PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
32. Kansas City (0-3) - Just let all the rookies play...this is a learning year

31. Detroit (0-3) - I dont think there is another team that is close to being more embarrassing to their fans.

30. St. Louis (0-3) - Even overly injured teams beat the crap out of them

29. Houston (0-2) - Im convinced this team will never improve under Kubes.

28. Atlanta (2-1) - Still a really good running game, but the schedule wont stay easy

27. San Francisco (2-1) - Not the toughest schedule, but looking really solid

26. Cincinnati (0-3) - Actually lost a game respectfully.

25. Miami (1-2) - May have found the chink in the armor of the mighty Pats.

24. Seattle (1-2) - Injuries are just too much to overcome to be competetive

23. Oakland (1-2) - Threw away an opportunity to gain respect. The Raider way.

22. Cleveland (0-3) - The high hopes for this season are slipping away

21. Arizona (2-1) - Houston...this is the Cardinals. We are starting our decent back to Earth

20. NY Jets (1-2) - I repeat...Too much talent to look this bad

19. Baltimore (2-0) - Defense can simply frustrate opponents. Which is good because the offense wont scare anyone

18. Jacksonville (1-2) - Just when they are looking like a bust...they beat Indy. Let's see if they turn this train around

17. Washington (2-1) - Beat good passing games in 2 straight weeks. Cowboys wont be such an easy task

16. Indianapolis (1-2) - Are we witnessing the end of the Indy dominance?

15. Minnesota (1-2) - Finally got a break and pulled out a win

14. Chicago (1-2) - Somehow got air raided by Griese. Losing the close games wont help

13. Tampa Bay (2-1) - Outlasted their mirror image and made Griese look good.

12. New Orleans (1-2) - Another close game. Defense just isnt helping at all.

11. New England (2-1) - May have lost their mystique in the Miami debacle. Other teams will be watching that game film

10. Denver (3-0) - Until the defense can stop ANYTHING, it's hard to move them up much higher. Without their offense...they'd be near the bottom

9. Pittsburgh (2-1) - How long will Ben last this season?

8. Carolina (2-1) - Their streak against top defenses had to end eventually.

7. Green Bay (2-1) - Rodgers continues to make the Favre trade look really good. Just need the run defnse to help out.

6. Buffalo (3-0) - Big comeback win improves the team confidence.

5. San Diego (1-2) - Another great game from Rivers and the defense looked better

4. Tennessee (3-0) - I think the team is actually better without VY. As long as Collins doesnt have to win any games. Easy shedule ahead.

3. Philadelphia (2-1) - Still looking strong without a healthy passing game

2. NY Giants (3-0) - Got a big scare from Cincy, but 6 more sacks and the leadership of Eli has them firing away

1. Dallas (3-0) - Seem to be handling everyone confidently while leading the NFL in total offense.

NightTrainLayne
09-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Let the blood-letting begin. . .

:D

Northman
09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
San Diego should be #1.

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Let the blood-letting begin. . .

:D

The homers will always complain. My favorite part is when someone tells me I have absolutely no validity writing this...based solely on their own opinion.

BigDaddyBronco
09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm waiting for the pile up over San Diego's ranking. :D

One thing about SD's offense. LT is hurting or something else is wrong, he just isn't explosive like he has been. With good defenses, Rivers is going to have to do it alone.

Their defense looked better, but Favre looked clueless out there. They'll get rocked by better offenses. They are slowed by injuries as well.

Don't know at this point if they are worth a 5, but their D is better than Denver's and their O isn't far off.

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
San Diego should be #1.

I think so too, but I wanted to make sure I appeased everyone else.

Northman
09-23-2008, 10:21 AM

One thing about SD's offense. LT is hurting or something else is wrong, he just isn't explosive like he has been. With good defenses, Rivers is going to have to do it alone.

Their defense looked better, but Favre looked clueless out there. They'll get rocked by better offenses. They are slowed by injuries as well.

Don't know at this point if they are worth a 5, but their D is better than Denver's and their O isn't far off.

Bingo.

MOtorboat
09-23-2008, 10:22 AM

They've scored 24, 38, 48, and their most explosive weapon is hurt...

