PDA

View Full Version : Lucky? 1-2?

jhns
09-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Are you people serious? Is this your first year watching football? Do you know how the game works?

Anyways, I'm not even going to go into a rant about how many games are won as ours have been and how they stay that way in the record books. I won't go on about how the team practices for 80 hours a week to achieve the "luck" that they have. Instead I will just focus on this past game and how we where "lucky" for a missed field goal.

How are we lucky to win this game? We led the entire game..... Oh, it must have been the missed field goal that was "lucky". Well, we did stop them on 3rd down and forced the field goal with 2 minutes left on the clock. Are you all saying that this offense can't get into field goal range with 2 full minutes? The number 1 scoring offense in the league that is up there in every offensive stat can't drive half the field for a field goal? Are you kidding me? You are all saying that our offense is really that horrid? Do you guys even watch the games?

I don't question fans or anyting but seriously....... :rolleyes:

CoachChaz
09-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Good lord...can anyone understand that we are talking about our concern for the next 13 games and not what has already happened? Yes we are 3-0...yes, it required a little bit of luck for us to get there...yes, it is sometimes better to be lucky than good.

But, if we are going to rely on bad calls and missed FG's all year...we are in ALOT of trouble.

jhns
09-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I forgot to add: I say the broncos SHOULD be 3-0. I think they have the #1 scoring offense in the league and a bad defense. I think the #1 offense has been able to cover up the defensive weaknesses and has created a couple of the best games to watch from the last couple of weeks. I say that they have deserved the 3-0 start and that there is a ton of youth on this team that is 3-0. I say that teams with this much youth do not win games and our youth is proving to be some of the best youth in the league.

I know you all want to cry about the defense but we won't have to play many good offenses this season. We have just finished playing the two best that we will see.

I also get that the playoffs are going to be hard. The thing is, I am still happy. How many of you where expecting SB a few weeks ago? Now you all want to cry and act like we should start firing people because we aren't looking like SB contenders but instead just AFCW Champs and possibly deep playoffs. That isn't good enough for a team that a lot thought would be bad and is in the very middle of rebuilding though.... :coffee:

jhns
09-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Good lord...can anyone understand that we are talking about our concern for the next 13 games and not what has already happened? Yes we are 3-0...yes, it required a little bit of luck for us to get there...yes, it is sometimes better to be lucky than good.

But, if we are going to rely on bad calls and missed FG's all year...we are in ALOT of trouble.

That is my point. We didn't rely on a missed FG. It would be wonderful if you all would relize that.

You are again, and just now, telling me that our offense can't drive into field goal range in 2 minutes. That is IF they would have even made the field goal. We didn't even have to try because we locked up the game. Anyways, you are saying that the top offense in the first 3 weeks in not capable of driving into field goal range with 2 full minutes on the clock.

MAKES SENSE TO ME.... or not....

Edit: Also, if you are just talking about your concern then why is it that you are saying the team should have lost? What kind of fan says their team should have lost. Especially in circumstances that favored us even if they made the field goal..... It wasn't luck, stop trying to discredit the team.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Ah, :coffee: hmpf.

OB
09-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Chaz forget it - you will argue all day with these people and get no where - mine as well go to P&R and get a rep to change to a dem or an atheist to a christian :coffee:

Some people cant see the forest through the trees

Most of us realize we are on borrowed time if our D keeps playing like this - the ones that dont have their heads in the sand and IMO dont know much about football if they cant realize a team with this kind of D is going to be lucky to win 7 games

As i said earlier as the season progresses a bad d will weaken and ruin a great offense - period

Mike
09-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I am just enjoying watching my Broncos. Honestly, I remember the lackluster play (on both sides of the ball) last year. The games just weren't fun to watch. I came into the season expecting a 8-8 season, no divisional hopes, no playoffs...so this is all gravy.

I love seeing the offense play this way. I love their confidence...I love seeing them get pissed when they don't score. I think that they can keep pace and carry the defense. They may not get 30+ every game...but against the offenses they will be facing in the next few weeks, they won't have to. They just played against two of the top 5 offenses in the league and I think we should recognize that.

Sit back and relax and remember how young this team is and how they played last year. Enjoy it...January will be here before we know it.

PLUS...we aren't the Chefs. :beer:

DenBronx
09-22-2008, 10:55 AM
omg man...we have gave up 84 points in 3 games. we get huge leads then fade down the stretch. we need to learn how to put teams away. our defense starts out pretty fair then blows the lead. that will get into the mind of the whole team if the keep doing that $%It!

people have a right to be concerned...

jhns
09-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Chaz forget it - you will argue all day with these people and get no where - mine as well go to P&R and get a rep to change to a dem or an atheist to a christian :coffee:

Some people cant see the forest through the trees

Most of us realize we are on borrowed time if our D keeps playing like this - the ones that dont have their heads in the sand and IMO dont know much about football if they cant realize a team with this kind of D is going to be lucky to win 7 games

As i said earlier as the season progresses a bad d will weaken and ruin a great offense - period

Maybe you should make a call into the league office and let them know what you guys are telling me then. THey really need to fix thier score cards. Our D played bad so we should just count the games as forfeits? Give me a break.. We won and we should have won. There is no discrediting the team for that.

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Are you people serious? Is this your first year watching football? Do you know how the game works?

Anyways, I'm not even going to go into a rant about how many games are won as ours have been and how they stay that way in the record books. I won't go on about how the team practices for 80 hours a week to achieve the "luck" that they have. Instead I will just focus on this past game and how we where "lucky" for a missed field goal.

How are we lucky to win this game? We led the entire game..... Oh, it must have been the missed field goal that was "lucky". Well, we did stop them on 3rd down and forced the field goal with 2 minutes left on the clock. Are you all saying that this offense can't get into field goal range with 2 full minutes? The number 1 scoring offense in the league that is up there in every offensive stat can't drive half the field for a field goal? Are you kidding me? You are all saying that our offense is really that horrid? Do you guys even watch the games?

I forgot to add: I say the broncos SHOULD be 3-0. I think they have the #1 scoring offense in the league and a bad defense. I think the #1 offense has been able to cover up the defensive weaknesses and has created a couple of the best games to watch from the last couple of weeks. I say that they have deserved the 3-0 start and that there is a ton of youth on this team that is 3-0. I say that teams with this much youth do not win games and our youth is proving to be some of the best youth in the league.

I know you all want to cry about the defense but we won't have to play many good offenses this season. We have just finished playing the two best that we will see.

I also get that the playoffs are going to be hard. The thing is, I am still happy. How many of you where expecting SB a few weeks ago? Now you all want to cry and act like we should start firing people because we aren't looking like SB contenders but instead just AFCW Champs and possibly deep playoffs. That isn't good enough for a team that a lot thought would be bad and is in the very middle of rebuilding though.... :coffee:

I'm sure youre referencing my comment from another thread where I mentioned that we were one blown call and a missed field-goal away from being 1-3.

In that, I also mentioned that I am happy that we are 3-0. Maybe the worst 3-0 team in the league, but that I'd take it every year.

I am stoked that we are 3-0. I imagined us being 1-2 after three weeks back in May, so this is leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought we'd be.

I love it. Give me more! Like many fans I get seduced by watching our offense put up 30-plus points and winning squeekers vs. winning 10 - 0.

But I also acknowledge that our Defense is pathetic, and that it's a good idea to temper our excitement with a dose of reality. Maybe the O can cover up for the D for the whole season, but I have a feeling that down the stretch we are going to be challenged to stay ahead of S.D. That's why it's so great to have a 2 game lead on them.

I wasn't trying to be negative or take anything away from the wins, but just to temper the excitement a little bit.

jhns
09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
omg man...we have gave up 84 points in 3 games.

And scored?

114 or something? (really I didn't look if that is off).....

OB
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Maybe you should make a call into the league office and let them know what you guys are telling me then. THey really need to fix thier score cards. Our D played bad so we should just count the games as forfeits? Give me a break.. We won and we should have won. There is no discrediting the team for that.

So in SD we SHOULD have one - Hochulis call didnt help us at all i guess - boy im just a retard :coffee:

And if they need ME to tell them they have problems on D - all their asses need to be fired

Requiem / The Dagda
09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Everyone is excited we're three and null. But everyone in their right mind has a reason to be concerned with how porous our defense has played against the pass; and how they've crumbled late in games down the stretch.

honz
09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
3-0 is 3-0. We just beat the Chargers and the Saints, 2 very good teams and 2 probable playoff teams. If that is luck, I guess I'll take it.

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm sure youre referencing my comment from another thread where I mentioned that we were one blown call and a missed field-goal away from being 1-3.

In that, I also mentioned that I am happy that we are 3-0. Maybe the worst 3-0 team in the league, but that I'd take it every year.

I am stoked that we are 3-0. I imagined us being 1-2 after three weeks back in May, so this is leaps and bounds ahead of where I thought we'd be.

I love it. Give me more! Like many fans I get seduced by watching our offense put up 30-plus points and winning squeekers vs. winning 10 - 0.

But I also acknowledge that our Defense is pathetic, and that it's a good idea to temper our excitement with a dose of reality. Maybe the O can cover up for the D for the whole season, but I have a feeling that down the stretch we are going to be challenged to stay ahead of S.D. That's why it's so great to have a 2 game lead on them.

I wasn't trying to be negative or take anything away from the wins, but just to temper the excitement a little bit.

It is everyones comments, not just yours. I see it everywhere. Denver should be 1-2, or Denver is lucky to win. How was the Saints game lucky? NOone has responded to the 2 minutes thing yet. You all just want to argue that I don't know anything.

I know our defense is bad. I am wondering how we should have lost that game or how we where "lucky".

I am not blind to the fact that the defense is horrid. Serisously though, I have seen stuff about firings and what not already. Why? We are rebuilding and noone expected us to be half this good even 2-3 weeks ago. Now that we show so much potential people want to start killing our team because they don't have a great defense. I don't get it....

Mike
09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
3-0 is 3-0. We just beat the Chargers and the Saints, 2 very good teams and 2 probable playoff teams. If that is luck, I guess I'll take it.

If this is the forum after wins against 2 SB contenders...I really am not sure I want to be around here when the losses come. :laugh:

OB
And scored?

114 or something? (really I didn't look if that is off).....

And how long do you think the offense can sustain that kind of momentum when the D cant keep them off the field

I think yesterdays game was a good example of that - the D is starting to take a toll on the offense - mentally and physically

Not ONE fan is unhappy to be 3-0 - most of us are realistic enough to know that this may not last much longer - if it does :woot: but im not holding my breath

ApaOps5
I do watch football and with this defense the team is damn lucky to have the offense they do because this team is just squeeking by.

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
boy im just a retard :coffee:

You said it, not me.

I don't even think you are talking about the same thing as me.... For one, I said call the league office to tell htem to change our record to 1-2. Not call our team...

OB
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
It is everyones comments, not just yours. I see it everywhere. Denver should be 1-2, or Denver is lucky to win. How was the Saints game lucky? NOone has responded to the 2 minutes thing yet. You all just want to argue that I don't know anything.

I know our defense is bad. I am wondering how we should have lost that game or how we where "lucky".

I am not blind to the fact that the defense is horrid. Serisously though, I have seen stuff about firings and what not already. Why? We are rebuilding and noone expected us to be half this good even 2-3 weeks ago. Now that we show so much potential people want to start killing our team because they don't have a great defense. I don't get it....

Personally i wnat to see someone on the team address the fact that our D is this bad - again its about what WILL happen not what HAS happened

Answer my question - with our D playing like it is - realistically how long to you think we will keep winning?

Flatinum
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm "concerned" about their defense right now. Although the two teams that lit them up are two of the best offenses in football.

That concern will turn to worry if they get lit up next week by the Chefs.

OB
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Maybe you should make a call into the league office and let them know what you guys are telling me then.

