PDA

View Full Version : Tebow a test case for this year's crop of QB prospects

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 09:09 PM
MOBILE, Ala. — They were big men on campus. Runners, throwers and, most of all, winners.

But as the years tick by, those quarterbacks, with resumes filled by collegiate glory, will arrive at the NFL draft in the AT era.

As in, "After Tebow."

If a two-time national champion and Heisman Trophy winner with a boxcar full of Southeastern Conference and NCAA records found himself scrutinized, criticized and analyzed from his head to his toenails by his future NFL bosses, well, the rest of the run-and-throw quarterbacks walking in Tebow's spread-option shoes know what's coming.

"If a guy like (Tebow) is critiqued like that, we should all know we will be too," said Nevada quarterback Colin Kaepernick. "I know in my case I'm portrayed as more of a raw athlete than the quarterbacks in the NFL. I came here to show that wasn't true. I'm not a project."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17265652

I Eat Staples
02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Kaepernick is right, he isn't a project because he's not going to play QB at all.

Not if he wants to sniff the field, at least.

NameUsedBefore
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Kaepernick should have gone with baseball.

horsepig
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
That is true to a point. The good ole boy NFL network has always been about 20 years behind what's going on in football. If somebody else doesn't prove it can work in the pros, most coaches won't even consider it.

NFL offenses are centered around complexity, i.e.; if the safety picks his nose then the TE goes out and the WR zigs to the 10 yd out, vs what the play really was.

Hell, at this point let guys like Brady and Manning just take'm to the LOS and start calling schemes. That's what it's all about now. Offensive geniuses, give me a ******* break. Use your personell to their best advantage, not yours (the coach's).

Crap, I'm rambling , again.

robert ethan
02-03-2011, 03:05 AM
The league has never seen someone exactly like him. I don't think there is any point in taking what he accomplishes and trying to fit someone else into that.

Juriga72
02-03-2011, 10:48 AM
The league has never seen someone exactly like him. I don't think there is any point in taking what he accomplishes and trying to fit someone else into that.

Very true... BUT did they not also say this of JaMarcus too?

"There has never been as big/strong qb like this"....

Either way, if you succeed... YAHOO... if you tank you are the next Russell/Klingler/Couch/Leaf