PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have waived safety Hamza Abdullah

red98
09-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Shanahan also announced that the Broncos have waived safety Hamza Abdullah.

Abdullah began his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after they selected him in the seventh round of the 2005 NFL draft. HE was placed on their practice squad before Denver signed him to their active roster in November 2005. Abdullah saw action in 23 games, including eight starts in 2007, and he recorded 43 tackles, seven passes defensed, a forced fumble and fumble recovery.

The Broncos also released wide receiver Travis Wilson from the practice squad. He was signed to the Broncos on September 1, 2008.

– Adam Zinser, DenverBroncos.com

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/09/23/a-wave-of-transactions/

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Ok either a move is about to be made or Hamza just flat out regressed. This is a huge surprise.

Davii
09-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Ok either a move is about to be made or Hamza just flat out regressed. This is a huge surprise.

I would not have been nearly as surprised if it was Paymah.

Doom crew72
09-23-2008, 04:31 PM
I'll never forget that tackle he whiffed v Houston.

TehChamp
09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Maybe now people will believe the fact that Abdullah was a flat out average at best safety who is easily replaceable?

turftoad
09-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Agreed. He must of fell out of favor big time. Or......... in the Shanny dog house. You never get out of there.

Dortoh
09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Makes complete sense to me seeing how strong we are at the safety position. :confused:

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 04:34 PM
I would not have been nearly as surprised if it was Paymah.

Completely agree, he sucks.

But Hamza went from being dismissed from Special Teams practice as reward for making the 1st team to being waived.

Buff
09-23-2008, 04:34 PM

I agree, it was just about a month ago that we were talking about him being the best safety on the roster and pulling him off of special teams as a result...

Now he's out of a job?

I guess this year's safety will be last year's defensive tackle. Cue the Greg Wesley signing in 3...2...

turftoad
09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Makes complete sense to me seeing how strong we are at the safety position. :confused:

:confused: We are??

Davii
09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Completely agree, he sucks.

But Hamza went from being dismissed from Special Teams practice as reward for making the 1st team to being waived.

That's what I mean, i'm more surprised to see Hamza gone than I would've been to see Paymah disappear.

Traveler
09-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Vernon Fox replaces Abdullah.

red98
09-23-2008, 04:36 PM

Well they signed this guy, whoever he is:

With Nalen on IR, the Broncos had an open spot on the roster. To fill that void, the team has signed safety Vernon Fox, Shanahan announced.

A seventh-year player out of Fresno State, Fox spent two years each with the San Diego Chargers, Detroit Lions and Washington Redskins. He has seen action in 86 games with 11 starts, and he totaled 129 tackles, four passes defensed and two interceptions.

Still one roster spot open, and one practice squad spot right now.

Bad Intentions
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
It got into Shanny's doghouse somehow. It all goes back to when they pulled him off of STs and he got a big head thinking he had "arrived". A lot of players were making fun of him saying he was, "One of them now." At one point in camp he was considered to valuable to risk on STs. Now he has been released. Quite surprising IMO.

Who are we going to bring in?

Maybe the Broncos are going to trade a 2nd rounder for an impact player NOW like Woody Paige suggested, much like the Chambers move for the Chargers last year!!!

PLEASE!!! Send a 2nd and a conditional if necessary for Julius Peppers!!! He's already said he will test the open market!!! :)

Davii
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Lynch back on the team before long. At this point, what could it hurt?

GEM
09-23-2008, 04:40 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Lynch back on the team before long. At this point, what could it hurt?

Did you see Lynch up in the press box following the commentary? Looks like that is what is in his future.

Dortoh
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Did you see Lynch up in the press box following the commentary? Looks like that is what is in his future.

While I don't think Lynch has "it" anymore bringing him back would save me from having to buy a new jersey this season. :coffee:

Davii
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM

That was my first thought when I saw him there. One of two things, he's going to be behind the mic, or in pads soon.