Maybe you should learn to post clearer - we are all talking about a bad D - so i dont think i would be the only one to assume thats what you meant :rolleyes:

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2008, 11:06 AM

Regarding the 2 minute thing, you have a good point. We have scored TD's on I think three or four occasions so far in this young season in around 1:30.

Certainly, our offense has the fire-power to do it.

However, who in their right mind wants to have a game come down to scoring with 1:55 on the clock and no time-outs left when you had a 21-3 lead in the first half?

This game should have been over at half-time, and instead we only had a 2-point lead going into half.

That is inexcuseable for any team, and the O-helped them narrow that gap by throwing an interception into double-coverage, and allowing a safety.

No matter how you slice it we are lucky to be 3-0.

Last season myself and some others made the argument that we were "unlucky" to be 7-9. That if we won the toss in a couple overtime games we could have easily been 9-7, and a couple other games were close enough to go our way as well.

I made that argument then to temper the negativity about how down and how bad our team was. It didn't make any real difference then. The record book still said 7-9, but it did put the record into perspective.

Now the shoe's on the other foot. We are 3-0, and I'm loving it, but we haven't done anything yet, and had the ball bounced the other way a couple of times we could easily be 1-2. Let's keep it in perspective.

Mike
09-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Personally i wnat to see someone on the team address the fact that our D is this bad - again its about what WILL happen not what HAS happened

Answer my question - with our D playing like it is - realistically how long to you think we will keep winning?

Champ addressed it after the game yesterday. Not a coach...but one of our leaders at least.

KC
TB
Jax
NE
Mia
Cle
Atl
Oak
Jets
KC
Car
Buff
SD

How many offenses on that list are on SD/NO level? Denver's offense can carry the defense in all except maybe 2-3 of those games.

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:08 AM

Until the playoffs. Do you really see that many high powered offenses on the schedule? Do you really see ANY offenses better than the two we just played before week 17?

We will have some down offensive games but does it really matter? How many do you think we will have? Those are going to be most of our losses. Most teams in this league are not going to keep up with our 30+ even against our bad defense. Most of the offenses in this league can't score 30 on a high school team. I don't think you need to be as worried as you seem.

I am really not expecting the team to go 16-0.

DenBronx
09-22-2008, 11:09 AM
How was the Saints game lucky? NOone has responded to the 2 minutes thing yet. You all just want to argue that I don't know anything.

so....let me get this straight...your calling out everyone because you had faith we would score in the final 2 minutes??? i guess its just me but the 2nd half we seemed to have alot of 3 and outs. do you really want to always have a shoot out and hope and pray we get the ball back with the final 2 minutes and no time outs??? usually defenses step up an the final drives making it very difficult for most offenses to score. fortunately on the saints last drive we stopped them from scoring. i dont want to see us down with 2 minutes and no time outs....thats a good way to lose a ball game.

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
so....let me get this straight...your calling out everyone because you had faith we would score in the final 2 minutes??? i guess its just me but the 2nd half we seemed to have alot of 3 and outs. do you really want to always have a shoot out and hope and pray we get the ball back with the final 2 minutes and no time outs??? usually defenses step up an the final drives making it very difficult for most offenses to score. fortunately on the saints last drive we stopped them from scoring. i dont want to see us down with 2 minutes and no time outs....thats a good way to lose a ball game.

No I'm saying why is it that we should have lost and it was a lucky win when we had the game in control the entire time. Even with them getting to attempt a field goal, we stopped them at the needed time. We would have given the game to our #1 offense with 2 minutes left in the game. This team had it under control. But of course, we where lucky and shouldn't have won the game right?

We should call out the team for winning though right? THat makes more sense?

DenBronx
09-22-2008, 11:14 AM
No I'm saying why is it that we should have lost and it was a lucky win when we had the game in control the entire time. Even with them getting to attempt a field goal, we stopped them at the needed time. We would have given the game to our #1 offense with 2 minutes left in the game. This team had it under control. But of course, we where lucky and shouldn't have won the game right?

ohhhh wait i get it.....no really i dont get it.....

so you want us to be LUCKY with under 2 mins to score and no time outs???

turftoad
09-22-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm excited that we are 3-0.

Our offense is awesome and just fun to watch, plain and simple.

The offense will keep us in some games. I think we can pretty much score on anyone.

That said, DEFENSE wins championships and ours needs to pull their heads out of their ass.

That is all.

CoachChaz
09-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Just out of curiosity...

When did a team with Robert Meachem, Devery Henderson, Pierre Thomas and David Patten become a top tier offense? They didnt even have their 2 best offensive weapons and lit us up.

How about SD. No LT, so we should have been able to play pass defense all day. Nope...we let Darren Sproles, Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson tear into us.

Let me tell you how much I'm looking forward to facing the Jax running game or seeing Steve Smith and Randy moss lining up against us.

If backups make us look silly and force us to score 34-40...we could be in some deep shit

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
ohhhh wait i get it.....no really i dont get it.....

so you want us to be LUCKY with under 2 mins to score and no time outs???

Again, go call the league office. Our record is 3-0. They must be mistaken. :coffee:

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Until the playoffs. Do you really see that many high powered offenses on the schedule? Do you really see ANY offenses better than the two we just played before week 17?

We will have some down offensive games but does it really matter? How many do you think we will have? Those are going to be most of our losses. Most teams in this league are not going to keep up with our 30+ even against our bad defense. Most of the offenses in this league can't score 30 on a high school team. I don't think you need to be as worried as you seem.

Miami scored 38 on New England yesterday. . .

Matt Cassell has shown that he can pick out the open receiver if he has time. . .

Who knows where Brett Favre and the Jets will be by the time we meet them. ..

I think our schedule favors us. I think that we can outscore everyone left on our schedule (save S.D. in S.D.), but we aren't leaving ourselves much room for error. Two point wins after double-digit leads are my definition of cutting it too close. Eventually, a break goes against us, and we will lose some of these close games.

Especially on the road. On the road it will be much more difficult to continuously bail out the defense.

But, before I get labelled a heretic:

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

DenBronx
09-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Again, go call the league office. Our record is 3-0. They must be mistaken. :coffee:

superbowls are won by good defenses. the juggernaut patsies lost to a very good defensive giants. do you really want me to open this debate up? we look good now and might win alot more games but when its do or die in the playoffs and were playing a team that is clicking on offense and defense then i think we wont be so LUCKY.

now saying that, i dont think its too late to make adjustments to our team. slowik needs to find the door and we need some steady rotations on the dline to keep these guys fresh. i wouldnt mind seeing lynch come back either because manuel and mcree seem to be getting burned alot. might as well have his leadership and run stopping abilities.

if we had a defense like baltimore or minn then we would be blowing teams out and putting them away for good. i dont even remember the last time we had a sack or int.

OB
09-22-2008, 11:20 AM

I am really not expecting the team to go 16-0.

So you honestly believe our offense will score 30+ points for every game the reast of the year and Im retarded :confused:

AGAIN - with no D, and all the pressure on the offense AFTER TIME it will take its toll on our offense :duh:

Do us all a favor and get some 2nd half stats from our O the last two games

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:22 AM
I think you guys are all mistakenly thinking I am saying our defense is good. I am saying it is bad. I get that. I don't need told that every 3 seconds.

I am saying, stop discrediting what the team has done. THey have won 3 games and it shouldn't be any other way. There is no "We should be 1-2". There was no luck in the NO game. We had the game under control the entire time. From start to finish. If not, show me a time when we where not in the lead? Alright then....

Again, you all act as though you had SB hopes for this team. You act as though we are not rebuilding. You act as though you thought we where going to win 16 games this season. I bet if we pull up the prediction threads, this team does far better than any of you predicted. I say let them finish rebuilding because they and we knew the defense would be bad. Stop acting so suprised like it came out of nowhere..... :coffee: We have been winning in the exact fashion that we (or at least I) knew we would have to if we where going to win. This is why I don't get discrediting the wins.

Now if only people would read this and stop acting like I said we have an all pro defense.

CoachChaz
09-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I think you guys are all mistakenly thinking I am saying our defense is good. I am saying it is bad. I get that. I don't need told that every 3 seconds.

I am saying, stop discrediting what the team has done. THey have won 3 games and it shouldn't be any other way. There is no "We should be 1-2". There was no luck in the NO game. We had the game under control the entire time. From start to finish. If not, show me a time when we where not in the lead? Alright then....

Again, you all act as though you had SB hopes for this team. You act as though we are not rebuilding. You act as though you thought we where going to win 16 games this season. I bet if we pull up the prediction threads, this team does far better than any of you predicted. I say let them finish rebuilding because they and we knew the defense would be bad. Stop acting so suprised like it came out of nowhere..... :coffee:

Have they really WON these games? I'd be more prone to say that NO lost yesterday and SD got screwed. The record is 3-0, but I dont know if I'd call it "winning".

jhns
So you honestly believe our offense will score 30+ points for every game the reast of the year and Im retarded :confused:

AGAIN - with no D, and all the pressure on the offense AFTER TIME it will take its toll on our offense :duh:

Do us all a favor and get some 2nd half stats from our O the last two games

I am saving this post for when our offense averages over 30 a game. I have no doubt that they will....

OB

Again, you all act as though you had SB hopes for this team. You act as though we are not rebuilding. You act as though you thought we where going to win 16 games this season. I bet if we pull up the prediction threads, this team does far better than any of you predicted. I say let them finish rebuilding because they and we knew the defense would be bad. Stop acting so suprised like it came out of nowhere..... :coffee: We have been winning in the exact fashion that we (or at least I) knew we would have to if we where going to win. This is why I don't get discrediting the wins.

Now if only people would read this and stop acting like I said we have an all pro defense.

No one said we SHOULD be - we said we COULD very easily be - thats where you are not understanding us

OB
09-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I am saving this post for when our offense averages over 30 a game. I have no doubt that they will....

Well I hope to hell i have to eat crow - i honestly do :salute:

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:25 AM
No one said we SHOULD be - we said we COULD very easily be - thats where you are not understanding us

You want to bet?

turftoad
09-22-2008, 11:26 AM
superbowls are won by good defenses. the juggernaut patsies lost to a very good defensive giants. do you really want me to open this debate up? we look good now and might win alot more games but when its do or die in the playoffs and were playing a team that is clicking on offense and defense then i think we wont be so LUCKY.

now saying that, i dont think its too late to make adjustments to our team. slowik needs to find the door and we need some steady rotations on the dline to keep these guys fresh. i wouldnt mind seeing lynch come back either because manuel and mcree seem to be getting burned alot. might as well have his leadership and run stopping abilities.

if we had a defense like baltimore or minn then we would be blowing teams out and putting them away for good. i dont even remember the last time we had a sack or int.

You're right.

The way our "D" is playing I'm very happy (and suprised) we are 3-0 at this point. :salute:

DenBronx
ok i wont say denver should be 3-0.

ill just say san diego should be 1-1. :coffee:

GEM

EVERYONE on the radio and otherwise called us 8-8 and EVERY ONE of them is reconsidering that call. I'm not happy with the defense, but I am happy at what we have going for us. Who here thought that after week 3 we'd have the highest ranking offense in many different categories? We had glimpses, but you'd be lying if you were to say that 2-3 mos ago you thought the O would be this good. Just go back to threads from back then. Hell, we were listed between 17-20 on nearly every pre season ranking. Consider who is making the plays, our young guys. I guess I just get the impression that no matter what happens here, no one will be happy. Just think...we could be Chiefs fans. ;)

DenBronx
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
i smell perfume. :cool:

GEM
09-22-2008, 11:29 AM
omg man...we have gave up 84 points in 3 games. we get huge leads then fade down the stretch. we need to learn how to put teams away. our defense starts out pretty fair then blows the lead. that will get into the mind of the whole team if the keep doing that $%It!

people have a right to be concerned...

Right to be concerned yes. Is the sky falling? No.

FFS....did everyone here think we were going to the Super Bowl this year or something.....cause I didn't see anyone say that til the O came out looking this good.

O-ManePunisher
09-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Lucky? So putting up 38 points a game is lucky?

