PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Legwold: John Elway said today at the Super Bowl; "If we had to play today Kyle Orton would be our staring quarterback.''

tomjonesrocks
02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Huh. Seems Legwold doesn't post very often--last time was to say Dumervil was going to miss the season.

Jeff_Legwold John Elway said today at the Super Bowl; "If we had to play today Kyle Orton would be our staring quarterback.''
26 minutes ago

http://mobile.twitter.com/jeff_legwold

underrated29
02-02-2011, 03:11 PM
well that sucks. I like Kyle and think he can and will do good for us or elsehwere, but tebow just flat out gets it done. And that is all I care about. Just gettin er done.

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Well then John needs to rethink his ability to be the man in charge of the Broncos football ops.

dogfish
02-02-2011, 03:16 PM
gotta pump up that trade value-- the duke knows WTF he's doing. . .

;)

powderaddict
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Someone should probably go check on Chazoe, and remove any sharp objects.

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 03:18 PM

;)

Let's hope that's what he means... I guess it's a damn good thing we don't play today then because Orton would lead us to yet another boring blowout loss. Thanks for the memories Kyle, they sucked, move along.

BORDERLINE
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM

;)

there's nothing to pump the his value is pretty much set for him:tsk:

NightTrainLayne
02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Who cares. We're not playing today, or anytime before next September at the earliest. Plenty of time.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Who cares. We're not playing today, or anytime before next September at the earliest. Plenty of time.

Exactly, I'm not sure it means whole lot right now.

camdisco24
02-02-2011, 03:38 PM
This is gonna be a long off season....

Juriga72
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
John is just tired of being "the qb who lost by the most in a Super Bowl"....

Kyle versus the Green bay Packers d?? I would pay to see that. It would be the first time you ever saw a grown man sucking his thumb on the sideline.

broncofaninfla
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Meh...... To say otherwise would lower Ortons trade value. No news here, moving on.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 03:42 PM

It's not for the faint of heart.

Softskull
02-02-2011, 03:42 PM

No kidding. We should be thanking Big John for tossing us a bone for discussion. The draft is a long time from now.

:salute:

WARHORSE
02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Dont let yer jocks snag the flag.

This is Big John pumping Ortons value on the big stage.

Big John is no dummy.

Especially after watching Brandon Lloyds interview in which he said he knows Orton will do well wherever he goes next.

topscribe
02-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Well then John needs to rethink his ability to be the man in charge of the Broncos football ops.

Well now, all the sudden we know more about it than John Elway, don't we?
You think he would be saying that if Fox hadn't? Think again. So maybe in all
your expertise, you think John Fox, with his 18 years experience needs to
rethink his ability, too . . .

-----

topscribe
02-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Why all the dismay? If you have heard all Elway's pressers and interviews,
should that be such a big surprise? He has plainly indicated that Tebow is not
yet a good QB, and he has indicated Orton is. So what do you think he would
say?

We'll find out soon enough, won't we? :coffee:

-----

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 03:52 PM
No kidding. We should be thanking Big John for tossing us a bone for discussion. The draft is a long time from now.

I guess you could call it a bone for discussion. ;)

robert ethan
02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I think that Elway wants to test the market for Tebow. He made a point of emphasizing that all the team personel said that they would "do it over again" as far as drafting Tebow at #25 overall. That is what he wants in return, or a facsimile thereof. It isn't like G.B. where Brett Favre was 35 years old and talking of retirement when they drafted Aaron Rodgers. Orton is just 5 years older than Tebow. Kyle still figures to get better for a few years before he starts to get worse.

chazoe60
02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Someone should probably go check on Chazoe, and remove any sharp objects.

:laugh::laugh:

Nah, I'm all right. I know exactly what this is. The worst thing for a players trade value is when everyone knows his current team doesn't want him anymore. That's all this is about.

chazoe60
02-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I think that Elway wants to test the market for Tebow. He made a point of emphasizing that all the team personel said that they would "do it over again" as far as drafting Tebow at #25 overall. That is what he wants in return, or a facsimile thereof. It isn't like G.B. where Brett Favre was 35 years old and talking of retirement when they drafted Aaron Rodgers. Orton is just 5 years older than Tebow. Kyle still figures to get better for a few years before he starts to get worse.

Holy shit, are you saing Orton can get worse? Damn how bad would he suck then?

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Well now, all the sudden we know more about it than John Elway, don't we?
You think he would be saying that if Fox hadn't? Think again. So maybe in all
your expertise, you think John Fox, with his 18 years experience needs to
rethink his ability, too . . .

-----

In all his years as a Head Coach, John Fox has as many Super Bowl rings as I do... (0) :elefant: Remember when the Chiefs thought Elvis Grbac was a starter and Rich Gannon wasn't...? Oops.

I Eat Staples
02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Why all the dismay? If you have heard all Elway's pressers and interviews,
should that be such a big surprise? He has plainly indicated that Tebow is not
yet a good QB, and he has indicated Orton is. So what do you think he would
say?

We'll find out soon enough, won't we? :coffee:

-----

:laugh::laugh:

Nah, I'm all right. I know exactly what this is. The worst thing for a players trade value is when everyone knows his current team doesn't want him anymore. That's all this is about.

I think it could be either of these. Elway could be saying that because a starter is worth more than a back-up, or he could simply think Orton gives us a better chance to win at this point.

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
If Elway comes out and says Tebow is the starter then Orton has diminished trade value as teams know Denver will likely cut him.

As much as TOP WANTS Orton to be the starter (God only knows why) it isn't going to happen. Orton's a loser and John knows it.

topscribe
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
In all his years as a Head Coach, John Fox has as many Super Bowl rings as I do... (0) :elefant: Remember when the Chiefs thought Elvis Grbac was a starter and Rich Gannon wasn't...? Oops.

Oh, I see. So you are saying Fox is stupid, right? You know better than he, right?

In this thread, you have taken up the issue with John Elway and John Fox. In
the other thread, you have been arguing with John Elway. What if McCoy
now agrees with them? Is he all the sudden incompetent, too? :lol:

-----

topscribe
02-02-2011, 04:04 PM
If Elway comes out and says Tebow is the starter then Orton has diminished trade value as teams know Denver will likely cut him.

As much as TOP WANTS Orton to be the starter (God only knows why) it isn't going to happen. Orton's a loser and John knows it.

Don't be a fool. I want the best QB at the QB position. I want the best player
at every position. Do not try to put that jacket on me. Do not troll that
way.

And if you really believe Elway "knows" Orton is a "loser," then you are calling
Elway a liar, in addition to all your other dispersions you have already made
about him . . .

P.S. You know, if Elway had instead said the same thing about Tebow, you
and your anti-Orton cronies would be on this like ugly on ape.

-----

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Oh, I see. So you are saying Fox is stupid, right? You know better than he, right?

In this thread, you have taken up the issue with John Elway and John Fox. In
the other thread, you have been arguing with John Elway. What if McCoy
now agrees with them? Is he all the sudden incompetent, too? :lol:

-----

You sure have put a lot of words in my mouth... I don't believe I said anything about Fox other than he has as many rings as Head Coach as I do... I don't know the man to assume he is smart or stupid... Are you trying to say that every NFL coach is smart?

Do you have IQ results from the NFL? As far as McCoy goes, his playcall in large part was incompetent, but that doesn't mean he is, we will see.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 04:14 PM
IMO - right now, John is not saying any thing any differently than anyone else in his position would say - i.e. Orton was the starting QB, Orton is still on the roster, if Orton is not traded, training camp/preseason is where it is determined who the starting QB will be, unless you have an established starter as Brady, Manning(s), etc.

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Don't be a fool. I want the best QB at the QB position. I want the best player
at every position. Do not try to put that jacket on me. Do not troll that
way.

And if you really believe Elway "knows" Orton is a "loser," then you are calling
Elway a liar, in addition to all your other dispersions you have already made
about him . . .

P.S. You know, if Elway had instead said the same thing about Tebow, you
and your anti-Orton cronies would be on this like ugly on ape.

-----

I don't believe that you want the best player at the QB position, you want ORTON. He's had 2 years to prove he is a leader and a QB you can win with and he has proven anything BUT, yet you still defend his honor in the face of almost comical support.

I'm not sure why you like Orton so much and it really doesn't matter I suppose, but I do believe it taints your view of reality when it comes to the QB position for the Denver Broncos.

Like I said, he will be traded, and hopefully soon, and hopefully Denver will get good compensation for him, and whether it's Tebow, Quinn, or someone else, let's hope the next QB plays with heart, passion, and leadership, because this team has been void of that for a long time.

topscribe
02-02-2011, 04:18 PM
You sure have put a lot of words in my mouth... I don't believe I said anything about Fox other than he has as many rings as Head Coach as I do... I don't know the man to assume he is smart or stupid... Are you trying to say that every NFL coach is smart?

Do you have IQ results from the NFL? As far as McCoy goes, his playcall in large part was incompetent, but that doesn't mean he is, we will see.

So then, all three are incompetent to you? /discussion.

-----

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
So then, all three are incompetent to you? /discussion.

-----

Once again, you are saying those words, not me, they never came out of my mouth. /discussion :rolleyes:

T.K.O.
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM
for John to say almost anything else would have done one or all of 3 things........
1) diminished Orton's trade value

2)led Tebow to believe he's a lock for starter and does'nt have to earn it (which probably would'nt affect his desire and effort to achieve it anyway)

3)closed the door on potential trades for any QB....(quinn) on the roster.

topscribe
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't believe that you want the best player at the QB position, you want ORTON. He's had 2 years to prove he is a leader and a QB you can win with and he has proven anything BUT, yet you still defend his honor in the face of almost comical support.

I'm not sure why you like Orton so much and it really doesn't matter I suppose, but I do believe it taints your view of reality when it comes to the QB position for the Denver Broncos.

Like I said, he will be traded, and hopefully soon, and hopefully Denver will get good compensation for him, and whether it's Tebow, Quinn, or someone else, let's hope the next QB plays with heart, passion, and leadership, because this team has been void of that for a long time.

I said, don't be a fool, and you decided to be a fool, anyway.

I watched the first game the Broncos ever played, son. I was in on the
contest to name the new Denver franchise back in 1959. I'm not some little
12-year-old AOLer with a crush on a player. So don't make a bigger fool of
yourself than you already have, son. Come back to earth . . .

-----

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
for John to say almost anything else would have done one or all of 3 things........
1) diminished Orton's trade value

2)led Tebow to believe he's a lock for starter and does'nt have to earn it (which probably would'nt affect his desire and effort to achieve it anyway)

3)closed the door on potential trades for any QB....(quinn) on the roster.

It seems to me that John is be rather vague.

