PDA

View Full Version : Trap game next week!

Traveler
09-21-2008, 07:08 PM
The last two weeks we've been extremely lucky. Our defense can't seem to stop anyone on 3rd down or defend against the pass.

The upcoming game against KC has all the makings of a trap game.

Inkana7
09-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Think about what you just said.

Traveler
09-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Think about what you just said.

I know KC can't pass, but with the way we can't stop anyone from doing so, we'll make KC's QB look like an All-Pro.

jrelway
09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
no trap game here. the chiefs suck and swallow. i DO NOT see us losing to them. another team that wont be able to keep up with our scoring.

BroncoWave
KC is one of the 2 worst teams in the NFL. This will be a win.

broncophan
I don't think Kc beats us next week.....almost any other team I would say...may be a trap game......not KC though

+....I can't see us losing to a qb named Thigpen....

ChairmanBron
09-21-2008, 07:21 PM
No way... We will be 4 and 0 at the end of this game. No traps here.

Northman
09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
no trap game here. the chiefs suck and swallow. i DO NOT see us losing to them. another team that wont be able to keep up with our scoring.

Yea, i know we are bad but K.C is REALLY bad. They will score some points but nowhere near the level of SD or NO in my opinion. We should route them pretty much like we did last year.

Drill-N-Fill
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Lets not take any team for granted...I'm sure the Patsy fans said the same thing about the Dolphins this week.

Plus I love reverse mojo!

Traveler
09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Most comments are dismissing KC outright. Make no mistake, they are a terrible team and we should destroy them. For some reason, I just have this gut feeling that Denver will lose this game.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

honz
09-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Keep in mind that our defense held Oakland scoreless until the 4th Q, but we have struggled against 2 very good offenses. Our defense definitely needs some work, but are we as bad as many think we are? We should find out in the next couple of weeks as we go up against some mediocre offenses.

honz
09-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Most comments are dismissing KC outright. Make no mistake, they are a terrible team and we should destroy them. For some reason, I just have this gut feeling that Denver will lose this game.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.
If we can play like we did today and beat NO, we WILL beat KC. No way we lose this next game.

Drill-N-Fill
09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Keep in mind that our defense held Oakland scoreless until the 4th Q, but we have struggled against 2 very good offenses. Our defense definitely needs some work, but are we as bad as many think we are? We should find out in the next couple of weeks as we go up against some mediocre offenses.

I don't think our defense is as bad as it seems. We have done a horrible job game planning the teams we play. Our defense outside of our ends have talent. THey are simply not put in the situation to make a play. Our DT, I thought had a good game. Williams and Boss had good games overall.

Our defense played a very soft zone, and that is the worst thing you could do with a good QB. Oh yeah, playing a top offense doesn't hurt either...

Hopefully next week, we can can all the zone and get in the face of WR's. Lets just hope the D-cord will get his act together.

Lonestar
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
I don't think our defense is as bad as it seems. We have done a horrible job game planning the teams we play. Our defense outside of our ends have talent. THey are simply not put in the situation to make a play. Our DT, I thought had a good game. Williams and Boss had good games overall.

Our defense played a very soft zone, and that is the worst thing you could do with a good QB. Oh yeah, playing a top offense doesn't hurt either...

Hopefully next week, we can can all the zone and get in the face of WR's. Lets just hope the D-cord will get his act together.

But the DC does not play the actual games does he??

Rusty Shackleford
09-21-2008, 11:40 PM
If Cutler plays as "meh" as today.
If we turn the ball over more than once.
If our D plays as poorly as it has.

We still will not lose. The Chiefs are AWFUL.

Tned
09-21-2008, 11:42 PM

WTH does "meh" mean? I see it all the time and have no clue.

I don't see this as much of a trap game. Something like the TB game is more of a trap, where we should be a favorite, but they have enough to make it a real test.

Could we lose in KC? Sure. Is it likely? No. This is a team that knows they have gotten lucky and are going to be playing hard to make sure future games don't come down to luck. Plus, KC is pretty bad.