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Well he was playing as a 4th LB all last year because he sucked at coverage. With the new hybrid 3-4 that looks to be taking shape maybe he fills the role as 4th LB.

broncobryce
09-23-2008, 04:43 PM

Now THAT would suprise me. They must like the way Lowry is doing. I wouldn't mind if Lynch came back, but I just don't see it happenening after he basically quit the team.

red98
09-23-2008, 04:45 PM

Well he wasn't in Shanny's dog house, his teammates like him and he lives in
Denver.

On the other hand I'm not sure what he brings to the table.

LRtagger
09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Taylor Mays here we come.

Bad Intentions
09-23-2008, 04:47 PM
It's not gonna be Lynch. There were several people that weren't real happy with how he left the team. Just not gonna happen.

We're gonna trade for Ed Reed! :D

Buff
09-23-2008, 04:48 PM

In terms of talent, you're right, it wouldn't be a huge downgrade.

But what message would it send? Feel free to shop yourself around to other teams, quit if you're not a starter, then we'll have you back if it doesn't work out with the defending AFC champions.

I almost hope it happens so I have the chance to boo him in person.

Davii
09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
In terms of talent, you're right, it wouldn't be a huge downgrade.

But what message would it send? Feel free to shop yourself around to other teams, quit if you're not a starter, then we'll have you back if it doesn't work out with the defending AFC champions.

I almost hope it happens so I have the chance to boo him in person.

He would definitely get a lot of boos. No doubt.

NightTrainLayne
09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
You think they'll move Hamza to the opening on the practice squad if he clears waivers? My guess is yes, but who knows. ..

red98
09-23-2008, 04:55 PM
You think they'll move Hamza to the opening on the practice squad if he clears waivers? My guess is yes, but who knows. ..

I don't think he's eligible anymore, is he?

Edit: had to check. He is not eligible.

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 04:56 PM
He would definitely get a lot of boos. No doubt.

I would boo him the way he handled himself. Plus it makes him look bad because "It just didn't feel right" his words but it felt right to play in the nickle for a supposed SB contender in New England? Broncos start 3-0 and he is back with the team. It just would stink of front runner chasing.

Davii
09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
I would boo him the way he handled himself. Plus it makes him look bad because "It just didn't feel right" his words but it felt right to play in the nickle for a supposed SB contender in New England? Broncos start 3-0 and he is back with the team. It just would stink of front runner chasing.

Well, to be honest, he doesn't have to come back in order to call a spade a spade.

Davii
09-23-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't think he's eligible anymore, is he?

No, he's not. He's accrued more than nine games in a season.

Superchop 7
09-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Lynch would be a huge help.

He just has to understand his role.

He has no business in the passing game.

As for Hamza......well......you did this to yourself.

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 05:02 PM

Then why bring him in. The pass defense is where this team needs the most help.

turftoad
09-23-2008, 05:02 PM

Agreed.

Evidently neither do our current safteys either. :D

honz
09-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Well, we already signed a safety to fill Hamza's spot...that Fox guy. Not sure why Hamza was waived, but I'll tell you why we brought in Fox...special teams.

So our remaining roster spot will probably be used to bring in some OLine depth.

I'm sad to see my boy Hamza leave. I have been backing him since last year and he has failed me. How dare you make me look foolish, Hamza...I don't need any extra help.

Superchop 7
09-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Then why bring him in. The pass defense is where this team needs the most help.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

If you give a qb all day to throw..........

It's cause and effect.

The problem is our pressure, John can wreak havok in the backfield and near the line.

hamrob
09-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Then why bring him in. The pass defense is where this team needs the most help.One other area that I think Lynch is really good at...is the blitz...he seems to know how to get to the QB...our other folks don't. Also, he knocks people out....who else do we have that can make those type of hits. I'm not saying that's the best way...but when you knock the snot out of someone...it sure does get your teammates excited!

Superchop 7
09-23-2008, 05:11 PM
So, I'm sitting there draft day.....

Watching Kenny Phillips falling off the board.....

