PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lloyd on Bronco QB Situation: Video

WARHORSE
02-01-2011, 02:34 AM
They asked him if Tebow has a future in this league.

"Oh yeah. He definitely has a future in the NFL."

He then went on and spoke about Tebow a little.

They asked him about Orton.

"Kyle has proved he can play in this league. There are alot of QB openings in the league, and wherever he ends up, Im sure he'll do well."

Well.......I guess we know who Brandon Lloyd thinks will be under center next year.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Pro-Bowl-Brandon-Lloyd-on-Set/187af361-b1d9-43ac-9afa-77c29ed1d140

honz
02-01-2011, 02:49 AM
http://dyn.spike.com/website/ver2/B_Lloyd_Heavy.mp3

This track is the truth. B Lloyd is about to blow up.

gobroncsnv
02-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Dang, he even credits Mcd for his breakout year. Speaks well of Orton... He wouldn't last long around here.
Ok, just messin' again...
Interesting that he stayed happy on a team that had a year like Denver did. Don't think Moss would have been "happy" here. Lloyd seems to be able to fight through more adversity. But he did seem a little smarter on this interview than the last one he was known for. Hate seeing a talented player burn bridges like he did, I always like it better when a player shows his former teams they were wrong instead of telling them to f off.

LSIGRAD09
02-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I hope we can keep Lloyd around for a few more years. He is clearly one of the best offensive weapons.

TiminatorTebow
02-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Dang, he even credits Mcd for his breakout year. Speaks well of Orton... He wouldn't last long around here.
Interesting that he stayed happy on a team that had a year like Denver did. Don't think Moss would have been "happy" here. Lloyd seems to be able to fight through more adversity. But he did seem a little smarter on this interview than the last one he was known for. Hate seeing a talented player burn bridges like he did, I always like it better when a player shows his former teams they were wrong instead of telling them to f off.

But he meant it "in the most professional way possible". LOL I like what he said to his former teams.
Lets be REAL for a minute. If Thomas can stay healthy LLoyd will be out of here after next year. Between Thomas, Decker, and Royal there will be no room for an old 1 hit wonder WR

vandammage13
02-01-2011, 09:15 AM

LLoyd was happy because he was getting his numbers. Losing probably doesn't bother him because he probably know's he's only got 1 more chance to finally get a big contract before his career is over, so he wants to put up the biggest numbers he can to get that payday.

BroncoStud
02-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Haha, see ya Kyle. :elefant::beer:

rationalfan
02-01-2011, 11:45 AM
But he meant it "in the most professional way possible". LOL I like what he said to his former teams.
Lets be REAL for a minute. If Thomas can stay healthy LLoyd will be out of here after next year. Between Thomas, Decker, and Royal there will be no room for an old 1 hit wonder WR

this makes little sense. why would the team let go of a pro bowl receiver [edit: (who doesn't pout to the media whenever he's not treated like a superstar)] in favor of a rookie who hasn't done anything (decker) and a veteran who's hype is much greater than this production (royal). lloyd and thomas will be here for a while. believe it.

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 11:55 AM
this makes little sense. why would the team let go of a pro bowl receiver [edit: (who doesn't pout to the media whenever he's not treated like a superstar)] in favor of a rookie who hasn't done anything (decker) and a veteran who's hype is much greater than this production (royal). lloyd and thomas will be here for a while. believe it.

It's not like they are only keeping 2 wide outs.

I expect the WR roster to look like (In no order)

Royal
Thomas
Lloyd
Decker

and don't forget Willis will be back from IR...

I expect to see all 5 of those guys on the roster.

Deal is we only have 6 draft picks.. a ton of needs...
they are NOT going to jack up the offense this time around.

We just need a pass catching TE... all of ours have hands of stone.
We need a new Shannon Sharpe.

SOCALORADO.
02-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Royal
Thomas
Lloyd
Decker

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/023kc2zdWheIQ/340x.jpg

honz
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
I would not be at all surprised to see the Broncos trade a WR before the draft. Gaffney and Royal are probably the top options as far as a trade goes.

TXBRONC
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I would not be at all surprised to see the Broncos trade a WR before the draft. Gaffney and Royal are probably the top options as far as a trade goes.

From what I've been reading Lloyd seems to be the most probable candidate. I wouldn't have a problem trading Gaffney but he's 30 years old so probably wouldn't net much according to what I've read.