Kaylore
09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
The Chiefs will definitely play better than they have to this point when we meet Sunday morning. However, this is a division game and Cutler is undefeated against the Chiefs. Also we match up well with the Chiefs. The only way people have hung with us is when they could put points up. The Chiefs don't have that luxury. They don't have a QB that can beat us like Brees or Rivers. I expect it will be closer than people think but eventually the Chorfs will fold.

Rusty Shackleford
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
WTH does "meh" mean? I see it all the time and have no clue.

I don't see this as much of a trap game. Something like the TB game is more of a trap, where we should be a favorite, but they have enough to make it a real test.

Could we lose in KC? Sure. Is it likely? No. This is a team that knows they have gotten lucky and are going to be playing hard to make sure future games don't come down to luck. Plus, KC is pretty bad.

It's a verbal shrug.

"How did Jay play?"
"Meh" ie. not great not terrible.

omac
09-22-2008, 12:56 AM
How can it be a trap game? In order for it to be a trap game, our team should come into it overconfident and unprepared.

How can we be anywhere close to overconfident and unprepared knowing our last 2 wins were by the skin of our teeth?

No trap game; we're gonna go in there and maul them. :fight:

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 12:59 AM
How can it be a trap game? In order for it to be a trap game, our team should come into it overconfident and unprepared.

How can we be anywhere close to overconfident and unprepared knowing our last 2 wins were by the skin of our teeth?

No trap game; we're gonna go in there and maul them. :fight:

I think your wrong.. They seem to let up when more than 18 points up in a game and allow the other team to get their confidence..

It may be a blow out but I'll bet we do not have the intensity next week we did today.

Spider
09-22-2008, 01:03 AM
I still think it is a tad bit early to be talking about trap games , though KC and this week has all the makings of one...... division rivals , one team riding high the other not so much.......

Rusty Shackleford
09-22-2008, 01:06 AM
division rivals , one team riding high the other not so much.......
Understatement much?

omac
09-22-2008, 01:33 AM
I think your wrong.. They seem to let up when more than 18 points up in a game and allow the other team to get their confidence..

It may be a blow out but I'll bet we do not have the intensity next week we did today.

I don't think they really let up after 18 points up; the other teams adjust and find our weakness and get back in the game. The only team that hasn't been able to do that was Oakland, but they themselves have admitted to being terrible with their passing offense, so they couldn't capitalize.

No trap game in KC. Shanny will pull all the stops on offense, and our defense will get to practice a whole lot of blitzing.

Nomad
09-22-2008, 06:07 AM

It baffles me to see these big leads slowly disappear, whether it be adjustments by the other team or Denver playing less intense and conservative. This will be a divisional game and I see it being closer than what people expect. Until Denver shores up it's defense and quits playing conservative after big leads (which is no surprise), Denver wins maybe by 4-7 points! Denver seems to let bad teams look good!

broncofaninfla
09-22-2008, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't be so confident. We are going to Arrowhead and this is a divisional game, always tough. To me this will be a true test of our defense. We already know how our defense plays against good offenses, we stink it up. How will we play against a bad offense? If we make that offense look good it will be a long season for us regardless of how good our offense is. Win or lose this will be a telling game for us.

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM
It baffles me to see these big leads slowly disappear, whether it be adjustments by the other team or Denver playing less intense and conservative. This will be a divisional game and I see it being closer than what people expect. Until Denver shores up it's defense and quits playing conservative after big leads (which is no surprise), Denver wins maybe by 4-7 points! Denver seems to let bad teams look good!

It will be a very close game I would like to say they coming of to big emotional games and that they could be looking past KC to the next big game but it is TPA.. If it was NE or one of the other AFCW games maybe..

But KC could surprise us at KC I doubt it but with our defense nothing surprises me anymore..

