PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal: A Vexing Question

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
My friend Tubby believes Eddie Royal is overrated and wants him off the team.

It really got me thinking, and it hurt.

My response was that Decker needs to go also, as Eddie's rookie year beat the pants off Deckers.

But he loves Decker. Probably because of the pale skin. :beer:

BigDaddyBronco
02-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Eddie is a good role player and as such is an asset. Tubby is hating Eddie since Rex loves him.

Buff
02-10-2011, 09:44 PM
He hasn't been healthy for a year and a half. No one denies his talent, but if he gets seriously hurt next year then he is officially a liability.

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I just don't get the hatred. I haven't heard this vitriol regarding Ayers.

BroncoNut
02-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Eddie will be fine. He's a great asset to the team

cuzz4169
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM

My response was that Decker needs to go also, as Eddie's rookie year beat the pants off Deckers.

Here's the age old question in sports...what have u done for me lately? I agree eddie is overrated but only by broncos fans bc know one else rates him very high. I think his cap # isn't that big so he will stay. Unless they get good trade value for him. I live in buffalo and the whole thing with royal makes me think of lee evens bills fans think he's a stud. Again lee what have u done for me lately 1 good yr doesn't make u a stud in the nfl maybe in the mlb.

Buff
02-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I just don't get the hatred. I haven't heard this vitriol regarding Ayers.

I love Eddie. He is $$. But a speed threat isn't a threat when they aren't healthy. He is tough and will play hurt, but a 75% Eddie Royal is like having David Kircus out there running routes.

He needs to have a bounce-back year, especially with DT nursing a torn achilles.

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Buff, can you promise me something?

Buff
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Go on...

Dreadnought
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
McDaniels has screwed Eddie Royal's career, I suspect due to Shanahan's connection. yes, I think he was that petty. So keep Eddie, keep Decker, dump Jabar Gaffney. He smells of Patriot.

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Go on...

You and Tubby may become BFF's in the coming months.

Pretend to convert to Dutch Reformed Christian in order for Tubby to like Eddie

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
McDaniels has screwed Eddie Royal's career, I suspect due to Shanahan's connection. yes, I think he was that petty. So keep Eddie, keep Decker, dump Jabar Gaffney. He smells of Patriot.

The stats agree with you.

cuzz4169
02-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Royal is another WR we reached on instead of taking the better player desean jackson.

PAINTERDAVE
02-10-2011, 10:28 PM
With DT hurt... look for EVERY wideout we've got to make the squad.
No wiggle room now. No talk of trading Jabar.
We will need 'em all.

Royal
Lloyd
Decker
Gaffney
Willis (off IR now)

Thomas on IR

Not as long a list as we had yesterday

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Just watch what happens with Desean.

Dreadnought
02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Eddie is a good role player and as such is an asset. Tubby is hating Eddie since Rex loves him.

Didn't he put a lot of stock in Travis Henry, too?

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Didn't he put a lot of stock in Travis Henry, too?

Man i want to open mouth kiss you right now.

BroncoNut
02-10-2011, 10:43 PM

I remember when you used to say that to me. always at the perfect time. ah, well, nevermind. Forget I even mentioned it.

Montana Battlin Bear
02-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't go that far to say that Thomas will be on IR

Buff
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
You and Tubby may become BFF's in the coming months.

Pretend to convert to Dutch Reformed Christian in order for Tubby to like Eddie

I would like to see what goes on at his Dutch sausage boils.

Dreadnought
02-10-2011, 10:48 PM

My wife had a Hungarian uncle who aways gave me that Euro-kiss on the cheeks thing when we met. It was awkward - but I gave him a pass. He escaped Hungary during the '56 Revolution against the Communists, chunked stuff at Soviet tanks, dodged commie machinegun fire at the Austrian border, so I figured he earned the right.

Thats as far as I'd ever go along that line, Beef. As for Travis Henry, thats the kind of thing will stick to a man. Its not just a run of the mill ordinary misjudgement

BroncoNut
02-10-2011, 10:51 PM
My wife had a Hungarian uncle who aways gave me that Euro-kiss on the cheeks thing when we met. It was awkward - but I gave him a pass. He escaped Hungary during the '56 Revolution against the Communists, chunked stuff at Soviet tanks, dodged commie machinegun fire at the Austrian border, so I figured he earned the right.

Thats as far as I'd ever go along that line, Beef. As for Travis Henry, thats the kind of thing will stick to a man. Its not just a run of the mill ordinary misjudgement

don't try to change the subject to military history like you always do dread. Beef wants to rub tongues with you. What do you think about that?

