PDA

View Full Version : DJ Williams is full of awesome and win

Kaylore
09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
He's playing like a monster. I know it's hard to tell because we have so many other holes (MLB, SLB, Safety, DE) but DJ is playing very well and making some fine plays. We have more to work with than people think. Just wanted to give some props his way. :)

G_Money
09-21-2008, 08:26 PM
DJ IS playing well.

He needs to stop celebrating like he won the Super Bowl and is going to Disneyland every time he makes a play, though. I know it's very unusual for someone on this current defense to actually make a play, but bragging about making a tackle when you're giving up 30+ points and 400+ yards of offense all the time is kinda gauche, IMO. ;)

~G

Kaylore
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
DJ IS playing well.

He needs to stop celebrating like he won the Super Bowl and is going to Disneyland every time he makes a play, though. I know it's very unusual for someone on this current defense to actually make a play, but bragging about making a tackle when you're giving up 30+ points and 400+ yards of offense all the time is kinda gauche, IMO. ;)

~G

This defense needs to celebrate anything they do positively or they will not be celebrating anything.

Rusty Shackleford
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
He is playing brilliantly.

Kay, is the 'Mane dead?

jrelway
09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
DJ is a beast. our other LB'ers need to learn from him.

Broncolingus
09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
GP...

Thought the same thing myself...dude is looking REALLY good.

Weak side is his best, 'true' position and where he belongs methinks...

To bad there isn't anyone "in front" of him and he's basically the first denver player an opposing offensive player encounters...

honz
09-21-2008, 08:33 PM
DJ and Marshall are absolute monsters. I think those 2 could win a game playing 2 on 11.

Kaylore
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
He is playing brilliantly.

Kay, is the 'Mane dead?

Apparently.:mad:

Rusty Shackleford
09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Apparently.:mad:

Have you heard anything? Or just can't get in like me?

Kaylore
09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Have you heard anything? Or just can't get in like me?

I haven't heard anything.

I would also like to mention that 90% of players fall off a bit after they get signed long-term and DJ stepped up his game huge for us. I love this man. He is the most bestest.:beer:

elsid13
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I thought DJ played extremely well today. But I also thought Boss had a good game and Webster also made a play or two. I just can not figure out what going on with this defense.

Skinny
09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
When DJ farts, Chuck Norris says excuse me.

He's playing his butt off and having a great season so far. He's definitely stepped his game up.

Kaylore
09-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I thought DJ played extremely well today. But I also thought Boss had a good game and Webster also made a play or two. I just can not figure out what going on with this defense.

I thought Boss lacked a lot of hustle. I want to see more out of Boss.

MasterShake
09-21-2008, 09:13 PM
DJ Williams and Nate Webster both had good games. And best of all, we have officially beaten the CURSE OF THE ORANGE JERSEYS! I want to see those more.

Broncos Mtnman
09-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I think, as a unit, that ALL of the linebackers have been playing pretty strong.

DJ and Webster were outstanding today.

Kaylore
09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
If Webster and Boss were playing well, Sproles, Bush and Shockey wouldn't be rolling 200 yards of offense by themselves on us.

MasterShake
09-21-2008, 09:28 PM
If Webster and Boss were playing well, Sproles, Bush and Shockey wouldn't be rolling 200 yards of offense by themselves on us.

Dude...two words-fourth and goal. Webster was the reason for that stop and DJ saved our ass at the end. Thats a defense finding a way to win instead of rolling over and dying. Either of those happen, and we do not win today.

Brees and Rivers have been lighting up defenses all year, and I will only worry about our D if we somehow get in a shootout with KC or Tampa.

ApaOps5
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Webster will make a play and give up 2 make a play and give up 2. He is far from being good and I think more a liability.

Yeah he stepped it up a few times but he also got used by sproles last week on that Screen and Bush was running free too.

topscribe
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
He's playing like a monster. I know it's hard to tell because we have so many other holes (MLB, SLB, Safety, DE) but DJ is playing very well and making some fine plays. We have more to work with than people think. Just wanted to give some props his way. :)

I agree about D.J., but not about all the holes.