OB
09-22-2008, 11:30 AM
You want to bet?

OK MOST people are saying we COULD be - if some siad we should be then they either mis-stated themselves or have no faith

I say we COULD easily be 1-2 - should we be NO - we shouldb be 3-0 cause we won the games - regardless of how we won them but realistically we COULD be 1-2 had it now been for 1 bad call in SD and 1 missed FG in NO - just cause you think we could have scored in those final two minutes doesnt mean we would have by any means - and as i have also said our offense has been much weaker in the 2nd half - so personally i woulndt have been too happy relying on them to drive the ball into FG range in 2 minutes

But im a glass half empty person :ohwell:

CoachChaz
09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
EVERYONE on the radio and otherwise called us 8-8 and EVERY ONE of them is reconsidering that call. I'm not happy with the defense, but I am happy at what we have going for us. Who here thought that after week 3 we'd have the highest ranking offense in many different categories? We had glimpses, but you'd be lying if you were to say that 2-3 mos ago you thought the O would be this good. Just go back to threads from back then. Hell, we were listed between 17-20 on nearly every pre season ranking. Consider who is making the plays, our young guys. I guess I just get the impression that no matter what happens here, no one will be happy. Just think...we could be Chiefs fans. ;)

I think the difference is that we arent Chiefs fans and we've come to expect a certain level of excellence. I cant speak for everyone, but carrying the whole "enjoy it while it lasts" mentality is not something I'm capable of.

GEM
09-22-2008, 11:32 AM
OK MOST people are saying we COULD be - if some siad we should be then they either mis-stated themselves or have no faith

I say we COULD easily be 1-2 - should we be NO - we shouldb be 3-0 cause we won the games - regardless of how we won them but realistically we COULD be 1-2 had it now been for 1 bad call in SD and 1 missed FG in NO - just cause you think we could have scored in those final two minutes doesnt mean we would have by any means - and as i have also said our offense has been much weaker in the 2nd half - so personally i woulndt have been too happy relying on them to drive the ball into FG range in 2 minutes

But im a glass half empty person :ohwell:

I think the fade in the 2nd half is on the coaches...they have this mentality of sitting on leads rather than showing no mercy. What they are going to learn is that with the defense we have right now, we're going to have to do just that. No mercy coaches...learn it.

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:35 AM
I think the difference is that we arent Chiefs fans and we've come to expect a certain level of excellence. I cant speak for everyone, but carrying the whole "enjoy it while it lasts" mentality is not something I'm capable of.

Came to expect it. LOL.

I should go look through some prediction threads from before the season. It would be great if you had some in there. I can guarantee you didn't see this team being as good as it is now.

GEM

But you've been around the last couple of seasons right? So you know that it isn't expected what we're doing right now. Anyone who said they didn't know the DLine was going to be pathetic is lying to themselves and anyone who reads these posts. We don't have the personnel with enough talent to touch the opposing QB. We KNEW that. Nothing has changed there. So why come out now as if the sky is falling....it alrealdy fell. Did we think just because the O got it going on that someone was just going to have some rise to fame and become the Defensive savior?

Of course we need improvement, but we're getting more than any of us expected so far. YOUTH is a huge part, we have a great future ahead of us.

Also....just to point out...since the days of glory, we've proven that making it to the playoffs isn't enough. We made it to the playoffs and did nothing. We've got the offense to top any that we sent to Indy those few years. So we make the playoffs this year....is our D going to go anywhere? No. We're rebuilding in ways that other teams dream about.

OB
Lucky? So putting up 38 points a game is lucky?

No but giving up 28 per game isnt something to be happy about either

We arent dissing the broncos people - its just called a dose of reality

Has any team averaged 38 points a game for the entire season? Seriously

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:37 AM

Are we those other teams?

Has any team averaged giving up 28 a season?

All legitimate questions.

BroncoWave
09-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Everyone is excited we're three and null. But everyone in their right mind has a reason to be concerned with how porous our defense has played against the pass; and how they've crumbled late in games down the stretch.

The defense isn't the only reason we have crumbled down the stretch of the last 2 games. If you take out the stupid turnovers deep in the red zone in the waning minutes, neither of the last 2 games end as closely.

And I do think that people are being way too dramatic against the defense. Yeah, it's sucked in the last 2 games but the Chargers and Saints are 2 of the best offenses in the league. Do any of you really think teams like the Chiefs, Bucs, Browns, Falcons, Panthers, Pats, Bills or Raiders will be dropping 30 points on us week in and week out? I think not. As another poster pointed out, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we are now 3-0 having just beaten 2 very good teams. Do I think we'll win the Super Bowl with this defense this year? No, but even if they can just get us to the playoffs, this rebuilding process will already be far ahead of schedule.

OB
09-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I think the fade in the 2nd half is on the coaches...they have this mentality of sitting on leads rather than showing no mercy. What they are going to learn is that with the defense we have right now, we're going to have to do just that. No mercy coaches...learn it.

I tend to agree that its more of that crappy prevent shit I hate and have always hated - esp. w/ shanny - who plays prevent in the first qtr :confused:
I have always hated and and always will - i dont care if we have a 30 point lead with 2:00 left - play YOUR game - dont fix what aint broke - why change everything on D when it was working - it makes no sense to me and never will

But regardless of why - its happening and it shouldnt be

CoachChaz
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Came to expect it. LOL.

I should go look through some prediction threads from before the season. It would be great if you had some in there. I can guarantee you didn't see this team being as good as it is now.

Does 3-0 automatically make a team "good"? Just curious.

OB
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
But you've been around the last couple of seasons right? So you know that it isn't expected what we're doing right now. Anyone who said they didn't know the DLine was going to be pathetic is lying to themselves and anyone who reads these posts. We don't have the personnel with enough talent to touch the opposing QB. We KNEW that. Nothing has changed there. So why come out now as if the sky is falling....it alrealdy fell. Did we think just because the O got it going on that someone was just going to have some rise to fame and become the Defensive savior?

Ummm - yes :D ;)

As a fan its hard for me to accept that we have a stellar offense and a piss poor D - i think even a slightly avg D at this point would be simply awesome

GEM
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM

We're on track to beat the records set by the Patriots last year. Previous to this our average per game points on the board were approx 17. There is something to be happy about. Our D made the stops yesterday when they needed to.

We saw DJ Williams make 17 tackles, 15 of those solo, he's returning to what he should have been the last 2 years..there is something to be happy about.

Here's the question. Are you getting more from the Broncos this year than you expected before preseason? If the answer is yes, then realize that improvements are being made.

REALITY is, this offense was not expected to be this explosive. This OLine with 3 newbie starters were not expected to be this good, hell it was said that they would fail miserably. Look at the positives and do your best to fix the negatives.

BroncoWave
09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm excited that we are 3-0.

Our offense is awesome and just fun to watch, plain and simple.

The offense will keep us in some games. I think we can pretty much score on anyone.

That said, DEFENSE wins championships and ours needs to pull their heads out of their ass.

That is all.

The 1999 Rams just called and asked what you were talking about. You can win a championship with a high powered offense and a below average defense. Look at the Colts-Bears SB too. The Bears had a MUCH better defense than the Colts but the Colts had a MUCH better offense and they won.

"Defense wins championships" is becoming a pretty irrelevant cliche IMO.

O-ManePunisher
09-22-2008, 11:44 AM

I see what your saying but shanny will have our D up to par around week 7.But for now where 3-0, best offense in the nfl,Top 5 WR in the Nfl,Top 5 QB in the NFL;for god sake be happy!

Northman
09-22-2008, 11:45 AM

No need for me to read further. End game.

OB
09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
We're on track to beat the records set by the Patriots last year. Previous to this our average per game points on the board were approx 17. There is something to be happy about. Our D made the stops yesterday when they needed to.

We saw DJ Williams make 17 tackles, 15 of those solo, he's returning to what he should have been the last 2 years..there is something to be happy about.

Here's the question. Are you getting more from the Broncos this year than you expected before preseason? If the answer is yes, then realize that improvements are being made.

REALITY is, this offense was not expected to be this explosive. This OLine with 3 newbie starters were not expected to be this good, hell it was said that they would fail miserably. Look at the positives and do your best to fix the negatives.

GEM GEM GEM - you know me better than that - when have i ever been the optimistic one in the group ;)

My sky is ALWAYS falling :D

jhns
09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Does 3-0 automatically make a team "good"? Just curious.

Did you just ask me if an undefeated record makes a team good?

Should I have to answer that?

I know what your getting at and the only thing I can say is that they are good until proven otherwise. The 0 to the right means that it hasn't been proven yet.

CoachChaz
09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
The 1999 Rams just called and asked what you were talking about. You can win a championship with a high powered offense and a below average defense. Look at the Colts-Bears SB too. The Bears had a MUCH better defense than the Colts but the Colts had a MUCH better offense and they won.

Bad example. The difference in those two situations is that Tennessee and Chicago had fairly anemic offenses and the Rams and Colts could afford mistakes. Anyone here really want to go into a Super Bowl against an offense like the Cowboys and expect a close game?

OB
09-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I see what your saying but shanny will have our D up to par around week 7.But for now where 3-0, best offense in the nfl,Top 5 WR in the Nfl,Top 5 QB in the NFL;for god sake be happy!

I am happy - but im also scared of what could happen

But thats me - I always worry more about what could happened than what has happened

I dont want to be all :woot: :woot: thinking we have this awesome team that will kick ass all year only to be totally disappointed come playoff time and have to go running to the corner with my tail between my legs (im a yankees fan ;) )

So I will always err on the side of caution and see the glass half empty :D

girler
09-22-2008, 11:49 AM

The early Elway Broncos were like this. He found a way to finish the game with more points than the other team, and it was amazing, and heart wrenching, and breath stealing. And the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl. And were crushed. Again and again and again. The whole team has to be good, one aspect (or player) can't carry the whole team through the championship. Through the season maybe, but not through the big game.

GEM
09-22-2008, 11:49 AM

Plain and simply put, but it says it all.

girler
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM

I like the way you think! :salute:

BroncoWave
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Bad example. The difference in those two situations is that Tennessee and Chicago had fairly anemic offenses and the Rams and Colts could afford mistakes. Anyone here really want to go into a Super Bowl against an offense like the Cowboys and expect a close game?

Who's to say if we did get to the Super Bowl we would play a team with an explosive an offense as the Cowboys? My point is that given the right matchup, a team with an explosive offense and a weak defense can win a Super Bowl. It's been proven. I'm DEFINITELY not saying that we will win the SB this year, I'm just saying that given the right matchups in the playoffs, we could.

BroncoWave
09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
The early Elway Broncos were like this. He found a way to finish the game with more points than the other team, and it was amazing, and heart wrenching, and breath stealing. And the Broncos made it to the Super Bowl. And were crushed. Again and again and again. The whole team has to be good, one aspect (or player) can't carry the whole team through the championship. Through the season maybe, but not through the big game.

Well I don't know about you but I would be happy as shit to be playing in the SB this year, even if we did wind up losing. Because if we did that, we would become a VERY attractive option for defensive free agents looking to come in and help push us over the top.

girler
09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Well I don't know about you but I would be happy as shit to be playing in the SB this year, even if we did wind up losing. Because if we did that, we would become a VERY attractive option for defensive free agents looking to come in and help push us over the top.

That didn't happen then. Being blown out in multiple super bowls didn't make us very popular, it made us a laughing stock. That's why the 97/98 super bowls were even sweeter. Not only were they back to back wins, they were redemption.

CoachChaz
09-22-2008, 12:14 PM

The odds of us signing Peppers, Haynesworth or Suggs is slim. After that, the talent level drops considerably...unless we want to bring Bert Berry back.

Reidman
09-22-2008, 12:15 PM
With all due respect to both sides of the debating here, look at the offense of the last two teams played. Both prime QB's with high powered offenses. Are we allowing teams to score at will, yes and it bugs the shit out of me. And yes we got some major breaks going our way. I would say the bad call is the only one that would have actually lost the game for us.

