PDA

View Full Version : To the NFL and the Players Union

GEM
02-11-2011, 02:10 PM
To the NFL and The Players Union, from a fan

Dear Greedy ********,

Thank you for many years of enjoyment of your product. Your product has given me many years of joy, a few years of pain and helped build back a broken relationship with my dad. It is amazing how instrumental the game of football is in my life, so for that thank you.

I would like to take a moment to give you my opinion on the CBA negotiations, not that it matters a whole lot, but I feel better knowing you see the fan's side of this.

For years now, I have spent nearly every Sunday afternoon watching your broadcasts either on tv or live. I also spend Monday nights and sometimes Thursday evenings enjoying a great NFL game (except when you put the Lions vs. the Browns on national tv). I spend a substantial amount of my hard earned money on memorabilia, jerseys, shirts, pajamas, etc (yes the list is long). I also manage a couple of bars that spend a significant amount of cash yearly provided Sunday Ticket to your fans so that they can enjoy a Steelers game in Denver or a Giants game in Arvada.

In essence, these examples are just small things in the big picture. When you multiply that by the millions that love your product, you are some rich sons of bitches! Your pie as you call it, is huge. It's over flowing, I mean your oven is an absolute mess! And here we are, the little guy, who loves your product, here we are looking at no football next year. Do you know the ramifications of this is? Do you know the homicide numbers in large cities will rise because we won't be able to get our aggression out throwing a bowl of chips at the tv because a player dropped a sure TD? Do you know that the country is in a recession and the depression levels of your average American is at a high rate? And with no football, oh boy...this coming winter is going to be brutal.

So while you all strike and lock out to grab a bigger piece of your overflowing pie, take just a moment to remember who gave you such a nice ******* pie. It was us...the little guy. Without us buying your merchandise, paying out the ass for nose bleeder seats, paying $10 for a lousy warm beer and $20 for a parking space a mile from the stadium, without us you wouldn't have a product that is worth what it is today.

So you might want to rethink pissing us off.....because in the end, we could decide to strike and lock you out....and then where will you be.

Please don't take the time to respond, just get your greedy asses back in that freaking meeting room, sit down for 50 hours straight and put the players on the field and let's get this shit going.

Respectfully,

One Pissed Off Fan

I posted this in the Other NFL section in a thread, but I should have just started a new thread.

GEM
02-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Emailed to Mr. Goodell thanks to Carol sending me his addy.

dogfish
02-11-2011, 03:39 PM
much politer than i would have been. . .

:D

i hope people are serious about cutting off the cash. . . i used to be a pretty big NHL fan, and since their lockout i haven't spent a nickel on NHL stuff. . . haven't attended a game, haven't even watched a regular-season game, and haven't bought a single piece of merchandise. . .

if the NFL has a lockout or strike, i can't promise that i'll stop watching and deny them my little fraction of the TV revenues. . . but i'll never friggin' buy another piece of NFL swag again, and i've bought quite a bit over the years-- everything from clothes to license plate frames and bottle openers. . . that's all done with if they don't get this resolved without a work stoppage, and done for good. . .

i'll still watch the games when they come back, i'm too big a fan not to. . . but not too big a fan to never give the greedy assbags any more of my cash. . . if a deal's not signed by mar 4th i'll be sending the broncos an email to take my name off the season ticket wait list-- permanently. . . **** 'em. . .

GEM
02-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I am completely disgusted that in this economy and with Americans out of work, losing their homes and struggling to feed their families, these ******** are fighting over this obscene amount of cash.

vettesplus
02-11-2011, 03:56 PM
send this pic to goodall, i think i speak for alot of football fans.....
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/vettesplus/miscpics/bartmooning.gif

Bullgator
02-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey! seriously why cant we do that? why can there be a fan union? with todays internet I think its possible to start up a site and have millions of fan sign a petition promising a boycot... the owners are represented and so are the players.. its about damn time that the fans had some reprisentation and ower. LOOK INTO IT!!! MAKE THE SITE AND ADVERTISE..

I would bet my life it would catch on like wildfire. Report the site to ESPN and other news agencies... you know they dont want a lockout cuz wtf would they blabber about during fb season.

@Carol.... I know you have the power to research this and see how viable it is to start something like this.. let us know!!!!!!!

underrated29
02-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Anyone else think its Hot when Gem gets all pissed off?

