PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the Browns vs Ravens

Mr D
09-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Got damn @ that Ravens defense. Their blitz packages are atrocious and causes havoc like no other. Cleveland is supposed to have a great OL too. They move everyone around to cause confusion and it WORKS.

The reason why I point them out is because they get pressure with blitzing, which is obviously something WE need to look to unless we want to try stunting out DL's.

Our defense is a joke.

:coffee:

dogfish
09-22-2008, 02:33 AM
pretty close to my thoughts. . .

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=388440&postcount=54

we let brees get so comfortable back there, we may as well have had our DLs fetch him his slippers and a newspaper. . .

Jerz
09-22-2008, 02:58 AM
A high school squad can pick up our blitz packages, its a complete joke

hamrob
09-22-2008, 12:36 PM
The problem as I see it...isn't just that we're not blitzing...but that we don't have the personnel to be effective at it. i.e. our talent level on D is nowhere close to that of the Ravens.

The Ravens utilzed a 3 man front plenty...watch their DE's get off the ball and fight to the QB...they're amazing. There fighting like crazed dogs. Then watch our guys...they easily get pushed outside and have no moves to compensate for it. Same goes for our LB's and Safeties. Often times you watch a blitzer dart in...juke a RB and slam the QB. Our guys run to the line...and get met by a RB in the hole and never get close to the QB.

Guys like Webster, Mcree and Manual are not atheletic enough to get around a block and to the QB like Ed Reed and Sugar Bear easily do.

Then, compare guys like Boss Bailey and Jarvis Moss to guys on the outside of the Ravens...these guys are way to thin and can easily be taken out of plays...just like they were yesterday.

The problem with the D isn't the Coordinator (IMO)...it's the personnel. Outside of DJ Williams, Champ, Thomas & Robertson....the rest of our defensive players are less than average!