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Yes... that is a good point.. I forgot about Gaffney...
however... this year is crazy...
no free agency before the draft..
unless they settle the CBA.

Cant trade Orton, DJ, Graham, Quinn, or Gaffney for 2011 picks...
unless they settle before the draft in late April.

Traveler
02-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Sign Kevin Boss in FA if CBA is in place before the draft.

weazel
02-01-2011, 12:30 PM

Royal
Thomas
Lloyd
Decker

New Orleans has a few pass catching TE's... should make a deal with them

CoachChaz
02-01-2011, 12:36 PM

I wanted David Thomas when he was in the draft. He cant block, but I'll still take him.

BroncoNut
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
They asked him if Tebow has a future in this league.

"Oh yeah. He definitely has a future in the NFL."

He then went on and spoke about Tebow a little.

They asked him about Orton.

"Kyle has proved he can play in this league. There are alot of QB openings in the league, and wherever he ends up, Im sure he'll do well."

Well.......I guess we know who Brandon Lloyd thinks will be under center next year.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Pro-Bowl-Brandon-Lloyd-on-Set/187af361-b1d9-43ac-9afa-77c29ed1d140

ya know? whatever. ... I like Brandon Lloyd but I don't think he makes a big leap here. do you think Orton will be starting over Tebow next year if both are around? Gee, what an interesting question, who wouldathunk :rolleyes:

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM

We will have to do something... our TE's have hands of stone.
Tebow needs a good outlet...

I dislike this dang CBA deal...

if we draft before Free agency... its sucks for us...
cause we are in a rebuilding year and we need to trade our crap and generate a ton of picks.

6 picks in this draft... and then a short free agent period before a short training camp...
that does not a good rebuild make.

It would not surprise me to see an inordinate number of Undrafted free agents on our team this year....

Rod Smith was undrafted, Arian Foster was undrafted... Mike Anderson was a walk on...
hey it is a possiblity...
if we end up with the picks we have and nothing else.

Dang this year of millionaires fighting with billionaires. :mad:

rationalfan
02-01-2011, 05:21 PM
6 picks in this draft... and then a short free agent period before a short training camp...
that does not a good rebuild make.

the denver post had a good item today about how it's not "only six picks," given most teams typically have seven in a normal year. also, the article points out that denver's draft is front loaded, which is good when you're rebuilding, you want picks that yield you starters, not special teamers.

It would not surprise me to see an inordinate number of Undrafted free agents on our team this year....

no undrafted free agents can be signed until the CBA is agreed to.

rationalfan
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
From what I've been reading Lloyd seems to be the most probable candidate. I wouldn't have a problem trading Gaffney but he's 30 years old so probably wouldn't net much according to what I've read.

again, why would the team trade it's most productive offensive player? makes little sense. so many armchair GMs want to draft to build a team, but part of building a team is keeping the players who produce, rather than trading them for draft picks that might turn into busts.

also interesting: there are still so many people here lamenting the fact that the broncos traded cutler/marshall/sheffler/hillis because they were stars and productive. yet, lloyd has been very productive and has half as many pro bowl selections as that entire group and now people want to trade him?

i'm not a lloyd fanboy, but the lack of logic compels me to rant.

horsepig
02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
How about we pick up a Sharpe clone in the 7'th round?

I Eat Staples
02-01-2011, 07:26 PM
again, why would the team trade it's most productive offensive player? makes little sense. so many armchair GMs want to draft to build a team, but part of building a team is keeping the players who produce, rather than trading them for draft picks that might turn into busts.

also interesting: there are still so many people here lamenting the fact that the broncos traded cutler/marshall/sheffler/hillis because they were stars and productive. yet, lloyd has been very productive and has half as many pro bowl selections as that entire group and now people want to trade him?

Big difference. They were young guys who did nothing but produce and show signs that their production would continue to increase. Lloyd is a veteran that was below average his entire career except for one really good year. I'm not saying we should trade him, but the idea is not nearly as provocative as trading those players were.

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Klis is coming out with an article in the Post claiming the Broncos will shop Gaffney as trade bait.....

I Eat Staples
02-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Klis is coming out with an article in the Post claiming the Broncos will shop Gaffney as trade bait.....