Now as happy as I am with Eddie Royale perhaps we should have taken another DL guy still available were.
Trevor Laws
Calais Campbell
Kendal Langford
Chris Ellis
Pat Sims
Bruce Davis
Marcus Harrison.

look not saying they would have been better but I know for sure this DL is the issue on this team. Fix that and perhaps all those behind them get better than they are..

Rushing 3 for most of the game was beyond stupid and that just exacerbated the rest of the stupid stuff that happened..

BTW I like Royale he is much better than everyone But Top thought..

O-ManePunisher
09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
KC sucks ass juice threw a straw no way we lose this game,and I'm not going to even knock on wood they really suck.

KCL
09-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Denver will be 4-0 after next week.

Thnikkaman
09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
If my Aunt had balls, she would be my unkle.

JONtheBRONCO
09-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Unless the offense comes out flat for 4 quarters, I don't see this being a trap game. To beat the 2008 Denver Broncos you are going to have to outscore them, and no one has been able to do that thus far - plain and simple.

I know the defense has been poor, no excuses, but we've played two teams with very good QB's and very good weapons - and we've still prospered. If you look at the remaining games on our schedule, there aren't too many prolific offenses we have to face. Some good rushing attacks, but I'm pretty confident we'll stick with stopping the run first, even if it is painful to watch the passing attack. I think it comes down to QB's (in the regular season) Cutler vs. opposing QB. Here are the remaining games and starting QB's.

Week 4: Cutler vs. Thigpen
Week 5: Cutler vs. Griese
Week 6: Cutler vs. Garrard
Week 7: Cutler vs. Cassell
Week 9: Cutler vs. Pennington
Week 10: Cutler vs. Anderson
Week 11: Cutler vs. Ryan
Week 12: Cutler vs. Russell
Week 13: Cutler vs. Favre
Week 14: Cutler vs. Thigpen
Week 15: Cutler vs. Jake D.
Week 16: Cutler vs. Edwards
Week 17: Cutler vs. Rivers

I'll take Cutler in any of those match-ups. We need to keep scoring, and keep working on defense. Now, I know the QB doesn't win them all for you, but we have a nice supporting cast around Cutler on all phases of the offense. Don't give up hope yet! GO BRONCOS, 3-0!

SarahKay
09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Umm I am really not worried about next week whatsoever.

Yeah it'll be an exciting game cause we are in Arrowhead.. but.. KC sucks right now. If the Falcons of all teams can blow them out.. we can.

We will be 4-0!

Nick
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
The last two weeks we've been extremely lucky. Our defense can't seem to stop anyone on 3rd down or defend against the pass.

The upcoming game against KC has all the makings of a trap game.

I love trap games when we are favored between 9-10 :D

We are going to woop on KC and believe me there is no such thing as a looked over team while Shanny is coach. Specialy a divsion team.

MileHighWrath
09-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Trap? Denver's first 15 scripted plays might just yield 20+ points against the chefs (anything over 14 and the game is over). The fade amassed 355 yrds offense and held the chefs to 164 total offense in mullethead. If ever the Denver D needed a pick-me-up game it couldn't get any better then to face an O that doesn't have a legitimate 3rd string QB on it's roster. Look for a shut out.

Lonestar
09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
I love trap games when we are favored between 9-10 :D

We are going to whoop on KC and believe me there is no such thing as a looked over team while Shanny is coach. Specially a division team.

most of the time I agree with you but there have been many games that our guys were not prepared for.. and we had our heads handed to us..

MIA a few years ago there was a BUF game, JAX game..

JAX in the playoffs in 96 when they were an expansion team.

The PIT playoffs in 2003

That is all I can think about at the moment but there are many more..

OMorange&blue
09-22-2008, 06:36 PM
N.O. was the trap game. And J was off (for a little bit).

We lived.

Beautiful.

Nick
09-23-2008, 11:48 AM
most of the time I agree with you but there have been many games that our guys were not prepared for.. and we had our heads handed to us..

The PIT playoffs in 2003

I do not think you can have a trap game against a division rival. I personaly just do not think that exists.

