PDA

View Full Version : Epic battle: The fourth worst offense against the fourth worst defense!

Kaylore
09-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Who wins? Who will own it? Chiefs are at home! but they've scored more on the road. We actually play better on the road.

Who wins in this cripple fight?!?!?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/drycountykev/SM1082Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

What epic power we will behold!!!!!!:lol:

Dreadnought
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Our D will actually look decent against these stiffs. We shouldn't allow ourselves to be fooled, though, nor are we as bad as Drew Brees made us look.

ApaOps5
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
when these 2 behemoths collide a black hole will form over Arrowhead Stadium and suck the sweater vest right off of Hermy rendering the Chiefs powerless and hapless. Thus setting into motion the epic 0-16 season. A run for the memories.

girler
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh that's sad. :tongue: I was hoping for more of another faiders-type game.

Mike
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
when these 2 behemoths collide a black hole will form over Arrowhead Stadium and suck the sweater vest right off of Hermy rendering the Chiefs powerless and hapless. Thus setting into motion the epic 0-16 season. A run for the memories.

Not if Pigpen has any say in the matter.

underrated29
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
They cant pass thats for sure, but so far the speed guys have killed is this year.

Dmac- so,so
sproles-killed us
bush-killed us
Jamal charles- has potential to..............get raped by us. I think jarvis moss and crow,doom get their first double digit sacks this game.

denbroncofan26
09-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Who wins? Who will own it? Chiefs are at home! but they've scored more on the road. We actually play better on the road.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/drycountykev/SM1082Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA Great pic to go along with the thread!

That being said I'll take Timmmaaay (Broncos D) in this one.
We should have enough talent to make the Chiefs pathetic offense look bad, I mean if Oakland can do it....

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Broncos 9-6

Totally EPIC defensive battle next week. You heard it here first.

Bronco4ever
09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I'd like to know what 3 offenses are actually worse than the Chef's O. In our LOWEST scoring game of the year, we scored more than the Chiefs have the entire season.

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM

I always wondered about this, because it seems to happen a lot. As much as it is an advantage to have a deafening crowd making things difficult on the offense, I sometimes think it's equally hard on the defense....especially now with the defensive headsets coming into play. How can DJ hear anything with the crowd going nuts?

scott.475
09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
You all are forgetting something very important about Herm and KC:

YOU PLAY

TO WIN

THE GAME!

DomCasual
09-22-2008, 03:06 PM
We're the fourth-worst defense?

That leaves me to wonder.

What does one have to do to be the first-worst?:noidea:

LRtagger
09-22-2008, 03:16 PM
After tonight's game we will be the third worst in the league.

And we are the ONLY team in the league to give up more than 300 yards passing per game. We have given up 130 more passing yards than any other team in the league.

denbroncofan26
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
After tonight's game we will be the third worst in the league.

And we are the ONLY team in the league to give up more than 300 yards passing per game. We have given up 130 more passing yards than any other team in the league.

wow thats sad...our d-line needs to step their **** up

Skinny
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
31-3 good guys.

Our defense may actually match up well with KCs offense. LJ is my biggest concern. He wanted the ball more before the Atlanta game and he got his wish. He had a decent game and more than likely Herm will feed him alot of carries again, atleast while their still in the game and don't have to resort to throwing. Stop LJ and we could dominate this game.

Kaylore
09-22-2008, 04:42 PM
I'd like to know what 3 offenses are actually worse than the Chef's O. In our LOWEST scoring game of the year, we scored more than the Chiefs have the entire season.

How's this for crazy:

The Steelers, the Bengals, The Rams and the Browns.

All four not too long ago were considered offensive juggernauts. Pretty crazy.

underrated29
09-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I dont like to get to cocky, cuz then we overlook a team and lose. Seriously though. Champ shuts down dwayne bowe, dre locks on to Tony G. and the rest of the defense is free to Own LJ and their QB. I dont know how they put up more than 50 yards on us.

But if the faiders can score 14 on us i suppose they will be good for 7. Half the team half the score.

Broncolingus
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
31-3 good guys.

Our defense may actually match up well with KCs offense. LJ is my biggest concern. He wanted the ball more before the Atlanta game and he got his wish. He had a decent game and more than likely Herm will feed him alot of carries again, atleast while their still in the game and don't have to resort to throwing. Stop LJ and we could dominate this game.