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 04:24 PM
I said, don't be a fool, and you decided to be a fool, anyway.

I watched the first game the Broncos ever played, son. I was in on the
contest to name the new Denver franchise back in 1959. I'm not some little
12-year-old AOLer with a crush on a player. So don't make a bigger fool of
yourself than you already have, son. Come back to earth . . .

-----

I'm your son? Cool, where's my back allowance for all these years? Also, age doesn't make one smart, I know plenty of geezers who are idiots, it only makes one experienced. I never said you have a "crush" on Orton, just an unhealthy obsession maybe...

topscribe
02-02-2011, 04:25 PM
BTW, I have unsubscribed from this thread and will not be reading any replies.

-----

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 04:25 PM
As to be expected... :coffee:

BroncoWave
02-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Mason has a pretty good article on it. I'm too lazy to copy and paste right now so just go read it for yourselves!

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2011/02/02/five-reasons-why-elways-statements-on-the-quarterbacks-arent-a-surprise/

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Mason has a pretty good article on it. I'm too lazy to copy and paste right now so just go read it for yourselves!

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2011/02/02/five-reasons-why-elways-statements-on-the-quarterbacks-arent-a-surprise/

:2thumbs:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 04:53 PM

In his 5 reasons for what Elway said, he pretty much states what different posters have already stated here, except he also throws the CBA into the mix, which makes sense.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 04:59 PM
In his 5 reasons for what Elway said, he pretty much states what different posters have already stated here, except he also throws the CBA into the mix, which makes sense.

Legwold said in one of his Q&A segments that the Broncos do really believe in Tebow but if there is a prolonged lockout then Orton might return as the starter because they would want Tebow to have the benefit of a full offseason.

SOCALORADO.
02-02-2011, 05:03 PM
denver – five reasons why john elway’s statements to the nfl network about kyle orton being the broncos’ starting quarterback (if they played today) and the potential for competition between orton and second-year quarterback tim tebow aren’t a surprise:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Legwold said in one of his Q&A segments that the Broncos do really believe in Tebow but if there is a prolonged lockout then Orton might return as the starter because they would want Tebow to have the benefit of a full offseason.

one of the 5 reasons maxdenver also stated:

from article

2. A potential lockout could mean no offseason. That would mean no workouts at the team facility for Tebow and no chances for extended teaching sessions with offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and quarterbacks coach Adam Gase. Those sessions are at least as important to his development — if not more — than his offseason workouts.

there is more to this point in the article than I posted. maxdenver makes some very valid points in his article as to why John said what he did.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
fyi

Mason is probably spot on with his assesment.

LSIGRAD09
02-02-2011, 05:19 PM
If it will give us the best chance. I don't agree, but I accept.

SOCALORADO.
02-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Mason is probably spot on with his assesment.

^ Agree.

Ravage!!!
02-02-2011, 05:24 PM
so what? this is months ahead of time. DOesn't mean much, because we aren't playing football today or tomorrow. If we actually were, he might be saying something different.

This is just Elway telling EVERYONE, no one is being handed the job. Tebow has a LOT to learn... a LOT. As of right now, Orton has the experience to at least hold the reigns for a rebuilding team.

This is really no news.

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I think they are truly protecting their trade value in Orton.

However, if it looks like Mopey is going to start for us again next year, then the lock is going right back on the wallet.

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 05:30 PM
so what? this is months ahead of time. DOesn't mean much, because we aren't playing football today or tomorrow. If we actually were, he might be saying something different.

This is just Elway telling EVERYONE, no one is being handed the job. Tebow has a LOT to learn... a LOT. As of right now, Orton has the experience to at least hold the reigns for a rebuilding team.

This is really no news.

What's wrong with handing Tebow the job? :confused:

After all, it was handed to Orton! He didn't have to earn it through competition in 09! The way McD set up camp, he didn't have to in 10 either!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 05:45 PM

After all, it was handed to Orton! He didn't have to earn it through competition in 09! The way McD set up camp, he didn't have to in 10 either!

Orton has had many more starts in his career than Tebow has.

cuzz4169
02-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Handing Tebow the Job was done when he was drafted in the first round...I swear I better not have to watch Orton again this year. Tebow is not a guy I worry about getting lazy bc he is named the starting QB.

My thought is this, Elway is not showing his hand..there isnt a CBA in place...cant make a trade so why start any speculations of a trade. Let the media & fans make up their own stories none are coming from the front office. I don't think we can up his trade value it is what it is...but we sure could lower it. Teams know if Tebow is named starter Denver is rebuilding there is no way they keep Orton as an 8.8m backup. Orton is a 4th rd trade value 3rd at best, shot I wouldn't be surprised if we get less and I really don't care just get him out of here. yes yes other guys who aren't as good went for more but every situation is different.

If Orton is named the starter I would question everything Denver is doing!! I really wanna puke just reading Elway said Orton would be the starter "today"

PAINTERDAVE
02-02-2011, 06:04 PM
In the interview Elway did with Jim Rome...

He said that he did not know if Tebow was gonna be great...
he said that will only be discovered after a few years under center.

Elway made it sound like Tebow would be getting his shot...

Rome moved on... it was like not a big pressing point of contention.

So later in the day... I hear this other interview...
and Elway was getting pressured to declare...
he danced around the issue and said what he said.

Legwold reports it.

It aint no big change of any thing.....
same stuff we have been hearing all along.

Kyle has the experience.. the steady old workhorse...
Tebow has the talent and possibility of greatness.

No news here... just setting up trade bait...
and motivating the young pup.

It's all good in the neighborhood.

arapaho2
02-02-2011, 06:05 PM

because if we can trade him its more benificial for us to trade a potential starter than a qb delegated to backing up a 2nd year qb

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 06:11 PM
because if we can trade him its more benificial for us to trade a potential starter than a qb delegated to backing up a 2nd year qb

I am not sure I follow you, Arapaho.

I am all for naming Tebow the starter and moving on. Orton is too weak in character to back up Tebow.

I don't buy the argument that Tebow "has to compete" for a job that Orton never competed for. Don't tell me it is about the locker room either! Orton never competed for the job.

So for me, I believe this is being done to head off any possible miguided perceptions that the Broncos would simply release Orton....i.e they are protecting any trade value they have in him.

I am not one who believes Tebow will lead us to the Super Bowl and will be an elite QB. Truthfully, I don't know enough about the guy. However, I do know enough about Orton and the bottom line is I don't want that guy anywhere near the starting lineup as the Broncos QB!

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Orton has had many more starts in his career than Tebow has.

Exactly! Orton has had enough starts for even the most simple of fans to be able to discern what he is and is not capable of.

I think more people than not would agree that Orton needs a superb team around him to be successful.

What I don't know is what Tebow can do. I do know in the 3 games he started I sure liked what I saw in that Broncos team than any other point in the season save for the game where McD probably had film on KC.

rcsodak
02-02-2011, 06:35 PM
And what he said makes perfect sense to anybody with a clear mind.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

arapaho2
02-02-2011, 06:38 PM

I am all for naming Tebow the starter and moving on. Orton is too weak in character to back up Tebow.

I don't buy the argument that Tebow "has to compete" for a job that Orton never competed for. Don't tell me it is about the locker room either! Orton never competed for the job.

So for me, I believe this is being done to head off any possible miguided perceptions that the Broncos would simply release Orton....i.e they are protecting any trade value they have in him.

I am not one who believes Tebow will lead us to the Super Bowl and will be an elite QB. Truthfully, I don't know enough about the guy. However, I do know enough about Orton and the bottom line is I don't want that guy anywhere near the starting lineup as the Broncos QB!

step back and look at the big picture....assuming the broncos have faith in tebow devoloping into a qb...orton is gone...right?

now if the broncos are going to trade orton...would we get more from a team in need for a starting qb that can put up good numbers...or a qb benched in favor of of a qb deemed to be a 2-3 yr project?

kinda how i think josh hurt the trade value of marshall by trashing him

other GM to elway....i see orton is the projected starter...would the broncos feel confindent enough in tebow to trade orton for our 2nd ..elway...deal!!!
other gm to elway...i see you named tebow the starter....how about we take that potential qb conflict off your hands and give you a 4th for orton

savvey?

claymore
02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
If Tebow isnt the man, I hope we can find the man soon. Cause orton aint it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 06:43 PM

Orton was not named the starting QB until June 09, per the following article, so he did compete for the job.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12586639

rcsodak
02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Maxx explains it perfectly.

chazoe60
02-02-2011, 06:46 PM

Exactly, no sense in hurting the lame duck's trade value. Any clear minded person would see that.

PAINTERDAVE
02-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Exactly! Orton has had enough starts for even the most simple of fans to be able to discern what he is and is not capable of.

I think more people than not would agree that Orton needs a superb team around him to be successful.

What I don't know is what Tebow can do. I do know in the 3 games he started I sure liked what I saw in that Broncos team than any other point in the season save for the game where McD probably had film on KC.

Yes.

We need to use Tebow in this rebuilding year...
to find out what if he has what it takes.
If Tebow aint the future QB for this team...
we need to know.... and draft another QB who is gnna be ... in 2012.
Sitting Tebow only stalls the process for an extra year.
It really makes no sense.

rcsodak
02-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes.

We need to use Tebow in this rebuilding year...
to find out what if he has what it takes.
If Tebow aint the future QB for this team...
we need to know.... and draft another QB who is gnna be ... in 2012.
Sitting Tebow only stalls the process for an extra year.
It really makes no sense.
Well, I pray they give him(if that's the endgame) MORE than just 1 season, dave.

nevcraw
02-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I for one would love love love to see Elway gush on Tebow and declare him the starter from here on in.. it would give stability to a team and comfort to a fan base who just wants something real and something / someone worth hitching it's wagon too.

But as a fan I can be impulsive, irrational and easily swayed by the emotions of this wonderful game.. But that's why I am not the GM. and shitty at Madden too as I like to go for it on 4th and 30 from the 2.. but I digress..
Even though it stings just little that Elway is not ready to annoyt anything to anyone it is the right thing to do and the correct business move. If nothing else - Elway's proving he is a man with a plan and not ready to show his hand..

spikerman
02-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure Elway was just trying to boost his trade value. If you consider that Fox will probably run a very conservative offense - if the coaching staff doesn't have an opportunity to work with TT for an offseason on his reads and protecting the ball, then using a QB who, while he won't make many big plays, won't make a ton of mistakes either, it makes a lot of sense.

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 07:29 PM
There is NO WAY Fox and Elway can trot Orton onto the field next season if Tebow is healthy and able to play. Every 3rd down incomplete he will be booed relentlessly. The fans want Tebow, the fans pay the bills, it isn't difficult.

