PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos Make Me Vomit!

jetrazor74
01-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Not literally, but figuratively.

Have you ever had a random stranger, say a store clerk, or cashier, notice your Broncos hat, coat, shirt, jersey and utter these fatal words: "How about those Broncos?" or "Bronco fan, hunh?" or something similar?

You instinctively know that he/she is only making polite conversation. You know they don't want your in depth analysis of the last game, or a dissertation on the state of the franchise. Problem is, you can't stop yourself.

I do it. It's just like vomiting, for lack of a better synonym. I know it's coming. I know that socially, it's not what should happen. I know I should say, "Hell yeah," or, "Go Broncos!" and leave it at that, move on with my day and let them get on with theirs.

Problem is, it comes out anyway, and once it's begun, I can't stop until it's run it's course. I've held up lines in hardware stores, grocery stores, gas stations, and Driver's License lines. I've bored the crap out of friends and relatives at Christmas parties, kid's birthday parties, family gatherings, and complete strangers at other social functions.

When Mrs. Jet is standing there, I can see the horrified, "Oh dear God in Heaven, please not again!" look in her eyes when someone asks me, "What's going on with the Broncos?" or, "Who are they going to draft this year?"

I usually get a stern lecture later... but the thing is, I already know it. I can see it coming in slow motion yet am powerless to stop it.

The upside is that fellow Broncos fans who know me tend to use me as their source for updates on the team. They know, and I know, that when they ask what's going on, they'll get as much detail as I know, and they appreciate it.

So, does the subject of the Broncos make anyone else hurl out dissertations?

SoCalImport
01-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Nice one.
Usually if I'm talking to one of my brothers and they ask me about the Broncos, or more often than not, take a shot at the Broncos because they know I'll take the bate. One of them listens to Sirius Radio NFL talk all the time. His favourite line is "Tebow will probably make a good TE".

Fan in Exile
01-30-2011, 08:05 AM

Have you ever had a random stranger, say a store clerk, or cashier, notice your Broncos hat, coat, shirt, jersey and utter these fatal words: "How about those Broncos?" or "Bronco fan, hunh?" or something similar?

You instinctively know that he/she is only making polite conversation. You know they don't want your in depth analysis of the last game, or a dissertation on the state of the franchise. Problem is, you can't stop yourself.

I do it. It's just like vomiting, for lack of a better synonym. I know it's coming. I know that socially, it's not what should happen. I know I should say, "Hell yeah," or, "Go Broncos!" and leave it at that, move on with my day and let them get on with theirs.

Problem is, it comes out anyway, and once it's begun, I can't stop until it's run it's course. I've held up lines in hardware stores, grocery stores, gas stations, and Driver's License lines. I've bored the crap out of friends and relatives at Christmas parties, kid's birthday parties, family gatherings, and complete strangers at other social functions.

When Mrs. Jet is standing there, I can see the horrified, "Oh dear God in Heaven, please not again!" look in her eyes when someone asks me, "What's going on with the Broncos?" or, "Who are they going to draft this year?"

I usually get a stern lecture later... but the thing is, I already know it. I can see it coming in slow motion yet am powerless to stop it.

The upside is that fellow Broncos fans who know me tend to use me as their source for updates on the team. They know, and I know, that when they ask what's going on, they'll get as much detail as I know, and they appreciate it.

I want to make a duplicate account just so I can high five this post again. :salute:

It's also why I love my Grandmother, she's a sweet old lady who just watches the Bronco's games because she knows that's what I'm going to talk about.

PAINTERDAVE
01-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Like any one else who is crazy enough to be here in the off season...
I LOVE my Broncos.

It kills me when somebody slams 'em...
but when we end up 2nd worst in the league there is no defense.

So I patiently, quickly, and conscisly list the things to look forward to.

Tebow.. the new coach... the draft pick #2 over all...
the great draft position in the top of each round...
our O-line is now reasy for it;s second year together....

but folks who just see the wins or losses..
they could care less...

PAINTERDAVE
01-30-2011, 12:29 PM
I'll say one other thing, though.

EVERYONE I talk to is pretty excited about Tebow.

They might not know much about the team...
but they ALL expect it to be better with our new QB....

