PDA

View Full Version : Cutler ranked # 1 QB in NFL

MileHighWrath
09-25-2008, 10:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=week4qbranks

http://www.geocities.com/highwrath3002/wk4.JPG

Romo is the next over rated QB in the league and Rivers probably needs to be higher than 5th but I won't argue.

Davii
09-25-2008, 10:34 AM

Romo is the next over rated QB in the league and Rivers probably needs to be higher than 5th but I won't argue.

Well, this is a ranking for this weekend only. That's why you don't see any QB's on a bye etc.

I can definitely see saying Jay will be this weekends best QB when playing against KC. Rivers should definitely be higher than five though when they're playing the Raiders.

NameUsedBefore
09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Marshall's also the #1 receiver.

BroncoWave
09-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Not only is he ranked #1, he was the only one who was even unanimously rated in the top 4 by the panelists.

xzn
09-25-2008, 12:00 PM
If I could talk to Jay, I'd tell him the same thing I told my team when we were up 28-0 at halftime: KEEP IT UP!!

Dortoh
09-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I dont see the chiefs on there anywhere :confused:

xzn
09-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I dont see the chiefs on there anywhere :confused:

Tyler Thigpen would be #1, but he doesn't have enough passes to qualify :laugh:.... errr:tsk:

broncogirl7
09-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Awesome Jay and it's about time you start getting the respect you deserve!

Benetto
09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Rankings schmankings.

Shep
09-25-2008, 12:54 PM
He did pretty good last year considering he was suffering from untreated Diabetes. The AFC is crapping their pants now.

D1g1tal j1m
09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
We all know he is the real deal. Now the rest of the Country can now fully enjoy his talents now that they aren't blinded by the scrambling of Vince Young.

BroncoWave
09-25-2008, 03:05 PM
If I could talk to Jay, I'd tell him the same thing I told my team when we were up 28-0 at halftime: KEEP IT UP!!

That's what she said!

SarahKay
09-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I love it. I just got my premiere Cutler jersey in the mail today!! I'm stoked.

LRtagger
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
This is a fantasy ranking for this week. It's no surprise he is #1 considering the team we are playing and the numbers he is putting up this year. I still dont think ESPN is ready to put Jay as the #1 QB in the league, but if he keeps it up this year they will have him as a top 5 QB this offseason.

honz
09-25-2008, 10:55 PM
There is going to be a segment tonight on Sportscenter on who is the better young QB: Cutler or Rivers?

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to watch it. Sportscenter will be on as soon as this USC/OSU game is over. (Go Beavers!)

EastCoastBronco
09-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Rankings schmankings.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The ONLY ranking that matters is the one that takes place at the end of January. The rest is all fluff for the masses.

Medford Bronco
09-26-2008, 08:38 AM

how is Romo overrated. His career has been better than Cutlers so far.

I love Cutler but lets not trash others that are good as well.

Jirikoy
09-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Actually Phillip Rivers is the real #1 QB in the NFL right now. Most passing TD's and Highest QB rating. Cutler is number 3...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2008&seasonType=REG

Don't think that cause the refs helped you beat the Chargers that the Broncos and Cutler will take the Chargers place as the top team in the AFC west. Just consider that win a freebe, a headstart, a handicap, whatever... Hope it helps you'll need it...

honz
09-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Actually Phillip Rivers is the real #1 QB in the NFL right now. Most passing TD's and Highest QB rating. Cutler is number 3...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2008&seasonType=REG

Don't think that cause the refs helped you beat the Chargers that the Broncos and Cutler will take the Chargers place as the top team in the AFC west. Just consider that win a freebe, a headstart, a handicap, whatever... Hope it helps you'll need it...
Oh yeah, well Cutler has a better completion % and has thrown for more yards...oh yes, and he also beat Rivers when they went head to head.

:Cry:

NorthernLights
09-26-2008, 06:55 PM
These Rivers/Cutler threads are funny to read just because for a pure statistical standpoint, they are almost identical. Bolt fans thump about the winner record and Bronco fans praise the rocket arm. The truth of the matter is both are great QB's and I am going to enjoy watching them square off twice a year for many, many years to come.

I would wish you good luck against the Chefs this weekend, but I don't really think you're going to need it. Enjoy.

Jirikoy
09-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Oh yeah, well Cutler has a better completion % and has thrown for more yards...oh yes, and he also beat Rivers when they went head to head.

:Cry:

Better completion % by .5%, which possibly would be different if the replay machine was working and Rivers didn't get counted with an interception. Which they are both tied at 2 interceptions.

I'm not saying Cutler isn't playing well this year, he's just not the top rated QB in the NFL... We'll see if Cutler can keep it up, certainly should against the crappy KC Chiefs this Sunday, we should all count ourselves lucky we ain't Chiefs fans..

