PDA

View Full Version : TJ's support of his Broncos on ESPN!

hamrob
09-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I wanted to see if anyone else just saw TJ on Monday Night Countdown. Jaws aired a report that the saints are upset over the officiating during the Broncos game...Payton evidently said that he sent a letter to the league office...because there were "Clear" calls that weren't made against the Broncos.

Jaws told TJ...that must bother you some..huh TJ? TJ clenched his Jaws and said "I don't care"...looking like he wanted to say...I don't give a FFF***"

The set was almost silent.

I have to say...I really appreciate all the Love both TJ and Shannon Sharpe are giving us this year. I mean they're really stepping outside their box and supporting their Broncos! I love it.

Has anybody else noticed this? Thoughts???

OMorange&blue
09-22-2008, 06:44 PM
ESPN comes onto my TV right after the drill bit goes through my skull.

G_Money
09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
He did the same thing last week. How I remember it going:

Somebody: "Man TJ, that was a terrible call."

TJ: "Yes, it was a horrible call."

Somebody else: "Kinda cost the Chargers the game there."

TJ: "Hey, they still coulda stopped em."

Somebody: "So you don't think that cost em the game?"

TJ: "You're askin the wrong guy. Boom?"

:D I was so happy for TJ when we won the Super Bowl and he was there, not as a member of ESPN. He was there as a Bronco, to soak in the moment.

So happy for him.

~G

jrelway
Tom Jackson always showed love for the broncos. thats why i love listening to him. Shannon sharpe has been critical of us through the years but lately on his sirius nfl show, hes been riding the broncos real high. Always fun listening to both of em.

Nomad
With two games in a row the refs are called out for missing calls favoring the BRONCOS, I expect the refs to redeem themselves next week by throwing the yellow around on the BRONCOS.

Hoshdude7
09-22-2008, 06:47 PM
And what calls might this be?

Meck77
I'm convinced that Ditka doesn't even watch football. He said the Raiders could be 3-0.

ApaOps5
boo ******* hoo payton. Maybe get a kicker who isn't a joke artist or just ****

honz
09-22-2008, 06:48 PM
What calls are the Saints complaining about? The 13 holds on Doom as he was coming off the edge that weren't called?:confused:

Skinny
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Jimmy Johnson is on the Jay Cutler bandwagon as best young QB. He told Bradshaw that he was nuts for not having Jay in his top 5. Which everybody already knows Bradshaw is nuts anyways.

Screw Jaws. He just needs to keep breaking down the plays, which he does a great job of, and get off TJs jock.

G_Money
09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Tom Jackson always showed love for the broncos. thats why i love listening to him. Shannon sharpe has been critical of us through the years but lately on his sirius nfl show, hes been riding the broncos real high. Always fun listening to both of em.

Technically Sharpe was mostly critical of Plummer.

With as much work as he put in to being the greatest, I can see why a guy with the most responsibility on offense who just wants to show up and play without putting in the work might get under his skin.

~G

ECBronco
09-22-2008, 07:02 PM
What calls are the Saints complaining about? The 13 holds on Doom as he was coming off the edge that weren't called?:confused:

Great point. It was getting ridiculous. Doom gets held an amazing amount and I don't remember one holding call for him this year.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2008, 07:10 PM

I did see TJ when they were discussing this, but I thought it was Mortensen reporting on the bad call. I AM GETTING DAMN TIRED OF THE WHINING. And you could definitely tell that TJ was upset that it was even being mentioned. At least Jaws is sticking up for us in regards to last week's game, and said the Chargers had chances to stop the Broncos

Here is the latest WHINING ARTICLE:

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/09/bad_call_costly_for_new_orlean.html

Bad call costly for New Orleans Saints?

After watching both the coach's tape and network footage of Sunday's 34-32 loss at Denver, New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton was infuriated by what he deemed a glaring no-call by game officials on a critical third-and-1 from Denver's 24-yard line.

Payton said the tape clearly revealed Denver linebacker Jamie Winborn lined up in the neutral zone when Jonathan Goodwin snapped Drew Brees the ball.

But line judge Tom Stephan did not throw a flag, and running back Pierre Thomas was stopped for a short loss. One play later, Saints kicker Martin Gramatica missed a 43-yard field-goal attempt that would have given the Saints a 35-34 lead with 1:55 remaining.