However, look at what happened when the broncos put up offensive numbers on a team with no offense, ie Faiders... They had no chance to get back in the game. Our next few opponents coming up are not exactly offensive powerhouses, with the exception of NE but they aren't last years team for obvious reasons.

So I guess my point is, do we need to fix our defense and soon? Absolutely. Is it definite that if we don't fix it any time soon it will be detrimental to this team's chance at the playoffs? I honestly don't think so...

CoachChaz
09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
With all due respect to both sides of the debating here, look at the offense of the last two teams played. Both prime QB's with high powered offenses. Are we allowing teams to score at will, yes and it bugs the shit out of me. And yes we got some major breaks going our way. I would say the bad call is the only one that would have actually lost the game for us.

However, look at what happened when the broncos put up offensive numbers on a team with no offense, ie Faiders... They had no chance to get back in the game. Our next few opponents coming up are not exactly offensive powerhouses, with the exception of NE but they aren't last years team for obvious reasons.

So I guess my point is, do we need to fix our defense and soon? Absolutely. Is it definite that if we don't fix it any time soon it will be detrimental to this team's chance at the playoffs? I honestly don't think so...

With a healthy roster. I dont see alot of "high powered" in Meachem, Patten, Sproles, Jackson, etc.

SarahKay
09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm not complaining. It feels great to be 3-0.

How many times have the Colts had a hideous D and a great offense and had a winning season and made it to the playoffs???

Our offense is KILLER right now. But in order to be different from the Colts and actually win a few playoff games our D does need to improve.

It is only week 4. Really early in the season.. our D will hopefully fix its problems.

jhns
09-22-2008, 12:29 PM
OK you guys got me. What exactly was I even thinking? We should just fire our entire staff now and get all new players. This team is going nowhere. This team doesn't even know how to win a game. Why are they even taking the field.

This staff is horrible. Why isn't the defense AND offense #1 in the league by now? We have been rebuilding for a couple of years now. There is no way they shouldn't be the best at every position. They are all failing to do their jobs correctly.

What will we ever do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reidman
09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
With a healthy roster. I dont see alot of "high powered" in Meachem, Patten, Sproles, Jackson, etc.

Well, although they're starters may not be playing 100% or at all, you still have able QB's who are capable of putting the ball on the money. You forgot to mention Gates, Chambers, Bush, etc...

And hell, Sproles could probably be a starter in his own right.

GEM
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Well, although they're starters may not be playing 100% or at all, you still have able QB's who are capable of putting the ball on the money. You forgot to mention Gates, Chambers, Bush, etc...

And hell, Sproles could probably be a starter in his own right.

Just like Michael Turner...

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Like coach said earlier..

We got lucky that LT was hurt and they did not have a chance to run it down our throat..

Same goes for NOL not having their best TWO WR on the field during the game..

Yes Both have high powered Offenses but NOT when their best players are sitting it out.

We are Indeed lucky IMO to have won these.. two plays away from being 1-2 this year.. ALL because the HC called a conservative game while having the other team down by 21-3.. a couple more scores would have totally demoralized those teams.. but we allowed them to get momentum and almost lost both games..

I'm happy for the offense. But as I have said in other threads and weather, or as we saw in the middle of this game Jay having a bad day could/will sink this team.. The Defense will not win games unless we score atleast 30 each game..

jhns
09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
You know what is the best about reading how everyone should have beat us?

None of them did beat us.....

I think you guys have 0 ground to stand on.

3-0. :coffee:

Good teams find ways to win.

Northman
09-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Most pointless thread ever.

jhns
09-22-2008, 01:12 PM
I think I have figured out a good analogy to at least give you guys an idea of what I see when reading this stuff.

I bet none of you guys saying this stuff would agree with this.

Our defense is one of the best in the league IF they wouldn't have given up some of those big plays. They played lights out other than the fact that they gave up a bunch of yards and didn't have a hope of stopping the other QB.

How do you not see that saying stuff like that is the same as saying "We should have lost IF we wouldn't have had those few plays."

Both are examples of the SAME line of thinking and neither makes much sense. You win or you lose. Good teams have a bunch of pretty stats, great teams find a way to win.

We have good coaching, a dominant offense, and we are still rebuilding. Again, you all act as though you expected us to reach the SB this year. You all act as though this defense is a surprise and that we didn't know it was going to be bad....

jhns
09-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Most pointless thread ever.

Great input.

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Denver's offense 3-0
Denver's defense 1-2

girler
09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Denver's offense 3-0
Denver's defense 1-2

:laugh: Good thing it's the offense that makes the points and therefore counts in the final W/L. ;)

smith49
09-22-2008, 01:21 PM
You know what is the best about reading how everyone should have beat us?

None of them did beat us.....

I think you guys have 0 ground to stand on.

3-0. :coffee:

Good teams find ways to win.

hey jns if you want to convince yourself that this team does not have some serious problems, especially on the D, then go right ahead. if you want to convince yourself that the last two games did not require a little luck to win then go right ahead. you definetly have the right to look at it how ever you want to. however, why would you in any way think that this team can keep winning with those type of efforts. this is the nfl, and they will lose if they cant correct some of the problems that people in these forums have and are talking about. we did not deserve to win against SD, no matter how you want to spin it. i have not heard anyone say we did not deserve to win against NO, but we did have some luck on our side. after all, they did miss two easily makeable field goals and the O looked way less then brilliant in the second half. soo, maybe they could have scored with 2 min left, but maybe not, you never know in this league. like i said, this team needs some work, and as fans we like to talk about them. don't take it so personally.

LRtagger
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I expect and root for us to win the SB every year. Just like Mike does.

We were 2-0 last year...winning two games just like the last two we just won. How did that season turn out for us?

There isn't a soul on this board that isn't happy we are 3-0, but let's be realistic here. Our defense sucks.

"We went 10-6 and lost in the first round of the playoffs, but at least we had the best offense in the league this year"..."We shouldn't even think about firing Slowdick because our offense is good enough that we can beat anybody in the world no matter how bad our D plays"...GIVE ME A BREAK

It's ignorant to think we will be able to put up 40 points a game. Even NE had games last year that they scored 20, 24, 27 points.

Northman
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I think I have figured out a good analogy to at least give you guys an idea of what I see when reading this stuff.

Our defense is one of the best in the league IF they wouldn't have given up some of those big plays. They played lights out other than the fact that they gave up a bunch of yards and didn't have a hope of stopping the other QB.

How do you not see that saying stuff like that is the same as saying "We should have lost IF we wouldn't have had those few plays."

Both are examples of the SAME line of thinking and neither makes much sense. You win or you lose. Good teams have a bunch of pretty stats, great teams find a way to win.

We have good coaching, a dominant offense, and we are still rebuilding. Again, you all act as though you expected us to reach the SB this year. You all act as though this defense is a surprise and that we didn't know it was going to be bad....

You act like no one can have an opinion outside of yours. Why do you have your panties in a bunch? Its really not the difficult to ascertain that 1) without a blown call by a ref in one game we probably lose. 2) without 2 missed FG's by the opposing team we lose. Sure, we won and thats great but you would have to be totally oblivious to how football works to not realize that "luck" does happen. And yes, as of right now we are FORTUANTE to have had some "luck" on our side. If we go 16-0 this year you can come back and rub our noses in it. But if by some chance we go 3-13 ill be sure to hit you up on how "football really works". :lol:

Northman
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I expect and root for us to win the SB every year. Just like Mike does.

We were 2-0 last year...winning two games just like the last two we just won. How did that season turn out for us?

There isn't a soul on this board that isn't happy we are 3-0, but let's be realistic here. Our defense sucks.

"We went 10-6 and lost in the first round of the playoffs, but at least we had the best offense in the league this year"..."We shouldn't even think about firing Slowdick because our offense is good enough that we can beat anybody in the world no matter how bad our D plays"...

It's ignorant to think we will be able to put up 40 points a game. Even NE had games last year that they scored 20, 24, 27 points.

But dude, you dont know. DONT YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES?

OB
09-22-2008, 01:33 PM

WT* :confused:

Bad defense = giving up yards and points - or am i missing something

jhns
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
hey jns if you want to convince yourself that this team does not have some serious problems, especially on the D, then go right ahead. if you want to convince yourself that the last two games did not require a little luck to win then go right ahead. you definetly have the right to look at it how ever you want to. however, why would you in any way think that this team can keep winning with those type of efforts. this is the nfl, and they will lose if they cant correct some of the problems that people in these forums have and are talking about. we did not deserve to win against SD, no matter how you want to spin it. i have not heard anyone say we did not deserve to win against NO, but we did have some luck on our side. after all, they did miss two easily makeable field goals and the O looked way less then brilliant in the second half. soo, maybe they could have scored with 2 min left, but maybe not, you never know in this league. like i said, this team needs some work, and as fans we like to talk about them. don't take it so personally.

For one, you need to make your posts more readable.

Why would I think this team can win? Maybe because they have won every game they have played. Do I expect them to be undefeated? Aparently you haven't read my posts before responding and having your opinion of them.

We didn't deserve to win against SD? We put up 41 points. I think that is a little deserving. Or you must mean SD earned the victory off of the same crap that we lost from last season? Are you going to start calling last seasons record better than it was? I am pretty sure it will say that we beat SD for the rest of history. I am pretty sure there is no "should have lost".

Of course this team needs work. This forum isn't just talking about the work it has though. They are all crying over the defense and acting as though they thought the defense was good. They are calling out people to get fired after week 3. They are saying we should have lost most of our games.

This is a Bronco forum. I thought I could come on today and enjoy the vitory. Aparently Bronco fans have forgotten how to do that.

jhns
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
WT* :confused:

Bad defense = giving up yards and points - or am i missing something

I thought winning games was comming out with the better score.

:confused:

denbroncofan26
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Yes but the IF in the San Diego game was not a play that any of the Broncos players made, it was a play that the ref made. How can u possibly give any of our players credit for Ed H. blowing his whistle when he shouldn't have and giving us the ball. Now i agree that we still had to go out and execute but the fact is that we were lucky to have even been given the opportunity to go out and execute.

jhns
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
You act like no one can have an opinion outside of yours. Why do you have your panties in a bunch? Its really not the difficult to ascertain that 1) without a blown call by a ref in one game we probably lose. 2) without 2 missed FG's by the opposing team we lose. Sure, we won and thats great but you would have to be totally oblivious to how football works to not realize that "luck" does happen. And yes, as of right now we are FORTUANTE to have had some "luck" on our side. If we go 16-0 this year you can come back and rub our noses in it. But if by some chance we go 3-13 ill be sure to hit you up on how "football really works". :lol:

Ha, you can have your own opinion. I am only complaining in my thread. Why do you act as though I am not allowed to have an opinion?

I have already gone over the other stuff. You can certainly find what I think through the thread. I have to say though, the missed FG thing is really just getting funny to me at this point though. IMO, it is pretty foolish excuse for saying we are lucky. At least attribute that to the defense only and not the FG. You can also figure out why I think that in some of my other posts.

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2008, 01:44 PM
We scored 39 points agaist sandyeggo's 38. The end result was a win.

It is undeniable that had the fumble been called properly we would have lost.

Our defense is pitiful, giving up nearly 800 yards and 70 points in only two games.

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 01:46 PM
I have said again and again, these are breaks that we haven't gotten in the past and the type of breaks that every team needs to get far into the postseason. As far as the missed field goal, even had he made it, with our offense being as potent as it is, how do we know we couldn't have driven it down and scored ourselves. We don't, so there is no way in hell we can say that we would be 1-2 if it weren't for a missed field goal.

Medford Bronco
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
This team reminds me of the 2003 KC Chiefs that won the division
and then had a playoff game vs Indy were neither team punted and Indy won on a
one less turnover in a 38-31 type of game.