I just can't wait for the final game this season, round 2 of Chargers v. Broncos. Get a fair chance without the refs and replay machines giving the Chargers a reason for losing... And if the Broncos are really that good than the refs and replay machines won't soil their win with controversy.

omac
09-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Better completion % by .5%, which possibly would be different if the replay machine was working and Rivers didn't get counted with an interception. Which they are both tied at 2 interceptions.

I'm not saying Cutler isn't playing well this year, he's just not the top rated QB in the NFL... We'll see if Cutler can keep it up, certainly should against the crappy KC Chiefs this Sunday, we should all count ourselves lucky we ain't Chiefs fans..

I just can't wait for the final game this season, round 2 of Chargers v. Broncos. Get a fair chance without the refs and replay machines giving the Chargers a reason for losing... And if the Broncos are really that good than the refs and replay machines won't soil their win with controversy.

I can't wait for all the excuses from Charger fans for losing again. You blame the refs, yet you know deep inside that you had 2 chances to win the game, and you knew we had to throw it into the endzone, but still you guys failed to close out the game twice, thrice if you count Carolina. If you really believe you're a superbowl team, enough with the excuses. The Chargers are perceived throughout throughout the NFL, media, and fans as huge whiners. :coffee:

If we lose that game, we lose, and that's it. You won't hear any excuses from Shanahan and company. He'll just give credit to the winning team, and say what the Broncos need work at. :cool:

broncobryce
09-27-2008, 04:16 AM
I can't wait for all the excuses from Charger fans for losing again. You blame the refs, yet you know deep inside that you had 2 chances to win the game, and you knew we had to throw it into the endzone, but still you guys failed to close out the game twice, thrice if you count Carolina. If you really believe you're a superbowl team, enough with the excuses. The Chargers are perceived throughout throughout the NFL, media, and fans as huge whiners. :coffee:

If we lose that game, we lose, and that's it. You won't hear any excuses from Shanahan and company. He'll just give credit to the winning team, and say what the Broncos need work at. :cool:

Exactly, JESUS how many times have I heard whiny ass charger fans cry about this. They have an excuse for every loss. Of course, I would be pissed too if we had the most talent in the league the last 3 year and didn't do SQUAT besides choke every year in the playoffs. Guess all they can do is make excuses:lol:

sneakers
09-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Well, he's #1 in my heart.

lex
09-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. The ONLY ranking that matters is the one that takes place at the end of January. The rest is all fluff for the masses.

Thats bunk. Teams win super bowls. The Giants won the super bowl last year. That doesnt mean Eli is a better QB than Tom Brady or even his brother.

lex
09-27-2008, 11:13 AM

Most of that doesnt matter. Cutler has carried the Broncos and their defense has been so bad he has had minimal margin for error. He is the equalizer in most games. Perhaps the same can be said about Rivers to this point but Rivers is also two years older. Cutler is making throws that Rivers could only dream of making. Ill give you three examples:

That TD pass to Scheffler vs SD where Jay stepped up in the pocket and broke off a laser.

In the Saints game, Marshall was running a skinny post or a slant and two defenders were between Marshall and Cutler. Cutler threw a pass that was so fast it went right by two defenders and they missed it but it was so accurate it was right on the money hitting Marshall in stride. The replay doesnt do it justice because it was in slow motion and you have no sense of what it took for it to squeeze by the two perfectly placed defenders.

The last one was another play where the defender was in place to make a play. The defender was a little had his body twisted around but in most cases it was still a play he could make. The CB swung his arm at the pass and missed. You rarely see a CB whiff on a play like that where he has position. It was like watching Nolan Ryan throw it past a hitter. But in this case, the WR who was behind the CB missed.

Basically, theres an eyeball test to some of this with many who are lavishing praise on Cutler. The reality is that there are other good QBs who dont make such throws and dont need to but still, when people see what Cutler can do, its very noteworthy. The guy is just getting started and people take this into account.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
09-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Hell yea

broncobryce
09-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Most of that doesnt matter. Cutler has carried the Broncos and their defense has been so bad he has had minimal margin for error. He is the equalizer in most games. Perhaps the same can be said about Rivers to this point but Rivers is also two years older. Cutler is making throws that Rivers could only dream of making. Ill give you three examples:

That TD pass to Scheffler vs SD where Jay stepped up in the pocket and broke off a laser.

In the Saints game, Marshall was running a skinny post or a slant and two defenders were between Marshall and Cutler. Cutler threw a pass that was so fast it went right by two defenders and they missed it but it was so accurate it was right on the money hitting Marshall in stride. The replay doesnt do it justice because it was in slow motion and you have no sense of what it took for it to squeeze by the two perfectly placed defenders.

The last one was another play where the defender was in place to make a play. The defender was a little had his body twisted around but in most cases it was still a play he could make. The CB swung his arm at the pass and missed. You rarely see a CB whiff on a play like that where he has position. It was like watching Nolan Ryan throw it past a hitter. But in this case, the WR who was behind the CB missed.

