02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Right now.

I didn't know Elway was a historian? :confused: :D

Ravage!!!
02-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Damnit. So what was the jist, guys?

underrated29
02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I expect a full write up summarizing the interview LT. or we will release incriminating pics of you and your wifey

Slick
02-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Post a link for us lazy mexicans next time LT.

LordTrychon
02-02-2011, 02:01 PM
That's why there's Jungle insider! - KB.

lol.

My favorite part of the interview was towards the beginning. Talked about how he got into the AFL particularly because it allowed him to stay in Denver and not move his kids while giving him some experience in the field, should the opportunity arise for something like this in Denver (or possibly out of).

Talked about Tebow being not a finished product, with things still to learn. Did point out that it is the case for every young quarterback, not just Tebow. Not even guys that come out and have good first years are a done deal. So there's obviously room for him to grow. Pretty sure he also talked about how he's the sort that is exactly what you want as far as work ethic to make that a possibility. Just remembered he also talked about how Tebow was able to bring in his intangibles from the get go, and how he was surprised to see the pick in the draft, but he wasn't against it.

Talked about McD, and how Bowlen was really impressed with his knowledge of the game and of coaching, and how that lead in part to McDaniels getting the sort of leeway he did. Also thinks he'll be a good coach someday with some experience.

Talked about how Fox was a great fit for us because he did have that experience. They loved his energy when talking to him. They really wanted to bring stability to the defense, and in his mind a good defense is what your really need to win, more than a good offense, so that needs to be their focus.

Talked about Cutler, said he gives him the benefit of the doubt... but nobody but Jay really knows if he could have played or not. Said that Jay's a very tough player, and he's been hit a lot this year and has always gotten up, and it was hard to imagine him not playing if he could after all he'd been through this year. Was surprised by the backlash, but believes it was brought on himself by his demeanor... but no other player would have gotten criticized in the same way for the same thing.

Then he talked about the Visa/NFL promotion for SB tickets for life.

I think that's about everything.

DenBronx
02-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Seems like a good interview. Elway has tact. He might say something that is the truth, like "Tebow is very raw" but says it in a way that lets you know he supports you 100%.

I have a good feeling about John being a huge part of the Broncos. I like that he is pushing for a strong defense. He has said in several interviews that defense needs to be our priority. FINALLY someone gets it! Maybe he can persuade Bowlen to open up the check book and sign some key players on D this offseason to help us put some nasty back in the D.

Slick
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Muchisimas gracias LT.

BigSarge87
02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
It's an exciting time right now. It's fun to feel good about everything that's going on so far. Watching the interviews with Elway, Allen, Fox, and even Xanders you get the feeling they all know their parts and really respect each other. Seems like a great team atmosphere in the FO.

I'm not saying they are the best FO in the league by any means, but if your a Broncos fan you gotta at least be a little keyed up about what's going on.

I know there's still a lot to be done, but hopefully in a few years we can look back at this offseason and say 'Wow, that was when it all started to come together'!

LordTrychon
02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Muchimas gracias LT.

De nada.

Next time, I'll put up a link. Rome doesn't stream on his site unless you pay... but if you find a local station who has his show, you can stream from there usually. I will post my station's link next time.

WARHORSE
02-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Just had a thought.

Life is like a box of chocolates.

Sorry. First one Ive had since I got off the hammock.
:coffee:

My head hurts.

rationalfan
02-02-2011, 03:01 PM
just saw elway on NFLN during my lunch break. most surprising comment: he said orton's the starter right now.

LordTrychon
02-02-2011, 03:06 PM
just saw elway on NFLN during my lunch break. most surprising comment: he said orton's the starter right now.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d81e123cc/Radio-Row-John-Elway

Here's that interview. Haven't seen it yet myself. Trying to get it to load.

The Glue Factory
02-02-2011, 03:09 PM
That's why there's Jungle insider! - KB.

lol.

My favorite part of the interview was towards the beginning. Talked about how he got into the AFL particularly because it allowed him to stay in Denver and not move his kids while giving him some experience in the field, should the opportunity arise for something like this in Denver (or possibly out of).

With Bowlen's family not interested with inheriting the business I've been wondering if Bowlen is finding a way to transfer ownership to John down the road.

LordTrychon
02-02-2011, 03:16 PM
With Bowlen's family not interested with inheriting the business I've been wondering if Bowlen is finding a way to transfer ownership to John down the road.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me.

He definitely worded it in such a way that he didn't feel (or want to say) that he necessarily was going to have this opportunity in Denver. Said he wanted to do the Crush so that he could stay in Denver for at least the time being, and also to be prepared for opportunities wherever down the line.

