PDA

View Full Version : GMC "Never Say Never Moment of the Year" Vote Tebow on NFL.com

vandammage13
01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Don't know if you guys saw this (its been on the NFL.com several days now), but you can vote for Tebow for his comeback performance against the Texans in Week 16.

You can vote until 9pm ET Thursday Jan. 27th. The winner will be announced at a press conference at the site of the Super Bowl on Feb. 2nd.

Vote Here: http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=never-say-never&module=HP_fanVoice_vote

I don't think Tim would get anything other than some recognition if he wins (not that he needs it), but it would be cool if he won just to piss off the naysayers a little more.

dogfish
01-26-2011, 06:09 PM
****, i shoulda never watched the video. . .

now i'm all fired up. . .

Northman
01-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Hmmm, thats a toughy. Tebow's was great but the fact that Fitzpatrick came out of nowhere to do what he did for Buffalo was pretty impressive.

dunk7
01-26-2011, 06:13 PM
What is the Never Say Never moment for Tebow? Being drafted in the first round?

I kid...I kid...

dogfish
01-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Hmmm, thats a toughy. Tebow's was great but the fact that Fitzpatrick came out of nowhere to do what he did for Buffalo was pretty impressive.

john elway hates this kind of talk. . . .

:mad:

BroncoWave
01-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Came out of nowhere? He's had several starts over the past few seasons and played decently at times.

bcbronc
01-26-2011, 08:31 PM
voted for Troy P. that play is why Pitt hosted Balt and not the other way around.

I Eat Staples
01-26-2011, 09:47 PM
It's got to be DeSean Jackson. All of the other ones were nice but they happen a lot. When was the last time a team won on a punt return as time expired? Never.

underrated29
01-26-2011, 10:49 PM
It's got to be DeSean Jackson. All of the other ones were nice but they happen a lot. When was the last time a team won on a punt return as time expired? Never.

Very true.

But when was the last time the broncos came back in the 4th after being down by 17? Never.

vandammage13
01-27-2011, 11:24 AM
****, i shoulda never watched the video. . .

now i'm all fired up. . .

Yeah...I get fired up watching it too. Even better is the video they have of that game where he's mic'd up. I already can't wait til next year.

Dzone
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Tebow hands down. Especially since there were so many who said he was not capable of such a thing in the NFL...His silenced more critics than any of the others

Dzone
01-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Tebow is the clear choice. Tebow will win this award! He deserves it! Too many people love Tebow for him not to win.

vandammage13
01-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Tebow hands down. Especially since there were so many who said he was not capable of such a thing in the NFL...His silenced more critics than any of the others

I love the evolution of the critics stances on Tim from Pre-Draft til now....

Pre Draft: "He's a 4th round prospect and probably needs to switch to H-back." "Tim Tebow would never see the field." "He'll never be able to throw in the NFL with his throwing motion." "No way he gets picked in the first round." "He won't be able to run like that in the NFL."

After Draft: "Broncos reached." "Why would you spend a first rounder on a guy who needs 3-4 years to develop."

Start of TC: (Mocking Tim) "Well he's the most popular 4th stringer in the league."

Brandstater gets cut: (Continued mocking) "Well he's the most popular 3rd stringer in the league."

Out performs Quinn in Preseason: (Continued mocking) "Well he's the most popular 2nd stringer in the league."

After scoring some rushing TDs in spot duty: "Well he still can't throw."

After performing pretty well against Raiders and Texans: "Well those teams don't have good defenses"

After performing pretty well against Chargers: "Well he just runs too much."

The critics will never be silenced unless Tebow wins a Super Bowl. They will always find something negative to say about him.

I Eat Staples
01-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Tebow was average against the Raiders and pretty bad against the Chargers. Just saying.

BroncoJoe
01-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Tebow was average against the Raiders and pretty bad against the Chargers. Just saying.

Please.

I Eat Staples
01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Very true.

But when was the last time the broncos came back in the 4th after being down by 17? Never.

Is that true? If so I didn't know that.

I Eat Staples
01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Please.

Care to elaborate?

BroncoJoe
01-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Care to elaborate?

Not really. You clearly don't understand all the things leading up to his actual playing time without any practice at all with the first team. All you'll do is discount the fact that he actually preformed very well under the circumstances, and ignore the energy and enthusiasm he brought to the city and team.

Not worth it.

Throw out some statistics to prove your point. I don't really care. I know what I saw.

dogfish
01-27-2011, 04:54 PM
hey staples. . .

now that we've gotten rid of mcdaniels, you think you could get rid of mcdaniels? i don't need to see that goofy expression any more. . .

:elefant:

vandammage13
01-28-2011, 11:23 AM

If you are a stat monger, box score bandit, then I can see how you would think that. However, if you actually watched the game, you cannot deny the energy that he brought and the fact that he got the job done out there. I saw a very promising future for our team watching him play.

underrated29
01-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Is that true? If so I didn't know that.

Yes, it is true.

Also, if you mention TT was ok against oakland and sub par against the bolts. How was desean jax in the playoffs? How was he against the pack, or the bears...I seem to remember he had weeks where he had only a catch or two.

Dont forget desean is not a rookie and not on a team that is picking second overall.

I Eat Staples
01-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Yes, it is true.

Also, if you mention TT was ok against oakland and sub par against the bolts. How was desean jax in the playoffs? How was he against the pack, or the bears...I seem to remember he had weeks where he had only a catch or two.

Dont forget desean is not a rookie and not on a team that is picking second overall.

Oh Jackson was horrible in the playoffs, the never say never moment of the year is just based on that one play, I wasn't using what I said about Tebow against him for that award. I was replying to another poster that said the opposite of what I did.