I'm not worried about MLB, SLB, or S. We have one hole, IMO: DE . . . well, and one more DT.

Get a decent pass rush, and I think you will be amazed at how the MLB, SLB, and S have improved.

-----

ApaOps5
09-21-2008, 10:10 PM
SLB is ok but MLB is horrid compared to other MLB in the league. Next draft will have to be spent on fixing the D as Denver needs a MLB, a DE, and a S.

gobroncsnv
09-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Only problem is, how much longer are we gonna have to wait for that??? They've ADDRESSED the problem numerous times, but I would love to see it SOLVED. Well, gotta say that Shanny finally learned himself how to get decent WR's again, so maybe next year he learns how to get us a pass rush?

topscribe
09-21-2008, 10:12 PM
SLB is ok but MLB is horrid compared to other MLB in the league. Next draft will have to be spent on fixing the D as Denver needs a MLB, a DE, and a S.

Well, Apa, I don't even care about anything else until they get that DL straightened out.

----

ApaOps5
09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't think Shanny learned to find good WR's. He learned to find someone to help him draft. That being the Goodmans. I think they find the answer to the D.

ApaOps5
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Well, Apa, I don't even care about anything else until they get that DL straightened out.

----

That I agree with you 100% because it all starts at the lines. Our O line is great our D line is pathetic. It could be 3rd down and 99 and I am confident that the other team will pick up the first down the pass rush is that much of a joke.

LordTrychon
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't think Shanny learned to find good WR's. He learned to find someone to help him draft. That being the Goodmans. I think they find the answer to the D.

Here's hoping.

DL, LB and S in the first three rounds... maybe the fourth and fifth as well...

And then draft Terrell Davis.

:salute:

G_Money
09-21-2008, 10:26 PM

----

Drafting a first round DL is far riskier than a 1st round LB or S. I'd rather not waste the 1st rounder on a DL - again.

~G

Rick
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
I don't want to move DJ anymore, where he is is where he should stay and perfect.

But damn after seeing how good Woodyard potentially is I wish we had him last year instead of Gold at WLB.

Perhaps this year we would be manned by Boss, DJ at MLB and Woodyard at WLB. DJ was fine at MLB, it was the front 4 that sucked.

But again before I get flamed to hell...I don't want DJ moved anymore. Now that he has been moved again just leave him.

Northman
09-21-2008, 10:31 PM

He still needs to quit with the silly dances after every tackle. As well as he is playing the the entire defense is nothing to be fired up about. He's lucky the offense has been able to actually find the endzone this year.

56crash
09-21-2008, 10:34 PM
I thought Boss lacked a lot of hustle. I want to see more out of Boss.

I noticed a pissed boss bailey walking the side lines like he was being held out /

56crash
09-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I don't want to move DJ anymore, where he is is where he should stay and perfect.

But damn after seeing how good Woodyard potentially is I wish we had him last year instead of Gold at WLB.

Perhaps this year we would be manned by Boss, DJ at MLB and Woodyard at WLB. DJ was fine at MLB, it was the front 4 that sucked.

But again before I get flamed to hell...I don't want DJ moved anymore. Now that he has been moved again just leave him.

DJ at MLB you are kidding right ? DJ is no MLB not even close .

56crash
09-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Drafting a first round DL is far riskier than a 1st round LB or S. I'd rather not waste the 1st rounder on a DL - again.

~G

I agree we need to poney up the bucks for the best FA DT on the market and draft a MLB and S

topscribe
09-21-2008, 10:40 PM
He still needs to quit with the silly dances after every tackle. As well as he is playing the the entire defense is nothing to be fired up about. He's lucky the offense has been able to actually find the endzone this year.

On the other hand, maybe he's trying to lend some fire to the defense.

I'm not against that. :whoknows:

-----

Broncos Mtnman
09-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Dude...two words-fourth and goal.

Dude... that's THREE words.... :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Northman
09-21-2008, 10:41 PM
On the other hand, maybe he's trying to lend some fire to the defense.

I'm not against that. :whoknows:

-----

:lol:

Ok, ill buy that but ive been waiting for 2 years for them to pay attention.

topscribe
09-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Dude... that's THREE words.... :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'm interested in your opinions on this, Mtnman. You were there.