Gaffney needs to go to get the young guys on the field, but I don't expect us to get much, if anything for him. He's a free agent signing, not worth trading a pick for.

BroncoNut
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Klis is a douchebag. I don't really belive anything he has to say. Because he is a douchebag

rationalfan
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Big difference. They were young guys who did nothing but produce and show signs that their production would continue to increase. Lloyd is a veteran that was below average his entire career except for one really good year. I'm not saying we should trade him, but the idea is not nearly as provocative as trading those players were.

don't agree. they weren't players who "just produced." three of them (cutler, marshall, sheffler) were locker room cancers with extremely poor people and leadership skills. trading them was addition by subtraction. marshall hasn't been missed. at all. same with sheffler (the broncos' receivers were so good shef wasn't missed, since he rarely blocked well). seeing cutler in the playoffs did sting (until the kneegate incident). gotta admit that. but i do like tebow's upside; let's just hope he reaches it before 2015.

so many people hang onto this notion of lloyd being expendable because he's not young. but, do you really want a young receiver? it's quite rare for a receiver to produce his rookie or sophomore seasons. marshall was an anomaly. lloyd's in his prime. you don't trade star players who are in their prime, unless there are other concerns.

another lloyd hangup: he's only had one good season. that's one more than decker, thomas, willis or any other receiver in this upcoming draft. potential is great, but realized potential is better. and that's where lloyd is at right now.

rationalfan
02-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Klis is a douchebag. I don't really belive anything he has to say. Because he is a douchebag

if only every political fanboy in the land shared your perspective about not believing douchebags.

I Eat Staples
02-01-2011, 07:45 PM
don't agree. they weren't players who "just produced." three of them (cutler, marshall, sheffler) were locker room cancers with extremely poor people and leadership skills. trading them was addition by subtraction. marshall hasn't been missed. at all. same with sheffler (the broncos' receivers were so good shef wasn't missed, since he rarely blocked well). seeing cutler in the playoffs did sting (until the kneegate incident). gotta admit that. but i do like tebow's upside; let's just hope he reaches it before 2015.

so many people hang onto this notion of lloyd being expendable because he's not young. but, do you really want a young receiver? it's quite rare for a receiver to produce his rookie or sophomore seasons. marshall was an anomaly. lloyd's in his prime. you don't trade star players who are in their prime, unless there are other concerns.

another lloyd hangup: he's only had one good season. that's one more than decker, thomas, willis or any other receiver in this upcoming draft. potential is great, but realized potential is better. and that's where lloyd is at right now.

Still to this day, I have no idea how Scheffler was any sort of "cancer" in the locker room. You can make a case for Cutler and Marshall, but what did Scheffler ever do? Nothing.

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Still to this day, I have no idea how Scheffler was any sort of "cancer" in the locker room. You can make a case for Cutler and Marshall, but what did Scheffler ever do? Nothing.

I heard he was grumbling and talking McD down in the locker room...
disgruntled and unhappy...
it all came out about the time Marshal was benched in the last game.

If I remember, the two of them,
Shef and Bmarsh,
were like cohorts in a locker room "hostility to the regime" type of deal...

those were the reports I remember hearing.

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 08:01 PM

I agree... we should hold on to Lloyd as our resident veteran Wideout...
those circus catches are amazing...
and he can help the young guys realize they must perservere to succeed.

I Eat Staples
02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
I heard he was grumbling and talking McD down in the locker room...
disgruntled and unhappy...
it all came out about the time Marshal was benched in the last game.

If I remember, the two of them,
Shef and Bmarsh,
were like cohorts in a locker room "hostility to the regime" type of deal...

those were the reports I remember hearing.

I only remember hearing that he was upset about how he was being used and how the team struggled down the stretch, and got himself in McD's doghouse by saying (and I paraphrase) that he can't wait for the season to be over.

Awful reason to trade him if that's all it was, I'm sure players say things like that all the time when the team is struggling. And a majority of NFL players are going to be unhappy about something, it's how they are. The coach has to deal with it.

TXBRONC
02-01-2011, 08:48 PM

It's not illogical to me. If the Broncos are intent on increasing it's draft stock Lloyd is one of the few players on the team that would have decent value. I'm not advocating putting Lloyd on the block but it makes sense in terms of stock up draft picks.

As I said I would be ok with Gaffney getting traded.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums