PDA

View Full Version : Schefflers fumble

crawdad
09-22-2008, 01:44 PM
It is a moot point but I was at the game and although my vision was somewhat impaired, I thought he never had control of the ball. Enlighten me.

Kaylore
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
It was tough to say. Its one of those calls that could have gone either way. I figured in the cosmic sense we deserved to fumble it down there to make things right.

And high five for spelling it "moot" and not "mute" or "mood" point. That's a personal pet peeve of mine.:salute:

O-ManePunisher
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
he fumbled in slow motion i tell ya that...

NightTrainLayne
It is a moot point but I was at the game and although my vision was somewhat impaired, I thought he never had control of the ball. Enlighten me.

It's one of those plays where the ruling on the field determined it.

Had it been ruled an incomplete pass to begin with, it wouldn't have been overturned. However, it was ruled a catch and fumble and there wasn't enough to overturn that way either.

It was a close call. I could see it going either way. If we still had the "football move" rule from two years ago I'm pretty sure it would have been overturned, but the bar has been lowered for receptions.

BMF Bronco
It was is a sketchy call, but I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who is going to bitch about a call like that around here for a while.

And high five for spelling it "moot" and not "mute" or "mood" point. That's a personal pet peeve of mine.

And don't forget about Joey Tribiani's "moo" point

ApaOps5
09-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah its a total mood point. But I think there was no way the official was going overturn such a close call especially with the emphasis brought on by last week.

O-ManePunisher
09-22-2008, 01:52 PM
God damn Spelling nazis

ApaOps5
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
It was is a sketchy call, but I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who is going to bitch about a call like that around here for a while.

That is up there with "Hold me Closer Tony Danza" in all time Friends funnies.

underrated29
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
it was a fumble and it was the right call. But like the others said had it been ruled incomplete evidence was such that it would have been hard to rule it a fumble too.

shank
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
BMF watches friends

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
BMF watches friends

hahaha, um, no I don't, I uhhh, heard it from a guy.

O-ManePunisher
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
bmf watches friends

lmao!

scott.475
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
And high five for spelling it "moot" and not "mute" or "mood" point. That's a personal pet peeve of mine.:salute:

No doubt!

their-there-they're
are-our
no-know

But the one...the one that makes me want to through my computer against a wall is using "should of", "could of" and "would of" for "should've (should have)", "could've (could have)", "should've" (should have"). Don't get me started on punctuation, capitalization, and spelling!

What were we talking about again? :D

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2008, 02:03 PM
is mi spelin' good 'nough for u'all?

It was a fumble. He had possession and took two steps.

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:06 PM
It was tough to say. Its one of those calls that could have gone either way. I figured in the cosmic sense we deserved to fumble it down there to make things right.

Yep. No way they were going to give us that call two weeks in a row. The rest of the league would of been rioting. It was far too close to call anyway and the call on the field trumped the review.

Shep
09-22-2008, 02:15 PM

LOL. "It's like a cow's opinion" I love that episode.

Beantown Bronco
09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
If this play took place in the EZ, I have a real hard time believing they would've awareded Schef a TD for it because the ball was moving around and was all over the place, but that is in essence what they did by ruling it a catch and fumble.

ambiguous
09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Yep, karma's a bitch.

I thought about last week when that happened, and felt a bit better.

There are bigger fish to fry this week though, let's all get back to complaining about out our _efense.

OMorange&blue
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
No doubt!

their-there-they're
are-our
no-know

But the one...the one that makes me want to through my computer against a wall is using "should of", "could of" and "would of" for "should've (should have)", "could've (could have)", "should've" (should have"). Don't get me started on punctuation, capitalization, and spelling!

Classic. :coffee:

Tned
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Yes, it's a mute point (;)), since it didn't bite us in the end.

I think it might have been one of those that whichever way it went on the field was how they were going to call it. I don't know if they still have the two feet down situation, when it is an open field catch (the rule varies based on in the field of play, endzone and going out of bounds, as I understand it).

It was virtually impossible to tell if he controlled it right before or after he took the first step. There was clearly one step when he had full control, and he might have gained full control right before, right as, or right after he took that first step.

