that I know of in Philly, just a Chiefs bar :dizzy:

East Coast Fan
09-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Any Broncos bars up your way? None that I know of in Philly, just a Chiefs bar :dizzy:

Only one that I know of is in my buddy's basement!! :laugh:

MasterShake
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I faithfully watched the Denver Gold for the one or two seasons they played. I can't remember much about them- I couldn't have even told you when they played or who their coach was :laugh: but I watched spring football youbetcha!!!! And I would again now that I think about it. :salute:

We LOVE our football here! Your friend would be welcomed back with open arms too.

I have a Denver Gold Cheerleader poster framed! I'll try to take a pic of it later.

Rex
09-26-2008, 11:26 AM

I went to a Denver Gold vs LA Express game

East Coast Fan
09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I went to a Denver Gold vs LA Express game

Well then you probably saw him play because he was traded to LA that same year! And then he played for John Ralston! :D Remember...

"Win 12, lose 2, go to and win the Super Bowl"