Dreadnought
02-10-2011, 10:55 PM
don't try to change the subject to military history like you always do dread. Beef wants to rub tongues with you. What do you think about that?

I gave him my answer, Nut. Tactfully and tastefully I might add. I essentially told him I had no interest in his homoerotic action, but I tried to do it in a way that left his feelings intact.

BroncoNut
02-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I gave him my answer, Nut. Tactfully and tastefully I might add. I essentially told him I had no interest in his homoerotic action, but I tried to do it in a way that left his feelings intact.

I don't think you are sexually complete Dread. Quite frankly, I might add.

PAINTERDAVE
02-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't go that far to say that Thomas will be on IR

6 to 8 months... and that is the best case scenario.

if he needs the 8 months that puts us into...

Late Sept/Oct....

will they hold a position open for him that long?
Will he be in game shape?
Will that be rushing it?

I hear this injury is the worst...
Lendale will be showing us what a guy can do in recovery from an Achilles.

cuzz4169
02-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Just watch what happens with Desean.

What he will catch another 80yd td pass? We could've had him and dez. But prolly wouldn't have spent that pick on thomas if we had jackson.

Montana Battlin Bear
02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I would think they would hold the position for him since he was our number one pick. Even if he doesn't come back until the later part of the season. And Thomas is in a little better shape than Lendale. I will be very surprised if Lendale didn't put on 40 pounds this offseason haha

PAINTERDAVE
02-10-2011, 11:12 PM
I would think they would hold the position for him since he was our number one pick. Even if he doesn't come back until the later part of the season. And Thomas is in a little better shape than Lendale. I will be very surprised if Lendale didn't put on 40 pounds this offseason haha

It's White's LAST CHANCE in the NFL.

If he comes back out of shape and fat...
it would be a surprise.
You would think a guy who has seen the writing on the wall...
youd think he will give it his best shot.

We'll see.

Montana Battlin Bear
02-10-2011, 11:15 PM
I agree, I think he realizes this could be his last chance. I was just joking. But with that said I would think Demaryius would have a very good chance of rebounding from this from everything I've read and heard about him he is very into his workouts and rehab.

Something just isn't working right now. Feel bad for the kid.

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 11:26 PM
What he will catch another 80yd td pass? We could've had him and dez. But prolly wouldn't have spent that pick on thomas if we had jackson.

Just watch.

Thnikkaman
02-10-2011, 11:33 PM
I think Tubby needs to do some soul searching and be thankful that Royal has two healthy Alkalies tendons.

BeefStew25
02-10-2011, 11:34 PM
I think Tubby needs to do some soul searching and be thankful that Royal has two healthy Alkalies tendons.

Thank you tinker.

BroncoNut
02-11-2011, 12:02 AM
I think ER could be really good if he just believes in himself

Thnikkaman
02-11-2011, 12:39 AM
I think ER could be really good if he just believes in himself

The best advice you can give, is the advice you give yourself.

Dzone
02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Decker will be very rare, a big white great wide receiver..who cares about d thomas..he was not genetically designed to play tackle football. We screwed up big time by drafting him. Stupid to draft a guy with a broken foot. duh...Hopefully Fox doesnt draft guys with broken feet

Northman
02-11-2011, 04:30 AM
Yep, its the offseason.

Bosco
02-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Your friend Tubby sounds like an idiot. Granted the last two years haven't lived up to his very good rookie season, but Eddie is a good kid and a hard worker who is reasonably productive when healthy, has value as a return man and is cheap. Wanting to actively remove him from the roster is, to be blunt, stupid.

Buff
02-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Your friend Tubby sounds like an idiot.

You better watch your mouth.

BroncoNut
02-11-2011, 10:00 AM
No, keep it up Bosco, that's great stuff. Friendship request on the way

Thnikkaman
02-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Your friend Tubby sounds like an idiot. Granted the last two years haven't lived up to his very good rookie season, but Eddie is a good kid and a hard worker who is reasonably productive when healthy, has value as a return man and is cheap. Wanting to actively remove him from the roster is, to be blunt, stupid.

Beware the wrath of the horsemen.

BroncoNut
02-11-2011, 12:54 PM
No Bosco. do it., keep it up. I'll ride with you. it'll be fun

muse
02-11-2011, 02:56 PM

It's better than having two acid tendons.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

topscribe
02-11-2011, 02:59 PM

Eddie refused to give Tubby his phone number.

