PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Allen interview

titan
02-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Dennis Allen was interviewed on Vic And Gary's show this morning. Listen to it hear:

http://tinyurl.com/4mfm4t8

I like what he said about keeping Champ. Summary below:

Why come to denver?

I wanted to come to a place building from ground level, a chance to establish a championship team. I have alot of respect for Fox, Xanders, Elway

does this defense need a complete retooling?

no I see some things that will help. We are going to try to find out what our guys do well and emphasize that

3-4 or 4-3?

We are going to do what is best for the team. Need to evaluate more.

Will Fox be heavily involved in defense?

I think it'll work out fine - we have a good working relationship. I'd be crazy not to listen to him.

talent on existing defense?

there are certain areas that need upgrading. increase our athleticism and speed.

champ?

he is a piece to the puzzle and a significant piece. we'd love to have him back. our financial people have to figure out the way to get that done.

forcing turnovers?

got to live it everyday. alot of people talk about it but don't live it. we'll emphasize it in minicamps and practice

pass rush?

there's alot of different ways to get pressure on qb. You have to do get the qb to hold the ball longer so he doesn't have quick decisions. It's not just the rush, not just the cover guys. We got to coordinate those elements.

you are familiar with nfc and not the afc?

We spent alot of time evaluating our current personnel. Who do we have and what can they do well. As we proceed and come up with a defensive plan then we'll look at other teams in the AFC.

biggest need?

haven't identified it yet but we know what we need to do to get better

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Dennis Allen was interviewed on Vic And Gary's show this morning. Listen to it hear:

http://tinyurl.com/4mfm4t8

I like what he said about keeping Champ. Summary below:

Why come to denver?

I wanted to come to a place building from ground level, a chance to establish a championship team. I have alot of respect for Fox, Xanders, Elway

does this defense need a complete retooling?

no I see some things that will help. We are going to try to find out what our guys do well and emphasize that

3-4 or 4-3?

We are going to do what is best for the team. Need to evaluate more.

I think it'll work out fine - we have a good working relationship. I'd be crazy not to listen to him.

talent on existing defense?

there are certain areas that need upgrading. increase our athleticism and speed.

champ?

he is a piece to the puzzle and a significant piece. we'd love to have him back. our financial people have to figure out the way to get that done.

forcing turnovers?

got to live it everyday. alot of people talk about it but don't live it. we'll emphasize it in minicamps and practice

pass rush?

there's alot of different ways to get pressure on qb. You have to do get the qb to hold the ball longer so he doesn't have quick decisions. It's not just the rush, not just the cover guys. We got to coordinate those elements.

you are familiar with nfc and not the afc?

We spent alot of time evaluating our current personnel. Who do we have and what can they do well. As we proceed and come up with a defensive plan then we'll look at other teams in the AFC.

biggest need?

haven't identified it yet but we know what we need to do to get better

I really hope this guy can help in getting the defense turned around.

jhildebrand
02-02-2011, 12:15 PM

That is impressive right there. I don't know much about Allen but that Payton said he would have been the next Saints DC had Gregg Williams left.

I like the guy more already.

PAINTERDAVE
02-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I am just ding dang excited about the new Era Broncos 2011.

I wish to hell they'd settle this freakin' CBA crap...
so we could get busy with the rebuild.

I like the interview... Allen sounds competent...
what a refreshing change from the coaches we are used to.

BigSarge87
02-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I am just ding dang excited about the new Era Broncos 2011.

I wish to hell they'd settle this freakin' CBA crap...
so we could get busy with the rebuild.

I like the interview... Allen sounds competent...
what a refreshing change from the coaches we are used to.

Amen brother.

dogfish
02-02-2011, 01:44 PM

thank you!

TXBRONC
02-02-2011, 01:57 PM
thank you!

You're welcome. :salute: