PDA

View Full Version : What do you get for 162 mil. ?

Bronco Yoda
09-24-2008, 12:57 AM
8 Whopping catches so far! OUCH!:laugh:

Bernard Berrian (6yr. -42 mil) 6 catches so far this season :confused:
Javon Walker (6yr. -55 mil) 2 catches so far this season :laugh:
Donte' Stallworth (7yr. -35 mil) catches so far this season :rolleyes:
Jerry Porter (6yr. -30 mil.) caches so far this season :rolleyes:

A whole lot of money in FA for very little production.

DenBronx
09-24-2008, 02:09 AM
ouch is right! berrian is one demensional, walker is degenerate, porter is cfl quality and stallworth is overated.

im glad we have 2 wrs that put those guys to shame!

omac
09-24-2008, 02:14 AM

Nice! :D

For 3 of them, there is blame to share .... with Berrian, Tarvaris was horrendous; it could get better with Frerotte. With Stallworth, Anderson's been horrendous. With Porter, Jacksonville's OL is decimated by injuries, turning Garrard into a bad passer.

With Javon ... we'll he's been doing that to himself. The Raiders have no pass protection, nor a reliable QB, but Javon's been self-destructing since getting acquired by the Raiders.

Nomad
09-24-2008, 06:44 AM
That is alot of money, I'm all for payments for production over payments up front. However, I don't research or pay attention to salaries but if our receivers/QB keep up the way they have they'll expect their big payday as well. And will the BRONCOS do that??

gobroncsnv
09-24-2008, 06:55 AM
I think you'll see they will, having resigned DJ, just one example of someone we drafted, and are treating well. Obviously alot of other examples where we let someone go, and they shine elsewhere (Pryce, Berry, etc), but they're just dlinemen, and we've found that those guys are easy to come by... Ok, j/k... But remember when we let Pryce go, nobody was overly thrilled with his production because of his injuries. USUALLY, when we get ahold of this kind of talent, and the guy keeps his feet on earth, no overly inflated ego, we figure out a way to keep them. Certainly, it has to be a mutual thing.

broncofaninfla
09-24-2008, 07:25 AM

Good post! :beer:

NameUsedBefore
09-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Daniel Graham.

Medford Bronco
09-24-2008, 08:22 AM
As much as I dont like Porter, he has been hurt.

the rest are spot on though :salute:

Drill-N-Fill
09-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Bryant Johnson hasn't really made a big splash either.

Lonestar
09-24-2008, 09:23 AM
it also takes a QB and an OLINE to make completions. Right now they are struggling in both areas..

If their Running game gets abit better they may start producing better overall..

Never be enough to justify the money invested but then that it all shriveled al davis

anton...
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Daniel Graham.

meh, he's a glorified L/RT...

Poet
09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
None of those guys on that list are good. Some of them are highly talented, some of them used to be pretty good, none of them are good. When the Browns signed Stallworth I busted out laughing.

honz
09-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Daniel Graham.
Best blocking TE in football, baby!:D

Denver27og
09-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Daniel Graham.

we didnt get graham to catch passes... he is a beast blocker..
okok maybe a lil overpaid

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 12:13 PM
we didnt get graham to catch passes... he is a beast blocker..
okok maybe a lil overpaid

That's the definition of an understatement

broncofaninfla
09-24-2008, 12:59 PM
As much as I dont like Porter, he has been hurt.

the rest are spot on though :salute:

Is there a time when Porter HASN'T been hurt? I beleive he has been listed on the weekly injury report with a hamstring injury nearly all of his NFL career.

BMF Bronco
09-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Daniel Graham.

He must be worth something, although not making the most catches on the team, he does wear the Captain's C on his chest.

GEM
09-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Nice! :D

For 3 of them, there is blame to share .... with Berrian, Tarvaris was horrendous; it could get better with Frerotte. With Stallworth, Anderson's been horrendous. With Porter, Jacksonville's OL is decimated by injuries, turning Garrard into a bad passer.

With Javon ... we'll he's been doing that to himself. The Raiders have no pass protection, nor a reliable QB, but Javon's been self-destructing since getting acquired by the Raiders.

Stallworth is injured. I know....my autodraft picked him up...he's been benched since week 1. :mad:

gobroncsnv
09-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Graham is getting used a bit more this year in the passing lanes. Not sure how many he caught the other day, but loved the one where he was going out of bounds, and the NO player, trying to fling him OB, flew off while Graham just stood there. The man's got some gravity about him. Quite frankly, I'm not sure I would do much different with him than we're already doing.

dogfish
09-25-2008, 12:05 AM
graham is horrendously overpaid, but would cutler have made it through last year in one piece behind those tackles? if you think he might not have, then it's hard to begrudge that money. . . of course, you can find pure one-dimensional blocking tight ends who are pretty comparable to graham for less than half of what he's making, and he doesn't add significantly more to the passing game than those guys. . . we probably would have been fine with someone in the mold of kyle brady or jason dunn, although those two are getting pretty long in the tooth. . . given the cap space that graham takes up, we'd probably be wise to invest one of those extra day two picks in a big blocking TE when the draft rolls around. . .