I agree and am concerned with LJ...in fact, once again, I am concerned with this game.

At this point, I am not confident at all with this defense and it is unrealistic to expect the offense to put 40 points up EVERY week.

In fact, Denver's offense only put up 27 on the Aint's, which was a secondary Denver was 'supposed' to carve apart.

Division game, on the road, anyone who's watched Denver for years know's these games are tough to call.

I do not think Denver will blow KC out...

topscribe
09-22-2008, 05:31 PM

That would worry me, were it not for Denver's #2 offense against KC's #25 defense . . .

-----

G_Money
09-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Well, I think this is the game in which we practice the run. Oakland ran over, around and through KC's defense, and we'd like to get our OL some practice at it at some point, I'd think.

So if we come out to run the ball and can't, KC could stick with us for a while.

I still think we win handily. It's not very often we get to hand it to the Chiefs in Arrowhead. Now would be a good time to forcefeed another very painful loss down their throats.

~G

Skinny
09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
I agree and am concerned with LJ...in fact, once again, I am concerned with this game.

At this point, I am not confident at all with this defense and it is unrealistic to expect the offense to put 40 points up EVERY week.

In fact, Denver's offense only put up 27 on the Aint's, which was a secondary Denver was 'supposed' to carve apart.

Division game, on the road, anyone who's watched Denver for years know's these games are tough to call.This is true.

I do not think Denver will blow KC out...If it was Huard starting, i think this game would be a lot closer.

KCL
09-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Denver will win..KC has no Offense or Defense. I don't think it'll take much
to stop LJ.He had his best game of the season yesterday.

I don't think you all have anything to be concerned with.Thigpen is lousy.
He couldn't hit a WR or Tony for nothing.When he finally settled down,the O shined a little but it was too late.Our D sucks.They cannot stop the run.
Surtain is probably out again and I doubt our rookie corners can keep up.

Denver has this one.All they have to do is show up.Our best chance would be to go with Huard.But knowing Herm,he'll play Thigpen again.

SR
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
The problem with our D this year is not that we suck, it's that we jump out to these massive leads and FORCE the offense to move the ball. Our choaching staff has been doing an amazing job of scripting the first few plays and letting Jay run wild. It has forced teams to be desperate early, and thus racking up massive amounts of yards. It's a Catch-22 big time, but our defense is not as bad as people make it out to be and it has come up big for us (a-la yesterday's goal line stand DJ and Webster having double digit solo tackles) when they needed to. It's not that bad. I think you'll see a solid defensive effort against the Chefs (great googly moogly) next week.

topscribe
09-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Denver will win..KC has no Offense or Defense. I don't think it'll take much
to stop LJ.He had his best game of the season yesterday.

I don't think you all have anything to be concerned with.Thigpen is lousy.
He couldn't hit a WR or Tony for nothing.When he finally settled down,the O shined a little but it was too late.Our D sucks.They cannot stop the run.
Surtain is probably out again and I doubt our rookie corners can keep up.

Denver has this one.All they have to do is show up.Our best chance would be to go with Huard.But knowing Herm,he'll play Thigpen again.

I have never seen the Broncos play in Arrowhead where all they have to do is
show up, KCL. I always worry when they go to KC, no matter how they compare
on paper.

I guess I would be surprised if the Broncos lose, yet it wouldn't be the first time.

-----

slim
09-22-2008, 08:56 PM
They cant pass thats for sure, but so far the speed guys have killed is this year.

Dmac- so,so
sproles-killed us
bush-killed us
Jamal charles- has potential to..............get raped by us. I think jarvis moss and crow,doom get their first double digit sacks this game.

Neither Sproles nor Bush killed us running the ball. Jamal Charles has no chance running the ball against us. Can he catch?

KCL
09-22-2008, 11:06 PM
I have never seen the Broncos play in Arrowhead where all they have to do is
show up, KCL. I always worry when they go to KC, no matter how they compare
on paper.

I guess I would be surprised if the Broncos lose, yet it wouldn't be the first time.

-----

Watch this weekend Top.This team has nothing! :tsk:
We do have some good players but they can't do it all.

Bronco Yoda
09-23-2008, 12:03 AM
I say the cheifs horrible O beats our retarded D and actually scores 30 points....

