PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Under a new CBA, Panthers and Saints players might be on Broncos' radar

TXBRONC
02-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Q&A: Under a new CBA, Panthers and Saints players might be on Broncos' radar
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/11/2011 01:00:00 AM MST

Q: Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams' name is being bandied about as a possible Broncos signing. Are there any other pending Carolina free agents who could/would follow (John) Fox to Denver? Or New Orleans Saints defensive players?

A: Brendan, few people in the league know exactly what free agency will look like if/when there is a new collective bargaining agreement.

That said, linebacker Thomas Davis, cornerback Richard Marshall, quarterback Matt Moore and center Ryan Kalil would all be scheduled to be unrestricted free agents under the last CBA. Marshall signed a one-year deal after skipping offseason workouts before the 2010 season.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17354513

I would love to get Kalil but I doubt he will be available.

dogfish
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
i'm going to be really disappointed if we spend money on thomas davis, and very leery if we spend money on deangelo. . . both good players, but damn! can we for once not knowingly go out and sign guys with a bunch of injury problems? it's just stupid. . . this team can't even keep its young guys healthy, please don't bring in any more guys that we know in advance are gimpy!

i'm as big a fan of deangelo as anyone here, been a fan back to his college years. . . but the guy is just going to get hurt again, it WILL happen. . . can anyone else hear the sound of inevitability? we need to get rid of obvious gimps like buckhalter (with a close eye on harris, woodyard and larsen), not bring in more unreliable guys. . .

fer ****'s sake, isn't it enough that we had to have courtney brown and boss bailey? why not just see if lavarr arrington wants to come out of retirement and give us three games a year? injuries are indeed unavoidable in this game, but you can at least put yourself in the best possible position by not signing any players coming off IR, or you know-- drafting any players that are already hurt!

:rolleyes:

stop the madness now. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
02-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I'd like to have Roman Harper from the Saints. and Richard Marshall from the Panthers. We pull that off, we can focus on DL in the draft regardless of what happens with Champ.

SOCALORADO.
02-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I'd like to have Roman Harper from the Saints. and Richard Marshall from the Panthers. We pull that off, we can focus on DL in the draft regardless of what happens with Champ.

And!
RB DeAngelo Williams
SLB James Anderson

TXBRONC
02-11-2011, 04:13 PM
It's all just speculation anyway. Until a new CBA is in place we wont know who we have a shot as signing.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Say NO to Thomas Davis.

But Beason in 2012 is very intriguing...

SmilinAssasSin27
02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
And I actually prefer the OT from New Orleans if we use FA. Nobody on their D interests me.