TXBRONC
02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
much politer than i would have been. . .

:D

i hope people are serious about cutting off the cash. . . i used to be a pretty big NHL fan, and since their lockout i haven't spent a nickel on NHL stuff. . . haven't attended a game, haven't even watched a regular-season game, and haven't bought a single piece of merchandise. . .

if the NFL has a lockout or strike, i can't promise that i'll stop watching and deny them my little fraction of the TV revenues. . . but i'll never friggin' buy another piece of NFL swag again, and i've bought quite a bit over the years-- everything from clothes to license plate frames and bottle openers. . . that's all done with if they don't get this resolved without a work stoppage, and done for good. . .

i'll still watch the games when they come back, i'm too big a fan not to. . . but not too big a fan to never give the greedy assbags any more of my cash. . . if a deal's not signed by mar 4th i'll be sending the broncos an email to take my name off the season ticket wait list-- permanently. . . **** 'em. . .

If the NFL and the NFLPA have any sense they wont go the route of the MLB or the NHL. Both have never fully recovered from their stupidity.

TXBRONC
02-11-2011, 04:20 PM

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Superchop 7
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What time of the month is it......then I'll give you my answer.

NightTrainLayne
02-11-2011, 04:51 PM
If the NFL and the NFLPA have any sense they wont go the route of the MLB or the NHL. Both have never fully recovered from their stupidity.

If they had any sense, the deal would already have been done.

silkamilkamonico
02-11-2011, 04:55 PM
It's a good letter, but the NFL will never be far enough removed from the fans to be irrelevant. Fans will come back, regardless, and in full force. The NFL could strike for 2,3,4 seasons consecutively and fans will come back regardless. The money will always be there. IMHO a lossed season, or even 2, will not have the ramifications, specifically long term, as MLB or NHL.

Bullgator
02-11-2011, 04:58 PM
It's a good letter, but the NFL will never be far enough removed from the fans to be irrelevant. Fans will come back, regardless, and in full force. The NFL could strike for 2,3,4 seasons consecutively and fans will come back regardless. The money will always be there. IMHO a lossed season, or even 2, will not have the ramifications, specifically long term, as MLB or NHL.

Untrue. The NFL may have a monopoly on Pro Football but even you would move on after a while. Its like quiting weed, you dont want to but when you do its like meh i guess i didnt need it... you could always watch college ball. Better than letting the NFL Tbag you and ignore the very reason it is rolling in the money.

TXBRONC
02-11-2011, 05:03 PM

If you're really serious that League could come back for striking 2,3, or 4 season wouldn't hurt the NFL I think you're mistaken. There is no way the League wouldn't serious damage if they strikes that often.

underrated29
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM

If they are locked out for 4 years, you could expect at least 8 years before they are even back to relevant.

I am a HUGE hockey fan, and it is just now finally starting to come back into play. Now hockey was never as big as football, but after 4 years, you can bet your a$$ that those fans will switch to either basketball or hockey or college. Probably all 3, and for those like me who hate basketball........4 years would cripple the sport.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-11-2011, 05:05 PM

I disagree. If the NFL screws around too much, it will just drive the majority of NFL fans to college football. Unlike other college sports (except the NCAA mens' B-ball tourney) no other college sport is anywhere near as popular as college football.

I'd be willing to bet most NFL fans would just get more in touch with their local NCAA football team and their interest in the NFL would wane just like the other sports.

I used to be a really big hockey fan, but since their lockout, I barely even watch anymore (especially because no TV network other than VS shows their games anymore. I think the popularity of the NFL would take a HUGE hit if they take a year off. The fans will find something else to watch, and for some (more than the NFL will like) it will stick, even when the NFL comes back. There are too many "casual" NFL fans our there (folks that buy single game tickets and watch games on TV but won't invest in season tickets or Sunday Ticket, or buy a lot of merchandise) that will be the ones that just don't come back at all.

Sure, for those of us on this board, we'll still be here, but how many "fans" do you know that still watch the games and own a hat or jersey or something but are nowhere near the fanatic you are? We all know people like that and those are the ones that are going to leave for good.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey! seriously why cant we do that? why can there be a fan union? with todays internet I think its possible to start up a site and have millions of fan sign a petition promising a boycot... the owners are represented and so are the players.. its about damn time that the fans had some reprisentation and ower. LOOK INTO IT!!! MAKE THE SITE AND ADVERTISE..