I think it was too close to overturn.

smith49
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
No doubt!

their-there-they're
are-our
no-know

well here is the thing bout that. if it was like the rules of a couple of yrs ago, or even last yr, it would have been incomplete. soooo, i think it was the write call. in slow mo when the boys from fox wer lookin at it it surly lookd like a fumble but that was slo mo, so who knows if the ref looked at it in real time or if he looked at it in slo mo as well or both. anyhow, in my opinion it could of been called either way, but it should of been called the way it was. or something like that.:D

scott.475
09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Classic. :coffee:

CRAP! I knew I was going to do something like that! Oh well, I'm not even going to change it, just to punish myself for lousy proof-reading.

LordTrychon
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
No doubt!

their-there-they're
are-our
no-know

There's misplaced punctuation in your name.

:coffee:

LRtagger
09-22-2008, 04:10 PM
well here is the thing bout that. if it was like the rules of a couple of yrs ago, or even last yr, it would have been incomplete. soooo, i think it was the write call. in slow mo when the boys from fox wer lookin at it it surly lookd like a fumble but that was slo mo, so who knows if the ref looked at it in real time or if he looked at it in slo mo as well or both. anyhow, in my opinion it could of been called either way, but it should of been called the way it was. or something like that.:D

AHHHHHH

::head explodes::

scott.475
09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
hukt no fonix wrkt fr us!

jrelway
09-22-2008, 04:52 PM
T.Scheffler needs to be on the field more.

hamrob
09-22-2008, 06:49 PM
He caught the ball and made a football move (slightly). The thing that I couldn't figure out was that the announces said that they had changed the rules this year...and that he had to have two steps or something to be considered a catch. The Ref never explained the ruling.

NorthernLights
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM

Originally, "moot" meant to argue, thus making a moot point is one worth arguing over. It has been used for so long incorrectly, it has actually been adopted to mean irrelevant.

honz
09-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally, "moot" meant to argue, thus making a moot point is one worth arguing over. It has been used for so long incorrectly, it has actually been adopted to mean irrelevant.
That is a moot point.

Ahhhhhh! Which meaning am I using there!?:eek:

beezer
09-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Nobody wants to talk about how we overcame that.

ambiguous
09-23-2008, 01:15 AM
That is a moot point.

Ahhhhhh! Which meaning am I using there!?:eek:

Why ask the question? It's moot now.

SureShot
09-23-2008, 01:23 AM

That was an incomplete imho. That was our makeup call. Or would have been if not for that loser from K State.

topscribe
09-23-2008, 01:35 AM
he fumbled in slow motion i tell ya that...

Yes, that was a good call, definitely a fumble.

Once I removed my orange glasses, I had to admit that . . .

-----

BMF Bronco
09-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I had a hard time removing them but seeing through them was a bit easier with the call the week prior.

Benetto
09-23-2008, 01:18 PM
The defender put his hat on the ball and it squirted out after he had poss. Timing by the defender couldn't have been any better.

Now that I put my Broncos shades on:

He obviously never made a football move or tucked the ball before it was knocked out...BS call, they were just trying to make it up for the week 2 blunder.:D

Doom crew72
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
It was tough to tell at the game, the camera angels weren't the best.

But after watching the highlights and seeing it from a different one, it was clearly a fumble.

He took two steps and had possession.

Good thing we won the game.

BCJ
09-23-2008, 03:45 PM

Yes, and congradulations also on the moot point. Your all dum not nowing this. In spelling, sometimes you win and sometimes you loose.

Off with the comedy and onto the subject, I think he fumbled as he made two moves. If you just need to make a football move, he did. It would have been best if we had a camera shot from the sideline. No way they overturn that play. Better throw and we dont even talk about a missed field goal.

BCJ
09-23-2008, 03:49 PM
It was tough to tell at the game, the camera angels weren't the best.

But after watching the highlights and seeing it from a different one, it was clearly a fumble.

He took two steps and had possession.

Good thing we won the game.

welcome doom and nice seeing ya again this weekend.

Doom crew72
09-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Here as well buddy, good times man

crawdad
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
welcome doom and nice seeing ya again this weekend.

Hey John,

Are you still exiled from the 'mane?

crawdad
09-24-2008, 04:11 PM
The Rolling Stones had an album "Exile on Main (Mane) Steet"