Orton was done the second Tebow took the field as the starter.

rcsodak
02-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Madmaxx.com. Mason 'splains it for the foggy headed

Dzone
02-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Wow. That sucks. Elway keeps showing that he is not a Tebow fan. Lets hope he was just trying to boast Ortons trade value.

chazoe60
02-02-2011, 08:04 PM
DMac on 104.3 TheFan just stated that his Bronco's insiders, that he trusts, have told him recently that there is 0% chance Kyle Orton is a Bronco next season.

spikerman
02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
DMac on 104.3 TheFan just stated that his Bronco's insiders, that he trusts, have told him recently that there is 0% chance Kyle Orton is a Bronco next season.

So you're saying there's a chance........

chazoe60
02-02-2011, 08:16 PM

Yeah, there's a chance the Broncos will be entertaining next season.

Northman
02-02-2011, 08:17 PM

http://www.whattodoabout.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Jim-Carrey-Dumb-Dumber-C10102378.jpg

powderaddict
02-02-2011, 08:47 PM

:lol:

That's pretty funny

Although I'm with Dmac on this one

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 08:48 PM
DALLAS — Making the rounds at the Super Bowl today, John Elway said the Denver Broncos have plenty of decisions to make on their roster, including starting quarterback.

While most football fans in the free world assumed Tim Tebow had already been declared the Broncos starting quarterback for the 2011 season, Elway said that's not the case.

Asked if Kyle Orton was still the team's starting quarterback, Elway said: "If we had to go right now, but we've got to make a decision about where we're going to go. In my mind we've got to figure what we're going to do offensively at that position and that's why I'm not guaranteeing anybody's going to start."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17272243

chazoe60
02-02-2011, 09:03 PM
DALLAS — Making the rounds at the Super Bowl today, John Elway said the Denver Broncos have plenty of decisions to make on their roster, including starting quarterback.

While most football fans in the free world assumed Tim Tebow had already been declared the Broncos starting quarterback for the 2011 season, Elway said that's not the case.

Asked if Kyle Orton was still the team's starting quarterback, Elway said: "If we had to go right now, but we've got to make a decision about where we're going to go. In my mind we've got to figure what we're going to do offensively at that position and that's why I'm not guaranteeing anybody's going to start."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17272243

Wow! That's what Orton fans are holding onto as some sort of ringing endorsement? :laugh:

My guess as to what will happen is we trade Orton and bring in Delhomme to be a mentor to Tebow. Remember when Delhomme when he was a younger he was a mobile playmaking type of QB. He was actually really good at improvising before the wheels fell off of his career. Foxy loves him and he is a standup guy and did a great job of mentoring McCoy in Cleveland. This is what I think ends up happening.

I Eat Staples
02-02-2011, 09:06 PM
How many people didn't notice that it says "staring" rather than "starting" in the title?

horsepig
02-02-2011, 09:14 PM
IMO - right now, John is not saying any thing any differently than anyone else in his position would say - i.e. Orton was the starting QB, Orton is still on the roster, if Orton is not traded, training camp/preseason is where it is determined who the starting QB will be, unless you have an established starter as Brady, Manning(s), etc.

John is saying the right things. There is no need to talk up TT for a trade, that would be plain nuts.

The thing is, everybody else in the league and the msm knows Orton's value, and it aint much.

I say dump Quinn (except for TC competition fodder) and keep Orton, if he'll stay, as the backup. TT might be the one QB, plus Vick, who really needs to have a solid backup.

Coaches are sometimes so ******* conservative it boggles the mind. Look at Lovi playing Collins, what a frikken joke! Let the kid, Caleb Haney from CSU, play. Collins has proven for YEARS that he can't do it, as had Simms, etc..

KCL
02-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Contradict much? Dude nothing personal but you're like a broken record.
That is all.

chazoe60
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
John is saying the right things. There is no need to talk up TT for a trade, that would be plain nuts.

The thing is, everybody else in the league and the msm knows Orton's value, and it aint much.

I say dump Quinn (except for TC competition fodder) and keep Orton, if he'll stay, as the backup. TT might be the one QB, plus Vick, who really needs to have a solid backup.

Coaches are sometimes so ******* conservative it boggles the mind. Look at Lovi playing Collins, what a frikken joke! Let the kid, Caleb Haney from CSU, play. Collins has proven for YEARS that he can't do it, as had Simms, etc..

The problem is; that dullard bOreton has made it abundantly clear he will not except a backup roll. Also, he shows no willingness to mentor Tebow so keeping him and not gaining the draft pick we could get for him in trade is not a smart move, especially considering the minute amount of value he brings to the team.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Orton was not named the starting QB until June 09, per the following article, so he did compete for the job.

Carol being named the starter before the start of camp means he didn't have to compete for the job.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Carol being named the starter before the start of camp means he didn't have to compete for the job.

From same article I posted:

"We said from Day One that when it was clear and apparent to us through the number of practices, meetings that you evaluate the quarterback on, that we would make a decision and we have," McDaniels said. "That does not mean there won't be competition now or in training camp, because there will be. Chris has a great attitude. He will continue to push. Kyle has the job right now, but we'll see if he can keep it."

Simms made no excuses, acknowledging Orton prevailed because he was better at decision-making.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 09:33 PM

I wouldn't put Orton's chances at zero. I think Legwold is right if there is a lockout that last all the way into August Orton would more likely stay and he would probably start because they want Tebow to have full camp to work with McCoy and Gase.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM
From same article I posted:

He was named the starter before camp even started. I don't care what McDaniels said publicly about competition was a farce. When Kyle was named the starter it was over.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
He was named the starter before camp even started. I don't care what McDaniels said publicly about competition was a farce. When Kyle was named the starter it was over.

They hold a QB camp before training camp.

DenBronx
02-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Look on the bright side. If Orton is the starter next season then we will almost be guaranteed to be in perfect position to draft Andrew Luck in 2012.

:coffee:

We spent a pretty penny for Tebow in the 1st. Play his ass!

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 10:01 PM
They hold a QB camp before training camp.

I believe that article was posted before the start of quarterback camp. Nevertheless McDaniels claimed that he going to wait until camp to make his decision which obviously he didn't. McDaniels said boat load of things that weren't true. Orton was going to be the starter given the circumstances.

honz
02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
What John didn't mention was that Orton would start today because Tebow is out of the country building houses alone by hand in Liberian ghettos. He gets back tomorrow.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
What John didn't mention was that Orton would start today because Tebow is out of the country building houses alone by hand in Liberian ghettos. He gets back tomorrow.

That is incorrect he will be going to Liberian ghettos in about month. Right now he's putting the finishing touches on his cure for cancer.

JDL
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Let me get this straight

Tebow is awesome already, Orton is total garbage, You're therefore scared Tebow can't beat out Orton..... uhhhhhhhhh huhhhhhhhh.... That's pretty funny.

If Tebow IS that guy, then stop wetting your pants over all this nonsense.

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM

That was nothing but lip service, Carol.

The truth is McDaniels was different than Shanahan and Reeves in that McDaniels didn't necessarily play the best player. He played the players he could trust-a big reason Royal had a down year in 09 and Hillis was non-existant!

If it was a true and open competition, how come Orton was named the starter so early? How come Orton always got the majority of reps with the #1's?

Finally, when Orton stunk it up at the Invesco practice in 09 (inciting the Orton Hears a Boo remarks) how come the coaching staff didn't look into Chris Simms more?

I am not arguing with you but there was never a competition. Shoot, even Brandstater-who legitimately could have pushed Orton was simply released!

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 10:54 PM
step back and look at the big picture....assuming the broncos have faith in tebow devoloping into a qb...orton is gone...right?

now if the broncos are going to trade orton...would we get more from a team in need for a starting qb that can put up good numbers...or a qb benched in favor of of a qb deemed to be a 2-3 yr project?

kinda how i think josh hurt the trade value of marshall by trashing him

other GM to elway....i see orton is the projected starter...would the broncos feel confindent enough in tebow to trade orton for our 2nd ..elway...deal!!!
other gm to elway...i see you named tebow the starter....how about we take that potential qb conflict off your hands and give you a 4th for orton

savvey?
We're arguing the same thing, brother. Elway is protecting Orton's trade value and nothing more. :salute:

One thing to consider is this-Elway may be protecting the Locker room as well. Say the CBA doesn't get figured out until late and the BRONCOS CANNOT move Orton because of it and he remains a Bronco-all this talk will put the onus on him. He wont be able to claim the team/FO/new coaching staff was against him.

BroncoStud
02-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't put Orton's chances at zero. I think Legwold is right if there is a lockout that last all the way into August Orton would more likely stay and he would probably start because they want Tebow to have full camp to work with McCoy and Gase.

There isn't going to be a lockout, NO WAY the NFL lets that happen, they stand to lose BILLIONS. Goodell isn't that stupid, he'll get a deal done.

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure Elway was just trying to boost his trade value. If you consider that Fox will probably run a very conservative offense - if the coaching staff doesn't have an opportunity to work with TT for an offseason on his reads and protecting the ball, then using a QB who, while he won't make many big plays, won't make a ton of mistakes either, it makes a lot of sense.

We saw that in 09 and Orton's inability to improvise and make plays with his legs killed the O. That lesson has been learned.

If this team is going to be run heavy or at least more balanced, then that is more reason to feel comfortable with Tebow because his mechanics and other quirks matter less. Also, teams will still have to respect his ability to make plays with his feet. Whereas with Orton, they can stack the box and pile up phantom sacks.

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 11:05 PM
One other thing to consider, which is most certainly on Bowlen's radar, is this team isn't going to be turning things around overnight. There are deficiencies in a lot of areas. Bowlen will still want to keep some enthusiasm around the team and sell tickets.

Now who is going to sell tickets and fill seats in the stadium, Tebow or Orton?

dogfish
02-03-2011, 01:25 AM
There isn't going to be a lockout, NO WAY the NFL lets that happen, they stand to lose BILLIONS. Goodell isn't that stupid, he'll get a deal done.

i'd obviously love to believe that, but goodell's only the third party at best to all this-- the owners are number one, the players union number two. . . and demaurice smith probably has as much influence as goodell, and it's been suggested that smith puts his own career ahead of the interests of the game or any other parties. . .

we'll see. . . they truly are idiots if they don't get it done, but the world is full of stubborn idiots. . . hockey was locked out recently, and it's said the NBA has no resolution in sight and could lose a big chunk of its next season. . .

bcbronc
02-03-2011, 02:31 AM

TX, just because Simms and Quinn shit the bed doesn't mean there wasn't competition. I mean did you see Simms play when Orton got hurt? :eek:

One other thing to consider, which is most certainly on Bowlen's radar, is this team isn't going to be turning things around overnight. There are deficiencies in a lot of areas. Bowlen will still want to keep some enthusiasm around the team and sell tickets.