If Fox and Elway were to trot our Orton next year....
I think the fan base would go crazy.

When I try to tell them that there has been no starter declared...
they universally say...
"Tebow is our QB.. what are you talking about?"

Just sayin'... that is the major perception I see out there...
Disgust with the losses... but hope about the future with a new coach and QB.

spikerman
01-30-2011, 12:31 PM

I do the exact same thing, but I don't worry about people getting bored. I figure deep down inside everybody is a Broncos' fan. Right KCL? :beer:

Ravage!!!
01-30-2011, 12:53 PM

great post that is so well expressed. I know the EXACT feeling you are referring to, because everything you say, has to have a precursor! Help anyone that says something like "man, your last coach really hurt you guys".... cause I turn into some kind of wiki-leaks informant!

gnomeflinger
01-30-2011, 12:55 PM
If I see someone with a Broncos shirt or hat on, I go out of my way to tell them they have awesome taste. I'm in Seahawk country, with the next closest being the (gag) Raiders, so having a Bronco fan on sight is sometimes like seeing a Bald Eagle. They're out there, but if you blink, you'll miss them.

spikerman
01-30-2011, 01:36 PM
If I see someone with a Broncos shirt or hat on, I go out of my way to tell them they have awesome taste. I'm in Seahawk country, with the next closest being the (gag) Raiders, so having a Bronco fan on sight is sometimes like seeing a Bald Eagle. They're out there, but if you blink, you'll miss them.

I know what you mean. I live in Cowboys country (even though Houston is closer) and people here are mortified when they find out I'm a Broncos' fan. They find it inconceivable that anybody could not like the Cowboys.

I remember after the two SB wins the football fans here looked at me with some envy, now they look at me with pity. Sad, really.

Dreadnought
01-30-2011, 01:52 PM
The last year and a half have been unendurable. My office is a well known virtual Bronco shrine. People have come from other departments just to stop in and either

A) make fun of the Broncos; or

B) even worse, offer up fake condolences and commisseration

As for A) I wouldn't bite by trying to defend the indefensible, i.e. the course this team has been on during the McDaniels tenure. As for B) they are mostly Jets, Giants, and Pats fans. They have more to brag about, no doubt, but at least they are shut up for the time being. The exception is the one loudmouth Raider fan, but he is easy to shut up given their past ten years - or just by mentioning the name of the late Rob Lytle and how come raider fans can't get over the fact that the refs got his non-fumble call right back in 77 :D

topscribe
01-30-2011, 02:16 PM
I often wear one of my Broncos jerseys when I go out into public. Before, I
would be walking down the sidewalk, and someone invariably would yell from a
car, "Go Broncos!" (I'm in Tucson, remember, not in Broncos country.)

I haven't heard a lot of that lately . . . :tsk:

-----

sneakers
01-30-2011, 05:24 PM
I live in Wisconsin, who are the Broncos? :D

Lonestar
01-30-2011, 05:50 PM
I have no issues with the Broncos win or lose the are my team.

Have seen it all before nothing new to see or react to.

I know that next year I'd they have a good offseason, acquiring D talent.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

jetrazor74
01-31-2011, 01:53 AM
I have no issues with the Broncos win or lose the are my team.

Have seen it all before nothing new to see or react to.

I know that next year I'd they have a good offseason, acquiring D talent.

I'm not sure you read the OP. :confused:

Back to the topic, where I live it's mostly Broncos fans, so most aren't bashing the Broncos when they ask me about them, they're fans too. Problem is they're only trying to make polite conversation.

I'll sit there, going on and on, Mrs. Jet glaring at me, and they'll get this "cornered" look on their face and start actively looking for some escape route.

And despite the fact I can recognize their desperation to get away from me, I'm physically unable to stop vomiting a Broncos, state of the franchise speech at them!

Mrs. Jet is skeptical when I tell her I can't help it. She thinks I have some sort of mental illness.

I tell her I do... it's called Bronco-itis, and I don't want to be cured! :lol:

Lonestar
01-31-2011, 02:37 AM
Actually reading the title was enoungh for me. That is why I posted what I did.

I know just how important it is for you to be in control. But here things wander off topic easy.