Thinking to myself.....

haroldthebarrel
09-23-2008, 05:13 PM
I am all for getting Lynch back. You look at the tape and the safeties make so many mistakes. That along with a middle linebacker who also is often out of position make me cringe.

I would much rather have a defense that gets beaten by on great plays and talent, than one that gets beaten by mental mistakes. Get Lynch in here and maybe also consider starting Kotuvides.

Bad Intentions
09-23-2008, 05:14 PM

Thinking to myself.....

Yeah and we'd still be bitching about Cutler's blindside protection. We got a future all pro LT... your logic is so flawed it's remarkable!

Superchop 7
09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
One other area that I think Lynch is really good at...is the blitz...he seems to know how to get to the QB...our other folks don't. Also, he knocks people out....who else do we have that can make those type of hits. I'm not saying that's the best way...but when you knock the snot out of someone...it sure does get your teammates excited!

__________________________________________________ ____________________

He would be like an extra linebacker.....

Not that our MLB needs any help or anything.....

MileHigh_MadMan
Broncos will sign Dylan Gandy for OLine Depth

honz

Thinking to myself.....
Unfortunately we didn't have multiple first round draft picks to play with.:coffee:

dogfish
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
lynch has one sack and about two big hits in the last two years. . . he's done, finished, caput. . . he whined his way out of town, i'll be pissed if they bring him back. . . at this point i'd rather sign a developmental pass rusher like andy studebaker from philly's practice squad than bring back old man winter. . . . how about the predator? does he have a job anywhere?

Bad Intentions
09-23-2008, 05:17 PM

"your" an idiot! :D

Superchop 7
09-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah and we'd still be bitching about Cutler's blindside protection. We got a future all pro LT... your logic is so flawed it's remarkable!

__________________________________________________ __________________

I'm not talking about our first pick.

I'm talking about making a move when he dropped out of the top 25.

pnbronco
09-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Wow I really didn't see that coming. I was looking for him on Sunday and finally found him on the sidelines in street clothes. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

honz
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
We already signed a safety to replace Hamza, guys! I stole this from MHR.com: http://www.milehighreport.com/

The Broncos also announced they signed free-agent safety Vernon Fox and waived safety Hamza Abdullah, Head Coach Mike Shanahan announced.

The club also on Tuesday released wide receiver Travis Wilson from its practice squad.

Fox (5-foot-10, 203 pounds) is in his seventh NFL season and joins the Broncos after spending the previous two years with Washington, which released him on Aug. 25. He also has played for Detroit (2004-05) and San Diego (2002-03) after entering the NFL with the Chargers in 2002 as a college free agent from Fresno State University.

In 86 career games (11 starts), Fox has totaled 90 tackles (69 solo), two interceptions (21 yds.) and eight pass breakups. He also owns 73 tackles on special teams along with one blocked punt for his career.

Last season with Washington, Fox appeared in 14 games (0 starts) and tied for third on the club with 16 special-teams stops while adding two defensive tackles. He started a career-high six games and appeared in all 16 contests for the Redskins in 2006, recording personal bests in defensive tackles (42) and special-teams tackles (26).

Fox saw time in 14 games in each of his two years with the Lions from 2004-05. During his first two professional seasons with the Chargers from 2002-03, he appeared in a total of 28 games (5 starts) and had 45 tackles along with one interception.

A two-time first-team All-Western Athletic Conference selection at Fresno State, Fox attended Cimarron Memorial High School in Las Vegas and was born on Oct. 9, 1979

We have one open roster spot that will be used to bring in some more OLine depth to replace Nails most likely.

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
"your" an idiot! :D

Shut up:D

56crash
09-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Agreed. He must of fell out of favor big time. Or......... in the Shanny dog house. You never get out of there.

We tried to sign him long term and I know he turned down the contract well why should we put someting into a guy that don't want to be a bronco .

red98
09-23-2008, 05:51 PM
We already signed a safety to replace Hamza, guys! I stole this from MHR.com: http://www.milehighreport.com/

We have one open roster spot that will be used to bring in some more OLine depth to replace Nails most likely.