Lonestar
09-23-2008, 12:15 PM
I do not think you can have a trap game against a division rival. I personaly just do not think that exists.

there you go thinking again :laugh::laugh:

I agree but I see a let down after THREE huge games for DEN OAK SAN and then last Sunday..

I think this team is to young to sustain greatness for 16 straight weeks way to much immaturity. IMO

dogfish
09-23-2008, 12:25 PM
the upcoming game against kc has all the makings of a trap game.

no freakin' way!!!

Kaylore
09-23-2008, 12:29 PM

MIA a few years ago
That was a bad game. There are two reasons for that, though. One is Jake Plummer is the worst QB in season openers maybe ever. Almost all of his season opening games he's good for at least three interceptions. The other thing is the heat and the Dolphins have had our number over the years, especially in Miami.

there was a BUF game
What game is this? We've owned the Bills especially lately.

JAX game..
What game is this? Its not the '96 game since you mention that one below. Are you talking about the one where Griffin fumbled the ball in field goal range? That was hardly a trap game. We knew that was going to be a tough one.

Yeah that one still stings.

The PIT playoffs in 2003
Again you've totally lost me. We never played Pittsburgh (ever) in 2002, '03 or '04.

Thnikkaman
09-23-2008, 12:30 PM

I agree but I see a let down after THREE huge games for DEN OAK SAN and then last Sunday..

I think this team is to young to sustain greatness for 16 straight weeks way to much immaturity. IMO

Would you feel right if you had a little optimism? I am not asking you to be a homer, just maybe think a little positive.

omac
09-23-2008, 12:57 PM

What instances this season, however, have there been any signs of immaturity with our young players? Since the season's started, all of them have acted with great professionalism and disciplined hard work, and it shows, specially on offense.

Though it is against the norm, any assumptions about supposed difficulties in transitioning to the NFL by our new LT and WR have been shattered.

Nick
09-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Off of previous post JR, Broncos suck playing in Florida in humidity in the beggining of the season and if I remember correctly people were leaving field consistantly because of heat. That was a horrible game. At one point we even had a linebacker covering a WR because we had a bunch of corners having to leave (Inlcuding Bailey).

Jacksonville always played us tough... I hate thinking back on that playoff game...

Also it is always tough playing at KC and LJ has his best games against us. We should be able to dop fine against the run and their QB is no Brees or Rivers.

I agree with the age of our team. Our offensive starters are in their 3rd year or less. I feel the opposite and see it getting better with more and more team chemistry.

ambiguous
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I have two words for anyone worried about the KC game:

Tyler Thigpen.

(lol)

Okay so three, but that last one was unexpected.

Dortoh
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM

The PIT playoffs in 2003

I still hate MDP that fat tub of goo.

This game will be close up until the coin flip then its lights out KC

Lonestar
09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
What instances this season, however, have there been any signs of immaturity with our young players? Since the season's started, all of them have acted with great professionalism and disciplined hard work, and it shows, specially on offense.

Though it is against the norm, any assumptions about supposed difficulties in transitioning to the NFL by our new LT and WR have been shattered.

mac it is just a matter of time when the team as a whole runs into the inconsistency stuff we always see in rookies or second year players..

For that matter this team with a few exceptions is very young.. look at the roster.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=396

27 of the players on this roster are 4 years or less..
17 rookies or second year guys
9 more with less than 6 years..

7 player with 10+years.. hell KC old OLINE two years ago had that many and most were over 13 years at the time..

We are going to have great games and then IMO the rookie OT's are probably going to hit the rookie wall in about week 11-12 . Yes the kids have played well so far and myths have been shattered by royale an clady SO FAR.. but I think you have to agree this is exception rather than rule..

Wait till 2009 and beyond.. if mikey can keep this team together for the next 8-10 years it could be really special with a couple of key additions at DT, DE S and MLB.

omac
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
mac it is just a matter of time when the team as a whole runs into the inconsistency stuff we always see in rookies or second year players..