I would bet my life it would catch on like wildfire. Report the site to ESPN and other news agencies... you know they dont want a lockout cuz wtf would they blabber about during fb season.

@Carol.... I know you have the power to research this and see how viable it is to start something like this.. let us know!!!!!!!

Found this site - fan petition already started - it contains a petition letter to league and owners - http://www.nfllockout.com/

I started a new thread containing this info

TXBRONC
02-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I disagree. If the NFL screws around too much, it will just drive the majority of NFL fans to college football. Unlike other college sports (except the NCAA mens' B-ball tourney) no other college sport is anywhere near as popular as college football.

I'd be willing to bet most NFL fans would just get more in touch with their local NCAA football team and their interest in the NFL would wane just like the other sports.

I used to be a really big hockey fan, but since their lockout, I barely even watch anymore (especially because no TV network other than VS shows their games anymore. I think the popularity of the NFL would take a HUGE hit if they take a year off. The fans will find something else to watch, and for some (more than the NFL will like) it will stick, even when the NFL comes back. There are too many "casual" NFL fans our there (folks that buy single game tickets and watch games on TV but won't invest in season tickets or Sunday Ticket, or buy a lot of merchandise) that will be the ones that just don't come back at all.

Sure, for those of us on this board, we'll still be here, but how many "fans" do you know that still watch the games and own a hat or jersey or something but are nowhere near the fanatic you are? We all know people like that and those are the ones that are going to leave for good.

Both sides are idiots if they take the fans for granted.

Juriga72
02-11-2011, 05:30 PM
The players will be back to the negotiating table as soon as that first months child support payment comes out of the account.....

Do you really think Cromartie will be able to send all 7 checks out without a game check to cover the cost?....

BTW..... I would NOT ask GEM that question without first cyber-covering my testicles

Bullgator
02-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Found this site - fan petition already started - it contains a petition letter to league and owners - http://www.nfllockout.com/

awsome job promote this everywhere you can guys

Bronco Bible
02-11-2011, 05:46 PM

signed

BroncoJoe
02-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Not trying to be a jerk, but you all can write all the letters and emails to your hearts desire.

Won't make a bit of difference. It'll be resolved when both parties are ready.

The NFL will survive.

BroncoJoe
02-11-2011, 05:47 PM

As I posted in another thread, that has been put out by the NFLPA. Not exactly objective, nor by the "fans".

Buff
02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
GEM, we should probably do lunch soon since I'm back in town.

Also, while I didn't read what you wrote, I agree whole heartedly.

JaxBroncoGirl
02-11-2011, 09:22 PM

Silk, I hope you are wrong. I can see me watching the Replacement Players and hoping the guys would do well. If they do strike, I will personally not be the same. I mean, once football is over, I feel like my life is not right until August comes around again. I mean without football what would the average southern girl do during the season? Do not insert anything in that statement, LOL.

I will never forget it if they do go on strike, much like baseball never really came back after they had their strike. Just would not be the same. I need a drink just thinking about it. :beer:

Medford Bronco
02-11-2011, 09:26 PM
The players will be back to the negotiating table as soon as that first months child support payment comes out of the account.....

Do you really think Cromartie will be able to send all 7 checks out without a game check to cover the cost?....

BTW..... I would NOT ask GEM that question without first cyber-covering my testicles

You mean it the Cromartie rule :lol: they need to pay for their kids all over the place.

Benetto
02-11-2011, 11:06 PM
**********Censored**********

Your greed and selfishness is causing the world to miss the 2011 NFL season. I hope you ****** enjoy your unpaid year. More time to go buy Escalades, big screens, and pop more pain killers...Oh yeah, also your frequent 10,000.00 a night, club hopping...And don't forget to drive home drunk.

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2011, 02:31 AM
College football is flawed in that there are no true playoffs. That alone puts it into the backburner of a lot of people who love football. I love college football, but the fact that every year a team can go undefeated and not even have the opportunity to compete for a NC is laughable.

Hockey just isn't as popular as football, and neither are any of the other sports.

I think NFL is just a different breed. It is so popular. It's by far the most popular sport in the US. There isn't any sport that even compares to it. TV makes it better. Every game meaning something makes it awesome. The environement away from the actual games (tailgating, NFL ticket, etc..) are uncomparable. NFL would lose money for obvious reasons if they go on strike, even for 2-3 years, but when it comes back people will be out in full force waiting.

