PDA

View Full Version : Brett Kern,Jersey #1

Tebow4Ever
09-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I was just thinking today that Jason Elam always wore number 1 in Denver as he is now in Atlanta. It was "His" Number. I am actually surprised that Kern is wearing it this year. Despite how Elam left Denver I would have thought they would have kept it from being worn for a while. Do you think Bowlen and Shanny look to retire it after this year or in the near future? Also, I think he is a lock for it. But does he get added to the Ring Of Fame at Invesco?

NameUsedBefore
09-26-2008, 01:05 AM
I don't mind.

Not like we're seeing much of him anyway :D

Tebow4Ever
09-26-2008, 01:07 AM
I don't mind.

Not like we're seeing much of him anyway :D

LOL, Right! I was just curious. I dont mind at all that he's being paid to sit on the sidelines. Just odd considering how much Elam DID do while he was here in Denver for them not to think much about reissuing the number the next season.

shank
09-26-2008, 02:30 AM
i hope elam gets a spot in the ROF

Davii
09-26-2008, 03:13 AM
I was just thinking today that Jason Elam always wore number 1 in Denver as he is now in Atlanta. It was "His" Number. I am actually surprised that Kern is wearing it this year. Despite how Elam left Denver I would have thought they would have kept it from being worn for a while. Do you think Bowlen and Shanny look to retire it after this year or in the near future? Also, I think he is a lock for it. But does he get added to the Ring Of Fame at Invesco?

He'll make the ring of fame eventually, but his number won't be retired. Isn't John the only one to ever have his number retired?

BroncoJoe
09-26-2008, 07:51 AM
He'll make the ring of fame eventually, but his number won't be retired. Isn't John the only one to ever have his number retired?

nope - Floyd Little's #44 and Frank Tripucka #18 are retired also.

JONtheBRONCO
09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Elam will always be a Bronco. But he decided to move on, and so did we. Kern is doing one hell of a job. I don't mind it.

SarahKay
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I was sad to see Elam go. I hope he gets in the ROF as well.

I too was suprised that they let that jersey be worn so quickly.

How is Elam doing in ATL right now? Yeah I live here but I don't keep up with the dirty birds often. haha

topscribe
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Nah. How Elam left is exactly what immediately released his number, IMO. Not
that I resent him for going for more money, but his action cut him off from the
team and ended all obligations of loyalty from either side. He is history. He is
not a Bronco. I'm a fan of Prater's now. So is the team.

-----

hamrob
09-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah...screw Elam. After 15 yrs...a few million dollars meant more to him that the team he was with his entire career. Have fun in hot-lanta Jason! See you down the road.

Having said that...he's definitely ROF caliber and maybe even HOF caliber.

BCJ
09-26-2008, 02:00 PM
He went to play for his home team so if that is what he wanted to do, then by all means enjoy the crap of Atlanta. Shannon Sharpe is going into the HOF and his 88 is being worn so dont put too much into it.

topscribe
09-26-2008, 02:05 PM
he went to play for his home team so if that is what he wanted to do, then by all means enjoy the crap of atlanta. Shannon sharpe is going into the hof and his 88 is being worn so dont put too much into it.

-----

omac
09-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I was sad to see Elam go. I hope he gets in the ROF as well.

I too was suprised that they let that jersey be worn so quickly.

How is Elam doing in ATL right now? Yeah I live here but I don't keep up with the dirty birds often. haha

Well according to the yahoo stats, he's been perfect so far. Hope he continues to do well.

BCJ
09-26-2008, 03:19 PM

-----

I am going much older school. #88 was his first number if i recall. But the point is that numbers have been recycled pretty quick except #7. Simon Fletcher had to watch that stiff and druggie Cyrus Brown take his #73.

BroncoJoe
09-26-2008, 03:21 PM
I am going much older school. #88 was his first number if i recall. But the point is that numbers have been recycled pretty quick except #7. Simon Fletcher had to watch that stiff and druggie Cyrus Brown take his #73.

I thought his original number was 81.

BroncoJoe
09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Well according to the yahoo stats, he's been perfect so far. Hope he continues to do well.

Yep. Six for six, including a 50 yarder (9 for 9 XP).

Must be nice kicking indoors! Same situation as Vinatieri had.