For that matter this team with a few exceptions is very young.. look at the roster.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=396

27 of the players on this roster are 4 years or less..
17 rookies or second year guys
9 more with less than 6 years..

7 player with 10+years.. hell KC old OLINE two years ago had that many and most were over 13 years at the time..

We are going to have great games and then IMO the rookie OT's are probably going to hit the rookie wall in about week 11-12 . Yes the kids have played well so far and myths have been shattered by royale an clady SO FAR.. but I think you have to agree this is exception rather than rule..

Wait till 2009 and beyond.. if mikey can keep this team together for the next 8-10 years it could be really special with a couple of key additions at DT, DE S and MLB.

I do agree they are young and there are good chances that they might be inconsistent. I also believe that most rookies will hit the rookie wall. :beer:

After last season, though, I don't think either of us could've predicted that the Broncos would score 39 points against the Chargers. I've decided then, for this season, not to underestimate the Broncos; maybe overestimate them, instead. :D

omac
09-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm just wondering, after every win with our current schedule, will all our next games be considered a trap games? :D

underrated29
09-23-2008, 01:56 PM
seriously jr?

How in the world do you think we lose to the worst or second worst team in the nfl. I hope you dont bet on football, because if you do you probably lose a lot of money. You should just give it to me instead. :wink:

BroncoJoe
09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Denver is going to win, 51-7.

BroncoJoe
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Crackes me up everytime we get on a roll, and the ney-sayers come out.

We're not perfect, but we're 3-0.

Oh, wait...

BCJ
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM

Why the hate Joe? I have that same score..... in the first half!
Trap game? my ass! KC is building for the future. They have no QB, no coach, no offense and no defense. They do, though, have a great BBQ tailgate.

Lonestar
09-23-2008, 02:57 PM
seriously jr?

How in the world do you think we lose to the worst or second worst team in the nfl. I hope you dont bet on football, because if you do you probably lose a lot of money. You should just give it to me instead. :wink:

I never place money on it. Lost a ton of money back in 1979 in Reno and still have not recovered from it. Betting is for suckers. IMHO

Because they were bad last week and we were good, does not mean it will continue..

On any given sunday crap happens..

What happens if Jay has the flu we are major screwed..

Medford Bronco
09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I am not afraid of KC with Yancy Thigpen (I mean Tyler) playing.

They are not a good team and I would be very very disappointed if Denver does not win this game vs a bottom 5 team in the league.

Yes our D is shaky but KCs overall team is shakier.

Lonestar
09-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Oh, wait...

I've been out all season.. Wrong so far in all of it but over the years been right more than I've been wrong..

Look at it this way the team is young this is most of theirs 7th game this year.. that is a college season for most of them.. they are playing at a level they have not played before.. At least 17 of these players are rookies on the filed even those second year players saw little if any time playing last year..

We have had 3 BIG games so far this year with lots of emotion.. now they are looking at a door mat team.. Do You think we are going to play at SAN emotional levels all year?

This is a prefect time to lay an egg.

Beantown Bronco
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
KC is building for the future.

The funny part is.....so is Denver....but they are also managing to win "now" despite that fact.

Medford Bronco
09-23-2008, 03:06 PM
The funny part is.....so is Denver....but they are also managing to win "now" despite that fact.

KC has been builing for the future for the last 5 years or so.

They have been grossly mismanged by Carl P and Hermie

Dortoh
09-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I never place money on it. Lost a ton of money back in 1979 in Reno and still have not recovered from it. Betting is for suckers. IMHO

Because they were bad last week and we were good, does not mean it will continue..

On any given sunday crap happens..

What happens if Jay has the flu we are major screwed..

Simply cant agree with you here. Without Jay we still beat KC in KC by 10.

The any given sunday crap does happen but KC is just really REALLY bad.

LRtagger
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I've been out all season.. Wrong so far in all of it but over the years been right more than I've been wrong..