Northman
01-31-2011, 04:55 AM
Yeeeeep. When i started work last week i was carrying around my Bronco dufflebag and a guy commented "Oh god, a Bronco fan" in which he was a Raider fan so naturally i had to take my lumps with that. But he was even more annoyed because it had a pic of Elway on there so i reminded him how the days were when Elway would beat them regulary and he agreed but went right back to the present. You cant avoid it no matter who it is. First day of work i watched as a younger guy came in with his Polomalu jersey on and talking all his smack right off the bat.

LordTrychon
01-31-2011, 08:31 AM

I know just how important it is for you to be in control. But here things wander off topic easy.

Moreso when trolls decide to respond to something not even related to the actual topic... but that's besides the point.

Good thing that it's ok for things to be besides the point here! :beer:

The title was ironical, JR.

:welcome:

UnderArmour
01-31-2011, 09:08 AM
I feel the same way. It's not even like we're making excuses either in our rants, we just have a lot to say. Even when we were 13-3 and hosted the AFC Championship game, the entire Denver fan base was screaming about our lack of a run defense and lack of a pass rush. Certainly these were justifiable claims, but that was our best season since our last SB win but the way everyone talks about those Broncos, they may as well have gone 4-12 like the current ones. Our defense that year was respectable but since then we've been atrocious in every regard. The loss of Al Wilson was devastating for this franchise and we have yet to really recover from that. Whoops, looks like I just did exactly what you warned about.

Foochacho
01-31-2011, 10:57 AM

Durpa Durp a Duurrrrrrr

Cugel
01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
The exception is the one loudmouth Raider fan, but he is easy to shut up given their past ten years - or just by mentioning the name of the late Rob Lytle and how come raider fans can't get over the fact that the refs got his non-fumble call right back in 77 :D

Raider fans are easy to shut up! Just smile, and say "tuck-rule baby! Tuck-rule! That is like the best rule ever!" :laugh:

They are all still so livid about that play that they always lose their cool and start arguing that it was a fumble.

That will IMMEDIATELY get them off the topic of the Broncos!

That should do the trick. If he still persists, do an imitation of Tony Siragusa falling on Rich Gannon's shoulder.

Or respond: "I wonder what JaMarcus Russell is doing for a living right now? Well, he doesn't have to do much I guess because he's still got that $31 million guaranteed money he got from the Raiders!"

Here's some more good material on Russell you can slip into conversation:

On November 2, 2010, it was reported that Russell worked out for the Washington Redskins, along with about two dozen other free agents. It was also reported that Russell weighed 286 pounds at the workout. :eek:

"Did you know Steve Wyche claimed that Russell is the biggest draft bust in NFL history?"

"Did you know that JaMarcus Russell lasted the SHORTEST amount of time with his drafting team than any QB taken #1 overall in NFL history?"

hotcarl
01-31-2011, 04:27 PM
thanks OP, they make me vomit too!!!

i puke all the time!!!!!!!!

jetrazor74
01-31-2011, 10:40 PM

Yeah, it was pretty obvious that you jumped to conclusions.

Thankfully, most people like to know what they're actually responding to before making contrary comments.

What is also obvious is your passive aggressive attempt to start an argument.

tubby
02-01-2011, 12:05 AM
I feel the same way. It's not even like we're making excuses either in our rants, we just have a lot to say. Even when we were 13-3 and hosted the AFC Championship game, the entire Denver fan base was screaming about our lack of a run defense and lack of a pass rush. Certainly these were justifiable claims, but that was our best season since our last SB win but the way everyone talks about those Broncos, they may as well have gone 4-12 like the current ones. Our defense that year was respectable but since then we've been atrocious in every regard. The loss of Al Wilson was devastating for this franchise and we have yet to really recover from that. Whoops, looks like I just did exactly what you warned about.

The Broncos Run D was awesome in 2005 so I'm not really sure what you are talking about there. Lack of a pass rush, yes.

Either way, Al Wilson was BOSS.

:defense:

turftoad
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
The Broncos Run D was awesome in 2005 so I'm not really sure what you are talking about there. Lack of a pass rush, yes.