Hell, if it was out for 4 years people would come watch just to see what it would be like again. It has no competitors in the fall, and it's marketable beyond thought.

Just my opinion, but NFL is the one sport where a lockout is only going to drive people more crazy, and they will be right there waiting for when it come back. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I would sure bet on people waiting on its doorstep.

Juriga72
02-12-2011, 09:15 AM
A huge group of us went out last night and after many beers... we came up with a solution to this stupid lockout....

1. 49.5/49.5 revenue split for owners/NFLPA... The other 1 % goes into a fund for those vet's for long term health care, head injury research..... long term wealth management. Thats 60 million/year going into one fund.

1a- ALL players receive a stipend for the yearly expenses, with the remaining monies being put into long term investments- Average career is like 3.5 years now, make the money last dumb-ass. BTW... all endorsement monies are separate from this agreement, so get ready for Peyton Manning to hawk everything he can.. oh wait.

2. ALL contracts are based upon set player position payments WITH bonuses and penalties.
Wideout drops a pass??? Dock him a grand from his game check, Running back gains 100 yards? HE AND his O-line get a bonus. QB sacked??? Who gave up the sack is docked.

Lose say..three games in a row? Sorry.... Charlie we take some money from you.
SHOULD Randy Moss really make 15 million for catching 42 passes and 3 td's for the Raiders....? Because its pay for play... Players will still be able to make a ton of money, they just have to earn it. Overall lower salary for each and every team.

3. Reduce ticket prices!!!! The last TV contract ESPN signed in 2006 was for 8.8 BILLION dollars...and they just signed IIRC a 10 year add on for 2 B each.. HOW come a family has to pay 2,200/year for 4, section 542 tickets? plus everything else?

ANYONE want to tell me that we couldn't find a ton of people who wouldn't take this deal? THREATEN the NFL, NFLPA with this and I bet we get this little "Dispute" settled in about one day.

Krugan
02-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I started last season not purchasing and gear at all.

Granted its only $200-300 yearly, its a small drop in a overfull bucket.

Ive also turned down several tickets.

we cancelled our yearly trip to invesco to buy stuff, and my 8 year old is just discovering he likes football, and I wont buy him a jersey. Not just because of the idea of supporting what I am losing faith in, but the odds of player in that jersey wont be here for long are becoming far to great.

This is just me, but im done buying until there is player stability(jerseys) or these people figure out that its becoming an elitist sport. Bring back the everyday guy.

Bronco Bible
02-13-2011, 10:36 AM
College football is flawed in that there are no true playoffs.

If there is a lock-out...........watch how fast the NCAA changes that situation

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey! seriously why cant we do that? why can there be a fan union? with todays internet I think its possible to start up a site and have millions of fan sign a petition promising a boycot... the owners are represented and so are the players..

Because people are sheep and people are stupid. As Sports Dome said, "This just in. Ben Roethlisberger is 1 win away from being a decent human being." People "pretend" to be outraged and then even if the NFL does take a year off, stadiums will still be full in 2012. It's just the way it is.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-13-2011, 10:59 AM
If there is a lock-out...........watch how fast the NCAA changes that situation

The NCAA's decision making has zero to do w/ the NFL and everything to do w/ their archaic, yet lucrative bowl system...not just the BCS.

Schnauzers
02-13-2011, 03:02 PM
The NCAA's decision making has zero to do w/ the NFL and everything to do w/ their archaic, yet lucrative bowl system...not just the BCS.

Agree. There is too much money involved in all the bowl games. Because of this, I don't think there will ever be any playoffs in NCAA footbal.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2011, 09:34 PM
When is a proposal not a proposal? When the NFL and the NFL Players Association are involved.

According to sources familiar with the talks, last week's negotiations between the NFLPA and the NFL broke off when the union characterized their documents as an "illustration" that the NFL believed represented a proposal for revenue sharing between owners and players.

When the NFLPA characterized documents labeled "NFLPA Proposal" as something other than a collective bargaining proposal, the NFL ended the session, a source familiar with the talks said. League representatives then met outside the room, and returned only to abort the negotiations -- without immediately rescheduling any talks, the source added.

full article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6119630&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Lonestar
02-13-2011, 10:39 PM
Sure they are billionaires. But for the most part it was not the NFL that made them that way.

IIRC each owner bought their franchise with money they made on other businesses.