Look at it this way the team is young this is most of theirs 7th game this year.. that is a college season for most of them.. they are playing at a level they have not played before.. At least 17 of these players are rookies on the filed even those second year players saw little if any time playing last year..

We have had 3 BIG games so far this year with lots of emotion.. now they are looking at a door mat team.. Do You think we are going to play at SAN emotional levels all year?

This is a prefect time to lay an egg.

In theory you have a leg to stand on, but I just don't see it happening. Of course any team can lose to any other team on any given day. But just remember most of those second year guys played in the 41-7 win over KC late last season.

A sick Cutler threw for 238 yds and 4 TDs and the UDFA Rookie Selvin ran for 156 yds (9.2 YPC). And then we got destroyed in the next two games...that just shows you how bad KC was last year. They are even younger this year (and probably even worse as a team). They are starting like 7 rookies and Tyler Thigpen is their QB.

We would really have to play just terribly bad to lose to KC. I'm actually hoping this can be the game to let our D force some turnovers and gain some confidence going into week 5 and week 6 against some good teams.

BroncoWave
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM

But that's the point, JR. Even a below average performance will be good enough to beat this Chiefs team.

Beantown Bronco
09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
All they have to do to win this week is run straight at Derrick Johnson. I watched about half their game against the Falcons this past Sunday and he missed something in the neighborhood of 10 tackles. He made 2007's version of Ian Gold look like Patrick Willis.

Dortoh
09-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Huard might get the start. That makes this game closer but still an easy win.

Doom crew72
09-23-2008, 03:56 PM
This game looks like a mismatch on paper to me.

Denver 41 KC 17

sacmar
09-23-2008, 05:25 PM
The broncos win 1,803 to 7.......ok 10 our "D" is pretty bad this year.

Superchop 7
09-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I would rest some of my injured guys.

See how the first half goes.

If you have to send in the troops in the second half to win the game, do it.

If you don't, don't.

Traveler
09-28-2008, 12:35 PM
hmmm...

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Ugh I was confident about this but also worried about a total trap game.

Traveler
09-28-2008, 12:36 PM
but it's still early

Traveler
09-28-2008, 01:22 PM
hmmm...

Traveler
09-28-2008, 02:40 PM
damn it!

Nomad
09-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I didn't think divisional games could be considered 'trap games' especially this rivalry

LRtagger
09-28-2008, 03:20 PM
thanks for the jinx thread

Traveler
09-28-2008, 03:24 PM
thanks for the jinx thread

Don't blame me! I was just warning everyone this had all the trappings.

honz
09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
If we can play like we did today and beat NO, we WILL beat KC. No way we lose this next game.
I like my crow grilled with a touch of garlic salt, thank you.

Reidman
09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Trap game alright. But I think the trap was setup by the Broncos. One of the few times I'll ever say this but we GAVE them that win. Worst offensively played game all season and since we have no defense, when the offense isn't there, neither is the win. Ughh, this sucks!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Trap game alright. But I think the trap was setup by the Broncos. One of the few times I'll ever say this but we GAVE them that win. Worst offensively played game all season and since we have no defense, when the offense isn't there, neither is the win. Ughh, this sucks!

I still put this loss on the offense - they gave KC great field position on the turnovers.

pnbronco
09-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I like my crow grilled with a touch of garlic salt, thank you.

Maybe a little lemon pepper too, with a side of grilled onions??? :D

When I heard Shanny give the stat about how many 0-3 teams win I went OHHH not good, esp since it's was in Arrowhead. The curse of Arrowhead lives on, guess the young ones didn't know about it.

ApaOps5
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM

Oh man you so jinxed us!

BroncoBJ
09-28-2008, 05:57 PM
:lol: Losing to the Chiefs makes me want to put a gun to my head. Thier such a joke of a team.

Traveler
09-28-2008, 06:27 PM
:lol: Losing to the Chiefs makes me want to put a gun to my head. Thier such a joke of a team.

And that thinking is partly the reason we lost.