-----

Rick
09-21-2008, 10:43 PM
DJ at MLB you are kidding right ? DJ is no MLB not even close .

Yes I do think DJ was fine as a MLB.

I would say getting 141 tackles shows that he is at least "close".

Some of that was because teams knew they could run on us and thus did often but them gaining big yards on us running was not beacuse of DJ it was because the front 4 sucked.

Again...I AM NOT saying move him back, leave him there at WLB is what I said...twice...

But I do believe we would have a better set of LBers with Boss, DJ, and Woodyard if he played to the potential he showed in preseason.

Broncos Mtnman
09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
As I posted earlier, I think the linebackers are pretty strong.

And I disagree about Webster. He's all over the field fills his gaps like he's supposed to.

I agree with Kahn about DJ in this game. He is obviously most comfortable as the Will LB.

In my opinion, and I know this isn't the topic of this thread, my biggest concern at LB is the Sam. I'm not sold on Champ's little brother.

denbroncofan26
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Webster had a GREAT game individually, he was the one who plugged that hole on fourth and goal, he recovered the fumble and took it to the house.

56crash
09-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Yes I do think DJ was fine as a MLB.

I would say getting 141 tackles shows that he is at least "close".

Some of that was because teams knew they could run on us and thus did often but them gaining big yards on us running was not beacuse of DJ it was because the front 4 sucked.

Again...I AM NOT saying move him back, leave him there at WLB is what I said...twice...

But I do believe we would have a better set of LBers with Boss, DJ, and Woodyard if he played to the potential he showed in preseason.

well I would never think much of a MLB that tackles from behind and alway 10 yards down the field but hey if you think he was great that is your thing .

Coach Shanahan werched at the idea of moving DJ to MLB . his word's " DJ is no MLBer!" but hey you might be right

DomCasual
09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
DJ IS playing well.

~G

Dude, I think he's more celebrating that he hasn't switched positions in several weeks. This is his fourteenth position in the last three years.

Kaylore
09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Some of you need to see what a real middle linebackers can do for a defense.

topscribe
09-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Some of you need to see what a real middle linebackers can do for a defense.

I saw Dick Butkus, Ray Nitscke, Lee Roy Jordan, Mike Curtis, and, of course, Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher.

I also saw the Fearsome Foursome, Purple People Eaters, Doomsday Defense, and last year's Giants.

Give me a defensive line first.

-----

ApaOps5
09-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Webster had a GREAT game individually, he was the one who plugged that hole on fourth and goal, he recovered the fumble and took it to the house.

Correction he had 2 great plays. He was far from having a great game.

broncofaninfla
09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
I agree, Williams is one of the few bright spots on defense.

Kaylore
09-22-2008, 11:09 AM
I wish we were better at drafting defensive talent. We've done ok before. Pryce was considered a bust by many his first year and Schlereth said on Radio today that the staff decided to play him a bunch halfway into the season moving him around a lot to wear him out. He said he was ready to throw up half way through the game but it shocked Pryce into stepping his game up. Maybe Moss and Crowder will emerge the same way.

Zweems56
09-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Lol, so glad you made this thread. This morning i was going to create a good news/bad news thread that stated..

Good news: DJ williams showed up yesterday
Bad news: the rest of the defense didn't.

Skinny
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
As I posted earlier, I think the linebackers are pretty strong.

And I disagree about Webster. He's all over the field fills his gaps like he's supposed to.

I agree with Kahn about DJ in this game. He is obviously most comfortable as the Will LB.

In my opinion, and I know this isn't the topic of this thread, my biggest concern at LB is the Sam. I'm not sold on Champ's little brother.IMO too. Maybe it's just Boss getting comfortable with the new scheme and working with everybody, maybe his injury is still lingering and not 100%, i don't know. But i think Winborn has looked better at that position than Boss to me.

topscribe
09-22-2008, 12:22 PM

~G

Well, the Broncos need to get some people in that position somewhere,
somehow. The people they do have there don't seem to be getting it.

-----