Now who is going to sell tickets and fill seats in the stadium, Tebow or Orton?

I really, really hope this is how all personal decisions get made going forward. with today's technology, Twitter etc, it's outrageous that we the fans (or at least the season ticket holders) don't get to vote in the starters each week.

rcsodak
02-03-2011, 06:55 AM
TX, just because Simms and Quinn shit the bed doesn't mean there wasn't competition. I mean did you see Simms play when Orton got hurt? :eek:

I really, really hope this is how all personal decisions get made going forward. with today's technology, Twitter etc, it's outrageous that we the fans (or at least the season ticket holders) don't get to vote in the starters each week.
Well, by reading some commentaries out there, you might find some that think that's exactly why McD was kicked to the curb before his plan was complete. That Mr B heard/saw the upheavel and gave in to the masses.
Personally, I would hope people with years of experience in something would be careful about listening to others that are emotionally attached.

TXBRONC
02-03-2011, 10:19 AM

If the owners and the NFLPA don't have an agreement signed, sealed and delivered by sometime next month there will be a lockout until such time as there is one. If Goodell had the power to end the gridlock don't you think he would have done so already?

TXBRONC
02-03-2011, 10:21 AM

Why would I believe McDaniels when he lied repeatedly?

PAINTERDAVE
02-03-2011, 10:34 AM
If the owners and the NFLPA don't have an agreement signed, sealed and delivered by sometime next month there will be a lockout until such time as there is one. If Goodell had the power to end the gridlock don't you think he would have do so already?

Some time ago...
the players have offered to extend the existing contract
for another year...
while the new contract is worked out...

The owners said "No Dice."

That says to me the owners are prepared to play hardball.

With no guarantee of a rookie cap...
I would not be surprised to see Denver trade down.
We need more picks anyway...

Someone will want to trade up to snag Peterson.
Maybe Dallas, at #10... I hear Jones wants him.

NightTrainLayne
02-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Some time ago...
for another year...

This is news to me. Do you have a link?

GEM
02-03-2011, 10:45 AM
This is news to me. Do you have a link?

I don't know where to find a link, but they did mention it on Mike & Mike the other morning.

chazoe60
02-03-2011, 10:48 AM
My understanding is the the original contract was to run through 2012 but the owners had an opt out clause built into the contract and decided to exercise that option, thus terminating the contract early.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I found the following yesterday, and posted it in another thread. There is all kinds of stuff on it, showing what has taken place on certain dates.

http://nfllabor.com/

TXBRONC
02-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Some time ago...
for another year...

That says to me the owners are prepared to play hardball.

With no guarantee of a rookie cap...
I would not be surprised to see Denver trade down.
We need more picks anyway...

Someone will want to trade up to snag Peterson.
Maybe Dallas, at #10... I hear Jones wants him.

The owners have leverage but I think that will only go so far, eventually the clock will start working against them if they don't get an agreement worked out with NFLPA.

vandammage13
02-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to sell a car. It usually breaks down a couple of times during the work year, and has been known to get a flat tire or two. The car will get you from point A to point B sometimes, but just don't expect it to run too efficiently or get good gas mileage. I don't really have much use for it anymore, since I just got a new car and I don't expect to be driving the this one much anymore. Also, this car is going to cost me more money next year than the new one will even though I don't even plan on using it. I really would like to get rid of this thing, especially since it has let me down more often than not ever since I got it 2 years ago. I'm asking $30,000 for it.

Why would I make a sales pitch like this if my goal is to maximize the value of it? It would be pretty dumb for Elway to say anything to diminish the value of what he's going to get rid of.

chazoe60
02-03-2011, 11:40 AM
I can not for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to continue watching Kyle Orton "lead" this team. It is mind-numbing.

Juriga72
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to sell a car. It usually breaks down a couple of times during the work year, and has been known to get a flat tire or two. The car will get you from point A to point B sometimes, but just don't expect it to run too efficiently or get good gas mileage. I don't really have much use for it anymore, since I just got a new car and I don't expect to be driving the this one much anymore. Also, this car is going to cost me more money next year than the new one will even though I don't even plan on using it. I really would like to get rid of this thing, especially since it has let me down more often than not ever since I got it 2 years ago. I'm asking $30,000 for it.

Why would I make a sales pitch like this if my goal is to maximize the value of it? It would be pretty dumb for Elway to say anything to diminish the value of what he's going to get rid of.

Of course the flip side is thus:

You KNOW that a certain car dealer is selling a car that breaksdown every so often, and cannot get you to and back to works safely...BUT They are going to charge you even more than a brand new car...

WOULD you ever go back to THAT car dealer again? I wouldn't...

Lonestar
02-03-2011, 12:16 PM

You have to remember that some folks hate Josh so much that any thing he touched has to be condemned
All logic goes right out the window. Kind of like cut your nose off to spite your face.

They want Tebow at any cost. Because Orton replaced their precious jaybthe man with a canon arm but nothing between the ears.

While I believe Tebow is the future I'm willing to let the pros make those decisions on What is BEST for the team.
Whether that means getting MAX value for Orton ina trade or him as a starter for another year while Tebow learns.

chazoe60
02-03-2011, 12:23 PM
You have to remember that some folks hate Josh so much that any thing he touched has to be condemned
All logic goes right out the window. Kind of like cut your nose off to spite your face.

They want Tebow at any cost. Because Orton replaced their precious jaybthe man with a canon arm but nothing between the ears.

While I believe Tebow is the future I'm willing to let the pros make those decisions on What is BEST for the team.
Whether that means getting MAX value for Orton ina trade or him as a starter for another year while Tebow learns.
But wasn't it McD who drafted Tebow? Kind of puts a little hole in your theory doesn't it.

People don't like Kyle as the QB of this team because he's not good when it matters. It's pretty evident to see actually.

dogfish
02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I can not for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to continue watching Kyle Orton "lead" this team. It is mind-numbing.

i at least halfway want it just because it's so entertaining listening to you bitch about him. . . .

:heh:

TXBRONC
02-03-2011, 12:37 PM
But wasn't it McD who drafted Tebow? Kind of puts a little hole in your theory doesn't it.

People don't like Kyle as the QB of this team because he's not good when it matters. It's pretty evident to see actually.

:nod: If I hated everything that McDaniels did wouldn't hesitate to criticize every pick and every personnel move he ever made. There are some people that hate a pick because of the coach and some hate them just because they were chosen to eventually take place one of their favorite player and for some it's a combination of the two.

chazoe60
02-03-2011, 12:39 PM
i at least halfway want it just because it's so entertaining listening to you bitch about him. . . .

That's why I'm here, to entertain you.

TXBRONC
02-03-2011, 12:42 PM

If it keeps you away the ledge I'm all for it. :beer:

BroncoJoe
02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Not trying to spam (I posted this in another thread as well), but it pretty much sums up my feelings toward some of the threads lately.

http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2010_11/Care_Factory.jpg

CoachChaz
02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
This thread is 8 pages of proof that the off-season is boring. Do we really give a damn what Elway thinks about the QB situation in February or even why he thinks it?

Juriga72
02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
This thread is 8 pages of proof that the off-season is boring. Do we really give a damn what Elway thinks about the QB situation in February or even why he thinks it?

Unless Elway is telling Fox "Start Orton no matter what" next year... Let him talk up Kyle's trade status....IMHO

CoachChaz
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Unless Elway is telling Fox "Start Orton no matter what" next year... Let him talk up Kyle's trade status....IMHO

I guess I just see it differently. I think execs around the league heare this and have 1 of 2 responses.

1. "Wow...Dnver is screwed again"

or

2. "Wow...if Elway says Orton would start, he must be good"

I gotta believe option 1 is the likely answer in most cases. I can tell you all day long that Brady Quinn has a ton of untapped potential, but unless your name is McDaniels, the odds of finding a trade partner willing to give up anything of value is slim. That being said...if it werent for Bradford...I'd be on the phone with STL immediately

Ravage!!!
02-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Wow... can this be added into the dictionary as an example of hypocrisy?

Traveler
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Elway says Orton not out of Broncos' QB starting picture
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post

Asked if Orton is still the team's starting quarterback, Elway responded: "If we had to go right now, but we've got to make a decision about where we're going to go. In my mind, we've got to figure out what we're going to do offensively at that position, and that's why I'm not guaranteeing anybody's going to start."

Asked Wednesday if Fox, a coach with an extended pedigree on defense, had to sell him on his plan for the Broncos' offense during the interview process Elway said: "Yeah, we talked about it quite a bit. It really doesn't come down to the system, but rather the attitude on offense. That's what we're talking about, the aggressive type offense, what we want to do on offense to win football games, not to just sit back and try to win them on defense.

"We've had many discussions on that. As long as we get it done and stay aggressive, I think we're on the same page there."

Read more: Elway says Orton not out of Broncos' QB starting picture - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17276932#ixzz1Cve4zvhM
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Two nice quotes from the article. Glad to hear Elway isn't going to let the offense be the second coming of the Dan Reeves era.

Lonestar
02-03-2011, 04:08 PM

I guess I did not make myself totally clear excepting Tebow and maybe the rookie OL guys, most folk here hate anything that Josh did. Even some hated the Tebow pick and whined about it till late in the season when even they jumped on the Tebow wagon that some of us were on from in my case a few days befoe the draft and a few others on draft day.

I think it is safe to say there a some that hate anything to do with Josh and every thing he touched or did.

I also think that Some are still in love with jaysus and who ever replaced him will feel their wrath.

Ravage!!!
02-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Unlike those that hated Cutler for being drafted to replace Plummer, I think its ridiculous to ever suggest that Tebow "replaced" Jay at all. Jay wasn't even on the roster when Tebow was drafted.

nevcraw
02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I guess I did not make myself totally clear excepting Tebow and maybe the rookie OL guys, most folk here hate anything that Josh did. Even some hated the Tebow pick and whined about it till late in the season when even they jumped on the Tebow wagon that some of us were on from in my case a few days befoe the draft and a few others on draft day.

I think it is safe to say there a some that hate anything to do with Josh and every thing he touched or did.

I also think that Some are still in love with jaysus and who ever replaced him will feel their wrath.

Lstar -
question for ya: do you actually retype these words over and over or do you cut and paste for speed? I was hoping for a tutorial for the best way to :deadhorse:
what works best when you want to get a point across (just one) every couple of years?
just curious.. Thanks much! :salute:

Lonestar
02-03-2011, 04:42 PM
To say the least there are also a few folks that think Orton is not a bum either and has value either as a starter or trade bait.