Just try to get it: You'll end up hating him, too . . .

-----

topscribe
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
You better watch your mouth.

Last time someone told me that, I stood in front of a mirror for a day and a half.

Never could figure that one out . . .

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Eddie Royal = Peyton Hillis = Mike Leach. He was never a McDaniels guy and no matter how badly McDaniels said he'd try to get him involved in the offense, he just never did. His talent was pretty much wasted because he was never really targeted except as a 3rd or 4th option in the offense.

Orton had his favorite guy in Marshall in '09 and Lloyd last year. The numbers betweeen Orton's primary WR and everyone else is huge and has been for 2 years. If you don't get looks, you don't get stats.

Everyone knows what Royal can do, especially when he's part of a good tandem. I think he's extremely talented, but I don't think he's been more than a 3rd/4th WR and PR/KR the last 2 years.

Honestly though, I think Fox is going to bring back the running game in a big way this year and no WR on the roster will have a huge year. Lloyd won't be getting 1400+ yards again. I'd like to see Eddie be here long term and be worked back into the offense as guys like Jabar Gaffney and eventually Lloyd move on.

TXBRONC
02-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Eddie Royal = Peyton Hillis = Mike Leach. He was never a McDaniels guy and no matter how badly McDaniels said he'd try to get him involved in the offense, he just never did. His talent was pretty much wasted because he was never really targeted except as a 3rd or 4th option in the offense.

Orton had his favorite guy in Marshall in '09 and Lloyd last year. The numbers betweeen Orton's primary WR and everyone else is huge and has been for 2 years. If you don't get looks, you don't get stats.

Everyone knows what Royal can do, especially when he's part of a good tandem. I think he's extremely talented, but I don't think he's been more than a 3rd/4th WR and PR/KR the last 2 years.

Honestly though, I think Fox is going to bring back the running game in a big way this year and no WR on the roster will have a huge year. Lloyd won't be getting 1400+ yards again. I'd like to see Eddie be here long term and be worked back into the offense as guys like Jabar Gaffney and eventually Lloyd move on.

The under utilization is probably more on Orton than McDaniels athough McDaniels play calling left a lot to be desired as well.

tubby
02-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Eddie Royal has been nothing more than an average punt returner. I just don't understand the love this guy gets. Fans chant EDDIE at the stadium, just because this over rated hack happens to share the same first name as Eddie Mac. It is embarrassing. Totally over rated by Denver fans. No one else around the league even knows who he is. And his taco bell commercials are ghey. Blame McD if you want. Maybe it was his fault thinking Eddie could play in the slot. I mean obviously an option route was too much to ask. But he is a nice guy. Who cares if he can find a way to fumble twice on the same play. blah

Eric Decker played very well last year when given the opportunity. Size, decent speed, and great hands. Just watch. Open your arms and get ready to fall in love. This guy is going to be good.

tubby
02-12-2011, 12:43 AM

Well....... kill the fatted calf! We have a cheap, average, punt returner. Good thing we locked that up with a 2nd round pick.

Northman
02-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Eddie Royal has been nothing more than an average punt returner. I just don't understand the love this guy gets. Fans chant EDDIE at the stadium, just because this over rated hack happens to share the same first name as Eddie Mac. It is embarrassing. Totally over rated by Denver fans. No one else around the league even knows who he is. And his taco bell commercials are ghey. Blame McD if you want. Maybe it was his fault thinking Eddie could play in the slot. I mean obviously an option route was too much to ask. But he is a nice guy. Who cares if he can find a way to fumble twice on the same play. blah

Eric Decker played very well last year when given the opportunity. Size, decent speed, and great hands. Just watch. Open your arms and get ready to fall in love. This guy is going to be good.

I think Decker will be very good too but Royal i think would be just as good. I mean Tubs, your talking about stupid commercials which has nothing to do with his play on the field. Did you forget about his play in 08' already? And what about his return skills he showed in 09'? Im sure the jury is still somewhat out on him but i think we've seen enough of Royal to keep him around as long as we can utilize him like he should be.

BeefStew25
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't like him because of his commercials.

:sogay:

Superchop 7
02-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Look....you all know I like Eddie.

But....his route running has been horrible. On certain routes I can attribute it to injury.....but.....when your job is to find the soft spot in the zone.....and you keep drifting into coverage......thats horrible.

He needs some serious coaching.

Dzone
02-13-2011, 02:29 PM
How about Plaxico Burress? Is that too much controversy?