PDA

View Full Version : Broncos preparing employees for NFL lockout

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2011, 11:39 PM
I first heard about this on the fan - DMac and Stink were talking about it, and said that the Chiefs, Ravens and Jets have already laid off people. So far, the Broncos have not. But I found the following within the article interesting. I don't know if this is just Klis' thought, or if he knows something:

Broncos' football operations boss John Elway and general manager Brian Xanders would not be able to trade quarterback Kyle Orton, or work on a new contract for unrestricted free agent Champ Bailey.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17343236

silkamilkamonico
02-10-2011, 12:45 AM
...it is coming...

sneakers
02-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Sweet! If they never sign a new CBA, that means Champ Bailey is ours forever!!!!

PAINTERDAVE
02-10-2011, 01:54 AM
One could say it is gonna be all about who blinks first...
but I dont see it that way.

The owners are playing hardball...
they hold all the cards...
and the players will have to compromise.

The question is...
how close to the wall are the players gonna go?

Krugan
02-10-2011, 09:53 AM
At this point im becoming very unconcerned about what these people do.

its become a overpriced underwhelming entertainment, the more the prices rise and the salaries become unrealistic.

Baseball is worse of course, as the big market can buy the best players out there. doesnt always work, but its out of hand.

Through all of this, the only people who get screwed are us little guys that spend hours and hours weekly debating what we hope will bring the next championship to our teams. Sitting in our homes paying for a NFL package from teh NFL network that charges up the wazzooooo for it. Buying tickets that have become so over pirced the average family has to choose a game over a vacation. Or just trying to watch a game on network TV, and 3 a sunday is all. Then you better have cable to catch the 4th.

Its all about the dollar, and honestly I hope it comes back and bites them all in the collective overpayed asses.

Make this sport about the fans again, the little guy who invests time and hard earned little dollars. without us, the game doesnt matter anymore.

vettesplus
02-10-2011, 10:03 AM
at this point im becoming very unconcerned about what these people do.

Its become a overpriced underwhelming entertainment, the more the prices rise and the salaries become unrealistic.

Baseball is worse of course, as the big market can buy the best players out there. Doesnt always work, but its out of hand.

Through all of this, the only people who get screwed are us little guys that spend hours and hours weekly debating what we hope will bring the next championship to our teams. Sitting in our homes paying for a nfl package from teh nfl network that charges up the wazzooooo for it. Buying tickets that have become so over pirced the average family has to choose a game over a vacation. Or just trying to watch a game on network tv, and 3 a sunday is all. Then you better have cable to catch the 4th.

Its all about the dollar, and honestly i hope it comes back and bites them all in the collective overpayed asses.

Make this sport about the fans again, the little guy who invests time and hard earned little dollars. Without us, the game doesnt matter anymore.

very well said.....I sold my 4 season tickets and rights in 07, i asked the broncos to at least send me a jar of vasoline with my tickets, they declined.:laugh:

Nomad
02-10-2011, 10:30 AM
At this point im becoming very unconcerned about what these people do.

its become a overpriced underwhelming entertainment, the more the prices rise and the salaries become unrealistic.

Baseball is worse of course, as the big market can buy the best players out there. doesnt always work, but its out of hand.

Through all of this, the only people who get screwed are us little guys that spend hours and hours weekly debating what we hope will bring the next championship to our teams. Sitting in our homes paying for a NFL package from teh NFL network that charges up the wazzooooo for it. Buying tickets that have become so over pirced the average family has to choose a game over a vacation. Or just trying to watch a game on network TV, and 3 a sunday is all. Then you better have cable to catch the 4th.

Its all about the dollar, and honestly I hope it comes back and bites them all in the collective overpayed asses.

Make this sport about the fans again, the little guy who invests time and hard earned little dollars. without us, the game doesnt matter anymore.

I do feel for the employees of these organizations getting laid off in this economy, but as far as the coaches, FO executives, players, agents......nah!!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Isn't this just GREAT - yeah, sure appears the two sides want to get this thing settled - NOT :tsk:

NFL owners walked away from the negotiating table Wednesday when the NFL Players Association proposed to take an average of 50 percent of all revenue generated by the league, according to player sources.

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith briefed club player representatives in a conference call on Wednesday night, detailing his version of the abbreviated session that fell far short of the seven hours that was scheduled between the two sides in an effort to reach a new collective bargaining agreement before it expires at midnight March 4.

Consequently, a five-hour second negotiating session scheduled for Thursday was canceled and no further meetings have been proposed.

full article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6107737

T.K.O.
02-10-2011, 11:23 AM
got to have a public pissing match to prove they are serious......soon the reality and greed will kick in, and they will sort it out.
i dont see guys who are living on 3-12 mil a year suddenly being willing to live on 200 K...the players will posture then cave !
the avg career in the nfl is what ? 3-4 years ? a 1 season lockout could potentially mean that many players are giving up 25% of their expected nfl earnings....i just dont see it happening:salute:

atwater27
02-10-2011, 11:30 AM
The way these punks are acting, I hope there is a lockout and we lose a whole season. Thes bitches need a reality check; you know, the kind of reality check we the people are already feeling.