I hate to say it, but Phyllis is playing great. All except for the first few passes last night, he looked pretty good.

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 10:22 AM

It'll take LT a game or two to get back to speed...plus the Jets have a top 10 run defense so far. I'd like to say they will lose all season...just dont see it.

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I am new to his ratings but can someone tell me if Coach Chaz is a San Diego fan because its the only way I can explain why he has them so overrated.

NightTrainLayne
09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I am new to his ratings but can someone tell me if Coach Chaz is a San Diego fan because its the only way I can explain why he has them so overrated.

And it begins. . .

:laugh:

red98
09-23-2008, 10:37 AM
32. Kansas City (0-3) - Just let all the rookies play...this is a learning year

31. Detroit (0-3) - I dont think there is another team that is close to being more embarrassing to their fans.

30. St. Louis (0-3) - Even overly injured teams beat the crap out of them

29. Houston (0-2) - Im convinced this team will never improve under Kubes.

28. Atlanta (2-1) - Still a really good running game, but the schedule wont stay easy

27. San Francisco (2-1) - Not the toughest schedule, but looking really solid

26. Cincinnati (0-3) - Actually lost a game respectfully.

25. Miami (1-2) - May have found the chink in the armor of the mighty Pats.

24. Seattle (1-2) - Injuries are just too much to overcome to be competetive

23. Oakland (1-2) - Threw away an opportunity to gain respect. The Raider way.

22. Cleveland (0-3) - The high hopes for this season are slipping away

21. Arizona (2-1) - Houston...this is the Cardinals. We are starting our decent back to Earth

20. NY Jets (1-2) - I repeat...Too much talent to look this bad

19. Baltimore (2-0) - Defense can simply frustrate opponents. Which is good because the offense wont scare anyone

18. Jacksonville (1-2) - Just when they are looking like a bust...they beat Indy. Let's see if they turn this train around

17. Washington (2-1) - Beat good passing games in 2 straight weeks. Cowboys wont be such an easy task

16. Indianapolis (1-2) - Are we witnessing the end of the Indy dominance?

15. Minnesota (1-2) - Finally got a break and pulled out a win

14. Chicago (1-2) - Somehow got air raided by Griese. Losing the close games wont help

13. Tampa Bay (2-1) - Outlasted their mirror image and made Griese look good.

12. New Orleans (1-2) - Another close game. Defense just isnt helping at all.

11. New England (2-1) - May have lost their mystique in the Miami debacle. Other teams will be watching that game film

10. Denver (3-0) - Until the defense can stop ANYTHING, it's hard to move them up much higher. Without their offense...they'd be near the bottom

9. Pittsburgh (2-1) - How long will Ben last this season?

8. Carolina (2-1) - Their streak against top defenses had to end eventually.

7. Green Bay (2-1) - Rodgers continues to make the Favre trade look really good. Just need the run defnse to help out.

6. Buffalo (3-0) - Big comeback win improves the team confidence.

5. San Diego (1-2) - Another great game from Rivers and the defense looked better

4. Tennessee (3-0) - I think the team is actually better without VY. As long as Collins doesnt have to win any games. Easy shedule ahead.

3. Philadelphia (2-1) - Still looking strong without a healthy passing game

2. NY Giants (3-0) - Got a big scare from Cincy, but 6 more sacks and the leadership of Eli has them firing away

1. Dallas (3-0) - Seem to be handling everyone confidently while leading the NFL in total offense.

Not bad, I just don't see how SD and DEN can be 5 spots apart.

Total Def:

SD #29
DEN #30

Scoring Def:

DEN #29
SD #30

Tot Off:

DEN #2
SD #5

Scoring:

DEN #1
SD #2

Seems they should be pretty close no matter where they are ranked.

Northman
09-23-2008, 10:38 AM

:lol:

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Not bad, I just don't see how SD and DEN can be 5 spots apart.

Total Def:

SD #29
DEN #30

Scoring Def:

DEN #29
SD #30

Tot Off:

DEN #2
SD #5

Scoring:

DEN #1
SD #2

Seems they should be pretty close no matter where they are ranked.

I think once you get into the top 10...it's all fairly even to a certain extent. At least IMO.