Yep, they signed Gandy, there is an article in the "Nalen to IR" thread.

hamrob
09-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Who the heck is FOX? The guy seems like a bum. I would have rather given Barrett a chance to show his stuff...he's also a fast, big body on ST's. I don't mind us making moves during the season...but letting a guy go...so you can pick-up someone out of the trash heap is a Waste...IMO.

Magnificent Seven
09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
They should get John Lynch back. He was at the Invesco Field Stadium for Saints vs. Broncos game. I saw him at the club room.

pnbronco
09-23-2008, 07:21 PM
I have no idea who the guy that is being brought in. It just seems so weird that he would be listed as a starter in camp, got hurt and now is waived. Does anyone know when Ramadan is?

underrated29
09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
So do we still have a roster spot to fill? I am just curious if maybe there is someone on our Practice Squad that some other teams are sniffing around and we want to make sure they dont sniff anymore.?

frauschieze
09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I have no idea who the guy that is being brought in. It just seems so weird that he would be listed as a starter in camp, got hurt and now is waived. Does anyone know when Ramadan is?

Started the second of September and lasts for 30 days.

G_Money
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM
It's no secret Hamza was not my favorite player. I'm not sad he's off the team.

But I agree with several of the above posters: that's a pretty serious rocket he took to the doghouse and then out the back door to be run over by the unemployment train.

Still, at least I won't have to hear anymore about how any day now Hamza is gonna ride in and save our bacon at safety.

Now we just need to find the guy who will. Rolle or Moore in the draft, please.

~G

Lonestar
09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
gee wasn't he the one that got taken off of ST so he could start at safety?

My oh my Not For Long

One more time..

BTW I have not read single post in this thread so If I stepped on some other poster sorry..

gobroncsnv
09-23-2008, 11:10 PM
PLEASE!!! Send a 2nd and a conditional if necessary for Julius Peppers!!! He's already said he will test the open market!!! :)

That would be overwhelmingly cool!!!

shank
09-24-2008, 12:33 AM
add me to the 'bring up barrett' petition

ikillz0mbies
09-24-2008, 01:50 AM
add me to the 'bring up barrett' petition

Me too! He's amazing in Madden. When I'm him, I use the hit stick. I've like forced 3 fumbles with him.

BCJ
09-24-2008, 03:01 AM

exactly i was thinking. One spot open and we just cut a safety. If he really wants to play, he might do it for less than what the Pats would have paid. I would just send John to the QB everytime he is out there.

EastCoastBronco
09-24-2008, 06:59 AM
As long as we continue to have zero pass rush (how long has this been going on???) we will go through safeties and corners like Kleenex..The lack of any type of production up front (Doom can't do it all) is this teams achille's heel and for years it has placed uneccessary pressure on our secondary.

Dortoh
09-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Me too! He's amazing in Madden. When I'm him, I use the hit stick. I've like forced 3 fumbles with him.

You should move him to punter in Madden he kicks like 80 yard coffin corner kicks almost every time :coffee:

ambiguous
09-24-2008, 09:26 AM
So Paymah is going to be starting every down now? Great. :rolleyes:

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 09:36 AM

Minnesota had to give up a first for Jared Allen, but we are going to get Peppers for a 2nd? Keep dreaming.

Rex
09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Whiff! Exit stage right.

Lonestar
09-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Minnesota had to give up a first for Jared Allen, but we are going to get Peppers for a 2nd? Keep dreaming.

I agree remember KC had a gun to their head, they could either trade him for anything they could get or lose him to FA at the end of this season and get NADA.. They knew they were not going to go anywhere this year and his impact would have meant NADA.. They did the right thing..

Buff
09-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Whiff! Exit stage right.

Hey cswil, I was on the radio again yesterday talking about the Hamza situation. I was going to call you ahead of time so you could tune in online. I know you're pretty much my biggest fan.