Either way, Al Wilson was BOSS.

:defense:

Agreed. We need a new BOSS on "D". Bottom line.

frauschieze
02-01-2011, 12:40 AM

Don't be a jerk. I'm sure the Broncos make you vomit, too. In fact, from the amount of time you spend on this and many other Broncos sites, and how eager and willing you are to tell all your opinion and the facts as you see them, I would wager a handsome sum of money on it.

Try reading the original post. It's a good one!

G_Money
02-01-2011, 01:12 PM
I have never in my life given a rambling dissertation about the state of the Broncos.

Can't imagine such a thing.

~G

Lonestar
02-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Don't be a jerk. I'm sure the Broncos make you vomit, too. In fact, from the amount of time you spend on this and many other Broncos sites, and how eager and willing you are to tell all your opinion and the facts as you see them, I would wager a handsome sum of money on it.

Try reading the original post. It's a good one!

How totally wrong you are. Now speak about the former defacto GM that could be true. (vomit)

For all the time we have spent debating issuses behind the scences how little you know bout me.

I have stated my opinion of the OP atleast once in this thread.

Now back the the topic and let's not debate me as I'm not the topic.
:focus:

GEM
02-01-2011, 01:24 PM
How totally wrong you are. Now speak about the former defacto GM that could be true. (vomit)

For all the time we have spent debating issuses behind the scences how little you know bout me.

You admitted that you didn't even bother reading the first post. You read the title and replied to that. HAD you taken the time to actually read the original post, perhaps your reply would have had something to do with the topic of the thread.

SO, before telling other to get back on topic...you should figure out what the topic is.

BroncoNut
02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
why is everyone picking on lonestar?

BroncoAV06
02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
No I do not give the dude I am buying a sandwhich from a lecture on the Broncos. Nice your a fan but those poor people could care less about what you think the Broncos could do in round 4, they just want the money for your slurpee.

BroncoNut
02-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I am proud to be a denver bronco fan. the broncos do not make me vomit, but some of the things that have gone on in the organization as of late makes me want to vomit maybe.

TXBRONC
02-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Because it's not your turn yet.

spikerman
02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
McDaniels? :confused:

horsepig
02-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Wow! Great OP. One of the best written and expressed in a while. Five up!

TXBRONC
02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
McDaniels? :confused:

It's got to be him, he's last head coach to have that authority. :whoknows:

jetrazor74
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I am proud to be a denver bronco fan. the broncos do not make me vomit, but some of the things that have gone on in the organization as of late makes me want to vomit maybe.

:laugh: You didn't bother to read the OP either, did you? :laugh:

jetrazor74
02-01-2011, 11:35 PM

This is incorrect. You gave your opinion of the title of the thread. :lol:

Had you actually given your opinion on the post itself, I bet it might be different.

PAINTERDAVE
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
This is incorrect. You gave your opinion of the title of the thread. :lol:

Had you actually given your opinion on the post itself, I bet it might be different.

And a mighty fine read it was..... :D

frauschieze
02-02-2011, 01:12 AM

:laugh:

This only proves exactly how well I DO know you.

The OP is not about the Broncos making someone ACTUALLY vomit, but loving them SO much that you find yourself giving detailed analysis to anyone who says anything about the Broncos.

You DO love the Broncos, Jr. A TON. You are a diehard fan with very strong convictions about every facet of the organization and its storied history. And you like to talk about it. A LOT.

Hence, the Broncos make you vomit.

I win. :D

Lonestar
02-02-2011, 02:38 AM
:laugh:
This only proves exactly how well I DO know you.
The OP is not about the Broncos making someone ACTUALLY vomit, but loving them SO much that you find yourself giving detailed analysis to anyone who says anything about the Broncos.
You DO love the Broncos, Jr. A TON. You are a diehard fan with very strong convictions about every facet of the organization and its storied history. And you like to talk about it. A LOT.
Hence, the Broncos make you vomit
I win. :D

In your fondest dreams. But good try.

frauschieze
02-02-2011, 08:28 AM
In your fondest dreams. But good try.

:lol:

So you don't like to talk about the Broncos, Jr? You're not a diehard fan? You don't know oodles of information on every aspect of the team, often times better than everyone else?