Or borrowed money against their businesses to buy the franchise.

Nor sure how many of you have owned a business that you started with your own money.

If you have you have a totally different POV, about those greedy SOBs. IMO.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

PAINTERDAVE
02-14-2011, 02:01 AM
I started last season not purchasing and gear at all.

Granted its only $200-300 yearly, its a small drop in a overfull bucket.

Ive also turned down several tickets.

we cancelled our yearly trip to invesco to buy stuff, and my 8 year old is just discovering he likes football, and I wont buy him a jersey. Not just because of the idea of supporting what I am losing faith in, but the odds of player in that jersey wont be here for long are becoming far to great.

This is just me, but im done buying until there is player stability(jerseys) or these people figure out that its becoming an elitist sport. Bring back the everyday guy.

Drop by a thrift store...
get your kid a Terrell Davis jersey hangin on a rack for 8 bucks...
or a Gradishar. Or whatever is available.
(There are a TON of Cutler jereys in every thrift store in town...
but I know you wont get him one of those...LOL)

Classic.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I don't see an end to this coming any time soon. Not with the way it appears to be going. These guys can't even treat each other civilly. It's like there are a bunch of 4 year old calling the shots out there...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-richardsonmanning021311

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 03:55 PM
One of the player reps was on the radio today going.....

"I have a 5 month old son... and MY insurance runs out on March 4Th...... Think about that"....

Boo-freaking- Hoo for you....... How bout you go BUY some insurance instead of that new 5 carat earring set.

He's talking about the players "Having to take a 18% pay cut!!!!" I have had to take a 30% PAYCUT for the last 3 years, and my insurance rates went from 202.00/ month to 780.00/month for MY family.

BeefStew25
02-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Unions kill good industries.

Rex
02-14-2011, 04:04 PM

GM is going to pay 4K in profit sharing to 45K hourly workers.

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 05:00 PM

Really??? Which ones have they killed?

Airlines?- NOPE having CEO's get paid 30 million a year for cutting "Safety inspections" and outsourcing mechanics?

Steel?- Nope... Having the US government pay to help re-build the Japanese steel industry, THEN allow the Chinese Steel to be imported at less than cost?

Auto?- Nope.. making really bad cars did that...

HOW bout Home building? Nope... having a illegal alien work force build your house is pretty nice... JUST ask those homeowners who own KB homes.

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM

They are also going to pay its CEO 9 million this year for his "1.00/year" job...

Oh and they are bringing back its former ( The guy who ran them INTO the ground) CEO for a "Sum" of 59,090/ A FREAKING MONTH..... for his "20 hours each month of Consulting".....

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2010/02/gm_ceo_whitacre_receives_9_mil.html

Yeah..... Those pesky "over paid union guys" are KILLING companies

BeefStew25
02-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Lol. Texas and South Carolina and Tenn hope you keep believeing that.

GEM
02-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Shouldn't they pay back the gvmt first?

Lonestar
02-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Because people are sheep and people are stupid. As Sports Dome said, "This just in. Ben Roethlisberger is 1 win away from being a decent human being." People "pretend" to be outraged and then even if the NFL does take a year off, stadiums will still be full in 2012. It's just the way it is.

Maybe not just fanatics bit addicts could be a better word for a lot of NFL fans.

Not all but lots. It would probably weed out the wine and cheese crowd. And allow "real" people to get season tickets again.

Good post btw.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
02-14-2011, 07:51 PM
The NFL confirmed that it filed an unfair labor practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board against the NFL Players Association on Monday.

The charge states that the players' union has failed to bargain in good faith as a result of its strategy to "disclaim interest" (or "decertify") and file antitrust litigation against the NFL following expiration of the collective bargaining agreement March 3.

The NLRB is an independent federal agency, based in Washington D.C., that enforces the nation's labor laws and referees labor-management disputes.

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e4de6d/article/nfl-says-players-union-is-surface-bargaining-so-it-can-file-suit?module=HP_headlines

Juriga72
02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Shouldn't they pay back the gvmt first?

GM has paid about half of its money back. Of course NOW that GM is profitable, and hundreds of thousands of jobs have been saved....lol

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/18/business/18auto.html

BeefStew25
02-14-2011, 09:59 PM
We will still be stuck with the pensions.

rationalfan
02-14-2011, 10:13 PM
To the NFL and The Players Union, from a fan

Dear Greedy ********,

Thank you for many years of enjoyment of your product. Your product has given me many years of joy, a few years of pain and helped build back a broken relationship with my dad. It is amazing how instrumental the game of football is in my life, so for that thank you.