This is an improvement over last year but QBs cant have an hour to throw the
ball vs our defense. as much maligned as Greg Robinson used to be, at least he blitzed and took some chances, not just rushed 3, which only works vs very inept Qbs (maybe next week vs Yancy, I mean Tyler Thigpen or a Tavaras Jackson type stiff)

we can only get better hopefully and make the playoffs in the process :salute: as the AFC is not that strong this year with all the injuries to top players and o lines

girler
09-22-2008, 01:52 PM
This team reminds me of the 2003 KC Chiefs that won the division
and then had a playoff game vs Indy were neither team punted and Indy won on a
one less turnover in a 38-31 type of game.

This is an improvement over last year but QBs cant have an hour to throw the
ball vs our defense. as much maligned as Greg Robinson used to be, at least he blitzed and took some chances, not just rushed 3, which only works vs very inept Qbs (maybe next week vs Yancy, I mean Tyler Thigpen or a Tavaras Jackson type stiff)

we can only get better hopefully and make the playoffs in the process :salute: as the AFC is not that strong this year with all the injuries to top players and o lines

I so miss blitzing and sacking. :tsk: It really slakes my bloodlust. :salute:

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
I hate the heart attack games where we have to drive down to score in the last 2 minutes when we lead by 18 points in the first quarter.

Why can't we just have some defense instead, is that too much to want?

Northman
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
At least attribute that to the defense only and not the FG.

How so? Did our defense block the kick? Or was it more reasonable to understand that Gazoo just flat out missed it? You do realize that in order to attribute that kick to the defense means they would have to either tip it at the line or full out block it right? I mean, now your just coming across as just outright comical with that line of thinking.

smith49
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
For one, you need to make your posts more readable.

Why would I think this team can win? Maybe because they have won every game they have played. Do I expect them to be undefeated? Aparently you haven't read my posts before responding and having your opinion of them.

We didn't deserve to win against SD? We put up 41 points. I think that is a little deserving. Or you must mean SD earned the victory off of the same crap that we lost from last season? Are you going to start calling last seasons record better than it was? I am pretty sure it will say that we beat SD for the rest of history. I am pretty sure there is no "should have lost".

Of course this team needs work. This forum isn't just talking about the work it has though. They are all crying over the defense and acting as though they thought the defense was good. They are calling out people to get fired after week 3. They are saying we should have lost most of our games.

This is a Bronco forum. I thought I could come on today and enjoy the vitory. Aparently Bronco fans have forgotten how to do that.

for one, if you dont like how i write my opinions dont read them. now, since you insist on making me look like a hater i guess i will have to defend myself. i did not say we could not win. i said why would you think that we can keep winning whith these types of efforts? since it was you in the first place that can not see that we could have and maybe (in the case of SD) should have lost. yes, they are 3-0, you have pointed that out many times. i for one am extatic about that, but i also know how things could have (should have against SD) ended up. knowing that i and many others here have some concerns. the defense deserves some criticism, as well as other things. i have not seen many people say that we should have lost most of out games, just the SD game, of which they are correct. you know there is i forum on the main called orange colored glasse, maybe that would suite you better. please do not respond to this because i can plainly see that a discussion with you is pointless.

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:01 PM
I have said again and again, these are breaks that we haven't gotten in the past and the type of breaks that every team needs to get far into the postseason. As far as the missed field goal, even had he made it, with our offense being as potent as it is, how do we know we couldn't have driven it down and scored ourselves. We don't, so there is no way in hell we can say that we would be 1-2 if it weren't for a missed field goal.

Actually, 2 missed FG's. But your right, there's nothing to say that we couldnt go back and score. But there's also nothing to say that if it had come down to us trying to win it at the end that we just dont turn it over for the 4th time inside the 10 yd line in two games. Again, im happy to be 3-0 but im also quite aware of what it takes on both sides of the ball to be a Super Bowl contender and having one of the worse defenses in the league isnt a good indication on that.

jhns
09-22-2008, 02:03 PM
for one, if you dont like how i write my opinions dont read them.

If that is how it is going to be. Done.

OB
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I thought winning games was comming out with the better score.

:confused:

God almighty i never said anything about winning - YOU said we had a great defense other than the fact that we gave up lost of points and lots of yards - that is nonsense

girler
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I hate the heart attack games where we have to drive down to score in the last 2 minutes when we lead by 18 points in the first quarter.

Why can't we just have some defense instead, is that too much to want?

That is nice, but I wouldn't want it too many years in a row. Gets kind of boring. :laugh: Gotta have "The Drive" and "The Drive II" and whatnot to keep you young and alive! :salute:

MileHighWrath
09-22-2008, 02:05 PM
I'll take 3-0 and not apologize about how we got it. Too many times over the years too many bad calls and freak plays went against the Broncos. I will never apologize for it, that's the way the game is played. I'll let all you fools worry about what should have..., could have..., all that crap. I'll take 3-0.

Now, next week, KC isn't going to put up 30+ points. And Denver will be 4-0.

As the season goes along I hope the D gets better because by mid-season it's going to be more and more important, especially when the playoff race gets hot in the last few weeks. EVERYBODY knows this including the coaches and players.

Fortunately with an Offense like they have this year the D doesn't have to be awesome, spectacular, great or even really good. They just have to be "efficient." And if that's the case, I'm confident this group can become "efficient" as the next few weeks come and go. Then they can work on becoming "really good" but efficient might just be enough, after all, the current team has faced 2 high powered offenses (SB contenders no less) and are currently unbeaten.

hamrob
Look...even Jay and Champ realize how lucky (fortunate) we've been thus far. Both those guys have stated that things need to change. Champ has said...that they can't keep letting teams stay with them...when they have such big leads.

This isn't something that's even arguable. Our defense (right now) SUCKS!

Having said that: Even, if we do nothing to improve on defense, I still think we end up 12-4, 13-3 or better. Why? Take a look at our schedule. There aren't many QB's that are in the same league as Brees and Rivers are. Plus...the defenses are not (as a whole) the best either. Meaning we should win...despite our poor defense.

My concern...watching our defense the past two weeks...isn't that we're not going to have a great season. But...that...man...with NE & Indy down on there knees...this is an excellent oppurtunity for us to go all the way.

My fear...and the reason...I'm so down on our pathetic defense...is...that we will lose to a lesser team in the playoffs because of it. Could be due to weather...could be that the other teams defense meets our offense square on...or...that we're not as lucky, then...as we have been the past two-weeks!

girler
Actually, 2 missed FG's. But your right, there's nothing to say that we couldnt go back and score. But there's also nothing to say that if it had come down to us trying to win it at the end that we just dont turn it over for the 4th time inside the 10 yd line in two games. Again, im happy to be 3-0 but im also quite aware of what it takes on both sides of the ball to be a Super Bowl contender and having one of the worse defenses in the league isnt a good indication on that.

I attribute the missed field goals to the fans. Talk about pressure, the 12th man was AWESOME yesterday!!!! GO US!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!! :salute:

jhns

I was saying attribute the near loss to the missed FG, not the missed FG to the defense....

You are awfully defensive over nothing.

The missed FG was with 2 minutes on the board. Our defense held them on 3rd down with that much time. We set ourselves up so that even if they made the FG, it wouldn't have decided the game. We set ourselves up to have 2 minutes for our #1 offense to drive down the field. You saying that we are lucky to win or that we shouldn't have won is saying that it is impossible for our offense to score a FG in 2 minutes. That is exactly what is being said with the FG talk and it really doesn't make sense.

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
God almighty i never said anything about winning - YOU said we had a great defense other than the fact that we gave up lost of points and lots of yards - that is nonsense

He was trying to say that the statement "we have a great defense except for they give up a bunch of yards and points" is just as silly as "we could be 1-2 if not for a bad call and a missed FG."

I don't think that's a great analogy, but that was the point he was trying to make. He wasn't really trying to say that we have a good defense.

jhns
09-22-2008, 02:07 PM

Do you and Anubis even read before posting your comments?

I don't care if you don't agree with me but at least read what I have to ssay if you are going to comment on what I am saying. If you don't care what I am saying, don't comment like you are actually reading it.

MileHighWrath
09-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Attribute the miss to being what it was ... a miss. What? Are all kickers now infallible? Why post blame? The dude missed the FG. Is this the first time you've seena FG kicker miss a FG? I've seen them miss an extra point and the whole world didn't try to assign blame off on the D or the O or the fans or whomever. Could you try to read even more into it than it actuall is?

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 02:09 PM

when was the other one? did I miss it? I listened to the first half and watched the second half and only recall one.

jhns
09-22-2008, 02:10 PM
when was the other one? did I miss it? I listened to the first half and watched the second half and only recall one.

There was one in the first half as well but they act as though the game would have been played exactly the same if that one had been made.

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2008, 02:10 PM

You missed it. It was in the first half.

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 02:12 PM
You missed it. It was in the first half.

gracias, sirius was ******* the entire game cast up, so it's not surprising i missed it

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:12 PM
I was saying attribute the near loss to the missed FG, not the missed FG to the defense....

You are awfully defensive over nothing.

The missed FG was with 2 minutes on the board. Our defense held them on 3rd down with that much time. We set ourselves up so that even if they made the FG, it wouldn't have decided the game. We set ourselves up to have 2 minutes for our #1 offense to drive down the field. You saying that we are lucky to win or that we shouldn't have won is saying that it is impossible for our offense to score a FG in 2 minutes. That is exactly what is being said with the FG talk and it really doesn't make sense.

Im defensive? Last time i checked i didnt start a thread crying about people calling a couple of wins lucky. :lol::lol::lol:

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2008, 02:13 PM
That is nice, but I wouldn't want it too many years in a row. Gets kind of boring. :laugh: Gotta have "The Drive" and "The Drive II" and whatnot to keep you young and alive! :salute:

We've had plenty of those years. I want another one like the second super bowl year where we just went out and beat up on people.

Northman

At the end of the first half, following the safety.

Mike
We've had plenty of those years. I want another one like the second super bowl year where we just went out and beat up on people.

Next year. :beer:

jhns
09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Im defensive? Last time i checked i didnt start a thread crying about people calling a couple of wins lucky. :lol::lol::lol:

Another defensive comment.

Just calling them as I see them.

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:19 PM

:rolleyes:

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 02:24 PM
At the end of the first half, following the safety.

OH shit, that's right, I do recall that now.

NightTrainLayne
09-22-2008, 02:25 PM

You're just making a mountain out of a molehill.

I think we all agree on the following points.

1. We're all happy to be 3-0.

2. Our defense is crappy.

3. If the defense doesn't pick it up it will eventually catch up to us.

4. The offense won't always bail us out. . .well maybe this one will, but history isn't on our side.

You are over-reacting to a couple of comments that were directed at posts that had a utopian, "we've reached the promised land" tone to them, and were attempting to bring someone back down to Earth.

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:26 PM

4. The offense won't always bail us out. . .well maybe this one will, but history isn't on our side.

You are over-reacting to a couple of comments that were directed at posts that had a utopian, "we've reached the promised land" tone to them, and were attempting to bring someone back down to Earth.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

girler
09-22-2008, 02:26 PM

That was nice. I'll take one of those as long as I don't have to be pregnant like I was that year. :salute: That's my 9 year old I took to the game. :laugh:

girler
09-22-2008, 02:27 PM
OH shit, that's right, I do recall that now.

I didn't know that either, I was in the family bathroom with my son. :rolleyes:

OB
09-22-2008, 02:30 PM

I kinda think thats what ive been saying this whole damn time

but im a girl so i dont know what the hell im talking about :coffee:

jhns
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM

I will be the first to admit that this entire thread has made it a bigger deal than it was intended. I just wanted to rant some and let it die, but it apparently struck some nerves or was just good conversation as the thread still hasn't died.

I can show you that the above isn't the case though. I have seen it all day today and it isn't just directed at people that are overhyping the team. It is the majority of todays posting. People crying about how we should have lost and how we have the worst defense to ever touch the field. You would think this team really was 0-3 at this point.

If there was some real football discussion going on, I wouldn't have made this thread.