Your obstinacy is utterly ridiculous, and yet amusing. Have you actually read the original post yet?

LordTrychon
02-02-2011, 09:37 AM

So you don't like to talk about the Broncos, Jr? You're not a diehard fan? You don't know oodles of information on every aspect of the team, often times better than everyone else?

Your obstinacy is utterly ridiculous, and yet amusing. Have you actually read the original post yet?

Or the replies of every other member in the thread stating that it's exactly how they feel, or that they loved the post? Or that they do the same thing?

Or did you at least read the response Frau gave you where she tried to summarize what it meant for you? To which you basically responded that no, you did not love the Broncos, or talking about them?

BroncoNut
02-02-2011, 10:22 AM

Actuallly, I just read this Jet, you were correct, I responded to the title only. good analogy. I suppose I can relate, however it's been awhile since I've been that passionate on anything. Once in a while I stall have moments, but I will comment that people like you probably drive me nuts eventually, as I am sure I do others at times. to use an example, I get my rabbit food from a guy who talks on and on and on about anything. Great guy, but it can be difficult getting away from him and I am to much of a ***** to assert myself and get out of the situation. I've also noticed that people don't really listen to me for any significant length of time. I can usually see their eyes glazing over after a few seconds. In fact, I am betting that you quit reading this post after the 3rd sentence because here I go.

Lonestar
02-02-2011, 10:51 AM

Actually other than here I rarely talk about the broncos.
As for the most part thereare few if anything but cowgirl fans around here.
I do not wear bronco gear when out and about. If I see someone wearing some thing other than cowgirl gear I will converse about their team. Rarely do I speak about the broncos other than to other fans.

So I stand by my OP on the matter.

GEM
02-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Actually other than here I rarely talk about the broncos.
As for the most part thereare few if anything but cowgirl fans around here.
I do not wear bronco gear when out and about. If I see someone wearing some thing other than cowgirl gear I will converse about their team. Rarely do I speak about the broncos other than to other fans.

So I stand by my OP on the matter.

Your OP had nothing to do with the matter...

BroncoNut
02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I think what Jet was getting at is that his talk on the Broncos, when asked, spews forth from him like projectile vomiting.

BroncoAV06
02-02-2011, 02:43 PM
I think what Jet was getting at is that his talk on the Broncos, when asked, spews forth from him like projectile vomiting.

You think people would read things but no they go into basic response mode and spout out something about coaches or moves instead of what the post was actually about.

Lonestar
02-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Your OP had nothing to do with the matter...

Normally would not mind being two timed byacouple of hot chicks.

But Once again I'm not the topic here.

I Eat Staples
02-02-2011, 07:58 PM

When you post without bothering to read the OP you shouldn't expect yourself to not become the topic in some way.

Day1BroncoFan
02-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I just say "Expect the Broncos to kick your teams ass next season." When they laugh I laugh louder, then puck on their shoes.

EDIT:

Just caught the mistake... should say puke not puck. :D

BroncoAV06
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I just say "Expect the Broncos to kick your teams ass next season." When they laugh I laugh louder, then puck on their shoes.

^^^^^^Win.

NameUsedBefore
02-03-2011, 12:26 AM
I talked to a Packers fan today. All I could muster to say about Denver was that we suck.

NameUsedBefore
02-03-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm sorry.

GEM
02-03-2011, 10:41 AM

Since none of your posts have touched the subject, I would suggest you go find another Cutler thread to post in. Stop sullying up this one.

tubby
02-04-2011, 02:16 AM
i talked to a packers fan today. All i could muster to say about denver was that we suck.

xxxii

Lonestar
02-05-2011, 10:12 AM

It is easy to because I hold differing views than most here.

I do not see Josh as the devil like many here do.

It makes it easier to make me the topic instead of talking debating and issue.

Lonestar
02-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Since none of your posts have touched the subject, I would suggest you go find another Cutler thread to post in. Stop sullying up this one.

Probably time to reread them. Before making a blanket statement like that.

Lonestar
02-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I talked to a Packers fan today. All I could muster to say about Denver was that we suck.

How soon they forget many yeArs of sucking themselves.