Rex
09-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey cswil, I was on the radio again yesterday talking about the Hamza situation. I was going to call you ahead of time so you could tune in online. I know you're pretty much my biggest fan.

You know it. If you call again, let me know. I will follow up call and praise your previous comments.

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 10:28 AM
I agree remember KC had a gun to their head, they could either trade him for anything they could get or lose him to FA at the end of this season and get NADA.. They knew they were not going to go anywhere this year and his impact would have meant NADA.. They did the right thing..

My suggestion would be for Denver to seriously approach Terrell Suggs because my money says Carolina wastes NO time slapping the franchise tag on Peppers.

Buff
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
My suggestion would be for Denver to seriously approach Terrell Suggs because my money says Carolina wastes NO time slapping the franchise tag on Peppers.

The problem with Suggs is that he's a much better fit for the 3-4. He'd be an immediate upgrade as an edge rusher-- but for as much $$ as he is going to command, I don't think we'd be fully utilizing his skills.

yardog
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
So Paymah is going to be starting every down now? Great. :rolleyes:

:tsk:

Denver27og
09-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Hazma will now either go to the giants.. texans.. redskins.. or raiders (they love to pick up all of our trash) and make an impact in the league

shank
09-24-2008, 10:59 AM

peppers had a very down year last year, and has not shown to be back to form yet, while allen was coming off a season where he lead the league in sacks.

not necessarily saying it's realistic, just saying it might not be completely unrealistic.

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 11:01 AM
peppers had a very down year last year, and has not shown to be back to form yet, while allen was coming off a season where he lead the league in sacks.

not necessarily saying it's realistic, just saying it might not be completely unrealistic.

So if Peppers has 2 concesutive bad years...why do we even want him?

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
The problem with Suggs is that he's a much better fit for the 3-4. He'd be an immediate upgrade as an edge rusher-- but for as much $$ as he is going to command, I don't think we'd be fully utilizing his skills.

Being a converted linebacker has helped Suggs become a defensive end that can track the ball above average. In five seasons, Suggs has 299 tackles and 45 sacks to his credit. I think he can handle the DE spot quite adequately.

Davii
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM

Can he lift his arms over his head?

If so, he's an improvement on the last pass rusher we went and got.

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Can he lift his arms over his head?

If so, he's an improvement on the last pass rusher we went and got.

IF Carolina allows him to test the market and if there is a big demand for him, then he is going to demand top dollar. Would we rather put a ton of money in a player coming off 2 down years because he can lift his arms over his head...or approach Suggs. Baltimore pumps out defensive players like no other, so they may not compete to retain him and he will be cheaper than Peppers with similar production.

Suggs didnt have a great year last year either, but career wise...his numbers are right there with Peppers and he's a year younger

shank
09-24-2008, 11:13 AM

i didn't endorse the idea ;)

but he is only 28 and was one of the most dominant DEs in the game just a couple years ago... knowing our FA luck, he wouldn't return to that form here in denver though.

he's still better as an all-around DE than anyone on our current roster though.

Davii
09-24-2008, 11:13 AM
IF Carolina allows him to test the market and if there is a big demand for him, then he is going to demand top dollar. Would we rather put a ton of money in a player coming off 2 down years because he can lift his arms over his head...or approach Suggs. Baltimore pumps out defensive players like no other, so they may not compete to retain him and he will be cheaper than Peppers with similar production.

Suggs didnt have a great year last year either, but career wise...his numbers are right there with Peppers and he's a year younger

I wasn't saying we should go get him, I was making a joke Chaz.

I would rather have Suggs personally, but I don't believe either one will be in a Bronco uni.

studbucket
09-24-2008, 11:19 AM
exactly i was thinking. One spot open and we just cut a safety. If he really wants to play, he might do it for less than what the Pats would have paid. I would just send John to the QB everytime he is out there.

Completely unrelated, but you are using the Charger face I made, LOL! Where did you find it? I never thought I would ever see that as someone's avatar.