KCL
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Traveler you called it right.Yea Denver is still the better team but just not today.Charles and Savage did a good job on returns to set up some of our scores.Plus Derrick Johnson had an excellent game as did LJ.

Traveler
09-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Traveler you called it right.Yea Denver is still the better team but just not today.Charles and Savage did a good job on returns to set up some of our scores.Plus Derrick Johnson had an excellent game as did LJ.

Now if I could only get this feeling for the lotto.

I hate that I was right. But I sometimes get a good read on our team in certain situations. We have certain tendencies at times and I think most folks on here can understand what I saying.

KC is always a problem team for us, especially at Arrowhead. We were extremely lucky the past couple of weeks. We beat two powerhouse offenses with a suspect defense. The hype started and Denver (some fans and sports writers included) started buying into it.

Our tendency of playing to the level of our opponent also comes into play. And for some unexplained reason, I knew this game was a setup.

No such feelings this week.

honz
09-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I hate you.:coffee:

;)

Firggin' Chefs and their fans...:tsk:

BroncoJoe
09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I blame this thread.

Please ban Traveler.

tia.

KCL
09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
I hate you.:coffee:

;)

Firggin' Chefs and their fans...:tsk:

It's Bush's fault

honz
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
It's Bush's fault
No, it is Tyler Thigpen's fault. Why did he have to get benched?:elefant:

Nah, the Chefs deserved this one...they simply outplayed us.

KCL
09-28-2008, 07:33 PM
No, it is Tyler Thigpen's fault. Why did he have to get benched?:elefant:

Nah, the Chefs deserved this one...they simply outplayed us.

They earned it and the fans deserved it....It'll be payback when KC travels to
Denver....:eek:

broncosfanscott
09-28-2008, 11:55 PM

It's all on the offense today. Our defense made stops today that resulted in KC FGs instead of TDs, however the offense couldn't take care of business. Despite our bad play, we still had a chance to cut the lead to 3 in the fourth quarter but once again only got a FG. It's all about making plays and today we didn't.

I thought things were going to get rolling once Marshall got that TD, but I guess not.

You can't expect to win games if you turn the ball over 4 times. On the other side we are 3-1 through the first quarter of the season. Time to regroup and get ready for a home games vs. the Bucs.

Lonestar
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Now I did not see the first half so really do not know what happened there but frankly folks the defense sucks and has all year..

Score was 13-10 when I first saw it.. it went down hill from there..

When LJ run s for 200 yards on your defense there are not other excuses.. Also Bly was put on a spit to day and all that was missed was the KC barbecue sauce..

You win and lose at the LOS.. That is all that was needed to say..

EastCoastBronco
09-29-2008, 06:41 AM
They (their D especially) played over their heads. We (our O especially) played under ours. When the scales finally balanced the result was ugly as hell.
On the bright side...I didn't realize we had such a good "hurry up" offence. When they went into that mode (albeit a bit late) KC didn't have the answer. We moved the ball at will. We were 4 inches away from overtime on that onside kick. If we had recovered it their D was far too tired to stop us...If, If , If...

BroncoJoe
09-29-2008, 08:05 AM

Oh, wait...

Oops.

That game, and my above statements, was an embarrassment.

Thnikkaman
09-29-2008, 08:25 AM
One thing I noticed today is that Jay is way too dependent on Marshal. Those two ints in the 3rd quarter he had guys wide open, but instead he tries to thread the needle and hit Marshal.

I think we make the playoffs this year, but this is a learning year for our young guys.

Congrats to the Chiefs. They brought their A game today. If they can get a QB that can throw catchable passes, and a better O-Line, they won't be a disgrace anymore.

Dreadnought
09-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Now I did not see the first half so really do not know what happened there but frankly folks the defense sucks and has all year..

Score was 13-10 when I first saw it.. it went down hill from there..

When LJ run s for 200 yards on your defense there are not other excuses.. Also Bly was put on a spit to day and all that was missed was the KC barbecue sauce..

You win and lose at the LOS.. That is all that was needed to say..