Lonestar
02-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Lstar -
question for ya: do you actually retype these words over and over or do you cut and paste for speed? I was hoping for a tutorial for the best way to :deadhorse:
what works best when you want to get a point across (just one) every couple of years?
just curious.. Thanks much! :salute:

If and when I figure out how to copy on this damned iPhone. I just might cut and paste.
Right now just typing with my thick fingers is a chore.

Juriga72
02-03-2011, 04:50 PM
To say the least there are also a few folks that think Orton is not a bum either and has value either as a starter or trade bait.

You do understand that even Jimmy Clausen is the ONLY starting NFL qb who had worse 3rd down stats than Kyle right....? barely at that too....

GEM
02-03-2011, 05:00 PM

You mean there are people who hate Josh as much as you hate "Jaysus"

:rolleyes: The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

arapaho2
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM

look jr...we dont hate everything you did...just most of it...just the parts that ran down a proud franchise...just the parts that resorted the broncos to spygate 2 to win a muthaflubbin game...just the self centered egotistical personal moves...the stupid drafting a talent evaluation...the micromanaging...the chaseing away the best DC we have had in years..the stupidity of drafting moreno at 12 when we had better backs on the roster

personaly i like tebow...wasnt trilled with the means to get him when we needed defense...i have hopes for decker, walton beadles...nice picks

claymore
02-03-2011, 07:58 PM

I remember you balking at the idea of drafting Tebow before the daft.

BroncoStud
02-03-2011, 08:36 PM

Worst post in this thread, and there are some bad ones...:elefant:

bcbronc
02-03-2011, 09:06 PM

who are you proposing should have started WK1 over Orton either year?

I never get why people carry on like Orton was ever a long term consideration. When the previous regime decided to go a different way at QB, everyone knew the long term replacement wasn't going to be coming back the other way. That's just not the way a trade is going to work...you don't trade a good QB for a good QB.

That's why Xanders brought in Simms, Quinn, Brandstater and Tebow...to try to find his head coach a fit under centre. Orton was simply a stop gap while we transitioned systems. Remember, they only tendered Orton as a FA. it was only after seeing that Tebow was going to need more time than originally anticipated, did Xanders extend Orton.

Orton was brought in to be a solid veteran stop gap while we found our next QBotF. he did that, and exceeded expectations in the process (if you expected Orton to actually play better than he did when he was here, you were smoking crackers).

I don't get all the hate for the guy. He's not the most talented guy by any stretch, but he gave what he had.

jhildebrand
02-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Brandstater :coffee:

Lonestar
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
who are you proposing should have started WK1 over Orton either year? never get why people carry on like Orton was ever a long term consideration. When the previous regime decided to go a different way at QB, everyone knew the long term replacement wasn't going to be coming back the other way. That's just not the way a trade is going to work...you don't trade a good QB for a good QB. That's why Xanders brought in Simms, Quinn, Brandstater and Tebow...to try to find his head coach a fit under centre. Orton was simply a stop gap while we transitioned systems. Remember, they only tendered Orton as a FA. it was only after seeing that Tebow was going to need more time than originally anticipated, did Xanders extend Orton.
Orton was brought in to be a solid veteran stop gap while we found our next QBotF. he did that, and exceeded expectations in the process (if you expected Orton to actually play better than he did when he was here, you were smoking crackers). I don't get all the hate for the guy. He's not the most talented guy by any stretch, but he gave what he had.

Logical but will not be understood. By most.

Lonestar
02-03-2011, 09:54 PM

Only beause it may be directed near your stance on Josh And Orton.

I know my posituve attitude towards the broncos is not understood by most here, one of the reasons I spend about 90% less time here.than I used to

For example we are without electric power and frankly the only reason I'm doing this is it is the Only way to spend my time. ATT is up on it's tower but everything else is off.

Normally I only do this in the John, waiting rooms. Or airports. But yor the only entertUnment I have right now.

spikerman
02-03-2011, 10:05 PM
I know my posituve attitude towards the broncos is not understood by most here, one of the reasons I spend about 90% less time here.than I used to

You tell 'em Jr! I know that I, for one, looked for you to be the sunshine on my cloudy day when I was irritated at Shanahan for something. Don't ever lose that positive outlook. :beer:

On a side note, I could have lived without knowing that you could be posting while "using the facilities".

KCL
02-03-2011, 10:30 PM
one of the reasons I spend about 90% less time here.than I used to

For example we are without electric power and frankly the only reason I'm doing this is it is the Only way to spend my time. ATT is up on it's tower but everything else is off.

Who are you trying to kid? :lol: ;)

PAINTERDAVE
02-03-2011, 11:18 PM

I never get why people carry on like Orton was ever a long term consideration. When the previous regime decided to go a different way at QB, everyone knew the long term replacement wasn't going to be coming back the other way. That's just not the way a trade is going to work...you don't trade a good QB for a good QB.

That's why Xanders brought in Simms, Quinn, Brandstater and Tebow...to try to find his head coach a fit under centre. Orton was simply a stop gap while we transitioned systems. Remember, they only tendered Orton as a FA. it was only after seeing that Tebow was going to need more time than originally anticipated, did Xanders extend Orton.

Orton was brought in to be a solid veteran stop gap while we found our next QBotF. he did that, and exceeded expectations in the process (if you expected Orton to actually play better than he did when he was here, you were smoking crackers).

I don't get all the hate for the guy. He's not the most talented guy by any stretch, but he gave what he had.

And the other edge of this sword is that it secured Kyle's trade value here in 2011...
by playing him another season we will stall our rebuild and lose the benefit of trading Kyle.

Signing Orton to a multi year expensive deal is just NOT gonna happen.

jhildebrand
02-03-2011, 11:18 PM

So my Brandstater post was serious but.......after thinking about this for a minute I thought I would respond some more.

Xanders brought those people in or McDaniels did? :confused: Becuase to hear it from Xanders, McDaniels did it all.

Second, not long after taking this job McDaniels insisted this team was on the brink especially offensively and he was going to improve them immensely. To make matters worse, McDaniels felt exactly the opposite about Orton as your argument. He even stated it publicly several times. I recall talk of him winning and being a smart QB and McD having watched every single play of Orton's pro career. I also recall McD explaining how they chose Orton over Jason Campbell.

The problem is McDaniels was wrong about Orton! He was wrong and the fans realized it and McDaniels refused to accept/acknowledge it.

I don't buy the theory that a coach/fo/team trades a ProBowl QB at the dawn of his career, regardless of reason, with the idea/expectation of simply getting a stop gap QB in the mean time.

chazoe60
02-04-2011, 12:13 AM

I don't like Orton because of his attitude once benched. He has made comments and acted as though he should be thought of as an elite QB whose job should be set in stone. That annoys me greatly.

I also bitch about Orton so much because the thought of watching another season with him under center makes me sick to my stomach. For me, he is almost unwatchable as a football player. I felt that way last season as well but I decided to give him a season to see what he was all about.

The game that absolutely shoved me over the edge as far as Orton is considered was the SF game in London. I don't know if I have ever witnessed a more pathetic excuse of a game. The "Phantom Sack" and the dive two yards shy of a first down were two of the more disgusting plays I have witnessed. Playing bad because you're not good enough is one thing, giving up on third down and falling to the fetal position without being touched is another. I can not root for someone who would do that.

That game was just the final straw for me. But, it was building since last season. It's not an indictment on him as a human being just as a football player. Although the entitled attitude has convinced me he's not the "good guy" some think he is.

I just know that if he is starting next season it will sure make those "go hunting and DVR the game to watch later, or hunt hard Sat. and come home to watch the game live?" decisions a Hell of a lot easier to make.

Lonestar
02-04-2011, 02:35 AM

Once again you mistake the blind hatered of Josh with my being objective of jay.

I wanted nagata or any DL type not a loser QB. And that is what he is. And most likey will be if they so not fix their oline and wr Corp in chi.

Yes he was QB of record and got to the playoffs but then got totally exposed before giving up on the team.

But then I flat think he is a head case and have since 06 late in the year.

Please do not allow my honesty about Jim to stop the unfettered love lots of BF members have shown time and again.

Lonestar
02-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Who are you trying to kid? :lol: ;)

I guess you HHS not noticed that my post count is down from close to 30 a day to 6-8 if that.

Would not be that high if my prostrate did not have lots of porcelain throne calls.

Or lots of doctor visits, or all of the travel I have been doing.

Sorry but check out my posts 95% plus are via mobile.
Laugh as much as you like my passion for this site is way down. Some say it has changed for the better.
I'm one that does not feel that way.
Helped start it IIRC #3 or 4 pm the member list.

bcbronc
02-04-2011, 03:15 AM
[QUOTE]
Xanders brought those people in or McDaniels did? :confused: Becuase to hear it from Xanders, McDaniels did it all.

don't matter now, does it.

Second, not long after taking this job McDaniels insisted this team was on the brink especially offensively and he was going to improve them immensely. To make matters worse, McDaniels felt exactly the opposite about Orton as your argument. He even stated it publicly several times. I recall talk of him winning and being a smart QB and McD having watched every single play of Orton's pro career. I also recall McD explaining how they chose Orton over Jason Campbell.

oh, well, if he stated it publicly. "But everything McDaniels ever said was a lie." oh, well, maybe he didn't consider Orton his long term starter. "But he stated it publicly." etc

The problem is McDaniels was wrong about Orton! He was wrong and the fans realized it and McDaniels refused to accept/acknowledge it.

was he? Or was he exactly the guy he thought he was getting, more or less? bringing in four other QBs in 2 years suggests....

I don't buy the theory that a coach/fo/team trades a ProBowl QB at the dawn of his career, regardless of reason, with the idea/expectation of simply getting a stop gap QB in the mean time.

well, then you're not thinking about it logically. Why does a team with a good QB trade him for a QB? it makes no sense. If you're happy with yours, you're only going to trade for an upgrade. Obviously, the two 1sts involved show who was the perceived upgrade.

It's no different than when people claim the previous regime wanted to deal our starting QB straight up for Cassel. Um, why would NE have any interest in that? you don't trade equivalent level QBs for each other...maybe it's happened once or twice in history, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

It's pretty safe to say that when Xanders brought the deal to Bowlen to sign off on, everyone knew Orton was coming in as a stop gap.

[QUOTE=chazoe60;1205643]I don't like Orton because of his attitude once benched. He has made comments and acted as though he should be thought of as an elite QB whose job should be set in stone. That annoys me greatly.

right, cuz you'd react so much better. Orton wants to play, who can blame him. How many more chances do you think he's going to get as a #1? And he was benched for a guy the new VP said "isn't a good nfl QB" at this point in time.

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Once again you mistake the blind hatered of Josh with my being objective of jay.