"That's a hard pill for me to swallow on a critical play like that," Payton said at his Monday press conference. "Now it had no bearing on the outcome of the play in regards to the result, but when something like that happens, it's not a judgment call. It's clearly a call that's right in front of you as a line judge, and you make it or you don't make it.

"Usually when it's close, the play goes on, but my problem was, it wasn't close. My problem was that this player not only was in the neutral zone, but his whole head is across the line of scrimmage and past the ball before the ball is ever snapped, and no call was made."

Payton said what made the non-call even more disturbing was that Saints rookie linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar was penalized for a similar infraction in the first quarter.

"I can understand some judgment calls - ones that maybe could go either way - but when something like that isn't called and it's a neutral zone infraction, it's discouraging," Payton said.

Payton has said that he doesn't send reports to the league on Mondays grading the officials, but when asked if he called the league office about the call, Payton acknowledged he had for just the third time in his three years as a head coach.

It's the second consecutive week the undefeated Broncos have gotten the better end of an official's decision. Two weeks ago against the Chargers, an inadvertent whistle by referee Ed Hochuli turned a fumble by Denver quarterback Jay Cutler into an incomplete pass, allowing the Broncos to go on and score and win 39-38.

Click here to watch highlights from the game, the play in question comes at the 4:21 mark of the video.

Northman
09-22-2008, 07:12 PM
I wanted to see if anyone else just saw TJ on Monday Night Countdown. Jaws aired a report that the saints are upset over the officiating during the Broncos game...Payton evidently said that he sent a letter to the league office...because there were "Clear" calls that weren't made against the Broncos.

Jaws told TJ...that must bother you some..huh TJ? TJ clenched his Jaws and said "I don't care"...looking like he wanted to say...I don't give a FFF***"

The set was almost silent.

I have to say...I really appreciate all the Love both TJ and Shannon Sharpe are giving us this year. I mean they're really stepping outside their box and supporting their Broncos! I love it.

Has anybody else noticed this? Thoughts???

I hope that the Saints complained about their own Oline holding Doom all game long. So many blatant miscalls i was getting ready to throw my beer at the TV.

AgentOrange
09-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Great point. It was getting ridiculous. Doom gets held an amazing amount and I don't remember one holding call for him this year.
I could see that on my old fashioned 27" CRT and mentioned it to the GF. I think Payton is just climbing on the Blame The Broncos Biased Officials bandwagon. I only hope they don't over react and start over-enthusiastically flagging our team.

Northman
09-22-2008, 07:13 PM
what calls are the saints complaining about? The 13 holds on doom as he was coming off the edge that weren't called?:confused:

thank you!

ApaOps5
09-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I actually screamed thinking there would be a flag for Winborn lining up in the neutral zone on that play. Maybe little Seany should have thrown the ball like he did all game at the end and just scored a TD rather than play for the FG of in other words playing not to lose. The bitter pill he should swallow was that he went away from his playbook at the end of the game and relied on a kicker notorious for ganking kicks in pressure situations.

BigDaddyBronco
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
That was some weak shit by Sean Payton. Please, the defender lining up in the neutral zone had no impact on the play. Lost a lot of respect right there.

Nomad
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
I actually screamed thinking there would be a flag for Winborn lining up in the neutral zone on that play. Maybe little Seany should have thrown the ball like he did all game at the end and just scored a TD rather than play for the FG of in other words playing not to lose. The bitter pill he should swallow was that he went away from his playbook at the end of the game and relied on a kicker notorious for ganking kicks in pressure situations.

Yeah, I was yelling, 'get back, get back' funny he didn't hear:D, but I was amazed a flag wasn't thrown

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2008, 07:28 PM
With this latest WHINE, it is going to get where each official crew will over compensate when they are doing our games, just so the opposing coach does not file a complaint against them. All you will see is YELLOW flags against the Broncos the entire game :mad:

Buff
09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
"Now it had no bearing on the outcome of the play in regards to the result..."

Then why are you crying Sean?

I don't know if it's ballsy or dumb to criticize the officials like that. I'd expect him to get hit with at least a $10k fine. Pretty expensive decision to call out the officials for a call that had "no bearing on the outcome."