I would like to take a moment to give you my opinion on the CBA negotiations, not that it matters a whole lot, but I feel better knowing you see the fan's side of this.

For years now, I have spent nearly every Sunday afternoon watching your broadcasts either on tv or live. I also spend Monday nights and sometimes Thursday evenings enjoying a great NFL game (except when you put the Lions vs. the Browns on national tv). I spend a substantial amount of my hard earned money on memorabilia, jerseys, shirts, pajamas, etc (yes the list is long). I also manage a couple of bars that spend a significant amount of cash yearly provided Sunday Ticket to your fans so that they can enjoy a Steelers game in Denver or a Giants game in Arvada.

In essence, these examples are just small things in the big picture. When you multiply that by the millions that love your product, you are some rich sons of bitches! Your pie as you call it, is huge. It's over flowing, I mean your oven is an absolute mess! And here we are, the little guy, who loves your product, here we are looking at no football next year. Do you know the ramifications of this is? Do you know the homicide numbers in large cities will rise because we won't be able to get our aggression out throwing a bowl of chips at the tv because a player dropped a sure TD? Do you know that the country is in a recession and the depression levels of your average American is at a high rate? And with no football, oh boy...this coming winter is going to be brutal.

So while you all strike and lock out to grab a bigger piece of your overflowing pie, take just a moment to remember who gave you such a nice ******* pie. It was us...the little guy. Without us buying your merchandise, paying out the ass for nose bleeder seats, paying $10 for a lousy warm beer and $20 for a parking space a mile from the stadium, without us you wouldn't have a product that is worth what it is today.

So you might want to rethink pissing us off.....because in the end, we could decide to strike and lock you out....and then where will you be.

Please don't take the time to respond, just get your greedy asses back in that freaking meeting room, sit down for 50 hours straight and put the players on the field and let's get this shit going.

Respectfully,

One Pissed Off Fan

I posted this in the Other NFL section in a thread, but I should have just started a new thread.

yeah, i'm way late to this thread. nice venting session. please don't send this letter to anyone that matters. it will make you appear as dumb as they are.

jhildebrand
02-14-2011, 11:57 PM
i hope people are serious about cutting off the cash. . . .

I cut off the cash from Mr. Bowlen when McDaniels was hired! Cash to these owners is like heroin to a junkie.

My wallet remains sealed until the games return AND Orton is not listed as the starter.

Juriga72
02-15-2011, 12:00 AM
I sure dont want to pay 400.00 to watch Kyle fall into another fetal ball..... I can do that from my home, drinking MY beer..... eating my food

dogfish
02-15-2011, 12:33 AM
yeah, i'm way late to this thread. nice venting session. please don't send this letter to anyone that matters. it will make you appear as dumb as they are.

do you ever have an original thought, or do you just come here to make shitty comments on other people's posts?

just askin'. . . .

GEM
02-15-2011, 01:29 AM
He must get the word rational mixed up with demeaning and arrogant.

sneakers
02-15-2011, 04:38 AM
Dearest GEM,

They don't care.

Love you always and forever xoxoxox,
sneakers

rationalfan
02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
do you ever have an original thought, or do you just come here to make shitty comments on other people's posts?

both.

rationalfan
02-15-2011, 11:09 AM
He must get the word rational mixed up with demeaning and arrogant.

those terms can go together quite well.

Thnikkaman
02-15-2011, 11:55 AM

And you know all about stupid from experience right?

GEM
02-15-2011, 12:35 PM
those terms can go together quite well.

So break it out for me. Repost that in your own smartest terms. I'd like to see what you have, brainiac. Until you are ready to either point out flaws, name your own opinion on the matter or add in smarty pants bullet points, you are trolling. Unfortunately, you got more reaction than you deserved. Feed the ego of a troll and you've lost the battle.

KCL
02-15-2011, 12:48 PM

just askin'. . . .