Mike
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I kinda think thats what ive been saying this whole damn time

but im a girl so i dont know what the hell im talking about :coffee:

Get back in the kitchen. ;)

J/K

OB
09-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Get back in the kitchen. ;)

J/K

Bite me ;)

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:43 PM
If there was some real football discussion going on, I wouldn't have made this thread.

Gimme a break. Who are you to determine what REAL football discussion is? Going out of your way to call people out for having different opinions than yourself on this forum isnt a good sign for you.

But i do have to ask. If our offense is REALLY unstoppable as you claim it to be then why havent we scored just as many points in the second half of these last two games then we did in the first half? I mean, we should be winning with scores like 62-38 and 48-32 these last two weeks. I mean afterall, they cant stop us right?

jhns
09-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Gimme a break. Who are you to determine what REAL football discussion is? Going out of your way to call people out for having different opinions than yourself on this forum isnt a good sign for you.

But i do have to ask. If our offense is REALLY unstoppable as you claim it to be then why havent we scored just as many points in the second half of these last two games then we did in the first half? I mean, we should be winning with scores like 62-38 and 48-32 these last two weeks. I mean afterall, they cant stop us right?

What are you even talking about anymore?

WHere did I talk about an unstoppable and perfect offense?

Why do you have this grudge against me since making this thread, hit a nerve?

Really, you take message board discussions to seriously.

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Why are you dodging the question? Isnt it you that claimed that we arent winning by any kind of luck?

girler
09-22-2008, 02:49 PM

You're weird.

smith49
09-22-2008, 02:50 PM

LOOK IN THE MIRROR JHNS. i think it may be you that takes this too seriously.

jhns
09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Why are you dodging the question? Isnt it you that claimed that we arent winning by any kind of luck?

What question is that exactly? The one about the unstoppable offense? You can go ahead and show me where I said that and then I will answer your question. I have no reason to dodge the question, it just made no sense.

I did claim we aren't winning by luck. I am sure that is clear from the last 10 pages of discussion.

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
What question is that exactly? The one about the unstoppable offense? You can go ahead and show me where I said that and then I will answer your question. I have no reason to dodge the question, it just made no sense.

I did claim we aren't winning by luck. I am sure that is clear from the last 10 pages of discussion.

So we are on record with you saying that a ref blowing a fumble call isnt luck correct? If so, i will end the discussion with you because your back peddling is beyond hilarious at this point.

LRtagger
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I thought Nature Boy got banned???

Northman
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I thought Nature Boy got banned???

:lol:

DenBronx
09-22-2008, 02:57 PM

very good points NTL....

why start a thread and be all pissy when people disagree?

jhns
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
So we are on record with you saying that a ref blowing a fumble call isnt luck correct? If so, i will end the discussion with you because your back peddling is beyond hilarious at this point.

I still don't get what you are talking about. Back peddling? So I have changed my stance now? Please show me. I think your putting words in my mouth through this entire thread is hilarious, but that is beside the point.

I am saying that scoring 39 points and getting a W is not lucky. I am saying that they trained many hours for that game and won it. I am saying that the calls made by the coaches where good enough to get the big division win. That is how football works. That is my point in the original post.

I am saying that even if they made the field goal with 2 minutes on the board, we had 2 minutes left with the current top offense in the leauge. I am saying that had they made the field goal, the game wasn't oveer. I am saying that it is therefore dumb to say that we got lucky they missed a field goal and that we should have lost that game.

BroncoWave
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM

How conveniently you leave out Bush, Brees, Gates, Chambers and Rivers.

Northman
09-22-2008, 03:06 PM
I still don't get what you are talking about. Back peddling? So I have changed my stance now? Please show me. I think your putting words in my mouth through this entire thread is hilarious, but that is beside the point.

I am saying that scoring 39 points and getting a W is not lucky. I am saying that they trained many hours for that game and won it. I am saying that the calls made by the coaches where good enough to get the big division win. That is how football works. That is my point in the original post.

I am saying that even if they made the field goal with 2 minutes on the board, we had 2 minutes left with the current top offense in the leauge. I am saying that had they made the field goal, the game wasn't oveer. I am saying that it is therefore dumb to say that we got lucky they missed a field goal and that we should have lost that game.

So in other words, you argue that we who think we lucked out with some bad calls and missed FG's that because we have the #1 offense in the league that it would of guaranteed us those wins anyway? So in retrospect you've done the EXACT same thing that we have. Wonderful. Thanks for wasting our time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jhns
09-22-2008, 03:07 PM
So in other words, you argue that we who think we lucked out with some bad calls and missed FG's that because we have the #1 offense in the league that it would of guaranteed us those wins anyway? So in retrospect you've done the EXACT same thing that we have. Wonderful. Thanks for wasting our time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Again with the lack of comprehension.

As I have said, I don't care if you agree with me or not. Please read my posts before commenting though. It would be nice to have happen once.

smith49
09-22-2008, 03:13 PM
[I am saying that scoring 39 points and getting a W is not lucky.

yep you are correct jhns. unfortunetly we not only scored 39 after training many hours to do so. we also gave up 38......after training for many hours to do so. we were behind by 8 with little time left when the ref blew a whistle when he should not have. we should not even had the chance to score 39, it should have been 31 points, after having trained many hours to do so. bleee, why do i let myself get dragged into this nonsense.

Northman
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Your quote from the ORIGINAL post.

Are you all saying that this offense can't get into field goal range with 2 full minutes? The number 1 scoring offense in the league that is up there in every offensive stat can't drive half the field for a field goal?

This is just as much hypothetical as someone saying we "lucked" out. There is no difference here as there is/was no guarantee had a call gone the way it should and a FG been made that we would have won those games. This isnt a reading comprehension problem on my end J. This is me challenging your view as too you calling people out for having a different view. Unless your Miss Cleo you dont know what would of happened had those two things i mentioned gone the other way. That sir, is fact.

jhns
09-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Why are all of you complaining about this thread and about what I say in it? I didn't invite you or drag you into this thread. If you would like posting in it, then go ahead. If you have some personal problem with me, PM me and we can figure it out. If you want to discuss the thread topic, then lets try it reasonably. There are far to many posters putting words in my mouth or just not reading my posts before making their comments. I don't get it since I have gone over my stance about 30 times, but what can you do...

Can we all please stop complaining that the thread is horrible and how you can't believe you posted when you all continue doing so.

In other words, let the thread die if it is that bad. Why just post to talk crap? Do you all really care that much about what I think? No really, what is it?

Northman
09-22-2008, 03:20 PM
See my last post.

jhns
09-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Your quote from the ORIGINAL post.

This is just as much hypothetical as someone saying we "lucked" out. There is no difference here as there is/was no guarantee had a call gone the way it should and a FG been made that we would have won those games. This isnt a reading comprehension problem on my end J. This is me challenging your view as too you calling people out for having a different view. Unless your Miss Cleo you dont know what would of happened had those two things i mentioned gone the other way. That sir, is fact.

You are right that we may not have won those games. That is exactly why I never said that we would have driven down to win. I specifically said in the last post that you wanted to quote that we "would still be in it" at that point. If they missed that field goal yesterday, we had 2 minutes with a top offense. I would say we would have still been in it. That would mean saying that we are lucky they missed the FG or we would have lost is not even correct.

So you are saying I am wrong and if we miss that field goal we are out of the game? It is out of the question that we could have gotten into field goal range with 2 minutes left? If not, then what are you arguing?

sacmar
09-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I remember back when we were barely loosing these games....bottom line is a win is a win, would you give back the trophy and cash if we went undefeated and won the super bowl by a missed fg and bad call, good teams find a way to win these close games. We could win the super bowl by a half a point and i'd still talk as much shit. Lucky, barely, are words always used by the loosing team, remember who you are rooting for shit i wish i could get "lucky" and "barely" win the lottery. Luck please these 30 and 40 points we're putting on these clowns are the reason why we are winning......ask the raiders and chiefs, they'd be happy barely winning games.

Northman
09-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Anyways, I'm still not getting how that is the same as saying that our wins are lucky and that we should be 1-2. One is hypothetical but the other is calling a win a loss.

For starters, there maybe one or two individuals who think we should be 1-2. There is also a large group like myself that think that could of easily been the case. But in no way has anyone come on here and said they dont like being 3-0. They both are the same because both are instances of "what ifs". History has proven in these last two games that Denver cannot only keep a lead, but that in crunch time our offense has turned the ball over at the worst time. Those arent assumptions J, those are just facts.

Going by that history no one in their right mind could stand there and tell me that if Gazoo makes the FG that we would of still won that game. Im not psychic but judging by history so far this year the ODDS did not favor us. You could be right, our offense is great enough to move down the field. Jay has certainly shown that he can be the man at the end of the game but there still isnt any absolute certainty that we would of still won. In the Chargers game, that is luck no ways about it. The Chargers were winning and had recovered a fumble by us. If they had been rewarded the ball it would of been game over. Time wasnt on our side at that point.

To answer your question regarding win/loss. The New Orleans game, had the FG counted would of been a toss up. No one knows if we would have pulled that out but considering that Gazoo missed the FG it made our life a lot easier DESPITE not being able to run out the clock like we should have been able too. But, the Chargers game was all luck no denying it. So even though we could of easily been 1-2 we could of also been 2-1. And obviously we are 3-0 with some "lucky" bounces. Had New Orleans had more than 30 seconds at the end of the game from their 20 to try another FG its very possible that we could of lost. We hadnt done anything in the second half to slow them down.

Theres a difference between a team controlling their destiny by making the plays necessary and a team who happens to get a couple of breaks or "luck" to go their way. Right now, Denver is catching some breaks which is fine with me. But i still as a longtime fan have to be realistic as too how the games have unfolded. It would just seem to me that you have taken it personally that other fans have called our 3-0 start lucky when really you have no reason too. Catching lucky breaks is not a bad thing so why it is you took it so personally is beyond me. When someone says that we could easily be 1-2 or that maybe we should be doesnt mean that they wish it to be so. They just know that we have caught some breaks and that we have a lot of work to do to prove that we are a legitimate contender. Keep in mind, we still havent faced a REAL defense yet.

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I love this thread. Our defense needs help.

GEM
09-22-2008, 03:45 PM
For starters, there maybe one or two individuals who think we should be 1-2. There is also a large group like myself that think that could of easily been the case. But in no way has anyone come on here and said they dont like being 3-0. They both are the same because both are instances of "what ifs". History has proven in these last two games that Denver cannot only keep a lead, but that in crunch time our offense has turned the ball over at the worst time. Those arent assumptions J, those are just facts.

Going by that history no one in their right mind could stand there and tell me that if Gazoo makes the FG that we would of still won that game. Im not psychic but judging by history so far this year the ODDS did not favor us. You could be right, our offense is great enough to move down the field. Jay has certainly shown that he can be the man at the end of the game but there still isnt any absolute certainty that we would of still won. In the Chargers game, that is luck no ways about it. The Chargers were winning and had recovered a fumble by us. If they had been rewarded the ball it would of been game over. Time wasnt on our side at that point.

To answer your question regarding win/loss. The New Orleans game, had the FG counted would of been a toss up. No one knows if we would have pulled that out but considering that Gazoo missed the FG it made our life a lot easier DESPITE not being able to run out the clock like we should have been able too. But, the Chargers game was all luck no denying it. So even though we could of easily been 1-2 we could of also been 2-1. And obviously we are 3-0 with some "lucky" bounces. Had New Orleans had more than 30 seconds at the end of the game from their 20 to try another FG its very possible that we could of lost. We hadnt done anything in the second half to slow them down.

Theres a difference between a team controlling their destiny by making the plays necessary and a team who happens to get a couple of breaks or "luck" to go their way. Right now, Denver is catching some breaks which is fine with me. But i still as a longtime fan have to be realistic as too how the games have unfolded. It would just seem to me that you have taken it personally that other fans have called our 3-0 start lucky when really you have no reason too. Catching lucky breaks is not a bad thing so why it is you took it so personally is beyond me. When someone says that we could easily be 1-2 or that maybe we should be doesnt mean that they wish it to be so. They just know that we have caught some breaks and that we have a lot of work to do to prove that we are a legitimate contender. Keep in mind, we still havent faced a REAL defense yet.

