PDA

View Full Version : Denver notes

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2011, 11:42 PM
A couple interesting things in this:

The Carolina Panthers are not bringing back running backs coach Jim Skipper. He said he had a chance to join the Denver Broncos’ staff in a to-be-determined role.

full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/23955/denver-notes-2

BeefStew25
01-31-2011, 11:48 PM
What is his 40 time?

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I like it. Bring Skipper in...
'cause Studs is a great guy...
but the RB game last year was horrid.

With Skipper helping out...
I like our running game better.

Juriga72
02-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I like it. Bring Skipper in...
'cause Studs is a great guy...
but the RB game last year was horrid.

With Skipper helping out...
I like our running game better.

It looks like Carolina has had a few great years of running...... 4th, 2nd, 4th in total rush yards......

Like the signing

SOCALORADO.
02-01-2011, 01:17 PM
It looks like Carolina has had a few great years of running...... 4th, 2nd, 4th in total rush yards......

Like the signing

Just so long as he brings with him,
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Chicago+Bears+v+Carolina+Panthers+HGZw5wgSRDNl.jpg

Juriga72
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I am going to be pissed if we take a running back at 2.... Or trade #2 for one...

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I am going to be pissed if we take a running back at 2.... Or trade #2 for one...

That would be insane.... a late round RB pick would even be crazy if we only have 6 picks.

Draft Defense...

SOCALORADO.
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM

I am hoping Fox has enough sense to simply sign (or do a sign and trade)
Williams. He knows him, he has his RB coach in DEN now, and it makes perfect sense. the guy has superstar, game-changing ability. Then grab a Via Tau in the late rounds and dump the trash at RB. One problem solved.

shank
02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
hasn't this 'to-be-determined' role been on the table since fox got here? i don't think this skipper to denver is anywhere close to official yet.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
hasn't this 'to-be-determined' role been on the table since fox got here? i don't think this skipper to denver is anywhere close to official yet.

according to this article, it is not anywhere close to official, and more than likely will not happen.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/31/2024482/panthers-coach-skipper-is-out.html#ixzz1CaghJh9I

underrated29
02-01-2011, 02:00 PM
yes it is NOT going to happen first of all.

second, I do not think he is better than studesville. For crying out loud the guy has had 2 top 15 draft picks at runningback to play with.
Its no coincidence that their rush numbers are soo good. Sure skip gets some credit, but really any RB coach would look great with those two guys.

Stewart is a freaking man beast. Similiar to Steven Jackson. HUGE, STRONG, and 4.3 speed!!!

Deangelo, is blazing fast, quick moves and cuts, and can catch and accellerate quickly. Plus break tackles

Lets not crown him and throw our guy under the bus just yet. We also have had issues on the Oline, for those who do not remember.

Juriga72
02-01-2011, 02:46 PM
yes it is NOT going to happen first of all.

second, I do not think he is better than studesville. For crying out loud the guy has had 2 top 15 draft picks at runningback to play with.
Its no coincidence that their rush numbers are soo good. Sure skip gets some credit, but really any RB coach would look great with those two guys.

Stewart is a freaking man beast. Similiar to Steven Jackson. HUGE, STRONG, and 4.3 speed!!!

Deangelo, is blazing fast, quick moves and cuts, and can catch and accellerate quickly. Plus break tackles

Lets not crown him and throw our guy under the bus just yet. We also have had issues on the Oline, for those who do not remember.

Our biggest issue with our run game is we threw the ball 50 times a game.

Because we were down 30 points at halftime.....IMHO

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 03:14 PM

It is not like in the first quarter our run game was succesful...

We HAD to throw the ball...
Because punching it up the gut for no gain was not working...

The run game seldom worked right from the get go.
Blame the inexperienced line... blame bad running... both...

either way... this next season should be much better...
the O-line should be clicking...
hopefully we have some healthy backs...
Tebow creates a whole new dimension in the backfield...
opposing defenses are gonna have to dedicate a spy to Tim...

PAINTERDAVE
02-01-2011, 03:19 PM
according to this article, it is not anywhere close to official, and more than likely will not happen.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/31/2024482/panthers-coach-skipper-is-out.html#ixzz1CaghJh9I

I see that now.... so I guess Skipper needs some time off.

Lonestar
02-01-2011, 04:29 PM
It is not like in the first quarter our run game was succesful...
We HAD to throw the ball...Because punching it up the gut for no gain was not working...
The run game seldom worked right from the get go.Blame the inexperienced line... blame bad running... both...
either way... this next season should be much better...
the O-line should be clicking..hopefully we have some healthy backs...
Tebow creates a whole new dimension in the backfield...
opposing defenses are gonna have to dedicate a spy to Tim...

Everyone forgets that we threw the ball because until Harris was back for good last year beadles had played everyspot on the oline except center.

The line was in flux as were all of the RBs were hurt till those last few games.

IMO Moreno ran hard once he got past the LOS.

If we can get a better ORT when Harris leaves we will be ok with the other guys.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I see that now.... so I guess Skipper needs some time off.

Dave I'm sure he'll be relieved to know that you're ok with him taking some time off. :heh: (J/K)

rcsodak
02-01-2011, 09:24 PM

They threw the ball" 50 times" BECAUSE they couldn't run. :rolleyes:
IMHO

nevcraw
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM

Well...Studesville has has Moreno and and Maroney 12 and 21st pick's of their drafts respectfully and neither have done much in denver, not to mention Bucky etc. - let's not feel too sorry for his plight.. not exactly a talentless backfield.. hard to say what the skipper could have done..

nh_bronco
02-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Early articles about Coach Skipper mentioned how he helped Fox with game management, another set of eyes & brain to keep the game under control. That could be a very important asset to any head coach. His experience on offensive side alone is valuable. I hope Fox, Xander and Elway come up with a position like Associate Head Coach- ??? . Game Coordination? Game Plan Overseer? Communicator? Clock Watcher? All Around Good Guy? Veteran Coach Presence? Whispering in head coaches ear? I'm sold on his value to a coachuing staff BUT alas, I don't see this happening either. GO BRONCOS!

underrated29
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Well...Studesville has has Moreno and and Maroney 12 and 21st pick's of their drafts respectfully and neither have done much in denver, not to mention Bucky etc. - let's not feel too sorry for his plight.. not exactly a talentless backfield.. hard to say what the skipper could have done..

I think moreno will be just fine in the zbs, probably better, as well as I expect our run game to vastly improve simply because of Fox calling the shots.

Maroney sucks, here and at NE. That guy is plain pitiful...it would be interesting to see how he does in the zbs, remember shanny was in love with him for our zbs...shanny has a pretty good eye for rbs.

topscribe
02-02-2011, 01:01 PM
They threw the ball" 50 times" BECAUSE they couldn't run. :rolleyes:
IMHO

I remember after one game McD admitted they had just given up on the run . . .

-----