PDA

View Full Version : Krieger: Finances may sway Broncos

TXBRONC
02-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I just thought I would pass this information along.

Krieger: Finances may sway Broncos
By Dave Krieger
Denver Post Columnist
Posted: 02/07/2011 01:00:00

Now that the big game is over, the bigger game can begin. For the Broncos, it's not a minute too soon.

If you believe John Elway, whether the Broncos exercise or trade the second pick in the NFL's April draft may depend on if a new collective bargaining agreement is achieved by then.

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_17314668

dogfish
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
i found this one partial sentence by far and away the most interesting piece of that article. . .

The league seems likely to authorize draft-day trades even without a labor agreement

first i've heard that-- i wonder if there's any basis, or if kreiger's just making stuff up. . . .

Slick
02-07-2011, 02:53 PM
i found this one partial sentence by far and away the most interesting piece of that article. . .

first i've heard that-- i wonder if there's any basis, or if kreiger's just making stuff up. . . .

I was wondering how badly our hands would be tied on draft day if there's no deal in place.

Verify Kreiger's story and get back to me by the end of the day please.

TXBRONC
02-07-2011, 04:51 PM

He said it just to yank your chain. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
02-07-2011, 04:57 PM
As far as I know, as long as it doesn't involve giving someone a new contract (such as free agency) it's still able to happen.

For instance, Orton is still under contract and could be traded for other players under contract or draft picks... before, during, or after the draft. The only thing that can't get done without a new CBA is contracts which means, no FAs and no signing draft picks until it's done.