Stopping a team on 3rd and 1 and a goal line stop aren't controlling your own destiny? :confused:

Northman
09-22-2008, 03:47 PM
good teams find a way to win these close games.

Theres a difference between a team controlling their destiny by making the plays necessary and a team who happens to get a couple of breaks or "luck" to go their way.

Broncos Mtnman
09-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Luck is the by-product of busting your fanny. ~Don Sutton

Yeah, there are some things the team needs to work on, but luck is simply a matter of sports, and more often than not, is the byproduct of busting your butt.

Seneca, the 1st Century Roman philosopher said it this way...

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

:coffee:

Northman
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Stopping a team on 3rd and 1 and a goal line stop aren't controlling your own destiny? :confused:

1 series out of what? An entire game? Tell me your not this naive?

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 03:48 PM
:laugh: Good thing it's the offense that makes the points and therefore counts in the final W/L. ;)

actually in this case the defense won the games for us with the fumble recovery and return so there goes that theory..

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 03:51 PM

the one time in the game when it counted and all the chips were on the table. If they had converted that, they could have virtually killed the clock and put the ball closer to the goal line and in the middle of the field.

Northman
09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
the one time in the game when it counted and all the chips were on the table. If they had converted that, they could have virtually killed the clock and put the ball closer to the goal line and in the middle of the field.

It only counted because their kicker sucks. If they had stopped them 3rd and 1 on their own 20 than yea, brag all you want. :rolleyes:

LoyalSoldier
09-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Indy 2006. Worst rushing defense in the league. Super bowl champions.

Now at the same time I do agree the defense needs to step up. It would be nice to see them at least keep the scores in the 20s against these offenses. Although granted the last two teams are known for picking apart opposing defenses. I mean San Diego has made some of the better defenses in the NFL look silly. The real measure on how bad our defense will be is against a team that doesn't have an amazing offense.

Northman
09-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Indy 2006. Worst rushing defense in the league. Super bowl champions.

Now at the same time I do agree the defense needs to step up. It would be nice to see them at least keep the scores in the 20s against these offenses. Although granted the last two teams are known for picking apart opposing defenses. I mean San Diego has made some of the better defenses in the NFL look silly. The real measure on how bad our defense will be is against a team that doesn't have an amazing offense.

That wont take long with K.C coming up next week.

Mr D
09-22-2008, 04:09 PM

They stopped them in 2 series... :rolleyes:

Including 4th and 1.

That's called effort.

BMF Bronco
09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
It only counted because their kicker sucks. If they had stopped them 3rd and 1 on their own 20 than yea, brag all you want. :rolleyes:

but then you'd have nothing to bitch about! hehehee :D

I agree our D sucks, but it seems when it counts, they can step up. Did it twice last week and twice again this week. I would love to see them do it on every posession and crush teams 65-0 too, but I will be happy with the small victories right now.

Northman
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
but I will be happy with the small victories right now.

As everyone is man but nothing wrong with being concerned. :D

Northman
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
They stopped them in 2 series... :rolleyes:

Including 4th and 1.

That's called effort.

Wow, hold me back. Look out 85' Bears and 00' Ravens. :lol:

Medford Bronco
09-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Heck I would take a 24-13 game to calm all fears on our defense.

Look I am happy we are 3-0 but if anyone does not think we
have issues on the d line with that pathetic non pass rush
and bad play calling, totally has their orange colored glasses
on to think we are a great team right now.

we have a great offense and a pathetic front 4 and not so great safety play

I hope to improve though.

Medford Bronco
09-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Wow, hold me back. Look out 85' Bears and 00' Ravens. :lol:

do not forget 2002 Bucs, even Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with that team :laugh:

Northman
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
do not forget 2002 Bucs, even Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with that team :laugh:

Well, actually it was the Ravens with Dilfer and Brad Johnson with the Bucs. But your right, Chokeland went into that game with a high powered offense and got shutdown cold.

Broncolingus
09-22-2008, 04:33 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhh...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll284/rantomon/BevisandButthead.jpg

??????????

honz
09-22-2008, 04:41 PM
I'd just like to add that even if Gramattica nails that FG, we still had 2 minutes left to get into FG range and kick a game winning FG of our own. I'd bet good money that Cutler gets us to the 30 yard line with 2 minutes and 4 downs to work with.

Northman
09-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I'd just like to add that even if Gramattica nails that FG, we still had 2 minutes left to get into FG range and kick a game winning FG of our own. I'd bet good money that Cutler gets us to the 30 yard line with 2 minutes and 4 downs to work with.

Absolutely, but we all know about guarantees. Just ask the Chargers and Saints.

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 05:04 PM

chances would have been pretty good, but crap happens ask marteen..

BCJ
09-22-2008, 05:18 PM

If it wasnt for the defense, we would have lost. Now, let me explain what I mean. The offense could have put the game away by scoring on the 2nd to last drive but failed on the fumble by Scheffler. It was the D who stopped them to a failed field goal and dont forget the 4 downs near the one. This D is not good but the few plays above mentioned and to give the offense the nice, early lead with the strip and run back for 6. Lucky? Who says that is not watching this team. Missed field goals happen almost every game and the one DRAMAtica missed wasnt a sure shot. What if he made it? Can we not drive down the field for our own field goal attempt with 1:55 left? Seems we score TOO FAST for our own defense to get a breather. We are the 82 CHargers. Great offense and bad defense with some great, important plays mixed in there. I am just gitty that we are 3 and 0 after predicting that we would probably go 9 and 7. 11 and 5 is a real possible starting point now.

jhns
09-22-2008, 05:19 PM
What I find the funniest is that you all thought our defense was going to be good. Reading the reaction after the first couple of games, you would think that we never had defensive problems. Why is all of this crying going on now and why is it so surprising to everyone?

girler
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM

The thing is Gramatica doesn't suck. He is one of the best kickers, and is hard on himself when he misses. He was even out there during half-time interrupting the Marines and the cheerleaders with his practice kicks.

Northman
09-22-2008, 05:23 PM
The thing is Gramatica doesn't suck. He is one of the best kickers, and is hard on himself when he misses. He was even out there during half-time interrupting the Marines and the cheerleaders with his practice kicks.

Guess he needs more practice. :salute:

Northman
09-22-2008, 05:25 PM
What I find the funniest is that you all thought our defense was going to be good. Reading the reaction after the first couple of games, you would think that we never had defensive problems. Why is all of this crying going on now and why is it so surprising to everyone?

You keep saying YOU ALL. Who exactly are you referring too?

Medford Bronco
09-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, actually it was the Ravens with Dilfer and Brad Johnson with the Bucs. But your right, Chokeland went into that game with a high powered offense and got shutdown cold.

You are correct, I mixed up my average QBS that won Super Bowls although Johnson was better than Dilfer and Pittman did well in that game too

jhns
09-22-2008, 05:27 PM
You keep saying YOU ALL. Who exactly are you referring too?

You. Anyone else having a breakdown about the defense. I think you are smart enough to come to that conclusion on your own though.

Northman
09-22-2008, 05:29 PM
You. Anyone else having a breakdown about the defense.

The defense is bad and we are commenting on it so what?

jhns
09-22-2008, 05:31 PM
The defense is bad and we are commenting on it so what?

It looks like a lot of surprise to me. There aren't just comments. There are talks of firings and cutting players. There is also a LOT of dissappointment. That is not just commenting. That is being surprised. If you had known, why start crying about firings now. Why not before?

Northman
09-22-2008, 05:39 PM
It looks like a lot of surprise to me. There aren't just comments. There are talks of firings and cutting players. There is also a LOT of dissappointment. That is not just commenting. That is being surprised. If you had known, why start crying about firings now. Why not before?

Did you just become a fan yesterday? Maybe if you had been a fan more than the last 5 minutes you would have known that this has been an ongoing problem for the last few years. There were people calling for firings and complaints about our defense for the last 3 years. How is it that you wouldnt even know that i wonder?

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Did you just become a fan yesterday? Maybe if you had been a fan more than the last 5 minutes you would have known that this has been an ongoing problem for the last few years. There were people calling for firings and complaints about our defense for the last 3 years. How is it that you wouldnt even know that i wonder?

YO it has been more than 3 years it goes back to getting our asses beat in the JAN 2003 playoffs. When Payton lite the Broncos up like City and County building during Christmas..

and there was a alot of comments made to Jesus then also..

Broncolingus
09-22-2008, 05:45 PM

Much of what you refer to is "Donkster-Talk." Idiotic ramblings of boo-boo's and drips who whine one second, then are cocky the next, and repeat as necessary for their small minds.

If you lived in Colorado and ever listened to Joe Williams and Irv Brown (and Sandy Clough too) on KOA, you'd know what I'm talking about, as a great many still phone in.

That said, many (if not all) of the folks who post here know a lot about sports and it's fun to post.

Methinks, too, that most/all of the regulars here post and share thoughts well.

As such, the (great many) sports fans here are simply being critical of the obvious lack of ANY physical presence on the defensive line and failure to put the opposing teams QB on his (or her if you're Tampa Bay) a$$.

The 'Donksters' of the group are whining as usual, so just do like most of us have learned to do and simply ignore them...

-Peace-

Medford Bronco
09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Much of what you refer to is "Donkster-Talk." Idiotic ramblings of boo-boo's and drips who whine one second, then are cocky the next, and repeat as necessary for their small minds.

If you lived in Colorado and ever listened to Joe Williams and Irv Brown (and Sandy Clough too) on KOA, you'd know what I'm talking about, as a great many still phone in.

That said, many (if not all) of the folks who post here know a lot about sports and it's fun to post.

Methinks, however, that most/all of the regulars here post and share thoughts well.

As such, the (great many) sports fans here are simply being critical of the obvious lack of ANY physical presence on the defensive line and failure to put the opposing teams QB on his (or her if you're Tampa Bay) a$$.

The 'Donksters' of the group are whining as usual, so just do like most of us have learned to do and simply ignore them...

-Peace-

Great post :beer::salute::salute: and Agreed on all counts that I relate to.

Never lived in Denver so I plead ignorace on that talk show front.

Northman
09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
YO it has been more than 3 years it goes back to getting our asses beat in the JAN 2003 playoffs. When Payton lite the Broncos up like City and County building during Christmas..

and there was a alot of comments made to Jesus then also..

I was trying to keep it simple for him. I swear if not for his proper etiquette on here i would swear he was CR incarnate. I so wish i could put people on ignore. This guy is totally offbase with this entire thread. He is evidently trying to make it sound like because people have concerns with our defense YET AGAIN that somehow we arent happy with being 3-0. What joke. :lol:

jhns
09-22-2008, 05:50 PM

The comment about people not knowing the defense was going to be bad was me being a smart ass. Like I said, it sure looks like it is a surprise to a LOT of people. Not only on these forums but both that I have been to. I know people haven't thought our defense is good. Why is it that everyone is freaking out about the defense now then? If we expected it, and knew it would happen, why the sudden horrible reaction to it? Why the surprise?

Most people didn't predict us to win as many games as we are going to. You probably included. Why are we all so upset about the defense then? We are going to surpass anyones expectations. I would love to win the SB every year, but it doesn't happen. This team is rebuilding and the load has been blown on the offense since we started. The defense will come. I think people need to settle down until then and not act like we where putting our hopes of winning games on the defense. It is the entire reason I made this thread. We are 3-0 by winning how everyone should have known we would have to win games this season. Instead, noone is happy about the wins because the defense that they knew was bad, is bad. Does that make any sense to you? If it doesn't, I'm not going to continue going on about this with you. Everything I say you take as a personal attack or something....

jhns
09-22-2008, 05:53 PM
I was trying to keep it simple for him. I swear if not for his proper etiquette on here i would swear he was CR incarnate. I so wish i could put people on ignore. This guy is totally offbase with this entire thread. He is evidently trying to make it sound like because people have concerns with our defense YET AGAIN that somehow we arent happy with being 3-0. What joke. :lol:

You take stuff way to personally.