I wanted nagata or any DL type not a loser QB. And that is what he is. And most likey will be if they so not fix their oline and wr Corp in chi.

Yes he was QB of record and got to the playoffs but then got totally exposed before giving up on the team.

Please do not allow my honesty about Jim to stop the unfettered love lots of BF members have shown time and again.

"Honesty"???? really?

Were you "honest" when you said-
"Hell NEVER make the playoffs"?- cause he did being carried less than Plummer did...NO team played its back ups against Cutler

"He'll never win a playoff game"- Because he has as many playoff wins as Plummer does....

"He quit on his team"- With the very same injury that Hines Ward took 2 weeks to play on after HE left his AFC championship game with.

Your blind hatred show just how little you really understand football. Saying that "Josh didn't have enough time" ...really? When someone is totally unqualified to do his job as Josh was..... YOU seem to think he needs more time to learn it at our cost.

Facts seem to only work for you, not against any of your points of view. Then the question is changed because you don't like the outcome.

yeah... sounds honest to me.

BroncoJoe
02-04-2011, 09:43 AM
This pretty much sums up with I think Elway was alluding to:

Kyle Orton is the Broncos' player rep and a staunch union leader. Ironically, an offseason shutdown may be his best chance of holding off Tim Tebow to keep his job as the Broncos' starting quarterback.

Let's say there's a lockout through the offseason, and a CBA settlement isn't reached until Sept. 1. The teams would have to hurry the players back for 10 days of training camp, one or two preseason games and, ready or not, new head coach John Fox and the Broncos would start the 2011 season.
Would Fox feel comfortable giving Tebow the starting job in those circumstances?

"Will we not be able to work with Tim during this offseason, and what happens if we don't see him until training camp?" Broncos boss John Elway said.

Barring an extended lockout, the Broncos are likely to go forward with Tebow and trade Orton. But a lockout through the offseason is likely.

Between a new head coach and a young quarterback who is still in an early development stage, an offseason lockout figures to damage the Broncos' football team more than most teams.

Read more: Klis: "Lockout" Batterman puts fear in NFL players - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_17288519#ixzz1D09J5r1t
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

TXBRONC
02-04-2011, 09:45 AM

You missed what I said. Whether or not Orton should have been named the starter isn't at issue. McDaniels claimed there would be a competition in camp but that never materialized. That's not on Orton that's on McDaniels. Btw, after McDaniels was ran out of town an article appeared in the DP that stated that at the end of '09 season McDaniels was ready to trade Orton and by some miracle his staff was able to talk him out if.

What I don't know why people have use pejoratives just because they don't agree with the argument. An assumption that it's about hating Orton isn't accurate the least and what has nothing to with like of dislike of Orton it's criticism of McDaniel.

BC your third paragraph isn't accurate. First, it wasn't Xanders that brought in Simms, Brandstater, Quinn and Tebow it was McDaniels who brought every last one of them in. Second, I know Orton is a stop gap many of us myself included for the last two years have been saying that very thing.

chazoe60
02-04-2011, 10:28 AM
right, cuz you'd react so much better. Orton wants to play, who can blame him. How many more chances do you think he's going to get as a #1? And he was benched for a guy the new VP said "isn't a good nfl QB" at this point in time.

How many times am I going to have to explain this to you? I don't care that he WANTS to be the starter, Hell I don't even care if the slug thinks he will be the starter. What I don't like is that he thinks he's ENTITLED to be the starter. He doesn't even think he should have to compete for the job. Please try harder to follow along.

Krugan
02-04-2011, 11:09 AM

You need to look up the definition of objective. This word you keep on using, i do not think it means what you think it means.

Simply put, once you begin using pet names for someone, it shows a bias, and there for tosses any claims of objectivity right out the window. Baby with the bath water, if you prefer.'

I have no love for cutler and will say with an objective view, he is a better QB then we have here right now.

I dont think its arguable that since Cutler got there and has time to settle in, the team has improved. Not to mention he now has a OC that is more in tune with what he does.

And just because im curious, why is that you feel the need to justify your posting here, or lower the board to bathroom behaviors?

Secondly we all know why you came here and that your a founding poster here, alot of us came from the same place, for different reasons. Frankly, if you feel unhappy, please do what you must, but stop trying to guilt everyone into changing due to yourself.

GEM
02-04-2011, 11:23 AM

Normally I only do this in the John, waiting rooms. Or airports. But yor the only entertUnment I have right now.

JR....give it a rest. You are here now just as much as you ever were. Whether you are here while driving or sitting on the toilet, you are here. So between that and your iggy list...who give a ....

GEM
02-04-2011, 11:26 AM

You are not objective about Cutler. You hate him as much as other people hate Josh. :rolleyes: Don't sit on your porcelain pedestal and act as if your posting is any different that those you talk about. Yours is just about someone other that those that you complain about.

GEM
02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I guess you HHS not noticed that my post count is down from close to 30 a day to 6-8 if that.

Would not be that high if my prostrate did not have lots of porcelain throne calls.

Or lots of doctor visits, or all of the travel I have been doing.

Sorry but check out my posts 95% plus are via mobile.
Laugh as much as you like my passion for this site is way down. Some say it has changed for the better.
I'm one that does not feel that way.
Helped start it IIRC #3 or 4 pm the member list.

So if it's so bad....stop coming here. Hey Zeus H. Crimeney....

jhildebrand
02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
don't matter now, does it.

It does when you try to post it as a fact that X brought these guys in when it is clear they were brought in by McDaniels

oh, well, if he stated it publicly. "But everything McDaniels ever said was a lie." oh, well, maybe he didn't consider Orton his long term starter. "But he stated it publicly." etc

was he? Or was he exactly the guy he thought he was getting, more or less? bringing in four other QBs in 2 years suggests....

well, then you're not thinking about it logically. Why does a team with a good QB trade him for a QB? it makes no sense. If you're happy with yours, you're only going to trade for an upgrade. Obviously, the two 1sts involved show who was the perceived upgrade.

It's no different than when people claim the previous regime wanted to deal our starting QB straight up for Cassel. Um, why would NE have any interest in that? you don't trade equivalent level QBs for each other...maybe it's happened once or twice in history, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

It's pretty safe to say that when Xanders brought the deal to Bowlen to sign off on, everyone knew Orton was coming in as a stop gap.

Most of this has been responded to by Chaz and Tx. However I will add a few things:

Orton was only here because McDaniels got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and there was no turning back once that happened. McDaniels ended up having terms dictated to him and the team instead of vosa versa.

Second, if Orton is/was realized as a stop gap from the minute his deal was placed in front of Mr. Bowlen, then who cares what people say about the guy and the fact that the majority of the fan base doesn't what to see him start again especially over Tebow? :confused: I have never seen such vigorous defense of a stop gap.

Finally, how I would react has nothing to do with this. This is all about Orton and his fan base. SO many pointed out how he is such a team guy and team player yet his actions from the second half of the season seem to be his true colors.

TXBRONC
02-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I remember you balking at the idea of drafting Tebow before the daft.

Really? I honestly don't remember if Jr balked at the idea of drafting Tebow.

TXBRONC
02-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Denver is caught between a rock and hard place. If they are at the very least entertaining the idea of trading Orton they can't doing anything about it until a new CBA is hammered out. If we get all the way to August before an agreement is struck Orton wont be going anywhere and he would more than likely be the starter because needs time to be tutored by his o.c. and the quarterback's coach. If off season amounts to nothing more than an extended mini-camp that's not enough time get Tebow prepared for an entire season.

KCL
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
JR....give it a rest. You are here now just as much as you ever were. Whether you are here while driving or sitting on the toilet, you are here. So between that and your iggy list...who give a ....

LMAO...That made me laugh.

JR..You know I like you and I am not and never have been a Cutler fan but some of the stuff you spew about him isn't any worse or any better than the stuff people spew about McD...there is NO difference no matter how you try to spin it.

Lonestar
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM
LMAO...That made me laugh.

JR..You know I like you and I am not and never have been a Cutler fan but some of the stuff you spew about him isn't any worse or any better than the stuff people spew about McD...there is NO difference no matter how you try to spin it.

Once again look at my Current post levels thwy are down big time. And while a mod I was not always posting but observing not spending a minute doing that now.

As for your thoughts about jay I appreciate them but you B wrong.

You are correct I do not like him but hate, is a strong word. Other than my ex wife. Not a word I use.

I just saw him for what he was sooner than most did.

Some think it was because of Jake, they are using that as a smoke screen to deflect the real reason I opposed his being drafted.

We needed DL for a half a decade. And we got a Loser QB instead.

dogfish
02-04-2011, 12:55 PM
eleven pages in this piece of crap thread. . . .

god i hate the offseason. . . . :frusty:

BroncoStud
02-04-2011, 01:05 PM

No, it has nothing to do with me, it has to do with the fact that Orton AND Tebow are both Josh McDaniels players, so your entire premise that the people who don't support the idiocy of starting Kyle Orton in the future are doing so because they hate McDaniels...

Tebow was a McDaniels pick, so your logic lacks any clarity, hence your post was absurd and nonsense.

bcbronc
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM
You missed what I said. Whether or not Orton should have been named the starter isn't at issue. McDaniels claimed there would be a competition in camp but that never materialized. That's not on Orton that's on McDaniels. Btw, after McDaniels was ran out of town an article appeared in the DP that stated that at the end of '09 season McDaniels was ready to trade Orton and by some miracle his staff was able to talk him out if.

So you are saying that because Orton was named starter there was no competition even though you admit there was no one on the roster that could beat him out of the top spot? Just because Orton was named starter doesn't mean there wasn't open competition. Unless you think someonre else played better than him and deserved to start week 1, your complaint makes no sense.

What I don't know why people have use pejoratives just because they don't agree with the argument. An assumption that it's about hating Orton isn't accurate the least and what has nothing to with like of dislike of Orton it's criticism of McDaniel.

BC your third paragraph isn't accurate. First, it wasn't Xanders that brought in Simms, Brandstater, Quinn and Tebow it was McDaniels who brought every last one of them in. Second, I know Orton is a stop gap many of us myself included for the last two years have been saying that very thing.]
[/quote]

Okay, if my 3rd paragraph isn't accurate, explain how it makes a difference to the point I made. It doesn't.

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 01:33 PM

Omitting the truth is not the same as lying, Tx.

And it's not like his predecessor, or any other coach, hasn't done the same.

Good grief.

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't know where to find a link, but they did mention it on Mike & Mike the other morning.

Did you lipread that? :D

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 01:36 PM

Good grief.