Basically, theres an eyeball test to some of this with many who are lavishing praise on Cutler. The reality is that there are other good QBs who dont make such throws and dont need to but still, when people see what Cutler can do, its very noteworthy. The guy is just getting started and people take this into account.

You're right on the money. And I heard on Sirius NFL radio, Pat Kirwan was saying he was a little worried that Rivers might not have a long career because of his injuries. He said he basically moves like Marino at the END of his career. Not good, becauese Marino couldn't move that well at the beginning let alone the end. Hopefully Doom can nail his a** a few times at the end of the year.:defense:

corzman69
09-28-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm still arguing the Elway / Marino / Montana debate.....I'm not ready to get involved in this one quite yet.

Jirikoy
09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Now Cutler really isn't number 1 QB, ha ha...

So much for the easy win in KC and big fantasy football day for Cutler

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2008, 11:52 PM

What do you know. . .Phyllis threw up an astounding 58.8 rating today. . .

:coffee:

Simple Jaded
09-28-2008, 11:59 PM

14 of 25, 56.0%, 180 yards, 1TD, 2INT's, 58.8 QB rating <------Phylis Rivers day against the same team the Cutler abused.

Rivers isn't "the real #1 QB in the league" either, haha......

honz
09-29-2008, 12:06 AM

Troll = fail.

He wouldn't be on here talking shit if he didn't know that Cutler truly is the better QB.

Mike
09-29-2008, 10:31 AM
I love Cutler...but the guy has got to learn to take what the defense gives him. There is nothing wrong with going with the short passes. And for goodness sake, stop locking onto Marshall. This seems to be the slowest of his progression as an NFL QB. It was very frustrating watching him yesterday.

Hopefully, Bates and Shanahan walk through the game and point out how many wide open receivers he missed while throwing to a double covered Marshall or Royal. Take the short stuff...better 2nd or 3rd and 3/5 than an incomplete pass or int.

56crash
09-29-2008, 11:39 AM
I love Cutler...but the guy has got to learn to take what the defense gives him. There is nothing wrong with going with the short passes. And for goodness sake, stop locking onto Marshall. This seems to be the slowest of his progression as an NFL QB. It was very frustrating watching him yesterday.

Hopefully, Bates and Shanahan walk through the game and point out how many wide open receivers he missed while throwing to a double covered Marshall or Royal. Take the short stuff...better 2nd or 3rd and 3/5 than an incomplete pass or int.

this is it I love the guy but we could of won the game had cutler took what the chieves were giving ...but they knew Cutler was going deep and they were setting there waiting

KCL
09-29-2008, 11:51 AM
You all have a fine QB in Cutler.Besides the picks...he shredded our secondary.

I posted last week that I didn't think our rookie corners could keep up,I was wrong and very surprised that they did.I guess I didn't give them enough credit seeing as we were 0-3 coming into the game.

You all will bounce back.Your O is good enough.I really was expecting a loss and thought we would lose by 3 or more TDs.

I believe the game in December will be a different outcome and I am not looking forward to that game.

I have read some post that say the Broncos were overlooking the Chiefs,I find that hard to believe.I think KC was hungry for a win.Hell they were starving for one.I think the fact that Denver was undefeated gave them more motivation for this game.They came prepared,thats for sure.

After losing to the Raiders in week 2 I was feeling really down for this team.Just because we won yesterday doesn't mean anything at this point.There is still alot of football to be played.I just hope they are just as prepared next week as they were for the Denver game.

jrelway
09-29-2008, 11:53 AM

he did what the defense offered to him mostly. royal had over a 100 yrds receiving. you cant expect him to throw for 4tds 300 plus yards every game now. we shuld of ran the ball more.

Mike
09-29-2008, 12:17 PM
he did what the defense offered to him mostly. royal had over a 100 yrds receiving. you cant expect him to throw for 4tds 300 plus yards every game now. we shuld of ran the ball more.

They couldn't run the ball. Don't expect that to change the rest of the year either.

I don't expect big yards. I expect smart play...i.e. don't force it into double/triple coverage for a big play when you can take the check down.

He did not take what the defense gave him. He was pressing too much looking for the big play. Don't get me wrong he is not why the Broncos lost. He just needs to figure out that you can't go for it all all the time nor force it when it isn't there.

56crash
09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
They couldn't run the ball. Don't expect that to change the rest of the year either.

I don't expect big yards. I expect smart play...i.e. don't force it into double/triple coverage for a big play when you can take the check down.

He did not take what the defense gave him. He was pressing too much looking for the big play. Don't get me wrong he is not why the Broncos lost. He just needs to figure out that you can't go for it all all the time nor force it when it isn't there.

:beer: I total agree ! Could you imagine if that was Brady in NE pulling that crap and what his coaches would tell him