You just described someone else who also does the same thing here....hmmm...imagine that.

not talking about you...:lol:

Bullgator
02-15-2011, 12:54 PM
The letter was a much nicer version than I would have used, and I would have destroyed the troll with personal attacks until he wrapped curtain strings around his neck and jumped off the couch... (Don't do that rationalfan that would only open the curtains only adding to your epic fail list)

rationalfan
02-15-2011, 02:07 PM
So break it out for me. Repost that in your own smartest terms. I'd like to see what you have, brainiac. Until you are ready to either point out flaws, name your own opinion on the matter or add in smarty pants bullet points, you are trolling. Unfortunately, you got more reaction than you deserved. Feed the ego of a troll and you've lost the battle.

sorry. don't have time. and it's not about the appearance of intelligence.

i can sympathize with your perspective. i've been on both sides of these types of arguments/negotiations/criticisms. in almost every circumstance the first draft of whatever i wrote was the least effective because it was littered with emotional bias.

you can do what you want - as can i or anyone on this board. i just think trying to appeal to football executives and athletes with a tone that suggests you're angry, ignorant and unsympathetic to their causes won't sway anyone's mindset.

or, let's put this this way: your letter will appeal to your fellow fans, but it won't appeal to the people you really want to read the letter; and for it to be most effective, that's what you want.

Thnikkaman
02-15-2011, 03:08 PM
You just described someone else who also does the same thing here....hmmm...imagine that.

not talking about you...:lol:

You calling me out? :listen:

KCL
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
You calling me out? :listen:

Shit..you caught me...:shocked:

GEM
02-15-2011, 03:47 PM
sorry. don't have time. and it's not about the appearance of intelligence.

i can sympathize with your perspective. i've been on both sides of these types of arguments/negotiations/criticisms. in almost every circumstance the first draft of whatever i wrote was the least effective because it was littered with emotional bias.

you can do what you want - as can i or anyone on this board. i just think trying to appeal to football executives and athletes with a tone that suggests you're angry, ignorant and unsympathetic to their causes won't sway anyone's mindset.

or, let's put this this way: your letter will appeal to your fellow fans, but it won't appeal to the people you really want to read the letter; and for it to be most effective, that's what you want.

Figures. :rolleyes:

I don't expect that a simpleton letter from me is going to change the goings on at a major football operation. I wrote an angry letter to get feelings off my chest. It wasn't supposed to change the climate of the NFL.

It wouldn't sway their mindset if I had a Harvard graduate put together a well thought out letter with proper grammar and big words.

It was a simple letter written on a football message board displaying my personal feelings of anger at the situation.

rationalfan
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Figures. :rolleyes:

seriously? ugh.

Thnikkaman
02-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Shit..you caught me...:shocked:

Well <shitty comment on your post>

GEM
02-15-2011, 04:59 PM
seriously? ugh.

Well....when you say what you said and then get called on the floor to write it better, then come back that you don't have the time....well you sure had time to talk shit. ;)

zbeg
02-15-2011, 05:48 PM
A few years back, I went car shopping in the Seattle area, and went to Floyd Little's dealership. I called in advance and asked when he would be around, and if he would have time to speak with me for a few minutes.

Well, he spoke for more than a few minutes - he talked about football with me and my wife for a solid hour and a half. Very nice guy.

The thing that struck both me and my wife from that talk is when he told us this:

The average life expectancy for a male in the United States is about 75 years.
The average life expectancy for a former NFL player is 59 years.

And it's not like they just suddenly die - they have all sorts of health and chronic pain issues up until the point where they die.

I don't know how you value money, quality of life, but I wouldn't trade millions at the cost of dying 15 years sooner. No amount of money is worth that to me.

You know what? Let the players have their millions of dollars. They are cripping themselves and sustaining brain damage and dying early - just so we can have something to watch on Sundays. They are paying an enormous price.

MLB revenue in 1993, the last full season before the 1994 lockout: $1.87 billion
MLB revenue in 2010: $6.6 billion

NHL revenue in 2003, the last season before the lockout: $1.996 billion
NHL revenue in 2010-2011 season (projected): $2.9 billion

Seems like their stupidity didn't hurt them that much in the long-term.

rationalfan
02-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Well....when you say what you said and then get called on the floor to write it better, then come back that you don't have the time....well you sure had time to talk shit. ;)

big difference between taking the time to type out quick responses vs. a crafted letter. especially during the work day.

and being "called on the floor" means little to me. for instance; i'm calling you on the floor to jump to the moon wearing 1987 air jordans. if you don't do it i'll trash talk you and assume you're reinforcing the mental image i have of you.

does that do anything for you?