How many NFL coaches have been fined for "Illegal videotaping"?

good grief....

bcbronc
02-04-2011, 01:38 PM
How many times am I going to have to explain this to you? I don't care that he WANTS to be the starter, Hell I don't even care if the slug thinks he will be the starter. What I don't like is that he thinks he's ENTITLED to be the starter. He doesn't even think he should have to compete for the job. Please try harder to follow along.

Wtf9 when Simms, Quinn and Tebow were brought in, did Orton pout and whine? Nope, he put his head down, worked hard, and earned the starting spot. I agree he hasn't exactly been a big brother since Tebow was named starter, but why should he? He was replaced by a "not very good NFL QB" despite putting up good stats. I'm sure Orton wanted a chance to see if he could finish games with an oline that had a few games together and a healthy Moreno. I'm sure he recognizes that once Tebow gets the reigns, Ortons time in Denver is more or less done. Why shouldn't that piss him off?

On the other hand, you want to talk about a feeling. Of entitledment, how bout your boy Cutler. It doesn't seem to bother you that he quit on the franchise when the previous regime took a phone call (and look what Cassel has done since: won a div title and made the playoffs. Only two differences between Cutler and Cassel so far: Cassel didn't get a sub .500 playoff opponent, and Cassel didn't run the 32nd ranked offense over the last half of the season).

So ya, don't be afraid to have a little consistency in your position.

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Wow... can this be added into the dictionary as an example of hypocrisy?

I just love these <20 word, cutting, posts.....

....that say nothing.

Nomad
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM

I stopped reading after your 1st post which made the most sense:lol:.....figured it was the same ol stuff after that!!

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Unlike those that hated Cutler for being drafted to replace Plummer, I think its ridiculous to ever suggest that Tebow "replaced" Jay at all. Jay wasn't even on the roster when Tebow was drafted.

Cutler-GONE
Tebow-PRESENT

PRESENT REPLACES GONE

/class

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 01:49 PM
You do understand that even Jimmy Clausen is the ONLY starting NFL qb who had worse 3rd down stats than Kyle right....? barely at that too....

Yea, cuz it's all on the QB, huh.

:rolleyes:

At least he completed more than 50%. :coffee:

TXBRONC
02-04-2011, 01:50 PM

Good grief.

McDaniels saying publicly he knew nothing about the original spygate in New England and then year and half later telling his coach in detail the difference between the New England fiasco and spygate II is called lying to most people.

bcbronc
02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
It does when you try to post it as a fact that X brought these guys in when it is clear they were brought in by McDaniels

If there is in fact a difference, its one that only further supports my position.

[Quotr]

Orton was only here because McDaniels got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and there was no turning back once that happened. McDaniels ended up having terms dictated to him and the team instead of vosa versa.

[/quote]

Not relevent at all. Once cutler quit on the franchise there was no way we werew going to get a top notch QB in return. Cookie jar or no, the previous regime was bang on in their assesment of Cutler. Astute move by Xanders to move him while he still had perceived potential!

sanluis
02-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I agree!!
Next Summer Tim will have every opportunity to beat out Orton. Tim is already working hard and improving as we sit here on our asses! :D

So is Orton. Fox will make the right choice.... damn it!! :tsk:

chazoe60
02-04-2011, 01:54 PM
I agree!!
Next Summer Tim will have every opportunity to beat out Orton. Tim is already working hard and improving as we sit here on our asses! :D

So is Orton. Fox will make the right choice.... damn it!! :tsk:

I know who I'd be rooting for if I was a Charger fan. :laugh::laugh:

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 01:55 PM

I don't recall Lonestar ever saying he "hated" him. :confused:

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 01:56 PM

Guess you would know..... :lol:

chazoe60
02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Wtf9 when Simms, Quinn and Tebow were brought in, did Orton pout and whine? Nope, he put his head down, worked hard, and earned the starting spot. I agree he hasn't exactly been a big brother since Tebow was named starter, but why should he? He was replaced by a "not very good NFL QB" despite putting up good stats. I'm sure Orton wanted a chance to see if he could finish games with an oline that had a few games together and a healthy Moreno. I'm sure he recognizes that once Tebow gets the reigns, Ortons time in Denver is more or less done. Why shouldn't that piss him off?

On the other hand, you want to talk about a feeling. Of entitledment, how bout your boy Cutler. It doesn't seem to bother you that he quit on the franchise when the previous regime took a phone call (and look what Cassel has done since: won a div title and made the playoffs. Only two differences between Cutler and Cassel so far: Cassel didn't get a sub .500 playoff opponent, and Cassel didn't run the 32nd ranked offense over the last half of the season).

So ya, don't be afraid to have a little consistency in your position.

What gave you the impression Cutler is my "boy"? :laugh: WTF are you talking about? :laugh:

sanluis
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
I know who I'd be rooting for if I was a Charger fan. :laugh::laugh:

I just hope Denver keeps starting rookies on their your O-line. Those guys last year had some shit games IMHO!! :D

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 02:11 PM

A bunch more times, evidently.

I've seen repeated accounts of Orton saying he WANTS to compete. How he was never allowed to COMPETE in Chicago. How he BELIEVES in competition.

NOWHERE, have I seen him say he feels he's entitled.

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 02:13 PM
You need to look up the definition of objective. This word you keep on using, i do not think it means what you think it means.

Simply put, once you begin using pet names for someone, it shows a bias, and there for tosses any claims of objectivity right out the window. Baby with the bath water, if you prefer.'

I have no love for cutler and will say with an objective view, he is a better QB then we have here right now.

I dont think its arguable that since Cutler got there and has time to settle in, the team has improved. Not to mention he now has a OC that is more in tune with what he does.

And just because im curious, why is that you feel the need to justify your posting here, or lower the board to bathroom behaviors?

Secondly we all know why you came here and that your a founding poster here, alot of us came from the same place, for different reasons. Frankly, if you feel unhappy, please do what you must, but stop trying to guilt everyone into changing due to yourself.

tsk tsk :tsk:

Naughty sd.

If you can't/don't see how the direction of this board has changed......

...wow.

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Yea, cuz it's all on the QB, huh.

:rolleyes:

At least he completed more than 50%. :coffee:

Sweet.... You now hypothesize "How come Kyle's completion % dives 15 points just on third down" ANd no... 60/120 is not MORE than 50%

ONLY on third down for his entire career ( 67 rating for each and every third down pass) does his recievers drop balls......

golly who'd thunk it huh?

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 02:16 PM

I've seen repeated accounts of Orton saying he WANTS to compete. How he was never allowed to COMPETE in Chicago. How he BELIEVES in competition.

Really? "Never able to compete in Chicago"....

You know this when you met with Lovie Smith?

Otherwise you are lying here.....right? Isn't THAT how you say it?

G_Money
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Yup. Isn't it time for the combine yet? Oh, wait, SB first, THEN the combine, right...

Been so long since we've been in one I forget it's there.:coffee:

~G

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 02:51 PM
How many NFL coaches have been fined for "Illegal videotaping"?

good grief....

Where was that in the conversation to which I posted/replied?

good grief....

jhildebrand
02-04-2011, 02:51 PM
So you are saying that because Orton was named starter there was no competition even though you admit there was no one on the roster that could beat him out of the top spot? Just because Orton was named starter doesn't mean there wasn't open competition. Unless you think someonre else played better than him and deserved to start week 1, your complaint makes no sense.

Again, Orton was given the starter role from day 1. Were there other QB's here? Of course! But the fact is Orton received almost all of the reps with the #1's.

If you don't believe that, then why didn't Simms get a better look when Orton wasn't having a very good camp and especially after his BOO FEST at Invesco Field? If ever there was a moment to see what anybody else provided it was then!

I also find it peculiar how much preseason work Orton got when it could have gone to some of the back ups.

There was never really an OPEN competition for the spot and for people to insist that Tebow now has to EARN and COMPETE for the job is downright silly.

The great thing is Tebow wont have any problem with competition.

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 02:55 PM
McDaniels saying publicly he knew nothing about the original spygate in New England and then year and half later telling his coach in detail the difference between the New England fiasco and spygate II is called lying to most people.

Really?

So not knowing something in the past, that you now have more facts on, later, is based on lying?

Well shit....there goes MY degree. :rolleyes:

jhildebrand
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Not relevent at all. Once cutler quit on the franchise there was no way we werew going to get a top notch QB in return. Cookie jar or no, the previous regime was bang on in their assesment of Cutler. Astute move by Xanders to move him while he still had perceived potential!

Now it isn't relevant that the sole reason Cutler is gone is because McD got caught red handed? PLEASE! At least try to be serious. It most certainly is relevant.

Funny how so many people insist Cutler quit against GB and now you are saying he quit on this franchise YET FAIL TO SEE ORTON ACTUALLY QUIT!!!! Orton quit in the second KC game and sure as shit didn't show up to the AZ game.

Your insistance that Xanders moved Cutler is hillarious as well despite there being plenty of evidence that demonstrates X had nothing to do with any of these moves.

The previous regime was right about Cutler? Funny how Chicago didn't have nearly the offense or pieces on Offense this team does but made their conference championship game. :lol: I suppose that isn't relevant :rolleyes:

The fact is one team moved backwards because of the move and the other moved forward.

The sad thing is I am not even a Cutler fan but can at least be objective enough to admit that this team is worse for not having him here-much much worse!!

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Sweet.... You now hypothesize "How come Kyle's completion % dives 15 points just on third down" ANd no... 60/120 is not MORE than 50%

ONLY on third down for his entire career ( 67 rating for each and every third down pass) does his recievers drop balls......

golly who'd thunk it huh?

The 50% reference was to TT's completion %.

I'm not going to sit here and play footsie with you on all the variables that go into each/every play...especially 20/game that don't get defensed the same as the other 40+.

How ridiculous.

jhildebrand
02-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Really?

So not knowing something in the past, that you now have more facts on, later, is based on lying?

What a silly attempt, RC!

Every media outlet in the country took McDaniels to task for the very thing TX pointed out and all made it a point to highlight him being a liar.

McDaniels was known as a liar. Even SI.com had him listed on the front page of an article as one of the biggest fibbers in the NFL.

We can always point back to: "I only answered the phone" as a demonstrable lie. "Peyton Hillis will be a Bronco for a long time to come" as a demonstrable lie. The list goes on. Thankfully all future lies will be in St Louis.

rcsodak
02-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Really? "Never able to compete in Chicago"....

You know this when you met with Lovie Smith?

Otherwise you are lying here.....right? Isn't THAT how you say it?

Let me know when you decide to post relevant, non-sensical posts, eh?

As for Orton's saying that, Google is your friend, not to mention they're prolly available on the boards if you decide to try to find them.

Despite what a few short-handed posters think, I don't make shit up.

GEM
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Did you lipread that? :D

RC....do me a favor....hold up five fingers in front of you. Now lower the thumb, the index, the ring and the pinkie....what do you have?