I'm going to post once and only once on this game, and then the damned thing is going down the memory hole forever. It's already erased from my TiVo. The defense in the first half did its job aparty from that G-D'ed 75 yard LJ run. They kept the Chiefs from piling up an early advantage, and the one TD surrendered was from a first and goal at the 2 set up by Marshall's fumble.

Royal's fyumble was bad, Marshall's was worse. The 2 Cutler Ints were extremely bad ones; no pressure, plenty of time to throw, and they both had the "look" about them that he had seen something and KC was in trouble. Just terrible decisions on his part. Not tipped, not deflected, not flubbed by a receiver, just bad reads by Cutler. JC will be one of the greats, but he needs to learn to spread the ball around. There are a whole bunch of capable receivers on this team not named Brandon Marshall.

This one is on the offense. You will rarely see a QB pile up 360 yards and yet have a worse game. The running game was sorry. The whole bunch looked like they had been reading their press clippings.

We know its not a very good defense, but for most of the game they played...OK. Not good. Not championship level. Enough that we should have won this without too much trouble though. Kick coverage still sucks too, FWIW.

Positives? Pass blocking gave JC all the time he should have needed to crush KC. Prater can kick long FG's. Spencer Larsen can deliver a Hell of a hit. That is about all. Now I'm done and ready for Tampa Bay.

Bronco9798
09-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm going to post once and only once on this game, and then the damned thing is going down the memory hole forever. It's already erased from my TiVo. The defense in the first half did its job aparty from that G-D'ed 75 yard LJ run. They kept the Chiefs from piling up an early advantage, and the one TD surrendered was from a first and goal at the 2 set up by Marshall's fumble.

Royal's fyumble was bad, Marshall's was worse. The 2 Cutler Ints were extremely bad ones; no pressure, plenty of time to throw, and they both had the "look" about them that he had seen something and KC was in trouble. Just terrible decisions on his part. Not tipped, not deflected, not flubbed by a receiver, just bad reads by Cutler. JC will be one of the greats, but he needs to learn to spread the ball around. There are a whole bunch of capable receivers on this team not named Brandon Marshall.

This one is on the offense. You will rarely see a QB pile up 360 yards and yet have a worse game. The running game was sorry. The whole bunch looked like they had been reading their press clippings.

We know its not a very good defense, but for most of the game they played...OK. Not good. Not championship level. Enough that we should have won this without too much trouble though. Kick coverage still sucks too, FWIW.

Positives? Pass blocking gave JC all the time he should have needed to crush KC. Prater can kick long FG's. Spencer Larsen can deliver a Hell of a hit. That is about all. Now I'm done and ready for Tampa Bay.

The Cutler INT to Marshall was just a horrible play on Jay's part. He had Scheff open down the middle for a TD. He never looked his way. I'm sure BM was the first option, but he had time to look him off and throw to Scheff. That was excruciating to watch. But, it was what it was. It happened. Jay will make more great plays and bad plays like that, it's who he is. All QB's make mistakes that hurt as the season goes along. Jay and the offense, outside of the RB's, will redeem themselves, the Defense won't.

The thing you can't give a break to is the front four of the Defensive line. They consistently play bad, play after play.

dunk7
09-29-2008, 09:06 AM
It's all on the offense today. Our defense made stops today that resulted in KC FGs instead of TDs, however the offense couldn't take care of business. Despite our bad play, we still had a chance to cut the lead to 3 in the fourth quarter but once again only got a FG. It's all about making plays and today we didn't.

What game were you watching...sure the offense made some stupid plays...I saw an inept offense beat up on our defense. Making a few plays at the end of the game would have at least given us a chance.

broncosfanscott
09-29-2008, 11:42 PM
What game were you watching...sure the offense made some stupid plays...I saw an inept offense beat up on our defense. Making a few plays at the end of the game would have at least given us a chance.

That is exactly my point. We had chances to get back into this game and take the lead and we didn't. That is because we turned the ball over 4 times. You do that every game and you won't be successfull.