Officials are going to miss calls- for him to whine about it at a press conference like that call was the reason they lost is bush league.

ikillz0mbies
09-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Geez....all these coaches whine and b*tch cause of one blown call and claim that it cost them the game. Are you kidding me? Where were the Saints when they were stopped on their own 1 yard line? Where were the Saints in the first half when they allowed 21 points? Hello, wake up Payton. Gramatica, who has been pretty reliable as a kicker missed. And it was from his range. What's there to complain about?

hamrob
09-22-2008, 08:04 PM
I did see TJ when they were discussing this, but I thought it was Mortensen reporting on the bad call. I AM GETTING DAMN TIRED OF THE WHINING. And you could definitely tell that TJ was upset that it was even being mentioned. At least Jaws is sticking up for us in regards to last week's game, and said the Chargers had chances to stop the Broncos

Here is the latest WHINING ARTICLE:

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/09/bad_call_costly_for_new_orlean.html

Bad call costly for New Orleans Saints?

After watching both the coach's tape and network footage of Sunday's 34-32 loss at Denver, New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton was infuriated by what he deemed a glaring no-call by game officials on a critical third-and-1 from Denver's 24-yard line.

Payton said the tape clearly revealed Denver linebacker Jamie Winborn lined up in the neutral zone when Jonathan Goodwin snapped Drew Brees the ball.

But line judge Tom Stephan did not throw a flag, and running back Pierre Thomas was stopped for a short loss. One play later, Saints kicker Martin Gramatica missed a 43-yard field-goal attempt that would have given the Saints a 35-34 lead with 1:55 remaining.

"That's a hard pill for me to swallow on a critical play like that," Payton said at his Monday press conference. "Now it had no bearing on the outcome of the play in regards to the result, but when something like that happens, it's not a judgment call. It's clearly a call that's right in front of you as a line judge, and you make it or you don't make it.

"Usually when it's close, the play goes on, but my problem was, it wasn't close. My problem was that this player not only was in the neutral zone, but his whole head is across the line of scrimmage and past the ball before the ball is ever snapped, and no call was made."

Payton said what made the non-call even more disturbing was that Saints rookie linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar was penalized for a similar infraction in the first quarter.

"I can understand some judgment calls - ones that maybe could go either way - but when something like that isn't called and it's a neutral zone infraction, it's discouraging," Payton said.

Payton has said that he doesn't send reports to the league on Mondays grading the officials, but when asked if he called the league office about the call, Payton acknowledged he had for just the third time in his three years as a head coach.

It's the second consecutive week the undefeated Broncos have gotten the better end of an official's decision. Two weeks ago against the Chargers, an inadvertent whistle by referee Ed Hochuli turned a fumble by Denver quarterback Jay Cutler into an incomplete pass, allowing the Broncos to go on and score and win 39-38.

Click here to watch highlights from the game, the play in question comes at the 4:21 mark of the video.You're right...it was Mort...not Jaws. I don't know why I always get those two confused.

MOtorboat
09-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Funny how if you were a fan of another team you'd be screaming foul, and bitching and moaning about how bias they were...um...hypocrite?

As far as the play...not our problem, they didn't call it and Sean Payton should shut his mouth in the press conference and go yell at his kicker for being a moron.

hamrob
09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I for one, thought the officials were a little lenient on calls in the Saints favor. I mean that TD by Marshall was obvious...but they called him out of the endzone. I kept seeing situations where our Dline were being held time in and time out and no calls were made.

Then, the Sheff call...I thought was really close...even the announcers said that with the new rules this year...it was probably incomplete. He had it for a fraction of a second in real time...before it was knocked out. Hey...I can accept the call...but it was questionable as well.

The bottom line..."Stuff Happens"!

I can't wait to here Herm after next weeks game. "Those lousy officials cost us 50 pts!" "If it weren't for them, we had a chance!" :-)))

Broncolingus
09-22-2008, 08:18 PM
He said the Raiders could be 3-0.

...that's funny.

That was the only time this year the Bronco's defense actually dressed for the game...

beezer
09-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Berman did a great job with TJ. When he first arrived , he was so nervous and his speech was halting, but the Swami loves him, and they both like the Broncos.

