PDA

View Full Version : where's the d-line at..makes me so sick to my stomach..

broncos9697
09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes are beloved bronco's got beat it happens..
our off.henry was stuffed all day I give credit for the d-line of jacksonville great job..QB spot yards not to bad decison's all right..our WR should have had a hay-day with the match ups they had but it did not happen...our off line did there job..
our d-line made me sick why can we not ever get no pressure on the QB all game long they had all day to throw the ball we need to make some changes and fast or its going to be a long season..the run stop we stink we can not stop anyone we had a better core last season then we do now....
are d-backs are awsome they are holding there spot down..can we get any help at all this year or can we expect this all season long...the way this is going L.J.'s going to have over 200 yards rushing on us and he's not doing much of anything as of yet....let me know what you all think....thank you

Joel
09-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately we decided to go after a bunch of great pass rushing ends and did very little about our middle, which was the real weakness last year; it got worse, so we gave up 186 yards on the ground. Garrard didn't have a bad day, but he didn't have a great one; until that desperation pick at the end Cutler was having a much better one to finish 16/23 222, 1 TD, 1 Int as opposed to Garrards 14/20 for 154, 1 TD. But they had 32 more yards RUNNING than passing, so, yeah, I'm just glad we didn't get thumped by a lot. We can't even blame the three TOs; the Jags scored all of three points off all of them, but while our pass D is very good, until we can crack the top 25 in run D it won't matter: Teams will run all day long until we MAKE them throw Bly and Bailey interceptions, and so far we haven't shown we can make anyone do that. Not Buffalo (who scored more points against us week 1 than they did in week 2 AND 3), not Chokeland (whose running game had well under 4 ypa last season) and not the Jags.

At this point I'm not worried about Manning, whether we should blitz 8 or cover with 8 or whom to put on Clark: I'm worried about Joseph Addai and the best offensive line in the League. Last season proved you can win the SB with the Leagues worst run D--if you have the Colts offense and have Bob Sanders come back and make your run D stingy in the playoffs. Lynch might be able to supply the latter, but we can't expect him to make every running tackle; generally, if your secondary is making all your tackles on runs it's bad, because it means they're getting 5+ a carry. Until we have a run D, some legit DTs with the size and force to truly anchor the middle and crush anything coming up the middle, it's gonna be ugly against good lines with good backs like the C/Bolts.

Skinny
09-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, watching the D-line and the defense in general, get yardage ate up on the ground like that, is enough to make a preacher cus.

I'm more interested in how the defense looks after game 8, than i am game 3. It's clear that still not everyone is on the same page.

Look at the bright side!

As many times as we shot ourselves in the foot and could'nt execute. As crappy as the D-line played and as big an arse whoppin the Jags gave us . . . . . we only lost by 9. :elefant:

broncos9697
09-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah, watching the D-line and the defense in general, get yardage ate up on the ground like that, is enough to make a preacher cus.

I'm more interested in how the defense looks after game 8, than i am game 3. It's clear that still not everyone is on the same page.

Look at the bright side!

As many times as we shot ourselves in the foot and could'nt execute. As crappy as the D-line played and as big an arse whoppin the Jags gave us . . . . . we only lost by 9. :elefant:

ya your right on that point but week 3 they should have it on the same page they have had 3-4 months of pratice....
we had better do something and fast and I am sure I am not the pnly person that see's that..shanny waas on the sideline all day shanking his head and itching it.I know he's very upset and confussed..