Also, does anyone think this had to do with Hamza fasting for an entire month around this part of the season? If he doesn't have the energy to play well, maybe Shanahan didn't want to deal with that?

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 11:22 AM
I wasn't saying we should go get him, I was making a joke Chaz.

I would rather have Suggs personally, but I don't believe either one will be in a Bronco uni.

Of course not. Why should we pursue a quality defensive FA when Keary Colbert will be available?

shank
09-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Also, does anyone think this had to do with Hamza fasting for an entire month around this part of the season? If he doesn't have the energy to play well, maybe Shanahan didn't want to deal with that?

it wasn't an issue last year.

Davii
09-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Is Simeon Rice available?

:rofl: ;)

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Is Simeon Rice available?

:rofl: ;)

No, but I think Roodevelt Colvin is out there wanting to relive glory years

ApaOps5
09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
They should bring in IHOP he will get them to the Superbowl........

broncobryce
09-24-2008, 11:36 AM

I don't. It seems like people are living off of like 2 years ago when he was a monster. From what I've seen last year and this season, it would be a waste to trade for him. He has 1 sack so far. Same as Kenny Peterson and John Engelberger.

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 11:43 AM
We just need to realize that we need to go all out to get the pass rusher we need. We limited our offers on Abraham and Kerney the last few years and it's killing us. Those two rack up sacks like its nothing...but we saved as few dollars, so I guess that's what important.

ApaOps5
09-24-2008, 11:44 AM
With the offense young and set might as well just throw the whole draft at defense and hope a bunch stick.

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 11:45 AM
With the offense young and set might as well just throw the whole draft at defense and hope a bunch stick.

You mean like a draft where we trade up to get guys like Moss, Crowder and Thomas?

ApaOps5
09-24-2008, 11:48 AM
You mean like a draft where we trade up to get guys like Moss, Crowder and Thomas?

Water under the bridge. I think the Goodmans are doing a great job and a big reason our drafts are getting better.

But in the case of the Moss debacle Denver needed a pass rusher he had a monster game in the National Championship. Denver is always hamstrung by draft position as they rarely suck. It wasn't the right move but I understand why it happened.

ambiguous
09-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Water under the bridge. I think the Goodmans are doing a great job and a big reason our drafts are getting better.

But in the case of the Moss debacle Denver needed a pass rusher he had a monster game in the National Championship. Denver is always hamstrung by draft position as they rarely suck. It wasn't the right move but I understand why it happened.

So Moss is officially a bust now? How many games has he actually played in their entirety?

ApaOps5
09-24-2008, 12:23 PM
So Moss is officially a bust now? How many games has he actually played in their entirety?

I don't think he is a bust. I just don't think he should have been drafted where he is. This is essentially his rookie year. He has a lot of time to round into shape. I was just referencing the moving up part.

I shouldn't have used debacle. Just didn't agree with moving up for him.

CoachChaz
09-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Maybe he benefits from the 3-4 scheme

Dortoh
09-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm talking out my *** here but I wonder how much Moss will actually ever recover. The strength of his game was speed so if much of that was lost due to his injury he could be in trouble. Again just rambling thoughts.

shank
09-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Maybe he benefits from the 3-4 scheme

how? the reason we ran it was to get winborn on the field. moss will see even less time if we run the 3-4 more often because if he can't get on the field as a 4-3 end, he has no place at all on a 3-4 team. (obviously not at DE, and he doesn't seem suited to be even a 3-4 OLB imo)

pnbronco
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=studbucket;391347 Also, does anyone think this had to do with Hamza fasting for an entire month around this part of the season? If he doesn't have the energy to play well, maybe Shanahan didn't want to deal with that?[/QUOTE]

That's why I asked when Ramadan is? I think it's now. Hamza is also coming off an injury and he did get rid of Foxy. Plus if you think about it Shanny had a lot on his plate last year with Walker and Henry. Of the 3 I am just really surprised that Karl is the last man standing. He is a great guy, but so was Foxy and Hamza so I'm just really confused, what else is new....:confused:

omac
09-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Completely unrelated, but you are using the Charger face I made, LOL! Where did you find it? I never thought I would ever see that as someone's avatar.