Broncolingus
09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Tom Jackson has always been one of the coolest, classiest people around...

...great player, but an even better professional at whatever he did.

He's the type of role model young people need to follow...

...not idiots like Merry-man, Phily Wivers, Ray "Murderer" Lewis, etc.

slim
09-22-2008, 09:06 PM
I love listening to TJ. I guess I am a bit bias, but I think he is the best analyst on ESPN (well, maybe second behind Jaws).

He always has been supportive of the Broncos, but he doesn't blow smoke up your ass....he tells it like it is.

ApaOps5
09-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Berman did a great job with TJ. When he first arrived , he was so nervous and his speech was halting, but the Swami loves him, and they both like the Broncos.

Hey mock glad to see you here.

omac
09-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Jimmy Johnson is on the Jay Cutler bandwagon as best young QB. He told Bradshaw that he was nuts for not having Jay in his top 5. Which everybody already knows Bradshaw is nuts anyways.

Screw Jaws. He just needs to keep breaking down the plays, which he does a great job of, and get off TJs jock.

Jaws is actually pretty cool. He was one of the first sportscasters to say just how good Cutler is, not like everyone else jumping on the bandwagon this season. Kornheiser even ridiculed him about it.

LRtagger
09-23-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm convinced that Ditka doesn't even watch football. He said the Raiders could be 3-0.

What makes it even funnier is that he was one of the announcers for the Monday Night game and talked about how dominant the Broncos looked and how the Raiders suck. :pound:

EastCoastBronco
09-23-2008, 08:55 AM
With two games in a row the refs are called out for missing calls favoring the BRONCOS, I expect the refs to redeem themselves next week by throwing the yellow around on the BRONCOS.

I thought they already took care of that with that bogus call on the Scheffler non-fumble. If he had control of that ball for 2 steps before he fumbled then I am a Charger fan...

EastCoastBronco
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Jaws is actually pretty cool. He was one of the first sportscasters to say just how good Cutler is, not like everyone else jumping on the bandwagon this season. Kornheiser even ridiculed him about it.

Kornholer is an ass...

broncogirl7
09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
TJ was hysterical! "I don't care..." "I don't care..."
Priceless!

Thnikkaman
09-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Kornholer is an ass...

I wish I had 50 high 5 buttons for that post.

Anything he is on is crap.

GEM
09-23-2008, 09:25 AM

And those were blatantly obvious to anyone and everyone watching.

EastCoastBronco
09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
And those were blatantly obvious to anyone and everyone watching.

If Payton wants to spend half of this week crying about last week's officiating then he shouldn't be surprised when they drop another game this weekend...freaking baby....I liked him too.
My advice to Payton...Read my sig and shut the hell up.

GEM
09-23-2008, 09:32 AM
If Payton wants to spend half of this week crying about last week's officiating then he shouldn't be surprised when they drop another game this weekend...freaking baby....I liked him too.
My advice to Payton...Read my sig and shut the hell up.

There was one on Doom where they had zoomed in on it and the guy had his forearm under the throat pushing him back. If that's how you have to block a guy....it might be time to hit the sidelines.

Some of these coaches need to grow a pair.

EastCoastBronco
09-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I wish I had 50 high 5 buttons for that post.

Anything he is on is crap.

Everytime I hear him I think that his talents would be much better suited to a Dogshow announcer or something along those lines...He's an insult to football fans everywhere...as is Tirico. Too bad they couldn't get Bob Trumpy to go along with Jaws in the booth and ditch those other two...

hamrob
09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
The commish is going to have to send out another memo...telling the coaches to shut up already about the officials. He let Norv get away with it...and now they all think they can criticize the officiating. Payton is just pushing the envelope...since the door was opened.

EastCoastBronco
09-23-2008, 11:09 AM
These guys hate Kornholer too...Great Stuff:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2422_Monday_Night_Favreball_reaches_a_new_low.h tml

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/5_2379_Where_have_you_gone,_Dandy_Don?.html

Reidman
09-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Maybe I missed it but they didn't talk once about the Bronco game during halftime....
thought we'd at least see it in the fastest 3 min segment....:confused:

Oh yeah, TJ is one of the classiest guys. Glad I got a chance to meet him at Tiny Town many years ago...