PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 1st in the NFL in goal-to-go percentage

broncobryce
01-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Tebow is obviously a huge reason for this, and Moreno is good on the goal line as well.

We aren't as bad in the redzone as most say either.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/1/25/1954742/denver-broncos-john-fox-is-staying-the-course-on-offense-why

Red Zone %age 13th
Goal to Go %age 1st
Time of Possession 18th

Montana Battlin Bear
01-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Those last few games with Tebow I knew if we got it to the 5 it was gonna end up a touchdown, there was no way from keeping him out of the endzone

horsepig
01-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I betcha Tebow will post some pretty nice 3'rd down conversion nos. too.

WARHORSE
01-29-2011, 04:01 PM
One of the so called 'fluff' stats that many say wouldnt help Tebow in the NFL.

His number of rushing TDs, a stat that the QB gurus say are a testimony against Tebows ability to be a real QB on the NFL level.

But the fact is, the guy put the ball in the endzone. The reason he scored and was unstoppable at the goaline was because he was, and still is, exceptionally adept at getting the ball in the endzone.

And if you look at all the times in the past say, five years, that we have been within the 10 yard line with a first down, and how many times we came away with a field goal vs a touchdown, then you can understand why a guy like Tebow makes such a big difference.

As I said earlier, Tebow is without a doubt, the number one redzone threat overall in the league.

He can crush it up the middle like a FB. He can sprint outside like a HB. And with both those threats staring the defense in the eyes, he can pass the ball to score.

Triple threat, with a high percentage of success.

Add to that a RB with a high percentage of success and play action.......you get the pic.

Go Tebow. Go Broncos.:salute:

underrated29
01-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Like I said before. Aside from the Int against houston. Tebow is 100% for touchdowns inside the redzone.

(no i have not statistically backed this up, but going off of memory I can not recall 1 single time we kicked a FG with him in there.

The NFL can have their Andrew Lucks and pocket passers. I am going to take the guy that will guarantee you a touchdown

Lonestar
01-29-2011, 04:52 PM
I also think that Having the same guys on the oline for those last fw games made a huge difference also.

Remember when Elam lead the NFL in FG's he was deadly inside the 40.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BORDERLINE
01-29-2011, 05:46 PM
With Tebow in the redzone our chances to score go way up.

Teams have to defend the pass but also the run at the same time because Tebow can hurt any defense with his legs.

PAINTERDAVE
01-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Add in a great pass catching TE to this mix...
and I think the Bronco offense wil be pretty potent next season...
if the O-line continues to improve...

Krugan
01-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Great stats, if we can start every drive inside the other teams 20.

Just tossing this out there, because at some point we will have to be able to move the ball into said redzone.

Kinda where these pocket passers come in real handy.

Negative nelly mode shut off.

bcbronc
01-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Tebow may never become a good NFL QB, but his value in the red zone is undeniable.

broncohead
01-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Tebow may never become a good NFL QB, but his value in the red zone is undeniable.

Id like to see us run a steelers type offense. Tebow is better at avoiding sacks the ben. Ben just makes smart throws. We'll just need a better OL to get the running game goin. Im not worried about the D cause I think fox can fix it

Juriga72
01-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I also think that Having the same guys on the oline for those last fw games made a huge difference also.

Remember when Elam lead the NFL in FG's he was deadly inside the 40.

Hmmmmm "Last five games" .... Would that not include Kyles TWO worst, and Tim's three starts.....?

So Tebow gets the nod because "The oline was together for the last five starts"
YET... Ortons suckage is why again? His "injury" that he said didnt happen?

Lonestar
01-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Add in a great pass catching TE to this mix...
and I think the Bronco offense wil be pretty potent next season...
if the O-line continues to improve...

I do not see any reason that we will not see improvement in the OLINE I hope they make a move to get a better ORT on the squad, and hope they do not futz with the running blocking scheme.

the longer these guys work together the more cohesive they get.

Dzone
01-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I do not see any reason that we will not see improvement in the OLINE I hope they make a move to get a better ORT on the squad, and hope they do not futz with the running blocking scheme.

the longer these guys work together the more cohesive they get.
I like that word, "cohesive".

broncobryce
01-29-2011, 11:03 PM

Just tossing this out there, because at some point we will have to be able to move the ball into said redzone.

It's a great stat regardless.

Lonestar
01-29-2011, 11:11 PM
I like that word, "cohesive".

If you look back at all the good teams they consistently have LONG term starters next to each other.. You have to have the guy next to you KNOW what your going to do in a given situation not hesitate thinking about it. that is the key to great oline play.

The Pouncey addition to the PIT OLINE is an anomaly. Where the team got better with a rookie at center.. Usually there is a drop off in productivity.

But if you look back 6-8 years ago the Chefs had a great OLINE and trent green was a stud QB pro bowl several years in a row.

Why because his OLINE had been playing together as a unit for almost a decade.

Their running game was superb also, just had losers for HC Marty and Vermiel. IIRC.

But alas they all got old at the same time. and the team went into the crapper. and now they are spending draft choices on getting quality guys back on the squad, probably why they won the division this year, Plus Norv is also a crappy coach.

I like that we used some top choices on the OL this past year and played their asses into the ground they will be just that much better next year. IMO. Just need to fix the ORT spot with an upgrade and we should be set for a long time. 8-12 years.. Although having some quality back ups won't hurt either.

sneakers
01-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I would hate to see where out defense ranks in this category :shocked:

bcbronc
01-29-2011, 11:24 PM
I would hate to see where out defense ranks in this category :shocked:

I'd be surprised if they finished top 35. ;)

rcsodak
02-01-2011, 09:43 PM

LMAO......damn sodaks...... :lol:

rcsodak
02-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Hmmmmm "Last five games" .... Would that not include Kyles TWO worst, and Tim's three starts.....?

So Tebow gets the nod because "The oline was together for the last five starts"
YET... Ortons suckage is why again? His "injury" that he said didnt happen?

Other than your eyes helping make your point where one isn't, nowhere, did Lonestar say "five games".