Could be, but then again, isn't Ryan Harris a Muslim too? Did he also fast?

ktrain
09-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Could be, but then again, isn't Ryan Harris a Muslim too? Did he also fast?

neither of them fasted, there was an article somewhere on this

deacon
09-24-2008, 11:13 PM
how? the reason we ran it was to get winborn on the field. moss will see even less time if we run the 3-4 more often because if he can't get on the field as a 4-3 end, he has no place at all on a 3-4 team. (obviously not at DE, and he doesn't seem suited to be even a 3-4 OLB imo)

Actually this may not be true. As I understand it Moss is the 2nd best pass rusher on the team behind doom. His problem is in stopping the run. In the 3-4 set he will have more of a pass rush responsibility so it may get him on the field.

Bronco Yoda
09-25-2008, 03:06 AM
This must be our new D scheme. Every Monday morning Shanahan will call in 2 defensive guys and have them draw straws for their jobs.

Looks like Paymah was lucky this week!

Who will draw straws this Monday?

shank
09-25-2008, 03:13 AM
neither of them fasted, there was an article somewhere on this

i know abdullah fasted last year... :confused:

Nature Boy
09-25-2008, 04:13 AM
Hamza Abdulla sucked anyways. Now about this defense... We have a 14-2 offense but a 6-10 defense. Like the other thread says, we need to make a move to shore up the defense, mainly to get a real DE to replace John Engleburger. Jarvis "the Bust" Moss isn't doing much.

tomjonesrocks
09-25-2008, 02:18 PM
You should move him to punter in Madden he kicks like 80 yard coffin corner kicks almost every time :coffee:

Champ is also Randy Moss reincarnate in the game at wideout. He has to be in the lineup. It's criminal the Broncos are wasting that talent. :P

deacon
09-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Champ is also Randy Moss reincarnate in the game at wideout. He has to be in the lineup. It's criminal the Broncos are wasting that talent. :P

Do you have any idea what would happen if Champ played offense too? Just listen to the outrage because he's the safety guy on ST's.

Lonestar
09-26-2008, 01:29 AM
This must be our new D scheme. Every Monday morning Shanahan will call in 2 defensive guys and have them draw straws for their jobs.

Looks like Paymah was lucky this week!

Who will draw straws the short ones this Monday?

SLowick

turftoad
09-26-2008, 01:10 PM
September 26, 2008, 11:25
Texans, Broncos :: DB

Former Broncos S Abdullah To Workout For Houston

Lindsay H. Jones, Denver Post - [Full Article]

Former Denver Broncos safety Hamza Abdullah was not claimed off waivers and is free to sign with any team. The Broncos put Abdullah, who started eight games last year but quickly fell out of favor after injuring his groin at training camp, on waivers Tuesday. Abdullah has a workout scheduled in Houston next week.

Mike
09-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I wonder how Houston fans feel about Kubes forever bringing in Bronco cast-offs? :confused:

It's like a mandatory stop.

omac
09-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I wonder how Houston fans feel about Kubes forever bringing in Bronco cast-offs? :confused:

It's like a mandatory stop.

Houston fans are showing how fickle they are. Last season, they loved Kubes, this season, after 2 losses, they want him fired. :D

omac
09-26-2008, 02:52 PM
September 26, 2008, 11:25
Texans, Broncos :: DB

Former Broncos S Abdullah To Workout For Houston

Lindsay H. Jones, Denver Post - [Full Article]

Former Denver Broncos safety Hamza Abdullah was not claimed off waivers and is free to sign with any team. The Broncos put Abdullah, who started eight games last year but quickly fell out of favor after injuring his groin at training camp, on waivers Tuesday. Abdullah has a workout scheduled in Houston next week.

Oh, so getting a groin injury is how Hamza fell out of favor with Shanny. :D