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 10:45 AM

Go back and read the Week 2 Power Rankings thread. Maybe that will help

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Go back and read the Week 2 Power Rankings thread. Maybe that will help

will do but nothing you say will change the fact they are way overrated. They belong in the top 10 for sure. But I think they are at least tied with Denver based on how they both have abysmal defense.

Not trying to start a bitch fest just curious is all! :D

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 11:05 AM
will do but nothing you say will change the fact they are way overrated. They belong in the top 10 for sure. But I think they are at least tied with Denver based on how they both have abysmal defense.

Not trying to start a bitch fest just curious is all! :D

Fair enough. I just think their defense will get better. 308 last night against NY wasnt horrible and was an improvement from last week. Denver gets worse every week. 307, 486, 502

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Fair enough. I just think their defense will get better. 308 last night against NY wasnt horrible and was an improvement from last week. Denver gets worse every week. 307, 486, 502

good points I very well could be agreeing with you in a few weeks.

turftoad
09-23-2008, 11:18 AM

I agree. Whether we like it or not. SD is still the front runner (favorite) to win the AFCW.

dogfish
09-23-2008, 11:29 AM
coach,

plase put denver at #1 in all future rankings

TIA

-dogfish

Northman
09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
coach,

plase put denver at #1 in all future rankings

TIA

-dogfish

I disagree. If he puts us dead last the rest of the league and forum will overlook us. :D

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm considering leaving Denver and SD out of my rankings from now on and just letting everyone put them where they think they belong.

Northman
09-23-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm considering leaving Denver and SD out of my rankings from now on and just letting everyone put them where they think they belong.

Congrats on 5,000 posts CC. :beer:

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Congrats on 5,000 posts CC. :beer:

Thanks...I guess. Didnt even realize I got up that high.

MHCBill
09-23-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't think Denver should be #1, but based on their record and offense they should be in the top five.

If they played average defense then I'd say #1 or #2, but beings that the defense is so horrible it knocks them out of one of the top two teams in the league currently. IMO... not from one of the top two to #10.

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 12:52 PM

No way your have Denver exactly in the range they should be. Its just that San Diego for right now needs to be there too. Power Rankings are weekly so its not like San Diego or Denver will stay there.

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, I kind of base my rankings on where the team is, how they have looked and what I expect. A team like Minnesota is 1-2, but have been in all 3 games against tougher competition. SD is similar. If not for 2 bad calls, they could very well be 3-0. SF is 2-1, but havent really played anyone worth a damn. It's way too early to have anything close to being set in stone and I an assure you...things will change.

ApaOps5
09-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Very good points. I will cease and decist in my dialogue!

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 02:27 PM
I figure when I have a non playoff contending Charger team in the top 5 at the end of the season, then I'll accept the bashing

dogfish
09-23-2008, 04:18 PM
I figure when I have a non playoff contending Charger team in the top 5 at the end of the season, then I'll accept the bashing

why wait 'til then when we can start now?

Thnikkaman
09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
The homers will always complain. My favorite part is when someone tells me I have absolutely no validity writing this...based solely on their own opinion.

Looks good. I would flip flop Pitt and Denver, and 1 and 2. I think Zona could move up a little as well.

Magnificent Seven
09-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Denver Broncos are ranked # 7 in ESPN's NFL power rankings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

CoachChaz
09-23-2008, 11:58 PM
why wait 'til then when we can start now?

Hell yeah

lex
09-24-2008, 07:18 PM
I dont get it. How is New England 11? They hold knock Denver for being gashed by New Orleans and San Diego while New England hasnt played anyone close to that offensively and, yet, they were still gashed by Miami. Plus they dont have the offense.

CoachChaz
09-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I dont get it. How is New England 11? They hold knock Denver for being gashed by New Orleans and San Diego while New England hasnt played anyone close to that offensively and, yet, they were still gashed by Miami. Plus they dont have the offense.

Yeah...because there are SOOO many teams behind them that are decisively better than them

lex
09-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah...because there are SOOO many teams behind them that are decisively better than them

They have the Ravens at 19. The Ravens are similar to New England. They have also have a new QB but are better on defense and probably have a better running game.

OMorange&blue
09-26-2008, 08:49 PM
poop