Still, it's hard to see him ever going anywhere else, since Bowlen did want to get him part ownership before.

The Glue Factory
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Still, it's hard to see him ever going anywhere else, since Bowlen did want to get him part ownership before.

Do you know if Kaiser's right of first refusal is still effective? That's the only thing that would really prevent the transfer to John down the road (provided John and Pat want that transfer to happen.)

dogfish
02-02-2011, 03:22 PM
They really wanted to bring stability to the defense, and in his mind a good defense is what your really need to win, more than a good offense, so that needs to be their focus.

did he actually, honestly, really say that?

don't **** with my emotions!

Softskull
02-02-2011, 03:34 PM

I'm really liking what Elway has been doing for the short time he's been back.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 03:48 PM

That's not exactly what he said.

Broncos' Elway says Kyle Orton could start over Tim Tebow next season
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 02/02/2011 01:01:06 PM MST
Updated: 02/02/2011 01:25:22 PM MST

"If we had to go right now, but we've got to make a decision about where we're going to go. ...In my mind we've got to figure what we're going to do offensively at that position and that's why I'm not guaranteeing anybody's going to start."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17272243

LordTrychon
02-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Do you know if Kaiser's right of first refusal is still effective? That's the only thing that would really prevent the transfer to John down the road (provided John and Pat want that transfer to happen.)

It's hard to find any recent articles on this.

What I'm reading in the old articles is that Kaiser had rights to first shot at any partnership offering. The court originally gave him rights to the 10% offered to Elway at 15 mil (a hell of a bargain)... but later appeal ruled that he did not have right to that because the deal was he would have right of refusal or first shot at any new partnership deal, which 10% is not.

Based on that, I'd say he still has rights if majority ownership were to change hands.

[The court ruled] that an offer to sell John Elway a portion of the team doesn't violate a provision in the sales contract..... ruled that the way the Elway offer was structured -- 10 percent of shares in a company that held ownership of the team, not the team itself - was not covered by the provisions of the contract covering Kaiser's sale to Bowlen.

"We are not in the business of rewriting or supplementing agreements for parties after a contract is joined," the panel wrote in rejecting Kaiser's claims.

http://www.5280.com/blogs/2006/08/01/court-rules-pat-bowlen-can-keep-broncos

did he actually, honestly, [I]really say that?

He did. He really really did.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=LordTrychon;1204977

He did. He really really did.[/QUOTE]

LT I'm glad you're trying to talk Dog down from his roof top but in the event that he jumps don't blame yourself.

LordTrychon
02-02-2011, 04:45 PM
LT I'm glad you're trying to talk Dog down from his roof top but in the event that he jumps don't blame yourself.

Oh, was that on the table?

I er.... left out the part where he mentioned bringing in the run-n-shoot offense, and was looking for Hamza Abdullah's number to shore up the backside of a revolutionary new defense that he was assured by Al Davis would 'wreck even great quarterbacks like JaMarcus Russel'.

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh, was that on the table?

I er.... left out the part where he mentioned bringing in the run-n-shoot offense, and was looking for Hamza Abdullah's number to shore up the backside of a revolutionary new defense that he was assured by Al Davis would 'wreck even great quarterbacks like JaMarcus Russel'.

Geez if you're going say that you might as well start chanting: Jump! Jump! Jump! :lol:

rcsodak
02-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Seems like a good interview. Elway has tact. He might say something that is the truth, like "Tebow is very raw" but says it in a way that lets you know he supports you 100%.

I have a good feeling about John being a huge part of the Broncos. I like that he is pushing for a strong defense. He has said in several interviews that defense needs to be our priority. FINALLY someone gets it! Maybe he can persuade Bowlen to open up the check book and sign some key players on D this offseason to help us put some nasty back in the D.what do you expect.....from a car salesman.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
02-02-2011, 07:12 PM
It's an exciting time right now. It's fun to feel good about everything that's going on so far. Watching the interviews with Elway, Allen, Fox, and even Xanders you get the feeling they all know their parts and really respect each other. Seems like a great team atmosphere in the FO.

I'm not saying they are the best FO in the league by any means, but if your a Broncos fan you gotta at least be a little keyed up about what's going on.

I know there's still a lot to be done, but hopefully in a few years we can look back at this offseason and say 'Wow, that was when it all started to come together'!

Lol....deja vu to 2yrs ago.
The pillows always cooler on the other side, remember.

rcsodak
02-02-2011, 07:14 PM

He has $1b?

DenBronx
02-03-2011, 02:45 AM
what do you expect.....from a car salesman.

Do you mean a SuperBowl MVP car salesman with a laser rocket arm?

vettesplus
02-03-2011, 08:27 PM
He has $1b?

who has a $1b??