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Let me know when you decide to post relevant, non-sensical posts, eh?

As for Orton's saying that, Google is your friend, not to mention they're prolly available on the boards if you decide to try to find them.

Despite what a few short-handed posters think, I don't make shit up.

Actually you do......

Since you "Made up" the fact that "Kyle was never given the chance to compete for the starting position"

HOW was he the starting qb in 2008 for Chicago? Here...so YOU dont have to google another lie...

ESPN.com-

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Kyle Orton was selected to be the Chicago Bears starting quarterback by coach Lovie Smith on Monday.

Orton won the competition with Rex Grossman for the starting job.

Orton, the fourth-year player from Purdue, will start Thursday's third preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers and the Sept. 7 regular-season opener against the Indianapolis Colts.

Get back to me with another lie.......Here's your last lie...

Today, 01:11 PM
rcsodak
Caustic Truth Detector Join Date: Aug 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 03:22 PM
RC....do me a favor....hold up five fingers in front of you. Now lower the thumb, the index, the ring and the pinkie....what do you have?

*Holding up hand*...Pick me!!!!!! I KNOW!!!! I KNOW!!!!!
C'mon Gem... you NEVER pick me.......I'm goods in math

BroncoStud
02-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Guess you would know..... :lol:

Have you ever even WATCHED a football game? :elefant:

Juriga72
02-04-2011, 03:53 PM

He's only read the FF stats

BroncoJoe
02-04-2011, 03:55 PM

LOL - that's good stuff there.

KCL
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Once again look at my Current post levels thwy are down big time. And while a mod I was not always posting but observing not spending a minute doing that now.

As for your thoughts about jay I appreciate them but you B wrong.

You are correct I do not like him but hate, is a strong word. Other than my ex wife. Not a word I use.

I just saw him for what he was sooner than most did.

Some think it was because of Jake, they are using that as a smoke screen to deflect the real reason I opposed his being drafted.

We needed DL for a half a decade. And we got a Loser QB instead.

WOW...My post apparently went over your head....:rolleyes:

BroncoStud
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM

Seems so.

chazoe60
02-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Really?

You really should sue whatever institution that degree came from. They have done you a disservice.

BroncoJoe
02-04-2011, 04:09 PM
You really should sue whatever institution that degree came from. They have done you a disservice.

Another damn good response!

This thread is full of 'em.

Krugan
02-04-2011, 04:12 PM
tsk tsk :tsk:

Naughty sd.

If you can't/don't see how the direction of this board has changed......

...wow.

Everything changes, RC.

some good some bad some well you know the rest.

I just want to know why, on any message board, there always has to be that small group of people who feel they have to point everytime they post how much they dislike posting at (name your social gathering site).

Or show the im a OG!!!! and then point out post numbers dropping because of such and such reasons.

We get it, your unhappy about the flow of conversation, make your points about said conversation, back them up if you see the need, and move onto the next post.

Just **** up with how you post while you poop. It drags the whole place down.

It gets old my man, just like the winter wind.

KCL
02-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I just love these <20 word, cutting, posts.....

....that say nothing.

I guess you would...you're an expert at it...:coffee:

;)

KCL
02-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Really?

You have a degree??? In what? Oh never mind...I believe I know...:lol:

BroncoStud
02-04-2011, 04:24 PM

:laugh::laugh: YEP.

dogfish
02-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Yup. Isn't it time for the combine yet? Oh, wait, SB first, THEN the combine, right...

Been so long since we've been in one I forget it's there.:coffee:

~G

i've never been more anxious to endlessly debate the significance of a tenth of a second on someone's forty time. . . .

:doh:

TXBRONC
02-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Really?

Oh please. :lol:

I guess that's why McDaniels told his staff it was important not to tell anyone because they could lose their jobs. If he was innocent why was he fearful of losing his job?

bcbronc
02-05-2011, 03:37 AM
[QUOTE]Again, Orton was given the starter role from day 1. Were there other QB's here? Of course! But the fact is Orton received almost all of the reps with the #1's.

If you don't believe that, then why didn't Simms get a better look when Orton wasn't having a very good camp and especially after his BOO FEST at Invesco Field? If ever there was a moment to see what anybody else provided it was then!

you may have missed it, but Simms was pretty below average when he was here. If the point of a "competition" is to have the best guy start, and Orton was the best guy, how is him being named the #1 = no competition? you're not making any sense. Orton was the best available option out of camp the last two years. How can you say otherwise?

I also find it peculiar how much preseason work Orton got when it could have gone to some of the back ups.

so you wanted the previous head coach to only prepare 75% for the regular season?

There was never really an OPEN competition for the spot and for people to insist that Tebow now has to EARN and COMPETE for the job is downright silly.

you're either for competition, or you ain't. which is it?

The great thing is Tebow wont have any problem with competition.

that is great!

Now it isn't relevant that the sole reason Cutler is gone is because McD got caught red handed? PLEASE! At least try to be serious. It most certainly is relevant.

it's relevant in who will be our starter next time there's football? Howz that again?

Funny how so many people insist Cutler quit against GB and now you are saying he quit on this franchise YET FAIL TO SEE ORTON ACTUALLY QUIT!!!! Orton quit in the second KC game and sure as shit didn't show up to the AZ game.

agreed. Cutler did quit on this franchise. :beer:

Your insistance that Xanders moved Cutler is hillarious as well despite there being plenty of evidence that demonstrates X had nothing to do with any of these moves.

maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part. it was an astute move to get rid of Cutler while he still had so much value (anyone think CHI could get 2 1sts for him today? doubtful) and since Xanders is still here....

The previous regime was right about Cutler? Funny how Chicago didn't have nearly the offense or pieces on Offense this team does but made their conference championship game. :lol: I suppose that isn't relevant :rolleyes:

I know. amazing really, considering they had the 32nd ranked offense over the second half of the season. If CHI could find a QB to go with that defense, they'd be pretty tough to beat.

The fact is one team moved backwards because of the move and the other moved forward.

CHI went from being an NFC champion, to NFC runner-up.
Denver went from almost making the playoffs, to not making the playoffs.

I'm not really getting your point. :confused:

The sad thing is I am not even a Cutler fan but can at least be objective enough to admit that this team is worse for not having him here-much much worse!!

Ya, I'm not sold on Tebow either, but I don't think it's quite *that* bad.

Lonestar
02-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Pretty good rebuttal BC.

Would salute you but mobile does not allow it.
No icons, or MHS nor HI5.

Keep up the logical posting.

rcsodak
02-05-2011, 07:11 PM

a toy?

rcsodak
02-05-2011, 07:21 PM

You two are like children...no wait...putty in my hands.

Juriga finds one OLD headline (though I have seen plenty from when he has been in denver), and thinks it makes his point. :laugh:

BS (good name, bytheway), finds...well...nothing. So he throws a lame-ass jab that catches nothing but air. *wifffff*

Now, here's the deal...listen close, now.

I will not further discuss with either of you for good reasons.
1. I'll embarrass you, and you're both new, so....This fact alone, will give you and your ilk much fodder to play with, and tie up some threads. It's to be expected.
2. You'll just follow me around the boards (like some other short-handed posters do), trying to one up me.

Both, BORE me.

I've had better discussions with my ex-wives. ho-hum

Frankly, I'll just be like Lonestar, and just you two juvies to my iggy.....

cia'

:cool:

chazoe60
02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
You have ex-wives? Shocker!

BroncoStud
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
You two are like children...no wait...putty in my hands.

Juriga finds one OLD headline (though I have seen plenty from when he has been in denver), and thinks it makes his point. :laugh:

BS (good name, bytheway), finds...well...nothing. So he throws a lame-ass jab that catches nothing but air. *wifffff*

Now, here's the deal...listen close, now.

I will not further discuss with either of you for good reasons.
1. I'll embarrass you, and you're both new, so....This fact alone, will give you and your ilk much fodder to play with, and tie up some threads. It's to be expected.
2. You'll just follow me around the boards (like some other short-handed posters do), trying to one up me.

Both, BORE me.

I've had better discussions with my ex-wives. ho-hum

Frankly, I'll just be like Lonestar, and just you two juvies to my iggy.....

cia'

:cool:

The only person you are "embarrassing" is yourself, because you lack basic football knowledge, common sense, and an overall football IQ that is a prerequisite for discussing said football in a rational manner...

So please, PUT ME ON IGNORE. That REALLY hurts my feelings.

That's pretty much a chicken S#$% way to deal with getting educated but seems right on par with your course.

Ciao drama queen.

KCL
02-06-2011, 11:50 AM
for discussing said football in a rational manner...

LMAO...You're a fine one to speak with this statement....:lol:

BroncoStud
02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
LMAO...You're a fine one to speak with this statement....:lol:

Care to expand on that KCL?

KCL
02-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Care to expand on that KCL?

You can't figure it out? You don't always discuss football in a rational way
with people you don't agree with..I don't care if you do or not...just found it funny that you posted that about someone else..and no I'm not going to point you to any of the post I base that on...just take my word for it.

BroncoStud
02-06-2011, 01:27 PM
You can't figure it out? You don't always discuss football in a rational way
with people you don't agree with..I don't care if you do or not...just found it funny that you posted that about someone else..and no I'm not going to point you to any of the post I base that on...just take my word for it.

Ok, I'll take your word for it... :rolleyes:

If you're referring to my opposition to Kyle Orton, I usually support my argument with fact or historical reference. I won't apologize for being right. When someone comes on here and tries to tell me that Kyle Orton is a good Quarterback, a good player, etc, etc, I will always be happy to correct them and show why a mountain of historical evidence tells us otherwise, to me, those who still try to pass that BS as truth are simply irrational.

rcsodak
02-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I guess you would...you're an expert at it...:coffee:

;)

....glass houses, bw.... ... :coffee:

KCL
02-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Ok, I'll take your word for it... :rolleyes:

If you're referring to my opposition to Kyle Orton, I usually support my argument with fact or historical reference. I won't apologize for being right. When someone comes on here and tries to tell me that Kyle Orton is a good Quarterback, a good player, etc, etc, I will always be happy to correct them and show why a mountain of historical evidence tells us otherwise, to me, those who still try to pass that BS as truth are simply irrational.

Thanks for proving my point with this post....:lol:

atwater27
02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
This thread is a clusterfark.

KCL
02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
....glass houses, bw.... ... :coffee:

You know I love you ms :hug:

see that *wink* smiley? Know what that means?

BroncoStud
02-06-2011, 03:58 PM
[/U]

Thanks for proving my point with this post....:lol:

I didn't prove anything for you... Lay off the booze KCL, the Super Bowl isn't for another few hours... :elefant: