PDA

View Full Version : I went to NFL .com

Spider
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
watched the Cutler highlights , and I got to say , Defense is not one of my worries , not with this offense , on a few of the highlights , the Broncos receivers were covered ,Cutler still completed those passes , this offense is damn near unstoppable ...... I would like to see the d play better...... but I would like to see us take better care of the ball in the redzone , including the miss call 3 turnovers , that very well could have cost us 21 points .......

Rusty Shackleford
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM
I hope you didn't break that site like you did the 'Mane. ;)

Rusty Shackleford
09-21-2008, 11:51 PM
watched the Cutler highlights , and I got to say , Defense is not one of my worries , not with this offense , on a few of the highlights , the Broncos receivers were covered ,Cutler still completed those passes , this offense is damn near unstoppable ...... I would like to see the d play better...... but I would like to see us take better care of the ball in the redzone , including the miss call 3 turnovers , that very well could have cost us 21 points .......

It seems unstoppable for the 1st 10 minutes than goes to sleep.

Tned
09-21-2008, 11:52 PM
It seems unstoppable for the 1st 10 minutes than goes to sleep.

The famous Shanahan first quarter scoring differential. How come we can do it in the first quarter, but not the rest of the game?

DenBronx
09-21-2008, 11:58 PM
the guys from nfl network said were matching last years juggernaut patriots in scoring so far. i see us winning 11 or 12 games with this offense, even if our defense is sad....its still very possible.

and everyone keeps saying that the last game of the year against the chargers is going to be a do or die game to make the playoffs. i totally disagree, we can and will win the division. i think the chargers will be fighting for the wild card.

smith49
09-21-2008, 11:59 PM
true. i mentioned this in another thread. i think the D needs a lot of work, however the O could help a lot especially in the second half. the turn over today in bronco territory basically gave the taints a td. then the O came out and seemd completely flat in the second half. then the turn over in the red zone obviously hurt a lot. thats twice in the last two games the O has turned it over deep in the red zone. as far as cutlers play i think for the most part has been awesome. i do cringe when he tries to squeeze it on there some times. eventually some of those are going to get picked. the run game that can eat up clock and rest the D has also been a ghost of its usuall self. so yah, i think the O needs to do more, as stupid as that may sound, especially in the 3rd quarter where they have seemingly been lack luster in.

Den21vsBal19
09-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Be it an intercetion or a kick return or whatever, we keep finding a way to let the opposition back into the game :sad:

I don't give a rat's ass who we're playing, any time you get a 21-3 lead and let the opposition back into the game is unacceptable.....................and sooner or later it will start costing us :mad:

broncobryce
09-22-2008, 01:46 AM
the guys from nfl network said were matching last years juggernaut patriots in scoring so far. i see us winning 11 or 12 games with this offense, even if our defense is sad....its still very possible.

and everyone keeps saying that the last game of the year against the chargers is going to be a do or die game to make the playoffs. i totally disagree, we can and will win the division. i think the chargers will be fighting for the wild card.

I totally agree. We will see what happens Monday night, but I think the window is closed for them. They are still good, but LT is getting old, and the injuries are mounting. They MIGHT make it as a wildcard team, but I like our chances to win the division. I see our D getting better as the season goes on. Anyone else for some Kool-aid?:coffee:

TDmvp
09-22-2008, 02:19 AM
The famous Shanahan first quarter scoring differential. How come we can do it in the first quarter, but not the rest of the game?

he should start scripting the first 50 plays instead of just 15 LOL ..

Davii
09-22-2008, 02:35 AM
Anyone else for some Kool-aid?:coffee:

I agree. And i'm definitely down for some kool-aid

TDmvp
09-22-2008, 02:48 AM
I agree. And i'm definitely down for some kool-aid

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/rockthebells/DSC02131.jpg

Dean
09-22-2008, 06:52 AM
The problem with relying on a high scoring passing offense is that weather conditions of high wind or precipitation can bring it all to a halt. Now, if we can develop a strong running game to compliment Cutler's arm, then maybe the offense can carry the team.

Tned
09-22-2008, 07:03 AM
The problem with relying on a high scoring passing offense is that weather conditions of high wind or precipitation can bring it all to a halt. Now, if we can develop a strong running game to compliment Cutler's arm, then maybe the offense can carry the team.

Selvin is running with a pretty healthy YPC, but the question is whether or not the average would be as high if we weren't a pass first team.

hamrob
09-22-2008, 12:10 PM
I really think...if we wanted to...we could be running the ball for 180 to 200yds a game. The holes are there and are backs are staying fresh. The only thing that can stop our offense...is...well...our offense. If Jay makes poor decisions or if he is off or if we turn the ball over...we can lose games because of it.

The biggest problem thus far, however, is not turning the ball over in the RedZone.

The potential, however, is darn right scary! If our offense clicks for the full 4 quarters without turning the ball over...then we're going to score in the 50's and it doesn't matter what our D does.

Northman
09-22-2008, 12:13 PM

You know i was wondering if it is stamina? I know that our defense lacks a few different things right now but i just have to wonder if they are flat out running out of gas early and often. Of course, when you cant force a team to go 3 and out on a regular basis your not doing yourself a lot of favors as a defense. This sort of goes back to my idea of just blitzing the hell out of them and if they give up the big play so what. At least they will get off the field and rest. :confused:

O-ManePunisher
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM

16-0 call me crazy but i think we can do it :beer:

smith49
09-22-2008, 12:58 PM
16-0 call me crazy but i think we can do it :beer:

u are crazy!:d

O-ManePunisher
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Lmao