The easiest way to ignore the comments in this thread would be to NOT OPEN THE THREAD. Man that took a lot of brains to come up with......

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I predicted 7-9 might have to change that. now.. Had us 1-6 going into the bye week.. Obviously that is a tad off as we speak..

I did not think our O would be this strong and really thought with all the celebrating from TC and pre-season the defense would be better..

Even though I really do not normally take a lot of stock into that time frame.. I was convinced by folks that went and saw for themselves.

But I should Have known better..

Unless we do not have another injury and the defense suddenly improves and I do not see how that is going to happen.. best guess now 10-6..

Day1BroncoFan
09-22-2008, 06:04 PM
I have gathered that some people are unhappy with our defense and others are happy with it. Are you trying to tell me that there are differences of opinions on a message board? What a surprise.

No matter how you slice it we could just as easily be 1-2 as we are 3-0. I am glad we are not and I'm not saying we should be, just that we could be. If you disagree with that then take off the orange colored glasses and drink the cool-aid. ;)

BCJ
09-22-2008, 06:06 PM

and got his Ass booed for it too! Bad Karma. Best about retarded kickers is when you just scored a touchdown and are down by two in the fourth, you run out there thinking you are going for the extra point. What a complete moron! He probably had no clue why he was being asked to get the hell off the field.

Northman
09-22-2008, 06:07 PM
The comment about people not knowing the defense was going to be bad was me being a smart ass. Like I said, it sure looks like it is a surprise to a LOT of people.

Its a surprise J because we are in disbelief that it has gone on this long.

Not only on these forums but both that I have been to. I know people haven't thought our defense is good. Why is it that everyone is freaking out about the defense now then? If we expected it, and knew it would happen, why the sudden horrible reaction to it? Why the surprise?

People thought our offense wouldnt be that great either. No one knew that Royal would be that much of a impact that early. No one was thrilled during draft time that we didnt take Mendenhall. Hell, the verdict is still out on our RB's but i can promise you NO ONE saw us scoring 40 points a game this year. That is a pleasant surprise and because of that i believe that many people (including myself) would of hoped that we would have improved more on the defensive side of the ball. But we havent, and its disturbing since we have a good opportunity to do some damage this year with that offense.

Most people didn't predict us to win as many games as we are going to. You probably included. Why are we all so upset about the defense then?

Absolutely. I predicted 9-7 or 10-6. But that was going by how our team played last year and looking at what the schedule looked like this year. But again man, the fact that our offense is MUCH better than last year i think most fans dont want to squander the opportunity by having a defense or cordinator who cant stop a wet paper bag. Give me at least a mid ranked defense and ill shut up. But bottom of the league again? Unacceptable when its a clear problem the last few years.

We are going to surpass anyones expectations.

Still too early to tell.

I would love to win the SB every year, but it doesn't happen. This team is rebuilding and the load has been blown on the offense since we started. The defense will come. I think people need to settle down until then and not act like we where putting our hopes of winning games on the defense. It is the entire reason I made this thread. We are 3-0 by winning how everyone should have known we would have to win games this season.

Again, i agree. But fans are passionate about their team and they express themselves that way especially on a forum.

Instead, noone is happy about the wins because the defense that they knew was bad, is bad.

Absolutely incorrect. Thats YOUR opinion on the matter but not fact. Your making assertions without actually asking anyone about them. I LOVE the fact that we are 3-0 but just because i and a few others think the defense needs to improve drastically doesnt mean im not happy about the wins. Did i expect a Super Bowl this year? No. Do i think with a half decent defense we could make the Super Bowl? Absolutely. I dont really think the team will make a serious run until next year but i also expected this defense to show MORE than they have this year. If this is the best we can trot out there we wont be making a run for another 2-3 years tops. But with injuries and free agency you can never guarantee to make the Super Bowl even with the players and coaches in place.

Northman
09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
You take stuff way to personally.

The easiest way to ignore the comments in this thread would be to NOT OPEN THE THREAD. Man that took a lot of brains to come up with......

Oh, trust me man. I would LOVE to put you on ignore and would in a heartbeat. But as mod i have to watch everyone and their posts on here and your no different. And this isnt personal for me, im just clearing up this idea that you think that everyone is unhappy about being 3-0. That was just a piss poor assumption on your part when you started this thread.

jhns
09-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh, trust me man. I would LOVE to put you on ignore and would in a heartbeat. But as mod i have to watch everyone and their posts on here and your no different. And this isnt personal for me, im just clearing up this idea that you think that everyone is unhappy about being 3-0. That was just a piss poor assumption on your part when you started this thread.

Really? When I started the thread the entire top half was bad talk about the defense.

Really showed some happy thoughts in those threads as well!

I could really feel the joy being spread around that we had just won a game.

I didn't say put me on ignore. I said you can stop opening this thread. I'm sure one of the other mods would read through it if you asked nicely. Save you the trouble...

BCJ
09-22-2008, 06:15 PM
jhns,

I guess you werent at the game or all the bars that have broncos fans at them. Coming out of the stadium were very jubilant fans that we just won. Afte rthe celebration, intelligent fans then discuss the teams short falls and that is the defense. I am happy as a clam at 3 and 0 but I am not delusional either. This wont keep up and it will be on the defense. What you are seeing are intelligent fans going beyond watching the broncos on tv and discussing everything on a broncos fan website. Very small percentage actually does this.

jhns
09-22-2008, 06:22 PM
jhns,

I guess you werent at the game or all the bars that have broncos fans at them. Coming out of the stadium were very jubilant fans that we just won. Afte rthe celebration, intelligent fans then discuss the teams short falls and that is the defense. I am happy as a clam at 3 and 0 but I am not delusional either. This wont keep up and it will be on the defense. What you are seeing are intelligent fans going beyond watching the broncos on tv and discussing everything on a broncos fan website. Very small percentage actually does this.

You are saying this now. You didnt' say this when I started the thread. You didn't see the forum when I started it either if you are thinking this is what it was. It was ONLY a bunch of crying about the defense. There was no discussion of ANYTHING done well. THere where no comments that where positive. We just won a game. You would think there is ONE thing that is positive.

Sure there may be some now and some may have been started yesterday after the game. That isn't how it was this morning though when the thread was started. It isn't a small percentage.

jhns
09-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Anyways. Since it has been lost in the endless posts now. I will repost this.

The entire thread has been blown out of purportion and you guys are acting as though I called you all out personally. If it didn't apply to you, or would only apply to a few, why are you all so defensive? There are 13+ pages so lets try not saying we aren't getting defensive. When something doesn't apply to you, you shouldn't care so much about what is said. If the message is as retarded as you would all like to think, why does it warrant so much discussion?

Why is it that people are still responding in a thread but also still complaining about how stupid it is? What does that say about the posters that are keeping it alive?

So this has been fun and all but this is my last post here.

girler
09-22-2008, 06:29 PM

The entire thread has been blown out of purportion and you guys are acting as though I called you all out personally. If it didn't apply to you, or would only apply to a few, why are you all so defensive? There are 13+ pages so lets try not saying we aren't getting defensive. When something doesn't apply to you, you shouldn't care so much about what is said. If the message is as retarded as you would all like to think, why does it warrant so much discussion?

Why is it that people are still responding in a thread but also still complaining about how stupid it is? What does that say about the posters that are keeping it alive?

Bye. :hi:

Northman
09-22-2008, 06:31 PM

Oh come on, dont leave. I thought we were friends? :balloons:

G_Money
09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Thread about offense:

"Man we're good!"
"I know, isn't it awesome?"
"TOTALLY awesome! And when Marshall made that catch?"
"AWESOME!"
*group sigh*

Thread about defense:

"Holy crap we suck at D right now. Any chance of righting that ship soon?"
"Dunno, KC's not gonna be a good indicator though. Any chance SD and NO are just that good on offense?"
"Not really. SD didn't have a useful LT and had a recovering Gates. NO was without Colston and some others."
"Crap. Okay, so is it players, or scheme?"
"All of the above?"

We know the offense is good. We're REALLY HAPPY the offense is good. I want to see us run more but Cutler's staying upright more than I thought possible with this young an OL and our passing game is great. We'll see how the running game goes when somebody shuts down our passing game and we HAVE to run it.

But there's not a lot of commentary to be made on the offense. I mean, you could talk about each of the individual linemen and how they're contributing to awesome pass protection, or break down the receivers or the QB play, but most people aren't doing that. They're just saying, "Damn, it's nice to have a real offense again," checking it off and moving on to the remaining problems between us and a championship.

Because I think most of us want to be champions again. We were talking plenty about the offense last year because although it was decent it could be improved. We yelled about red-zone ineffectiveness and RB injuries and bad tackle play that was gonna get Jay killed. We enthused about Marshall and Cutler and Kuper.

This year it's hard to be critical of the O, unless you want to harp on red-zone turnovers and taking the foot off the gas in the last two games.

And critique has gotten a bad label. It's GOOD to look at your failures and not gloss over them in favor of your successes. We escaped with a win, yes, and a win IS a win, but if we played NO again would we win, or lose? I wouldn't feel comfortable about playing them again honestly.

And that's bad. We want to shore up the weaknesses in the team, and focusing on the strengths won't help that.

We have offensive strengths, and we have a shiny record.

But other than saying, "Yay, we won!" what would you like to hear from "the board?"

Because I'd rather try to get to the root of the problems that might keep us from being successful than sing kumbaya and hold hands about our record.

Nobody's unhappy we won. Some of us are just unhappy that we were that close to losing in consecutive weeks when the offense should have done enough to put it out of reach.

And we want to suss out how to fix it - NOW.

No harm in that, and it sure doesn't make us ungrateful schmucks for our 3-0 record.

~G

G_Money
09-22-2008, 06:39 PM

Oh, so you're a TROLL. Gotcha. Carry on. :salute:

~G

jhns
09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Oh, so you're a TROLL. Gotcha. Carry on. :salute:

~G

Just to clear this up, I meant I won't be posting in this thread. You guys haven't gotten rid of me from the forum.

If you think me not posting in the thread is trollish, then I am an obvious troll. Better than being 15 and calling names on a message board though, right?

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 06:44 PM
jhns,

but even clams get irritated. Then wallah a pearl appears not saying that will happen and most likely will not unless Pat gets involved.. as mikey is just too offensive..

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 06:49 PM
enough with the personal stuff and lets get

:focus:

G_Money
09-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Just to clear this up, I meant I won't be posting in this thread. You guys haven't gotten rid of me from the forum.

If you think me not posting in the thread is trollish, then I am an obvious troll. Better than being 15 and calling names on a message board though, right?

:laugh: Are you trying to defend posting a thread designed to call out the board as being obtuse and less intelligent than you by making name-calling accusations... and then calling names yourself?

:laugh:

Don't worry man, I won't take your postings seriously next time. You're way smarter than me and a better fan. Move along to some other thread now. :beer:

~G

jhns
09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
:laugh: Are you trying to defend posting a thread designed to call out the board as being obtuse and less intelligent than you by making name-calling accusations... and then calling names yourself?

:laugh:

Don't worry man, I won't take your postings seriously next time. You're way smarter than me and a better fan. Move along to some other thread now. :beer:

~G

OK, you have made it to hard.

First, your post makes no sense. Just read it once. I posted a thread by making name calling accusations? Thats exactly what I did!

Now show me where I said anyone was less intelligent than me? Although with the comments in this thread I do have to say, who is the fool here? The fool or the ones arguing with the fool? Now show me where I was calling names? By saying that calling names is the act of a 15 year old?

Please clear this up as you make no sense.

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 06:58 PM

lets try this again..

let give it ten mintues or so to calm down..

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 07:31 PM

time out is over..