Unfortunately for the Chefs Cutler scores 60 points ! :)

dogfish
09-23-2008, 12:05 AM
31-3 good guys.

yea, but how much can he really run for in the first ten minutes?

:noidea:

we win the epic battle going away-- our D is putrid, but not THAT putrid! last year's garbage unit actually looked good against the chefs, and i can't see that we've regressed that much. . . .

Kaylore
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Neither Sproles nor Bush killed us running the ball. Jamal Charles has no chance running the ball against us. Can he catch?

Um, Sproles averaged like 9.5 yards per carry against us.

topscribe
09-23-2008, 12:58 PM

Actually, Sproles averaged 7.6 YPC, which can still be viewed as too much, of
course, but a lot of that was after the Chargers were passing the Broncos to
death, and so the Broncos were spread out, trying to slow the pass down. So
that average (which Sproles had only seven carries) would not seem a reliable
representative of the Broncos' rush defense.

-----

slim
09-23-2008, 01:16 PM

Um, you may want to buy some new batteries for your calculator :hi:

He only had 53 yard for the game, granted they came on only 7 carries...but, I'm really not worried about our run D.

Cugel
09-23-2008, 04:28 PM
31-3 good guys.

Denver's defense doesn't match up well against anybody's offense. The Little Sisters of the Poor give them a hard time. :coffee:

Realistically, this is a trap game that Denver could easily lose. A horrible team with a terrible offense and a mediocre defense.

Yet, all it will take is for the Chiefs to move the ball on Denver and score some points. Then suddenly they start believing in themselves. The crowd that hasn't had a thing to cheer about all year is back screaming their heads off. The Chiefs start feeding off that. Before you know it, it's a desperate dogfight.

That would be my guess. I'd be taking Kansas City and the points this week. It's going to be another close game.

Skinny
09-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Looks like Huard could start Sunday against Broncos...

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Saddled with a 12-game losing streak, the rebuilding Kansas City Chiefs may decide they need a win more than a long look at a young quarterback.

Without coming right out and saying so, coach Herm Edwards strongly hinted Tuesday that veteran Damon Huard would probably get the nod on Sunday against Denver and that second-year man Tyler Thigpen would return to the bench after one start.

“I’ll decide on that tomorrow. Sleep on it a little bit more,” Edwards said. “I’m leaning that way. I’ve got to address the team, exactly what we’re going to do.”

Huard has played very well in previous games. Definitely could be a very close game with him starting.

MOtorboat
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Looks like Huard could start Sunday against Broncos...
Huard has played very well in previous games. Definitely could be a very close game with him starting.

Damn.

SarahKay
09-24-2008, 03:12 PM
We come out on top no doubt. Should be a fun game.. I don't get to watch it. :tsk:

4-0 here we come! :salute:

Bronx33
09-24-2008, 03:37 PM
KC scores 7 on accident..

Superchop 7
09-24-2008, 04:09 PM
The defense had better step up.

Jobs are on the line.

BroncoJoe
09-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Broncos, 51-0

MasterShake
09-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Broncos, 51-0

I can buy that!

One thing I am sick of hearing is, "You guys would be 1-2 if it wasn't for that bad call and missed FG". If we were 1-2, I'd be saying we'd be 3-0 if it wasn't for that unforced fumble and bad call on the fumble by Scheffler. Oh well. This should be a fun season. :salute:

BroncoJoe
09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
I can buy that!

One thing I am sick of hearing is, "You guys would be 1-2 if it wasn't for that bad call and missed FG". If we were 1-2, I'd be saying we'd be 3-0 if it wasn't for that unforced fumble and bad call on the fumble by Scheffler. Oh well. This should be a fun season. :salute:

I'm calling it right now:

It's going to be a slaughter. Chiefs won't score, and we won't punt.

Mark my words.

MasterShake
09-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm calling it right now:

It's going to be a slaughter. Chiefs won't score, and we won't punt.

Mark my words.

I will mark your words.... with blood! GO BRONCOS! :salute:

KCL
09-29-2008, 04:45 AM

Division game, on the road, anyone who's watched Denver for years know's these games are tough to call.

I do not think Denver will blow KC out...

You called this game right! I didn't give the Chiefs a chance but with an 0-3 start...most people didn't.